New Allen West ad responds to “shameful” attack

posted at 6:01 pm on August 13, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Rep. Allen West (R-Florida) is running a hard race for reelection to Congress this November, and last week, he made it known that he was somewhat less than amused with a questionable ad created by a PAC largely funded by his opponent’s father. Never one to suffer an assault without fighting back, West released an ad today that strikes back at his Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy’s “false” and “shameful” campaign. Bam:

As far as I can gather, it looks like the race for Allen West’s Congressional seat is pretty much up in the air at the moment, but it seems that fellow Democrats are plenty willing to offer their assistance in helping Murphy defeat West. Also last week, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi visited Florida on a campaign swing for her Congressional allies, and kindly took the time to disparage West.

“How sweet would it be for the country?” Pelosi said to laughs during a press event in Boca Raton, Fla., where she is stumping for House Democratic candidates.

Her comment came in response to a reporter asking how “sweet” it would be for Democrats if West were defeated in the upcoming elections. …

Pelosi said she would leave it up to Patrick Murphy, West’s Democratic challenger, to highlight why he is a better candidate for the district. Murphy is expected to seal the Democratic nomination in the Florida primary next Tuesday.

I must beg to differ. What would be “sweet for the country” would be if we could pick up a few more Congressmen as unwilling to tolerate nonsense and as steadfast to call people out on their political drivel as Mr. West.

Comments

reporter asking how “sweet” it would be

How do people get these cushy, no-talent-required reporter jobs?

Bouncing Beatnik on August 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Allen West cracking heads… http://tinyurl.com/9jx36w4

SWalker on August 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM

This is the ugliest political year…

OmahaConservative on August 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

You should link to West’s donation page.

aquaviva on August 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

You should link to West’s donation page.

aquaviva on August 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

OmahaConservative on August 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Just the beginning.

Bishop on August 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Col.West should give him the .45 treatment.By the time he stopped running, he’d be 9 states up and 3 over, where he belongs.

SMACKRUNNER on August 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

…I’m getting to a point where if someone tells me they’re a democrat…I feel like kicking them in the crotch!

KOOLAID2 on August 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM

What will be sweet for the country is when we can all dance on Pelosi’s buried corpse.

SouthernGent on August 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM

why isn’t private jet pelosi behind bars already ?

FlaMurph on August 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM

How is he doing in the race?

bayview on August 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Pelosi is a harlot. It’s all she knows. She started early in life and it’s what got her to here.

Schadenfreude on August 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Ha the Dem’s dad paid for it? Does he wipe the guy’s butt too? Pathetic.

wargamer6 on August 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I must beg to differ.

Demand or demand not – THERE IS NO BEG.

- Yoda

Marcola on August 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM

You gots my permission . . .

BigAlSouth on August 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Just the beginning.

Bishop on August 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Yep. I hope folks have prepared.

Bmore on August 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM

“how sweet would it be?” Really? Similar to “what’s the most enchanting thing?” Hey Media, we’re paying attention.
Allen West rocks. I hope I get a chance to vote for him someday.

tj4osu on August 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM

How do people get these cushy, no-talent-required reporter jobs?

Bouncing Beatnik on August 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Good hair.

Happy Nomad on August 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM

KOOLAID2
I had a politician knock on my door awhile back, I said are you a Democrat? He said yes, I told him to beat it…… my lady was not impressed, she said I should have been polite, haha, she really doesn’t understand democRats………..

angrymike on August 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM

No worries. When Romney/Ryan wins, West will be Sec. of Defense.

njcowgirl on August 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM

How do people get these cushy, no-talent-required reporter jobs?

Bouncing Beatnik on August 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Good hair.

Happy Nomad on August 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM

And here I thought it probably had something to do with knee pads…

SWalker on August 13, 2012 at 6:55 PM

West will be Sec. of Defense.

njcowgirl on August 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM

That is not going to happen.

Researched the number on the race, some local numbers had the race at R+1. Sabato’s Crystal Ball rates it safe for Republicans, while The Cook Report calls it a toss-up. West has a decent edge as far as campaign funding is concerned.

bayview on August 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Nancy-poo still thinks she has a shot at regaining Speaker of the House.

She can’t wrap her mind around the fact SHE is the reason the Democrats won’t.

GarandFan on August 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Again consistent with the theme of:

Lying, corrupt, incompetent.

crosspatch on August 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Allen West rocks. I hope I get a chance to vote for him someday.

tj4osu on August 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Agreed.

wolfsDad on August 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Just today, 53 yr old lib friend on FB posting a usual talking points BS links (ie, Stephen King tax the rich) with a specific comment: “For your reading pleasure, but do not comment or I will delete the comment”…of course, I go find neutral link (CBO, BLS, .gov,etc) to counter and attach it as a comment..1st amendment for me, not for thee…

Game on.

hillsoftx on August 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Allen West rocks. I hope I get a chance to vote for him someday.

tj4osu on August 13, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Donate. Money is the great equalizer! And Allen West’s campaign ALWAYS responds to emails – even if it is a form letter. His email blasts show up sometimes also.

koaiko on August 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I feel like kicking them in the crotch!

KOOLAID2 on August 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Our luck….They will all be ball-chinnians.

Hammie on August 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Go get them Alan West a true Patriot.

Steveangell on August 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Misogynist Allen West is getting scared. He’s not alone though, dozens of congressional teabaggers are running from Ryan budget. Look! Obama is the one who’s cutting Medicare, it’s not us. We won’t touch Medicare, we won’t touch the entitlements. Blame Obama!
And these are the ones right-wingers thought will cut the size of government? Please!

Salahuddin on August 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Salahuddin on August 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

You are as usual, incorrect.

Bmore on August 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM

And we’re supposed to believe there is no media bias? What the heck are they teaching in journalism school?!

hopeful on August 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Alternative headline: Decorated, Retired Army Lt. Colonel Denounces Liberal PAC Ad That Utilized Vile Racial Stereotypes of Black Men as Violent Criminals.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharton strangely silent on this issue.

locomotivebreath1901 on August 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM

RAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCIIIIISSSSSTTTTTTT

red_herring on August 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I address hopeful’s 8:14 PM’s question : Journalism is no longer a ‘ask questions, investigate, evaluate, report the WHOLE story’ entity.
What they are taught now is what you might call: Advocacy Journalism. Investigations are undertaken to pursue a certain viewpoint or philosophy. Only report that which supports your angle or belief and suppress any and all evidence that does not support your beliefs.
If you listen carefully and know about a subject being reported these days you’ll notice that this has invaded journalism at EVERY level.
As for Lt. Col. West I suspect he do well against a trivial nincompoop such as this Murphy fellow.
Way back when you’ll recall our good Lt. Col. got into a schnitzel with ‘Higher’ while he was leading his infantry battalion in Iraq. It came about while he was interrogating a muj about anticipated ambushes and IED’s his troops might face in the not too distant future. He used his M9 and cranked off a round in the room with the muj subject, to emphasize his irritation that the Haji was not being at all truthful regarding his known acquaintances and their seditious plans.
When I heard of this, I penned a short note to his leadership (To Whom It May Concern) that in the future if Lt.Col. West ever felt the need to emphasize his urgency to obtain accurate information from the next low life Haji he had to question, I would gladly loan him my Freedom Arms .454 Casull so that he could use it to punctuate his irritation. It would be a much more forceful statement as compared to the 9 mm Parabellum.

Missilengr on August 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Salahuddin on August 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

And possibly a coward to boot.

Bmore on August 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

why isn’t private jet pelosi behind bars already ?

FlaMurph on August 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Because she’s usually under the bar that’s on her private jet.

TugboatPhil on August 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Test. My posts are not appearing……

avagreen on August 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Is this the same Patrick Murphy that was defeated in PA two years ago?

Otto Zilch on August 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM

SouthernGent on August 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I’m not much of a dancer but I expect I will have a full bladder when I pay my “respects”.

swinia sutki on August 14, 2012 at 6:14 AM