Akin: The “liberal elitist media” is trying to push me out of the race

posted at 8:50 pm on August 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

The liberal media? Like Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin?

BuzzFeed notices that he has the same thing posted on his campaign website. Under normal circumstances, this would be a smart play. If you’re a conservative who’s been pegged as too fringe and damaged to win, the obvious move is to RINO-ize your critics and rally grassroots righties behind you by doing battle with the squishy liberal hordes. Like I said in the other thread, I think he’ll still be able to pull off a variation of that strategy down the stretch if he can avoid any other major gaffes and stay reasonably close to McCaskill in the polls. If the seat looks remotely winnable in October, the base will grudgingly let bygones be bygones and pressure the NRSC to go all-in to help him win. But to play the “us vs. them” card right now, when he’s got some of the truest “true conservatives” on the right hammering him as an embarrassment who can’t win? Good lord. How did this guy get elected to Congress?

Via Right Vid, here’s one of those elitist liberal media types righteously repulsed at the idea that anyone, Todd Akin included, thinks “Senator Akin” is a more important goal than repealing ObamaCare.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

It would’ve been easy to not get this guy nominated. If one of the other two candidates decided to drop out before the primary, no way would Akin have won. But both felt that they were going to be chosen and Akin slipped in with less than 40% of the vote. It’s a lousy situation, but not the fault of people of faith.

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I am not saying it is…but I do think that a lot of Democrats voted for him. And I also think there was a reason that McCaskill spent all that money running ads calling Akin too conservative during the Republican primary. This is the kind of thing that can happen in a three way primary.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Gee, I am sorry I said the earth was flat..it was bad of me and I mispoke..that is what this is like. I mean what other nutty ideas does this guy have?

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Dahh.

Because he said it once. He quickly when challenged found out the truth and reversed his position. No more can be asked.

Flatearthers refers to those that will not change their opinions no matter how much proof is presented. This is obviously not that.

You are just using Saul Alinsky to malign him.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

RasThavas on August 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I really think he meant actual rape versus false claims of rape, but I’m not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He should go.

We however, should not put words into his mouth that he did not say. There are enough media and democrat politicans and pacs that will do that without us piling on.

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

RasThaven,

We are all Akin if he stays on the ballot. Repeal of Obamacare is more important.

Stay the course.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yes it can. And now, unless we can get a credible write-in candidate or he steps down, we’re stuck with him.

The best thing for us to do is just move on, concentrate on other races and ignore this one, but on election day anyone in Missouri should hold their noses and make sure they vote for the candidate that will remove McCaskill because she will do actual harm to the country.

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Listen up, you stupid, stupid fvck, I survived a rape. It was a “legitimate rape.” You have NO idea how outrageous, asinine, ridiculous, and ignorant his comments were. He is an embarrassment and he is not wanted.

You are right. It was a legitimate election. He did win the right to run for the Senate in the General. Sadly, by his actions, we know that he feels entitled to such office and doesn’t care if his pursuit of entitlement and 6 more years sucking on the public teat results in the reelection Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid continuing in his position, the cementing of Obamacare, trillions of dollars in deficits for as far as the eye can see, and 2 new, Prog justices on the Supreme Court. He has proven that he cares more about himself than his country, his party, and the people of his state.

There are no “lies.” He is a selfish, arrogant POS, who speaks of God and all that. Well, he had better familiarise himself with:

“Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”

- Proverbs 16:18

You might not recognise it, but you are the Santorum equivalent of a damn Paulistinian. I fully expect you to being doing this before long:

“Paulsamic Vinegar” Mom: Ron Paul Supporters Spray Vinegar at the Sky to Fight “Chemtrails”…I’m Not Kidding

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

RasThaven,

Stay the course.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I will not support someone who should officially join the Muslim Brotherhood. He is a box on Republicans and Romney and Ryan need to take a hammer to him as apparently a stick was not enough.

RasThavas on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

It was led by RINOS.

But yes that was a political statement mostly caused by RINO posters on this site.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Bullsh*t. That is what that is.

I knew as soon as I heard what Akin said that it was over for him…or should be…it was insulting and ignorant and it had nothing to do with Rinos or true conservatives or liberals or anything else. He called rape victims liars, along with some junk science crap that no rational person would believe.

The man made an outrageous comment that most sane people reacted to badly. The Democrats will exploit it.

And for you to say that the only people who had a problem with this are Rinos or that Rinos led it and people like Limbaugh, Hannity, Malkin to just name a few conservatives were just following the Rinos is ridiculous. It is delusional.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I agree with you on all points here.

I hate these types of elections but Mitt won exactly the same way. I believe that at all levels there should be a runoff between the top two. I also believe that Primaries should be closed.

But those were not the rule. I supported Sarah’s pick not this man but he won fairly.

Trying to force him out was just plain wrong. But they even wanted to replace him with a party hack. This was not Democratic and people that were involved in this should pay a high price.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

resit me much,

I thought you were a male. you surived a rape? Prison?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

He would do fine in Iran or Saudi Arabia or Egypt. They would probably make him an official Imam. That any American, other than a Muslim, would vote for him now is embarrassing.

RasThavas on August 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

This is just plain false.

These conservatives saw the damage the RINOS had done and worried that he could not recover from it. This election is so important that they were speaking with their emotions not their heads. They will support Akin now just you watch.

The RINOS pulled the same trick in Nevada which is why Harry Reid is speaker. The Tea Party candidate was wining then all the RINOS jumped all over her for a minor misstatement. One of the reasons I detest RINOS. They prefer Harry Reid over a Tea Party candidate.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hopefully Akin will change his mind and drop out yet. If not a write in might be the way to go.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

what was that movie where Michael Douglas gets raped essentially..that whole premise cracked me up it was so absurd. Full Disclosure or somethig like that.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

You are just using Saul Alinsky to malign him.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Only ‘tards would believe the shyt about the Magical Vajayjay Shield in the first place. History is replete with examples of women becoming preggers as a result of rape. By the millions, women have borne the children of conquering armies for as long as men have waged war.

He is either willing to suspend disbelief to believe any crackpot theory or is incapable of even modest analysis and evaluation. Take your pick. Either renders him unfit for the Senate…as a Republican. He can always become a Democrat and move to Delaware.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

resit me much,

I thought you were a male. you surived a rape? Prison?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I am a woman, asshat.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

RasThavas on August 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Then is Huckabee irrational?

He was the source of this information. Is he ineligible to be on Radio, TV or run for election?

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

resit me much,

I thought you were a male. you surived a rape? Prison?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I am a woman, a s shat.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

RasThavas on August 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Are you and VorDaj one and the same. Muslim, muslim all the time.

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

resist me much does not care about repeal of healthcare? :(

A vote not cast for Akin is a vote for Obamacare.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Then is Huckabee irrational?

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

He became ineligible when Maurice Clemmons killed 4 police officers outside of Seattle…or he should have been.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

If we can get a credible candidate, I’d suggest an immediate threat of a write-in and publicly mention it with the name of the candidate. See how much support of Akin’s dries up to try and get him to step down off the ballot. Might not work, but it’s worth a shot.

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Are you for real? Today I heard Rush Limbaugh say that these comments were absurd..in fact he said he was tired of making excuses for stupid politicians and Akin was the guy he was talking about…there is no sane way you can blame that on some make believe Rinos…

Akin screwed up. All by himself. Supporting idiots is not something conservatives are required to do.

As for Nevada…Sharon Angle sucked as a candidate. Harry Reid had a low approval rating and yet he still managed to win because Angle came across to voters as a kook, a loon and that was not the fault of Rinos or whatever, it was because she was weird and awkward.

You can not just blame everything on Rinos as if they were some phantom menace or something. At this point I would say that Akin is the Republican in name only.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Sometimes it seems like God hates the Republican party.

Who would have thought on 9-11 just 7 years later a guy named Barack Hussein Obama would be elected president, then railroad healthcare through and then a guy named Akin from Missouri would say what he said and cost us a pivotal seat.

Is God a socialist?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

As a last resort. Someone mentioned Kit Bond.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

resist me much does not care about repeal of healthcare? :(

A vote not cast for Akin is a vote for Obamacare.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Right, which must be why I fought so hard on the legal and political fronts to prevent its passage and then fight it afterwards.

It’s not my problem that Akin committed suicide on television. He is toxic to suburban women.

The vote to repeal Obamacare was there…all Akin needed to do was to put his country, party and state first and DROP OUT. He put his own political ambitions ahead of repealing Obamacare. Don’t try to blame this on me.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Pure Saul Alinsky.

Close ears and attack.

He has had very strict views about abortion for his entire 22 tenure in the House and voted such. I get you disagree with him so what.

Insane is doing the same thing over and over and not learning from it. He was corrected once and learned from it.

You really need to improve your imagination. Huckabee used to believe this as well. He is not stupid is he. Are you asking for him to be fired from Radio and TV. I bet not.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I thought you were a male. you surived a rape? Prison?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

You’re a disgusting human being.

steebo77 on August 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM

the problem you have is AKin is thinking the same exact thing Romney was thniking in our primary:

They hate me now but when it’s me or Obama’s agenda, they vote for me.

that’s why he wont drop out.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

steeebo.

stop being a diva, i thought she was a male. She talks rough and tough like a man.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

As a last resort. Someone mentioned Kit Bond.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Bringing back a former senator. Sigh. Might be just about the only option at this point. Need a candidate within the next week if it’s going to be remotely plausible.

Thanks for the discussion. Time for sleep. We all need to work after all.

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

They needed 60 votes to pass Obama Care. Harry Reid was not expected to win but then this same type of attack was launched against Sharon Angle. She lost and thus everything passed by Harry Reid is brought to you by RINOS who attacked Sharon Angle instead of supporting her.

And you dare now bring this up.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Can we just forget about this idiot? Look I know these threads get the hits but sometimes we drag a story on for too long. And the longer we discuss this debacle the more life we give it.
This moron isn’t that important unless you live in Missouri, there are other Senate seats we can focus on to get to the magic number.

As for what he believes and whether it’s right or wrong, who cares? He can’t force his beliefs on anyone even as a Senator. Roe Wade isn’t going anywhere any time soon and we have other things we can do something about instead.

So can we get on with winning and forget the loser?

Deanna on August 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

resit me much,

I thought you were a male. you surived a rape? Prison?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

What a dumbass thing to say..

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

resist,

Now is not the time to be a diva. Love him or hate him, we are all Akin now unless a reasonable alternative presents itself.

I just donated 500 dollars to his campaign and signed his petition. He’s still standing.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

terrye,

No it’s not if I thought she was a male. Unless the guy had some kind of Full Disclosure scenario at work, rape of a male doesn’t seem likelly unless at prison.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

And you dare now bring this up.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

No, it was brought to you by the Reconciliation process and 51 votes…

And Sharon Angle did not lose because Rinos attacked her…she lost because she was a crappy candidate and the voters rejected her. They did not want her. They refused to vote for her. You act as if the voters do not even matter…btw, The Tea Party Express came out against Akin right away..and they said the reason they did that was that they learned a lesson with Sharon Angle.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:14 PM

why was ANgle so bad, i never heard much about her compared to O’Donnel.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Thanks for the discussion. Time for sleep. We all need to work after all.

njrob on August 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Yes, good night.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Akin has no honor and he doesn’t care about babies any more than he cares about women. He is obviously a total narcissist and those who actually do care about either women or babies or both need to shun him like he is the plague, because that is essentially what he is.

VorDaj on August 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Ah, but you miss the point. Coulter, Malkin, Hannity and Rush are RINOS.

Only this one commenter here is a true conservative and everyone else pales before his conservative might… only Steveangell has the mantle few true conservatism and we all should bow and glory in his presence and accept his word of Akin’s being the best conservative choice as valid.

That or he’s just a twit who doesn’t understand what he’s saying.

Yeah, actually that makes more sense.

gekkobear on August 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I would aruge Akin cares about babies so much he was willing to believe something absurd on it’s face as a result.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

So if Huckabee believes in the magic vagina goalies who save all raped women from getting pregnant it must be true? That is enough for you to believe it makes sense?

I’m sorry, if Huckabee believes something inane and stupid that doesn’t make it true; it makes Huckabee an idiot too.

I’m sorry that for you fact doesn’t have anything to do with reality and only with the utterances of Huckabee.

I recall wondering if God could change reality in a Philosophy class; but I never wondered if a politicians beliefs could change reality… I never realized Huckabee was more powerful than God.

Can you explain when Huckabee achieved divinity in your eyes? When Huckabee was a child, were Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy real as well? Or did his magic reality affecting godlike powers of belief come to him at a later date?

gekkobear on August 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

So if Huckabee believes the magic vajayjay goalies who save all raped women from getting pregnant it must be true? That is enough for you to believe it makes sense?

Can you explain when Huckabee achieved divinity in your eyes? When he was a child, did his belief cause Santa Claus to be real? Or did he achieve godhood after he reached adulthood?

gekkobear on August 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Insane is believing something so utterly stupid when you are 65 years old.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I truly don’t give a fvck about Huck. He’s an arse. I neither watch nor listen to him. In fact, probably the only other good thing that may come out of this other than getting state GOP orgs to close their primaries is that Huck will lose a lot of his stature.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Again, the issue isn’t abortion. It is ignorance. If he is ignorant enough to believe the MVS theory, then who knows what else he believes…

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM

we are all Akin

Speak for yourself. I’ll never be a 65 year-old ignorant arse.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM

i don’t think Huck has that much stature to beging with or he would have run for president with that weak field. He knows he has too much baggae to win the nomination.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

That’s what Akin used to say to his elders, Resist.

I dont say this with glee but with a heavy heart. We are all Akin. Our last best hope is Todd Akin.

Are you British by the way? I note you say arse.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I noticed a lot of Brits are more interested in our politics than than own.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

And you dare now bring this up.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Obama signed Obamacare into law on 23 March 2010…BEFORE THE 2010 ELECTIONS.

Further, since Scott Brown’s election, the GOP has been able to filibuster legislation in cases where it chose to do so. Even if Angle had been elected, the GOP would still only have 48 seats. Still enough to filibuster. Not enough for a majority.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Are you British by the way? I note you say arse.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 11:14 PM

She was ahead in the Polls but the RINOS hated her eventually Bob Cashell (RINO) endorsed Harry Reid which turned the polls against her as most of the RINOS in Nevada endorsed Harry Reid.

How can you possibly say you care about repealing Obama Care then endorse Harry Reid?

But it was in 2010 after Obama Care.

But that was even worse. I think the Tea Party Express has learned to fear the RINOS and thus play the game better is all. This man is not a Tea Party guy. I wish he had lost the primary. Not surprised they did not fight for the man they lost to.

But this is blown all out of proportion. It is Political Correctness gone wild. It is a huge loss of freedom if we allow it. It will give the Democrats power if we continue to attack our own candidates.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Resist,

Do you have dual citzenship?

Or are you jsut interested in our politics b/c we are the superior country?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Who is the bigger embarrassment ot their country?
Akin or the Prince?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Obama signed Obamacare into law on 23 March 2010…BEFORE THE 2010 ELECTIONS.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I corrected myself before I read this post. Yes 2010.

But she would still be in office and we would need one less vote now. RINOS lost that seat not Sharon. You can not win if half of your fellow Republicans endorse the Democrat as happened to her. That is their fault not hers. They lost the Primary then sabotaged the winner and actually endorsed the other parties candidate. They were TRAITORS.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:35 PM

what was the deal with Angle? I heard her on some radio show and she seemed ok.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

She’s not fitting your perceived stereotype of a “legitimate” woman?

Wendya on August 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I noticed a lot of Brits are more interested in our politics than than own.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I became an American citizen in 2002.

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM

what was the deal with Angle? I heard her on some radio show and she seemed ok.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Guess she is planing to run for the House in 2014 when seat becomes vacant.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM

was i banned?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM

well, my comment didn’t show up on the quotes blog. i can’t post on the headlines either for some time.

i better get off this akin thing.

Dr. Tesla on August 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Resist,

Do you have dual citzenship?

Or are you jsut interested in our politics b/c we are the superior country?

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Heh…I’m looking forward to that answer…

ccrosby on August 22, 2012 at 12:17 AM

what was the deal with Angle? I heard her on some radio show and she seemed ok.

Dr. Tesla on August 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Sharon Angle seemed to be a great foe for Sir Harry, but she went off the deep end towards the end of the race (she does seem a little loopy) and Harry’s NV machine took over.

It still blows me away that Nevadan’s vote that ignorant SOB in again, and again, and etc…

What has he done for NV?

ccrosby on August 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Resist We Much on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Deepest sympathies for what you have suffered, RWM.

Smart people need not suffer as you have to understand how gravely offensive Akins comments were.

Alberta_Patriot on August 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM

It was led by RINOS.

Steveangell on August 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Bullsh*t. That is what that is.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Me thinks Stephaniecutter here has overplayed his/her/its hand. If any of us are left who couldn’t tell who he/she/it was before, they do now.

Alberta_Patriot on August 22, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Akin: The “liberal elitist media” is trying to push me out of the race.
No moron, you have the intelligence of a potted plant and that is being kind. Stupid doesn’t begin to describe your words and deeds. stay in and you will get no positions on any committees, your office will be half the broom closet, and nobody will bother with you. Stop the whining about the “liberal elitist media” and accept you shot yourself in the azz.

stormridercx4 on August 22, 2012 at 4:20 AM

I’ll take a conservative with a gaffe or two anyday over a RINO with a record of violating most conservative causes.

Back off GOP, your threat didn’t work, now, you’ve aided and abetted the enemy, and made a fool of yourself and as you did when many of these same eltists systematically ran the same tsunami over Sarah Palin. You are only alienating your own, not the left.

Whatever happened to Reagan’s eleventh commandment? Oh, that doesn’t count with social conservatives-they’re disposible?

Don L on August 22, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Yes it can. And now, unless we can get a credible write-in candidate ….njrob on August 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yup, great strategy. Split the vote for the Dems to win.

Don L on August 22, 2012 at 6:23 AM

But Mr. Akin, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world… but for the Senate?

There is absolutely nothing in this world more arrogant, more evil, more dangerous than a man who thinks he knows God’s mind. This man is not nice. He’s certainly not decent. He is willing to sacrifice the lives of millions of people and destroy America for his “principles” which are nothing more than his personal ambition. He’s talking about a “national” stage. Absolutely despicable conceit for his own ego.

AND he’s a liar. He said more than one word and everything he’s said since he proclaimed women had magic wombs (stupid, ignorant—sensitivity has absolutely nothing to do with it) has been a lie. Despicable. Claire M bought and paid for this tool and it’s working.

And this “man of the unheard” people, turned off his phones and shut down his e-mail so he didn’t have to hear anything but the voices in his head. Evil.

So, we’d better find winable candidates and put our money where our interests lie. Allen? Scott Brown?

Portia46 on August 22, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Don L on August 22, 2012 at 6:19 AM

No sir. Nothing in conservative principles dictates that we follow a mad-man over the cliff—particularly a mad-man who is proving himself to be nothing more than a Democrat operative, capable of sacrificing all conservative principls at the alter of his own ambition.

Let me see if I can explain the basic politics here. This is the final war against an incidious enemy who will literally destroy freedom and whose war against religion and freedom of speech and every inalienable right for which millions have fought and died. The enemy’s main weapon is turning women against reason and this man will be used to not only save Claire, but to defeat every other Republican on the ticket.

One of things I have always admired about our party is that we jettison those people who are despicable, self-serving losers with loose lips and loose morals—and yes, this man has worse morals than a man who commits adultry. He’s just like Obama. Nothing matters but him. Read “On Liberty” by John Stewart Mills. What is more dangerous than a man who thinks his ideas are unassailable? Isn’t THAT Obama and Pelosi and Reid? Old prune face needs to start plucking that sty out of his own eye.

Portia46 on August 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM

a mad-man ..is proving himself to be nothing more than a Democrat operative.

Huh? The guy screwed up his point – at least he’s not an unprincipled man caqlled by his own as Mr Etch-a-sketch.

and whose war against religion and freedom of speech

It seems to me that the war against religion and speech might be in the process of being run by the GOP as well as the other side.
I see neither party embracing both. One is openly trying to destroy both and the other is hardly embracing their social conservatives, as they keep them on the back butner for the votes they need.

Don L on August 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Don L on August 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Objecting to and refusing to support the candidacy of a certifiable narcicist is hardly an attack on freedom of speech. No one says he has to shut-up. Freedom of speech doesn’t mean he gets everyone’s money and support. Just like Joe Biden, he’s free to say any stupid and really ugly thing he wants, but we don’t have to buy into it.

And the Dems spent 1.5 million getting this guy nominated. Dems voted in the MO primary to nominate him. He won 34% of the vote, hardly a popular anything. He is exactly what Claire was praying and paying for. He’s a Democrat tool and if he thinks not, his conceit knows no bounds.

Portia46 on August 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM

We’ve got to start our own hypovehiculations. This guy is first.

Pablo Snooze on August 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM

My goodness, I heard way too much of such oafery when I was a kid in well, Denver.

He really said, hey, if your pregnant you weren’t really raped. Real rape victims don’t get pregnant because of their mojo. It is so primitive, it is live trials by combat of testing witches to see if they sink. You drown but your reputation is secure.

Further, he shows in high relief what is wrong with the country: everyone wants to impose their views on others through legal coercion.

All these bloaters forget that someone has to pay for their beliefs, right or left, and it is never them personally, it is always the weakest, or most harried bunch.

If you oppose abortion, open your homes to the unwanted kids, or give your money rather than trying to take it from others for your own pleasure.

Denver Bob on August 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM

C’mon Hot Air!

As I just pulled up your site, 11 of the 35 articles on the page referred to Todd Akin — OVER 30%!

I doubt that if Israel had bombed Iran this morning you would have had this much coverage.

Give us a break. The guy made an idiotic statement. BIG DEAL! End of story.

Concerned_American on August 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Akin apologized and I think it was more sincere than anything I’ve heard from a leftist or democrat when they even bother to apologize which they don’t do very often with LSM support.

Which is worse, Ted Kennedy actually being an unapologetic known rapist, or Akin’s stupid comment that he apologized for? Akin is correct when he says he has never received much RNC support anyway, so why should he care what they want?

Yeah what he said was stupid, but he apologized for it. Time to move on, or you can continue to be manipulated by the LSM/Odumbass propaganda machine and continue to think it is big news. It isn’t.

woodNfish on August 22, 2012 at 4:21 PM