Quotes of the day

posted at 10:32 pm on August 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

Presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan launched an offensive on President Barack Obama’s cuts to medicare to pay for ObamaCare, his first public reference to the issue since accepting the role as Mitt Romney’s running mate.

“The president took $716 billion from the Medicare program, he raided it, to pay for ObamaCare,” Ryan expained, noting that an Obama aide called the cuts an “achievement” in a television interview…

“Governor Romney and I will protect and strengthen Medicare for our current seniors and for our future seniors of tomorrow,” Ryan added…

“I’m told President Obama is talking about Medicare today, “Ryan said. “We want this debate. We need this debate. And we will win this debate.”

***

Ryan plans, for the first time, to travel on his own this weekend to senior-heavy Florida, where his campaign has said he will address entitlement reform.

A Ryan campaign aide emailed reporters to say that Ryan would “highlight President Obama’s record of slashing Medicare for current Florida seniors to fund Obamacare.” And a second campaign aide, speaking to reporters in Denver on Tuesday, told reporters that “this is a debate we invite.”

“The message here is that we’re on offense on Medicare,” the aide told reporters. “There’s only one candidate in this race that has raided over $700 billion dollars from Medicare in order to set up a new entitlement that we can’t afford and is making it harder for businesses — especially small businesses — to create jobs.”

***

Some Republicans worry that fighting about Medicare takes valuable time from talking about jobs, growth and deficits. True, but this fight was coming anyway. Better to debate it now in ways the Romney campaign can control rather than see it raised in the campaign’s final moments through under-the-radar robo calls and mailers to seniors by Democrats.

It is said that in politics, if you’re explaining, you’re losing. That’s not always true. Sometimes when you’re explaining, you’re reassuring voters and undermining your opponent’s credibility.

That’s the case with this issue now. It’s why Team Romney was smart to quickly run an ad attacking Mr. Obama for robbing Medicare to pay for ObamaCare.

Democrats have long had an issue advantage on Medicare. Republicans cowered in fear. This time it’s different. The Romney-Ryan ticket is not only talking about Medicare, it is putting Mr. Obama on the defensive. If Republicans succeed, politics will never be the same.

***

In the last few days, the Romney campaign has moved to dramatically change the terrain of Medicare politics, and it looks like the Democrats are beginning to realize how vulnerable they might be. Because of Obamacare, it is the Democrats who now plan to cut current seniors’ benefits (especially those in Medicare Advantage) and access to care (thanks to the IPAB) while still failing to avert the program’s (and the nation’s) fiscal collapse, and because Romney would repeal Obamacare and pursue a version of the Ryan-Wyden premium-support reform it is the Republicans who would protect current seniors’ benefits and make them available to future seniors while saving the program from collapse through market reforms. Through the candidates’ statements this week and through this new ad, Romney and Ryan have made clear they’re going to inform voters about this and force the Democrats to defend themselves on Medicare.

That won’t be easy for the Left, since the Romney campaign’s charges are true, and it is beginning to become apparent that the Democrats are totally unprepared for the coming fight. Their defenses so far fall into roughly three categories: Ryan did it too, the Obamacare Medicare cuts aren’t very serious, and finally what can only be called frantic distractions. Even as pure demagoguery (let alone as efforts at actual substantive arguments) all three are exceptionally weak defenses, and suggest the Democrats could be in serious trouble.

***

Rather than instituting free market reforms, the Democrats are applying governmental infrastructures like the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). This, they hope, will tame the runaway cost of Medicare, but it also will ruin traditional Medicare for future recipients as well. The program will be fundamentally different in the future than it is today, thanks to the IPAB, which will be unelected and largely free to act without interference from Congress. If the GOP is vulnerable on premium supports, Democrats are at least as vulnerable on the IPAB…

So, where does that leave us? The GOP has proposed a premium support program for the next generation of recipients in the hopes of saving Medicare for the future. Politically dangerous, for sure. But the Democrats have blown past mere danger and charged headfirst into the utterly suicidal: They are using a top-down governmental board to cut costs in ways that will likely diminish the availability of care, not to secure the future of the program but to bankroll a brand new entitlement.

So, who is more vulnerable to “Mediscare” this cycle?

Answer: the Democrats.

***

There are many Americans who believe two things about where things stand right now: The Romney-Ryan approach is unacceptable, and the status quo is unsustainable. Obama may be able to win the election by persuading a majority of the few voters still open to persuasion that in the short-term, the status quo is preferable to Romney-Ryan. But if he closes the deal by shutting the door to the reforms that we may well need in the long-term, it will be a Pyrrhic victory.

Let me be specific. A number of Democrats once believed—and some still do—that a well-crafted version of premium support is part of a balanced and sustainable long-term fix for Medicare. If the effect of the Ryan choice is to take not only the Ryan budget’s version of premium support off the table, but also the kinds of approaches that Alice Rivlin and Ron Wyden have proposed, then we’ll be left with far less appealing options for stabilizing Medicare.

***

In a November 2009 interview with ABC News’ Jake Tapper, Obama acknowledged that a third of the funding for ObamaCare came from cutting Medicare

Tapper went on to ask Obama whether he would allow Congress to repeal or patch the Medicare cuts as it does every year with the so-called Doc Fix, a measure designed to ensure adequate reimbursement payments are maintained to doctors who care for patients covered by Medicare.

Obama said that his Medicare cuts were permanent and that he would never allow Congress to repeal them.

***

“I think the Democrats are discovering that they stepped on a land mine with Medicare.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

No that’s fine, I wondered about other people’s experience. I signed some petitions to get people on the ballot thinking I was going to be voting for the new district. I’m still confused.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM

HA is fully aware?

I will be glad when they say as much.

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I don’t think BO will put Hillary on the ticket because Sarah told him to…reverse psychology….deliberate on SP’s part so Biden doesn’t get dumped.

gracie on August 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Well unthink it. They did it to Torricelli here in Jersey, they will do it again. And it will work

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I agree with you, it will be the death of the 0bama tax. Good riddance to it and him and his.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I’d almost bet he’d run again. (Probably to shut the yap of that wife of his, and of course to have top-tier access to the best courses.)

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Do you think the Florida Republican Party did a good job with informing people of their options? In our area I was under the impression that we were going to get a new representative through redistricting but instead I think I would have had to vote for Mica and the lady he ran against and beat. It’s probably more my fault than theirs.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I dont..but just my view. Flora is everywhere..I block all local news.

I had Mica mailings every freaking day as well. None from Adams..my choice. SP endorsed her as did many others and the local TP. He had the dough and name recognition. Adams was elected in the 2010 sweep.

But your question was to Flora..thought I would chime in.

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I agree with bazil, no they didn’t do a good job of informing people of their options. Hell, they didn’t even do a good job of informing people how important yesterday’s primaries were.

I couldn’t believe that I saw people on Twitter who actually thought that Karen Harrington’s win last night meant DWS had lost her seat.

As for the lady Mica beat, we lost a good one in losing Sandy Adams. Watch the way she took apart Eric Holder during the Fast and Furious hearings.

I just hope we haven’t seen the last of her in state or national politics.

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I feel bad for Erskine Bowles

little did he know he’d influence the presidential election

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Obama left himself entirely vulnerable by not at least tacitly embracing Simpson-Bowles. Would have given him political cover. Now he has nothing. It’s embarrassing.

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Or, am I drunker than I think?

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

No, you are thunker than you drink

PolAgnostic on August 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I hear you. I’ll be in the same boat.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Better than The Natural and Field of Dreams??..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Better than both of them, IMHO. It’s so much more honest.

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I like that about you. Nobody has all the answers, but it is damn amazing how many think they do. I like being with like minded people, but echo chambers bring their own dangers.

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I’ll still pick “The Natural”.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I just love how they completely overhaul the sport based purely on statistics and science, and yet, still, Brad Pitt can’t show up to the games because he jinxes it.

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Bishop of page 5. heh? I’m a one star poster now..

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I am in VA for the primary but I swear I don’t know who my representative is going to be. I guess I’ll see on the ballot in November. Mica was always a lock in my area, he didn’t even bother to get signs or send flyers. I tried to get him to do townhalls but he whined that his district was too big so he did “phone” townhalls. Wuss.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Now he has nothing. It’s embarrassing.

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM

obviously Paul Ryan blocked the Bowles plan.

except he didn’t and there’s proof.

Leftys are panicking because Paul Ryan is smarter than all of them.

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

The end is near, peeps.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

“Poaching” was never my intent, as you guys know, and I do not wish for such an accusation to go unchallenged. Thanks.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

No worries here. We love you here as far as I know. I certainly hold you in high regard. Discussing future options is poaching, okay, whatever. Lol! HA is the reason our conversations about such things are even occurring. Funny!

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

gracie on August 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

He will probably do it the day Romney speaks at the convention.

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

also Paul Ryan would kick they @ss in air Karate. I hear it’s P90X, he’s toned.

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Sweet Home

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Lol! 0 Having to live out his years with Michelle and Valerie is fine by me. It suits him. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Yeah. I liked how they worked some humor into it. Not a huge Pitt fan, but I thought he and the fat kid were good in their scenes together.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Mom and Dad are both in jail and she’s really dysmorphic.

gracie on August 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I used to think that as well. Actually the people who are in jail are not her parents.

Wasserman-WHAT? Wikipedia claims Wasserman-Rubin and Wasserman Schultz are mother-daughter

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Torricelli was a whole different thing but I do agree that Obama isn’t above kicking Bidden off. All these inside the Beltway types think it is impossible but I think they live by a different set of rules than Obama. Not that that is saying much about any of them.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Thought I saw Jackie around somewhere?

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Lol. Yes, but he’ll not “go gentle into that good night.”

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I have the same concern about merging FB with HA as most here do.

HA may know how many think about that. However, do you think we should contact this person?

HotAir.com is part of the Townhall/HotAir network alongside Townhall.com, Townhall Magazine, FreedomCards.com and Townhall Finance in a network of conservative websites and publications with over four million monthly readers. Jonathan Garthwaite, General Manager @JonGarthwaite on Twitter.

bluefox on August 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Good Night csdeven, Nice to see you. I was hoping you would cue me up a tune before you left. Lol! Old times sake. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Thanks.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Who is accusing you of poaching? That’s an absurd accusation.

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I would be remiss if I didn’t mention AngryMike wishes that Tim Tebow would visit him at night to teach him every aspect of lovin’

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

After Hours

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I hear you..I will have to check it out!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

P90x is a new model Ruger.

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Yep, I spend all my free time reading HotAir.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

….ditto

KOOLAID2 on August 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM

All of you HA FL Ladies are right, the state of Ga. is the same way. Very uninformative. Its like they want to make it hard to really consider what it is you are voting on. I spend a lot of energy and time reading up on it. I have often wondered if they make it difficult intentionally or if it reflects the fundamental flaw of large government bureaucracies.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

No where to run for Obie!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Late night listening

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Seeing the defeat in the eyes of the Moaning Joe crew is just fantastic.

Punchenko on August 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Well when he does we can thank Palin and Juan McCain for when we lose

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Thought I saw Jackie around somewhere?

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

right here.

After Hours

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Jackie. Its been a very quick thread this evening.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Thank you. What really angered me was that I had posted a reply to Cindy explaining how I would set up a community companion site where people could register to post articles, as well as comments. The community would police it, as I don’t want to be the “Speech Nazi.” Anyone, who has ever read my blog, knows that I — occasionally — drop the f-bomb or whatever and some of the M2RB is not for delicate ears (it just happens to fit with the topic). I believe in more speech not less. My only concern would be overt and rabid racists, anti-Semites, etc. I wouldn’t want all of us branded by one or two bigots. Those people would (and should) be banned. They could go to Stormfront.

I, SPECIFICALLY, reiterated the fact that I have no advertising nor earn nary a cent from my blog and was only offering it as an alternative should FB become mandatory. I think FB is creepy and, more importantly, I would rather not line the pockets of a bunch of liberals in order to comment on a conservative/libertarian-leaning site.

Lastly, I made it clear that I love HA and hoped that they did not go the FB route.

All of that was quite clear on the thread; yet, somehow, Paul-Cincy read into my words “poaching.” I’m tempted to slap the label “Dowderisation” on his post.

Again, thanks for your kind words.

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Thanks for your kindness. I agree with you on the HA/FB issue. They can’t possibly fail to understand that even the possibility has been universally panned.

As I told Cindy earlier today, I’ve waited several years to get accepted into the HA club — always missed the registration date for one reason or another. I finally make it and now this. I just don’t do FB. It’s a non-starter with me.

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I won’t. I just wanted to put my rebuttal to his baseless accusation on the record. As we’ve discussed often, I don’t do the blog for the money…’cuz there isn’t any and Heaven knows I spend enough time researching and writing that many people think that I’m a fool for my position, but you know my principled reasons. :-)

I am sending you my ER bill..I just cracked a rib.

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

OK. Just be glad that you’re not in the UK or Obamacare isn’t yet in effect. You would be placed on the 6-12 month waiting list. lol! By the time you get to see the doctor, you rib would have long been healed.

I can’t say for certain, but one time I met DWS at a bar. Her hair sneaked into the toilet and afterward it was sparkling.

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Was her hair or the toilet sparkling? While I don’t have any personal knowledge, I’ve heard that Mr Clean and eau du toilet can really make those pubs sparkle!

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Whatever. I’m sure it’s the first time the suggestion has ever been made. If that is the move he makes it will have more to do with the support and crowds that Rep. Ryan is generating than anything either Sen. McCain or Gov. Palin said.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

The problem with Facebook besides security and identity is that only a few months ago Facebook was touting its “value” before suckering Zuckering lots of investors onto a falling rock. I don’t want HA or TownHall either to fall for a carrot on a stick harmful to both their chosen identities and ability to maintain same.

Some may remember the words of Cornelius Vanderbilt once he realized Jay Gould had effectively sold him 150,000 shares of worthless stock: “It learned me never to kick a skunk.”

viking01 on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM

LOL! Excellent!

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Who is accusing you of poaching? That’s an absurd accusation.

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Paul-Cincy. The post is above. It IS an absurd accusation.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

No where to run for Obie!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Somebody posted that at Ace’s. The Dems robbed Medicare of $716 billion and they have nowhere to hide. Ryan and Romney are digging a moat around them.

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM
And FL HA Ladies (Lol :) )

Something funny I’ve noticed in MI is that whenever you need to find something on a state web site, it’s usually nearly impossible.

I was searching for something on my state web site recently and was inundated with more than 100 links to get a state park sticker. (The idiots named the state park sticker promotion a key word about passports!!! Government intelligence.)

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I haven’t checked the headlines for the entire day but if I had to give an opinion now, I would say that the roll out of facebook on the headlines has not be a resounding success.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Paul Ryan is Republican God

Paul Ryan is unstoppable

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Yea Cindy I see the narrative, they have it setup with vp moderator for the debate. She is a foreign corespondent therefore making the debate about foreign policy neutering Ryan on fiscal and economic issue. The press will say Hilliary is as smart as Ryan. You know they will do that

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

We just had a hellacious thunder/hailstorm for tern minutes, Thank God. I sat out in it…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Its true, its like they design it for someone who already knows where everything is. HeII the folks at the state offices that are supposed to know where it is can’t even navigate it. Lol!

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I know them well, very well, indeed. Only fools think you a “fool”.

Glad you are here, in all regards.

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

At the risk of plagiarizing. I hope it fails.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Very good stuff!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Paul-Cincy. The post is above. It IS an absurd accusation.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

So, forget about it. It’s not like an avalanche of accusations came down on you. (Though, I wasn’t here for it–I’ve just read your explanations.)

Now, you’ve more than explained yourself. I totally believe you had the community in mind. None of the HA “bosses” contacted you?

What do you care what some schmuck in Cincinnati thinks? (PS–I had to look up Cinci so I’d spell it right.)

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I ate hail off my back porch…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I think Hilary is a lot smarter than Obama which might be biggest problem with her getting the job. Someone mentioned earlier (different thread I think) that Obama and Hilary was unbeatable because of minority and women votes. I’m not as worried about gender as I am of the so called “Clinton Surplus”. Foreign policy and Bill’s ability to balance a budget, even if it is all a farce, makes her formidable.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:04 AM

there’s a reason we’re winning

Paul Ryan

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

John the Libertarian on August 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

+ 100..That is what I’m hoping for!..Let’s hope they can frame it and I think they can and will!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM

You better limit your adoration to Rep. Ryan, any eyes looking Gov. Romney’s way will get you bluegilled.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Go ahead, Ed. Open that thread. You can title it, HA/facebook, yes or no?

Your site hangs in the balance.

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM

At the risk of plagiarizing. I hope it fails.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Phssht! I hear plagiarizing is all the rage.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:07 AM

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM

It might be an easier decision if it was his site, but it isn’t.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:07 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

In fairness I should amend my earlier statement just a bit. Ga State DNR is the easiest agency to acquire a boat registration through of any I have ever dealt with. Providing you do it online.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

NO! I don’t think so. I think they design it so that it’ll take you longer to find what you need so you can go “bother” them.

BTW, on the passport thing: I wound-up getting an Enhanced License ($45) because I was taking a trip to Canada. I was worried about getting back into the country with the temporary EL (you know–the paper slip stapled to my old license). I asked the SecState which issues it, and they said, “We don’t know. We don’t make that decision. It’s Immigration and Customs.”

I called them twice: One guy told me I needed my birth certificate, and the other said I didn’t.

Our government is broke (sic).

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Good evening, Dire. How are you this evening? It looks like your computer problems are resolved.

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I also love me some Facebook. Ed is a brilliant genius and I hope he gives me more facebook.

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Is that almost as good as rain?

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Thought I saw Jackie around somewhere?

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

right here.

After Hours

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Jackie. Its been a very quick thread this evening.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Good Eye B! Just in time for me to say good night to you and the lovely Jackie.

RWM, I wanna party with you! Who needs FB!!

Look, if they go all stupid here, let me know where ya’ll are gonna be!!!

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Phssht! I hear plagiarizing is all the rage.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Cindy, I had seen you comment on last nights QOTD this a.m. I asked you a question there but I don’t think you saw it. If they do FB us here at HA. Will you leave?

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Michelle Obama: If You Elect Mitt Women Will Die From Cancer
Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 11:55 PM

Yea Hilliary is definitely coming on after this desperation

Conservative4ev on August 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Is that almost as good as rain?

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I loved it. I picked up hail and chewed and ate it. I am pretty earthy…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Good Night KCB, Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Almost bedtime.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Billboard

VorDaj on August 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Billboard

VorDaj on August 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Good one! ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Obama’s new theme song since meeting R&R

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

If the rumor is true, and I certainly hope not, it’s been an honor and pleasure to have known you. Your insight and views, always worthy.

TXUS on August 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

VorDaj on August 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Amazing what the administration said today about that ex-military/intelligence group. I wonder how Carney will spin it, tomorrow.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Goodnight, Ken. Sleep well. Sorry I missed you.

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

It is much better!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

CM- I hear ya. Let’s get to the bottom.

Who’s site is it? Who owns this place? Who runs who?

I honestly don’t know.

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM

If it is the only option than yes. I really feel strongly about facebook. And obviously it has nothing to do with anonymity.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Yes.. I’m sorry I missed this earlier… How are you this evening, B?

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Doesn’t management read the news? Facebook has already jumped the shark with their IPO fiasco. Investors are demanding to know how they “monetize” their members and the members are beginning to realize the only way is by tracking them and selling their info. Targeted ads onsite is just peanuts compared to their capitalization, it can’t bring the cash they need to show.

“Going Facebook” now would be boneheaded move at the worst possible time.

Adjoran on August 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Doctor Doctor. Couldn’t think of one Medic Medic. Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Hey, maybe they could partner with AOL?

Adjoran on August 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

One of my most favoritest Beatles tunes. :)
How ’bout this ‘un?

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Thank you so much.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

It’s no biggie. I just don’t like ignorant people making accusations about things of which they know nothing. I have put my rebuttal on the record. I certainly can’t say that I would be upset if he were told he was an ignorant doofus a couple of times (kidding…sort of…lol).

I don’t know if HA has contacted me, to tell you the truth. I am notoriously bad about chequing PHUP’s email because, sometimes, it is just page and page of comments (I can cheque the comments made on the blog through the dashboard, rants, offers from advertisers, etc. If HA is upset by my offer, then they are entirely missing the point. It is not my dazzling, irresistible, state-of-the-art blog (snark) that would make people leave HA. There is no debate about what came first the chicken or the egg or FB or PHUP. It was FB that caused the commotion and widespread pledges to leave. I can’t “poach” what HA drives away if it chooses to go the FB route.

I will say it, again. I love HA. I hate FB. I hope that they will see the light and all of this talk about a need for an alternative meeting place becomes a moot point.

Well, my dear friends, I am going to bid you adieu. Sweet dreams.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM

TXUS on August 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

You are too kind. I have really enjoyed HotAir. I understand that they have to do what is best and most profitable for the site.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM

. I wonder how Carney will spin it, tomorrow.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Here is how he will spin it!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Very glad to hear it! I know how frustrating it can be to have a reluctant computer.

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:21 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Very nice.

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Who’s site is it? Who owns this place? Who runs who?

I honestly don’t know.

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

A corporation owns it. Something with a hyphen then Salem. Same as who owns Townhall.com.

The bigger question.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

wolly4321 on August 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM

It belongs to Townhall. I limit myself to HotAir but I think they have a more big corporate outlook to these things.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Yes.. I’m sorry I missed this earlier… How are you this evening, B?

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I’m well Jackie, fast threads always make me feel I am missing stuff. Of course, when I stop to go back in the thread to be sure, it just compounds the problem. Getting old has its issues. ; ) You are well I see. I was reading your comments on the ad thread and wanted to say hi there but I was distracted with someone. Anyway I’ll make it official before turning in for the evening. Good evening Jackie. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM

thatsafactjack, their theme song is “Tomorrow will never come”.

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 1:24 AM