Quotes of the day

posted at 10:32 pm on August 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

Presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan launched an offensive on President Barack Obama’s cuts to medicare to pay for ObamaCare, his first public reference to the issue since accepting the role as Mitt Romney’s running mate.

“The president took $716 billion from the Medicare program, he raided it, to pay for ObamaCare,” Ryan expained, noting that an Obama aide called the cuts an “achievement” in a television interview…

“Governor Romney and I will protect and strengthen Medicare for our current seniors and for our future seniors of tomorrow,” Ryan added…

“I’m told President Obama is talking about Medicare today, “Ryan said. “We want this debate. We need this debate. And we will win this debate.”

***

Ryan plans, for the first time, to travel on his own this weekend to senior-heavy Florida, where his campaign has said he will address entitlement reform.

A Ryan campaign aide emailed reporters to say that Ryan would “highlight President Obama’s record of slashing Medicare for current Florida seniors to fund Obamacare.” And a second campaign aide, speaking to reporters in Denver on Tuesday, told reporters that “this is a debate we invite.”

“The message here is that we’re on offense on Medicare,” the aide told reporters. “There’s only one candidate in this race that has raided over $700 billion dollars from Medicare in order to set up a new entitlement that we can’t afford and is making it harder for businesses — especially small businesses — to create jobs.”

***

Some Republicans worry that fighting about Medicare takes valuable time from talking about jobs, growth and deficits. True, but this fight was coming anyway. Better to debate it now in ways the Romney campaign can control rather than see it raised in the campaign’s final moments through under-the-radar robo calls and mailers to seniors by Democrats.

It is said that in politics, if you’re explaining, you’re losing. That’s not always true. Sometimes when you’re explaining, you’re reassuring voters and undermining your opponent’s credibility.

That’s the case with this issue now. It’s why Team Romney was smart to quickly run an ad attacking Mr. Obama for robbing Medicare to pay for ObamaCare.

Democrats have long had an issue advantage on Medicare. Republicans cowered in fear. This time it’s different. The Romney-Ryan ticket is not only talking about Medicare, it is putting Mr. Obama on the defensive. If Republicans succeed, politics will never be the same.

***

In the last few days, the Romney campaign has moved to dramatically change the terrain of Medicare politics, and it looks like the Democrats are beginning to realize how vulnerable they might be. Because of Obamacare, it is the Democrats who now plan to cut current seniors’ benefits (especially those in Medicare Advantage) and access to care (thanks to the IPAB) while still failing to avert the program’s (and the nation’s) fiscal collapse, and because Romney would repeal Obamacare and pursue a version of the Ryan-Wyden premium-support reform it is the Republicans who would protect current seniors’ benefits and make them available to future seniors while saving the program from collapse through market reforms. Through the candidates’ statements this week and through this new ad, Romney and Ryan have made clear they’re going to inform voters about this and force the Democrats to defend themselves on Medicare.

That won’t be easy for the Left, since the Romney campaign’s charges are true, and it is beginning to become apparent that the Democrats are totally unprepared for the coming fight. Their defenses so far fall into roughly three categories: Ryan did it too, the Obamacare Medicare cuts aren’t very serious, and finally what can only be called frantic distractions. Even as pure demagoguery (let alone as efforts at actual substantive arguments) all three are exceptionally weak defenses, and suggest the Democrats could be in serious trouble.

***

Rather than instituting free market reforms, the Democrats are applying governmental infrastructures like the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). This, they hope, will tame the runaway cost of Medicare, but it also will ruin traditional Medicare for future recipients as well. The program will be fundamentally different in the future than it is today, thanks to the IPAB, which will be unelected and largely free to act without interference from Congress. If the GOP is vulnerable on premium supports, Democrats are at least as vulnerable on the IPAB…

So, where does that leave us? The GOP has proposed a premium support program for the next generation of recipients in the hopes of saving Medicare for the future. Politically dangerous, for sure. But the Democrats have blown past mere danger and charged headfirst into the utterly suicidal: They are using a top-down governmental board to cut costs in ways that will likely diminish the availability of care, not to secure the future of the program but to bankroll a brand new entitlement.

So, who is more vulnerable to “Mediscare” this cycle?

Answer: the Democrats.

***

There are many Americans who believe two things about where things stand right now: The Romney-Ryan approach is unacceptable, and the status quo is unsustainable. Obama may be able to win the election by persuading a majority of the few voters still open to persuasion that in the short-term, the status quo is preferable to Romney-Ryan. But if he closes the deal by shutting the door to the reforms that we may well need in the long-term, it will be a Pyrrhic victory.

Let me be specific. A number of Democrats once believed—and some still do—that a well-crafted version of premium support is part of a balanced and sustainable long-term fix for Medicare. If the effect of the Ryan choice is to take not only the Ryan budget’s version of premium support off the table, but also the kinds of approaches that Alice Rivlin and Ron Wyden have proposed, then we’ll be left with far less appealing options for stabilizing Medicare.

***

In a November 2009 interview with ABC News’ Jake Tapper, Obama acknowledged that a third of the funding for ObamaCare came from cutting Medicare

Tapper went on to ask Obama whether he would allow Congress to repeal or patch the Medicare cuts as it does every year with the so-called Doc Fix, a measure designed to ensure adequate reimbursement payments are maintained to doctors who care for patients covered by Medicare.

Obama said that his Medicare cuts were permanent and that he would never allow Congress to repeal them.

***

“I think the Democrats are discovering that they stepped on a land mine with Medicare.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

FIRST,

for the third time,Eat your heart Out Bishop,
er, maybe I picked a bad day,for Rhetric(snark).

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Lolz. You missed it by that much. (:
Snark

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM

SparkPlug:

Lol,I was camping out on The Vault,refreshing,then pounced
when it popped up,I should of took steriods,d*mmitt!
(snark).

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM

In 1860 Étienne Lenoir used an electric spark plug in his first internal combustion engine and is generally credited with the invention of the spark plug.

A tid bit of trivia.

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

22044 on August 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I actually don’t know the reason. I wonder if it isn’t some quirk on CNN’s side since HotAir certainly has done stories about them or sited them as a source. My guess is there is a trick that the average bear is unaware of.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Strange,I’m at top page 2,and it happened on other threads today..
…hmmmmmmm!!

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

And he should bring his Medicare Mom on every single stop to remind the seniors that nothing at all is going to happen to them under the Romney Ryan fix and that the $716 billion is going to be restored to Medicare. Don’t know her health situation or anything, but to have her there at every stump speech would send a message heard round the world, as they say.

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I’m registered there also but I’m such a creature of habit they will probably have to put me in a home.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I’m registered at MM’s site but rarely go there. If I give up HA cause of FB posting I guess I’ll go to her site…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I’ve been registered there for longer than I’ve been here but I’ve hardly ever commented there. Maybe 10 times 6 years. I don’t use the same screen name there that I use here.

If this place gets bad I’ll either go to MM, Twitchy, or Ace.

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Everyone keeps saying it is impossible. I don’t trust them. I would think there has to be a huge paycheck for Biden to bow out. Paging, George Soros!!

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

They did it here in jersey with Torricelli, they will do it again. I don’t know why the republicans are going to screw themselves. Yes Obama and Hilliary will beat R&R because of the minority and woman vote. That is all you need and a few mindless. The press will run let’s make history again, and everyone will swoon and awe and say yes we can once again.

Conservative4ev on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Waiting for that thread, Ed.

wolly4321 on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Strange,I’m at top page 2,and it happened on other threads today..
…hmmmmmmm!!

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The Mayans predicted that would happen!

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Rational Thought on August 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

You know, I’ve always dismissed these theories as utter crap, but after the past couple of days, I’m wondering. Note the latest round of gaffes: “North Carolina,” “Gov. Ryan,” “20th century.” These are simple stupidities that really harm very little for the campaign, and accomplish nothing but quick media notes of a guy being a dummy. Thing is, those aren’t usually Biden’s style of gaffe. He’s done it before “j-o-b-s” but his style is more often to say something stupidly blunt that the administration necessarily want out there. I’m not buying that these are all unscripted.

Now, I still don’t believe that it will be Hillary. I’ve long been dismissive of reports that she’ll amount to anything. I remember telling friends in 2005 that she wouldn’t be the ’08 nominee. But it could be a replacement, probably somebody young. Maybe Schumer’s lackey, Kirsten Gillibrand, currently in an easy race in NY, if he’s going pure ID politics. Otherwise, it would have to be somebody that fulfills Biden’s other role as blue collar buddy, particularly as Ryan is popular among blue collar voters on our side.

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I have a Rock Lobster oven mitt.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Good gravy! Is the FB thingy an option or are we all forced into it?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Don’t know they won’t tell us. I think they are going to conjoin us. If so, its been nice. I met a lot of great folks here. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Hopefully we all get to stay & keep commenting. I guess I could go back to reading since I just read for more than 2 years, but I really hope I don’t have to.

22044 on August 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

You think this is a gambit? Univision invites Barry and Romney a presidential debate with focus on Latino issues. Barry would accept, and Romney would refuse, and further damage his standing among Hispanics.

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

What sort of crowd do you want to see? A Metro platform? Chic-fil-a at lunch? Parking lot at cirque du soleil?

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Romney/Ryan crowd pictures.

gophergirl on August 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

TXUS on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I am a big fan of holding the money back until the last possible moment before the election….but I think it’s time to monkey stomp a mud hole in the @sses of Obozo and his court jester Biden right away.

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Evening b, don’t waste your time on beta boy. I have him covered. Of course that ain’t exactly a heavy lift so…………..; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

He sparked the auto industry?

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Paul Ryan is the most gifted politician I’ve ever seen.

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

The GOP will betray you!..:)

The GOPe will betray you..For the true cons..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

If so, the old timers who left years ago will be proven to be prophets. (Spirit of 1776 etc)

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

it’s time to monkey stomp a mud hole

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Thank you for that, I’m committing that phrase to my memory till the end of time!

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

First post in a thread? Yawn. Do you get a prize?

Del Dolemonte on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Strange,I’m at top page 2,and it happened on other threads today..
…hmmmmmmm!!

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

You’re the number one of number two’s.

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Lol!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Obama and the Democrats STOLE /ROBBED Seniors of their MEDICARE!!!!!

Pound it relentlessly. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

#notthecommie2012

PappyD61 on August 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

First post in a thread? Yawn. Do you get a prize?

Del Dolemonte on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I know, right? It is stupid, petty, shallow and juvenile…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You’re the number one of number two’s.

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

ewww…

22044 on August 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Good gravy! Is the FB thingy an option or are we all forced into it?

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It’ll be a sad day when that happens. For all they gain from it, they’ll lose much much more.

squint on August 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I know, right? It is stupid, petty, shallow and juvenile…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Which is exactly how we like our QOTDs.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood,…Prince??? He is pretty badass.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I emailed @tips over this fb nonsense. Maybe you can as well. We at least deserve some answers.

wolly4321 on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

A tid bit of trivia.

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Hey Flan Girl,

Nice trivia about SP. Do you have a Rock Lobster oven mitt?

I wonder who invented Flan and vitamin B9.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I’m registered at MM site also!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Democrats are at least as vulnerable on the IPAB…

Why didn’t someone talk about these death panels before now?!?!!

Oh wait…

miConsevative on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Dang, that was good!

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Remember when Obama said Romney was ROMNEYHOOD?

Turns out OBAMAHOOD ROBBED SENIORS of THEIR Medicare!!!!

Use that Jake Tapper video OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

PappyD61 on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Cool. I thanked the guy I got it from too! :-)

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I think you are right about that. The first sign to us new ones were the huge amount of ads they added. We got around that, but the FB thing is different. Oh well I’ve been here, what 9 or 10 months. Its been great! Learned a lot.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Romney/Ryan crowd pictures.

gophergirl on August 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I would have thought there would be some available somewhere

I just flit over to Romney’s campaign website. Nothing. As a matter of fact, they don’t have any downloadable images. The only videos are campaign ads.

Don’t you think it should be a place for all things Romney/Ryan?

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

squint on August 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I have a FB page-but there’s no way in Hades that I’ll use it to comment here.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Which is exactly how we like our QOTDs.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

But it happens in every single thread…
It used to be a bannable offense, remember?

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Actually, I don’t know any of those people. I know people who don’t like the RR plan, but they were planning on voting for Obama anyway. I don’t know a single Obama voting Democrat who worries the govt is spending too much $$$. All of them are low-information voters using charts like these to convince themselves that Obama has spent less than any President in history.

txhsmom on August 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Paul Ryan is a flukeing phenomenon.

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

First post in a thread? Yawn. Do you get a prize?

Del Dolemonte on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Just got an e-mail from Ed. He’ll be sending my check tomorrow morning.

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Conservative4ev on August 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I worry more about the Clinton “surplus” than I do the gender factor when it comes to Hilary. Joe will have to be mighty “sick” to convince everyone, they can’t do it on gaffe’s alone, he’s always done that.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Sounds like a plan..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

csdeven , where have you been? If you don’t mind me asking. You don’t need to be specific obviously. I thought you had booked out for good.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I would have thought there would be some available somewhere

Don’t you think it should be a place for all things Romney/Ryan?

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Oh I’ve been looking at them on twitter for days now – I just wanted new ones that’s all.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

gophergirl on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Yeah-I remember.
Still…

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I have a FB page-but there’s no way in Hades that I’ll use it to comment here.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Ditto.

squint on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

C_F would like to post some Rock and Roll!
The Black Crowes – Remedy

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I have a FB page-but there’s no way in Hades that I’ll use it to comment here.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I don’t blame you. That FB page is pretty risque. “R”* rated, at least.

Rabbit, Bunny, its all the same.

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

FDR did regular facebook updates on the great depression.

Slojoe.

wolly4321 on August 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

PappyD61 on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Yep, and the Brett Behr clip exposes his creative math.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Maybe we could merge with Space of Aides.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

gophergirl on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

gotcha

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Have you posted at Ace’s lately?..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Nice.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Paul Ryan is fan flukeing tastic

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Oh well I’ve been here, what 9 or 10 months. Its been great! Learned a lot.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I believe there is another MM out there who will take a chance and fill the void HA will be leaving.

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Too much chit-chat! Let’s talk about Gary Johnson.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Evan Bayh. Appeals to blue collar types, low maintenance, softens the hard left image Bary can’t shake. Perfect triangulation.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

@EdMorrissey One of the most beautiful pop songs ever http://t.co/N6ZK6l9m @CamAndCompany http://t.co/PlLmMrJy

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

The Black Crowes – Remedy

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Schweet, from down my way. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Maybe we could merge with Space of Aides.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I almost spit water out on my keyboard. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Heard of a government program called Trapwire?

Surveillance Cameras Around The Country Are Being Used In A Huge Spy Network

slickwillie2001 on August 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I don’t do Facebook. It is part of my anti-bucket list.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Cindy Munford:

I’m in your camp,I don’t do facebook,unless I’m searching
for info only,like the Wisconsin Teachers Union on FaceBook,
as an example!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Ace’s is/can be a tough crowd!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I think Palin just outwitted them on the most popular recipient of that. She said the other day on Greta that the only way for Obama to win was to put Hill on the ticket.

There’s no way in heck they’re going to take her advice or to do anything she’s endorsed.

kim roy on August 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM

bbbutt..tt… McCain said the same thing too, and we know how he always has Obama’s best interest in his heart ;-)

burrata on August 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Too much chit-chat! Let’s talk about Gary Johnson.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I don’t wanna hear about Gary’s johnson.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

The Clinton machine would bury him too. 2016 is Hillary’s last shot and There Can Be Only One.

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I think you alerted me to the open registration. What few facebook comments I have seen have not impressed me and one seem perilously close to bannable. Will the hosts still have as much control?

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Paul Ryan

that’s why we won *circa Nov 7*

Slade73 on August 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Flan is a term with two meanings. The one most familiar in Britain is an open pastry or sponge case containing a sweet or savoury filling. A typical flan of this sort is round, with shortcrust pastry. In France, the term “flan” carries the first meaning as described above, but often has the second meaning: a sweet custard which is baked in a mould in the oven until set, when it may be served in the mould or turned out. The second, more widespread meaning is the one which is used in Spain and Portugal, where flan is a standard dessert, and in many countries, e.g. Mexico, where either language is used. This meaning corresponds to the etymology of the term.

There you go sparky..LOL.

I recently got a recipe for pear flan..thought of your crazy a$$.

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Yep, its actually a really good opportunity for someone. Capitalism rocks! ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I thought you had booked out for good.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Some folks were out of control so I took a break. And I have lots of property to tend to. This Ryan pick is very interesting and I wondered what you all thought about it. But then I see this FB nonsense! I forgot why I came back for a minute.

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Too much chit-chat! Let’s talk about Gary Johnson.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:19 PM

It’s amazing how many commercial products and services have gone to it exclusively. For me it isn’t a matter of disliking it so much as I think it is a fad that will be replaced like it replaced MySpace.

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Okay, do they show up with the regular headlines comments?

Or, are they somewhere else?

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I do not know!..:)

PS..I saw Scary Gary post on the Headlines using FB..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Cindy Munford on August 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Was it Dire who alerted us to her open reg that day? A bunch of us all got in at tthe same time…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I don’t wanna hear about Gary’s johnson.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Then let’s talk about Ryan’s bowhunting. Did you see the size of his arrow?

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

First post in a thread? Yawn. Do you get a prize?

Del Dolemonte on August 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I know, right? It is stupid, petty, shallow and juvenile…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

…you guys don’t get stuff fed>ex’d to your house the very next day?…oh oh!

KOOLAID2 on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Nonsense.

But I like you, so you can pick your method of leaving this existence.

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Bishop:

Lol,reminds me of the scene in the latest Batman movie,

“Death”,or, “Exile”!haha:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

kim roy on August 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM

@rcpvideo Obama Dismisses Palin’s Call To Replace Biden As “Chatter” And “Noise”: In an interview with Entertainment Tonig… http://t.co/qjFXqKgz

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

one fun thing to do is to type in a word to see if you can trigger certain google ads to appear.

When people were talking about dogs there was an ad for dog biscuits on my computer. Did anyone else see a dog biscuit ad? I ate one once. Not a dog, a dog biscuit.

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

“Death”,or, “Exile”!haha:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

You get those choices too, except for exile.

Bishop on August 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yep, its actually a really good opportunity for someone. Capitalism rocks! ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Okay, do they show up with the regular headlines comments?

Or, are they somewhere else?

cozmo on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Below the excerpt it says “Blowback.” Below that is a small beige box with a disclaimer about experimenting with facebook. That’s where the facebook comments are. Then comes the usual beige box about registering with Hot Air and the terms of use, and our comments.

Gingotts on August 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Too much chit-chat! Let’s talk about Gary Johnson.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Adorable..

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Bmore requested primitive drums a couple of weeks ago.

jaime on August 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yes I did!..:)

PS..I am also a member at Red State..I have not posted there since I got in..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Do you have a Rock Lobster oven mitt?
SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

No..so now you know what to send me for Christmas. :) Bmore has my list..he gets me the high dollar presents. I’ll give you a break.

If things go FB way..I am leaving. I have a throw away email- if you want.
I will miss ya.

bazil9 on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

…you guys don’t get stuff fed>ex’d to your house the very next day?…oh oh!

KOOLAID2 on August 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I’ve never typed “first” in any thread. In the old days we were threatened with the hammer if we did that…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

csdeven on August 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My observation has been many of the folks here are stoked. I’m not so much stoked as I am just relieved we finally have a bad cop in place. I’m not one that thinks Romney was a great choice, but it is what is. I on board to rid the land of 0. So I support the ticket. Ryan presents well even if he has a somewhat sorted voting record. He definitely helps the ticket. I think folks like him more the Romney, but that’s just an observation. They would have to speak to that individually.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Foo Fighters – The Pretender
Dave Grohl. Such a talented man.

the new aesthetic on August 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

But it happens in every single thread…
It used to be a bannable offense, remember?

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I don’t thing anything is cause for banning any more. The FB thing is pretty much proof of where this has been headed for a while now.

MustLoveBlogs on August 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM