Quotes of the day

posted at 10:32 pm on August 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

Presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan launched an offensive on President Barack Obama’s cuts to medicare to pay for ObamaCare, his first public reference to the issue since accepting the role as Mitt Romney’s running mate.

“The president took $716 billion from the Medicare program, he raided it, to pay for ObamaCare,” Ryan expained, noting that an Obama aide called the cuts an “achievement” in a television interview…

“Governor Romney and I will protect and strengthen Medicare for our current seniors and for our future seniors of tomorrow,” Ryan added…

“I’m told President Obama is talking about Medicare today, “Ryan said. “We want this debate. We need this debate. And we will win this debate.”

***

Ryan plans, for the first time, to travel on his own this weekend to senior-heavy Florida, where his campaign has said he will address entitlement reform.

A Ryan campaign aide emailed reporters to say that Ryan would “highlight President Obama’s record of slashing Medicare for current Florida seniors to fund Obamacare.” And a second campaign aide, speaking to reporters in Denver on Tuesday, told reporters that “this is a debate we invite.”

“The message here is that we’re on offense on Medicare,” the aide told reporters. “There’s only one candidate in this race that has raided over $700 billion dollars from Medicare in order to set up a new entitlement that we can’t afford and is making it harder for businesses — especially small businesses — to create jobs.”

***

Some Republicans worry that fighting about Medicare takes valuable time from talking about jobs, growth and deficits. True, but this fight was coming anyway. Better to debate it now in ways the Romney campaign can control rather than see it raised in the campaign’s final moments through under-the-radar robo calls and mailers to seniors by Democrats.

It is said that in politics, if you’re explaining, you’re losing. That’s not always true. Sometimes when you’re explaining, you’re reassuring voters and undermining your opponent’s credibility.

That’s the case with this issue now. It’s why Team Romney was smart to quickly run an ad attacking Mr. Obama for robbing Medicare to pay for ObamaCare.

Democrats have long had an issue advantage on Medicare. Republicans cowered in fear. This time it’s different. The Romney-Ryan ticket is not only talking about Medicare, it is putting Mr. Obama on the defensive. If Republicans succeed, politics will never be the same.

***

In the last few days, the Romney campaign has moved to dramatically change the terrain of Medicare politics, and it looks like the Democrats are beginning to realize how vulnerable they might be. Because of Obamacare, it is the Democrats who now plan to cut current seniors’ benefits (especially those in Medicare Advantage) and access to care (thanks to the IPAB) while still failing to avert the program’s (and the nation’s) fiscal collapse, and because Romney would repeal Obamacare and pursue a version of the Ryan-Wyden premium-support reform it is the Republicans who would protect current seniors’ benefits and make them available to future seniors while saving the program from collapse through market reforms. Through the candidates’ statements this week and through this new ad, Romney and Ryan have made clear they’re going to inform voters about this and force the Democrats to defend themselves on Medicare.

That won’t be easy for the Left, since the Romney campaign’s charges are true, and it is beginning to become apparent that the Democrats are totally unprepared for the coming fight. Their defenses so far fall into roughly three categories: Ryan did it too, the Obamacare Medicare cuts aren’t very serious, and finally what can only be called frantic distractions. Even as pure demagoguery (let alone as efforts at actual substantive arguments) all three are exceptionally weak defenses, and suggest the Democrats could be in serious trouble.

***

Rather than instituting free market reforms, the Democrats are applying governmental infrastructures like the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). This, they hope, will tame the runaway cost of Medicare, but it also will ruin traditional Medicare for future recipients as well. The program will be fundamentally different in the future than it is today, thanks to the IPAB, which will be unelected and largely free to act without interference from Congress. If the GOP is vulnerable on premium supports, Democrats are at least as vulnerable on the IPAB…

So, where does that leave us? The GOP has proposed a premium support program for the next generation of recipients in the hopes of saving Medicare for the future. Politically dangerous, for sure. But the Democrats have blown past mere danger and charged headfirst into the utterly suicidal: They are using a top-down governmental board to cut costs in ways that will likely diminish the availability of care, not to secure the future of the program but to bankroll a brand new entitlement.

So, who is more vulnerable to “Mediscare” this cycle?

Answer: the Democrats.

***

There are many Americans who believe two things about where things stand right now: The Romney-Ryan approach is unacceptable, and the status quo is unsustainable. Obama may be able to win the election by persuading a majority of the few voters still open to persuasion that in the short-term, the status quo is preferable to Romney-Ryan. But if he closes the deal by shutting the door to the reforms that we may well need in the long-term, it will be a Pyrrhic victory.

Let me be specific. A number of Democrats once believed—and some still do—that a well-crafted version of premium support is part of a balanced and sustainable long-term fix for Medicare. If the effect of the Ryan choice is to take not only the Ryan budget’s version of premium support off the table, but also the kinds of approaches that Alice Rivlin and Ron Wyden have proposed, then we’ll be left with far less appealing options for stabilizing Medicare.

***

In a November 2009 interview with ABC News’ Jake Tapper, Obama acknowledged that a third of the funding for ObamaCare came from cutting Medicare

Tapper went on to ask Obama whether he would allow Congress to repeal or patch the Medicare cuts as it does every year with the so-called Doc Fix, a measure designed to ensure adequate reimbursement payments are maintained to doctors who care for patients covered by Medicare.

Obama said that his Medicare cuts were permanent and that he would never allow Congress to repeal them.

***

“I think the Democrats are discovering that they stepped on a land mine with Medicare.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Would anybody have thought this is where the campaign would be a week ago? And is anybody else smelling blood in the water?

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Don’t get cocky, kid. Barack plays to win.

Rational Thought on August 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Is AnninCA registered at MM’s blog?

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Or, am I drunker than I think?

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I’m not saying Good Night to you, but hugs to your better half for me. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Sweet! You thought of everything!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

burrata on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

AP is a New Yorker, he doesn’t have a car. I don’t think you can get anyone to poop on his cat, probably wouldn’t hold still. Besides I like cats.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Barack plays to win

only he’s never played fair in his life.

also Paul Ryan trumps all these guys. If anyone’s the antichrist, it’s Paul Ryan.

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’m not saying Good Night to you, but hugs to your better half for me. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Lolz. I hate these G’night John-Boy moments. I prefer to just drift away…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Sweet! You thought of everything!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM

The thread is moving a little fast this evening. Is everything running better for you also? Dire said he is having a better time of it.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

and we work @ the same Wally World. Lucky me-not. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Right…I remember her hammering on Perry.

Hasn’t everyone worked at a WalMart? It’s the new version of Target employment!

Glad you have you son near you. If you got family, you got it all, right?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Sweet dreams!

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Don’t get cocky, kid. Barack plays to win.
Rational Thought on August 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Yup. And BO’s not above having Romney or Ryan meet with an unfortunate accident.

gracie on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Lolz. I hate these G’night John-Boy moments. I prefer to just drift away…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I know you do. ; ) I never know when you leave anymore. I just figure you’re here watching and smiling, : )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:56 PM

csdeven, welcome back.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Thanks! How you doing?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I remember. You might want to avoid Basilsbest then. He doesn’t cotton well to even the slightest criticism of Romney. Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Calling him weak is the slightest criticism? You’re dishonest as well as clueless.

Basilsbest on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Rational Thought on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I’m starting to think you may be correct. I don’t think even Biden could be making so many accidental gaffes in just 2 days.

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Just caught Moneyball for the 20th time. If you haven’t seen it, it’s the best baseball film ever made.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

It’s amazing how many commercial products and services have gone to it exclusively. For me it isn’t a matter of disliking it so much as I think it is a fad that will be replaced like it replaced MySpace.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Social media is a huge marketing tool for small businesses. It is inexpensive but does require some effort to maintain all of the sites a business may use.

With FB exposure, HA could attract hundreds of thousands of clicks or visits. Why do you think Palin uses it? Pinterest, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Twitter etc.. all are marketing tools.

Vince on August 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Paul Ryan knows Kung Fu

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

LoLz..I don’t know..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Wouldn’t that be just toooo delicious? And if Brown and Hastings followed. I can dream can’t I?

Oh yeah..I had Casey Anthony flashbacks yesterday..I so apologize for my current area. Soon to be gone. God willing.

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

He wanted to escape Illinois-doesn’t everyone? Even better-he got to cast his first vote here in TX. It was for Ted Cruz in the run-off.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

LoLz..I don’t know..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I sorta’ miss ol’ AnninCA…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Night Jaime…

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Vince on August 15, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I know, my sister-in-law use to sell stuff on e-bay and now she has gone to some sort of Facebook application it really cut her overhead. I’m just saying it isn’t for me.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Don’t get cocky, kid. Barack plays to win.

Rational Thought on August 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

And Romney doesn’t?

He just picked Paul Ryan as VP, and has managed to put Obama on the defensive on Medicare and entitlements within the course of a week. Some cynics might even suggest that Ryan is providing air cover for Romney to attack Obama for cutting Medicare. A week ago, he would not have had the credibility with conservatives to do that. Now with Paul Ryan as VP, he has rallied the base and he is free to thrash Obama for the Medicare cuts in Obamacare.

Look, I was an ABR guy, its not like I’m here to defend Mitt. But I have to give credit where credit is due. And the fact is that Romney has upended Obama’s campaign in the course of a week, put the Democrats on the defensive on entitlements, and Team O is now desperate to change the conversation so they can have some time to regroup.

You’re right, the war is far from over. But hats off to Mitt Romney.

Lawdawg86 on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Basilsbest on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Thanks deep thinker coming from you its a compliment. You sure you’re the smart one?

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Yep. I have to be careful about saying that I think Romney is not the greatest thing ever. Cause some folks get mad at me for it. No doubt though the ticket is helped by Ryan’s presence on it.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I came across this comment in my attempt to read at least the last page before commenting. (Almost made it.)

After reading the quotes, Bmore’s comment was pretty close to what occurred to me:

Paul Ryan was my number one pick, before the hats started flying into (or completely away from) the ring. The simple reason is his delivery while he’s scolding/schooling his opponents. He remains very even keeled, and the look on his face, to use one word, is “sincere”.

Romney does not have that ability. (I voted for him in the primary. I know–I’m an evil squish RINO.) The one-word look on Romney’s face as he’s scolding/schooling his opponents is “smug”.

Anyway, I’ll remain worried through the first week of November.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Would someone please tell me what this Facebook talk is all about? Is Hot Air about to get grifted, or something?

TXUS on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Better than The Natural and Field of Dreams??..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Breaking News! Harry Reid Is Guilty Of Attempting To Kill People At The Family Research Council!

M(?)2RB: Gucci Mane

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I sorta’ miss ol’ AnninCA…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on August 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Robber and chief is rat.=Robber and thief is rat.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

OK, in this case, the clarification was needed.

Thx, B

PolAgnostic on August 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

TXUS on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Yes. Anyone on FB will be let in…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

What pizzes me off the most is that I’m now forced to support Connie Mack if we want to get rid of Bill Nelson.

Where ya going? North, south, east or west of where you are now?

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

It is moving fast and, ironically, I am also discussing Princes’ guitar abilities on….FB! But yes, knock on wood, everything is working well, except I haven’t seen Jackie yet.

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Thanks! How you doing?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Good – always fighting tyranny – are you out from hiding for a time?

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM

It was for Ted Cruz in the run-off.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Awesome for him! My first vote was for Ronaldus Maximus! It was the proudest vote I have ever cast.

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I thought it was pretty good, if a bit too long.
(You are aware that there was a lot of “poetic license” taken in that movie, yes?)
I’ll still pick “The Natural”.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Yep, she was nice.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Evening laddies and lassies! If anyone sees Paul-Cincy, please relay this message for me:

Poaching is unseemly.

Paul-Cincy on August 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Poaching what?

While I made the offer last night, I later learned that someone else brought up the idea of using my blog as a meeting place hours before I did. Go read the QOTD thread from last night and look for a comment from J Peterman.

As I said, I don’t have any advertising on my blog nor do I make a single penny from it. I was merely offering it as a place for HA regulars to meet BECAUSE NEARLY ALL OF THEM HAVE SAID THAT THEY WILL LEAVE HA IF FB REGISTRATION BECOMES MANDATORY IN ORDER TO COMMENT ON THIS SITE.

If the village town centre suddenly tells everyone that they have to join the Labour Party in order to meet for friendly debates and chats, then I will offer my home as an alternative meeting place.

If you want to join FB and divulge all of your personal information just so that you can comment on a political website, have at it. Almost to a man/woman, the rest of us do not.

If you consider that poaching, then I’m guilty as charged.

“Poaching” was never my intent, as you guys know, and I do not wish for such an accusation to go unchallenged. Thanks.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Whoa! Call Tingles.

minnesoter on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Good – always fighting tyranny – are you out from hiding for a time?

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Not sure yet. I’m still pretty busy, but have been filling my free time with hobbies in place of hanging out here. I’ll see how it goes.

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM

My first Texas vote as well. I certainly enjoyed it.

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yep, she was nice.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

She was certainly interesting as well…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM

also

Paul Ryan knows Kung Fu

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Husband’s first vote was also for RR-in ’80. He won’t let me forget it. Mine was for GHWB in the ’88 general. Had I not been a preemie-I wouldn’t have been able to vote.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Where ya going? North, south, east or west of where you are now?

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I share your feelings..very much so. Although, I most of the time feel forced in my adult life in voting..and they know it. Have you heard of the B9 suck meter? :) My own creation.
I am trying to move home. Space Coast.

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yes. Anyone on FB will be let in…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

If they do that, a sad day indeed. Carnival time, for sure. Thanks for the 411, OC.

TXUS on August 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

The ONLY way a government run health care system can survive is by rationing care by bureaucratic decisions. Whether it is via regulations and revised standards of treatment or “death panel” rulings, rationing must occur. At some point you can’t cut the payments to providers or they stop providing and go into the fast food business.

Adjoran on August 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yep, and I think the only place I truly disagreed with her was on abortion. She really seemed to think that that was some gender specific right that all women should embrace.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I feel bad for Erskine Bowles

little did he know he’d influence the presidential election

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Regarding the speculation that Biden is intentionally making these gaffes to provide an excuse for removing him from the ticket:

1. If Obama were to remove Biden after a string of gaffes, it would call into question O’s judgment for naming him in the first place. He would look weak and panicked. Its one thing for Biden to gracefully resign, its another for him to make a fool of himself and look like he’s getting kicked off the ticket. If Obama were planning to remove Biden from the ticket, Biden wouldn’t be on the campaign trail making a fool of himself right now.

2. Why would Hillary agree to chain herself to O’s sinking ship by stepping in as VP? There is always 2016 for her.

3. Even if Hillary did join the ticket, the good feelings surrounding her would fade fast. There is a reason she lost to a half-term Senator in 2008, and the Republicans would have a field day with clips of her trashing Obama during the primaries. Why do you think O picked Biden instead of Hillary in the first place?

4. Egypt.

Lawdawg86 on August 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Me too. The best vote I ever cast. I was so excited to do it. That feeling of joy in the booth that wonderful day will likely not be equaled again, at least in my life time. But we can hope that it might someday. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

It’s funny, I like football better but there are several baseball movies that are my favorites. Have you ever read the book of “The Natural”? I’ve always wanted to read it but I forget to look for it or order it.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

wtf? b9 don’t be liking me anymore :(

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Good evening, RWM! That accusation is absolutely baseless.

I was there and you were nothing but generous and sincere in offering the late night crew a place to go so we didn’t have to split up if this place goes FB on us.

I visited your site and I didn’t see any advertising or monitization of the site at all. There would be no reason for you to ‘poach’ people from HA or anywhere else.

I don’t blame you for being upset by the accusation. Its a reasonable reaction to an ill informed and baseless criticism.

thatsafactjack on August 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM

sad face

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

0 is a robber and thief.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I used to tell the leftists, repeatedly around here, that Obama stole 500 billion (this was before the numbers were upped to 716 billion recently), and that the AARP and him are not telling the seniors. I suggested that we make it very well known that he stole the billions from them to give to his voters on Medicaid, and that, if they find out, they’d pitchfork him and the leftists.

The day is here when these news are finally out and I couldn’t be more schadenfreudig. It will kill ObamaTax, the former ‘care’ with this argument alone, or this will have a huge impact.

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I disagreed with her on that as well. Slaughter of the innocents/infanticide is something I am never going to waver on…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

she’s thinking “why did God give me a toilet brush for a head?”

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Personally, I’ve always kind of admired DWS. I mean, seriously, has there ever been another woman in history that could look straight into the camera and lie to the American public by saying, “We actually have not required in this law that you carry health insurance” while growing pub1c hair on her head?

I want a DWS ChiaPet … or would that be a PubiPet?

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I use my FB for its’ purpose, but I don’t want to see HA go there. I think they are aware of what the regulars think. If they think it is in their best interest, go with God, but some of us would be looking for somewhere cool to hang. Thanks for the offer. I already have you bookmarked and browse from time to time. You do nice work….

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Bmore my friend, if you are still around when JPeterman shows up will you please make sure he sees these?

They are tweets sent to me last night by an avid reader of HA who is not registered to comment here.

@Bree_Colt

@FloraDuh1 Flora if JPeterman leaves HA due to FB please ask him to tweet or blog.He’s quite astute.Czech like Mom

@Bree_Colt

@FloraDuh1 …He needs a blog-twitter is not 4 deep thoughts-I’m outlining a blog-I’m more boring than fun

@Bree_Colt

@FloraDuh1 I’ve cut & pasted things JP wrote. Encourage him 2 blog.

@Bree_Colt

@FloraDuh1 there are people we both follow that may help him get writing work

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Whatcha talk’n about Willis?

I will call Grace up and give you some Kung Fu upside your head. ;)

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Lolz. I hate these G’night John-Boy moments. I prefer to just drift away…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I know you do, so before you turn in watch this.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Do you think the Florida Republican Party did a good job with informing people of their options? In our area I was under the impression that we were going to get a new representative through redistricting but instead I think I would have had to vote for Mica and the lady he ran against and beat. It’s probably more my fault than theirs.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Waste not another second on idiots, good lady.

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I actually think his gaffes are accidental — he’s an idiot. I just think the barack team is huddled looking for anything to bring back the shiny objects campaign, and dumping Biden fits the bill.

Lawdawg86 on August 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I agree with your post. Well said.

Rational Thought on August 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I want a DWS ChiaPet … or would that be a PubiPet?

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I am sending you my ER bill..I just cracked a rib.

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM

No, I never did. But, for the past fifteen to twenty years I’ve always had a pile–no, make that PILE of stuff I’ve wanted to read. Lots have been read, only to be replaced by more.

Wish I could speed-read.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I agree but it truly seemed to be the only point where she would become quite militant.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Yep. An honest discussion might finally be had. I think the generation every politician fears alienating are going to surprise a lot of folks with…., well their maturity. It has to happen. One way or another, reasonable folks understand. Responsible folks will appreciate the honesty for a change. I agree with you, it will be the death of the 0bama tax. Good riddance to it and him and his.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I want a DWS ChiaPet … or would that be a PubiPet?

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I can’t say for certain, but one time I met DWS at a bar. Her hair sneaked into the toilet and afterward it was sparkling.

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Yep, I spend all my free time reading HotAir.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

That isn’t a bad vote. RR is a tough standard to reach so don’t feel bad. I’ll admit I voted for Perot in 92! THAT was a shameful vote!

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM

HA is fully aware about our FB concerns and it’s very likely nothing will change.

Schadenfreude on August 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Flora Duh on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Absolutely, I’ll clipboard them right now. ; )

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

My first vote ever as well. I was 18 and didn’t know jack. Reagan was an old man, but next to Carter you just knew…. simple choice really. I will raise my glass for you tonight Mr. President! The last truly inspirational President….

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Otherwise, it would have to be somebody that fulfills Biden’s other role …

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

With all due respect …

Biden is the SCOAMF’s insurance against impeachment or other actions which might remove him from office.

WHO can fufill that role as well as Biden?

PolAgnostic on August 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I dont..but just my view. Flora is everywhere..I block all local news.

I had Mica mailings every freaking day as well. None from Adams..my choice. SP endorsed her as did many others and the local TP. He had the dough and name recognition. Adams was elected in the 2010 sweep.

But your question was to Flora..thought I would chime in.

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I know you do, so before you turn in watch this.

arnold ziffel on August 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Lolz! Lullaby and goodnight…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I don’t think BO will put Hillary on the ticket because Sarah told him to…reverse psychology….deliberate on SP’s part so Biden doesn’t get dumped.

gracie on August 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Esp if she was drinking her red wine…

OmahaConservative on August 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM

One time Debbie Wasserman was a deluded sex craved toilet brush.

the other time she was too.

Slade73 on August 16, 2012 at 12:24 AM

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I find no shame in voting against the establishment R’s, they are part of the problem. May they go the way of the Whigs.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Adjoran on August 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM

And, this needs to be screamed from the mountain tops. I was talking to a friend’s wife the other week who thought O-care was a great thing because, “People will be able to get the care they need.” I started telling her about the NHS in the UK and about Canadians crossing the border for MRIs and her eyes sorta glazed over.

People still don’t understand what “free stuff from the government” is all about.

Yep, I spend all my free time reading HotAir.

Cindy Munford on August 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Lol. Well, if comments go to FB only, I’ll spend a lot less time here. Probably still read the articles, but that’s all.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I don’t know about others, but I did not realize how great that election would be! After all these years, RR is, for me, the greatest president of the last 100 years. At least!

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I vote for Perot as well. I’ll do you one better, until the mid-’90′s-I was a Jewish Paleo-con Pat supporter.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

It was fun! I thought he was cool. Of course I was in my NYC punk stage at that point and rebelling away from the scene. The irony. Most folks don’t get me because of things like that. Lol!. Cheers to the old man!

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Ryan in Ohio:

Paul Ryan in Ohio on Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 with a rally at Walsh University. Ryan will visit the North
Canton Ohio Campus for a 9:55 a.m. event.

bluefox on August 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Later dayz peeps.
The early bird gets the worm.

Be well.

bazil9 on August 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Well spoken!

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I’ll admit I voted for Perot in 92! THAT was a shameful vote!

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

That was my first election and I did the same. (Though, when I took my draft registration down to the SecState office, I did register to vote as a republican.)

I’m sure you learned as quickly as I did the folly in it.

RedCrow on August 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I blame myself for Clinton. I was soooooooo pi$$ed at Bush for reneging on his “no new taxes” pledge. I am proud to be a part of the TP movement though. It is what we should have had in 92.

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Someone has to stand on a street corner and whine alot. Who is a good whiner? We need several.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

libfreeordie, verbaluce – basically any of our trolls or mobys fit the whining bill …

… and I have been told by a reliable source they don’t bathe either so they need all the fresh air they can get.

;)

PolAgnostic on August 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I don’t like toxic Wasserman but I kinda feel sorry for her. Bad parents and bad genes. Mom and Dad are both in jail and she’s really dysmorphic.Her head and body are funny shaped. A couple years ago she had bilateral mastectomies…she might have the BRCA gene or even breast cancer.

gracie on August 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Truth be known KCB, I have never done well in groups or run lockstep with any. I always end up moving away from groups because of the group think nature of it. I suppose it could happen here as well. Though I must say the nature of this place agrees with me. I feel the camaraderie with out the constants of having to fit in and conform. I don’t do well with conforming never have.

Bmore on August 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM

A tune

KCB on August 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I was completely out of it in 96. My business was booming and I didn’t have the time.

csdeven on August 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM