Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on August 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

During the 2008 election, conservatives tried their darnedest to convince the American public that Barack Obama was radical. They pointed to his work as a Saul Alinsky-inspired community organizer; his background in Chicago politics; his associations with the likes of Bill Ayers and Rashid Khalidi and Jeremiah Wright; his liberal policy positions; and the fact that his voting record was rated the most liberal in the Senate by National Journal. In the end, their efforts failed. Many conservatives like to pin the blame on a complicit media or a weak-kneed McCain campaign. The honest truth, though, is that a big reason why the American public didn’t perceive Obama as a radical was that he didn’t come across that way. Whenever he spoke, gave interviews, or debated, he was calm and reasonable sounding. He wasn’t a wild-eyed. He didn’t use extremist language. So, conservative warnings about him often fell on deaf ears. I suspect that liberals will run into similar problems if they think they’re going to convince people that Paul Ryan is a radical

Much like Obama in 2008, Ryan comes across as reasonable, thoughtful and earnest. He’s heard all of the attacks on his budget proposal and has become deft at fending them off. Democrats can spend all the time they want attempting to define him as an anti-woman, granny tossing firebrand. But the actual Paul Ryan that Americans will see in speeches, interviews and the vice presidential debate will be a stark contrast.

***

[T]hey don’t understand that Ryan’s conservatism is not going to hurt him anymore than Ronald Reagan’s did in 1980. Bearing, like Reagan, a specific plan of action for difficult times, Ryan may be just the man to ride his conservatism straight into the West Wing.

Because Ryan is the king of the Reagan babies. The one that most resembles dad…

Ryan also exudes the Midwestern sunniness Reagan could project, while harboring the same capacity to respond sharply when challenged…

[T]he earnest Ryan, a complement to the avuncular Reagan, will be hard to demonize. He’ll also get credit for trying to solve the problem.

***

Paul Ryan has a plan to fix it. It is not a feel-good plan, but we don’t live in a feel-good time. It is a tough plan, but tough times require tough plans. The fact that he has a plan is a good starting point for discussion. And for many voters, a starting point is better than more mindless political demagoguery.

Ryan is an earnest guy, a good family man. He looks younger than his 42 years, and his flat Wisconsin accent doesn’t exactly boom across an arena. But because he looks so young, he speaks for the next generation, the poor suckers who have to clean up the mess after the baby boomers are done partying.

The Democrats will seek to define him as an affable but dangerous ideologue. But Paul Ryan is too clean-cut, too fresh, too well-spoken to paint as an extremist. He is the Boy Scout who lives next door who now wants to clean up our nation’s fiscal problems. Who could be against the Boy Scouts?

***

Ryan’s success has come, in no small part, from his good manners and understanding of the Capitol’s culture at an ugly, tense time. He’s charmed many of the people who might be expected to like him least, like Rep. Gwen Moore, a fiery Milwaukee representative who grew up in Ryan’s district and, in contrast with the typical home-state enmities, has been friendly with him for years.

“He’s very, very friendly, very respectful,” Moore told BuzzFeed of Ryan, noting that once when they encountered each other in an airport “he quickly grabbed my suitcase” and carried it to her car for her. Moore one of the most outspokenly partisan members of the Democratic Party, beloved by the press corps for her willingness to take unflinching aim at Republicans on women’s and civil rights issues.

But she has nothing bad to say about the presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee.

“He doesn’t have harsh words for anyone,” she said.

***

Erskine Bowles is not backing away from his previous praise of Rep. Paul Ryan now that the Wisconsin congressman is on the Republican presidential ticket.

“I like him,” Bowles, the former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and co-chairperson of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, told The Daily Caller in a phone interview.

“I think he’s smart. I think he’s intellectually curious. I think he is honest, straightforward and sincere. And I think he does have a serious budget out there — it doesn’t mean I agree with it by any stretch of the imagination. But I’m not going to act like I don’t like him or that I don’t have some real respect for him.”

***

As a candidate, the telegenic, articulate Ryan could play another much-needed role. He could be a great communicator, educating the public about policy challenges and Republican plans to address them…

We’re in another anxious period, and voters are again primed to consider serious policy talk. To play up its team’s strengths as numbers guys, countering the self-congratulatory idea of Democrats as the party of intellect, the Romney campaign could make a gutsy move. It could deploy Ryan to talk to the public at length about the looming fiscal crisis, producing a series of long-form, Perot-style videos. Nowadays the Republicans wouldn’t even need to spend money for prime-time television (although that would certainly get attention). They could rely on YouTube…

The American public is in the appropriately desperate frame of mind for a serious policy discussion. The Ryan pick suggests that Romney might be willing to offer one. The alternative is three more months of sniping about tax returns and college transcripts (not to mention how dogs are treated) — attacks on the candidates’ identities rather than their ideas. The times demand better.

***

The Republican vice-presidential candidate, Congressman Paul Ryan, is the Democrats’ political version of the Antichrist. He believes in self-reliance; the Left believes in reliance on the state. His moral values are shaped by religion (Catholicism); the Left is frightened by religious Christian politicians (and athletes, and members of the armed forces, and talk-show hosts, and, for that matter, clergy). He believes in individualism; the Left believes in collectivism. He believes in small government and powerful citizens; the Left believes in large government and dependent citizens…

Since the Democrats could not win any national election with the votes of liberals alone — according to Gallup, self-described liberals constitute just 21 percent of the electorate — the great question of the 2012 American presidential election is this: Have the Left and Democratic party sufficiently weakened the character of enough Americans to enable the demonization of Paul Ryan to lead Barack Obama to victory?

I don’t believe so. But given the enormity of the national debt incurred by this administration, its spectacular failure to improve the nation’s economy, and its commitment to weakening American defense, if there were a better explanation for a Democratic victory, I would welcome it.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Jackie
Roflmao………;D

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Tea Party Newbie Ted Yoho Gives the Boot to 24-Year Veteran Cliff Stearns

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

That is not necessarily a good thing when Stearns had been a decent congressman.

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Oh, my. Sounds kind of fradulent, doesn’t it?

Last year Governor Jerry Brown signed a bill that eliminated all of California’s 400 redevelopment agencies, which are widely used around the country. They sell bonds to fund local development projects and pay them off with the increased property tax revenue resulting from the projects.

Brown’s move meant that $1.7 billion in redevelopment funds would instead flow to the state, rather than the agencies, to be used for schools and other local services. The total California budget for this fiscal year is $91 billion.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Its my pleasure, Dee!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I wonder where the ABRs went. The last few days they’ve been buzzing around like annoying gnats.

wargamer6 on August 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

fradulent,fraudulent.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

We knew when the tea party got momentum and a platform they’d end up taking out some good ones. Really though, we need term limits. We can’t always count on a group popping up that’s popular enough to take out bad ones, so this is what we get.

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

The GOP should start sending folks to Biden events to laugh like sitcom studio audiences whenever he is trying his best to be serious.

C’mon, it would be YouTube gold.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Just turn back from that road now, man.

Lawdawg86 on August 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Like when someone says “let’s try this new trick.” And she says “no lets don’t.”

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

outside the Venetian in Las Vegas – @feliciasonmez

3 mins ago from instagram.com by editor

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

From that photo, it appears there were 15 of them.

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I have one friend of who they know nothing. He leads shall I say an interesting life. Really good guy in his 60′s now. Never been in the system, nothing.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

So he’s one of the real-life “blanks”, huh?

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Better believe I’m taking your advice about being removed from this website.

Thnx for the heads up.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

You are so welcome. After living under communism, I value my privacy more than just about anything.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Dire Straits:Good and great,we get them on thursday!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM

+ 100..Good Deal!!..:):)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Some Kind of Wonderful

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Just what do you think you are doing, Dave?

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Can you believe there are people on this planet so stupid as to believe R2 would lead them into poverty, when ocommie has been doing it for over 3..5 years now?

I really don’t want these uninformed, entitle-ist, scumbags anywhere near a voting booth.

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Wolfmoon:

Oh I agree,this is really going to get ramped up,like HomeLand
Security is worried about violence at the GOP Convention in Tampa!:)
========

DHS gears up for civil unrest prior to presidential elections
Published: 28 July, 2012
************************

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Just listened to Romney’s entire Ohio speech…he was on fire. He laid into Obama…bet the White House will be having kittens over it.

changer1701 on August 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM

it triggers AP’s Drone,with nasty *Hell-Fires*,haha,ahem!
(sarc):)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Lotion boy can go pet a cat…

Gohawgs on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

From that photo, it appears there were 15 of them.

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

bayview:Maybe,the rest are in the shadows!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

SparkPlug, I had to provide a tip last night, in your stead :)

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

24 years is too long,…for any of them.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

C’mon, it would be YouTube gold.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I agree..It would be priceless..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Here is my second favorite pig:

Porky Pig

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Man, is your wife gonna be peeved…

Gohawgs on August 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

How could you not vote for Romney now that Ryan is on that ticket? Did everyone listen to that interview, or what!

GW_SS-Delta on August 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Lotion boy can go pet a cat…

Gohawgs on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Gohawgs:

Oh no,I think you trigged a 2000lb. JDAM,haha!:)
(kidding)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

From that photo, it appears there were 15 of them.

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

SEIU union shills. They have a heavy presence in Nevada, and their fancy printed posters always give them away.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I understand and wholeheartedly agree with you. When I was but a child, my beloved grandmother (who escaped communism when she came to the U.S.) told me the horror stories of living under the Nazis and then communism when she herself was a young girl.

And I’ve never forgotten the things I heard at her knee. This is why I can so easily see the truth about Obama. He is everything my grandmother warned me about.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Something smooth.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Thnx for the heads up.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

For some reason, people who have experienced Communism first-hand really do treasure with greater passion, the freedom that us natural born Americans just take for granted.

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

SparkPlug, I had to provide a tip last night, in your stead :)

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

HaHa. That’s Ok. I had to pretend to be shaolin priest and gave some poor sap a fake pebble. Do I feel good about it? No, but you weren’t there to help so what else could I do?

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

wargamer6 on August 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I thought it was because we had all started using Abine it was blocking them automatically …

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Alrighty crew,keep H/A’s bow into the wind,
I’m out too…..

….everyone have a good night——-:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Sounds like you need a more adventurous girlfriend.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Man, is your wife gonna be peeved…

Gohawgs on August 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

She is used to my BS. I always ask friends/neighbors on the phone “what are you wearing?” She used to get ticked, now if I don’t she would think I was sick(er).

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Its my pleasure, Dee!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Thnx so much. All that data-mining is scarey stuff and another good reason (IMHO) to stay away from FB, especially now that Soros owns so much stock in it. Who knows to what nefarious ends he’ll use his influence?

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

What’s up with everyone tonight, I go back to read a page from earlier, and your on the next page when I get back, so I have to go back and read everything I missed…………SLOW DOWN…….;-)

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

SparkPlug on August 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM

You made me laugh the other day when you told someone—I think it was Frum, to just go away and takes his mangina with.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Do you know how difficult it is to type with a hoof? I try to stay current and the peeps move on with the tide.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

24 years is too long,…for any of them.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

We push out our good people because they have been there for a while, even though they have been doing a good job. They have accumulated seniority and be in a position for committee chairmanship. The other side leaves incompetent, corrupted and partisan hacks like John Conyers and Henry Waxman there forever. This approach is not a winning practice.

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Hey Madcon you still here?

Are you starting to warm up to Ryan now? Especially since the debate has now shifted to entitlement and budget reform instead of Mitt’s tax returns or about him being a “murderer”.

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Something else smooth.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Arnold
If you sharpen the right hoof into a point, it might help, but it could be dangerous ……….

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:57 AM

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

You are so right. My grandmother dearly loved the U.S. and with tears flowing would tell me often what it took for her to become a citizen here.

I was far too young at the time to appreciate the lessons she was teaching me about love of country, love of family and love of God. But now that I have more years behind me than ahead of me, all that she imparted to me means more than I can ever put into words.

I can only hope and pray that I can pass onto my grandchildren the same things my grandmother gave to me.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Free Fallin’

Just like CA.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Santana smooth, but not that one.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Ill bbl, need to get clean…….;)

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

…I…h a v e…t h a t…p r o b l e m…a l l…t h e…t i m e !

KOOLAID2 on August 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I know the feeling.

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Sick, disgusting people:

Drew –

Today, just 72 hours after joining the GOP ticket, Paul Ryan is making a pilgrimage to the Sands’ Venetian casino in Las Vegas to kiss the ring of Sheldon Adelson, the billionaire casino magnate who’s already donated more than $35 million to Republican groups in this election.

That’s the same Sheldon Adelson who gave $15 million to help Newt Gingrich against Mitt Romney in the primary, and said he may give $100 million — basically, whatever it costs — to defeat Barack Obama.

We’re starting to get a glimpse of how Romney plans to cash in on his vice presidential pick. Before Ryan’s even been fully introduced to the American people, he’s attending a private fundraiser in Vegas with the top super PAC donor.

We’re doing this differently, with ordinary people chipping in whatever they can afford — but it’s going to take a lot more of us to match them. Will you donate $3 or more today?

Thanks,

Julianna

Julianna Smoot
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

You are extremely lucky to have had a grandmother to tell the tales of the tyranny. My grandmother is still alive and told us all of the horrors of when Hitler marched into Czechoslovakia and seized her farm. My entire family is still over there and they all read the blogs and are horrified at what they witnessing with Obama.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

heartbreaker

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

You are of course, exactly right.

Too much of this kind of knowledge has been thrown to the wayside, and forgotten about.

We all know the children in today’s public schools aren’t going to get that kind of knowledge from there.

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Wow that’s amazing.

So your family feels that obama is a marxist? What’s the worst they think he could turn into, a soft tyranny or worse?

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

He did kill Jon Benet Ramsey though, right?

Rusty Allen on August 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Santana smooth. Yeah that one.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Annoying nonetheless. But thanks. How bout that Ryan person? Making some waves.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I think folks like him. I think some folk don’t like him. I think some folks fear him. Works for me. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Progs: We Demand Separation Of Church & State, Except When We Want To Grow Government

M2RB: Night Ranger

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Just like CA.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Saw what you did there ;-)

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM

OMG, J. Seems we have much in common. My grandmother lived in Czechoslovakia when Hitler came there and her parents’ farm was also seized by the Nazis. Her mother would hide my grandmother and her sister (my great aunt) up the chimney to protect them from the soldiers as they marched through the town.

My grandmother and her sister were the only members of their immediate family who made it to the U.S. They had a brother who stayed behind (why, I don’t know) and his farm was seized by the Communists. He would write to my grandmother and told her that he could keep one of each farm animal, a small portion of crops, etc., and the rest the Communists took “for the greater good.”

If only folks like libfree could comprehend the truth of what Obama supports.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Very nice.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

wargamer6 on August 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM

We’re still here. Though I became a Mitt supporter, albeit tepid, once he got the nomination. Once the primaries were over, we’re all on the same team again IMO.

And I have to say, I was stunned by the selection of Ryan. I have never seen Mitt put principal ahead of his own political ambitions. But in picking Ryan, Mitt demonstrated the bold leadership that is needed to not only defeat Obama, but to save this country from fiscal ruin. Frankly, he is now running on a far bolder and more conservative agenda than any Republican nominee in recent history.

If Mitt wins running on entitlement reform with Ryan… I can’t believe I’m saying this, but he could be bigger than Reagan when its all said and done. If, if, he follows through.

But hats off to the man. He has my full and enthusiastic support, both financially and in any way that I can volunteer. I think the Ryan pick instantly quells the “Mitt Romney = Republican John Kerry” (aka flip-flopper) narrative that was building around his candidacy. Being a flip-flopper is far more damaging with indies than any specific policy view. I think the Ryan pick is going to work out very well for him come November, simply because he now looks like a bold leader.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Oh and thanks for the neck of the woods thingy, I would not come up right for me……..

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

The reason for it not appearing correctly was because whoever created it forgot to flatten the image before converting it to a png. I just flattened it, when you do that the background shows up as non transparent.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

This is smooth.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Hey Bmore, you still got that link to fix the problem with the comments not showing up? Sorry to ask but I was reading on my cell phone tonight and been having a few issues on the computer tonight.

… Also does it require you to restart your computer or anything like that?

Thanks !

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

bayview on August 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Yeah, I understand all that, but I really dislike career politicians. They get too tightly embedded in the system. I agree that unilateral disarmament isn’t a winner.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM

evening Jackie. Thought you might like.

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Agreed!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

C’mon, it would be YouTube gold.

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Lol! Funny! I would pay good money to see that. ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Chelo Cha Cha

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Very well said. I consider myself an ABR guy too. I took the same route as you, as soon as the primary was over I got behind Mitt as I realize how badly we need to defeat obama.

I agree about the Ryan pick, he was the one I wanted as VP all along and I’m still shocked Mitt had the balls to pick him.

Funny though I still have some naysayer and paulbots running rampant in my local 912 group who won’t vote for Mitt. They keep crying about how Mitt was involved in voter fraud that screwed over Paul in the primaries. That Ryan talks a big game but his record isn’t that good. That Romney’s record shows that he won’t do enough to turn the ship around, etc.

I’ve tried arguing with them every which way I can but it’s like talking to a wall. Very frustrating as we’re a battleground state in NH and these morons spreading this garbage could actually influence others not to support Romney.

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

So he’s one of the real-life “blanks”, huh?

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

He really is, no formal paperwork on him anywhere. On one level I have always been envious of him for that. He lives well, and more carefree than most anyone else that I have every known. He does as he pleases, always has.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

You are of course, exactly right.

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Not only has the knowledge been thrown to the wayside and forgotten about, but the Libs refuse to even believe it’s true or else they accuse people of exaggerating how bad it really was in Europe under Communism.

When I read the liberal commenters here on HA and how they defend Obama and praise his actions, I want to rip out my hair. Their arrogance and stupidity is mind-boggling to me. And yet I know they would be the first to start screaming bloody murder if they had to face 1/16th of what people such as my grandmother had to endure. Sometimes the Libs make me angry with their attitudes and comments, but most often I feel so sad for them.

Fortunately, my son and DIL are homeschooling their children, so they will not be indoctrinated into all things liberal through the NEA.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 1:19 AM

arnold ziffel on August 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Very nice. Now, about those green eyes…

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Jalousie tango

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

More smooth with some of the cleanest drum work I remember. Dude’s name was Sib has—- Don’t feel like lookin it up, but SMOOTH drums.. very nice. Check it out!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

If only folks like libfree could comprehend the truth of what Obama supports.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Good grief, our families could have been neighbors! I was born in Bratislava, but my father was moved by the state to Prague for his job when I was 5 for 6. After the Velvet Divorce, it took my parents about 3 years of paperwork to get my grandmothers farm back. They have completely restored it and now reside outside of Bratislava there. My brothers bought lots of vacated properties in Prague after the fall and have converted them into hotels and beer halls.

I still know little of the details of my countries history, other than that told by my family, I’ve been doing a lot of reading and research about it, since none of it was taught to me as I was “groomed” to become an artist (per state orders because the arts are more important than anything to the Commies).

I just read this book a few months ago and found it to be a fair analysis of what happened.

Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War, 1937-1948 by Madeleine Albright

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

If it is any consolation, these “tantrum voters” influence virtually no one. They turn off people with their “No one can please, ME” outlook.

Your time is more profitably spent searching out “independents” who will listen. True indepedents influence other true independents – so your effort might start a chain of dominoes to fall in the right direction.

(yes, the pun was intended)

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Thanks !

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I think the comments not showing up right is a site issue. Something to do with the code the site folks are working on with the FB thingy. My best guess anyway.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Wow that’s amazing.

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM

They think he is a Muslim Marxist! They think it’s too late to fix the mess, but then again, they have seen and lived the worst of the worst, so they may be a little harsh..

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

House of Pain

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

(yes, the pun was intended)

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Yea I hear you. A few of them are respected members of the community who have done alot to help local candidates. I respect what they’ve done, but I told them it’s a shame they’re throwing all that down the toilet by doing nothing to stop the worst president in history.

….I actually have a letter to the editor I’m trying to work on now in support of Paul Ryan.

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I have two relatives that voted republican in 2010 and will this year. They weren’t independents. They were “I don’t have time to pay attention”. The independent thing is crap. It is hard to pay attention. Only 24 in a day. I got them thinking when I explained that companies don’t pay taxes, they collect taxes, a la Boortz. Simple concept. Powerful concept!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I saw one of the links you posted to someone last night to help them fix something was actually a link to a Frank Zappa song : )

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

They’re right about obama… as for being too late to fix things I’m still optimistic. I think if we take the House and Senate and hold Romney’s feet to the fire that we can get back on track.

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Something about you

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Yep. I wanted Ryan from the beginning, then I was with Perry until well… we all remember, not so down with Cain, got behind Newt, and was happy to make the case for Santorum though I would have never wanted him as nominee.

Honestly, Newt was the only guy (after Perry’s dismal performance), that I could have ever seen running in 2012 besides Romney, and even then… he’s Newt Gingrich, of Fannie and Freddie fame.

The continued resistance to Romney’s nomination, through any, and I mean ANY, available conduit succeeded in driving him to the right. And really, that was the underlying game the entire time. That’s why it seemed conservatives were willing to consider literally everybody but Romney (well, besides Tim Pawlwenty). No one else was really viable, but if we just handed this thing to Romney, he would walk all over us.

He got the message, and he is a better candidate for having gone through it. And it will hopefully make him a better President. (Because seriously Mitt Romney, if you win, we will no longer care that Paul Ryan is your VP. If you raise taxes or fail to repeal Obamacare, conservatives will humiliate you in the 2016 primaries, and you can bet we’ll have a better selection of alternatives than Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, and Santorum).

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

DREAM ON

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Thank you with all my heart for that book title and link. I will definitely get a copy.

Yes, for all we know our families could have been neighbors. Somewhere I have tucked away a bit of family history that was sent to me by a very distant cousin. Once I find it, I’ll get in touch with you here at HA and maybe we can find a way to exchange emails or addresses so I can forward the info to you.

There aren’t many 2nd and 3rd generation family members left for me. Even to this day, the relationships (aunts, uncles, cousins) are a bit confusing to me. From the best I can ascertain, there were two waves of family that immigrated, but how they were related to each other I’m not sure, except that they came through my grandfather’s side of the family.

The history of what the Czechs had to endure is staggering, to say the least. It’s a testimony to the endurance of the human spirit that any one of the Czechs survived under the Nazis and then the Communists.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

That’s a pretty tune.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Obama was made by the media and other evil forces.
If the media was to have followed a few leads, teh one would never have been elected.

They could have started with his
SSN
ss card
Aliases used
School financial records

etc. etc. ad naudium.

esnap on August 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Where is Romney from?

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Very nice tune!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM

There is something about you! ;-). Still love Hich a ride. Drums are so good.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:45 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Actually… he’s from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Its my hometown. :)

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 1:38 AM

In the words of Rush, right on, right on, right on!

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Lol! I had to backtrack to find it! Yes… I like that one a lot, too.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 1:47 AM