Quotes of the day

posted at 9:16 pm on August 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

On the campaign trail this week, Ryan’s discussion of Medicare has focused on President Obama’s taking $716 billion from Medicare to pay for Obamacare, along with brief reassurances that he and Mitt Romney will protect the program. But in Florida today, Ryan put Medicare front and center. He both stepped up his attacks on Obamacare’s plan to change Medicare for current seniors and made a positive case for reforming the program for Americans under the age of 55. Ryan warned that Obamacare installed a board of bureaucrats that will “cut Medicare in ways that will lead to denied care for current seniors.” And he framed his case for reform in terms of family values -— in terms of his own obligation to protect Medicare as it is today for his mother, and to reform it in his generation so that his children will benefit from a social safety net and a debt-free nation…

Ryan explained that “in order to make sure we can guarantee that promise for my mom’s generation for those baby boomers retiring every day, we must reform it for my generation. To save it for this generation, you have to reform it for my generation, so it doesn’t go bankrupt when we want to retire.”…

And what did “Boston”—i.e., Romney headquarters—think of the event? One source said, “‘Boston’ was nervous early this morning. They watched it on TV. At first they were relieved. Then they were excited.”

***

That’s the genius of Romney’s vice-presidential pick: It explicitly invites Americans to “do the right thing.” Insofar as he’s known to the electorate at all, Paul Ryan is the man with the plan — the guy who understands that multi-trillion-dollar spendaholic government cannot continue. On that subject, Obama is the man with no plan, and no plans to get any plan. Yet the mere selection of Ryan has already improved the quality of the Obama campaign: Two weeks ago, they were denouncing Romney for killing a woman by cunningly giving her cancer five years after laying off her husband. Now they’re denouncing Ryan for killing off Medicare. The former is the opening scene from the straight-to-video Carcinogenic Zombie Mormon Venture Capitalist Apocalypse; the latter has a very very teensy-weensy gossamer thread of connection to the issues facing the United States. So we should congratulate the Democrats on a modest re-acquaintance with reality. With Ryan on the ticket, the central question facing America can’t be ducked…

For the record, Obama has already made $716 billion in Medicare cuts to pay for Obamacare. That’s three-quarters of a trillion. The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, was in Ottawa last week asking Her Majesty’s Canadian Government to chip in for the euro-zone bailout. The euro zone includes some of the richest nations in history, but it’s still not enough. And the entire euro-zone bailout is $450 billion — or a little over half the cost of the first Obama stimulus. Under Obama’s no-plan plan, there’s not enough money on the planet.

***

Republican strategists believe that there is really only one way to win the Medicare message wars: mount a bruising offense and attack Democrats for their own actions surrounding the popular federal health care program for senior citizens…

“It caught the Democrats a little off-guard that the fight’s being taken to them on an issue that they thought they’d just play defense on,” Stutzman said. “I just think this thing is really smart on a lot of levels that are not being appreciated: bringing up the issue now because it’s going to be brought up anyway, litigate it and win it now or at least fight it to a draw — which I’m absolutely convinced they can do — and that returns the October debate to jobs and the economy and now you’re back to a referendum on the incumbent.”…

Ultimately, though, the endgame for the Romney team on Medicare is to use the issue to move the discussion back to jobs and the economy, which is where the campaign wants the focus to be heading into Election Day. That isn’t an argument, however, that fits neatly into a soudbite.

“Romney can win this argument, but not until he finds a way to shift it back to the economy,” said Dan Schnur, director of the Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics at the University of Southern California and a veteran GOP strategist. “There are connectors between Medicare and deficits and economic growth.”

***

If the past week has been any indication, the Democrats are not well prepared to deal with this strategy. I doubt they wanted to spend a week explaining why and how they cut Medicare for current seniors while still failing to avert the program’s future collapse. They’re still struggling to explain that, and with their first few excuses — we didn’t do it, Ryan did it too, they’re not real cuts, and seniors don’t really need those benefits we cut — mostly fallen by the wayside in a matter of days, they have turned to abject double counting, insisting that even though they spent the money elsewhere (on Obamacare), their Medicare cuts nonetheless increase the future solvency of the Medicare program…

The longer they flail, the less likely the Democrats are to be able to effectively bring up Medicare themselves in this election season, and the more likely Romney is to keep voters focused on the economy in the fall—and therefore focused on what they like least about the incumbent president. It’s easy to see what Romney will be running on in September and October. But what will Obama be running on?

***

“Like a lot of Americans, when I think about Medicare, it’s not just a program,” Ryan told the mostly-elderly crowd at The Villages, a central Florida retirement community that is billed as the world’s largest. “It’s what my mom relies on. It’s what my grandma had.”…

“Medicare was there for our family, for my grandma, when we needed it then, and Medicare is there for my mom while she needs that now, and we need to keep that guaranteed,” the 42-year-old House Budget Committee chairman said, describing the experience of being one of the primary caregivers for his grandmother, who suffered from advanced Alzheimer’s.

***

Obama expressed some artificial bemusement that the GOP ticket has focused on in recent days on Medicare, with Romney using a whiteboard as a prop Friday in South Carolina and Ryan stumping Saturday with his mother in The Villages retirement community in Florida.

“You’d think they’d avoid talking about Medicare, given the fact that both of them have proposed to voucherize the Medicare system,” Obama said. I guess they figured the best defense is playing on offense.”…

“Their plan would put Medicare on track to be ended as we know it,” he said. “It would be an entirely different plan. It would be a plan in which you could not count on health care because it would have to come out of your pocket. That’s the real difference between our plans on Medicare. That’s the choice in this election and that’s why I’m running for a second term as president.”

Click the image to watch.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Please give us credible proof the Swifties were “lying”.

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Who do you think you’re talking to? A Kerry voting liberal?

Did you forget that guy? He was on TV. If TV said it was true, it must be.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

How cute is this picture?

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

gophergirl:That is just great,a little younger than my
youngest grandson,she is a cutey(pictured):)

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

LOL! “Poaching” was a joke when I was talking to Spark. I thought you were aware of it. Its not worth going into, now, trust me.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

How cute is this picture?

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Ha. It’s a little Uncle Fester baby! So adorable.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Lanceman is a pro-aborto Rethuglican

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Cool I can forevermore ignore your comments!

tom daschle concerned on August 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I concur..but cons are the first ones to scream about those babies on welfare, in the system and on every entitlement program. It aint only black either. I aint picking a fight..just stating my opinion. I once worked in the system..made me sick.

And now I shall endure the wrath here. J MO..have at it.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

If I ever post my address you get’em here quick. I promise to do the same.

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

THANKS, Flatfoot! So glad to hear that KWR is fine. You, Lanceman, and Pambi are great! :)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

…a Hot Air +100

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

If I ever post my address you get’em here quick. I promise to do the same.

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Roger that…

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Cool I can forevermore ignore your comments!

tom daschle concerned on August 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

You will never catch me defending nor admonishing pro-abortos. Not pro-choicers.

Pro-’choicers’ generally oppose my right and ‘choice’ to own and carry firearms.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Unborn Black babies being murdered every week in this country and we conservatives…who stand up for the lives of the unborn…are considered the crazy ones?

OMG.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Add to that the destruction of the family and the black family in particular you gotta wonder what kind of nutjob would think that the liberals are doing what is right for man and especially blacks.

Also, look at the unemployment rate of blacks and more closely at the rate for young black Americans. Obama’s failing them yet losers like Libfree just sit back collecting their checks.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Time Is On My Side

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Either Sarah Palin runs third-party, or we are doomed.

Rusty Allen on August 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Oh that is weak. LOL. You don’t even know who Ms. Palin is or what she believes, do you?
Hey? How did Sarah play Biden and Obama like a fiddle this week or what? That was sweet.

pat on August 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

If I ever post my address you get’em here quick. I promise to do the same.

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Roger that…

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Obviously it was the all caps thing that did it.

Except for APACHEWHOKNOWS, nobody here yells every word.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I think that tune suits the new GOP campaign!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Hey Lance at least in Libfree’s world where the support of killing unborn humans makes you human. Congrats!

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I trust you..as far as spark is concerned. lol no further expo needed.
:) No, just saw resist me slapping some dude about “poaching” now you said it. I love poached eggs..you all got me in the mood for breakfast..no kidding. lol Some eggs benedict..

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

pat on August 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Regardless…she runs and were done.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yeah, but she’s an obama/’rat lover.

I can’t abide that.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Ha. It’s a little Uncle Fester baby! So adorable.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

FlatFoot:Lol:)

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

And now I shall endure the wrath here. J MO..have at it.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Not me. I don’t scream about “those babies” being on welfare, in the system and on every entitlement program. If anything, I feel such sorrow for the mothers and their children who have been abandoned by the men/fathers because the liberal system has totally betrayed them all.

There is no longer any sense of morality or right from wrong. It’s what the liberal agenda has foisted upon these young men and women.

Society, as a whole, is now paying the price, regardless of one’s skin color.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I Won’t Back Down

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Obama loses Florida if 10% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

I’ve said Obama loses Florida all year.

Obama loses Ohio if 11% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

Genuine toss-up

Obama loses Viriginia if 13% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

And this is one of the states where I feel Romney loses the election. Obama is pretty darn popular here.

Obama loses North Carolina if 7% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

Never was a swing state.

Obama loses Indiana if 3% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

Never was a swing state.

Obama loses Colorado if 13% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

This is also where Romney loses the election.

Obama loses Iowa if 10% of of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

Hasn’t been polled enough. But the state has been magic for Obama historically.

Obama loses New Hampshire if 13% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Wisconsin if 17% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Minnesota if 15% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Nevada if 22% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Pennsylavania if 23% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Michigan if 23% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

mnjg on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

No way any of that happens.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Just called the Hillsborough fuzz.

KWR is fine.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Key West Reader Update:

I did another callback to the Sheriff’s in Florida. I played the ‘professional courtesy card’. It kind’a worked.

The Sheriff Dispatcher chilled out a little bit and told me that ‘SHE’ (Key West Reader / KWR)is ‘fine’ and that the Deputies have cleared the scene — and are back in service 10-8.

All is well now, apparently.
Thank goodness.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

You guys rock.
Had this happen around 15 yrs ago with a friend in NJ.
Long story, but she was slurring and fading out on me ( not a drinker). IFinally she was not talking Thank God for my second phone line. Called 911 here in Fl. and somehow they patched me through to NJ State Police. They were at the house in 10 min.
Even then they couldn’t tell me anything, but found out later that she had OD’ed on pills. Blessall thse people! And thank u 2

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Taking off. Going to watch Hunger Games on-demand with my son and his girlfriend — and mack down some kettle corn and lemonade! You folks have a great night.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Oh, B9! Eggs Benedict! Now I’m thinking breakfast, too!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Update from NH…O’bama was in Rochester NH this afternoon. This morning, the Democrat Press was shamelessly hyping this as a real big thing, because Rochester is just a few miles down the road from Mitt’s place on the Big Lake.

The raw video from the fawning coverage indicates that he spent an inordinate amount of time on two things.

“Outsourcing!”

and

“I Got bin Laden!!!”

Don’t believe me?

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I have to agree with libdieorfree on her last post.

The key to that last list will be turnout amongst ‘rats.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

…a Hot Air +100

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I will remind anyone of this scenario if they ever complain about chit chatting again.

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Goodnight, Flatfoot! Thanks, again! :)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I think you, me and KWR live in an equidistant triangle

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Enjoy ! You’re agood man, Charlie Brown ! ;-)

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

FlatFoot, you and a couple more folks did a good thing here tonight.

Thanks.

BacaDog on August 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Obviously it was the all caps thing that did it.

Except for APACHEWHOKNOWS, nobody here yells every word.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM

???

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

What the heII is up with KWR, I just got in, please inform me as to what is up.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

The Waiting…For the debates!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

It’s easier if you just checkout the ethanol thread.

BacaDog on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

ALL CAPS LIKE SMOKE SIGNAL.

hey, I’m more than 1/32 Cherokee, so I can poke fun.

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

If I ever post my address you get’em here quick. I promise to do the same.

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

2725 Old Bat Lane
Geezerville, Fl.
But only if you are early 20′s and hung lik…. never mind.

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Our Thanks, and Pambi too.

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

No way any of that happens.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I predict history to repeat itself…

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

FlatFoot:

Thanks for the reminder,yup,Aug 18th release.

Again,thank-you for your service,and especially tonight,
I appreciate what you have done,for KWR,have a “A Great
Night”:)

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Let me re-phrase..many.
But I just broke my rule..I dont get into the A debate.

I see your heart. But it is a cycle. The mothers play a part to..they make choices. They rely on a “system” as you pointed out. Problem #1. They foist it..they accept? Choice..not forced. meanwhile..I had about 8 friends in HS..all white..middle class girls who had one. No foisting.
Last time I checked..minorities are having more babies then anyone else..which is it? Guess both.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

mnjg on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Wouldn’t the percentage of white Obama voters in each of these states who need to “switch” be reduced if black voters do not turn out in record numbers in 2012?

DrStock on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

It’s easier if you just checkout the ethanol thread.

BacaDog on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I didn’t think to check back there..

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Um, you are hardly what I would consider old.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Hey, B! If you go to the ethanol thread at about 8:54 and start reading you’ll get the story.

Short: KWR posted asking for help with her address. Pambi, Lanceman, and Flatfoot called 911 and did follow up with the police.

She FINE.

Much relieved here.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Midnight in a perfect world.
Saw shadow in 1997 in STL, his mixer took a crap at the onset of his show. He proceeded to rock the club for the next two hours…

Latyrx opened.

tom daschle concerned on August 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

But only if you are early 20′s and hung lik…. never mind.

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Enjoy ! You’re agood man, Charlie Brown ! ;-)

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

pambi:

Can’t leave you out either,so,

Thank-You:)

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Wouldn’t the percentage of white Obama voters in each of these states who need to “switch” be reduced if black ‘rat voters depressed that their messiah was not as he was billed, do not turn out in record numbers in 2012?

DrStock on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Good’n, dearie !!

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

“Outsourcing!”

and

“I Got bin Laden!!!”

Don’t believe me?

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Because we’re all nothing more than a bunch of dummies:

Too Funny: Obama Spokeswoman Says Campaign Is Intentionally Limiting Crowd Sizes At Obama And Biden Events…

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I think you, me and KWR live in an equidistant triangle

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Hmm. Think u are right.

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Thanks Jackie, I had just stepped up to the machine, that thread was open from earlier. When I refreshed I saw KWR comments. Freaked me out. I’ll catch up by reading all these damn threads.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

“Outsourcing!”

and

“I Got bin Laden!!!”

Don’t believe me?

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

If Romney takes FL,NC,VA,& OH, winning NH gets him to 270 & victory!

22044 on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

*snort*

Yeah that’s it – they are choosing to have smaller crowds than Romney/Ryan.

You posted a funny joke :)

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Oh, B9! Eggs Benedict! Now I’m thinking breakfast, too!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

My fave…and in Fl we also have Crab Benedict..kill me now.
Throw a bloody mary on the side and I am in heaven.
Damn people always make me hungry here. :)
We had a grits thread once..from Mitt..I swear everyone ran out on made some. lol

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Obama… The Man Who Sold The World

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Because we’re all nothing more than a bunch of dummies:

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Wow, that’s some spin!

22044 on August 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

2725 Old Bat Lane
Geezerville, Fl.
But only if you are early 20′s and hung lik…. never mind.

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Spit my drink.
Been a while..nice to “see u” feisty as ever.

HA..told ya..Fl girls got ya beat.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Oh, man. Crab Benedict. Now I’m thinking lobster salad and champagne!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM

hey, I’m more than 1/32 Cherokee, so I can poke fun.

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Are you related to Elizabeth Warren? /

TxAnn56 on August 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Let me re-phrase..many.
But I just broke my rule..I dont get into the A debate.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Good points. I probably shouldn’t have used the word “foisted.” Bad choice on my part. Mea culpa. But you got my point.

It is a cycle. A vicious one at that. The entire situation breaks my heart. If I weren’t a senior with health problems, I’d gladly adopt a little one, regardless of color, to spare its life.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

My pleasure, B!I know it was a shocker and very worrisome for you, too.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Check the ‘Court rejects’ thread @ 8:54 .. We all flipped out .. Not like KWR, and knew a lot of her recent trials.
Tried our best to gitterdun !!

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Guys/Gals this is a great speech and facts by Ryan,
and I encourage anyone to watch it!
_____________________________________

FULL SPEECH: Paul Ryan talks about Medicare at the Villages
August 18 2012
**************

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Thx Jackie, I was confused.
Glad people helped here.

Some of us my yell and scream and fight with each other..but its good to see people give a damn.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Just now Saw that Bmore got info .. Gots me some slow lappy refresh time. ;-)

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

You Got To Give It To Me

Just because…

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

2. There’s a reason why both Hillary and Obama were supremely popular in 2008 and why either one could’ve won that election. They had a powerful message that the American healthcare system was broken. That’s before the passage of Obamacare. The polling on the issue from about 2006 to the moment the bill was passed was that the American healthcare system needed fundamental reform. Both sides agreed with that. So to act like Barack Obama invented the challenges health consumers face today is either massively stupid or dishonest.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Yeah, the public was crying so loudly for healthcare reform that when Hillary pushed it in 1993 with Bill’s full approval, the public handed Congress over to the Republicans at the earliest available opportunity.

It was so popular that when Obama proposed it, the country rose up in protest. It was so popular that it barely squeaked through the House with 100% Republican opposition, and only made it through the Senate by pretending it was a revenue bill that the filibuster did not apply to. It’s so popular now that even the guy who passed a state version of it is swearing he will repeal Obamacare if elected.

This is not one of your better arguments.

didymus on August 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

44 with a beergut, Katy. More mature ladies do indeed clutch thier cell phones when they see me. The hot ones, anyways. They never call though.

Maybe I need pd90x?

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Guys/Gals this is a great speech and facts by Ryan,
and I encourage anyone to watch it! canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Agree canop, it was really good and I detected his voice cracked just a smidgeon when he was talking about how his mom went back to school etc.

How come I never noticed what great arms Paul Ryan had? Makes me wanna be a cougar.

TxAnn56 on August 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Screw it. I’m goin’ to law school.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

No way any of that happens.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

You should not dimiss this at all. A Rasmussen poll released this week showed that Obama is at only 35% support among White Voters which is down from the 43% support among White Voters in 2008. This is a decrease of 18% support among White Voters from 2008. If this holds until elections day then Obama is certain to lose the elections… Based on my previous post you can easily count the states that Obama would lose if he loses 18% of the White voters who voted for him in 2008…

mnjg on August 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

This is not one of your better arguments.

didymus on August 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Excellent smack down.

May I add one more?

“We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it.”

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

You know..thank you..I usually dont say my opinion on the subject. Thx for an honest discussion. Wish we had more of that.
I think we had a short discussion a month ago or so..now I cant remember exactly! We laughed about something… Your classy. I will remember.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Tried our best to gitterdun !!

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Y’all did real good. I’m proud to know all of the good folks here. Some very caring and decent people here. Thank you! I worry.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

If anyone knows about Manny Ramirez…this is interesting.

22044 on August 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

My fave…and in Fl we also have Crab Benedict..kill me now.
Throw a bloody mary on the side and I am in heaven.
Damn people always make me hungry here. :)

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Uhhh huhhhh!
Don’t know how you make it, but try putting a little horseradish in the hollandaise sauce. Awesome.

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Serve You Right

For all of our progressive friends out there!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Believe you’re right. I do recall we had an earlier discussion, laughing about something, but like you I can’t remember the details. (My excuse is that I’m getting older! lol)

TY for your kind words. Appreciate them so much.

Cheers!

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Maybe I need pd90x?

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Guess you won’t hear the ladies say this. I won’t either, by the way…

22044 on August 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

DrStock on August 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Yes sir you are right… My prediction model is conservative and cautious as I assumed that in 2012 it would be the same percentage of participation of each RACE as it was in 2008 elections. Also I assumed in my model that Obama would receive the same percentage of Black votes and Hispanic votes as he received in 2008.

mnjg on August 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Ditto.
Glad to hear KWR is ok. Hope she has someone to stay with her.

redridinghood on August 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I make it..but prefer to be served. :)

We do some Fl Lobster ones to..well mom does. :) Fl lobster benedict.
Dads in the Bahamas now getting lobster and conch. :)

mmmm..a little horsey may do the trick. A kick. I shall experiment.
I like dill..so my throw on the dase.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Guys/Gals this is a great speech and facts by Ryan,
and I encourage anyone to watch it! canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

TxAnn56 on August 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

TxAnn56:

Boy is he speaking clearly(real articulation),and Lol,
*cougar*,hey as the saying goes,I’m not dead yet,haha!:)
_______________________________________________________

Revealed at last: The picture of shirtless Paul Ryan that proves Romney’s running mate really IS an action man
PUBLISHED: 18:47 GMT, 17 August 2012
UPDATED: 11:05 GMT, 18 August 2012
***********************************

*Paul Ryan pictured looking unusually athletic for a politician while on holiday in Oklahoma with his wife Janna

*The fitness fanatic is devoted to the P90X workout which keeps his body fat to less than eight-percent

*Online searches for the vice-presidential nominee in the six days since he was selected by Mitt Romney focused on ‘Paul Ryan

*Shirtless’ *Commentators have said his fit and lean look is usually expected from Democratic candidates and is not common in Republican nominees
====================

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189956/Paul-Ryan–The-shirtless-picture-proves-Romneys-running-mate-really-IS-action-man.html#ixzz23xVWYQA5

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Newest explanation for dismal Obama rallies:
Obama camp – We are intentionally limiting crowd size at rallies

It couldn’t be his record in office. It sounds more like Pee Wee Herman – I meant to do that.

scrubjay on August 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Libfreeoerdie

Come on back good buddy…

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Maybe I need pd90x?
wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM What is that> Last flserious fling was the beer belly type. More to love. They should call.

katy the mean old lady on August 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

If anyone knows about Manny Ramirez…this is interesting.

22044 on August 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

CK hit it out of the park.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM

We did and now its bugging me. No thank you..I expected to be skewered. Your heart shined through. We are forever pals. :) There are a few Granny handles..I get confused..like we have 4000 Tx mothers.. LOL.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Hubby just came home, so ‘nite all. Thnx to everyone who jumped in for KWR.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Maybe I need pd90x?

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

wolly4321:Lol,I do hope that (44)isn’t your waist size,
————-:)

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Newest explanation for dismal Obama rallies:
Obama camp – We are intentionally limiting crowd size at rallies

scrubjay on August 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

When they spin it with “it’s just more selective”, I will laaaaaugh out loud.

JeffWeimer on August 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

What the???

KCB on August 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Night Granny, bless you.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Forever pals.

You got it, my friend.

Gotta go.

Blessings to you and yours.

GrannyDee