Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on August 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

During the 2008 election, conservatives tried their darnedest to convince the American public that Barack Obama was radical. They pointed to his work as a Saul Alinsky-inspired community organizer; his background in Chicago politics; his associations with the likes of Bill Ayers and Rashid Khalidi and Jeremiah Wright; his liberal policy positions; and the fact that his voting record was rated the most liberal in the Senate by National Journal. In the end, their efforts failed. Many conservatives like to pin the blame on a complicit media or a weak-kneed McCain campaign. The honest truth, though, is that a big reason why the American public didn’t perceive Obama as a radical was that he didn’t come across that way. Whenever he spoke, gave interviews, or debated, he was calm and reasonable sounding. He wasn’t a wild-eyed. He didn’t use extremist language. So, conservative warnings about him often fell on deaf ears. I suspect that liberals will run into similar problems if they think they’re going to convince people that Paul Ryan is a radical

Much like Obama in 2008, Ryan comes across as reasonable, thoughtful and earnest. He’s heard all of the attacks on his budget proposal and has become deft at fending them off. Democrats can spend all the time they want attempting to define him as an anti-woman, granny tossing firebrand. But the actual Paul Ryan that Americans will see in speeches, interviews and the vice presidential debate will be a stark contrast.

***

[T]hey don’t understand that Ryan’s conservatism is not going to hurt him anymore than Ronald Reagan’s did in 1980. Bearing, like Reagan, a specific plan of action for difficult times, Ryan may be just the man to ride his conservatism straight into the West Wing.

Because Ryan is the king of the Reagan babies. The one that most resembles dad…

Ryan also exudes the Midwestern sunniness Reagan could project, while harboring the same capacity to respond sharply when challenged…

[T]he earnest Ryan, a complement to the avuncular Reagan, will be hard to demonize. He’ll also get credit for trying to solve the problem.

***

Paul Ryan has a plan to fix it. It is not a feel-good plan, but we don’t live in a feel-good time. It is a tough plan, but tough times require tough plans. The fact that he has a plan is a good starting point for discussion. And for many voters, a starting point is better than more mindless political demagoguery.

Ryan is an earnest guy, a good family man. He looks younger than his 42 years, and his flat Wisconsin accent doesn’t exactly boom across an arena. But because he looks so young, he speaks for the next generation, the poor suckers who have to clean up the mess after the baby boomers are done partying.

The Democrats will seek to define him as an affable but dangerous ideologue. But Paul Ryan is too clean-cut, too fresh, too well-spoken to paint as an extremist. He is the Boy Scout who lives next door who now wants to clean up our nation’s fiscal problems. Who could be against the Boy Scouts?

***

Ryan’s success has come, in no small part, from his good manners and understanding of the Capitol’s culture at an ugly, tense time. He’s charmed many of the people who might be expected to like him least, like Rep. Gwen Moore, a fiery Milwaukee representative who grew up in Ryan’s district and, in contrast with the typical home-state enmities, has been friendly with him for years.

“He’s very, very friendly, very respectful,” Moore told BuzzFeed of Ryan, noting that once when they encountered each other in an airport “he quickly grabbed my suitcase” and carried it to her car for her. Moore one of the most outspokenly partisan members of the Democratic Party, beloved by the press corps for her willingness to take unflinching aim at Republicans on women’s and civil rights issues.

But she has nothing bad to say about the presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee.

“He doesn’t have harsh words for anyone,” she said.

***

Erskine Bowles is not backing away from his previous praise of Rep. Paul Ryan now that the Wisconsin congressman is on the Republican presidential ticket.

“I like him,” Bowles, the former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and co-chairperson of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, told The Daily Caller in a phone interview.

“I think he’s smart. I think he’s intellectually curious. I think he is honest, straightforward and sincere. And I think he does have a serious budget out there — it doesn’t mean I agree with it by any stretch of the imagination. But I’m not going to act like I don’t like him or that I don’t have some real respect for him.”

***

As a candidate, the telegenic, articulate Ryan could play another much-needed role. He could be a great communicator, educating the public about policy challenges and Republican plans to address them…

We’re in another anxious period, and voters are again primed to consider serious policy talk. To play up its team’s strengths as numbers guys, countering the self-congratulatory idea of Democrats as the party of intellect, the Romney campaign could make a gutsy move. It could deploy Ryan to talk to the public at length about the looming fiscal crisis, producing a series of long-form, Perot-style videos. Nowadays the Republicans wouldn’t even need to spend money for prime-time television (although that would certainly get attention). They could rely on YouTube…

The American public is in the appropriately desperate frame of mind for a serious policy discussion. The Ryan pick suggests that Romney might be willing to offer one. The alternative is three more months of sniping about tax returns and college transcripts (not to mention how dogs are treated) — attacks on the candidates’ identities rather than their ideas. The times demand better.

***

The Republican vice-presidential candidate, Congressman Paul Ryan, is the Democrats’ political version of the Antichrist. He believes in self-reliance; the Left believes in reliance on the state. His moral values are shaped by religion (Catholicism); the Left is frightened by religious Christian politicians (and athletes, and members of the armed forces, and talk-show hosts, and, for that matter, clergy). He believes in individualism; the Left believes in collectivism. He believes in small government and powerful citizens; the Left believes in large government and dependent citizens…

Since the Democrats could not win any national election with the votes of liberals alone — according to Gallup, self-described liberals constitute just 21 percent of the electorate — the great question of the 2012 American presidential election is this: Have the Left and Democratic party sufficiently weakened the character of enough Americans to enable the demonization of Paul Ryan to lead Barack Obama to victory?

I don’t believe so. But given the enormity of the national debt incurred by this administration, its spectacular failure to improve the nation’s economy, and its commitment to weakening American defense, if there were a better explanation for a Democratic victory, I would welcome it.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

OT: Tommy Thompson looks like the winner in WI.

wargamer6 on August 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Good. He had a big part in the ‘Clinton’/Congress welfare reform and said that he’d sue Obama over unraveling it.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

The folks on FB are commenting on FB. The FB format shows up above our comments. Two totally different formats.

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

GOOD!

Let there be two separate HA universes separated forever by the width of an electron.

Dibs on being the Spock with the Van Dyke beard in the alternate HA!

PolAgnostic on August 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Let the games begin.

Special ops group attacks Obama over bin Laden bragging, leaks

A group of former U.S. intelligence and Special Forces operatives is set to launch a media campaign, including TV ads, that scolds President Barack Obama for taking credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden and argues that high-level leaks are endangering American lives.

Oh boy!

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Could you if you wanted to?

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I don’t think so!..:)

Dire Straits on August 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

canopfor on August 14, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Thanks to both of you for clearing that. I’ll sleep better, now.

: )

listens2glenn on August 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

listens2glenn:

Lol,well,its no secret that I have DeBaucherized
the English language,on many occasions!!:)

canopfor on August 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Good evening, Dire. How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on August 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Good evening..:)

PS..I hope all is well for you..:)

Dire Straits on August 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I don’t think so!..:)

Dire Straits on August 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Dire straits:Evening Dire:)

canopfor on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

a capella on August 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Yes… I’ll leave if they get to roam the site as well.

thatsafactjack on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Hungary’s Emil Litella

M2RB: Nirvana

Resist We Much on August 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Well, shyt, I’ve been working on this with photoshop and a wild Hungarian website… I didn’t see that they had already posted the story in the headlines sec.

Sorry.

Resist We Much on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

a capella on August 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I’m with you.

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

In honor of Joe Biden

Flora Duh on August 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Dire Straits on August 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

It is so long as we don’t have free range FB critters roaming around in here!

thatsafactjack on August 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Note about Facebook commenting: Hot Air is experimenting with using Facebook for commenting. Right now, it is only the Headlines section of the site that will have Facebook comments.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Yeah, I’ve seen this story before.

You start out just “experimenting” with a Facebook comment in one or two headline articles a week. Next, you’re up doing them in all of Jazz’ weekend posts, because hell, its the weekend and you’ve been working hard all week, why not cut loose a little bit?

Before long you’re doing Facebook comments on every article every night, sleeping in a hastily-constructed pine-straw bed beneath an underpass, giving out sexual favors just for a few minutes of WiFI connection, and wondering how many Facebook comments you’ll receive for your obituary.

Just turn back from that road now, man.

Lawdawg86 on August 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

jaime on August 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Be careful with the Absinthe, Jamie! It will turn your tongue green… and the rest of you, too!

Love the Max Raabe, tune! :)

thatsafactjack on August 14, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Could you if you wanted to?

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I don’t think so!..:)

Dire Straits on August 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I just remembered something that happened about a week ago. I voted on a HA Poll about something I don’t remember now, but I had comments from friends on FB on my vote here at HA. I didn’t know wth was going on or how that happened. Anybody got any ideas?

d1carter on August 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

In honor of Joe Biden

Flora Duh on August 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Good one!

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Let the games begin.

Special ops group attacks Obama over bin Laden bragging, leaks

Oh boy!

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

For you, Seal Team 6, and all those that have served…honourably:

Pic At Nite: You Don’t Thank The Clown At The Drive-Thru

Resist We Much on August 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

yo fellers! howdy dire

ted c on August 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Just turn back from that road now, man.

Lawdawg86 on August 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

LOL! ; )

Bmore on August 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I just found out on another thread that absinthe is legal again. I have to go out and … ‘Nite All.

jaime on August 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

..well..bye!

The War Planner on August 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Lawdawg86 on August 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

HA! Made me laugh!

thatsafactjack on August 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

In honor of Joe Biden

Flora Duh on August 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

heh! perfect flora.

ted c on August 14, 2012 at 11:58 PM

canopfor on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Good evening Friend!..How are your Grand sons doing??..:)

Dire Straits on August 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

..also, top o’ the evening to you, Schade!

The War Planner on August 14, 2012 at 11:30 PM

TWP, my brother, just saw this.

You’re doing a very fine job holding the tent up :)

JPeterman I also think that WI will go read. I thought that even bef. the Ryan pick. It makes Obama go more crazy. This is very personal. He insulted Ryan repeatedly.

Schadenfreude on August 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Beer stand owner: Obama visit cost me $25,000

Flora Duh on August 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I guess this guy should count himself lucky if Obama didn’t stiff him on the check too, huh?

Night Owl on August 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

d1carter on August 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

That bothers me a lot. Are you sure you didn’t comment on your vote so anyone reading could know how you voted? If not, something is really screwed.

a capella on August 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Facebook has been setting up ‘shadow profiles’ on people who don’t have a FB account but are listed by someone who does among their ‘friends’ or contacts. They hold these in reserve and will activate it immediately if a person signs up so that those connections associated with that person can be contacted and exploited as well.

I don’t trust that little creep.

thatsafactjack on August 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM

On top of the 80 million or so fake profiles that they admitted to last week.

And someone mentioned another site called “Spokeo” a few days ago. Google it and check it out. It had virtually every address I’ve ever lived at, along with a whole bunch other private info.

You can get yourself removed. Do. It.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Demain n’existe pas – Tomorrow will not be.

Dedicated to Obama/Biden until Nov. 6, 2012.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

ted c on August 14, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Good evening ted c!..Hope all is well!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It is so long as we don’t have free range FB critters roaming around in here!

thatsafactjack on August 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Ditto that!!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

well, between that Medicare ad slamming barry and his buds, and this:

This is an election in which we should be talking about the path ahead, but you don’t hear any answers coming from President Obama’s re-election campaign. That’s because he’s intellectually exhausted, out of ideas, and out of energy. And so his campaign has resorted to diversions and distractions, to demagoguing and defaming others. This is an old game in politics; what’s different this year is that the president is taking things to a new low.
It wasn’t supposed to be this way.
In 2008, Candidate Obama said, “if you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters.” He said, “if you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from.” And that, he told us, is how, “You make a big election about small things.”
That was Candidate Obama describing the strategy that is the now the heart of his campaign.
His campaign and his surrogates have made wild and reckless accusations that disgrace the office of the Presidency. Another outrageous charge came a few hours ago in Virginia. And the White House sinks a little bit lower.
This is what an angry and desperate Presidency looks like.
President Obama knows better, promised better and America deserves better.

Do tell. I’m begging to think that we just might beat barry and his Machine

r keller on August 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

d1carter on August 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

d1carter, see this is exactly why I’m having trouble getting my arms around this one. I only post here. I have no FB account. I’m not sure as to how this works in conjunction with FB. I don’t understand why Allah or Ed can’t explain this kinda stuff better. I don’t want folks commenting on us and us not being able to defend or whatever the case. Frankly I don’t want them in my life at all. If I wanted that wouldn’t I just go to Townhall? I wish someone would explain it all. We need a site bulletin board with site info posted on it.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Flora Duh on August 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM

How did the Florida races go tonight??.:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

. Anybody got any ideas?

d1carter on August 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

No I do not!..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Thanks for the headsup on Spokeo, but I already had all of my information removed. I actually emailed their support team ( http://www.support@spokeo.com) and had it done and confirmed. ALL of my information is gone.

You might want to enter your email address and then try your phone number because they list those separately, too, as a means of search.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

War planner@10:46
Dang it, when are gonna get some shine and blackberry syrup, you’ll never touch the plum brandy again……….;-)

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

a capella on August 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I have never mentioned HotAir on FB. One of the commenting friends was an old friend that I never talk with in different part of the country. I was shocked. I still don’t know how it happened. I will go back to see what post it was about here on HA.

d1carter on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Resist We Much on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Better to expose him repeatedly than not at all.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I’m saving links to crazy “obama landslide” articles. This guy’s latest piece is hilarious.

wargamer6 on August 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Excellent idea, B. I’d like a complete and comprehensive explanation of how it works, how it will work down the road, and how that will effect us.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Resist We Much on August 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM

You do such a great job with your blog. Thanks for sharing!

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Lawdawg86 on August 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM

No Tommy is it. Wisconsin doesn’t do run off if you don’t get 50%.

Gracelynn on August 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

How did the Florida races go tonight??.:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Connie Mack won – boo :-(

Karen Harrington won – yeah :-)

Sandy Adams lost – boo :-(

Allen West won – yeah :-)

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Yeah, I don’t have FB either, but, I’m still a bit queasy about data mining possibilities. Between FB and Google, I’m starting to wonder if anything is really private.

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Glad to see Allen Wes won..:)

PS..Thanks for info..:)

Dire Straits on August 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Tea Party Newbie Ted Yoho Gives the Boot to 24-Year Veteran Cliff Stearns

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Incredibly schadenfreudig!

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hey gang, I’m getting to bed early. Good night all.

Dark Star on August 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

War planner@10:46

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

..hey Mike! I been looking for you this past week. Thaks for the visit to my blog. I was gonna give you some payback, but could not find the link.

Pass it along when you get a chance — or stop back by and leave it in the comments. I’ll kink to your site if you like!

Be good and I am all for the ‘shine and black currant juice.

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

If you put that in a bottle, seal it and set it in a cool, dark place for a few week, you’ll have a very fine, high octane, blackberry liqueur!:)

I make them all the time. I use Stolichnaya, though. One of my favorites is Elderberry liqueur.

Another really nice one is made with pure honey and ginger.

Good evening, Mike!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I already did it. I’ve lived in 11 states since coming to the U.S. and I had to go through all of those states and find myself and have all my info removed. It took me forever and I’m sure I missed something :(

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Thaks == Thanks, of course.

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hello Night Shift!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

d1carter on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

STRONG WARNING! If you DO use facecrack at all, make SURE YOU LOG OUT EVERY TIME YOU ARE DONE!!!

That way at least when you see comment forms, if you do and aren’t using DNT, you won’t see your name up there and you will be able to do things like take polls without having some googly eyed f*ck groping around in your underwear.

The day is coming to dump the invasive drone in the sky that facebook has become, but before that we may have to dump hotair. It’s experimental now, but you can bet your ass since there are more clicks and dollars to be had doing it, the prostitutes here won’t be able to resist.

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

..and my manners have yet again gone into the dumper. Howdy Jackie. Howzit, ma’am?

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

ditto, fellas. i’m tappin out.

OOTD bright and early 7:01.
be there or be joe biden.

ted c on August 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Gotta love Treacher. lol

@jtLOL The day of the debate, @JoeBiden will have a note: “Deer debayt modoraturz, Joe can not a tend on acownt he is sick. Sined, Not Joe Biden”

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

OOTD bright and early 7:01.
be there or be joe biden.

ted c on August 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

..BCNU, ted. Thanks for the comments. Always entertaining.

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

You can get yourself removed. Do. It.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I just went to that site. To get removed, you have to give them even more personal information than they already have, so I didn’t do it. They are about 10 years behind on my whereabouts. That’s creepy though, it listed two of my four siblings, their addresses, ages, etc.

Night Owl on August 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

a capella on August 15, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Nope.

All of your personal information has already been transferred to the data banks of the Anti-Christ.

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

esist We Much on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Better to expose him repeatedly than not at all.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Who – Emil Litella or the Clown?

You do such a great job with your blog. Thanks for sharing!

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Thx. I thought that you’d like it. :-)

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Cheer up!:) It sounds like you’ve been very thorough!

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

..dyin’ here, Flo. Extremely rich, that!

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Let the games begin.

Special ops group attacks Obama over bin Laden bragging, leaks

Oh boy!

JPeterman on August 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM

JPeterman:

Yup,sent that in to AP,around 9 o’clock tonight,
oh yes,lets roll,er,rock!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’m very well, Sir! Thank you. How are you this evening? You sound as though you are very well, indeed.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Great, now Facebook trolls are freely calling Republicans boy loving perverts, pedophiles.
This place is going to be troll central and go to hell.

Marcus on August 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

ooooo

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

ditto, fellas. i’m tappin out.

OOTD bright and early 7:01.
be there or be joe biden.

ted c on August 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

ted c:Night Ted:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Good Night ted c, Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Good evening, Ken! Nice to see you.

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM

..not so far removed from the recent campaign letter that Joltin’ Joe sent out.

(By the way, Scooter’s Big Hairy News is a scream. Well worth visiting, folks!)

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

O_o

Electrongod on August 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM

ooooo

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Bravo, it worked. I guess by now you’ve heard a bunch of folks are having the same issues you were having last evening. Its got to be the FB thing and the java script.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

This place is going to be troll central and go to hell.

Marcus on August 15, 2012 at 12:16 AM

They’re projecting, that’s all. That, and they are mad as hell that ocommie won’t be around to make their rent and car payments as I’m sure he’ll insinuate, if not flat out promise to do.

I figure about Oct.25th ocommie will be promising to have all white folk tied to bumpers and dragged through the streets if re-elected.

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Night Owl on August 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I gave them my “fake” disposable e-mail address, that was all. The same fake e-mail address I used to register here. No way am I giving anyone my real address that I’ve had for years and was lucky enough to be able to use my real name.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

On Obama, Osama, and Seal Team 6…

“Hey, Obama! You didn’t kill that!”

Hell, you didn’t even give the order: Leon Panetta did, at least from the non-military standpoint.

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

The Hungarian bigot, who turned out to be his ‘enemy’.

Schadenfreude on August 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Nope.

listens2glenn on August 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Unfortunately for me my info is completely known, mainly because of different things I have had to do professionally. But also things I have had to do personally. HeII they know everything about everyone of us. Its just a fact if you play by the rules or not. I have one friend of who they know nothing. He leads shall I say an interesting life. Really good guy in his 60′s now. Never been in the system, nothing.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

..not so far removed from the recent campaign letter that Joltin’ Joe sent out.

(By the way, Scooter’s Big Hairy News is a scream. Well worth visiting, folks!)

The War Planner on August 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM

That’s funny. But I can imagine something like that coming from Joe.

Flora Duh on August 15, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Took me an hour to say hello. Glad you an Jackie responded after all that. (Hi Jackie!)Other sites seem to work fine. Gotta get it checked out. I don’t want to continue to annoy my Hot Air friends. They are special!

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Yup,sent that in to AP,around 9 o’clock tonight,
oh yes,lets roll,er,rock!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Thanks buddy. Looks like King OCommie is about to get his own special brand of swift boating.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Correct link:

Pic At Nite: You Don’t Thank The Clown At The Drive-Thru

It’s just the clown.

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

canopfor on August 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Good evening Friend!..How are your Grand sons doing??..:)

Dire Straits on August 14, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Dire Straits:Good and great,we get them on thursday!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM

War Planner
I don’t have a blog YET, I’m thinking about starting one this weekend. When I get it up I will let everyone know. Oh and if you feel like cussing on my blog, it will be welcomed with open arms………….;-)

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:26 AM

If a conservative had done this they’d probably be fired:

Content warning

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

********************* ALERT ************************************

*************** “PATHWAY TO POVERTY” *****************************

Photo:

Protesters chanting ‘Ryan, go home!’
======================================

outside the Venetian in Las Vegas – @feliciasonmez

3 mins ago from instagram.com by editor

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I’m pretty sure its mostly the site doing it to you, not the other way around.

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Jackie
I just love a woman that knows how to mix up a good concoction …………Dang, I just got engaged New Years, always wrong place wrong time………:-D

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Heartbreaker! :)

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM

If a conservative had done this they’d probably be fired:

Content warning

LevinFan on August 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM

LevinFan:Too funny,I seen it on MediaItes site,and yes,
if it was a Righty you’d be right,..ugh!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Bmore on August 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Annoying nonetheless. But thanks. How bout that Ryan person? Making some waves.

KCB on August 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I’m going to play the role of canopfor (or at least give it my best shot :) ) and give you guys some O/T news that has missed the radar on HotAir:

Bond Insurer Sues California, Seeking to Block State’s Seizure of Municipal Bonds:

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

JPeterman:Good point,SwiftBoating*sskicking!:)

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM

OT: Tommy Thompson looks like the winner in WI.

wargamer6 on August 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Drove spending up the wall, well before Doyle got his mitts on the budget.

*sigh* I would have voted for ANY of the other candidates.

MadisonConservative on August 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM

3 mins ago from instagram.com by editor

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

A.F.G.E. ???

Amalgamated Fairy Godmothers & Electricians ???

PolAgnostic on August 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

You can get yourself removed. Do. It.

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM

thatsafactjack on August 15, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I just went to Spokeo and checked my name. OMG! Made my stomach do flip-flops. Spokeo even had an email addy (XXX@msn.com) that I haven’t used in probably 12 years, along with a phone number that was disconnected eight years ago.

Better believe I’m taking your advice about being removed from this website.

Thnx for the heads up.

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

B
I haven’t had any problems on this phone, and still haven’t seen the FB stuff, kinda strange, but I don’t mind…………Oh and thanks for the neck of the woods thingy, I would not come up right for me……..

angrymike on August 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

3 mins ago from instagram.com by editor

canopfor on August 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Can you believe there are people on this planet so stupid as to believe R2 would lead them into poverty, when ocommie has been doing it for over 3..5 years now?

I really don’t want these uninformed, entitle-ist, scumbags anywhere near a voting booth.

Wolfmoon on August 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Lawdawg86 on August 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Lawdawg86:

Psssst,don’t put O/T and canopfor in the same sentence,
it triggers AP’s Drone,with nasty *Hell-Fires*,haha,ahem!
(sarc):)