Quotes of the day

posted at 10:39 pm on August 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

The full weight of the Republican Party is now bearing down on Akin to leave the race in the wake of his “legitimate rape” remarks. Crossroads GPS has announced it is pulling its ads. Mitt Romney has condemned Akin’s comments. Several of Akin’s potential GOP Senate colleagues have asked him to withdraw from the race. NRSC chair John Cornyn has released a statement that stops just short of that.

It’s a rare showdown between a national party and one of its most important nominees, a situation that will serve as a case study in the power of party institutions at a time when the political establishment is in disrepute.

It’s hard to see how Akin recovers from a controversy of this magnitude – one that has Republicans up and down the ticket and across the nation denouncing him. His fundraising, already unimpressive, is going to dry up. The air cover is going to go away. Support from the national party will be non-existent because of Akin’s toxicity…

In other words, it’s likely that his candidacy is terminal.

***

I won’t hate Todd Akin officially unless he refuses to withdraw from the Missouri Senate race. If he does withdraw, honorably sacrificing his personal interests to save the country, it will be time for all good men to rally around Akin as an American patriot…

He’s not a talk radio host. He’s not sitting around shooting the breeze in a college dorm room. This is a politician who should have a clear, nonthreatening answer at the ready for the most cliched question in the MSM’s playbook.

This is no time for another foot-in-the-mouth, Trent Lott Republican to be dominating the national political discussion. The country is at stake…

I’m sure Rep. Akin worked hard and is probably a good Republican in many other ways. But Republicans can’t risk these kinds of mistakes. Not this year.

***

Akin has backed off from his remarks, albeit with the politician’s excuse of “misspeaking.” People who make such remarks on television are typically capable of making more like them, or rather incapable of exercising the judgment to refrain. We suspect that this same lack of judgment will cause Akin to blow past tomorrow evening’s deadline for him to leave the race and allow the Republicans to select a better nominee. We hope the congressman, who surely wants to see a Senate with as much conservative strength as possible next year, will prove us wrong.

***

I understand the outrage many of my friends and fellow conservatives feel about the double standards the Right faces when it comes to media/political treatment of other politicians’ stupidity (looking at you, Bozo the VP). But the question Akin faced wasn’t some obscure, gotcha question. It was basic abortion politics 101. His statement about the remarks issued yesterday doesn’t even acknowledge the worst part of his botched answer.

GOP candidates in critical races that could swing the balance of the U.S. Senate ought to be ready for prime time. Period…

The question for Republicans in Missouri is whether sticking by self-inflicted-wounded Akin is more important than securing a U.S. Senate majority.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Click the image to watch.

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Well, he who shall not be named, was commenting so quickly he must have taken a speed reading class. But you are right to fast and to much repetition causes good stuff to be missed.

Cindy Munford on August 21, 2012 at 2:15 AM

When I saw him having diarrhea of the keyboard I opted not to even participate in those threads, life is short and I don’t have to invite a total nutter into my life in any way shape or form, and defiantly not if I’m not getting paid to deal with them.

Betenoire on August 21, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Betenoire on August 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM

The weird thing is that I am not sure Assange would be convicted if he went back, he sure is making himself look guilty. I bet he is loving all the attention.

Cindy Munford on August 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

It’s the best performance I’ve seen of this piece.

thatsafactjack on August 21, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I see your Damrau (who is sublime) and raise you Edda Moser. Its like if Callas sang Queen of the Night.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Good one!..:)

Dire Straits on August 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I’m going to hit the hay. Goodnight everyone! I need to join in earlier tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on August 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Akin should issue a mea culpa, ‘I spoke from ignorance and have been greatly educated re those mistaken views. Unlike my socialist opponent and my histrionic peers, I am capable of learning from my mistakes.’ Then finish the campaign and win and shove it right up the collective rear ends of this fair-weather ‘eek it’s a mouse!’ party.

And now Coulter jumps on the bandwagon, while that cretin Galloway says what Assange did wasn’t rape. It’s all about timing.

rayra on August 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM

That is primo work!!..:)

PS..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on August 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

All right. I think I nailed it. The wrong questions, with the wrong replies.

You, too???

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Life, wide and open, probably more closely resembles a Japanese Anime fantasy than we would like to admit. :) Than I would anyway.

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Nice tune!..:)

Dire Straits on August 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Really was. Haven’t thought of that one for a while.

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Cindy Munford on August 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Enjoyed it!..Later!..:)

Dire Straits on August 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Cindy Munford on August 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Night excellent Cindy Munford!

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Nice tune!..:)

Dire Straits on August 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Really was. Haven’t thought of that one for a while.

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Heard it on the TeeVee just a few minutes before…

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Well here, then…

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM

HA is running an ad from A&E for an upcoming show (Labor Day) :presented by” Ridley and Tom Scott called Coma. A&E might want to revamp their ad campaign…

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Underrated. :) Stranger In The House

Well here, then…

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM

O, yeah. We’re right over the target. :) IMO, etc., — all other not-fighting-this-hill-cause-I’m-relaxing qualifiers.

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Congressman Akin

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM

LOL — @Dire! Remember this?

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I’ve always preferred Laura over Luke or Rick. This Laura will do nicely, as well…

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I wish I hadn’t understood that reference. :)

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Mad World

*poof*

Axe on August 21, 2012 at 3:31 AM

No stones, Styx

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 3:36 AM

hopes he hangs on, for the entertainment value! please god, give Akin strength to resist the pressure of all these spineless rinos! Amen!

nathor on August 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM

No stones, Styx…

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 3:36 AM

There is only one comment to that. :D

Betenoire on August 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Here’s hoping for some come November…

Gohawgs on August 21, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Would be that the world hold Obama to the same high moral standards, however, I’m afraid that this rejection is more about GOP political rear-end saving than it is about moral offense.

I note little of this high road stuff when Oromney said the gays might very well contaminate the boy scouts with their agenda.

Don L on August 21, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Hit the bricks Akin. This isn’t amateur hour. Romney is going to take MO and that horrible McCaskill should be road kill. You blew it. Don’t tell us you’re not a witch, just slink off and give a legit candidate the coattails.

MJBrutus on August 21, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Sneak/Peek,of GOP Convention Stage!

Reince Priebus ‏@Reince

Just unveiled the stage for the @gopconvention — check it out! http://yfrog.com/khwzdmtj #gop2012

canopfor on August 21, 2012 at 6:08 AM

its so pathetic how some of you are curling up in the fetal position whining. he made an ignorant comment, but one that in no way endorses, justifies or excuses rape. in fact it would be a huge leap of intellectual dishonesty to try and read this as anything other than ignorance, barely offensive at all. so why are yall crying so much?? because the press and the party that spent years defending ted kennedy, chris dodd, barney frank and bill clinton, (guys that know a thing or two about sexual assualt) is making hay over it? this is a big nothing burger but reacting to their attacks gives it credibility.

oh, check out the newest member of the club, kerry gauthier and his 17yo boy

chasdal on August 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Yep.

I just woke up. Hope I get to listen to Rush today.

Ace summed it up well last night. I understand where he is coming from. It is what it is.

Have to say though, this rush to crucify this guy like this.. I realize it’s sort of like the perfect storm with the deadline for withdrawal today. So we have to crucify him now before it’s too late. We’ve got to destroy him now because our entire campaign rests on the ignorant comment of one man and no apology from him will be big enough. Nothing he can say now will convince anyone he did not mean to imply what he is being accused of. But that is how the game is played. It’s exposing a weakness on our side. I just think when there is such a rush, such a mob mentality it seldom works out.

But what the heck do I know. I’m not a highly paid consultant.

JellyToast on August 21, 2012 at 6:25 AM

mika literally giggling with joy discussing akin. she repeats time and time again that ryan co-sponsored a bill with him. ryan has reportedly called akin himself and asked him to leave the race, to try and show distance between the two.

renalin on August 21, 2012 at 6:30 AM

My take.

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 6:34 AM

GOP Convention Twitter!

2012 GOP Convention
@GOPconvention

Paid for by the Committee on Arrangements for the 2012 Republican National Convention. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. #GOP2012

Tampa, FL · http://gopconvention2012.com/

canopfor on August 21, 2012 at 6:37 AM

nathor on August 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM

We have Democrats for that kind of entertainment.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:39 AM

************** 360 Degree Panarama of GOP Convention Stage
looks AwesomeLicious,and its half complete!!

NBC News ‏@NBCNews

MT @nbcnewscrew: 360 panoramic view of stage construction at @GOPconvention in Tampa, FL #NBCPolitics #Decision2012 http://360.io/natajW

canopfor on August 21, 2012 at 6:41 AM

renalin on August 21, 2012 at 6:30 AM

is that u mika, real woman of genius?

gracie on August 21, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I would not be surprised that in the coming weeks we find that to Democrats have said the same thing.
Also, I bet we will discover that the pregnancy/rape thing has been taught or at least discussed in classrooms.

I was thinking about this last night, because I have heard this very same thing. I honestly believe now I was told this in one or more of my crisis trainings as a caseworker. I’ve been in social services for nearly 18 years, am I am certain that is where I have heard this.

JellyToast on August 21, 2012 at 6:45 AM

oh, check out the newest member of the club, kerry gauthier and his 17yo boy

chasdal on August 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM

This is not about Ted Kennedy or the double standard that we all know exists. It really is not. This is about winning the Senate and trying to undo some of the damage that Barack Obama has done.

My husband is conservative, very conservative..but when he heard Akin make those comments he groaned. He rolled his eyes. He just knew that what he was hearing was bizarre. It is not even the issue of abortion and rape..it is the whole issue of whether or not a woman can magically stop a pregnancy at time of rape and if rape is legitimate or not.

We have lived in the country for years. We had livestock for years. Believe it or not pregnancy is not a moral decision..it is something that happens when a sperm fertilizes an egg.Apparently Akin does not realize that.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Humans are not livestock.

And, what you do with that tiny life growing inside of you, certainly is a moral decision.

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 6:52 AM

JellyToast on August 21, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Oh come on..for one thing the whole issue of legitimate rape raises the question as to whether or not the women are lying about being raped. Not only that an egg is fertilized if the sperm reaches it…it is not about crisis. If a woman is ovulating and she is raped then there is a chance she will get pregnant. There is always a chance a woman will not get pregnant even when all the conditions are right. It does not have to a crisis situation. The hormone levels might not be right…all sorts of things can happen. But the idea that if there is a legitimate rape vs the kind women lie about then voila! no baby is just ridiculous. And there was no reason to even bring it up. My guess is the Democrats are breathing a sigh of relief this morning.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:53 AM

renalin on August 21, 2012 at 6:30 AM

figures….its infuriating that whenever there is a major issue in the gop, the LSM ALWAYS ties it to the nominee and when a dem does it, pushes it as far away from obama as possible….

INFURIATING…

saw some other schmuck insists that because of his view that all GOP have the same view….and why aren’t they talking about the economy, its because you lib talking heads only ask these kinds of questions….IDIOTS!!!!

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 6:34 AM

great take KJ as always….

read it folks

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Right on. It’s still the economy and Akin is stupid. He has to go.

MJBrutus on August 21, 2012 at 6:57 AM

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Humans are not livestock.

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I never said that what you did with that life inside you is not a moral decision. Do not act as if I did. My point is that women get pregnant the same way other mammals do. Unless of course it is Mary Mother of Jesus…but I do not think that all pregnancies are the result of virgin birth.

Most of them come about as a result of sexual intercourse and rape is not consensual intercourse. It is however forced sexual intercourse. Akin seems to be confused about that.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM

great take KJ as always….

read it folks

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Were you under the impression that I was not saying that what you do with the life inside you is not a moral decision? I did not say that…and that was not even really Akin’s only point.

I mean do people really not understand what Akin said here?

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 7:01 AM

i understand what he said….

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Here’s the question: Is a baby created out of a rape, not deserving of life?

Yes, Akin put his foot in it, and probably should drop out.

But, at what point do you decide if an unborn, helpless life is disposable?

Just askin’…

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM

So did he withdraw yet? Its Tuesday morning.

Seriously what the heck were Missouri voters thinking?

Ugh.

PappyD61 on August 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM

We’re running out of time and that idiot must go now. The GOP should cut off his funding and the Party should not sanction his run. Where in the world do they find these nuts?

rplat on August 21, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Here’s the question: Is a baby created out of a rape, not deserving of life?

Yes, Akin put his foot in it, and probably should drop out.

But, at what point do you decide if an unborn, helpless life is disposable?

Just askin’…

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Here is a question: If a woman gets pregnant and then says she was raped..is she lying? She must be because if she was raped then the magic woman thing that stops pregnancy when a woman is would have prevented the pregnancy..hence it is not a legitimate rape.

If Akin had simply said that the unborn should not be punished for the crimes of the rapist father, you would not see people like Mark Levin and Michelle Malkin and Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter telling him to pack up and go.

I could never get pregnant and I wanted to desperately. I do not believe that I would have gotten an abortion under any circumstances. I do think that some exceptions should be made for the life of the mother and I can understand how rape and incest could also be a factor..but that is a life no matter how it was created. I am not disputing that.

But that is not really Akin’s point here. That is not what has gotten people upset.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM

the morning joe crew can’t accept what Mitt says about this issue…no matter what he says, it’s never good enough….

don’t listen to them Mitt….

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM

don’t listen to them Mitt….

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM

so who takes advice from mj and msnbc anyway…and why r u listening to them?

gracie on August 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM

gracie on August 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM

don’t care for the other morning shows, so this my background noise…

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:21 AM

more insightful/s comment from joe scarborough…in 08 every primary tuesday it was ali vs frazier, obama vs hillary. each one upping the others game to greatness.

on the other hand all mitt does is write checks. ouch. i thought joe liked mitt. joe must be severely, severely conservative.

renalin on August 21, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Good grief, the jackass is starting to run TV ads now:

Screw what’s best for the country, since all that matters is that he’s on a mission from God.

JFS61 on August 21, 2012 at 7:23 AM

don’t care for the other morning shows, so this my background noise…

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:21 AM

me too.

renalin on August 21, 2012 at 7:23 AM

New Aiken Ad Released! Ugh.

The ignorant, embarrassing, unelectable and delusional Todd Akin just recorded and posted a 30-second tv ad asking for forgiveness. BARF. -see below-

It looks like he may be preparing to let his massive ego keep him in the race, making this whole “legitimate rape” issue drag on in the news cycle, threatening our chances of retaking the Senate, and hurting the GOP presidential ticket.

How sad that all the momentum we had recently has now dissolved because of this utterly moronic man who is not ready for primetime. Does he care about his country? Seems he is thinking only about himself and his own ambitions.

**VIDEO – NEW AKIN AD:** Here’s Mr. Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin begging for forgiveness.

Democrats are all too happy to have this dufus stay in the race because they know he will be very easy to beat… in a state which should have been an easy pick-up for Republicans!

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM

He will drop out or he won’t( I expect not) IF he drops out we move forward stronger, if he doesn’t he is persona non grata and we act accordingly. Thats that.

rob verdi on August 21, 2012 at 7:28 AM

TODD AKIN, GET OUT NOW! THINK ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY!

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:29 AM

The moron Akin may cost the GOP control of the Senate, Harry Reid will continue as Majority leader, bills that originated from the house will stay buried. Reform efforts from a Romney presidency will be held up. What a depressing thought.

bayview on August 21, 2012 at 7:30 AM

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM

the lsm distraction for the week….

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM

can we still take the senate with mccaskill winning?

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM

We have Democrats for that kind of entertainment.

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:39 AM

as someone with very little respect and care for the GOP, or dems, or our politicians in general, I really find this episode amusing, even if it hurts the GOP which is still the party I generally lean to.

nathor on August 21, 2012 at 7:38 AM

bayview on August 21, 2012 at 7:30 AM

We also need control of Senate to repeal Obamacare.

Also, this stupid, totally unnecessary issue is being tied to Romney/Ryan in order to hurt our presidential ticket’s standing and take the focus off the economy. The faster this goes away, the better. Todd Akin needs to do the right thing today.

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:38 AM

TODD AKIN, GET OUT NOW! THINK ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY!

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:29 AM

noooooo! please stay! this is top notch political drama! highly entertaining. only the wiener scandal could be better.

nathor on August 21, 2012 at 7:40 AM

can we still take the senate with mccaskill winning?

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM

This was supposed to be one of the easier pick-ups this year! It was already going to be a tough but possible task to gain control of Senate, and a Dem win in MO makes it much harder.

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM

just forgive the man, its the christian thing to do! lol!

nathor on August 21, 2012 at 7:43 AM

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM

gotcha

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM

If this idiot Akin stays in the race, then we run Talent as an independent. Don’t give Akin a dime.

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 7:54 AM

can we still take the senate with mccaskill winning?

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 7:32 AM

There are 53 Democrat senators and one Independent socialist, Barry Sanders, the other Independent, Lieberman is retiring. So the magic number is 5.

But Republican will lose in seat in ME, so in effect has to get 6 in November.

Rehberg is ahead in MT
Fischer is ahead in NE
Thompson is ahead in WI
Berg is ahead in ND

With the cretin now losing MO with his idiocy and ego, GOP just have to retain the seat of Scott Brown, and win either FL with Mack or VA with Allen. Now all three scenarios have to happen if Akin stays on.

Other assumptions
Mourdock is in a tight race and must win there.
Unlikely Mandel can overtake Brown in OH

bayview on August 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM

bayview on August 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM

thanks bv :)

cmsinaz on August 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Apparently the new GOP platform again will not explicitly call for a rape exception… I’ve been pounding on this stupidity for years. You can’t get a majority of even churchgoing Catholics to go along with that.

The pro-life movement is going to pretty much checkmated in the next 4-8 years by safe prenatal testing. This is a tragedy but it’s also reality. Adults need to be wrestling with this reality and take the reins away from the idiots or are self destructive and can’t really achieve anything towards their own goals.

ninjapirate on August 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Akin’s pathetic apology from his new tv ad…

“I used the wrong words in the wrong way, and for that I apologize.”

No, he didn’t just get some words wrong. He said exactly what he intended to say. He showed what an ignorant moron he is regarding human biology, and did it in a flippant and seemingly callous manner that unnecessarily casts suspicion on the legitimacy of many rape cases.

Is this really what we want to be talking about? Akin brought this on us all through his own doing.

He gives Republicans a bad name and pro-lifers an even worse one. He perpetuates the dishonest “scientifically ignorant, anti-woman, callous, rape apologist” smear stereotype in a way that couldn’t have been any more advantageous for the McCaskill campaign.

This man could not be any more politically stupid. We don’t have time this year to constantly have to make excuses for kooky candidates like Akin. He needs to be replaced with someone who can get the job done. No wonder the Democrats ran ads touting him, hoping he’d be their opponent in the fall!

bluegill on August 21, 2012 at 8:10 AM

With the cretin now Before the cretin Akin losing MO with his idiocy and ego, GOP just have to retain the seat of Scott Brown, and win either FL with Mack or VA with Allen. Now all three scenarios have to happen if Akin stays on.

Other assumptions
Mourdock is in a tight race and must win there.
Unlikely Mandel can overtake Brown in OH

bayview on August 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Fixed.

bayview on August 21, 2012 at 8:11 AM

He gives Republicans a bad name and pro-lifers an even worse one.

Pro-lifers didn’t allow a rape exception in the 2008 platform. They deserve the bad press they’re getting here.

ninjapirate on August 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM

ninjapirate on August 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Yeah, being raped and the4n choosing to slaughter an innocent human is always better than just being raped.

Two evils are always better than one?

Don L on August 21, 2012 at 8:18 AM

OT- Because I’m all Akin’d out. ABC was at it again, yesterday:

…Around 6:30 PM, a half-hour after Deadline corrected the ABC morning report, ABC News put out this new headline, “Tony Scott Brain Cancer Report Appears in Doubt” and this new text backing off its story…

…The Coroner’s Office Craig Harvey also tells Deadline that his office is in possession of “part of a suicide note” found in Scott’s black Prius car found at the scene of the suicide…

That last sentence is presented without comment… No, I can’t. You’re friggin’ Tony Scott and you’re driving a PRIUS? Ugh.

Fallon on August 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Two evils are always better than one?

Would you like a world where rape could be used as a weapon against a girl?

Here’s the thing, your perspective has absolutely no chance of gaining political power ever. You can have your snarky opinion, but it’s meaningless. If you’re pro-life you’d best find a different tact.

ninjapirate on August 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Would you like a world where rape could be used as a weapon against a girl?

To force her to carry a child…

ninjapirate on August 21, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Another Trollapalooza kind of day…

kingsjester on August 21, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Would you like a world where rape could be used as a weapon against a girl, to force her to carry a child?

ninjapirate on August 21, 2012 at 8:33 AM

(I took the liberty of putting the two lines together)
No, I prefer a world where rapists are duly tried in a court of law, and if found guilty they are then “disarmed”, and given prison time.
It wouldn’t take much of that, before you would notice a drop in the instances of rape.

listens2glenn on August 21, 2012 at 10:45 AM

yep.

Bmore on August 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Terrye on August 21, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I’m telling you where I heard it.. not that I believe it. Do you understand the difference?

JellyToast on August 21, 2012 at 3:58 PM