Quotes of the day

posted at 9:16 pm on August 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

On the campaign trail this week, Ryan’s discussion of Medicare has focused on President Obama’s taking $716 billion from Medicare to pay for Obamacare, along with brief reassurances that he and Mitt Romney will protect the program. But in Florida today, Ryan put Medicare front and center. He both stepped up his attacks on Obamacare’s plan to change Medicare for current seniors and made a positive case for reforming the program for Americans under the age of 55. Ryan warned that Obamacare installed a board of bureaucrats that will “cut Medicare in ways that will lead to denied care for current seniors.” And he framed his case for reform in terms of family values -— in terms of his own obligation to protect Medicare as it is today for his mother, and to reform it in his generation so that his children will benefit from a social safety net and a debt-free nation…

Ryan explained that “in order to make sure we can guarantee that promise for my mom’s generation for those baby boomers retiring every day, we must reform it for my generation. To save it for this generation, you have to reform it for my generation, so it doesn’t go bankrupt when we want to retire.”…

And what did “Boston”—i.e., Romney headquarters—think of the event? One source said, “‘Boston’ was nervous early this morning. They watched it on TV. At first they were relieved. Then they were excited.”

***

That’s the genius of Romney’s vice-presidential pick: It explicitly invites Americans to “do the right thing.” Insofar as he’s known to the electorate at all, Paul Ryan is the man with the plan — the guy who understands that multi-trillion-dollar spendaholic government cannot continue. On that subject, Obama is the man with no plan, and no plans to get any plan. Yet the mere selection of Ryan has already improved the quality of the Obama campaign: Two weeks ago, they were denouncing Romney for killing a woman by cunningly giving her cancer five years after laying off her husband. Now they’re denouncing Ryan for killing off Medicare. The former is the opening scene from the straight-to-video Carcinogenic Zombie Mormon Venture Capitalist Apocalypse; the latter has a very very teensy-weensy gossamer thread of connection to the issues facing the United States. So we should congratulate the Democrats on a modest re-acquaintance with reality. With Ryan on the ticket, the central question facing America can’t be ducked…

For the record, Obama has already made $716 billion in Medicare cuts to pay for Obamacare. That’s three-quarters of a trillion. The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, was in Ottawa last week asking Her Majesty’s Canadian Government to chip in for the euro-zone bailout. The euro zone includes some of the richest nations in history, but it’s still not enough. And the entire euro-zone bailout is $450 billion — or a little over half the cost of the first Obama stimulus. Under Obama’s no-plan plan, there’s not enough money on the planet.

***

Republican strategists believe that there is really only one way to win the Medicare message wars: mount a bruising offense and attack Democrats for their own actions surrounding the popular federal health care program for senior citizens…

“It caught the Democrats a little off-guard that the fight’s being taken to them on an issue that they thought they’d just play defense on,” Stutzman said. “I just think this thing is really smart on a lot of levels that are not being appreciated: bringing up the issue now because it’s going to be brought up anyway, litigate it and win it now or at least fight it to a draw — which I’m absolutely convinced they can do — and that returns the October debate to jobs and the economy and now you’re back to a referendum on the incumbent.”…

Ultimately, though, the endgame for the Romney team on Medicare is to use the issue to move the discussion back to jobs and the economy, which is where the campaign wants the focus to be heading into Election Day. That isn’t an argument, however, that fits neatly into a soudbite.

“Romney can win this argument, but not until he finds a way to shift it back to the economy,” said Dan Schnur, director of the Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics at the University of Southern California and a veteran GOP strategist. “There are connectors between Medicare and deficits and economic growth.”

***

If the past week has been any indication, the Democrats are not well prepared to deal with this strategy. I doubt they wanted to spend a week explaining why and how they cut Medicare for current seniors while still failing to avert the program’s future collapse. They’re still struggling to explain that, and with their first few excuses — we didn’t do it, Ryan did it too, they’re not real cuts, and seniors don’t really need those benefits we cut — mostly fallen by the wayside in a matter of days, they have turned to abject double counting, insisting that even though they spent the money elsewhere (on Obamacare), their Medicare cuts nonetheless increase the future solvency of the Medicare program…

The longer they flail, the less likely the Democrats are to be able to effectively bring up Medicare themselves in this election season, and the more likely Romney is to keep voters focused on the economy in the fall—and therefore focused on what they like least about the incumbent president. It’s easy to see what Romney will be running on in September and October. But what will Obama be running on?

***

“Like a lot of Americans, when I think about Medicare, it’s not just a program,” Ryan told the mostly-elderly crowd at The Villages, a central Florida retirement community that is billed as the world’s largest. “It’s what my mom relies on. It’s what my grandma had.”…

“Medicare was there for our family, for my grandma, when we needed it then, and Medicare is there for my mom while she needs that now, and we need to keep that guaranteed,” the 42-year-old House Budget Committee chairman said, describing the experience of being one of the primary caregivers for his grandmother, who suffered from advanced Alzheimer’s.

***

Obama expressed some artificial bemusement that the GOP ticket has focused on in recent days on Medicare, with Romney using a whiteboard as a prop Friday in South Carolina and Ryan stumping Saturday with his mother in The Villages retirement community in Florida.

“You’d think they’d avoid talking about Medicare, given the fact that both of them have proposed to voucherize the Medicare system,” Obama said. I guess they figured the best defense is playing on offense.”…

“Their plan would put Medicare on track to be ended as we know it,” he said. “It would be an entirely different plan. It would be a plan in which you could not count on health care because it would have to come out of your pocket. That’s the real difference between our plans on Medicare. That’s the choice in this election and that’s why I’m running for a second term as president.”

Click the image to watch.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

Answer with…
What if Bush did what Obama has done?

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM

We would hear about this supposed anti-American Imperialism but we haven’t . Strange eh?

Libfree why have you stood by as 6000 human beings are terminated almost daily in this country?

Is that how you define human???

You wonder why you make me puke? You’re a joke.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Thanks, Pambi! I’ll be checking for those updates. I really appreciate your swift action on behalf of KWR.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

You got the wrong person, I’m not the notorious crr6.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Heh. Sure you ain’t.
Two separate people, both with the same personality, both capable of snatches of reality now and then. Uh huh.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Oh. Yay.

Liefreeordie is here to crap all over the overnight open thread — again.

*sigh*

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Thanks, I’m glad you liked whatever it was that I posted! What was the issue that I posted on that caught your eye?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I will later..to early. :) saved it. Impressed..not often. Use your points wisely. lol

My handle is hetero..so outside here..you can have the spark. LOL the pool is yours. I’ll sit and jam on the side with a beverage. :)

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Either Sarah Palin runs third-party, or we are doomed.

Rusty Allen on August 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

hey hex!…your hexagonal wrench is rusty and round…so… you are doomed!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Is that how you define human???

You wonder why you make me puke? You’re a joke.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Bravo, CW.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I can not understand how K$sha is a star and this band is still “underground.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRFHiBW9RE8

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Well, a good reason to change me handle. I like being called B9. Its the new craze..try it.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM

You do that and I’m likely to think of “Danger, Will Robinson!”

- unnamed robot from Lost in Space, model # B9

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Libfree….you seemed obsessed with race issues at times. It seems the slaughter of nearly half of black unborn babies brings NO objection by YOU.

How gross is that?

Really truly sickening. How dare you argue what is human.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

nah..crr6 was much better.
I would take Ann back and her meatloaf recipes.
They must have pulled the bottom of the gutter for the latest trolls..the ones with a clue even said..moving on homies.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Yeah, a white girl with zero ‘dialect’ rapping. I gotta laugh at that.

Still, I find myself listening if she’s on the radio.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

. I’ll sit and jam on the side with a beverage. :)

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

…can I be the beverage boy?! (*grins* at Lansenan)

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

How gross is that?

Really truly sickening. How dare you argue what is human.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Excellent question, CW.

Wait. What’s that I hear from Libbie? Oh yeah…crickets chirping.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Anybody got an sit rep on KWR? Just joined in, worried sh!tless. God Bless her.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Down with imperialism up with wholesale slaughter of MILLIONS upon MILLIONS!!!

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Anybody got an sit rep on KWR? Just joined in, worried sh!tless. God Bless her.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I will give the Tampa fuzz a ringy-dingy in about 15 mins.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Excellent question, CW.

Wait. What’s that I hear from Libbie? Oh yeah…crickets chirping.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

That one is so bought it is just not funny.

The left cries about some justifiable issues but for the most part they are just hypocrites. They keep their mouths shut and hide the truth so they can win elections.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

BAM!

keep going for the jugular boys….

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Libfree is just so worried about society that as we strive to reach 50 percent of babies being born out of wedlock and 70 percent of black babies he just sits their quietly talking about Amy Winehouse. Sheesh.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM

My 401K likes obama

-libdieorfree/crr6

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

But what will Obama be running on?

he’s so darn likeable
-lsm

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

crickets chirping.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hey libfree how many dead unborn black babies is enough? How about any unborn humans?

Tell us Mr. Oh so human.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Wait. What’s that I hear from Libbie? Oh yeah…crickets chirping.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

crickets are still chirping….

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Anybody got an sit rep on KWR? Just joined in, worried sh!tless. God Bless her.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM

…. Here ya go .. wish I had more .. And more TIME ! Arrrggh.

RE: KWR
I’d reached her local sheriff’s office, as did FlatFoot.
They are on their way to check on her, and FF says he’s been told to call back in an hour .. Maybe 30 mins, yet to go.
I may not be back into HA after my dying battery, so look for FlatFoot updates.
Prayers, for sure.

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM

That one is so bought it is just not funny.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Abortion = the wholesale slaughter of the innocent and the original death panels.

But the libs will never admit it. They can’t. All they can shout is “it’s a woman’s right.”

They’re sick, twisted people with no souls.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM

This reflects as much of Barry’s core as “you did not build that” and ” shared prosperity”.

Things would only be counted on if it is free or had come out of other people’s pocket? You cannot count on your house because payments on it come out of your pocket?

bayview on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

My 401K likes obama

-libdieorfree/crr6

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I do believe they are two separate people but it is really strange how CRR (who was not banned) just disappeared. As addicted as she was to this site it is truly worrisome. As far as libfree goes. He is a male…though not really a man nor a human. A man stands up for the innocents.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Well,there seems to be a GlitcheRoo with CSPAN,so,Boink it,
instead,from RightScoop!
________________________

FULL SPEECH: Paul Ryan talks about Medicare at the Villages
The Right Scoop on August 18th,2012
*************************************

Paul Ryan hosted a campaign rally with his mother this morning that focused on Medicare. I’ve posted both the full rally (bottom) and a shorter segment on just the Medicare portion of the rally (top).

Watch below:

VIDEO:(7:04)
VIDEO(22:00)
============

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Yes. I expect I should clarify, as well.

I like men who are all man, I don’t share, and never poach.

LOL! I sort of envisioned hanging out alone, playing a few tunes, and leaving the pool to you and Spark. Besides, as you know, I’ve already got my own pool.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

he’s so darn likeable
-lsm

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Likability not guaranteed unless you purchase the accessory…….

TOTUS

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Thanks for what you’re doing. We all love her.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Obama has horrible messaging on healthcare. Just terrible.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Whenever Leftist Ideas Fail, their advocates never admit that their product is Pure Crap, they simply blame the people trying to peddle it as such.

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Chirp.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thanks for what you’re doing. We all love her.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I concur..

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I guess because I’m a sociopath who wants to see all life terminated on earth or something.

I know what you need, some Ruth Brown will help you be a little less cranky.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I just got off the phone with the Sheriff’s.

They’re still at the house. So — it’s safe to assume that something must be going on since they’ve been there for awhile. But they are there on scene. The dispatcher can’t give any details though. He said, “They’re [Deputies] still trying to figure out what happened exactly.”

That’s it. He couldn’t say if she was fine or not :/

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Re-post from prior thread.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

indeed :)

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

(*grins* at Lansenan Lanceman)

note to self…sh!t…when you’re drinking…make sure you preview!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Obama has horrible messaging on healthcare. Just terrible.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Pelosi: We need to pass ObamaCare so that the public can find out what’s in the bill

Considering they themselves did not even know what they passed I can see how getting out the message would be oh so hard.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I know what you need, some Ruth Brown will help you be a little less cranky.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

libfreeordie

Does more need to be said?

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

sorry i’m late to the party…what’s up with KWR?

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Thanks, and I know you’re having some hardware issues right now. We gotta know what’s happening. KWR is so special to all of us. I’m praying on my knees for that woman.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I know what you need, some Ruth Brown will help you be a little less cranky.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Your non-answer is pretty much as expected.

You just keep exposing the hypocritical mess you are .

Thank you.

Regards,

CW

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I do believe they are two separate people

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Obama has horrible messaging on healthcare. Just terrible.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM

No way. Snatches of reality. EXACTLY like the cur-dog.

I read every comment in that thread from yesterday. It’s the cur-for-sure.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Queen of the strawman.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Is there any point in calling back later? Do you think they would be more forthcoming with information after they leave the house? We’d just like to know if she’s alright.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM

note to self…sh!t…when you’re drinking…make sure you preview!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Um, I got it. We ain’t D KOZ retards here.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Thnx for the update and following through.

Do you know if KWR lives alone or has family in the area? It’s a horrible thing to be ill and no one around to help.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM

sorry i’m late to the party…what’s up with KWR?

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

A strange call out for help on the ethanol thread..

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Can someone answer me a question? As i peruse today’s headlines, I really need someone to explain to me just how we reached the point in our history when a major party presidential candidate appears to be basing his entire campaign around the idea that his opposing candidate is very wealthy and is paying as little taxes as possible.

I think I’m going to lose my mind before November. That’s Zero’s whole campaign, in a nutshell. OK, he can do what he likes, but millions of Americans think that’s a winning message? Since when did we hate the rich? I know I’m starting to sound a bit naive here, but this is not the America that I imagined I was living in.

Xasprtr on August 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan must be the only two people in the country who read the entire Obamacare bill. The punchline is: they discovered that Obama cut billions from Medicare and gave them all the ammunition they need to take him out. LoL

bitsy on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Best to go to the ethanol thread and read from about 8:54 on. We’re all hoping for the best.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Just called the Hillsborough fuzz.

KWR is fine.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Just called the Hillsborough fuzz.

KWR is fine.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

THANK GOD!

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

lol..you havent got the B9 memo or read correctly.

I have a pool as well..my little $ pit. I prefer the ocean.

Whats up with the word poaching here? I love poached eggs..I am gonna make some soon for BF after all this talk.

Resist me, got me in the mood. eggs, bacon and a biscuit..yeah doggie.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

KWR is fine.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Great…

Then I expect her to say hi…

When she can….

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I know what you need, some Ruth Brown will help you be a little less cranky.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

You give that answer known nearly half of all unborn African American children have their lives terminated? Really? Is that how you show you are human? If that is human I guess I am not.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Frankly, I am amazed that the media isn’t pulling a 2004 and allowing these lies to go un-challenged.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Swift Boat Lies?

Good luck with that. Prove they were lying.

f-

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM
thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

thanks…

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Key West Reader Update:

I did another callback to the Sheriff’s in Florida. I played the ‘professional courtesy card’. It kind’a worked.

The Sheriff Dispatcher chilled out a little bit and told me that ‘SHE’ (Key West Reader / KWR)is ‘fine’ and that the Deputies have cleared the scene — and are back in service 10-8.

All is well now, apparently.

Thank goodness.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Good luck with that. Prove they were lying.

f-

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Uh, one guy whose life was ostensibly ‘saved’ by John F’ing Kerry said they were lying.

So that’s that.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Two and a half minutes of heaven.

peggybundy on August 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM

“Oh, Alllll!!!!”

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Queen of the strawman.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Got that right, CW.

Quick! Look over there———> it’s a squirrel.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

THANKS FOR THAT, LANCEMAN! What great news! Such a relief! :)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Thank goodness.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Amen and thanks for the update.

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

There you go CW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPll4sQDssU

Now if you can get through that without a smile, well there really is no hope for you.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Thank goodness.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thank goodness!

Now to the difficult bidniss of WTF was that all about?

tom daschle concerned on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Swift Boat Lies?

Good luck with that. Prove they were lying.

f-

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Oh geez. Libfree is truly hilarious.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Prayers to KWR to be sure.

But you guys that acted,, you deserve them, too. What you did may make all the difference in the world. No matter what, you acted.

So,, newfound respect. Or at least to a higher degree. Much higher.

wolly4321 on August 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

THANKS FOR THAT, LANCEMAN! What great news! Such a relief! :)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

We took too long to react. 20+ mins. If it had been serious…

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

“Oh, Alllll!!!!”

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Married with Liberals..

I loved the show…

Seriously….

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

THANKS, Flatfoot! So glad to hear that KWR is fine. You, Lanceman, and Pambi are great! :)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Just called the Hillsborough fuzz.

KWR is fine.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Lancemen:)
===========

Hillsborough County Florida – Live Audio

MAJOR ACCIDENT
08/13/12 11:16 (BRANDON – ) FHP ON SCENE VEHICLE INTO WATER, DIVE TEAM RECOVERED FEMALE, CPR IN PROGRESS [FLA343]
1 ALARM FIRE
08/13/12 03:44 (TAMPA – DELAYED) TFD HANDLED A WORKING STRUCTURE FIRE, LINE STRETCHED & OPERATING, NOW UNDER CONTROL, FL STATE FIRE MARSHALL ON SCENE [FLA077]
HAZMAT
08/07/12 09:53 (SEFFNER – ) HCFR INCIDENT COMMAND REQUEST BOMB SQUAD FOR POSSIBLE PIPE BOMB FOUND INSIDE MOBILE HOME, AREA ISOLATED NO INJURY [OHI015]
TRAFFIC ADVISORY
08/05/12 02:22 (VALRICO – TAC 1) HCFR ON SCENE MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT WITH HEAVY DAMAGE UNKNOWN EXTENT OF INJURY ALL WEST-BOUND LANES ON SR-60 CLOSED AT THIS TIME [FLA254]

Incidents delayed up to 2 hours. Details here.

Hillsborough County Sheriff Live Audio Feed

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Just called the Hillsborough fuzz.

KWR is fine.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

THANK GOD!

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

…thanks Bud!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

As you smile as so many innocents are killed. How quaint.

You’re disgusting.

How many dead black unborn babies do you need before you speak up?

I suspect you are too weak.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Just called the Hillsborough fuzz.

KWR is fine.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Key West Reader Update:

All is well now, apparently.

Thank goodness.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thanks, Lanceman & FlatFoot (gotta love that “professional courtesy card”).

Hopefully, KWR will post soon.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

THANK GOD!

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

!!!! She was the first one IIRC to talk to me here.

I remember her posting a video of her boys in the pool.
So I thought she was not living alone, am I right?

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

thanks buddy

cmsinaz on August 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It was an odd situation. It was a judgement call and you guys stepped up. She’s fine and you guys checked it out. That’s what counts. Nice to know that you guys are around!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

So I thought she was not living alone, am I right?

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

That’s what I though…

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

So I thought she was not living alone, am I right?

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

My thought too Montana. I remember her pool parties and kids mentioned in the past.
I dont know what going on but good to see people cared.
I will assume someone had personal info to help..FB maybe.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Here’s some seriously deluded liberal hypocrisy.

The Penn & Teller vid is worth the watch. That Pamelyn Ferdin was a child actor. very angry that her career didn’t progress beyond that.

But the funniest part is about 10:30 when the Nuge has something to say

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM

So I thought she was not living alone, am I right?

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I believe she does live alone.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Nice to know that you guys are around!

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

+100000

Seriously…

This is cool…

Being an old amateur radio operator..
We used to call in for help..
I am starting to see how the internet can also provide assistance in this area…

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

All is well now, apparently.

Thank goodness.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

FlatFoot:

Thank-you so very much for your duty,that is somewhat of a relief:)

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

How cute is this picture?

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Seniors already hated Obamacare and they already believed Obama had robbed it. This is about one thing only. Turn out. Which is what it always was about. We know the plan, lets see what happens.

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

WOW… For once you left the delusional world where liberals live and stepped into the real world…

Regarding “turn out” there is no doubt who is much more energized in this election… It is the Republican side…

The most important metric in this elections is how many “White Voters” who voted for Obama in 2008 would swtich and vote for Romney in 2012… Here are the numbers for you and you may share it with your liberal friends… It is basic math and cannot be disputed…
Obama loses Florida if 10% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Ohio if 11% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Viriginia if 13% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses North Carolina if 7% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Indiana if 3% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Colorado if 13% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Iowa if 10% of of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses New Hampshire if 13% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Wisconsin if 17% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Minnesota if 15% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Nevada if 22% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Pennsylavania if 23% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.
Obama loses Michigan if 23% of Obama White voters from 2008 switch and vote for Romney in 2012 in this state.

mnjg on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

libfreeordie on August 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

As you smile as so many innocents are killed. How quaint.

You’re disgusting.

How many dead black unborn babies do you need before you speak up?

I suspect you are too weak.

CW on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Well, CW, what remains to be said about libfreeordie? It has shown it’s true colors.

Unborn Black babies being murdered every week in this country and we conservatives…who stand up for the lives of the unborn…are considered the crazy ones?

OMG.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM

You get extra B points..love that song.
Reminds me of a wedding I went too…all of us dancing to that and singing.. us girlfriends-and I don’t dance..but with a beer I can fake it. ;)

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

THANK GOD!

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

gophergirl:An Amen to ~infinity:)

canopfor on August 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM

are considered the crazy ones?

OMG.

GrannyDee on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

+100

Electrongod on August 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Key West Reader Update:

All is well now, apparently.

Thank goodness.

FlatFoot on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thanks so much FF, for the report … and for playing the card. I know that’s something you wouldn’t do if it the matter was not important to you. God Bless KWR, as do we.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I have seen that “disappointed Obama voter ad” twice tonight on different channels.

gophergirl on August 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I remember her posting a video of her boys in the pool.
So I thought she was not living alone, am I right?

MontanaMmmm on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

…the one boy was the 17 year old who had a year in HS yet…that was recently taken from her without notice. Her dad has cancer too I think she mentioned…don’t know if he’s nearby.

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Good luck with that. Prove they were lying.

f-

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

So that’s that.

Lanceman on August 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

That was you, right?

Please give us credible proof the Swifties were “lying”.

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM