Video: Noted dog-eater now making jokes about Romney putting his dog on the car roof

posted at 3:21 pm on August 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via the Examiner. In fairness to O, I expect no less than half a dozen dog-eating jokes at the GOP convention. Christie alone should be good for two or three. “Pro tip, Mr. President, from a guy who’s tried a lot of food in his time: Try to draw the line at animals that know their own names.” Etc etc etc.

I wonder how bad the polls would have to be for O and company to start pushing the Seamus story in earnest. Remember, according to lefty Chris Hayes, Team Hopenchange is “obsessed” with that incident because it allegedly polls horribly for Romney in focus groups. If you think the White House’s campaign can’t get any smaller or lamer, wait a few weeks until Mitt gets his convention bounce and Axelrod et al. start to get fidgety. They’ll be running Debbie Wasserman-Schultz out there in front of a huge, stark black-and-white photo of a dog locked in a kennel with the word “WHY?” at the bottom. Not even to speak, mind you — just to stand there and emote while that Sarah McLachlan song plays over the loudspeakers. Like Newsweek said shortly after the Ryan pick was announced, if you think Democrats are really eager for a cool-headed debate over ideas, you’re kidding yourself.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Transcripts,please!

I can’t stand to listen to this guy. Not good for my health and well-being.

Hill60 on August 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

But, will granny be fighting the dog for the dibs on the cat’s fancy feast in the same commercial???? I’m having trouble keeping my demagoguery straight.

ted c on August 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Excellent Post….:)

the new aesthetic on August 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Source? I think you may be mistaken.

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Twitter has killed off more people than Stalin.

Although they apparently are right regarding Ron Palillo.

Gingotts on August 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM

bayview on August 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

From her mouth to Obama’s ear. /s

skeeterbite on August 14, 2012 at 4:06 PM

They’ll be running Debbie Wasserman-Schultz…

…as a rabid dog.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM

We talk about it because it’s funny.

NoDonkey on August 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Sure –
but it’s not as funny as a long drive with a dog in a crate on the top of car…right?
Ahh…well it’s good we can all pause the outrage and laugh.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Total desperation, Barry. The fat lady — who Michelle is after for not eating right — is warming up for her big number. :-)

Punchenko on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Excellent Post….:)

the new aesthetic on August 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Indeed…but you forgot to credit Dire :)

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I apologize. Hannity reported it. Last time I trust his breaking news.

Again, sorry.

wolly4321 on August 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM

well it’s good we can all pause the outrage and laugh.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

We laugh at you and your fake outrage.

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Dear Mr. President,
Is this truly what you wish to speak of?
Can you win on this?
Can it be possible that liberals have so seduced the public into believing that government entitlements are the best way to achieve ones goals in life that we as a society will allow focus to be on personal family situations from the past..(.a possible misjudgment but, neither cruel or inhumane, should he have left the dog at the side of the road) rather than all the complicated issues of the day that confront us as a nation.
Is it fear that stalls you?…
The inability to lead…to do the hard tasks
Will that be the new American dream for those without hope we will cling to the broken promises of hope, the class warfare, the theft of our dollars as taxpayers to secure your votes from those who aren’t citizens but, wish to be, the promise of the right to marriage that isn’t the governments right to give but, rather a providence of the church, the gift of money that is the taxpayers not yours isn’t a sincere gift and I pray that we as a people have not gone so far down the road that we can’t remember all those that left before us in order to give us the right to secure a future for ourselves and our families.

rebekahhuang on August 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

well it’s good we can all pause the outrage and laugh.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

We only laugh at you.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Indeed…but you forgot to credit Dire :)

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Dire is indignant. :)

NORM!

the new aesthetic on August 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Sure –
Ahh…well it’s good we can all pause the outrage and laugh.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08

So verb, my dog likes to take long rides in the back of my pickup. He does not like to be restrained back there. There isn’t a law in my state that says I can’t drive with my dog back there.

Romney restrained his dog on the top of his car. Who makes the better decision on how to transport my dog? ME???

skeeterbite on August 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Prediction: Democrats run an ad with granny in a cage strapped to a car/SUV/van careening off a cliff.

Wanna bet against me?

SouthernGent on August 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Obama and Michael Vick should go into business together….Hot Dogs…ready to eat!!!

logicman_1998 on August 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Obama keeps reminding us that he has a lot on his plate. Need we remind Obama that we know what that is?

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on August 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Sure –
Ahh…well it’s good we can all pause the outrage and laugh.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

You can try, but I assure you this story won’t have legs. Obama ate em.

Extrafishy on August 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM

“Not only Obama ate dog and snake, he would also eat.., well, anything. that’s why I love him so much. I am Reggie Love, and I approve this message.”

Archivarix on August 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM

“Just call me, Reggie “Tiger” Love…”

Fallon on August 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I blame his mother. She really did raise an imbecile.

St Gaudens on August 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM

When she was around for that…

jimver on August 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

They’ll be running Debbie Wasserman-Schultz…
…as a rabid dog.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM

She is a rabid dog…foaming at the mouth!!!

logicman_1998 on August 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Source? I think you may be mistaken.

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Drudge ran it for a little while, sourcing Twitter, but I see they took it down now…

jimver on August 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Transcripts,please!

I can’t stand to listen to this guy. Not good for my health and well-being.

Hill60 on August 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

AGREED!

I’ve had my lifetime exposure to that toxic buffoon already. The only time his voice is permitted in my house is in a short news clip or in a political ad. Even then, if he’s still prattling on by the time I find the remote, buh-bye!

Adjoran on August 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM

“Noted dog-eater now making jokes about Romney putting his dog on the car roof”

Bow! -Wow!

jrgdds on August 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

She is a rabid dog…foaming at the mouth!!!

logicman_1998 on August 14, 2012 at 4:16 PM

It isn’t foam. Obama’s knob is just off camera.

lorien1973 on August 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

One campaign wishes to have a serious, adult discussion with the American electorate about entitlements and averting an economic cataclysm.

The other is… oooohhh! shiny object!!!

My bet is that a week or two of continued shiny object gazing will start to get laughter by the populace… laughter at those pointing to shiny objects. Laughter because the shiny object campaign is ridiculous and juvenile.

ajacksonian on August 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Well, we don’t really know how the dogs that Barry eats are crated. Maybe they’re free range dogs.

de rigueur on August 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

As an old joke:
A Republican doesn’t mind African Americans living next to his house as long as they don’t mess up the neighborhood.
A Democrat doesn’t mind African Americans messing up the neighborhood as long as they don’t live next to his house.

Archivarix on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

That is powerful and true…

mnjg on August 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Transcripts,please!

I can’t stand to listen to this guy. Not good for my health and well-being.

Hill60 on August 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM

AGREED!

Adjoran on August 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM

But transcripts won’t pick up his goofy giggling at his own joke.

txsurveyor on August 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM

These ding-a-lings should come down south and see all the folks driving pickup trucks with their dogs balancing on the toolbox in the back. What a bunch of ninnies.

AubieJon on August 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Maybe someone should point out all the abandon pets and pets put into shelters and abused and killed because of the Obama economy.

Bad Economy Kills Pet Dogs, Cats, Pigs, Goats…and People Too …
newsbusters.org › Blogs › Brent Baker’s blog

Bad Economy Hurts Pets Too | BG Reports
blogs.bgsu.edu/bgreports/2011/…/bad-economy-hurts-pets-too…

In bad economy, more give up pets | 6abc.com
abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/bizarre&id…

TSK9 on August 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Excellent Post….:)

the new aesthetic on August 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Thank you. Normally I would have gone with a simple. . Today I felt the appropriate punctuation really needed to be a bit more complexed, hence the use of the underrated. ,

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Proving again that you are never objective, and a fool.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM

AubieJon on August 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

True dat!

skeeterbite on August 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

mnjg on August 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Yes, yes, and yes. Seattle.

anotherJoe on August 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Thanks for the confirmation. When they say that “Liberalism is a mental disorder” then it is absolutely true. It has to be a mental disorder for a person to be such an utter hypocrite but yet he/she does not care about it or does not even know about it…

mnjg on August 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Hey, Seamus lived a long happy life with a happy family. Probably can’t say that about the dog, (s?) Barry ate.

BettyRuth on August 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM

TSK9 on August 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Play that commercial, with O’devil & Plugs with chains, coming for the dogs. Allthewhile, Arms of the Angels playing in the background

skeeterbite on August 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM

ajacksonian on August 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

My bet is that the mockery level is way up already. In fact, living in a town surrounded by scribblers who make their living engaging in mockery, I know it is. For those too committed to The Cause, or not intrepid enough to laugh yet, there’s stone cold gloomy silence, or else that pathetic passive-aggressive “good sportsman” lameness (“hey, it’s good we can all laugh, we’ve sure dished it out to you in the past”} lameness, of which verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM, above, is a sterling example.

de rigueur on August 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Obama would never do anything like that…. it toughens the meat.

mouell on August 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Oh, sure…just.
AND they called him a felon!
They are soooooo mean.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

If you were decent, but you are a degenerate, like your chief, you’d disown that, not defend it.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

As someone wisely said the other day,

“Mr. President, get your campaign out of the gutter!”

Sheesh.

I echo many here when I say that I will NOT willingly watch clips in which this man is speaking. It’s the smug, “aren’t I just SO erudite and populist-cool all at the same time?” attitude conveyed in his tone that stimulates my gag reflex, without fail.

pianomomma on August 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

…I’m not a big fan of dogs…

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Never trust anyone who doesn’t love dogs. They are such good judges of character.

Spiders from Mars on August 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

well it’s good we can all pause the outrage and laugh.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM
We laugh at you and your fake outrage.

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM

…poor guy posts brain pharts constantly…must have bad gas!

KOOLAID2 on August 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I have friends in other countries that are astounded at the lies and slander coming from this communist, disgrace to the Republic. It’s embarrassing to see how they view this country these days. Thanks liberals, you idiot, brainless, morons.

ultracon on August 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

de rigueur on August 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

They have to be that, and organic (not sure what that means when it comes to dogs, but since there’s organic everything, I take my bet :)…or else MIchelle won’t let him have it….

jimver on August 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM

the new aesthetic on August 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM

As long as we are having a go-about with jokes. How about the UK?

An unemployed refugee on benefits who has allegedly wrecked her £1.25million townhouse paid for by the taxpayer says she is ‘entitled’ to live there.

Mother-of-seven Manal Mahmoud moved into the upmarket Fulham address almost three years ago, but they have since been branded the ‘family from hell’.

‘I deserve to live in a nice house and get benefits. I deserve this house because I am human. In this country, it is our right to live here. It is important for my kids to have space to play,’ she said.

bayview on August 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Notice some of the replies to this article. Despite that they are not happy with this utter insanity you can see that they are not mad enough about it… The British and Europeans in general became socialist wusses long time ago. Hopefully we will stop this insanity from happening here. Fortunately half of our beloved USA still has the American fighting spirit in them (The Tea Party for example)… to fight socialism and to not become apathetic toward the madness of socialism like in Britain and the rest of Europe…

mnjg on August 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM

LMAO

Chuckles3 on August 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM

But the ‘Obama ate a dog’ try?
Wiff.
But keep swinging!

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Your man is the one who owned up to it, in writing.. So you think he’s a liar? For shame!

katy the mean old lady on August 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I think O is agreeing with Romney “you can’t drive a car with a windmill on it!” He has probably funded a $1M study to find that out! — and GM probably has produced a prototype. So what is the argument?

Why give tax break for building windmills if it is a proven technology? Why doesn’t the WH become self-sufficient on wind? They could put 1 400 ft tower on each corner of the WH property, (after all Carter put solar panels on the WH (which Reagan had removed)) Granted they would only be able to work in early morning and at twilight when the sea breeze changed, but O only works 2 or so hours a day anyway. He could use skylights to light his basketball court.

KenInIL on August 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Sure –

Ahh…well it’s good we can all pause the outrage and laugh.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

So this is a story you’re going to use to elect a president?

Try again. Harder. Put your heart into it.

itsspideyman on August 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Stolen from a commenter yesterday:

Q: What’s the difference between Bo and the president?
A: Bo has his papers in order.

slickwillie2001 on August 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Wanna bet against me?

SouthernGent on August 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM

No, but it would be hilarious to see.

There’s still over two months of this too. We should have a contest to see “How Low Can They Go!”.

kim roy on August 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Very small behavior. Beneath the office. I wonder, has anyone seen any pictures of Obama’s dog? I fear he may have been devoured.

TonyR on August 14, 2012 at 5:05 PM

So, next time Carney reminds us that Obama has a lot on his plate, let’s ask if anyone knows where Bo is.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on August 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM

The other is… oooohhh! shiny object!!!

ajacksonian on August 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Which will turn to anger because there are what? 23 million people out of work, food costs more, people are having trouble paying their bills and mortgages, etc, etc, etc, etc, and here are these clowns talking about shiny objects.

Even the most stupid know there’s something seriously wrong, but because that’s the Democratic base and they think the magic problem fairy will come and fix it they won’t care, but I’m hoping there are enough people still out there that know that it’s time for the adults.

kim roy on August 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM

But the ‘Obama ate a dog’ try?

Wiff.

But keep swinging!

verbaloon on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

You’re Dismissed.

With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chill peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share.

Barack Obama, writing about his childhood with his stepfather Lolo Soetoro in Indonesia, from Chapter Two of his bestseller Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.

V-

Del Dolemonte on August 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Oh, sure…just.
AND they called him a felon!
They are soooooo mean.

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

So what’s your point? Romney isn’t out on the campaign trail talking about Obama eating a dog. You really have no defense of the small, petty, childish a$$hole in the White House. He is out there saying that Romney doesn’t take wind power seriously enough. What would you like to bet most of the people in the audience are thinking that Romney is right? Obama is a flat out moron, it shows every time he talks.

Night Owl on August 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Wanna bet against me?

Think wheelchair instead of cage … and see Lisa Benson political cartoon released today (sorry I don’t have a link yet)

koaiko on August 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Comparing the two stories, which dog ended up surviving his ordeal?

hawkdriver on August 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I believe the proper term is “Noted fidovore”.

Immolate on August 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

There is a race thread with room on it if you are interested. Here.

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

no one will be joking about dog eating when vp paul ryan rolls out the Soylent Green Centers to deal with the grandma problem …

mittens on August 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

O, here he comes,
Watch out, Bo, he’ll chew you up!
O, here he comes,
He’s a dog-eater!…

Mary in LA on August 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Brilliant! And the fact that it’s an adaptation of one of my favorite songs doesn’t hurt either. :)

Benedict Nelson on August 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

This came across as extremely lame. If anything everyone except for diehard Obama supporters will agree.. you can’t drive a car with a windmill on it.

And the subtle dig about the dog just came across as weird.

ButterflyDragon on August 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

You know, on this side of the aisle, there have been a lot of people talking about how desperate Obama is acting and that must prove his polls are worse than the media ones. I never really bought into that.

But if they are bringing this back, after he already made fun of himself for eating a dog and accused Romney of giving people cancer, for a second try….maybe they really are just that desperate.

ChrisL on August 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

And to think this guy was once considered a great orator. Without the teleprompter he couldn’t make the high school debate team.

SpiderMike on August 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Well look who is posting…AKA as “Debbie I don’t understand what is happening Wasserman”.

Listen Debs, your posts are cute and funny, just like your sister who give interviews, they are cute and funny…stupid, but funny in strange way, we all get to laugh at you.

right2bright on August 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Mutts for Mitt all agree …

Better in the crate than on the plate.

hawkdriver on August 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Mutts for Mitt all agree …

Better in the crate than on the plate.

hawkdriver on August 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Now that there is funny.

A+++

I would have a custom “Mutts for Mitt” bumper sticker printed for my vehicle, but don’t want to get keyed (or worse!).

Del Dolemonte on August 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Mark Levin: Romney may have had a dog on the roof of his car, but at least he didn’t have dog on the roof of his mouth.

Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha…..

xblade on August 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Stole it from a friend on Facebook. It’s a poster too.

hawkdriver on August 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I guess if I said “there goes the kettle calling the pot black”, someone will holler out “RACIST”!!!

timberline on August 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Barry chewed the pooch.

SparkPlug on August 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Barack Obama, a sitting President with sounds of confidences! Sorry, demo’s, your rock star is sinking! 52-41 landslide in Romney’s favor! Obama lost this election the day after the the NC vote to defend marriage.

jjnco73 on August 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM

But the ‘Obama ate a dog’ try?
Wiff.
But keep swinging!

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

So, you’re saying that lil barry lied in his “autobiography”?

If he’ll lie about his childhood, what else will he lie about?

Solaratov on August 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM

52-41 landslide in Romney’s favor! …

jjnco73 on August 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM

From your mouth to God’s ear, my friend, but can we make it 59-41 instead? I really want that 7%. :-)

Mary in LA on August 14, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Benedict Nelson on August 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Glad you liked it! :-)

Mary in LA on August 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM

But the ‘Obama ate a dog’ try?
Wiff.
But keep swinging!

verbaluce on August 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

That dog was tough eating.
Keep reaching around.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 14, 2012 at 8:39 PM

A dog is better off on the roof of a car than on a dinner plate.

antisocial on August 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Prezzy This Is Good Beer seems to be running out of circles and the circles are getting smaller and smaller if he’s back to snarking about the doggie thingy. Hey, maybe he should try that war on women again. Paging Sandra Fluke.

Kissmygrits on August 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM

It’s natural for Obama to eat dogs, being such an admirer of Muhammad and Islam. Mohammad “the prophet” had many dogs killed because the “angel Gabriel” didn’t enter houses with dogs and/or pictures. (Bukhari 4:448)
If you’re going to kill them might as well eat them, Obama might say. They are forbidden to Muslims as pets (only work dogs if any). In fact, the Koran, sura 7:176, compares unbelievers like us to “panting dogs”.

Chessplayer on August 16, 2012 at 11:43 AM