Important new campaign endorsement: “DJs for Obama”

posted at 7:21 pm on August 14, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I’m really hoping that the almost 17 percent unemployment rate among those aged 18 through 29 is going to do something to quell the blind and unbridled enthusiasm we witnessed from the youth vote last time around, maybe to help bolster their immunity to hopey-changey rigmarole like this.

Chyeah, brah! I can totally see why November will prevent such a tough choice for the youth voters, though: I mean, this ad’s argumentation is just so compelling. DJs are all about “motivation, inspiration, celebration,” which is why it makes perfect sense for DJs to “not only celebrate this man, but motivate people to re-elect him,” no? Who needs fiscal reality when there’s baseless inspiration to be had? And don’t forget to “learn the issues, watch the news, follow your leaders on Twitter or Facebook” and etcetera — but then “go for Barack Obama” anyway. All the cool kids are doing it, you know.

Let me be clear: I have zero issues with DJs, or with DJs voicing their opinions, or even with presidential campaigns capitalizing on cool-factor sentiments in order to mesmerize and capture the youth vote. I merely take umbrage with why the Obama campaign believes it’s worthwhile to create ads like this one: Because my fellow youths are so often repelled by the thought of bold, independent, and critical thinking that might separate them from the herd, that they’re easily duped with desultory, beguiling, celebrity-worshipping nothing-burgers like this. Get it together, young people — haven’t you heard that we are the future?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Dog Eaters for Obama

Bubba Redneck on August 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Marxists for Obama

Bubba Redneck on August 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Ugly Lesbians for Obama

Bubba Redneck on August 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM

People-Who-Didn’t-Build-Anything for Obama

Bubba Redneck on August 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

High-Cheekboned-1/32-Not-Really-Injun-Marxists for Obama

Bubba Redneck on August 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

CNN Anchors for Obama

Bubba Redneck on August 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Ejucaters fore Obama

morbius on August 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

You know, I didn’t vote for Obama in 2008 and now I’m thinking I made some grave error. Because despite the unemployment for me and my fellow Gen Y’ers with the current administration, this ad really speaks to me and my lazy tendencies to not think critically about anything but having a good time. Who needs issues? DJing is hard work.

RDE2010 on August 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Forgers for Obama

Klem Kadiddlehopper on August 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Listen DJ Douche it is quite simple:

Obama confiscates our hard earned money.
People with no money do not hire DJ’s to play music at parties, much less have parties.
LP’s, tapes and CD’s have zero nutritional value.
So DJ Douche becomes DJ Starved-To-Death Douche.

And loose the hat, you look like a homosexual Cuban pimp on crack from 1978.

Bubba Redneck on August 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

It looks like Romney has lost the sewer vote…

Colony14 on August 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM