Quotes of the day

posted at 9:27 pm on August 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

The youngsters were running the show in Springfield, Va., on Friday, where 42-year-old Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan took the stage after being introduced by two 44-year-olds: Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli and former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis…

“We have a very serious choice to make,” Ryan told the crowd. “And what Mitt Romney is offering is to make a decision together.”…

“I heard the president talking about Medicare,” Ryan said. “We want this debate on Medicare. We want this debate, we need this debate and we’re gonna win this debate.”…

“Remember how President Obama used to say we aren’t the blue states or the red states, we’re the United States of America?” Ryan asked. “Remember when he said to put aside childish things and have an adult conversation? We’re still waiting for that adult conversation.”

***

[A]ides believe there is a way for Romney and Ryan to present a vision of fiscal discipline so starkly different than Obama’s as to provide voters a clear choice, even without all the details.

“At the end of the day,” Rhoades said, “the American people are going to have to decide: Do they want to clean up the mess right now, or do they want to wait another four years, when it’s even worse? Do they want business as usual or do they really want to tackle the big challenges for a change?”

A Romney campaign official added: “I know there are some people in Washington, D.C., that are scared to talk about Medicare. We’re not. We’ve got a million hits on Medicare. We’ll do it for as long as they want. Let’s do it. It’s policy, it’s substance, it’s the future.”

***

Adding credence to the GOP’s case: Polls conducted in 28 battleground districts for the National Republican Congressional Committee, obtained by National Journal, which suggest Republicans aren’t as vulnerable on the Medicare debate as the conventional wisdom suggests. Their pollsters tested both the Republican message on Ryan’s plan (Ryan’s plan doesn’t touch anyone over 55, preserves Medicare for future generations, invokes ObamaCare), and the Democratic message against it (end Medicare as we know it through voucher system, seniors pay more out of pocket, rates will go up). When the results of all 28 polls were aggregated together, the GOP argument prevailed 46 to 36 percent…

[I]t’s worth remembering that antipathy over Obama’s health care law was as responsible for the Democrats’ historic House losses in 2010 as the weak state of the economy. It’s notable that for Romney’s campaign, the state of the economy has taken a back seat to more ideological arguments in the wake of the Ryan selection — it’s much more consistent with the messages we heard from Congressional Republicans in 2010.

The Romney gamble: Obama’s health care law is even more unpopular than his record on the economy.

***

In a normal political year, the liberal Mediscare tom-toms might have scared Republicans from this issue, and Mr. Ryan probably would have remained an admired if sidelined Congressman. But Mr. Obama decided via the Affordable Care Act to remake the entire health-care system including Medicare, and thus he also changed the politics.

The destructive policy and unpopularity of ObamaCare have made Paul Ryan’s reform politically possible, meaning that voters may be open to hearing the real choice they face between command and control or private competition and more patient choice. Throw in the lousy economy and the Obama spending and debt binges, and the GOP this year has a chance to win a health-care debate if it goes on offense and contrasts its solutions to Mr. Obama’s.

That’s the real reason liberals and the press corps claim to be so upset by the Romney Medicare ad. By governing so far to the left, Mr. Obama may have neutralized Mediscare and made voters more receptive to center-right solutions. Medicare is already changing because it must. The difference this year is that Republicans have a plan to save it.

***

“He encourages me. Erskine [Bowles] and I felt he was one of the sharpest guys we dealt with,” Simpson said on Fox News. “He doesn’t have to have a staff member there feeding him stuff and little memos. He can go a half an hour without a note. He knows the issues.”…

“He also said to us — I think a year and a half ago — you know, ‘If we can’t get something done in America, there’s no need for me to smash my head into the wall around here, I have things to do back in Wisconsin,’” Simpson recalled. “And now, this thing [the GOP vice presidential nomination] comes to him, I don’t think he was seeking it, but let me tell you, he becomes a spokesman of hard truth against fakery.”

***

Republicans should keep this picture in mind. There’s a woman on a porch in eastern Ohio and she has a dog and likes guns and supports the NRA and sees herself as more or less conservative. She assumed she’d vote for Romney and not that big loser in the White House. But she’s hearing about Ryan and she’s hearing the word “cuts.” She knows spending is out of control and she’s worried about deficits and debt. But she’s on disability and her husband’s illness is being handled by Medicare, and she’s wondering: “Do these guys really understand my life? Do they know how it is for us?” She’s getting concerned, and not only for herself but her neighbors and friends. People are not just protective of themselves, they’re loyal to others.

Ryan is associated with the word cutting. Republicans will have to make people believe the word to associate with him is “saving,” that the Romney-Ryan ticket wants to save entitlement programs that aren’t sustainable, that will in time collapse unless we impose ruinous taxes or continue with ruinous deficits…

Republicans should do their own spot, now — one that’s comic and sweet. Grandma in the wheelchair is speeding on a downward slope toward a cliff. She looks terrified. Suddenly a young guy who looks like Clark Kent—that is, like Paul Ryan—springs forward, puts his body between the wheelchair and the edge, and stops it. She looks up at him, smiles, touches his face with her hand. He smiles, turns the chair around and begins to push her back to safety. “Romney-Ryan. Trying to get things back on firm ground.”

***

At the very least, the Friday event shows that the pick of Ryan has given the GOP grassroots a shot in the arm. Every random Republican voter approached by the Examiner said a variation of the following: Romney was not their first choice, but the Ryan pick laid their lingering qualms to rest.

“He’s got it all,” said Betty-Ann Olson, a self-described Tea Party activist, of Ryan. “I am very pleased.”

“It’s a great choice: I don’t have any doubts,” said Dale Dunn, a former Newt Gingrich supporter.

***

“Well, I certainly agree that it is a proposal, a serious proposal.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

So says my fellow Palin lover.

TXMomof3 on August 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Doug Wilder? Heh.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

No. Joe Biden.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the next vice president of the United States of America, a fine democrat from North Carolina, Paul Ryan!”

“Wait! What? Did I get that wrong? Where the hell am I?”

predator on August 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot – Here in Whorelando, I see Rmoney signs popping up all over. Even in Hispanicville.

I have yet to see one barky sign.

Coupla stickers and that is about all.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Don’t hate…mock. Its better for your well being.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Yep. And hatred is unChristian…

OmahaConservative on August 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Love her or hate her, there isn’t a bigger more well branded name than Palin. Maybe they will have the stones to do it. Ratings Bonanza if they do. HeII, I’ll double up on donations just to see the heads explode around here. ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Settle down and don’t think he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Or fried dog.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

How ’bout sliced fried dog?

It tastes like fried pork tenderloin. Or so I’ve heard.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM

They would be fools to leave her out of it entirely. The only caveat would be if she decides she doesn’t want any part of it. And that’s hard to imagine.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Agreed, it would be Schweet on so many levels. ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Not dumb at all. Rubio is introducing Romney and I thought Christie was to intro Ryan. I just looked it up and cannot confirm. I guess we still don’t know yet.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Christie is the keynote speaker. Jindal introduces Ryan is what I heard but I don’t know if that’s true.

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM

predator on August 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

She ain’t petty.

Or stupid.

Or BiteMe.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM

In case anyone missed this,….THE DUELLING EMAILS!!

Campaign Managers Exchange Emails About Romney’s Tax Returns
8:54 AM, Aug 17, 2012
*********************

President Obama’s campaign manager, Jim Messina, sent an email this morning to Mitt Romney’s campaign manager, Matt Rhoades, asking for Romney to release his tax returns. In an email back to Messina, Rhoades writes, “If Governor Romney’s tax returns are the core message of your campaign, there will be ample time for President Obama to discuss them over the next 81 days.”

Here’s the full exchange:

From: Matt Rhoades
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 8:47 AM

To: Jim Messina
Subject: RE: Letter regarding Governor Romney’s Tax Returns

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the note.

It is clear that President Obama wants nothing more than to talk about Governor Romney’s tax returns instead of the issues that matter to voters, like putting Americans back to work, fixing the economy and reining in spending.

In the meantime, Governor Romney will continue to lay out his plans for a stronger middle class, to save Medicare, to put work back into welfare, and help the 23 million Americans struggling to find work in the Obama economy.

See you in Denver.

———————————————————

August 17, 2012

Matt Rhoades

585 Commercial Street

Boston, Massachusetts 02109

Dear Matt:

I am writing to ask again that the Governor release multiple years of tax returns, but also to make an offer that should address his concerns about the additional disclosures. Governor Romney apparently fears that the more he offers, the more our campaign will demand that he provide. So I am prepared to provide assurances on just that point: if the Governor will release five years of returns, I commit in turn that we will not criticize him for not releasing more–neither in ads nor in other public communications or commentary for the rest of the campaign.

This request for the release of five years, covering the complete returns for 2007-2012, is surely not unreasonable. Other Presidential candidates have released more, including the Governor’s father who provided 12 years of returns. In the Governor’s case, a five year release would appropriately span all the years that he has been a candidate for President. It would also help answer outstanding questions raised by the one return he has released to date, such as the range in the effective rates paid, the foreign accounts maintained, the foreign investments made, and the types of tax shelters used.

To provide these five years, the Governor would have to release only three more sets of returns in addition to the 2010 return he has released and the 2011 return he has pledged to provide. And, I repeat, the Governor and his campaign can expect in return that we will refrain from questioning whether he has released enough or pressing for more.

I look forward to your reply.

Jim Messina

Obama for America Campaign Manager
==================================

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Lanceman
The rumor in the family is uncle Angryed thinks Romney will be elected, so he packed his s*it and moved to Brazil. Rumor has it he doesn’t want to be in the USA when Romney turns into a full tilt libtard after the election ……….But it’s just a family rumor……..;-D

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

gg, your dumb question ends up being the most titillating of the day. Thanks! ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

It’s insane to believe that the GOP will win a debate on Medicare, not when the AARP and other voices that seniors respect and trust are adamantly opposed to the Ryan plan.

bayam on August 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Ahen, perhaps you missed this quote from above:

Then there’s this poll that was released yesterday:

Poll: Florida voters more afraid of Obama’s Medicare plan than Ryan’s

Florida voters are more afraid of President Obama’s health care overhaul than Paul Ryan’s budget plan when it comes to Medicare’s future, according to a Rasmussen Reports poll released Thursday.

Flora Duh on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

predator on August 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Palin has already said to Greta that it’s time to give others the chance to speak and have the spotlight.

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

It tastes like fried pork tenderloin. Or so I’ve heard.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Take a tenderizer hammer, pound it flat, roll it in cracker meal, and deep fry it. Yummmmm!

predator on August 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Yeah it sure is proving difficult to find a definitive answer.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Settle down and don’t think he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Or fried dog.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Lanceman:You did say tasty frog,(ick),or is that a typo!(sarc):)

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

That’s what I’m here for :)

You are welcome.

gophergirl on August 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

So Ryan is with Mom Ryan in Florida tomorrow right? Where is Mitt?

Before someone says something – yes I know I could google it on my own but I’m too darn lazy.

gophergirl on August 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

If it came out she turned it down, it would seem petty, thus taking her down a coupla notches in my eyes.

Like Cheney before he made that stupid and unecessary comment, she is above reproach.

For now.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

That’s what I’m here for :)

You are welcome.

gophergirl on August 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I’m indifferent about it, frankly. Plus, I’m not sure she wants to speak…she seemed to indicate she didn’t to Greta recently. But, maybe they’re playing coy just so it’s a big surprise when she comes out to speak.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Bugs was my guy, but I couldn’t help but have a certain, pleasure in knowing though persistent Elmer would never win. Lol! Good tunes on those cartoons though.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Yeah, I can’t help picturing Odumbo and Axleturd opening a box that is stamp “ACME Political Campaign” lol! :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Lanceman:You did say tasty frog,(ick),or is that a typo!(sarc):)

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Dadblast you! I din’ say that!

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Hot Air please turn of auto refresh.

I hate watching a video and it refreshes or posting and it refreshes. Chrome and many other browsers do not let the users turn it off only the Site can do that. It does more harm than good.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

So Ryan is with Mom Ryan in Florida tomorrow right? Where is Mitt?

gophergirl on August 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Fundraisers, I think. He’s been off the trail for a couple days now.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM

“I, Willard ‘Mittens’ Romney do solemnly swear…”

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I don’t get autoplay or FB comments with Firefox, Adblock + and Abine do not track…

OmahaConservative on August 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Dear Mr. Messina;

We do have a counter-proposal, however;

If disclosure is vital to you, you could, as a gesture demonstrating how seriously you take transparency, release all of President Obamas college transcripts and records, including payment documentation and applications.

We will release 3 years of returns for every three years of documents you release.

You first.

Sincerely, RNC.

massrighty on August 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Rhoades 1, Messina 0

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Joe Biden is going to chain himself to Granny’s wheelchair when Paul Ryan tries to push her off the cliff.

I’m with you Granny, like a Hindu on a 7-11 Slurpee machine!”

profitsbeard on August 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Fundraisers, I think. He’s been off the trail for a couple days now.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Thanks!

gophergirl on August 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

massrighty on August 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Kenny Loggins was right to dump that butthole.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hot Air please turn of auto refresh.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

They did, except for ABR nutballs.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Howdy Mike, so is Ed kind of like that crazy uncle that nobody lets their kids talk to at the family shindigs? :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Btw,a side-note on whats at stake,in this Election!!
____________________________________________________

WASHINGTON — President Obama is set to end his term with dozens fewer lower-court appointments than both Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush achieved in their first four years,

and probably with less of a lasting ideological imprint on the judiciary than

many liberals had hoped for

and conservatives had feared.
(More…)
==========

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

They did, except for ABR nutballs.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA…..GULP!

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

So much hate outside the walls of HA…

*clink*

Electrongod on August 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Hot Air please turn of auto refresh.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to fix that either. It sucks!. But there it is.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

many liberals had hoped for

and conservatives had feared.
(More…)

I don’t have that issue with Firefox… strange

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM

; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Shhhh.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Oops, sorry… actually that does occur, it must be all that I had to drink!

*clink*

Electrongod on August 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

*clink!*

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM

*clink*

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Kenny Loggins was right to dump that butthole.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

And replaced him with Michael McDonald

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM

SWalker on August 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I watched in shocked amazement when blue collar/union South Omaha plastered their lawns with Reagan signs and the trucks with Reagan bumper stickers…

OmahaConservative on August 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Ronald Reagan, as much as I loved him, was not anything special in and of himself. What he did, was to personify the emotional and spiritual spirit of America itself. By choosing Paul Ryan as his running mate, Mitt Romney (and I say this as an individual who who grew up with Mormon Parents, but rejected the Mormon church) may have done the exact same thing.

America is a mind boggling combination of beliefs, faiths and political ideologies, yet even while this is true in and of itself, we are a basically Judeo-Christian society. (anyone who claims otherwise is either an a$$hole or a flat-out liar)

Ronald Reagan (who by the way, was the governor of my state while I grew up) Was a devout Christian, a genuinely decent human being, and a damned fine man. More importantly, he understood the spiritual and philosophical make up of the American people like few people before of since.

Romney, I (how do I put this without sounding, well weird?) is a decent, honest straightforward man of honorable intention in a world of multiple duplicities. Paul Ryan (I’m not a catholic) is, like Mitt Romney, a aberration in modern American politics.

Sarah Palin was at the time my greatest hope that America could be saved from the corruption that has become endemic of Mordor on the Potomac. Sarah (God bless her soul) stepped aside, because she believed could do more good on the sidelines than min the drivers seat.

Unlike so many I genuinely long for and believe that the dream of a Camelot that my mother and fathers generation believed John F Kennedy would produce is within our grasp… But it will not come from those evil asshl0es who follow Karl Marx’s ideologies…

SWalker on August 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM

*clink*

Electrongod on August 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

*clink*

predator on August 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin will not speak at the Republican nominating convention in Tampa later this month, she said in statement on Sunday.

“This year is a good opportunity for other voices to speak at the convention and I’m excited to hear them,” Palin, who was Senator John McCain’s running mate in the 2008 election, said in a statement on Gretawire, the blog of Fox News’s Greta Van Susteren.

“Everything I said at the 2008 convention about then-candidate (Barack) Obama still stands today, and in fact the predictions made about the very unqualified and inexperienced community organizer’s plans to ‘fundamentally transform’ our country are unfortunately coming true,” Palin said.

Here

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM

And the weather in Falls Church is what?

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Just for Odumbo, may his campaign continue on its glorious way to victory! /s

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Honestly, that was, how do you put it, a clarifying moment…

SWalker on August 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I guess I’m more cynical than you.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

No disrespect, but I was barley 18 at the time, my sense of cynicism hadn’t developed yet…

SWalker on August 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Dear Mr. Messina;

We do have a counter-proposal, however;

You first.

Sincerely, RNC.

massrighty on August 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

massrighty:

Lol,good one,as I e-mailed AP,Team Romney basically said,

“Stick it where the sun doesn’t shine”!:)

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I feel good about 2012….

Electrongod on August 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM

And the weather in Falls Church is what?

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Hot and humid. Why?

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Uncommon
Howdy, good to *see* ya……

Nope Angryed is like the uncle you don’t want near your
neighbors
Wife
Kids
friends wife or kids…..

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Hey y’all.
What’s happenin’?

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Attended the Ryan rally here in Richmond this morning at my kid’s high school. Ryan gave a pretty good stump speech – not a barn burner, but pretty good.

A Romney staffer told me they had 3,800 register, and the actual attendance was higher than that. The gym was full and they had to put a couple hundred folks in an overflow room.

One of our local stations said there were protesters there, but I never saw them and I had to walk all over the property to get to my car after it was over. But, they did hace video of some D state delegate spewing the usual talking points.

Crowd makeup – lots of senior citizens and college aged kids along with a higher number of blacks than I’d seen at other GOP rallys this campaign cycle.

I was stoked.

We’re going to win this thing.

BacaDog on August 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hot and humid. Why?

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Any obama signs?

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I feel good about 2012….

Electrongod on August 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I’m certainly feeling better about the prospects. ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Hey y’all.
What’s happenin’?

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

RC, long time no tuneage… How are you my friend?

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I happen to like angryed, thank you very much.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Vince on August 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

It is a super secret coordinated misdirection play, so that when Palin walks out on the stage unannounced, says hello, then rips Obama to pieces for ten minutes, she can pass the torch to Ryan and it will be the most super awesome surprise ever to happen.

Convention hall explodes with enthusiasm, it is a massively huge story and we all go running out the tunnel hand in hand to knock the chin straps off the Democrats.

That is the theory, anyway.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Hey RC, we are trying to figure out who will introduce Paul Ryan at Convention.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Wow. That was really a $hitty assessment of someone you were hardly here to post with…

OmahaConservative on August 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

That is the theory, anyway.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I like it! ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

That is the theory, anyway.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I like your thinkin’, Brain.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Scaremongering by the left used to work so well, not so much these days. More people are seeing them for what they are, and that’s a pretty ugly picture. They’re dishonest to put it in nicest possible terms….I wont use the worst possible terms, it’d just end up in moderation anyway and I’d probably be banned.

The best counter to the fearmongering by the left is the truth.

They can’t handle it. They become unhinged.

A perfect example, their final card, the race card, is usually used much closer to the election to ice the cake or ‘convince’ the fence sitters. It’s already out there because their fearmongering is whipping them in the face.

Loving it….

Wolfmoon on August 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I happen to like angryed, thank you very much.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Lol!

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

SWalker on August 17, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Heh, I got mine in Jr. High when I noticed some kids got special treatment.

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I like it! ; )

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I would love for exactly that scenario to happen, but knowing the GOP bigwigs, it will end up being Eric Cantor.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Any obama signs?

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. :)
None yet. I drove to Springfield today to attend a rally and saw a few more yard signs for Romney, Allen, or Perkins (the candidate running to defeat Gerry Connolly in District 11). Republicans seems to have more enthusiasm here. Seems like a good trend so far.

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I happen to like angryed, thank you very much.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Isn’t that like saying; “I happen to like VD!” LOL! :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Lol!

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

What’re you lollong about Skeezix? I like floating crock too! :P

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Speaking as a senior. Screw AARP. They are a bunch of left wing insurance peddlers and rip-off artists.

kenny on August 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Hey RC, we are trying to figure out who will introduce Paul Ryan at Convention.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Bob McDonnell

BacaDog on August 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

What’re you lollong about Skeezix? I like floating crock too! :P

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Masochist

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Marco Rubio has been selected to introduce PAUL RYAN at the GOP convention.

Good evening.

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Masochist

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM

There’s only one piece of crap here I despise.

Three guesses.

B. more or that GOPE/True con guy could tell you.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Bob McDonnell

BacaDog on August 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM

How about Douglas Wilder? That would be pretty funny. :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Hey RC, we are trying to figure out who will introduce Paul Ryan at Convention.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Scott Walker?

KCB on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Some Progs Are Living Proof That Feotuses Can Survive “Brain-Suction Abortions”

M2RB: Rush

Resist We Much on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

RC, long time no tuneage… How are you my friend?

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Can’t complain. Lol. I was listening to the original of this, but I kinda like this one. (Is that Peter O’Toole at the start??)

Hey RC, we are trying to figure out who will introduce Paul Ryan at Convention.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

My pick is my Ma. She might get a little feisty, but she’d drum-up the crowd, no doubt!

RedCrow on August 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

RePosty…heads up.

Ryan releases tax returns for last two years
Updated: 6:16 p.m
*****************

Paul Ryan and his wife Janna paid an effective tax rate of 15.9% in 2010 and 20% in 2011, according to tax returns provided by the Romney-Ryan campaign to the Journal Sentinel Friday.

In 2010, the Ryans paid $34,233 in federal taxes on $215,417 of adjusted gross income.

In 2011, they paid $64,764 in federal taxes on $323,416 of adjusted gross income.

Taxes and personal tax returns have become a huge issue in the presidential race, with President Barack Obama hammering Mitt Romney to release more returns. Romney has posted his 2010 tax returns, his estimated taxes for 2011 and the 2010 and 2011 returns for the Ryans.(More…)
===============================

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Hey RC, we are trying to figure out who will introduce Paul Ryan at Convention.

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

At least we can be confident it won’t be an openly gay soldier who served in Iraq or Afghanistan, ideally who helped a straight soldier in a firefight.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Holy Shiite! I gotta go drinkin’!

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Bmore on August 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Good evening, B.

Marco Rubio has been selected to introduce Paul Ryan at the GOP convention.

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I have enjoyed watching Ryans Speeches watched another today and it was good but he is becoming more like Romney which I do not like.

Romney loves to lie that he was a Conservative Republican Governor when that is simply totally false. Romney made it clear when he ran he was a “Liberal Moderate” not a Republican. He also made it clear that he was to the left of his Democratic Opponent not to the right and also said “that Republican Registration is just a technicality I do not know a single Republican”. Sorry Mitt you can not rewrite history. How you ran for office is what you were in office. We often use Obamas words when he ran against him. Well we should do the same with Republicans. Because Mitt swore he was not a Republican when he won the only office he ever won he is a Democrat in my mind. He moved from Utah very late to run in Mass so late he had to amend his Utah Citizen Tax returns to non citizen and the opposite in Mass or he could not have legally run. Even then it went to a commission where it was dicey but he won and ran. So do not lie he had to run in liberal Mass. No fact is he was afraid to run in Conservative Utah so ran in Liberal Mass.

There is not a single Conservative accomplishment in Romneys record. He is the grand father of Obama Care. He is the father of Gay Marriage. He is the father of kicking churches out of charity work in Hospitals and Adoption. He refused kosher food for Jews while allowing Muslims their food in Nursing Homes actually saying the jews would be fine with Muslim blessed food. These are very left very Liberal Progressive things. No one has ever come up with something he got done that was Conservative. Vetoing a bill is not conservative unless it leads to a conservative result it is just part of the process. I believe many were just political in nature to use when he ran for President. His veto record most of the time resulted in more liberal results.

Mitt raised fees and taxes 700 Million while Governor and State spending went up far more than that. Do not buy the fee is not a tax nonsense it is. Does a $100 fee cost less if it is called a tax? No. If they charge you a $200 fee to own a gun how is that different than a $200 property tax on that gun? Yes Mitt signed a bill raising fees for owning guns. Many States are calling more and more of your Property Tax fees. Sorry it is the same.

Ryan repeated this lie in his Speech today that Mitt was a Conservative Republican Governor. He was only technically Republican by his own account in 2002 and never Conservative.

I do not believe Mitt ever became a Republican. I believe he is the same Liberal Moderate he was in 2002. It offends me for him to call himself Conservative. That he called himself severe is a huge offence. Conservatives are not severe they are the mainstream in America.

I will vote for Mitt if someone could convince me he was a Conservative Republican. But so far no one can point to a single conservative action in his life. Do not point at Bain who had mostly Democrats working there. Business is Business. It is neither conservative or liberal. Though some business may make money being one of the other. Bain was not one of those, but if it was it was liberal as evidenced by most of it’s employees.

Steveangell on August 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Dear Mr. Messina;

Your assurances have no real value, as they come from a leader, a party, and a campaign that has no real honor with which to back up such promises. We have seen too often that your promises expire as soon as they are offered. Moreover, we are well aware that the outside PACs who support your candidate not only lack honor but treat promises made by you or them as but piss, dribbled in the dirt.

We do have a counter-proposal, however;

You first.

Sincerely, RNC.

massrighty on August 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Fixed it.

TXUS on August 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Holy Shiite! I gotta go drinkin’!

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I’m thinking about doing that too, shortly.

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

How about Douglas Wilder? That would be pretty funny. :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Wouldn’t it? Dem heads exploding everywhere.

changer1701 on August 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Three guesses.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Me?

Me?

growfins?

cozmo on August 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

M2RB: Rush

Resist We Much on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Resist we Much:

I caught your exchange,on another thread,and thats how I blog as well,rock’n to music,unless theres a audio/video related to a H/A thread,then its interruption time!:)

Currently:

canopfor on August 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM

How about Douglas Wilder? That would be pretty funny. :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Douglas Wilder was a Democrat I might have liked.
He was in the mainstream of Democrats for his time, and it looks like he held his ground when they went full-on socialist over the past 12 years or so.

22044 on August 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

angrymike on August 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I wanna know where your bretheren angryed is.

Lanceman on August 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

*goes into Archie Bunker mode*

..Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
Don’t be conflatin’ them two here! One’s a meathead, dead from the neck up, no good pinko wierdo and the other one — Mikey here — is your basic, red-blooded, salt of the earth, HG regular!

..so just stifle there, will ya?

The War Planner on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

LALALA I CANNOT HEAR YOU PALIN PALINPALINPALIN!!!!

Brian1972 on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

How about Douglas Wilder? That would be pretty funny. :)

uncommon sense on August 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Kira Davis. That would be cool.

predator on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

MARCO RUBIO HAS BEEN SELECTED TO INTRODUCE PAUL RYAN AT THE GOP CONVENTION

thatsafactjack on August 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I think someone posted earlier that Rubio was introducing Romney??

KCB on August 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM