Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on August 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

During the 2008 election, conservatives tried their darnedest to convince the American public that Barack Obama was radical. They pointed to his work as a Saul Alinsky-inspired community organizer; his background in Chicago politics; his associations with the likes of Bill Ayers and Rashid Khalidi and Jeremiah Wright; his liberal policy positions; and the fact that his voting record was rated the most liberal in the Senate by National Journal. In the end, their efforts failed. Many conservatives like to pin the blame on a complicit media or a weak-kneed McCain campaign. The honest truth, though, is that a big reason why the American public didn’t perceive Obama as a radical was that he didn’t come across that way. Whenever he spoke, gave interviews, or debated, he was calm and reasonable sounding. He wasn’t a wild-eyed. He didn’t use extremist language. So, conservative warnings about him often fell on deaf ears. I suspect that liberals will run into similar problems if they think they’re going to convince people that Paul Ryan is a radical

Much like Obama in 2008, Ryan comes across as reasonable, thoughtful and earnest. He’s heard all of the attacks on his budget proposal and has become deft at fending them off. Democrats can spend all the time they want attempting to define him as an anti-woman, granny tossing firebrand. But the actual Paul Ryan that Americans will see in speeches, interviews and the vice presidential debate will be a stark contrast.

***

[T]hey don’t understand that Ryan’s conservatism is not going to hurt him anymore than Ronald Reagan’s did in 1980. Bearing, like Reagan, a specific plan of action for difficult times, Ryan may be just the man to ride his conservatism straight into the West Wing.

Because Ryan is the king of the Reagan babies. The one that most resembles dad…

Ryan also exudes the Midwestern sunniness Reagan could project, while harboring the same capacity to respond sharply when challenged…

[T]he earnest Ryan, a complement to the avuncular Reagan, will be hard to demonize. He’ll also get credit for trying to solve the problem.

***

Paul Ryan has a plan to fix it. It is not a feel-good plan, but we don’t live in a feel-good time. It is a tough plan, but tough times require tough plans. The fact that he has a plan is a good starting point for discussion. And for many voters, a starting point is better than more mindless political demagoguery.

Ryan is an earnest guy, a good family man. He looks younger than his 42 years, and his flat Wisconsin accent doesn’t exactly boom across an arena. But because he looks so young, he speaks for the next generation, the poor suckers who have to clean up the mess after the baby boomers are done partying.

The Democrats will seek to define him as an affable but dangerous ideologue. But Paul Ryan is too clean-cut, too fresh, too well-spoken to paint as an extremist. He is the Boy Scout who lives next door who now wants to clean up our nation’s fiscal problems. Who could be against the Boy Scouts?

***

Ryan’s success has come, in no small part, from his good manners and understanding of the Capitol’s culture at an ugly, tense time. He’s charmed many of the people who might be expected to like him least, like Rep. Gwen Moore, a fiery Milwaukee representative who grew up in Ryan’s district and, in contrast with the typical home-state enmities, has been friendly with him for years.

“He’s very, very friendly, very respectful,” Moore told BuzzFeed of Ryan, noting that once when they encountered each other in an airport “he quickly grabbed my suitcase” and carried it to her car for her. Moore one of the most outspokenly partisan members of the Democratic Party, beloved by the press corps for her willingness to take unflinching aim at Republicans on women’s and civil rights issues.

But she has nothing bad to say about the presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee.

“He doesn’t have harsh words for anyone,” she said.

***

Erskine Bowles is not backing away from his previous praise of Rep. Paul Ryan now that the Wisconsin congressman is on the Republican presidential ticket.

“I like him,” Bowles, the former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and co-chairperson of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, told The Daily Caller in a phone interview.

“I think he’s smart. I think he’s intellectually curious. I think he is honest, straightforward and sincere. And I think he does have a serious budget out there — it doesn’t mean I agree with it by any stretch of the imagination. But I’m not going to act like I don’t like him or that I don’t have some real respect for him.”

***

As a candidate, the telegenic, articulate Ryan could play another much-needed role. He could be a great communicator, educating the public about policy challenges and Republican plans to address them…

We’re in another anxious period, and voters are again primed to consider serious policy talk. To play up its team’s strengths as numbers guys, countering the self-congratulatory idea of Democrats as the party of intellect, the Romney campaign could make a gutsy move. It could deploy Ryan to talk to the public at length about the looming fiscal crisis, producing a series of long-form, Perot-style videos. Nowadays the Republicans wouldn’t even need to spend money for prime-time television (although that would certainly get attention). They could rely on YouTube…

The American public is in the appropriately desperate frame of mind for a serious policy discussion. The Ryan pick suggests that Romney might be willing to offer one. The alternative is three more months of sniping about tax returns and college transcripts (not to mention how dogs are treated) — attacks on the candidates’ identities rather than their ideas. The times demand better.

***

The Republican vice-presidential candidate, Congressman Paul Ryan, is the Democrats’ political version of the Antichrist. He believes in self-reliance; the Left believes in reliance on the state. His moral values are shaped by religion (Catholicism); the Left is frightened by religious Christian politicians (and athletes, and members of the armed forces, and talk-show hosts, and, for that matter, clergy). He believes in individualism; the Left believes in collectivism. He believes in small government and powerful citizens; the Left believes in large government and dependent citizens…

Since the Democrats could not win any national election with the votes of liberals alone — according to Gallup, self-described liberals constitute just 21 percent of the electorate — the great question of the 2012 American presidential election is this: Have the Left and Democratic party sufficiently weakened the character of enough Americans to enable the demonization of Paul Ryan to lead Barack Obama to victory?

I don’t believe so. But given the enormity of the national debt incurred by this administration, its spectacular failure to improve the nation’s economy, and its commitment to weakening American defense, if there were a better explanation for a Democratic victory, I would welcome it.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Testing

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Shouldn’t that be testy? :0

How are you tonight Dire?

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

All of us, well I’m not always sure the owners care.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Michelle Malkin cared…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM

How are you tonight Dire?

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

ROTFLMAO… he just told you… testy… like always… ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Michelle Malkin cared…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Yes she did, her and Bryan Preston most assuredly did.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Then its best the WE care. We’d be smart to make other arrangements in case they don’t care. No need to become orphans.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Hey jumpin’ jack flash — is life a gas gas gas? I finished my summer with my little angel and am back to the political front.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

This must be MKH’s doing. None of this happened until she showed up, and we’re need in need of a scape goat right now. So, I say we blame MKH for pimping out this site to Zuckerburg.

But seriously, Michelle Malkin, if you are out there, I will pay a subscription fee for an account that allows us to keep the current user/comment set-up. I’m a web, Java Enterprise, and Oracle developer, I will help you design a more efficient system. But please, just don’t take away our anonymity and dilute this place with liberal Facebook garbage.

Save us Allahpundit! Go independent from HotAir again, and lead an exodus of your commenters to the promised land of anonymous blogging and commenting.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Yes she did, her and Bryan Preston most assuredly did.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

So does Cap’n Ed…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Yup, been there, done that (LGF) it sucked, fortunately I was here as well so it could have been worse.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

All of us, well I’m not always sure the owners care.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Why would they? We’re just a product to them.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Ever since those book ads from Townhall started popping up when first logging in, I’ve been feeling a bit…well…offended. I hate it when websites pull that kind of stunt on me. If I want to buy something, I’ll go do it on my own, thank you very much.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

How are you tonight Dire?

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

This HotAir missing comments thingy is a pain..:)

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Welcome back. Are you up to speed on the possible FB dilemma?

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

So does Cap’n Ed…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

If you say so, personally I’m not so sure about that.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Not for long. I left that movie disgusted.

rogerb on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Lol! rogerb, how long have you been here? If you don’t mind me asking?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Michelle Malkin cared

Yep…

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

You are golden darlin’

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I don’t know about that, OC, but my grand kids think I’m terrific!

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

You didn’t get hit, too, did you Dire?

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Are you up to speed on the possible FB dilemma?

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I started kvetching the moment I saw it appear in headlines. Do NOT take away our anonymity. What are they thinking? We’ve worked long and hard to build stock in our pseudonyms FOR A REASON.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Great to see you back friend..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Let’s Never Stop Falling In Love

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Well if they do go all FB on us… we will just have to have one last music party and leave the place a mess… I don’t think even angrymike will be able to clean up after LOL!

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Michelle Malkin cared…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM

True.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Got that right, John!!!

We know who we are and who we can trust because of our pseudonyms.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:40 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Agreed.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:40 AM

This HotAir missing comments thingy is a pain..:)

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

What? *stumblesintoroom

MeatHeadinCA on August 15, 2012 at 2:40 AM

All right my friends, I must be off. It was fun while I could play.

Bmore, you take care till I see you again, and you too Dire.

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Agreed.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

We’ve worked long and hard to build stock in our pseudonyms FOR A REASON.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Very true, but that reason is in direct conflict with their main goal and purpose, which it to make money, and blogs and websites do that primarily by selling accurate detailed tracking information on their viewers.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Good Night uncommon sense, Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I can’t stay, but I wanted to post this. I just saw it through memeorandum, and the Dems are hyperventilating. I hadn’t seen it here.

Some Democratic lawmakers want to make sure that one question does not get asked at the upcoming first presidential debate – about Simpson-Bowles.

Three Democratic House members objected Tuesday to a request by four senators that President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney be asked which of the commission’s proposals to address the debt they support. The Democrats said such a question would force “candidates to choose solutions from one menu of options.”

In the original letter, Sens. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Joe Lieberman, (I-Conn.) and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) asked the debate commission to devote “specific and extensive attention to the question of how the candidates would get our nation’s fiscal house in order during the first debate dedicated to domestic policy.”

“Specifically, we request that you ask the presidential candidates which of the recommendations of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform they would adopt as part of their plan to reduce the deficit,” they wrote….

But the Dems, surprise, don’t like the idea.

“We urge the [Debate] Commission to fight any effort to unnecessarily narrow such an important debate by placing disproportionate attention on one set of proposals over another,” they wrote, adding that such a question would “cheapen the debate” and “thwart the candidates’ ability to explain alternative proposals.”

LOL

The questions may not be asked, but the fact they were stopped by the Dems becomes a fact in itself.

INC on August 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM

If they do try to do the FB, we’ll have to come up with a plan to stay in contact.

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:43 AM

INC on August 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Read that article earlier.

The Dems are getting more and more desperate by the day.

Love it!

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Evening John, good to see ya. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Great to be back. Had to devote 24/7 to the “Little Libertarian” in my life, but now am preened and rested and ready to do battle this election cycle. Man it’s gotten ugly early. Both Hume and McCain said on Greta tonight they’ve never seen it so ugly.

Oh, and btw? I had Egg McMuffins for breakfast this a.m.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I’m in.

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

uncommon sense, we will. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Tempo Perdido

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Yes it is running like a cheap watch..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Oh, and btw? I had Egg McMuffins for breakfast this a.m.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

lol

I had scrambled, toast and…horror of horrors…BACON!!!

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Well… I guess a third martini won’t hurt anything… :)

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Heh heh heh, that’s what were working on right now. Here are two places you can go to check for refuges if it come to that.

This is my other main hang-out. http://www.theblogmocracy.com/

And this is my blog. http://thewildernessofmirrors.wordpress.com/

Everyone is invited to check either or both is the event of disastrous management decisions here.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Sorry to hear it. I hope it clears soon.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:47 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

HA is a unique business model. Forcing a Web 2.0 cookie-cutter template on this community ain’t gonna work.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:47 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I am glad everything went well in your time with your little girl..Been to see your folks lately in the great NW??..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM

How is Thad doing and his wife, Julie?

In my prayers.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:47 AM

That don’t mean some upper management bean counting stooge won’t do it though.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Yes it is running like a cheap watch..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

It’s got to be them tinkering with the site. Your java stuff current?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

How is Thad doing and his wife, Julie?

In my prayers.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM

They are doing good.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Lol! rogerb, how long have you been here? If you don’t mind me asking?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Not long. Eastern time zone here so it’s early in the morning, and probably won’t be around long since I’ve got a new Pratchett book to try and get me back to sleep. Have fun if I miss you.

rogerb on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Hey, B! Been lurking and watching you fight the good fight the past few weeks.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I can’t see you, but if you can see me, I love you guys!! You know who you are. May the experiment that is Hot Air live on!! And WTF is this Face Book thing?

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM

the great NW??..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Spent the entire summer in Seattle area. Wonderful. We got the Blue Angels last week.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM

rogerb on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

LOL! Good Night rogerb, Sleep Well. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

If Headaches Were Nickles

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

They are doing good.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Good to know.

Thnx for the link to Wilderness.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Oh, and yea, that really is my from my glory days back in the 90′s when I was a professional musician and discovering just how difficult it is to own and operation a small independent record company.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Spent the entire summer in Seattle area.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM

That’s where my mom was born… Lovely place during the summer, but it gets way to cold in the winter, it would also be a tad bit nicer if it would quit raining once in a while… ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Hey, B! Been lurking and watching you fight the good fight the past few weeks.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Glad to hear you had a fun time with the little Libertarian. School starting out that way too. They have em back in here now. Man we didn’t used to go back until sometime in Sept after the holiday. Times change.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Well…okay…but…um…you didn’t build that!

lol

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:55 AM

upper management bean counting stooge

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Agreed. Salem is looking at HA and drooling over ways to monetize it.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:55 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Cool!..Very cool!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Well…okay…but…um…you didn’t build that!

lol

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Nope…. But I sure as hell did crash it into the ground at 10,000 miles per hour… lol lol…

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Your java stuff current?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Agreed. Salem is looking at HA and drooling over ways to monetize it.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I had a bad feeling it would come down to money when MM sold HA. (I don’t blame her; she’s a smart businessworman.)

But Salem will be making a huge mistake if they think throwing us into FB is the way to go.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:57 AM

it would also be a tad bit nicer if it would quit raining once in a while… ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM

What’s the old joke? Seattle must be great because a billion slugs can’t be wrong…

It’s paradise August through October here. Winters are not too severe because the Puget Sound keeps things moderate. But it is always always always overcast and gray. We had rainstorms this year through July.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Your java stuff current?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Well damn it, there’s your problem right there… ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Ditto that, SW. I’ve owned two small businesses, both with employees. It was Nightmare Alley.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Slow Train

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Salem will be making a huge mistake

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I’ll be the first to leave.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM

The line starts back————————————-> there!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM

I’ll be the first to leave.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM

There’s going to be a rush for the exit, that’s for sure.

I’ll be first right after you.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I was born in Yakima but grew up as a kid in East Marysville. Well until my step father got transferred to San Diego (Navy Brat dontcha know). ;)

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Strange, there are a bunch of folks having the same issue. No luck finding that common thread yet. Has to be the site tinkering. Most folks aren’t having issues outside of here. The comments seem to be the issue, just like it was for me with the iPad thingy a few weeks back. Wish they would get the tweaking done.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 3:01 AM

t about this??

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Testing!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Can you see us now?

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Testing!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM

We see you.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Oh, you don’t even know… If I get to far into the details I might go back to hiding under my bed for another couple of years. I had eight employes, in 1996… they all died… (Yes I am serious)

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Good evening!!..I hope all is well..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Testing!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Yep

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Slow Train

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Wow, that was tasty. Can’t believe I haven’t seen him yet, I go to a lot of blues fests. Thanks for the treat, I already emailed the link to some of my clan.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 3:05 AM

SW, if you’re still here, I really liked this article:

You have to be a Democrat to be this Dishonest.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 3:05 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

!!!

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Try THIS

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Good evening!!..I hope all is well..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Doing all right, in spite of the fact that it’s been over 100 degrees every day for the last 3 weeks and is only just now dropping down to 72 or so… ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM

SW, if you’re still here, I really liked this article:

You have to be a Democrat to be this Dishonest.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Yea, I’m still here, it’s just a tad bit to warm still to go to bed… ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Oh yeah? Take THIS, Jack.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Oh that’s nice… ;)

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Excellent.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:15 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Try the ‘Sloe Gin’ tune… as you know, I’m a guitar junkie.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 3:18 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM

hehe, 109 expected tomorrow in Sacramento and the Sacto Valley, and between 104-106 every day till the end of the week…bit of a shock for us all, here…

jimver on August 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM

We’ll all be self banned…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

You can all use my blog, if you want. I was thinking about starting a companion community site where people can register to post articles.

I don’t care about language although I think that we could all agree that some decorum (overt racism, anti-Semitism, etc.) would warrant warnings or bannings. On the community page, we could make decisions as a community.

As you all know, I don’t have any advertising on my blog and make no money off of it so you there would be no aggravating pop-up ads, etc.

I love HA, but I hate FB and will never join it. If HA goes the way of FB, I — like many of you — will be out of here.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to raise the possible alternative. Obviously, my feelings wouldn’t be hurt if you guys said no. It’s not a vanity offer. Just an alternative offer to avoid FB tyranny.

:-) G’nite!

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Try the ‘Sloe Gin’ tune… as you know, I’m a guitar junkie.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM

ROTFLMAO… I seriously need the shocked face emo-con for that one… (Yea, back in the day when I was a musician Sloe Gin was my drink) ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM

jimver on August 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM

BWAHAHAH…. This is actually our normal temp for this time of year… ;p (That don’t mean it don’t still feel hot though)

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM