Quotes of the day

posted at 10:32 pm on August 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

Presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan launched an offensive on President Barack Obama’s cuts to medicare to pay for ObamaCare, his first public reference to the issue since accepting the role as Mitt Romney’s running mate.

“The president took $716 billion from the Medicare program, he raided it, to pay for ObamaCare,” Ryan expained, noting that an Obama aide called the cuts an “achievement” in a television interview…

“Governor Romney and I will protect and strengthen Medicare for our current seniors and for our future seniors of tomorrow,” Ryan added…

“I’m told President Obama is talking about Medicare today, “Ryan said. “We want this debate. We need this debate. And we will win this debate.”

***

Ryan plans, for the first time, to travel on his own this weekend to senior-heavy Florida, where his campaign has said he will address entitlement reform.

A Ryan campaign aide emailed reporters to say that Ryan would “highlight President Obama’s record of slashing Medicare for current Florida seniors to fund Obamacare.” And a second campaign aide, speaking to reporters in Denver on Tuesday, told reporters that “this is a debate we invite.”

“The message here is that we’re on offense on Medicare,” the aide told reporters. “There’s only one candidate in this race that has raided over $700 billion dollars from Medicare in order to set up a new entitlement that we can’t afford and is making it harder for businesses — especially small businesses — to create jobs.”

***

Some Republicans worry that fighting about Medicare takes valuable time from talking about jobs, growth and deficits. True, but this fight was coming anyway. Better to debate it now in ways the Romney campaign can control rather than see it raised in the campaign’s final moments through under-the-radar robo calls and mailers to seniors by Democrats.

It is said that in politics, if you’re explaining, you’re losing. That’s not always true. Sometimes when you’re explaining, you’re reassuring voters and undermining your opponent’s credibility.

That’s the case with this issue now. It’s why Team Romney was smart to quickly run an ad attacking Mr. Obama for robbing Medicare to pay for ObamaCare.

Democrats have long had an issue advantage on Medicare. Republicans cowered in fear. This time it’s different. The Romney-Ryan ticket is not only talking about Medicare, it is putting Mr. Obama on the defensive. If Republicans succeed, politics will never be the same.

***

In the last few days, the Romney campaign has moved to dramatically change the terrain of Medicare politics, and it looks like the Democrats are beginning to realize how vulnerable they might be. Because of Obamacare, it is the Democrats who now plan to cut current seniors’ benefits (especially those in Medicare Advantage) and access to care (thanks to the IPAB) while still failing to avert the program’s (and the nation’s) fiscal collapse, and because Romney would repeal Obamacare and pursue a version of the Ryan-Wyden premium-support reform it is the Republicans who would protect current seniors’ benefits and make them available to future seniors while saving the program from collapse through market reforms. Through the candidates’ statements this week and through this new ad, Romney and Ryan have made clear they’re going to inform voters about this and force the Democrats to defend themselves on Medicare.

That won’t be easy for the Left, since the Romney campaign’s charges are true, and it is beginning to become apparent that the Democrats are totally unprepared for the coming fight. Their defenses so far fall into roughly three categories: Ryan did it too, the Obamacare Medicare cuts aren’t very serious, and finally what can only be called frantic distractions. Even as pure demagoguery (let alone as efforts at actual substantive arguments) all three are exceptionally weak defenses, and suggest the Democrats could be in serious trouble.

***

Rather than instituting free market reforms, the Democrats are applying governmental infrastructures like the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). This, they hope, will tame the runaway cost of Medicare, but it also will ruin traditional Medicare for future recipients as well. The program will be fundamentally different in the future than it is today, thanks to the IPAB, which will be unelected and largely free to act without interference from Congress. If the GOP is vulnerable on premium supports, Democrats are at least as vulnerable on the IPAB…

So, where does that leave us? The GOP has proposed a premium support program for the next generation of recipients in the hopes of saving Medicare for the future. Politically dangerous, for sure. But the Democrats have blown past mere danger and charged headfirst into the utterly suicidal: They are using a top-down governmental board to cut costs in ways that will likely diminish the availability of care, not to secure the future of the program but to bankroll a brand new entitlement.

So, who is more vulnerable to “Mediscare” this cycle?

Answer: the Democrats.

***

There are many Americans who believe two things about where things stand right now: The Romney-Ryan approach is unacceptable, and the status quo is unsustainable. Obama may be able to win the election by persuading a majority of the few voters still open to persuasion that in the short-term, the status quo is preferable to Romney-Ryan. But if he closes the deal by shutting the door to the reforms that we may well need in the long-term, it will be a Pyrrhic victory.

Let me be specific. A number of Democrats once believed—and some still do—that a well-crafted version of premium support is part of a balanced and sustainable long-term fix for Medicare. If the effect of the Ryan choice is to take not only the Ryan budget’s version of premium support off the table, but also the kinds of approaches that Alice Rivlin and Ron Wyden have proposed, then we’ll be left with far less appealing options for stabilizing Medicare.

***

In a November 2009 interview with ABC News’ Jake Tapper, Obama acknowledged that a third of the funding for ObamaCare came from cutting Medicare

Tapper went on to ask Obama whether he would allow Congress to repeal or patch the Medicare cuts as it does every year with the so-called Doc Fix, a measure designed to ensure adequate reimbursement payments are maintained to doctors who care for patients covered by Medicare.

Obama said that his Medicare cuts were permanent and that he would never allow Congress to repeal them.

***

“I think the Democrats are discovering that they stepped on a land mine with Medicare.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Maybe it was you! I forget too much.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I am a big fan of holding the money back until the last possible moment before the election….but I think it’s time to monkey stomp a mud hole in the @sses of Obozo and his court jester Biden right away.

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I’m holding back a considerable sum from PACs I have or control and my personal money until after the Democrat convention. The reason for the hold back is quite strategic, i.e., where and through what vehicle would the money make the most impact.

In other words, if at that time it would be better to give to one or more super PACs than the campaign and/or the RNC, or to give to specific GOTV efforts in targeted areas within certain states, then that’s where I’ll direct the money. Judgement calls, for sure, but I don’t have a limitless supply of money.

I just want to make damn sure Obama leaves the building in January 2013, and not a dollar is wasted in the mission.

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I sure heart some of that Gary Cornelius Huntsman! Who is with me?

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Yeah, I’m there with ya. Did you notice how tough Romney got AFTER Ryan was announced? Me thinks Romney had to up his game or we’d be DEMANDING Ryan be the top of the ticket!

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

HA seems to be working much better tonight!..:)

PS..Someone must have fed the hamsters..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Bmore..no problemo..
I dont have time for basil..cilantro is far superior. ;)

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I’m registered at MM’s site but rarely go there. If I give up HA cause of FB posting I guess I’ll go to her site…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

OmahaConservative:

Same here OC,registered on MM as well,I rarely go tho!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

If HotGas goes full Facebook I will simply head back to the AOL chat rooms with the constantly scrolling comments. Good times.

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Maybe it was you! I forget too much.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I remember you registered under a different handle, but I don’t remember your user name over there…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I like it! I’m sure there are some senate seats that could use some help.

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I have a Rock Lobster oven mitt.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

..was that really your comment or was it you on one of those BadLipReading.com thingies?

:-D

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Thank you Chief Justice Roberts?

Would Romney have picked Ryan if 0bamacare had been struck down?

(I expect to see some “expert” write about this and be linked in the headlines. Our stuff gets lifted off this site all the time!)

SouthernGent on August 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Same here OC,registered on MM as well,I rarely go tho!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

We may be forced to if they continue with this FB BS…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

This ad has been getting alot of play in my area of FL today.

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I sure heart some of that Gary Cornelius Huntsman! Who is with me?

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I thought it was Abraxas Adelphos Huntsman?!

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Looks like Dave Robertson may have his mojo back. Throwing strikes fro a change. Kinsler just stuck out, bitched and got tossed.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

C_F would like to post some Rock and Roll!
The Black Crowes – Remedy

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

C_F usually has good choices. ;)
B9 approved.

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone give me the Cliffs notes version of the FB thing?

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I’ve never typed “first” in any thread. In the old days we were threatened with the hammer if we did that…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

…me either…but sometimes I’ll say oh oh!… out of fear!
I’m with you on FB…left all the local comment sections in the papers around here…will have to find you guys elsewhere…I’m a different name at MM…Gordie Howe or something.

KOOLAID2 on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

And yet some people who claim to be Republicans call Romney weak. We have a financial genius at the top of the ticket and his running mate is a budget wizard. This is the strongest Republican team in memory.

Basilsbest on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I’m registered as ‘cubbiegal’ @MM’s-but MM jumped the shark years ago so I VERY rarely comment there anymore.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I wouldn’t swear to it but I think it is csm. I have to keep all the info in a file in my email.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

BTW, Harry Harrison died, the author who created the origin of my name. He wrote some great books.

RIP

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

SouthernGent on August 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Yep. All the time.

I like it, though. It’s a good way to get your thoughts disseminated.

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I will go back to reading newspapers and discussing the headlines with my cats.

Bunch of Ronulans, every one of them.

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I sure heart some of that Gary Cornelius Huntsman! Who is with me?

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Dang, now I want some Kung Pao Huntsman chikin

burrata on August 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

This ad has been getting a lot of play in my area of FL today.

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

..love that blue/red pill, don’t you, Flo?

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Stairway to heaven. My favorite version. Kids are cool.

wolly4321 on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I like it! I’m sure there are some senate seats that could use some help.

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Yep, those too. But their needs are more immediate, no reason to wait to give money in those races and would recommend contributions right now in the Senate races. We’re doing that for sure.

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

What did she do?

And how is Texas treating you?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I am still OC at MM’s blog…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Don’t go away, I will cry. I will have to give you the secret password to the tree fort (FLAN-KISS).

Anywho I don’t like FB even more now than I didn’t like it before.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’ll go back to getting a lot more work done.

And knitting.

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Bmore requested primitive drums a couple of weeks ago.

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I love Carnaval! The ones I’ve been to were an absolute blast! Great fun, great hospitable folks. Great drums always!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM

This ad has been getting alot of play in my area of FL today.

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Nice Flora.

I dont turn on the tube..just my dvr. Getting out in front of that here is important as you know.they need to. I wonder what DWS is thinking tonight? Oh Shat!

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

@rcpvideo Obama Dismisses Palin’s Call To Replace Biden As “Chatter” And “Noise”: In an interview with Entertainment Tonig… http://t.co/qjFXqKgz

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

a “fawning” michelle off his right shoulder, obama looks cool and confidant. he knows the questions that are coming, he wouldn’t have it any other way.

notice how they never ask obama anything about what mitt has to say?

renalin on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I’m still DS..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I started at Yahoo Buzz, but that place was lousy with libs, no fun at all. I moved over to Brietbart’s Bigs, had fun there, until they required you to register with Intense Debate (this was before the big smoosh). Then here. Missed two open regs, until the last one. And now they’re going Facebook. ugh.

squint on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Sorry, was late to thread. What’s the 411 on this?

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

This is the strongest Republican team in memory.

Basilsbest on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Nope. Not yet, anyway. That honor is still held by the Reagan/TheAngelsInHeaven team.

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The Romney campaign should have a plane fly over Boca Raton from now till the election with this banner:

redridinghood on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The Mayans predicted that would happen!

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Wolfmoon:

Just great,and here I was worried about how close to the
Galatic Centre earth was getting!
(sarc).

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Looks like Dave Robertson has his mojo back and is finally throwing strikes for a change. Kinsler struck out, complained and got tossed.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Good evening..Board seems to be doing much better..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

LOL. That was my comment. I was trying to see if I could get any Rock Lobster oven mitt ads to appear. And I do actually have one as well. It is the only way to be a pistol shrimp in the kitchen.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I’m still DS..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

We’ll recognize one another then…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Well you see there Nammy, there was this website created by an evil genius who wanted to take peoples faces and collect them in his very own scrapbook. His plan was to destroy everybody’s ability to communicate in order to bring down the U.S. Postal Service and destroy the foundations of this great nation.

Anyway, HA started including Fb comments in a separate place above user comments in the headlines and nobody likes it and we’re all a bit wary that it’s the start of a Powerline style conversion over to Facebook-only at which case we all grab a shotgun, two torches, and a week’s worth of rations and meet up over at Michelle Malkin’s blog.

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Paul Ryan completes me

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

We’re doing that for sure.

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I haven’t heard a lot of buzz on the senate seats yet. Lots of primary requests though. Cruz sure did a number on Dewhurst. Were you cool with that outcome?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Yep. I have to be careful about saying that I think Romney is not the greatest thing ever. Cause some folks get mad at me for it. No doubt though the ticket is helped by Ryan’s presence on it.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I am still OC at MM’s blog…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

OmahaConservative:Yup,I use the exact same name as well!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I believe the stat is that 10,000 Americans a day are turning 65.

We might have 50% of them. ;) lol

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Admit It, I Scare The Ever-Loving Sh%t Out Of You, Don’t I?

Seven Percent Solution on August 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM

WE have to bring on the Medicare fight now!
Forget about the deficits and the economy. Failure on this front spells electoral disaster beyond belief, including in congressional races. But victory spells huge gains, beyond belief, maybe even getting 60 R senators. Take the next two weeks to win the Medicare Battle. The arguments are on our side, with all age groups. A tip: our arguments are closely linked with Obamacare.

anotherJoe on August 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Paul Ryan completes me

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

HA!

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Great drums always!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Do you remember your drums request?

I’ve never been to Rio. I had a friend who always said we should go, but she passed away unexpectedly a couple of years ago. Is the best place to stay Leblon or Ipanema?

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM

OmahaConservative:Yup,I use the exact same name as well!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Good deal, bud…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I wonder what DWS is thinking tonight? Oh Shat!

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

she’s thinking “why did God give me a toilet brush for a head?”

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

We’ll recognize one another then…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I hear you!..I hope HA stays the same..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I’ll go back to getting a lot more work done.

And knitting.

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Yep. I’m too lazy to find another board.

gophergirl on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Michelle Malkin has a blog?!

squint on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Bmore..no problemo..
I dont have time for basil..cilantro is far superior. ;)

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I see beta boy just showed, he finds me irresistible. Not sure if I feel flattered or not. Lol!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Okay y’all its late.

But I leave with a question:

Who replaced csdeven with a normal person?

Or, am I drunker than I think?

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

annoyinglittletwerp:Besides the baseball team,a Grizzly bear cub,
at one point,I bet,haha!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I think folks would fall over rather than scold me. I was pushing Romney pretty hard during the primaries. Ruffled a lot of feathers. lol No doubt…Ryan has helped immensely! I don’t think it can be over stated.

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I think we should get pitchforks and rebel if this looks serious.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Good deal, bud…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

OmahaConservative:U-Betcha:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

s

he’s thinking “why did God give me a toilet brush for a head?”

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

LMAO!! More like a kitchen brillo pad.
Was that caddy of me? Why yes it was. LOL.

Your so mean slade.

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Lets start an OccupyHotAir to demand our rights as bloggers.

Someone has to stand on a street corner and whine alot. Who is a good whiner? We need several.

OccupyHotGas could be another one in case the government tries to shut us down.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Sorry to hear that news Bishop. RIP.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Troll Kill: You Can’t Fix Stupid, But You Can “Accidentally” Back Over It With Your Car!

M2RB: Pink Floyd, awesome performance of Shine On You Crazy Diamond at Earl’s Court, 1994

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Clear, concise, to the point, and humorous! Thank you very much!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Yes, the link was to an article on CNN, so that was the problem.

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Copy your CNN link then go to http://tinyurl.com and paste it in. Then use the Tiny Url here at HA.

..love that blue/red pill, don’t you, Flo?

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Yes, it’s a darn good ad IMO.

I wonder what DWS is thinking tonight? Oh Shat!

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I’m sure that’s what she’s thinking. LOL There’s a whole bunch of folks in S. FL who have had their full of Little Debbie. I’m hoping SP will offer an endorsement for Karen Harrington soon.

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Who replaced csdeven with a normal person?

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

He’s always been normal except when it comes to Romney.

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

squint on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Two.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Ryan likes rock and classical?

If this place gets jacked up with fb, man I’m gonna be sad. I started out at coulters site.but the mods got bad. (scotth) been bouncing since.

wolly4321 on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Michelle Malkin has a blog?!

squint on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Eh? Well, Michellemalkin.com Call it a blog or whatever. It seems a bunch of us are apparently registered there, though I’m under a different handle.

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

So who’s volunteering to poop on Allah’s car ?

burrata on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

This is what he said:

“We don’t spend a lot of time worrying about the chatter and the noise and this and that,” the president says. “I’m making conversations with [people on the campaign trail] and, as you’ve seen, the country isn’t as divided with gaffes or some stray remark as Washington is. Most folks know that’s just sort of a WWF wrestling part of politics. It doesn’t mean anything, just fills up a lot of airtime.”

Doesn’t even mention Biden’s name. Doesn’t say he’s “valuable” to the campaign or his administration. Totally lukewarm response, showing absolutely no commitment to Biden. I’m tellin’ ya, I know people don’t want to imagine it, but Biden will be stepping down just as the GOP Convention opens — or maybe the night Romney speaks. Barack plays to win. He won’t be limping along all fall like he is right now, taking it on the chin day after day. He had a political crony judge open a guy’s sealed child custody court records, for God’s sake, to get to the U.S. Senate. In other words, he trashed a child’s life to get what he wanted, and smiled the whole time he did it. He will do anything to win, and the media will give him cover. This war has just begun.

Rational Thought on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Many of us find you irresistible..its a curse for you B. LOL.
Watch out for the Glenn Close ones..your pet may end up in a pot. ;)

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I remember. You might want to avoid Basilsbest then. He doesn’t cotton well to even the slightest criticism of Romney.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

What did she do?

And how is Texas treating you?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Over the years she’s become more and more shrill. Add in her attacks on Perry and others that she’s deemed less than 100% perfect conservatives…
Texas is great. We’ve been here 16 months and my son moved here in May. He starts @ Tech in 2 weeks…and we work @ the same Wally World. Lucky me-not. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

‘Nite, cozmo

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Watch out for the Glenn Close ones..your pet may end up in a pot. ;)

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

A movie reference I actually am familiar with. Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Why I didn’t use my usual-I have no clue.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Clear, concise, to the point, and humorous! Thank you very much!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Cheers. When we break into open rebellion, I’ll grab you a spare pitchfork and 4-pack of toilet paper.

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM

This will bring a smile I’m sure :

burrata on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

It was bound to happen. I like the principled stand, but I hope the haters don’t get carried away.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Paul Ryan had me at hello

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Wow, that’s the headline article on Reuters right now.

I say wow because one would think that Team Obama would be keeping a laser-like focus on Ryan’s Medicare plans. Instead, they are trying to get the AP to talk about a Super PAC ad criticizing Obama for the national security leaks. This is huge. Team Romney clearly has them on the defensive, and they are now trying to switch the conversation from Ryan, Obamacare, and Medicare.

Would anybody have thought this is where the campaign would be a week ago? And is anybody else smelling blood in the water?

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

‘Nite, All

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Good evening..Board seems to be doing much better..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Good Evening Dire! Glad to hear things are running better. Maybe they finished tweeking the code. Of course that may well end up being a bad thing. : )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Lets start an OccupyHotAir to demand our rights as bloggers.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Okay, but if folks start crapping all over the place you can count me out!

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Yes, went for Cruz, though I’d known and liked Dewhurst for 20 years. Went Cruz, though, because the Senate and the country needs his voice there at this critical time. If it were ordinary times, I’d gone for David, but he’s still the Lt. Governor, not a bad thing.

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Good Night jaime, Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

So who’s volunteering to poop on Allah’s car ?

burrata on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I think he has a moped with a roof rack to strap down the cat.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

csdeven, welcome back.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM

So who’s volunteering to poop on Allah’s car ?

burrata on August 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Has none. He only walks.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

RIP

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM

That sucks. I liked ‘The Stainless Steel Rat’.

trigon on August 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Alrighty Crew,one for the road,a Fox News Three-Way,(sarc),

Hannity/Sununu/Juan Williams

GoodNight Everyone,lets Hope,tomorrow is a less of a LeftySphere
Vilolent Day—————————-:)
==========================================

9:49 pm ET August 15, 2012

John Sununu:

Democrats Are “Losers” Who Have ‘Run the Country Into the Ground’
****************************************************************

In discussing the heated campaign season, Sean Hannity wondered, what happened to President Obama’s message of uniting an America that was neither blue nor red. Hannity said on his show, “It has become smear, it has become slander, it has become character assassination, it has become the dirtiest campaign in history.”

Hannity accused Juan Williams and others who supported the president, of being “utterly silent” on how the campaign is being conducted and the things President Obama’s surrogates are saying. Williams responded, “I think that you somehow have amnesia tonight because I mean the fact is the smear has been against President Obama, starting the moment that he got into office when people said you know what our number one job is to make sure he doesn’t have a second term.”

Referencing the anti-Romney Super PAC ad that blamed Mitt Romney for the cancer-death of a woman, Hannity challenged that there is a difference between the attacks being made by Democrats and Republicans. Williams shot back, “Even John Sununu here on the show tonight said [Obama’s] got to learn how to be an American. People question his values; question whether or not he’s a socialist.”

Sununu, a Romney supporter, weighed in saying, “Look, it is getting tough, it is getting dirty and it’s an act of desperation. I will throw an epithet into the game. These guys are losers, they are losers. They have run this country into the ground. They are desperate; they know they can’t win on the economy.”

Watch their debate below: