Video: DNC Chair “doesn’t know” party affiliation of Obama Super PAC

posted at 2:01 pm on August 12, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

I’ll confess right up front that I’m a big fan of Debbie Wasserman Schultz. She is endlessly entertaining (in a completely unintentional way) and her staggering blunders and fantastic statements do a great deal to promote the unserious nature of the DNC in many things. She is, in an ironic sort of way, one of the greatest gifts that the GOP has received in quite some time.

But even given all of that, one of her most recent interviews on Fox News may just win some sort of award for the Silliest Thing Said in Politics for the week. Take a look.

Host: Should the Democrats be releasing an ad that accuses a presidential candidate of being responsible, through inference, of being responsible for a woman’s death?

DWS: First of all, that’s a Priorities USA ad.

Host: I understand…

DWS: It’s a priorities USA Super PAC ad…

Host: Correct

DWS: … and we have nothing to do with it.

Host: Do you deny that they’re Democrats?

DWS: I have no idea of the political affiliation of the folks associated with that Super PAC.

Host: So, Bill Burton, who used to work in the White House, who worked for the Obama campaign in 2008? Not a Democrat?

DWS: That is a Super PAC ad, not affiliated with the party or the campaign.

Okay, Ms. Wasserman Schultz. We get it. Everyone in both campaigns has to pretend they aren’t coordinating with their friends, colleagues and relatives in the Super PACs to avoid running afoul of the law. (A law, by the way, which is working brilliantly, as long as none of the tens of thousands of political operatives, candidates and elected officials living today would ever consider being dishonest or deliberately obfuscatory.) But you’re seriously going to sit there on national TV and claim that you have no clue about the party affiliation of Bill Burton? You remember Bill, right? The former White House Deputy Press Secretary? I’m guessing this little episode has something to do with a new hashtag trending on Twitter… #DebbieDoesntKnow

Or perhaps the stress of the campaign trail is taking a toll on your memory. Try to take it easy for a while, Ms. Chairwoman. Remember… a mind is a terrible thing to baste.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

What a maroon

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Maroon is a color. Didn’t you mean moron?

lukjuj on August 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

being from the side that reliably has the ghey vote locked up, one would think she could scare up a hairdresser or drag queen to give her some help with that fright wig she’s always working. hot oil treatment and deep conditioning 911!

you can see the split ends from mars. i bet john edwards could probably pony up some helpful Breck girl tips for a fellow comrade having the eternal bad hair day.

mittens on August 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Scary to realize that she HAS had all of that done. You’ve no idea how much spatula work is required before she goes on camera. My high-definition digital tv, HDTV (1080p), is programmed to flip to analog, SDTV (480p), whenever she appears on tv. And I’ve still had to replace two monitors in the past two weeks.

The pics of DWS that HA posts are about all any monitor reasonably can take, never mind a sentient human being who isn’t a Democrat, but I repeat myself.

de rigueur on August 12, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Maroon is a color. Didn’t you mean moron?

lukjuj on August 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Look a grammar nazi…no the poster meant maroon, you maroon…

right2bright on August 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

All I know, is that I am totally distracted by how haggard that woman looks. Yikes!

redlucy on August 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Maroon is a color. Didn’t you mean moron?

lukjuj on August 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Whatsa matta you? You no like Bugs Bunny?

arnold ziffel on August 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Maroon is a color. Didn’t you mean moron?

lukjuj on August 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I believe the next sentence is “What an ignoraninimus!”

freedomfirst on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

bone voyeggie!

johnnyboy on August 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

What’s a matta you? Want me smacka you face?

ronsfi on August 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

We need to stop with the pleasantries – she misspoke or silly comment – and get down to brass tacks. She is a liar and every news organization that interviews her should be attacked for promoting a liar.
Romney yesterday said Obama’s campaigning is “almost” below the office pf President. This has to stop. The Obama campaign is supporting it and he needs to be called out on it. He is the most powerful Democrat in America. He is responsible to either accepting it or not. He shouldn’t be afforded the Jeff Spiccoli line of “I don’t know” or “I haven’t seen that yet” line. The “smartest President ever” shouldn’t be rewarded to being an idiot.

djaymick on August 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

As lawless and arrogant as they are I would imagine Waterheadschultz’s answer was the the result of nerves after the lap dogs yapped at Carney in disbelief during his last briefing when pressed on the cancer man’s appearance in a previous Obama campaign ad.

Although they would ignore any fines etc. from the FEC. Her denial is too idiotic even for Dumby. They’re nervous and now have a canned denial they’re all to parrot.

bluesdoc70 on August 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I admit I have a masochistic streak. Watching clips of this horrid woman (along with clips of Mooch, Pelozilla and the ever-sick Stephanie Cutter) go a long way toward indulging said streak.

MisterElephant on August 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM

…if they had DWS during WWII…they could have paraded her in front of the troops…and saved a ton of money in saltpeter expense!

KOOLAID2 on August 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Host: I understand…

DWS: It’s a priorities USA Super PAC ad…

Host: Correct

DWS: … and we have nothing to do with it.

Host: Do you deny that they’re Democrats?

They did have her and others like her in WWII.

“We had no idea what was going on up there, why there was such a smell when the wind was just so, and why there were trains coming in with people, and when they left..not so much.”

Nothing to see here…move along.

Tenwheeler on August 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

MisterElephant on August 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Does that streak involve becoming a priest?

Tenwheeler on August 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

DWS is a manipulative third rate hack. She is so bad that she achieves Obama’s goal of distracting Republicans from his failed performance. Win or lose, DWS is gone from her post after the November elections.

TruthBeTold on August 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

djaymick on August 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Romney was almost right. It IS beneath the office of the Presidency. When I think of what could have been with the United States electing the first black president in history, and looking at where we are three and a half years later, I am sad for the Republic.

Martin Luther King is rolling over in his grave. “This, THIS is what we marched and suffered and died for?”

Truly a sad time in our history, for so much to have been paid for so many to have what we do today.

I was talking with a black friend at work the other day. We have known each other for over twenty years. He said,”You don’t like President Obama anyway.”

I said,” You’re right. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. It is with the content of his character.”

He just stood there staring at me.

Tenwheeler on August 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

“So you are saying you don’t know if they are Democrats or not?”

“I got nothin’” Blink-blink-blink…..

Tenwheeler on August 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Alternative headline: The DUMBEST Elected Official in this Nation allows Another Tuurrd to Fall Out of Her Pie Hole.

locomotivebreath1901 on August 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

For all their talk of “free Contraception” and abortion, the demonuts could save Trillions of dollars on both programs and distribute the Wasserman Doll. It will promote abstinence and be used as the morning after solution.

Tbone McGraw on August 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I have no idea how anyone could vote for a candidate who hires her as a spokesperson. None. I just hope the DNC doesn’t fire her because she is a textbook ignoramus and a repugnant liar.

Philly on August 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM

The left hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.

TimBuk3 on August 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM

What a beautiful picture to put on the front page.

OMG, WTH, WTF (and every other TLA to denote a mild sense of horror).

CorporatePiggy on August 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Maroon is a color. Didn’t you mean moron?

lukjuj on August 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I believe the next sentence is “What an ignoraninimus!”

freedomfirst on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Ding ding ding!

BigAlSouth on August 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I live in this liar’s district in Broward County, Fl, for the life me, I can’t understand how intelligent people in this suburban neighborhood reelect her time and time again. It’s really disturbing. She is truely an embrasassment to Davie and WEston Florida!!!! Wake up People of Broward County!!!

Lynken on August 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

rEep. Debbie (blabbermouth) Wasserman-Schultz again makes no sense in answering a question about a misstep made by the other side (everyone that is not willing to fall into lockstep with the Demoncrates).

She is programmed to simply say multiple nasty things on any subject presented from the Republicans. Most often once said during an interview the same response is regurgitated. And she stutters so much when slamming those she does not agree with that the listeners always has doubts about the validity of her venom.

MSGTAS on August 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Maroon is a color. Didn’t you mean moron?

lukjuj on August 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I believe the next sentence is “What an ignoraninimus!”

freedomfirst on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Ding ding ding!

Then comes “What a Nin-Cow-Poop!”

TimBuk3 on August 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

The gift that keeps on giving.

NotEasilyFooled on August 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Two points:

1. The entire DWS interview was a giant, hilarious clusterfark. I actually made my 16 year-old son sit down and watch it…not for the politics, but to illustrate how to tell when someone is lying.

If you have the time, I strongly suggest watching the whole thing. In fact, if you ever doubt you’re on the right side, watch her performance juxtaposed with Priebus. Amazing contrast.

2. Someone in not only overly sensitive, but needs to watch more Bugs Bunny.

Maroon is a color. Didn’t you mean moron?

lukjuj on August 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Kenz on August 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Can someone send that woman a paper sack or something with a thick veil to wear when shes on TV?

Wheres the eye bleach?

HA suffers, cause now I rather go back to work, not having the stomach to surf anymore…blech.

orbitalair on August 13, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Folks, take a close, hard look at that pic of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz. Then look at a pic of Mrs Nancy Pelosia and Jabba the Hutt. I’m here to tell ya that Debbie is their love hate child.

Meanwhile, the Fox News clip of her denying any knowledge of the Super PAC’s political affiliation? Well, Debbie needs to drop the hyphenation and just go with plain ol’ Schultz. As in Sgt Schultz, the fascist POW camp guard from Hogan’s Heroes; “I know nuzzing! Nuzzing!”

CatchAll on August 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM