Quotes of the day

posted at 9:27 pm on August 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

The youngsters were running the show in Springfield, Va., on Friday, where 42-year-old Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan took the stage after being introduced by two 44-year-olds: Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli and former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis…

“We have a very serious choice to make,” Ryan told the crowd. “And what Mitt Romney is offering is to make a decision together.”…

“I heard the president talking about Medicare,” Ryan said. “We want this debate on Medicare. We want this debate, we need this debate and we’re gonna win this debate.”…

“Remember how President Obama used to say we aren’t the blue states or the red states, we’re the United States of America?” Ryan asked. “Remember when he said to put aside childish things and have an adult conversation? We’re still waiting for that adult conversation.”

***

[A]ides believe there is a way for Romney and Ryan to present a vision of fiscal discipline so starkly different than Obama’s as to provide voters a clear choice, even without all the details.

“At the end of the day,” Rhoades said, “the American people are going to have to decide: Do they want to clean up the mess right now, or do they want to wait another four years, when it’s even worse? Do they want business as usual or do they really want to tackle the big challenges for a change?”

A Romney campaign official added: “I know there are some people in Washington, D.C., that are scared to talk about Medicare. We’re not. We’ve got a million hits on Medicare. We’ll do it for as long as they want. Let’s do it. It’s policy, it’s substance, it’s the future.”

***

Adding credence to the GOP’s case: Polls conducted in 28 battleground districts for the National Republican Congressional Committee, obtained by National Journal, which suggest Republicans aren’t as vulnerable on the Medicare debate as the conventional wisdom suggests. Their pollsters tested both the Republican message on Ryan’s plan (Ryan’s plan doesn’t touch anyone over 55, preserves Medicare for future generations, invokes ObamaCare), and the Democratic message against it (end Medicare as we know it through voucher system, seniors pay more out of pocket, rates will go up). When the results of all 28 polls were aggregated together, the GOP argument prevailed 46 to 36 percent…

[I]t’s worth remembering that antipathy over Obama’s health care law was as responsible for the Democrats’ historic House losses in 2010 as the weak state of the economy. It’s notable that for Romney’s campaign, the state of the economy has taken a back seat to more ideological arguments in the wake of the Ryan selection — it’s much more consistent with the messages we heard from Congressional Republicans in 2010.

The Romney gamble: Obama’s health care law is even more unpopular than his record on the economy.

***

In a normal political year, the liberal Mediscare tom-toms might have scared Republicans from this issue, and Mr. Ryan probably would have remained an admired if sidelined Congressman. But Mr. Obama decided via the Affordable Care Act to remake the entire health-care system including Medicare, and thus he also changed the politics.

The destructive policy and unpopularity of ObamaCare have made Paul Ryan’s reform politically possible, meaning that voters may be open to hearing the real choice they face between command and control or private competition and more patient choice. Throw in the lousy economy and the Obama spending and debt binges, and the GOP this year has a chance to win a health-care debate if it goes on offense and contrasts its solutions to Mr. Obama’s.

That’s the real reason liberals and the press corps claim to be so upset by the Romney Medicare ad. By governing so far to the left, Mr. Obama may have neutralized Mediscare and made voters more receptive to center-right solutions. Medicare is already changing because it must. The difference this year is that Republicans have a plan to save it.

***

“He encourages me. Erskine [Bowles] and I felt he was one of the sharpest guys we dealt with,” Simpson said on Fox News. “He doesn’t have to have a staff member there feeding him stuff and little memos. He can go a half an hour without a note. He knows the issues.”…

“He also said to us — I think a year and a half ago — you know, ‘If we can’t get something done in America, there’s no need for me to smash my head into the wall around here, I have things to do back in Wisconsin,’” Simpson recalled. “And now, this thing [the GOP vice presidential nomination] comes to him, I don’t think he was seeking it, but let me tell you, he becomes a spokesman of hard truth against fakery.”

***

Republicans should keep this picture in mind. There’s a woman on a porch in eastern Ohio and she has a dog and likes guns and supports the NRA and sees herself as more or less conservative. She assumed she’d vote for Romney and not that big loser in the White House. But she’s hearing about Ryan and she’s hearing the word “cuts.” She knows spending is out of control and she’s worried about deficits and debt. But she’s on disability and her husband’s illness is being handled by Medicare, and she’s wondering: “Do these guys really understand my life? Do they know how it is for us?” She’s getting concerned, and not only for herself but her neighbors and friends. People are not just protective of themselves, they’re loyal to others.

Ryan is associated with the word cutting. Republicans will have to make people believe the word to associate with him is “saving,” that the Romney-Ryan ticket wants to save entitlement programs that aren’t sustainable, that will in time collapse unless we impose ruinous taxes or continue with ruinous deficits…

Republicans should do their own spot, now — one that’s comic and sweet. Grandma in the wheelchair is speeding on a downward slope toward a cliff. She looks terrified. Suddenly a young guy who looks like Clark Kent—that is, like Paul Ryan—springs forward, puts his body between the wheelchair and the edge, and stops it. She looks up at him, smiles, touches his face with her hand. He smiles, turns the chair around and begins to push her back to safety. “Romney-Ryan. Trying to get things back on firm ground.”

***

At the very least, the Friday event shows that the pick of Ryan has given the GOP grassroots a shot in the arm. Every random Republican voter approached by the Examiner said a variation of the following: Romney was not their first choice, but the Ryan pick laid their lingering qualms to rest.

“He’s got it all,” said Betty-Ann Olson, a self-described Tea Party activist, of Ryan. “I am very pleased.”

“It’s a great choice: I don’t have any doubts,” said Dale Dunn, a former Newt Gingrich supporter.

***

“Well, I certainly agree that it is a proposal, a serious proposal.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Duh?!? Who else?!?
Lol. Just kidding, Jackie–good find!

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

..great news form a charming lady! Thanks, ma’am!

The War Planner on August 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Eric Cantor.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Buzzkill. : (

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Do you think it’s different being in elected office in Massachusetts versus, say, Utah? His legislature was 80% something Democrat…you’re not going to get Tea Party-esque stuff through that. He vetoed plenty of stuff that was overridden by that same legislature.

But this isn’t about Romney. Obama is the focal point, this is a referendum on him. If you feel things haven’t been so bad, then by all means pull the lever for O. If you don’t, and think we can do better, than the choice is clear, regardless of the warts on Romney’s record. It’s that, or it’s Obama. Take your pick.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Link?

BacaDog on August 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Buzzkill. : (

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

It is the GOP we are talking about.

Why not Lindsay Graham?

Independents are not frightened of him./

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

No, he’s introducing Romney: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/14/new-jersey-gov-chris-christie-to-give-keynote-address-at-republican-national/

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

How about Douglas Wilder? That would be pretty funny. :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Kira Davis. That would be cool.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I would like Ted Cruz – but he’s already taken.

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Hell let me introduce him.

“Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce a man whose left little toe is smarter than Joe Biden. Paul Ryan!”

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

LALALA I CANNOT HEAR YOU PALIN PALINPALINPALIN!!!!

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Who do you hate worse. Palin or Obama.

Sure seems to me Palin.

How is this supposed to unite the party or get actual Conservative Republicans to vote for Mitt.

It just makes us want to piss in your drink.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Not anymore. Now it’s about Ryan’s medicare plan. Why Romney abandoned the initial strategy to focus on the economy is very difficult to understand and I think ultimately a huge mistake.

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Off topic, but there isn’t a running thread on voter IDs, and I wanted to share an experience I had today…

I have managed to accumulate a lot of scrap metal around the house… old wrought iron furniture, some aluminum shower trim, a bent tire rim, etc… and my wife wanted me to get rid of it. So I loaded it up in my pickup and took it down to the scrap yard.

Upon arrival, a guy in hardhat asked for my drivers license, asked the make and year of my truck, then scanned my ID with a hand-held device and scanned the tag on my truck. He then directed me to the scales, where I was asked for my license again, scanned, and sent down to a pile of steel to unload the ferrous stuff. Then, over to the main building to drop the aluminum, where my ID was scanned again. Then that guy handed my license to another guy, who scanned it yet again, then asked me to step into a photo booth to have my picture taken, with my license inserted into the camera, apparently to shoot my face and license simultaneously. Then it was off to the pay window, where I was again photographed, had my license scanned, gave a signature on an electronic pad, and submitted to a THUMB SCAN. The only thing missing was a burly TSA agent groping my package.

One thing I noticed was that in jeans, a Hawaiian shirt, and clean white Nikes, I was the cleanest and best-dressed guy there… there were some “working guys”, plumbers and electricians and so forth, but 80 percent of the people there looked like alcoholics, bums, and homeless people, dragging in bags of soda cans, folding chairs, and old skillets to score a little beer money. All these guys had the necessary ID to get their beer money, so one can only assume that none of them are being disenfranchised by Governor Scott’s desire to purge the voter rolls of dead people and felons in Florida.

Bottom line? If Sterno bums can get the ID to recycle old AC radiators, I think they are ready to vote. It is much more difficult and intrusive to sell a bent lawn mower blade than it is to vote. Your mileage may vary…

PointnClick on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Hell let me introduce him.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Oh yeah, and then I’d do a *clink.* :D

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Scott Walker?

KCB on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Interesting, Good Evening KCB. ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM

War planner
did you get what I sent you??????

Howdy Red Crow
Good to *see* ya ……..;-)

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

New Shimmer is a floor wax!

massrighty on August 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Who do you hate worse. Palin or Obama.

Sure seems to me Palin.

It just makes us want to piss in your drink.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

You talking to me?

(look side to side)

You talking to me?

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Since we keep talking about the convention, and my earlier tweak was missed, how about this?

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Reread my post. I covered that. Mitt moved to Mass so he could win as a Liberal Moderate Progressive.

Mitt understood too. Why he chose Mass over Utah.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Good evening, B.

Marco Rubio has been selected to introduce Paul Ryan at the GOP convention.

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Evening Jackie. ; ) WaPo has Rubio to intro for Romney.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Not about Romney?

So you do not want Republicans to vote for Romney.

Fine I will spread the word. Mitt does not want Conservatives votes.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Kira Davis. That would be cool.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Hmmm. Maybe the Democrats could pick that @$$hat from MSNBC to speak at their trainwreck of a convention?

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

many liberals had hoped for

and conservatives had feared.
(More…)

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

And non-socialists rejoice.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

cozmo:Yup,and I’ll add ProgressiveTards to da mix!:)

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Shouldn’t you be in bed by now? After all, you’re supposed to carry a rider down the Bright Angel Trail to Phantom Ranch in the morning.

Hee-Haw.

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

KCB on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Well… I DID… twice… but just in case it got lost in the thread I posted it again. :)

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Me?

Me?

growfins?

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I miss grow_brains.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

PointnClick on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Wow, just wow… but your story did make me laugh, although I imagine at the time you weren’t feeling so humorous.

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

The GOP will betray yoy!..:)

The GOPe will betray you!!..For the true cons..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Well, people were clamoring for him to give people a choice…I saw a lot of that here, in fact. Give people something to vote for. And now he has. I think it helps strengthen the contrast between the two tickets, especially since they’ve gone on offense over Medicare, and gives credence to the notion that they have solutions, not just more of the same.

We’ll see how it works out, but if they continue to pound away on the economy while pushing their agenda they’ve got a decent shot.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Howdy Red Crow
Good to *see* ya ……..;-)

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

You too, mike.
Let’s try this one.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Toure’ ?

Or whatever he calls himself. Excellent idea. Go for it dims.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Not about Romney?

So you do not want Republicans to vote for Romney.

Fine I will spread the word. Mitt does not want Conservatives votes.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I have to agree. To get enough votes, people have to believe that they’re voting for something instead of against something.
Even as terrible as Obama & the Democrats are.
So the messaging from the Republicans needs to be framed accordingly.

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Heh. I love your ‘grading’ libdieorfree.

But after reading every comment from that ear;ier thread, I have come to the conclusion that it is cur6.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Good evening, B. Yes.. so does FOX and CNN, etc.

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Omaha conservative
With all do respect to you, when I first came here Angryed was ok, I messed with him he messed with me. Then something happened, every time I saw him he was craping all over someone or something. If he was your friend I would be very worried about him. So as I say I would not want him around me or anyone I know…………

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Fine I will spread the word. Mitt does not want Conservatives votes.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Carry on kook!..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

War planner
did you get what I sent you??????

Howdy Red Crow
Good to *see* ya ……..;-)

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

angrymike:Evening AM,are firing on all cylinders,er,tonight:)

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I miss grow_brains.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Lol! You miss a lot of folks. ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

The GOP will betray yoy!..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

The GOP will not betray YOY!

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Seniors aren’t as stupid as you lefties think sucker. Most know that medicare needs fixed. Just watch Ryan at The Villages; you lefties will be receiving a smackdown.

kenny on August 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Evening Dire! ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

These things are certainly connected. The untenable economy is the issue. Entitlements are, of course, main issues.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Lol! You miss a lot of folks. ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I do. Most people here are worth remembering. Even trolls. Or maybe ‘specially trolls.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Not about Romney?

So you do not want Republicans to vote for Romney.

Fine I will spread the word. Mitt does not want Conservatives votes.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

This is a referendum on Obama…where do you get that means Republicans shouldn’t vote for Romney?

Nevermind, I couldn’t care less at this point. You ABRs have convinced yourselves that we’re better off with Obama, and there’s no point in arguing with the irrational mind that would come to that conclusion.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Carry on kook!..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Dire Straits:

****************The KOOKS WILL BE_TRAY YOU *******************:)
(sarc).

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Carry on kook!..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

this might have helped

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

You’re a simplistic twit. If you don’t think this is still about the economy…mediscare is just the cherry on top. ES you willing dupe. You posted that same line earlier…ARE YOU GETTING PAID TO DO THIS???

CW on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Whatever. I am sick to death of people running a triathalon with road barriers to defend why they just can’t vote for Mitt Romney. I just don’t care what your reasons are anymore. If you can’t see the plain difference between a future with Barack Obama’s policies vs Mitt Romney then you can’t be helped.

1nolibgal on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yeah, I think Steve likes Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, so…

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

PointnClick on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Have to hand it to you.

This is the best argument I have ever seen on debunking Voter ID laws.

Indeed if a homeless mentally ill person has no problem getting ID why is ID a problem to vote?

These are the very same people they point to. Even though the laws go to great length to make sure getting ID is as easy to get as possible and generally free to get for the poor.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Brayam has its talking points…it will march on like the useful idiot it is. Pathetic.

CW on August 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

1nolibgal on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Lol. You’re now in the club.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

No, what’s happening is RR are innoculating themselves against mediscaring. They will then attack on the economy and jobs.

Same method that won NV-02.

Uncledave on August 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

CW on August 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I see. Thanks. Tiring.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I miss grow_brains.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Masochist

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Yeah, I think Steve likes Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, so…

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

He said something one time about hoping Obama would win so we could impeach him next term or whatever. I’ve no idea what sense it makes to let him win this time just to supposedly remove him later (and for what, I have no idea), but that’s an ABR for you :)

Whatever. Tired of arguing with them.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Masochist

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

But I really miss getalife and pooptech.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Just for you Lanceman. ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

NOPE

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Whatever. Tired of arguing with them.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Heck, some people here like the ABR nutballs more than those who mock them.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Unlike so many I genuinely long for and believe that the dream of a Camelot that my mother and fathers generation believed John F Kennedy would produce is within our grasp… But it will not come from those evil asshl0es who follow Karl Marx’s ideologies…

SWalker on August 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I lived through the “Camelot” years. They were only an illusion.

The “Best and the Brightest” made numerous policy mistakes (Bay of Pigs, JFK’s meeting with Kruschev, Viet Nam) that haunted this country for years. As revealed this year, JFK was a misogynistic pimp.

Life was scarier and even more uncertain than now. Environmental issues had yet to come to the fore and the air, water and earth were despoiled. Women were treated as second class citizens and were openly mocked by news anchors who later learned to be “politically correct” hypocrites (i.e. some of the major liberals).

I am not trying to rain or your parade. If anything, I am trying to emphasize the last paragraph’s promise and ability to be realized is at hand.

We now have multiple models of American cars that put cleaner air out of the tailpipe than they take in. As reported yesterday, exploiting our domestic resources of natural gas is driving CO2 levels down purely from a market perspective.

We have technology in hand which has changed our perception of the world. We have technology starting to come on line which would change the world more than everything we have seen in the last thrity years (e.g. graphene but there dozens more).

We have a brighter future we can realize in the next decade … and all we have to do is to make some adult decisions in the next year and turn our backs on the President who only has fear and anger and hate as his campaign’s strategy.

It is time to let go of past illusions and the current legacy of lies.

It is time to recommit ourselves to achieving legacies of great accomplishments starting NOW.

PolAgnostic on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

“Where the hell am I?”

predator on August 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

“I’m in the kitchen and I’m not walking out.”

- Charlie “WTF?” Rangel

“Why am I holding these? Where am I?”

- Cynthia McKinney

Resist We Much on August 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

thatsafactjack:Must I do all the work around here…..(Snark):)
================================================================

Mitt Romney to be Introduced by Marco Rubio at Convention
Published August 14, 2012
***************************

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Whatever. Tired of arguing with them.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

That has to be the single worst idea I have ever heard.

Good grief.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Whatever. Tired of arguing with them.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Yeah. Give it up, dude. That message NEVER changes. (Are they actual third-party folks…are they Odumbo voters?) No one knows, but it’s clear that we can’t take them seriously.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Romney HAD to address Medicare because he knew that that was the issue that Democrats were going to hammer.

By going on the attack he has (so far) successfully made what was once thought a minus into a huge plus. Not only that, but he has pretty much completely thwarted the Dem’s attempt to use it against him. Obama is now left to wail about dogs and tax returns.

Now that the Dem’s primary weapon has been turned against them, Romney will be free to bring the economy back into the picture.

I think what Romney and Ryan have done was gutsy and masterful and will likely become a moment remembered and studied by future generations.

Religious_Zealot on August 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Canopfor
Howdy Canada, yep took the day off, all cylinders are firing…………;-)

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

CW on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

What? Medicare is part of the economy? You can’t possibly believe that! The libs all tell me that Medicare is part of sweet, compassionate government largesse, while the economy, that’s just about all those icky capitalists!

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I will vote for Mitt if someone could convince me he was a Conservative Republican. But so far no one can point to a single conservative action in his life. Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Speaking only for myself, I don’t care how you vote. We all have a vote and they all have the same value. I see no profit in trying to convince someone else how to vote when the choices are so obvious. How you vote is your business. I don’t care to hear about it.

a capella on August 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

you lefties will be receiving a smackdown.

kenny on August 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Hear Hear! ; ) We’re saving all our smack downs for the ones who deserve it. Cheers kenny!

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

They did, except for ABR nutballs.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

LMAO

Resist We Much on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

War planner
did you get what I sent you??????
angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Mike, I did not. Sorry.

(again thewarplanner at gmail)

The War Planner on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Sorry… its ROMNEY that RUBIO will introduce. My error.

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

As revealed this year, JFK was a misogynistic pimp.

Just because somebody sells massages, doesn’t make them a pimp!

Being a massagenist is a respectable profession!/

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Hey bro.

SparkPlug on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

1nolibgal on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yeah, I think Steve likes Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, so…

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM

You say Ron Paul or Garry Johnson I see Mitt Romney and Obama. He is far more like them than me. All are very liberal on social issues my main concern.

I am just a member of the Conservative Republican base. I vote straight party line every election with very few exceptions. I do not vote for anyone I do not know for example. John Smith won once because of his name I will not do that.

If you think I am alone you are very mistaken. Half of Americans do not vote. Many Republicans will not vote. Mitt absolutely will lose if he thinks he can make this election only about Obama. Mitt has to win peoples votes to win. They will not vote for Obama but they will not vote for Mitt for no good reason.

I voted for McCain and now regret that vote. I should have stood on principal and not voted for him. I swore I would not be fooled twice.

Interesting that no one can point to a single Conservative thing Mitt has done. Tells you everything really.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Heck, some people here like the ABR nutballs more than those who mock them.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

The main reason why the Palin threads are so painful to me. Some folks, not necessarily Palin-ites, are WAY TOO DEVOTED to their “selected” pol.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

But I really miss getalife and pooptech.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Any experts in the house who can show Lanceman how to search for his favorite trolls’ posting history?

So we don’t have to keep hearing his bellyaches.

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Rubio will have to introduce Mitt cause Dave won’t be there.

SparkPlug on August 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

LOL! Yeah, okay fella.
Vote however the f— you want. See you in December.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Cheers

kenny on August 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

If its okay with everyone. I’m liking the sound of the Dr., Whoopee.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Gotta hit the rack. Long day at the races tomorrow. If I win, I’ll buy y’all a drink.

Later.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Heck, some people here like the ABR nutballs more than those who mock them.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I could like them, if they were nice people. I don’t seem to see that often though.

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Never get devoted to any politician, they will betray you…eventually.

I don’t mind hard core Palinistas so much. My aunt was yellow dog democrat until she came along. Now she is republican.

Even the most hard core Palin admirer does not teach kids to march and sing songs about her. Or have creepy cult of personality type posters of her.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

If I win, I’ll buy y’all a drink.

Later.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Don’t let Steve piss in it.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Being a massagenist is a respectable profession!/

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha…. or, LMAO.

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Those comments would not be relevant today. The days of W., McLame/Palin are over.

I wanna know that the adults are in charge, ‘cons!

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Maybe they can find the one where grow fins was making sexual innuendos towards my wife and daughter. Almost got me banned.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Barak Insane Obama

Mm mm mm

He said that something something

Something something

Equal work for equal pay

Barak Insane Obama

Mm mm mm

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

He’s not an ABR. He’s a moby. Here’s an excerpt of his filth from three months ago.

America has become corrupt from top to bottom. A country will destroy its self when 50% of the citizens are convinced they can live off the other 50%. Yet here we are. Americans voting their pocketbook for free everything. A media that is just a piece of the DNC. I see very little difference than the horror stories about the USSR. The communist have beat America without firing a shot. Either we wake up or they will pull the final few levers of power and we will wake up when the death squads start.

Steveangell on May 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

He is beneath contempt

PolAgnostic on August 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

ood evening friend!..:)

PS..Happy TGIF to you and yours!..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

So we don’t have to keep hearing his bellyaches.

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

He has been here long enough to know how, it just brings up sad memories LOL! :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Of course, I don’t mean to be snarky towards you, cosmo, but what you said is EXACTLY what I was talking about.

PS–Whoever you give your liberty to is NOT worth it.

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Just because somebody sells massages, doesn’t make them a pimp!

Being a massagenist is a respectable profession!/