Nancy Pelosi: My Congress cooperated with President Bush, you know

posted at 6:16 pm on August 18, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

On Friday evening, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi appeared on Late Night in all of her august and resplendent wisdom to lament the degree to which House Republicans have exposed America to hitherto unplumbed depths of human maliciousness, what with all their purely spiteful and stubborn blockages of President Obama’s munificent agenda. Alas, but for these troubled times in which we live! Via Mediaite:

Pelosi then took shots at the John Boehner-led Republican House: “The president has tried to cooperate with the Republican majority led by Speaker Boehner, they really have not cooperated with him. That obstruction has really been their philosophy.”

“They just won’t cooperate with him,” she continued. “So that’s why this selection is so important. We must re-elect President Obama and give him a Congress that can work with him,” she said to cheers and applause. …

“When I was speaker, I cooperated with him with President Bush,” she claimed to Fallon. “This obstruction of the president is something quite new. We got a good deal done when President Bush was president because we said, ‘How can we work together to get results — to solve problems for the American people?’”

“But they have just made a decision to obstruct President Obama,” she concluded. “And that’s just not right for the American people.”

Republicans ostensible ‘decision to obstruct President Obama’ is somehow ‘not right for the American people’? Is that a joke? The current Congress was elected specifically to do precisely that! We elected President Obama in 2008, and after about a year and a half of his presidency, decided we didn’t like where he was taking it — and hence in 2010 voted conservatives into Congress en masse. We have a divided Congress right now: Neither side being able to push through their pet legislation is kind of the idea. Our Founders designed our system to work slowly and without haste for a reason, especially when the American people haven’t awarded one party with more power than another. And by the way, Ms. Pelosi — during your tenure as Speaker of the 110th and 111th Congresses, you were presiding over Democratic majorities in both chambers. I know this whole “obstructionism” thing is a really useful way for President Obama and other Congressional Democrats to use Americans’ widespread distrust of Congress to your campaigns’ advantage, but it’s not quite the same situation.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I remember the cooperation when the Dims booed Bush at the State of the Union when he proposed fixing Social Security now.

Was the most disgraceful display of partisanship I had ever seen at a SOTU address.

That was your Congress, you wh0re.

cane_loader on August 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Mmm…Burritos on August 18, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Couldn’t be because the democrats was trying to pass every social program that had been their life long dream without involving any Republicans, could it?

Barred on August 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

OK, well, I was too hasty. Pelosi wasn’t in charge when Bush got booed. But all the same characters – then in the minority – were the ones doing the booing.

cane_loader on August 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM

And Pelosi WAS the minority leader. So she WAS responsible.

cane_loader on August 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

scalleywag on August 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I hear ya .. Sorta like him, myself.
Any chance he wanted to showcase her nuttiness ?
Maybe ?.

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

It’s kind of a tossup, who is more delusional, Nancy, Barack, Harry, or Joe? Oh yea, then there’s Debbie, Janet, Axelrod, Carney, the list just goes on and on and on and on and on. No wonder we’re in such a sorry state.

scalleywag on August 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM

So, Congress has not passed a budget in 3 years, and Repubs have only had control of the house for 2 years. If my math is correct, and I do NOT have a public school education, that leaves 1 year where Dems controlled EVERYTHING and STILL couldn’t pass a budget. What say you, Nanzi? Hmmmmmm?

Sasha List on August 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Any chance he wanted to showcase her nuttiness ?
Maybe ?.

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

There’s hope! There’s plenty of that to showcase! Wouldn’t that be lovely if she thought she was on there because people really wanted to hear what she had to say and it ended up being a stepping stone to creating a parody of her? Bwahahahaha. Priceless.

scalleywag on August 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Didn’t realize that Botox was an hallucinogenic.

TXUS on August 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

History book of the future:

“Nanzi was a poor, rich by parasite, misunderstood, deluded, Botoxed, psychotic whacko.”

viking01 on August 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Man, just thinking of our vault of wonderful candidates for Speaker gives me chills !!
The good kind.
Let’s get/keep the ‘good guys’ in the Senate, in Nov, folks !!

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I’m no chauvinists but this is the dumbest woman I’ve ever had the extreme displeasure of knowing exists.

Slade73 on August 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

How does one go from Blaming Bush for everything to touting your very special relationship with him, and sparkling record of “getting things done”?

Slade73 on August 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Couldn’t you just screeam when you see and hear her???

I feel sick everytime I have to hear her or debbie downer, but I guess most of all I can’t stand to hear the pres!

Bambi on August 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Fallon ?

Nanzi must have figured if she appeared with pervert Letterman that washed-up DNC hack might make a pass at her.

viking01 on August 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

SWalker on August 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Don’t you think it would be worth it, instead, to just give your state back to Mexico if it would mean getting rid of Pelosi?

NightmareOnKStreet on August 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I know some of you just love getting your California bashing on, but, no it wouldn’t be worth it. California is, even with the Marxists Democrat boot on our neck still 1/7th of the entire US Economy.

Even suffering as we are under draconian taxation and regulatory strangulation we are an incredible economic powerhouse, think about it, 1/7th of the entire US economy. Nope, in reality giving California up would slam the US in a recession from which it would not recover.

SWalker on August 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Never been to California, but I take it you don’t mean like Cabo San Lucas.

NightmareOnKStreet on August 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

lol..no try Tijuana.

bazil9 on August 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Shameless Liar

LA Conservative on August 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

SWalker on August 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I would never bash anyone in CA except the idiot leftists.
Sure do hate what they’ve done to such a glorious place !
I know many who’ve had to leave, just to make a living, and have wept bitterly for the rampant destruction of such a wonderful resource that is CA.
My heart bleeds for the state.

pambi on August 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Dave in Pa on August 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Your article was excellent!

I read one written by the hometown paper for the Western Martians who elect her that was much worse. Aside from joy at her enlarging the wounds of Katrina and Iraq for the Republican President, they loved some of her extra credit activities.

It did not matter to them how much her mad agenda hurt the nation in the process of sinking W.

Remember her “reaching out” to Assad of Syria while evil W and the Republicans were trying to characterize him as a bad guy or something?

From the NYT of April of 2007:

President George W. Bush criticized Pelosi’s visit on Tuesday during a wide-ranging news conference at the White House. He said the visit sent “mixed signals” that “lead the Assad government to believe they are part of the mainstream of the international community, when in fact they are a state sponsor of terror.”

IlikedAUH2O on August 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

That was your Congress, you wh0re.

cane_loader on August 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Democrats Applauding Their Own Obstructionism

Seven Percent Solution on August 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Mr. Fallon never mentioned her impish behavior with W.

OH! The media!

He should understand how W felt. He does commercials with the baby tossing food at him and refusing to listen to reason.

IlikedAUH2O on August 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Has the FDA looked into what seems to be an obvious side effect of Botox as demonstrated by this person? I wish her family would step up and say: nice Nancy…it is time for you to wallow in the money you coerced and just disappear from public.

Dingbat63 on August 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Nanzi has OBVIOUSLY forgotten to take her meds… Suffering from selective memory…

Khun Joe on August 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Does anybody remember the movie “Princess Bride”? Does anybody remember the scene in Miracle Max’s house where the old woman says, “I’m not a witch, I’m your wife!”? Does anybody remember what she says right before that? She shouts one word twice! Anybody remember what that word was?…….hint: It’s a perfect discription of what our dear friend Ms. Nancy Pelousi is….

….should I tell you?….the actual scene?….what the words were?…….Okay! You asked for it……

The words were……

Liar!!! LIIIAAARRRR!!!!!!!…….

so see, this actually IS on topic, aint’s it!!! :^)

Vntnrse on August 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM

As a resident of Southern California I can tell you this, there really are days when I pray for the “Big One” to remove Nancy and those vile troglodytes that keep sending her back to congress, from the face of the earth. Does that make me evil? Who cares…

SWalker on August 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM

NightmareOnKStreet on August 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM

SWalker on August 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Not out for a night of California bashing at all. Point of clarification, please? Just what effect do you suppose it would have on the US economy if your prayer was answered in the affirmative for the “Big One” to hit? At least with my proposal, there’d be no economic cost, not to mention loss of life.

NightmareOnKStreet on August 18, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I swear this woman is Batsh!t CRAZY!

Winebabe on August 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Lying, mentally diseased, whorish sack of shyte.

A pox on the complete morons in californication that keep putting this slut back in the house. She represents nobody except herself and her fellow communists.

Wolfmoon on August 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM

How can anyone look into Pelosi’s wild eyes, listen to that irritating intonation as she spews forth all sorts of nonsense about things that exist only in the warped universe between her ears and not think: “I am in the presence of a seriously deranged bitch.”

natasha333 on August 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM

What braindead Nanzi doesn’t say is that SHE and her DEMWITS had full control of the Congress and Senate since 2007 til 2010 Bushs last two years made him a lame duck prez.

CONGRESS spends the money NOT the president, just look at a chart and see how spending exploded starting in 2007, so all this crap about everything being Bushes fault is just that, not saying he didn’t spend money but if the shoe fits wear it NANZI.
I am really convinced BOTOX affects the brain especially if it’s not to stable to begin with.

She was also part of the Congressional PINK caucus in the 80′s, interesting read.

concernedsenior on August 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM

satan is very strong in this one……

sicoit on August 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Did the band play “Lyin’ A** B*tch” this time?

Stu Gotts on August 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM

‘I really, really, really miss my big honkin’ gavel and all the free plane rides back and forth, my relatives miss the freebies, too. Good thing I’m still in the know and able to influence cronyism or my husband might have to employ union labor to pick grapes. Life is good in Nancy’s world’./sarc off.

Kissmygrits on August 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM

If God loved liars he would squeeze this lady to death!

Herb on August 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

cooperated with President Bush

How many times, from 2006 (before the 2006 elections) to 2008 (before the 2008 elections) did this woman go in front of TV cameras and propagandize about the “failed policies of this administration”?

Name one economic indicator that is better today, after 5 and half years of majority Democrat control, than it was in December 2006, at the end of 12 consecutive years of majority Republican control.

Which party has “failed policies”? DEMOCRATS.

The economy was actually doing well when Pelosi, Reid, (and then-Senators Obama, Biden, Clinton, etc.) took majority control on January 3, 2007.

ITguy on August 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Stu Gotts on August 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Good for you.

I hope people will long remember how Congresswoman Bachmann was treated with that rotten (bumper music) song.

I think a tune from the Wizard of Oz would suit Nancy. Like the music from witch flying in her gov’t funded G-5.

IlikedAUH2O on August 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM

No, Jimbo. It’s not interesting; it’s bulls***!

simon on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

It’s election time, don’t these TV programs have to give equal time?

Cindy Munford on August 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

An ice cold, frosty and refreshing mug of melena for you, Madame. Cheers!

Mason on August 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Yes, she and Bush cut a deal: The Surge for everything else. She could have stopped it, and not stopping it was a betrayal of her core anti-war supporters. What did she get in return? Blank check on domestic spending.

motionview on August 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Right Stretch Pelosi, you cooperated with GW Bush. It’s not like we can go to YouTube and verify your lies.

You took the federal budget deficit from 120 billion in 2006 to 400 billion in 2007 and up to 1.2 trillion in 2008 and we’ve been over 1.5 trillion every year since.

dthorny on August 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM

She will retire soon as the voters kick Obama out of office. Should have happened in 2010. Reid will follow.

Amazingoly on August 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM

This is the despicable sleezey minger who, when I called her office in SF, a staffer told me that she was going to the mideast to stick her nose in foreign affairs, because, well, if Bush wasn’t going to do it, Pelosi would. A clear violation of the Logan Act. Cooperate with Bush? The woman is a vile human being who is simply a waste of oxygen that a pig wallowing in his filth could use.

And then there is her accusation that the TP were a bunch of NAZI’s. Civility indeed.

csdeven on August 19, 2012 at 1:41 AM

csdeven on August 19, 2012 at 1:41 AM

…how come I like you now?

KOOLAID2 on August 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM

How does this woman not spontaneously combust when she spouts blatant lies?

Athena on August 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Shameless Liar

LA Conservative on August 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

How does this woman not spontaneously combust when she spouts blatant lies?

Athena on August 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I think she might actually believe what she’s saying.

For me that’s the scary part. I used to think she (they) were lying — how could they not be? — but now I suspect she (they) might live in a weird layer between what they observe and what they want. For relativists, everything might be fair game.

We’ve always been at war with Eastasia.

Axe on August 19, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Hmmm, Lets see…

Nancy, (may I call you Nancy?) you are all a bunch of Communists, we are not.

What middle ground is there to compromise on?

Besides, like you, we’re not here to “compromise” with you..We are here to defeat you…

MaxSplinters on August 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I was hoping this article would list all the times when Pel-lost-it stood in Bush’s way. I have forgotten about them. I would have enjoyed being reminded.

gasmeterguy on August 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM

“We got a good deal done when President Bush was president because we said, ‘How can we work together to get results — to solve problems for the American people?’” San Fran Gran Nanny

That is just bizarre.
That isn’t even revisionist history, it’s a blatant lie. But, that’s what they DO.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on August 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Amazingly obvious lies, but the lemmings are tuned to hear them as truth, and there is nothing on this Earth that we can do to change those minds. There are those like this on the Right as well, who will tilt away from Democrats as a trained reflex, but in general, to believe the philosophies of the Right one must first be willing to believe in personal responsibility, bringing with it a desire to understand and separate truth from fiction. A substantial segment of those on the Left have abdicated all interest in personal responsibility, and depend upon government to tell them how to feel, think, eat, and believe. Without a personal epiphany, those cannot be reached with any message not delivered by such as Pelosi, and will believe ANY lie spoken by her.

We cannot worry about those people, we must simply ignore them and continue to fight for honest founding principles.

Pelosi herself is another story. Her public lies must be publicly denounced at every turn where they might catch the ears of those who haven’t spent the effort to understand the issues before the nation, but who are capable of rational decision-making. Sadly, those end up being the people who tip the scales in too many elections.

The good news is that there is another sleeping constituency; conservative citizens who have quit trying to have their vote matter because they have been betrayed too often. It is high time to reach those who are either not registered, or have not been voting out of despair over “politics as usual”. Those people coming to the poll booth in November would create a true Conservative tsunami. They won’t be reached by political ads or articles on HotAir. They must be reached by you, and by me, one-to-one.

Get busy.

Freelancer on August 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Don’t drink the Kool-Aid. It does hate the Left, but it also hates Tea Party conservatives. Its kind destroyed McCain’s campaign four years ago, and until Ryan was selected, its kind was on the way crafting another Republican defeat this year.

Freelancer on August 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I think all Congress critters need Drug & Alcohol testing prior to being sworn in and thereafter a monthly random one. A Lie Detector Test also, along with a Sanity Test. Hmmmm, guess we’d have to have a new election for Congress immediately after the results came in:-)

bluefox on August 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM

That is just bizarre.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on August 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Like the old Russian joke says, “The future is known. It’s the past that keeps changing.”

Marxist-Statists are the same the world over.

Harpazo on August 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM

In return for the Iraq war funding (all Bush seemed interested in) Pelosi got to blow up the budget and get everything else she wanted. Not exactly what I would call “cooperation”

Conan on August 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM

San Fran Nan told us we had to pass PelosiCare to find out what was in it, then paraded around Washington with an oversized gavel to spike the football once it passed.

Then We the People found out what was in it, and took “her” Horrible Hammer away, because we were tired of getting nailed.

Why should Boehner & Co. “cooperate” with Obama? When the car of State is headed over a cliff, hitting the brakes is a GOOD thing!!!

Steve Z on August 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM

How does this woman not spontaneously combust when she spouts blatant lies?

Athena on August 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM