Quotes of the day

posted at 9:27 pm on August 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

The youngsters were running the show in Springfield, Va., on Friday, where 42-year-old Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan took the stage after being introduced by two 44-year-olds: Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli and former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis…

“We have a very serious choice to make,” Ryan told the crowd. “And what Mitt Romney is offering is to make a decision together.”…

“I heard the president talking about Medicare,” Ryan said. “We want this debate on Medicare. We want this debate, we need this debate and we’re gonna win this debate.”…

“Remember how President Obama used to say we aren’t the blue states or the red states, we’re the United States of America?” Ryan asked. “Remember when he said to put aside childish things and have an adult conversation? We’re still waiting for that adult conversation.”

***

[A]ides believe there is a way for Romney and Ryan to present a vision of fiscal discipline so starkly different than Obama’s as to provide voters a clear choice, even without all the details.

“At the end of the day,” Rhoades said, “the American people are going to have to decide: Do they want to clean up the mess right now, or do they want to wait another four years, when it’s even worse? Do they want business as usual or do they really want to tackle the big challenges for a change?”

A Romney campaign official added: “I know there are some people in Washington, D.C., that are scared to talk about Medicare. We’re not. We’ve got a million hits on Medicare. We’ll do it for as long as they want. Let’s do it. It’s policy, it’s substance, it’s the future.”

***

Adding credence to the GOP’s case: Polls conducted in 28 battleground districts for the National Republican Congressional Committee, obtained by National Journal, which suggest Republicans aren’t as vulnerable on the Medicare debate as the conventional wisdom suggests. Their pollsters tested both the Republican message on Ryan’s plan (Ryan’s plan doesn’t touch anyone over 55, preserves Medicare for future generations, invokes ObamaCare), and the Democratic message against it (end Medicare as we know it through voucher system, seniors pay more out of pocket, rates will go up). When the results of all 28 polls were aggregated together, the GOP argument prevailed 46 to 36 percent…

[I]t’s worth remembering that antipathy over Obama’s health care law was as responsible for the Democrats’ historic House losses in 2010 as the weak state of the economy. It’s notable that for Romney’s campaign, the state of the economy has taken a back seat to more ideological arguments in the wake of the Ryan selection — it’s much more consistent with the messages we heard from Congressional Republicans in 2010.

The Romney gamble: Obama’s health care law is even more unpopular than his record on the economy.

***

In a normal political year, the liberal Mediscare tom-toms might have scared Republicans from this issue, and Mr. Ryan probably would have remained an admired if sidelined Congressman. But Mr. Obama decided via the Affordable Care Act to remake the entire health-care system including Medicare, and thus he also changed the politics.

The destructive policy and unpopularity of ObamaCare have made Paul Ryan’s reform politically possible, meaning that voters may be open to hearing the real choice they face between command and control or private competition and more patient choice. Throw in the lousy economy and the Obama spending and debt binges, and the GOP this year has a chance to win a health-care debate if it goes on offense and contrasts its solutions to Mr. Obama’s.

That’s the real reason liberals and the press corps claim to be so upset by the Romney Medicare ad. By governing so far to the left, Mr. Obama may have neutralized Mediscare and made voters more receptive to center-right solutions. Medicare is already changing because it must. The difference this year is that Republicans have a plan to save it.

***

“He encourages me. Erskine [Bowles] and I felt he was one of the sharpest guys we dealt with,” Simpson said on Fox News. “He doesn’t have to have a staff member there feeding him stuff and little memos. He can go a half an hour without a note. He knows the issues.”…

“He also said to us — I think a year and a half ago — you know, ‘If we can’t get something done in America, there’s no need for me to smash my head into the wall around here, I have things to do back in Wisconsin,’” Simpson recalled. “And now, this thing [the GOP vice presidential nomination] comes to him, I don’t think he was seeking it, but let me tell you, he becomes a spokesman of hard truth against fakery.”

***

Republicans should keep this picture in mind. There’s a woman on a porch in eastern Ohio and she has a dog and likes guns and supports the NRA and sees herself as more or less conservative. She assumed she’d vote for Romney and not that big loser in the White House. But she’s hearing about Ryan and she’s hearing the word “cuts.” She knows spending is out of control and she’s worried about deficits and debt. But she’s on disability and her husband’s illness is being handled by Medicare, and she’s wondering: “Do these guys really understand my life? Do they know how it is for us?” She’s getting concerned, and not only for herself but her neighbors and friends. People are not just protective of themselves, they’re loyal to others.

Ryan is associated with the word cutting. Republicans will have to make people believe the word to associate with him is “saving,” that the Romney-Ryan ticket wants to save entitlement programs that aren’t sustainable, that will in time collapse unless we impose ruinous taxes or continue with ruinous deficits…

Republicans should do their own spot, now — one that’s comic and sweet. Grandma in the wheelchair is speeding on a downward slope toward a cliff. She looks terrified. Suddenly a young guy who looks like Clark Kent—that is, like Paul Ryan—springs forward, puts his body between the wheelchair and the edge, and stops it. She looks up at him, smiles, touches his face with her hand. He smiles, turns the chair around and begins to push her back to safety. “Romney-Ryan. Trying to get things back on firm ground.”

***

At the very least, the Friday event shows that the pick of Ryan has given the GOP grassroots a shot in the arm. Every random Republican voter approached by the Examiner said a variation of the following: Romney was not their first choice, but the Ryan pick laid their lingering qualms to rest.

“He’s got it all,” said Betty-Ann Olson, a self-described Tea Party activist, of Ryan. “I am very pleased.”

“It’s a great choice: I don’t have any doubts,” said Dale Dunn, a former Newt Gingrich supporter.

***

“Well, I certainly agree that it is a proposal, a serious proposal.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Plus the GOP/Romney SuperPAC’s will be relentless!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Some tuneage for you Dire!

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Plus the GOP/Romney SuperPAC’s will be relentless!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Yup. They were bigger tv ad buyers this summer than Romney, and essentially were the ones who kept him in the game. And they have LOTS more to spend.

de rigueur on August 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

John the Libertarian on August 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Very nice!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

He was facing opposition…so he left.

RedCrow on August 18, 2012 at 12:43 AM

That’s a relief, I was worried it was the tune I cued up for him. ; )

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

…yeah uh huh!..then I think DWS is a sex goddess!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Dude, that is just wrong… I will need lots of therapy after that :)

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

..then I think DWS is a sex goddess!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I think maybe that’s been the problem for the Japanese…

de rigueur on August 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Flora Duh on August 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM

when I remember his melt down on that thread, I envision the Garage Fight scene from “Fight Club” …

… with angryed just pummeling the carp out of himself.

PolAgnostic on August 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Night Owl on August 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Thanks Night Owl. Nice tune but the art work was the best.

There is just enough room in my blow up pool for me and my blow up doll Oprah.

So much to inflate, so little time. (:

Ok there is now room for B9 and Jackie and you, my Oprah sized doll sprung a leak.

SparkPlug on August 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

That’s a relief, I was worried it was the tune I cued up for him. ; )

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

It was … he’s curled up in a corner trying to figure it out.

;->

PolAgnostic on August 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

You are very inspiring!..:)

PS..I have always thought this song was so cool!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

…the only problem is…I’m serious.

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM

SparkPlug on August 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM
On the plus size side, you can always use her for patches …

PolAgnostic on August 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Very nice!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

SparkPlug on August 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Thank you, Spark, nice of you to think of me!:)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

…the only problem is…I’m serious.

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Yes, on topic…and if you’re a serious person that’s ok too.

I generally am very serious too. However, I smile at many of your comments becauase they’re so good.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I remember that day. I was sad for him. I liked him.

Night Owl on August 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

No pity from me for that worthless one. I was glad to see him go.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

On the plus size side, you can always use her for patches …

PolAgnostic on August 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Leave Nixon’s dog out of this :P

seriously, that or he could make another pool :)

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

So Bmore, Dire, RC, Koolaid, and all what is the musical theme tonight, what’s my motivation… I have been on a convention binge so far, I need guidance :)

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

SparkPlug on August 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

LOL- Pool tip: In those type pools, you don’t want to leave the water in for too long. It will get slimy on the bottom which makes it a safety hazard. Your child could go flying, fall down face first into the water and hold you responsible for some reason. Don’t ask how I know this. Just be careful.

Night Owl on August 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

PS..I have always thought this song was so cool!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

A lot of folks don’t care for them. I always have. I remember buying this one just because I thought the cover was clever. I got home and placed it on the turntable and this little hi fidelity tune sang out. It’s was lovely.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I saw earlier where someone mentioned angryed so I decided to take a stroll down memory lane. Man, that last thread he was in was brutal.

He had been an overly angry idiot the entire thread, but this was the beginning of his eventual meltdown, after which he hasn’t been heard from since.

You lived on a military base in San Diego. That’s not living in SD. You were surrounded by right wing savages. For all intents and purposes a military base is the backwoods.

angryed on May 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Flora Duh on August 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Isn’t that about the time JJ Jr went into hiding rehab.

RickB on August 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

…well, your one of my mentors then…you took a break for a period of time when I could only lurk…and a number of veterans that are ‘taking a break’…better get their organs back here!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

PolAgnostic on August 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Lol! We can only hope. He’s probably thinking, okay so which one did Bmore think I was?

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Well, Allahs tag line was serious.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I always had a soft spot for this one

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Excellent!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Yet you’d prefer Obama win this time, too, despite what he’s done to destroy the country. Mind boggling.

And you need to review your recent history. The House was in Democrat hands when ObamaCare was rammed through, as was the Senate…the GOP didn’t get the majority in the House until January of ’11, and still don’t have one in the Senate. And who cares if they don’t like Romney? How is that relevant?

changer1701 on August 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yes I fear Ronmey could be far more than Obama.

At least we all know Obama is a Wolf. Romney is in sheeps clothing but underneath every bit the Marxist Obama is. His Marxist record in Mass makes that more than obvious to any that have any idea what Marxism actually is and how they plan to make America Marxist.

This does feel like a dream. In 2010 the Tea Party gives the House to the Republicans to stop Obama Care. Not only do they refuse to in any way stop or slow it down they then put the person who got it at the State Level on the Republican Ticket and nominate him. This is not at all debatable it is the truth and all acknowlege it as truth. Well some idiots argue Romney is different only real difference is State not Federal.

Now all these people that bought Romney the nomination with ads that were 95% lies try to tell us Romney is a Conservative Republican when they can not name a single Conservative he ever accomplished in his life and he called himself “Liberal Moderate”, “Progressive” and “Not a Republican” when he became Governor in 2002.

They think Mitt will win running against Obama. Not for Mitt just against Obama.

They think the same people that voted in a Republican majority to get rid of Obama Care will now vote in the Person that first implemented it in Mass. Because he says he will repeal it and replace it with Romney Care. No one actually believes he will repeal it though. He is not fooling anyone.

But sure I am the one that needs medication.

If Mitt loses the base he loses period. If the base does not come out in big numbers and actually pull the lever for Mitt he loses. Well they will come out in every place that has a conservative candidate and pull their lever but they will not pull Mitts. Mitt still has a long ways to go to convince them to do so. This election will probably set a record for how many do not vote on the Presidential line.

The Tea Party will eventually get enough in the House and Senate that the Establishment will either join or bolt the party. But they will stop this Progressive movement forward to communism.

Steveangell on August 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

They went gulching, in apathy or in disgust.

Maybe in the fall more will return.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Oh no… its back!

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Thumbs up!..Don’t forget this one!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

No pity from me for that worthless one. I was glad to see him go.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I think the strain of the Romney wars drove him over the edge. He was perfectly normal before that happened. I saw csdeven (?) today. Hadn’t seen that person in months.

Night Owl on August 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Steveangell on August 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

This might help you Steve

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Steve’s addressing his action figure collection.

wargamer6 on August 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I gave up!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Thumbs up!..Don’t forget this one!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

or maybe this one?

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Steve, you should be happy about Ryan, anyway.

Alana on August 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Dire, did you learn to play them drums yet?

wargamer6 on August 18, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I gave up!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

And now for something completely different, don’t know why this comes to mind when Steve is back posting. :)

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Steveangell on August 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

…did you just read what you wrote?…your whole house must be filled with narcotics!
If they ever do go to Face Book here…we’ll all be gone…but in 5 minutes I’ll have the DEA at your house so fast…you’ll be sharing soap in the shower with Jerry Sandusky for the next 50 years!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Night Owl on August 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I watched him deteriorate. As for me I ignored him, until one morning on a military thread, I ignored him no more. csdeven and I started out a bit rough, I always felt like it may have been because of all the new personalitys at once. We get along well. Tunes swapping I think was what made the difference one evening late.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:32 AM

This might help you Steve

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Looks like we have him pegged as a Floyd fan. Well if nothing else we will have enjoyed some Floyd. ; )

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Magic Dance

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I thought it appropriate ;)

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Very good!..But you may turn..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Don’t forget as a backup, you have , cheese shop.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Magic Dance

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Love that movie, kids love that movie.

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

wargamer6 on August 18, 2012 at 1:27 AM

lolz..I’m working on it!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

This election will probably set a record for how many do not vote on the Presidential line….

Steveangell on August 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

…and then ma Mooch will then have to learn how to cook…and come out with a book of recipes on the many ways to cook dog!

KOOLAID2 on August 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

More like the USSR than the U.S.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Me, too. It reminds me of the people I work with!:)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Very good!..But you may turn..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

or you might, like Odumbo, be hearing this while he listens to Romney! ;)

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I remember that Hagler Duran fight, good one, two great fighters.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Let’s Dance

Because the theme is ‘serious’…how about some SERIOUS MOONLIGHT?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Bmore, when did you join HA?

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Don’t forget as a backup, you have , cheese shop.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

or this.

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

More like the USSR than the U.S.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

May all their careers leave with 0 . The entire lot of them. Fluffers!

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Come November 6, 2012, Obama is going to feel like Custer did on June 25, 1876.

VorDaj on August 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

They might be seeing some of the cracks by now.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bmore, when did you join HA?

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

First open reg, last fall.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Let’s Dance

Because the theme is ‘serious’…how about some SERIOUS MOONLIGHT?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Well, we could always get serious with this.

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

or this.

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Classic. Lol!

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Very good!..Ready for an oldie since you mentioned the moonlight??!!??..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Let’s Dance

Because the theme is ‘serious’…how about some SERIOUS MOONLIGHT?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

or maybe you would prefer this?

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will be the quintessential Americans like George Patton and Joe DiMaggio. They will attack the usurping tyrant boldly on all fronts and at all times and at this this they will not flag nor fail. They will never succumb to the siren call of the regime’s propaganda ministers that will permeate the television waves. They will not bargain with this tyrant and his propaganda ministers and gutter rats. They will not try to reason with them as the tyrant and his gaggle of lying lackeys and deranged dingbats will grant no quarter for them and if they can, they will destroy them and their families and all of America without remorse. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will follow the tyrant Hussein Louie Benito Hugo Isuzu Obama to the inmost recesses of his mind and make him fear and dread the very sight and sound of them. Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will never let up and they will make the Child Emperor’s fear of them permeate his thoughts from when he rises in the morning until he retires at night, where he will be allowed only a brief respite in between his nightmares as his day of reckoning approaches.

VorDaj on August 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

They might be seeing some of the cracks by now.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Too late, amongst informed folks their careers are ruined.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

rofl..Thumbs up!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Very nice. I like that one, too.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Good evening, Dire! That’s so obscure, and I’m so tired, for a second there, I thought I was hallucinating! LOL! Where did you find that?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

How about THIS ?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Bmore, when did you join HA?

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM

First open reg, last fall.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Why? You and Electrongod were amongst the first to extend a friendly hand. Cindy, cozmo, Dire, …………….

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

rofl..Don’t ask..Remember this??..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

That’s interesting. Schadenfreude was the first to extend an olive branch to me, as well. I’ve never forgotten it, either.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

It’s still extended. Was just a thought.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

That one is boilerplate from Dire, have you never heard that one Jackie?

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Actually, I like that old tune.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

It was a wise move :)

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Very nice!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM

How about THIS ?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

You would fit this :)

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Which one? Moonlight Feels Right, or, My Maria?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I agree..It is a classic!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

It’s still extended. Was just a thought.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Well friend if or when you ever get to thinking its time for me to leave, let me know. I have asked Ed not to ban me but rather extend me the courtesy to leave on my own word. ; ) should I ever need to. Still though I do keep an eye on the email from time to time.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

LOL! Looks like you’ve got me! What gave me away?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Which one? Moonlight Feels Right, or, My Maria?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM

You are on fire!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

LOL! Looks like you’ve got me! What gave me away?

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Just cause I don’t always post or hang around, doesn’t mean that I’m not lurking :P

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

This might help you Steve

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I should link you to the Priest who plays their song backwards and makes them sound like they are worshiping Satan.

Do not much think that really true think you could do same with christian music if you tried hard enough.

But by the same token these Rock bands were part of the Marxist plan to turn America into a Marxist Country. It is no quiescence that drinking and whoring is at very high levels in Russia. That Hitler started free sex in his Youth camps. This is just part of Marxism.

Sure Barack has us on this path but the plan is much deeper than just Barack. Mitt was taught Marxism by the master Saul Alinsky. He actually met with the North Vietnamese to interpret for his dad in Paris then helped his dad run on a campaign that said America did the brainwashing and North Vietnam was the garden of eden or something wonderful. The Communist in America changed their name to Progressive a name Mitt admits to. I know the current lie it they are not communist but communist always hide who they are. Hugo does not admit he is a Communist for example. Even Putin claims he is not a Communist.

Mitt is worse because as a stealth communist in the Republican Party he could progress faster Forward (towards communism) than Obama at this point. He might be able to destroy the Republican Party and thus the biggest roadblock “Forward” the Tea Party by extension.

Steveangell on August 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

You know that I don’t believe in bannings. Better to have the fools in front of us.

You will leave when you decide to. We all will do so.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Good instincts and taste, well, at least in regards to you. Have no idea why as to me. ; )

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I think I wore this 45 out!!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Have no idea why as to me. ; )

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Me neither :)

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

You are on fire!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

For the longest time I thought uncommon and I were the only two Bowie heads here. Then Electrongod cued up Let’s Dance one evening. I was happy when I found out you liked Bowie too Dire.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

STEVEANGELL – doesn’t Paul Ryan make you happier?

Alana on August 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Me neither :)

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Lol, : )

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I’ve heard it before, but I’d never seen that particular video with it, and its been a long time since I’ve heard, too.

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Steveangell on August 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Unless I’m wrong, you support Gary Johnson, correct… how do you square that with Christianity.

Sorry all, yes I’m feeding, but when posters do quite follow what was meant, I do find it entertaining.

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I think I wore this 45 out!!..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Lol! It was mighty popular. : )

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I like Bowie..:)

Dire Straits on August 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Same great instincts with you I think! He rescued me in the midst of a firefight! :)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

uncommon sense on August 18, 2012 at 2:01 AM

AHA! I’ll take that under advisement! I’m keeping my eye on you. :)

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 2:09 AM

thatsafactjack on August 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

That’s one thing about Dire, he can certainly dust some off on you. Never ceases to amaze.

Bmore on August 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM