Team Obama responds to special ops criticism via John Kerry

posted at 5:21 pm on August 17, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Earlier this week, a group of former special forces and intelligence agents launched a media campaign criticizing President Obama for the White House’s poor handling of sensitive national-security information and for Team Obama persistently using the death of Osama bin Laden as a subject for bragging rights. The Obama campaign can’t have that — Obama almost certainly plans to bring up his daring OBL raid during any foreign policy discussions we have on our way to November, and members of the military and intelligence community rallying in criticism of Obama’s national-security creds would certainly put a damper on that.

I’d guess that’s why the following e-mail from Obama for America just landed in my inbox:

Friend –

It’s easy to look at the attacks, smears, and lies being told about President Obama and his record and say, “Come on, that’s ridiculous. No one could possibly believe that.”

Trust me: You and I learned the hard way eight years ago this August that in the new world we’re living in — one with 24-hour news cycles, the internet, blogs, the echo chamber, and now the new Citizens United-fueled Republican money machine — even completely baseless attacks can stick if people don’t call them out quickly enough. No matter how self-evidently false the attacks are, or how disreputable the people telling them may be, there’s no attack that can’t take hold.

Seeing the new outrageous attacks made against President Obama from a shadowy Republican-allied veterans group called OPSEC, which take issue with the mission to kill Osama bin Laden, remind me all too well of the notorious “Swift Boat” attacks I faced in the 2004 campaign. I honor and appreciate the service of my fellow veterans, but a false attack is a false attack — no matter who’s making it.

It’s not enough to wish them away or dismiss them because they come in part from “birthers” who still won’t concede that President Obama was born here in the United States.

No, we need to get moving now — before it’s too late.

Take a look at this blog post that fact-checks these most recent smears, and be sure to share it with others:

Throughout this campaign, Mitt Romney and his allies have shown that if the truth isn’t favorable to them, they have no problem claiming the opposite — and the reality is that President Obama has a foreign policy record that is among the strongest in recent memory.

In 2008, then-Senator Obama said he’d end the war in Iraq in a responsible way and refocus on taking out Al Qaeda’s leaders.

You and I know he’s followed through in a big way on both those promises.

In contrast, the Republicans have a candidate with absolutely no foreign policy experience, who thinks Russia is our “number one geopolitical foe” and who is advised by people who think — and have repeatedly said — the Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia are countries that still exist. Romney’s two major foreign policy speeches never even mentioned Al Qaeda once, and he’s prone to stumbles when he steps onto the foreign policy stage. (He can’t even manage to visit London without causing an international incident!)

Faced with all this, it shouldn’t be a surprise that Romney and his allies are resorting to the same national security smear tactics I faced in 2004. We have to take it seriously. Forward this email to your friends, and encourage them to join us on the Truth Team today:

Thanks for fighting back — forewarned is forearmed!

John

Senator John Kerry
Massachusetts

Well, there you have it, folks — a persuasive argument for Obama’s foreign-policy management if ever there was one. These “shadowy” special-ops groups are just trying to swift-boat President Obama (and John Kerry is the expert, you know!) and are coming from people associated with those crazy right-wing birthers; while Mitt Romney still thinks the Soviet Union exists, couldn’t even make it through the Olympics without upsetting the delicate sensibilities of the liberal media, and tends to focus his major foreign-policy speeches more on Israel and Iran than al Qaeda. Yep, that’s me convinced.

(And, by the way, “the Republicans have a candidate with absolutely no foreign policy experience”? Someone remind me, what were candidate Obama’s spectacular foreign-policy credentials, again?)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

ted c on August 17, 2012 at 5:52 PM

+ 100..Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM

“…in the new world we’re living in — one with 24-hour news cycles, the internet, blogs, the echo chamber, and now the new Citizens United-fueled Republican money machine — even completely baseless attacks can stick if people don’t call them out quickly enough. No matter how self-evidently false the attacks are, or how disreputable the people telling them may be, there’s no attack that can’t take hold.

You mean like Romney didn’t pay taxes for 10 years and Romney is responsible for a woman’s death 7-8 years after he left Bain? Give me a break.

College Prof on August 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Why didn’t he write the letter in French?

mouell on August 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Team Obama responds to special ops criticism via John Kerry

Via John Kerry? Bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaa…

…who also served in Vietnam.

Using Kerry for this message is the most preposterous crap I’ve heard since his own allusion in Congressional testimony to “Jenghis” Kahn.

petefrt on August 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM

A couple months ago, Gen. Jack Keane was on Hannity saying something like….”I think you’ll be seeing alot more come out about the Bin Laden raid”.

Couldn’t find it but remember it clearly.

Here he is giving an interview to Huckabee saying Obama knew about OBL since 2010.

Explosive.

aquaviva on August 17, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Why didn’t he write the letter in French?

mouell on August 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Coz his French sux…

jimver on August 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Team Obama responds to special ops criticism via John Kerry

Team Obama blew it. Why use John Kerry when you could still use Jane Fonda?

petefrt on August 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Hey Lurch, how’s that purple heart arse doin? I understand Teresa is putting a cork on the end of your fork these days. Good for her and you. She was running out of excuses as to why you had holes your forehead. I leave you with one word….spoon. Good Gawd, does anyone take this plywood with a nose seriously?

Tangerinesong on August 17, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Chauncey Gardner…
It’s hard to do a Press Conference without a script or teleprompter-or picking the lucky three that get to ask the questions Jarrett has picked for Chauncey to answer.

djn on August 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Cool. This motivated me to make yet another donation to Team Romney-Ryan.

I’m disgusted by Barackus Hubris Maximus and his ilk of dyspeptic reprobates always and constantly doing precisely that which they are so accusatory of others and so weepily lament every single freakin’ day.

John Kerry’s a piece of s**t. So is Barack Hussein Obama.

FlatFoot on August 17, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I am learning to truly hate the media.

harlekwin15 on August 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM

That is some slow learning you got going on…..:)

hillsoftx on August 17, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Wow, that’s pathetic. I went to the website, and there’s not a single fact there defending President Obama from the charges. There’s attacks on the people making the charges, but not a single actual defense for President Obama.

I guess the charges are all actually true,

Greg Q on August 17, 2012 at 6:46 PM

How about that, a traitor sticking up for another traitor. Neither of them have ever defended the Constitution as they swore on oath to do………

crosshugger on August 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Hah, Mrs. Heinz forgot the key to the doghouse, again.

Schadenfreude on August 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Did you know that in the past 11 years, one of the evil corporations owned by the obscenely rich wife of this Gigolo took in almost $150 million from U.S. military contracts?

Only bad when Republicans do it.

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM

John Kerry = LOSER.

Hey Johnny! WHEN are you going to release ALL of your military records? You know, the one’s that mention your “Honorable General Discharge” – “the circumstances having been reviewed by a board of officers”. (Thanks, Jimmy “Pardon them” Carter!)

GarandFan on August 17, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Help! Many people can’t sign in to Hotmail. Has anyone heard what the problem is?

Thanks!

bluefox on August 17, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Since no one has offered. I don’t use Hotmail but I did read something a week or so back about changes that were coming that merged Hotmail into Outlook and other social media integration. I don’t have any idea about how to access hotmail if you’re locked out but it might have something to do with the upgrade they did.
Hope this helps.

Texas Gal on August 17, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Good to see John back in the news again. God knows we need a true military hero speaking out on this.
//SARC//
a capella on August 17, 2012 at 5:30 PM

You forgot your /sarc/ tag, so I added it for you.
You’re welcome.

Solaratov on August 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Least we forget John Kerry Reporting for Duty! (salute)

What a jerk .. Like Baaarrraacckkk Barry Obama He hides behinds his wifes skirt also

Cincy Conservative on August 17, 2012 at 7:07 PM

No Erika,

The military and intelligence communities are not objecting to the OBL raid. They are objecting the way the White House leaked stuff to make their jug-eared Kenyan boss look “Presidential.” Nevermind he okayed the raid after being waved off three times by the only angry black woman even more evil than Mooch. Nevermind he played golf up until the time he was needed for photo-ops in the situation center. Nevermind SEAL Team Six did all the work. Obama thinks he is the only one that deserves recognition for this action.

Happy Nomad on August 17, 2012 at 7:08 PM

DD 214 Jungle John…..

.50 Kerry is the world’s fastest tour.

harlekwin15 on August 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Sven, come home!

Old eagle on August 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM

This is just too rich. What can this campaign staff do right?

Ellis on August 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Only bad when Republicans do it.

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I’m more amused by the fact that the only reason why the Baskin-Robbins where Obama had his first date and kiss with Mooch is still around because Bain Capital came in and saved the company.

Happy Nomad on August 17, 2012 at 7:17 PM

JF’inK is about on the same level as General Wesley Clark.

The media loves them because they criticize the Military at every turn.

Keep talking Barry. Hey how is that “reset” button thingy going for you over in the Middle East? You know that “spring”?

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a “cancerous tumour” that will soon be excised, drawing Western rebukes.

Washington said Ahmadinejad’s statements were “reprehensible”, while Paris viewed them as “outrageous.”

Ahmadinejad’s diatribe against Israel in his Quds (Jerusalem) Day address was the latest in a long line to have drawn criticism from Western governments.

“The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour,” he said.

“The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land…. A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists,” he said.

PAGING JOHN F’IN KERRY (who sooooooo wanted to be Secretary of State).

PappyD61 on August 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Don’t Obama’s media whores realize it’s just Kerry “Reporting for Doody.”

viking01 on August 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Hasn’t been a Heinz product in this house since the Swift Boat days. Love it that they are resurrecting Lurch…that will help the money come in to our side. The more they show Lurch and let him talk, the better.

I did hear that he served in Vietnam BTW. Also BTW, has his yacht been moved back to Mass and are his taxes up to date? Harry Reid said he heard that they had not been paid.

Dingbat63 on August 17, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Rob OBAMAHOOD of his only foreign policy accomplishment, awesomeness.

….how about running a commercial showing him dithering for months while he decided if he wanted to kill a Muslim. Why would an American President wait to bring justice on the killer of thousands of AMERICANS? Why?

PappyD61 on August 17, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Where can we contribute to this PAC that’s going to run these ads?

$$$$$ well spent.

PappyD61 on August 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM

When Obama said “corpse man” I think he was referring to John Kerry. How will anyone know when Kerry is dead? He looks like a corpse already.

VorDaj on August 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Kerry has to be insanely jealous of Romney.
Has to see himself there, with the script flipped.

PaleoRider on August 17, 2012 at 7:28 PM

John Kerry here.

Hi there fellow bloggers. My name is United States Senator John Forbes Kerry from the great state of Massachusetts. You can call me JFK if you want.I was born on December 11, 1943, although people tell me that I look at least 20 years younger. It’s probably my great hair and rugged good looks. I graduated from Yale in June 1966 in the top 1% of my class. To earn extra money during the summers, I loaded trucks in a grocery warehouse and sold encyclopedias door to door. That is probably one of the reasons that I am so humble. Over my four years at Yale, I maintained a 96 grade average and received a 101 average in my senior year.

I am one of the most senior members of that grand and much loved and respected institution known as the U.S. Senate. Probably the only Senator who was even a little bit greater than me and a little more humble was my dear friend Ted Moore Kennedy. I also have a very high IQ. Very high. At least 250 on a bad day. Much higher than that creep who stole the election from me. I know that he stole it because exit polls are never ever wrong.

I am also a great war hero. I set all kinds of records for heroism when I was in Vietnam. I was grievously wounded at least three times yet continued to insist on staying in the fight when lesser men would have given up. I won the bronze star with extra V’s for extra valor and the Silver Star for defeating a whole battalion of NVA with my bare hands. Sometimes I feel like a had to carry all the water for those other ungrateful swiftboaters.

I sometimes like to chill out after a long day of serving the American people by having a double martini with my good friend Ted, although I can’t do that now as he has stopped drinking. We used to have a servant bring 21 double martinis. I got one and Ted got one for each of his fingers and each of his toes. Contrary to what some of my very few enemies say I never marry women for just their money. They must also have a pulse. BTW, did I mention that I was in Vietnam? I was also in Cambodia, so don’t forget that!

I would like to think that I am open minded, honest, polite, heroic, trustworthy and humble. And I appreciate the same qualities in others although I am realistic enough to know that no one else could come close to me. Turn offs: other politicians who spend more on haircuts than I do. That is just not right. BTW, if anyone has found my Magic Hat, please return to me and I will give you an autographed picture of myself which I am sure you will cherish as your most prized possession.

VorDaj on August 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Screen cap caption:

Hacks Hugging Hacks

Key West Reader on August 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM

As a vet I can assure everyone that Kerry is a POS.

Everyone that has ever served knew someone like Kerry and I can promise you Kerry has few to no friends that served with him.

You can smell his kind from a mile away…

The only thing Kerry is good at is marrying rich women…

RockyJ. on August 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Kerry was/is one creepy dude. Washington deserves him, we do not.

sdbatboy on August 17, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I am learning to truly hate the media.

harlekwin15 on August 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Off-planet colonies?

98ZJUSMC on August 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

from a shadowy Republican-allied

Aren’t all Republican-allied groups “shadowy?”

/s

MJBrutus on August 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Kerry = global warming advocate, traitor, elitist and incapable of holding down a real job. A reflection of the morons in Boston. Along with Bawney Fwank

ultracon on August 17, 2012 at 7:47 PM

It would not surprise me if The Swift Boat folks arise and pummel Lurch yet again. Guess I’d better be prepared to write yet another check.

Dingbat63 on August 17, 2012 at 7:52 PM

And to think Kerry came within a hair’s breadth of becoming President.

Ugh.

TimBuk3 on August 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Now that’s disgusting. And yet, so very encouraging.

minnesoter on August 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Washington Free Beacon

Silent Running
Russian attack submarine sailed in Gulf of Mexico undetected for weeks, U.S. officials say

BY: Bill Gertz
August 14, 2012 5:00 am

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine armed with long-range cruise missiles operated undetected in the Gulf of Mexico for several weeks and its travel in strategic U.S. waters was only confirmed after it left the region, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

It is only the second time since 2009 that a Russian attack submarine has patrolled so close to U.S. shores.

The stealth underwater incursion in the Gulf took place at the same time Russian strategic bombers made incursions into restricted U.S. airspace near Alaska and California in June and July, and highlights a growing military assertiveness by Moscow.

The submarine patrol also exposed what U.S. officials said were deficiencies in U.S. anti-submarine warfare capabilities—forces that are facing cuts under the Obama administration’s plan to reduce defense spending by $487 billion over the next 10 years.

The Navy is in charge of detecting submarines, especially those that sail near U.S. nuclear missile submarines, and uses undersea sensors and satellites to locate and track them.

The fact that the Akula was not detected in the Gulf is cause for concern, U.S. officials said.

The officials who are familiar with reports of the submarine patrol in the Gulf of Mexico said the vessel was a nuclear-powered Akula-class attack submarine, one of Russia’s quietest submarines.

A Navy spokeswoman declined to comment.

One official said the Akula operated without being detected for a month.

“The Akula was built for one reason and one reason only: To kill U.S. Navy ballistic missile submarines and their crews,” said a second U.S. official.

“It’s a very stealthy boat so it can sneak around and avoid detection and hope to get past any protective screen a boomer might have in place,” the official said, referring to the Navy nickname for strategic missile submarines.

mountainaires on August 17, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Maybe I missed it, but where in the blog article does the actual debunking occur? All I see is a listing of who the people are, not anyone debunking the facts that were presented.

I hate the world right now, sometimes I pray for a meteor to take the planet out so we can all get on to the next part of our journey.

TheLoudTalker on August 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM

You need a better Spam filter.

MessesWithTexas on August 17, 2012 at 8:11 PM

OMG – is John Kerry still alive? I had no idea.

Pork-Chop on August 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Animatronic, actually.

But they still can’t get it to catch a football.

bofh on August 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Did Meggy McCain write this?

John the Libertarian on August 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Damn. I was worried that Obama would play his ace in the hole on national security, John Kerry, and now my fears have come true!!

drunyan8315 on August 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM

So, when’s dear leader going to bring out his next guest, and who will it be? Alinsky? Corzine? lmao… great strategy lining up your greatest failures chief. Kerry! You might as well bring over Kim Jong Un and Chavez to make commercials with you having dinner with your lucky dinner winner and Ms. 1% Wintour.

lmao…

Symshady on August 17, 2012 at 9:11 PM

mountainaires on August 17, 2012 at 8:05 PM

This is truly frightening. And, how little attention this is getting……..anywhere.

avagreen on August 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM

. [snip]

lmao…

Symshady on August 17, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I was wondering the same thing. How about Mayor Bloomturd?

minnesoter on August 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM

LOL! Every time I hear a Lib use the term “Swift Boating”, I have to laugh! Some Day they may get a clue and realize that the VAST majority of Americans define “Swift Boating” as telling the truth about a Liberal. No matter how hard or how often they try to change the meaning of “Swift Boating”, it will always be seen as, some one telling the truth about Euro-Socialist Ideologue/Lib!

God Bless America!

paratisi on August 17, 2012 at 9:32 PM

As a vet I can assure everyone that Kerry is a POS.

You can smell his kind from a mile away…

The only thing Kerry is good at is marrying rich women…

RockyJ. on August 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I’ve know one of the Swift Boat Vets for most of my life, and he’s as honest a man as you’ll find anywhere. Ironically he’s one of Thurston’s constituents, as are several of the other Swifties.

Many of them had in fact endorsed him previously in his MA Senate elections. But in those elections, he wasn’t running on his military record, and he wasn’t running for Commander in Chief.

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM

minnesoter on August 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I’m still laughing about the Kerry pick. I think it looks like Obama is holding him back in the pic. He prolly has good practice with that… “Don’t say it Joe!” Excellent work Obama Marketing. Keep ‘em comin’.

Symshady on August 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Obama’s foreign experience?

Do you mean his insistence that Austrians speak ‘Austrian’?
His bowing to the Saudi Arabia King?
His ‘gift’ of his own speeches on an Ipod to the UK Queen?
His ‘gift’ of unusable DVDs to the PM of the UK?
His support for the dictator of Honduras violating the Honduran Constitution?

His support for Argentina taking over the UK Falkland Islands?
His babbling on and on, while the UK band played the UK national anthem?
His refusal to support the Iranian demonstrations for democracy and his support, instead, of Ahmandinejad?
His refusal to confront Iran’s nuclear actions, and thus enabling them to develop a nuclear weapon?

His dithering over Libya, until the UK and France shamed him into entering the war.
His refusal to get approval for this war from Congress; he redefined ‘war’ to mean only ‘boots on the ground’. Dropping bombs from planes, according to Obama, is not ‘war’.

His snubbing of Canada by refusing its Keystone Pipeline, because his good friend Buffet has his trains and trucks hauling the oil, and doesn’t want a pipeline.
His refusal to allow internal oil and gas resource extraction, while sending billions to build up Brazil’s oil resources; that’s because his friend Soros has investments in Brazilian oil.

His snubbing of Israel’s Prime Minister, of the UK Prime Minister.

Oh, and as for the USA, we all know that Obama insists there are 57 states.

ETAB on August 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM

^^^^
THIS!

ETAB on August 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Symshady on August 17, 2012 at 9:52 PM

ETAB on August 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM

And you just scratched the surface. Not a criticism, mind you, there are so many and my additions are not the total…I just forget all of them
–The Churchill bust
–The Dalli Lama exiting by the trash
–Netanyahu left cooling his heels while Pres Shroom left for dinner with Mooch

Dingbat63 on August 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

And to think Kerry came within a hair’s breadth of becoming President.

Ugh.

TimBuk3 on August 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Yeah, and Rielle Hunter’s boyfriend as Veep.

There is a God . . .

BigAlSouth on August 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Swift boating is not lying. It is telling an inconvenient truth.

aloysiusmiller on August 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I don’t know about you guys, but when two mutually exclusive words like “Democrat” and “truth” are mentioned together, the first word that pops into my mind is “Kerry”. Wait, no it’s not, it’s Axelrod. Hold on, maybe I jumped the gun there. I meant Wasserman Schultz. Or was it Reid? No, I got it: Weiner! Corrine? Forget it. This is way too confusing.

Texlib on August 18, 2012 at 12:42 AM

. . . the Republicans have a candidate with absolutely no foreign policy experience, who thinks Russia is our “number one geopolitical foe” and who is advised by people who think — and have repeatedly said — the Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia are countries that still exist.

And as soon as Obama gets done visiting all 57 states (just one to go) he’s going to go to Hawaii so he can bolster his foreign policy credentials by visiting Asia. While there he will celebrate the Selma March that directly resulted in his birth 4 years before it happened, and then, as a special reward, he is going to get a framed copy of the cover of Life magazine which so profoundly disturbed him when he read the report of the black man going through the painful process of bleaching his skin so he could be white. Then, maybe he will get around to dealing with the grave threat from that tiny little country which could never harm us, but first he will be addressing that long line of fallen hereos many of whom will be standing before him, including several Navy corpse men.

Fatal on August 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

John F’ing KERRY?!!!! – Child, PLEASE!

williamg on August 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Our admnistration actually voted For the “building” of a War hero to do it’s bidding in his attacking those OPSEC folks, before it voted Against it. now where’s that flowery VW bus?

Peace Out.. Toure.

Teddy on August 18, 2012 at 7:39 AM

ETAB on August 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Obama screwed up Afghanistan too!

Wigglesworth on August 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I know, right? Tell Mrs. Obama to get her paws off of the Queen. And everyone so enjoyed the toast with musical accompaniment, new fresh idea, still a few kinks to be worked out.

Cindy Munford on August 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM

These people are insufferable.
Can’t we please just give them a chunk of land that they can all infest and do with whatever they choose?
I will volunteer to help build a very tall wall between them and us to help keep them out.
I will also volunteer for border guard duty.

justltl on August 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I wonder if he still has that hat?

GWB on August 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

If there was a single ounce of self-awareness among all of the Democrats, they would never have followed up running a phoney war hero for President by running a phoney law professor.

But, they did.

drunyan8315 on August 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM

If Kerry had a swiftboat, he’d anchor it where Massachusetts couldn’t tax it!

Don L on August 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Obama begged Kerry to write this because Fonda was unavailable.

dddave on August 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM

The effrontery of this traitorous sonofabitch to run for President as a War Hero amazes me to this stay. He is a gigolo who didn’t figure out he wasn’t Irish until 2003. Moron.

SurferDoc on August 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM

The effrontery of this traitorous POS to run for President as a War Hero amazes me to this stay. He is a gigolo who didn’t figure out he wasn’t Irish until 2003. Moron.

SurferDoc on August 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Years ago Senator Kerry read aloud on the Senate floor from a file of an on-going open and had to be stopped. The military had to scramble to get their guys out of harms way. This the Guy who lied about being in Laos one Christmas during Viet Nam…the Guy who promised to release his military records and never did. He is as big a liar, just as dangerous to this country, and just as as ‘grandparent’s as Obama!!!

easyt65 on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM

easyt65 on August 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Let’s not forget his secret plan to end the war…which like Obamacare no one ever saw it until it was passed.

Don L on August 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM

These people are insufferable.
I will also volunteer for border guard duty.

justltl on August 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Let’s put them all on an island somewhere, then they can spend all their time figuring out how to best disburse the population to prevent their island from tipping over…

That should keep em busy for a few decades…

RockyJ. on August 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

No matter what anyone says if it weren’t for the Swift Boat people, thanks to Bush’s feckless re-election campaign, Kerry would have run for re-election in 2008 with alter-ego Obama running for a first time this election.

The U.S. Navy (which also develops the core of the Marine Corps officers as well) expects its officers to live by a code of honor-the exact opposite of a skulking, sneaking jackal like Kerry who gamed the system with fake wounds and fake medals-and later taking sides with the enemy (for which he was honored by Ho Chi-Minh).

The fact that a psychotic imbecile like Al Gore and a traitorous con artist like John Kerry both came within a whisker of election and a Marxist like Obama won fairly easily-shows simultaneously that the American voters can’t tell sh– from Shinola and that the Republicans better start offering better candidates.

MaiDee on August 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Why the long face, John?

HT: Saracuda

petefrt on August 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

ETAB on August 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Good point. What exactly is foreign policy expertise?

John Kerry – Riding a jetski in the Me Kong Delta
John McCain – Spending a lot of time making friends with his captors at the Hanoi Hilton
Condi Rice – Reading lots of books in the library
Joe Biden – Talking to aliens

These are your ‘foreign policy heavyweights’ America. If you can achieve any of the above, you too are a foreign policy expert.

CorporatePiggy on August 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM

The writing and stategery behind that email is nothing short of pathetic. Embarrassing actually.

8thAirForce on August 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I wonder if he still has that hat?

GWB on August 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Seared into his memory.

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM

8thAirForce on August 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM

This e-mail was absolutely demolished yesterday by Paul Mirengoff of Power Line:

The dispute about Kerry’s Vietnam service was entirely about the past. The issue had nothing to do with policy or national security. It was relevant only because it pertained to Kerry’s character and because Kerry had made his service a talking point in the campaign.

Obama’s “dishonorable disclosures” are another matter. The current critics contend that Obama is jeopardizing our national security and the lives of our operatives by talking about U.S. operations in order to enhance his image. This constitutes a potentially more explosive charge than any leveled by the Swift Boat Vets.

In the face of this damning case, carefully set forth in a 22 minute presentation, Kerry contents himself with reprising the victim role and lying about the charges being made against Obama.

(this is followed by an excerpt of Thurston’s e-mail)

Nothing in the OPSEC video takes issue with the mission to kill bin Laden. Kerry is just making this up, as he apparently made up “Christmas in Cambodia.” OPSEC takes issue only with statements Obama made following the mission and with other statements and leaks that have hurt our security.

Nor is OPSEC “shadowy.” All but one of the patriots who appear in the video identify themselves by name. They can expect to be the target of “opposition research” and vilification at the hands of Team Obama and its apologists.

Finally, Kerry never explains why he finds the criticism of Obama “outrageous.” Doing so would have required a defense of the administration’s serial disclosure of sensitive national security information.

Self-reference isn’t an argument and neither is whining. Kerry should have learned that in 2004.

Del Dolemonte on August 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I missed it the first time, but that note from Kerry above invites people to join The Truth Team

As if that liar and company would recognize the truth if it jumped up and bit them on the biden.

justltl on August 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Good grief. Is this loser still whining about the Swift Boat veterans? Cry me a river, John. Nobody cares.

Just like the Swift Boat Vets, the OPSEC guys are making truthful and substantiated charges. Obama needs to explain to voters why he is briefing Hollywood celebs on intelligence missions, and why we are frittering away hard-earned intelligence. This presidency has been the equivalent of leaving an unreliable teenager in charge of the house for the weekend.

ghostwriter on August 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I am a chaplain with the American Legion and provide counseling. The only person disliked as much as Jane Fonda for being a traitor to their country is Lurch. He soils anything regarding the military that he associates himself with. He is a disgrace, and how he gets elected to be a member of the senate is a signal of how distorted this nation has become.

Hening on August 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Look, the commie msm is going to give the commies of the Democrat Party a pass on any thing. Incest has been taboo for all time for a reason, yet there it is long term in our faces incest of the worst sort.

Lt. for life John F. Kerry, with a special ok to be in a combat zone due to his family connections as he has a life long illness,
“pairasomnia” . He has bed wetting as a child, was treated for that. He was a sleep walker and is a sleep walker. He was taking medication for it in a combat zone.

When a small sanpan got close to his swiftboat and Steve Gardner the .50 cal operator up top had to shoot and kill the VC and the 13 year old in the sanpan it was due to Lt. for life John F. Kerry being asleep on radar watch and he did not alert the crew.

The leaders of the U.S. Navy covered for him due to his family influnce, they fixed his discharge for him and the msm commie enablers of the commie Democrat Party lied for him when he ran for Pres. they lie for him now and they will lie for commie Democrats until we the peoplw of the U.S.A. vote the commie Democrats out of any power.

Then the skanks of the msm will shift change and tell U.S. they loved conservatives all along.

It is up to U.S. to stay true and not go to sleep on duty as we ourselves have done in allowing these low lift tax and spend commie Democrats to come this close to the destruction of the Constitution and our freedoms and liberity.

Stand and fight.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

This is the same John F’n Kerry who served in Vietnam,right? He is after all the Biggest Cheese Head at Lambert Field and his favorite Red Sox Player in Manny Ortiz. What a buffoon!

Tbone McGraw on August 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Again not the smartest tool in the drawer.
But John F’in Kerry, a.k.a Lerch, a.k.a. Horse Head.
Shoot the M39 into a basket of rice and gets himself fragged earning himself, (putting himself in for it BTW) a Silver Star … ‘I was in Viet Nam Kerry.’

Dear John,
It has been well over EIGHT YEARS since you PROMISED to release your DD-214. And here it is over EIGHT YEARS LATER and I’ve seen no results from your PROMISE.

Again … we have a COMPLETE AND UTTER FRAUD.

Where are your medals John? Yea, the ones YOU APPLIED FOR and were rewarded for NOTHING of ANY consequence.

Only one kind of person is worse than a LIAR and that is a COWARD who is also a LIAR.

Missilengr on August 20, 2012 at 2:46 PM

First off let me clarify, everything the Swift-boaters said about the punk Kerry was true and verified. The only lies told about Kerry’s service in Vietnam were told by the punk himself. Second, leaks are coming from the Whitehouse, I have heard Obama say things that I know had to be classified, SEAL Team identified, Doctor Identified, Our involvement with the virus in Iran identified and the fact that we teamed up with Israel released on National Television. I believe that Obama wants to make other countries afraid to share or help the United States so we will not have the information necessary to prevent another attack on us by the Islamist.

old war horse on August 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM