Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on August 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

During the 2008 election, conservatives tried their darnedest to convince the American public that Barack Obama was radical. They pointed to his work as a Saul Alinsky-inspired community organizer; his background in Chicago politics; his associations with the likes of Bill Ayers and Rashid Khalidi and Jeremiah Wright; his liberal policy positions; and the fact that his voting record was rated the most liberal in the Senate by National Journal. In the end, their efforts failed. Many conservatives like to pin the blame on a complicit media or a weak-kneed McCain campaign. The honest truth, though, is that a big reason why the American public didn’t perceive Obama as a radical was that he didn’t come across that way. Whenever he spoke, gave interviews, or debated, he was calm and reasonable sounding. He wasn’t a wild-eyed. He didn’t use extremist language. So, conservative warnings about him often fell on deaf ears. I suspect that liberals will run into similar problems if they think they’re going to convince people that Paul Ryan is a radical

Much like Obama in 2008, Ryan comes across as reasonable, thoughtful and earnest. He’s heard all of the attacks on his budget proposal and has become deft at fending them off. Democrats can spend all the time they want attempting to define him as an anti-woman, granny tossing firebrand. But the actual Paul Ryan that Americans will see in speeches, interviews and the vice presidential debate will be a stark contrast.

***

[T]hey don’t understand that Ryan’s conservatism is not going to hurt him anymore than Ronald Reagan’s did in 1980. Bearing, like Reagan, a specific plan of action for difficult times, Ryan may be just the man to ride his conservatism straight into the West Wing.

Because Ryan is the king of the Reagan babies. The one that most resembles dad…

Ryan also exudes the Midwestern sunniness Reagan could project, while harboring the same capacity to respond sharply when challenged…

[T]he earnest Ryan, a complement to the avuncular Reagan, will be hard to demonize. He’ll also get credit for trying to solve the problem.

***

Paul Ryan has a plan to fix it. It is not a feel-good plan, but we don’t live in a feel-good time. It is a tough plan, but tough times require tough plans. The fact that he has a plan is a good starting point for discussion. And for many voters, a starting point is better than more mindless political demagoguery.

Ryan is an earnest guy, a good family man. He looks younger than his 42 years, and his flat Wisconsin accent doesn’t exactly boom across an arena. But because he looks so young, he speaks for the next generation, the poor suckers who have to clean up the mess after the baby boomers are done partying.

The Democrats will seek to define him as an affable but dangerous ideologue. But Paul Ryan is too clean-cut, too fresh, too well-spoken to paint as an extremist. He is the Boy Scout who lives next door who now wants to clean up our nation’s fiscal problems. Who could be against the Boy Scouts?

***

Ryan’s success has come, in no small part, from his good manners and understanding of the Capitol’s culture at an ugly, tense time. He’s charmed many of the people who might be expected to like him least, like Rep. Gwen Moore, a fiery Milwaukee representative who grew up in Ryan’s district and, in contrast with the typical home-state enmities, has been friendly with him for years.

“He’s very, very friendly, very respectful,” Moore told BuzzFeed of Ryan, noting that once when they encountered each other in an airport “he quickly grabbed my suitcase” and carried it to her car for her. Moore one of the most outspokenly partisan members of the Democratic Party, beloved by the press corps for her willingness to take unflinching aim at Republicans on women’s and civil rights issues.

But she has nothing bad to say about the presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee.

“He doesn’t have harsh words for anyone,” she said.

***

Erskine Bowles is not backing away from his previous praise of Rep. Paul Ryan now that the Wisconsin congressman is on the Republican presidential ticket.

“I like him,” Bowles, the former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and co-chairperson of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, told The Daily Caller in a phone interview.

“I think he’s smart. I think he’s intellectually curious. I think he is honest, straightforward and sincere. And I think he does have a serious budget out there — it doesn’t mean I agree with it by any stretch of the imagination. But I’m not going to act like I don’t like him or that I don’t have some real respect for him.”

***

As a candidate, the telegenic, articulate Ryan could play another much-needed role. He could be a great communicator, educating the public about policy challenges and Republican plans to address them…

We’re in another anxious period, and voters are again primed to consider serious policy talk. To play up its team’s strengths as numbers guys, countering the self-congratulatory idea of Democrats as the party of intellect, the Romney campaign could make a gutsy move. It could deploy Ryan to talk to the public at length about the looming fiscal crisis, producing a series of long-form, Perot-style videos. Nowadays the Republicans wouldn’t even need to spend money for prime-time television (although that would certainly get attention). They could rely on YouTube…

The American public is in the appropriately desperate frame of mind for a serious policy discussion. The Ryan pick suggests that Romney might be willing to offer one. The alternative is three more months of sniping about tax returns and college transcripts (not to mention how dogs are treated) — attacks on the candidates’ identities rather than their ideas. The times demand better.

***

The Republican vice-presidential candidate, Congressman Paul Ryan, is the Democrats’ political version of the Antichrist. He believes in self-reliance; the Left believes in reliance on the state. His moral values are shaped by religion (Catholicism); the Left is frightened by religious Christian politicians (and athletes, and members of the armed forces, and talk-show hosts, and, for that matter, clergy). He believes in individualism; the Left believes in collectivism. He believes in small government and powerful citizens; the Left believes in large government and dependent citizens…

Since the Democrats could not win any national election with the votes of liberals alone — according to Gallup, self-described liberals constitute just 21 percent of the electorate — the great question of the 2012 American presidential election is this: Have the Left and Democratic party sufficiently weakened the character of enough Americans to enable the demonization of Paul Ryan to lead Barack Obama to victory?

I don’t believe so. But given the enormity of the national debt incurred by this administration, its spectacular failure to improve the nation’s economy, and its commitment to weakening American defense, if there were a better explanation for a Democratic victory, I would welcome it.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I saw one of the links you posted to someone last night to help them fix something was actually a link to a Frank Zappa song : )

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Lol!, that was to KCB, I was just playing around. He couldn’t see the comments, so I thought I would be unhelpful and load him a tune he couldn’t see. The tune is about not being able to see.

See.

or rather listen. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Oops, See.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yes… the drums in ‘Hitchin’ A Ride’ are very good. Boston was a first rate band.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Yes! I got the DNT and now FB is gone for now.
Thanks everyone.

I’m still going to say what I said earlier.

For cryin out loud, I waited and waited for open registration and then this FB crap.
What is this the HA dream act?

MontanaMmmm on August 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Funny though I still have some naysayer and paulbots running rampant in my local 912 group who won’t vote for Mitt. They keep crying about how Mitt was involved in voter fraud that screwed over Paul in the primaries. That Ryan talks a big game but his record isn’t that good. That Romney’s record shows that he won’t do enough to turn the ship around, etc.

I’ve tried arguing with them every which way I can but it’s like talking to a wall. Very frustrating as we’re a battleground state in NH and these morons spreading this garbage could actually influence others not to support Romney.

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Regarding the Paulbots:

My girlfriend was a HUGE supporter of Paul going into the primaries, she also like Perry (thought not like her adulation of Paul), and was as equally anti-Romney as myself. As the primaries wore on, I couldn’t help but point out to her that Paul was taking it easy on Romney while bashing nearly everyone else, and that he was in fact ceding the nomination to Romney.

She started to notice it more and more, and eventually switched over to Newt just to stick it to Romney.

She was planning on voting for (shudder) Gary Johnson, but now that Mitt has picked Ryan, she is literally enthusiastic about voting for the ticket.

So, I guess if there is a lesson in all of this regarding Paul acolytes from my experience, its that if they have a problem with Romney, you should ask them why they don’t blame Paul for treating Romney with kid gloves throughout the primaries.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

You guys do realize I’ll probably be banned for the Abine thingy, right?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

The Waiting

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Damn yankees

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

JPeterman I just received this tweet from someone who is not registered to comment here but she’s a faithful reader of Hot Air.

@Bree_Colt

@FloraDuh1 Flora if JPeterman leaves HA due to FB please ask him to tweet or blog.He’s quite astute.Czech like Mom

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

If you go, B…I’m going, too! First I’ll plead your case… and if that doesn’t work… I’ll quit HA!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

We’ll all be self banned…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

The history of what the Czechs had to endure is staggering, to say the least. It’s a testimony to the endurance of the human spirit that any one of the Czechs survived under the Nazis and then the Communists.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Yes, that double whammy is explained quite well in that book I mentioned. My uncle, who I didn’t know existed until after the fall, escaped through Austria, went into Italy to the U.S. Embassy and defected, along with 10 other scientists and were given asylum in the U.S.

We do need to keep in touch. I’ve been going to start a blog, but still haven’t had time. Perhaps we can hook up over at “Resist We Must’s” blog? I’m checking out for the night but will check this thread in the morning.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Falling Away From Me – heavy stuff

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

You guys do realize I’ll probably be banned for the Abine thingy, right?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

One can hope…Don’t worry, canopfor will launch a “bring back Bmore” campaign…

Gohawgs on August 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Made me laugh! That’s the best ” HA DREAM ACT!” LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

??? Been playin tunes and fighting technology. what did you do young man??

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Excellent!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

We’ll all be self banned…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

We really should start over, then that would buy us some time to stave off the FB thingy.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Obama was made by the media and other evil forces.
If the media was to have followed a few leads, teh one would never have been elected.

They could have started with his
SSN
ss card
Aliases used
School financial records

etc. etc. ad naudium.

esnap on August 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Absolutely agree with you that all the the above should have been investigated and brought to light. However, looking back on the 2007-2008 campaign season, I don’t know that any of it would have made a bit of difference in the outcome. Here’s why I feel this way:

The country was suffering from Bush fatigue. Even a great many conservatives got caught up in the feeling of malaise, which Obama was so good at exploiting through his smooth speeches and trance- inducing voice. Combine this with a poor candidate in McCain, the White guilt, the over-whelming turnout of Black voters, and the perfect storm was created.

I truly believe that the voters were so desperate to “feel good” again that it was an easy thing for Obama to fill the void and the truth about him would have meant nothing…or very little…at the time.

Anyway, my personal opinion. Would like to hear your thoughts.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 1:57 AM

??? Been playin tunes and fighting technology. what did you do young man??

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I did something good. It will be fine. If I turn up missing you know who I’m coming back as right?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM

For all you young ‘uns out there, this is how we rolled!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Terrific idea. Will do, and I will likewise check here in the morning.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

It does not see like our little filibuster is going so well.

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Flora, care to share your thoughts on the FB thing?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Good thing that Ryan is working out all ready! :)

Yeah that’s a good point. These guys are something else though. They won’t blame paul for anything, it’s sickening… I pointed out that Paul tries to have it both ways by putting earmarks in bills and then voting against the bills when he knows it’ll pass to say he didn’t vote for any earmarks.

And yet they still can’t criticize him for anything!

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

@Bree_Colt

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Oh my! Remind me tomorrow! Thanks!

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

For all you young ‘uns out there, this is how we rolled!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Bad link…

Gohawgs on August 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

seeseem

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM

You guys do realize I’ll probably be banned for the Abine thingy, right?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Thanks to you, Bmore, I’m using Albine and love it. Guess I’ll be banned right along with you.

As far as HA going FB…if so, no way for me.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Bluegill, right?

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Wait! I know the answer to that!

AnninCA, right?

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Noooooooooo, Cless…

Gohawgs on August 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:58 AM

That was so wrong… i got to apologize. Thought it was funny till I read it.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Yeah… how about that? Not sure what to make of it!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Bluegill, right?

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Lol! No not the gilled one.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Does Bmore even know AnninCA???

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Does Bmore even know AnninCA???

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Wondered about that once I posted it.

How ya’ doing, OC?

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

AnninCA, right?

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Gosh, I hope not. Lol!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Now you have to tell, B. Curiosity is on overdrive!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Flora, care to share your thoughts on the FB thing?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Bmore, what is this talk of being banned, and what is this FaceBook that you speak of? :)

Seriously, I haven’t been around to learn about the FB thingy.

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

AnninCA, right?

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Gosh, I hope not. Lol!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Omaha Conservative and I were wondering if you knew about AnninCA.

Guess you do!

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

How ya’ doing, OC?

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Hey darlin’
How are you?

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Take It To The Limit

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Gosh, I hope not. Lol!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Nah, B is coming back as cr666 LOL!

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Excuse my ignorance but what’s albine?

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Does Bmore even know AnninCA???

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Not intimately, just from reading the thread comments back before I came on, and whatever you fine folks have told me from time to time. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Any of my yankee friends liking this???

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Must have tune…

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Excuse my ignorance but what’s albine?

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

It’s the thing that going to get me thrown out of the Salem system. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I’m fair to middling. Injured my spinal column and in the process of getting it back to normal. Been giving me fits, to say the least.

But it’s hard to keep us conservatives down and out!

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

LOL! Makes me sing along!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Some girls like bad boys.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Prayers ascending for you Granny…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

On a jag now.. One of These Nights

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

AnninCA was a real experience for HA folks. :)

Anybody know what happened to her? She seems to have vanished in a puff of smoke.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

It’s the thing that going to get me thrown out of the Salem system. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Well you’re always welcome to come over to my other haunt. http://www.theblogmocracy.com/ in fact anyone who doesn’t want to stay if and when the FB Carp goes down is welcome over there.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Thnx from the bottom of this granny’s heart for your prayers.

I’d hug you, OC, but it hurts too much.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I sorta’ miss AnninCa…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Nice tune!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

And yet they still can’t criticize him for anything!

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Therein lies the difference between the largely man-child population of Paulites, and adult Republicans.

Republicans will have out our fights and beat the **** out of each other, but we will also ultimately accept whoever emerges the winner because we are team players, and we will respect the victor and the loser more for having thrown down.

The Paulites shy away during the fight, offer sniping commentary from the sidelines, and then b*tch about who wins.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Seriously, I haven’t been around to learn about the FB thingy.
uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

How we doing uncommon sense, good to see you. The site is talking about cojoining us with FBers although none of us are sure exactly how it would work. Well that’s only partially true a good many of us are certain it won’t work. Do you FB , uncommon sense?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Yeah… how about that? Not sure what to make of it!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM

What’s going on.

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM

AAAWWWSSSOOOMMMEEE.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Um, no, never been a big social media site… why make it easier for people to data mine me. ;)

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I still love ya’ silver fox…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I have no idea, sorry.

I sorta’ miss AnninCa…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I knew you were going to say that OC. Lol!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

MontanaMmmm on August 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Nice cover of that tune! Great segue, too!:)

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Got it bookmarked, SW.

Gracia!

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

oops…Gracias

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM

On a side note, doing well just busy, as usual. Just thought I’d pop in fore a few before I have to call it a night. Hope all is well with you.

And on a different side note… I love the Abine, may they ban us all :)

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Exactly, me either. Looks like we may be headed that way. They are testing it as we speak. In the headline threads. Townhall we will be. : (

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:17 AM

And on a different side note… I love the Abine, may they ban us all :)

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Not a bad idea. Lol!

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I hate FB, FWIW…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Great! /s

Well I guess Ed and Allah want all their peeps hacked by the Chinese, or worse the Obama campaign. :)

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

You guys do realize I’ll probably be banned for the Abine thingy, right?

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

We will HOPE that doesn’t happen …

… but we ahould be prepared to “William Wallace” them before we go!

Now where am I going to find a kilt?

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM

oops…Gracias

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Hey now… there’s no grass where my sun don’t shine… j/k no worries, everybody is welcome… ;)

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I’d let you borrow mine, but then what would I wear :)

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I still love ya’ silver fox…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Heh! Me likey…Silver Fox. ‘Cept I’m not “silver” yet. I’m a granny but not that old. lol

I sorta’ miss AnninCa…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Sometimes, I sorta miss her, too. But never could quite figure out which side she came down on.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

NO! No Townhall for me!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I love the Abine, may they ban us all :)

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Ummm, what’s the Abine?

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I appreciate that. I have you in my blog folder. Let’s hope we get to maintain our intact family status right here at good ole HA. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

For ol’ Joe.

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I hate FB, FWIW…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

That’s because you have more than two functional brain cells… ;)

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

By the way, I’ve gone platinum! LOL!

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I hate FB, FWIW…

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Me, too, with a passion.

Looks like I’m in good company.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

You are golden darlin’

OmahaConservative on August 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Bookmarked and thank you, Walker.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Abine.om is an add-on the prevents websites from tracking wher’ you have been and where you are going.

The is an unfounded rumor that I am spreading that it also blocks libfreeordire, ddrintn, UES and other annoying pests.

It blocks Facebook tracking especially well.

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I suspect most of the people here would like the place, it’s good people on the conservative side of the tracks as it were.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM

John the Libertarian on August 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Excellent tune, John!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Townhall we will be. : (

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Not for long. I left that movie disgusted.

rogerb on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

It blocks Facebook tracking especially well.

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Oh… there’s a bunch of apps that do that, I use ghostery for it… ;p

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

By the way, I’ve gone platinum! LOL!

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Isn’t it an amazing thing when Albine shows you how much has been blocked?

Geez Louise. Who knew how many ways we were being tracked? I think we should throw a party for Bmore for putting us on to Albine.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

NO! No Townhall for me!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Nor me. If that’s what I wanted that’s where I’d be. Ed will probably get a job with CNN or something. Allah, good grief I have no idea. MKH ever onward, she’s always on the move. Jazz I could see staying, no offence Jazz. Erika, well she’s young and talented she’ll be fine. All of us, well I’m not always sure the owners care.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Testing

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I’ll drink to that! “clink” :)

uncommon sense on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

All of us, well I’m not always sure the owners care.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Why would they? We’re just a product to them.

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

SWalker on August 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Okay, that right there’s funny.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM