Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on August 12, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Instead of writing a clever paragraph introducing the entries for this week’s OOTW, let’s talk about the fundraising drive for our OOTD partner Chris Muir, creator of the New Media cartoon strip Day By Day.  After all, you helped make it a success with all your past support.  Now you can own some DBD memorabilia for yourself without lifting credit for it!  You can set your own level of donation and get as much of the DBD-hood as you want.  This opportunity won’t go on for weeks on end, so be sure to donate now!

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

It’s time once again to show our support for Day By Day and its artist-publisher, Chris Muir.  Chris holds an annual fundraiser to keep the adventures of Sam, Zed, Jan, and Damon coming.  Chris, whose artwork has enhanced the OOTD feature since its inception for Hot Air readers, uses the funds raised for only the continuance of DBD.  As always, the fundraiser has many fabulous gifts available at whatever level one chooses to donate.  If you’re thinking about donating at the Jan/Damon level or above, you’ll get a Last Supper Red vs Blue magnet, which has depictions of personalities from New Media — myself included.  Donating at the Anatoly Level will get you a 9×15 print of the artwork.  Dig deep and be part of supporting the one of the best New Media cartoonists in the biz!

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Did you build that?

Electrongod on August 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM

7 weeks – Don’t ask, I won’t tell.

50sGuy on August 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Had to go with #4. Reinforces the coward image.

a capella on August 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Everyday is amateur hour.

abobo on August 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

nothin’ real stellar this week, Ed. Stunner. Either that or I’m getting jaded. Anyhoo, I pulled the lever for Romney Hood.

ted c on August 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Romney hood

Class all the way

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Number three. If’s what O’s done all his life. Take credit for someone else’s work.

chewmeister on August 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Pretty good one this week.

BallisticBob on August 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

He’s an economic train wreck…..lucky us we’re trapped on the train while he takes us to the cliff where the track ends.

PappyD61 on August 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Obama is envious of anyone who has actually built something. He’d like to run on his record of accomplishments, but he can’t because he didn’t build it.

backwoods conservative on August 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

That’s it! Double down on YDBT meme.

EliTheBean on August 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Why are Dem voters OK with the President not taking questions from the press for so long?

visions on August 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Maddow is a true idiot

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Sorry wrong thread

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

if you have Independent friends or those that could be persuaded…..

THIS is a great resource to point out his flaws and failures that they don’t hear in the lying media.

PappyD61 on August 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

visions on August 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Because the answers would just be lies anyway, and they don’t care.

backwoods conservative on August 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Perpetuating the myth that he has authored a middle class tax cut when the net result in their paycheck will be zero. Pres. Zero.

hillsoftx on August 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

“Romneyhood”. Trying to make himself sound clever by using someone elses term is just plain pathetic. And even after he was called on it, has anyone heard him give credit or an apology or a clarification?

scalleywag on August 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Maddow is a true idiot

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Sorry wrong thread

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Never apologize for that. It’s true on any thread!

honsy on August 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I can’t wait to see the business that answer his call. Should be a real eye opener.

Cindy Munford on August 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Did you build that?

Electrongod on August 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM

%.2 Trillion dollars in debt….

hey Barack YOU did build that bud.

harlekwin15 on August 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

erm 5.2 trillion

harlekwin15 on August 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Went with the Bush tax cuts, just because it could be turned around so easily and effectively into ‘President Obama…you didn’t cut that!

I’m liking the VP choice and I’m looking forward to the battle ahead.

CitizenEgg on August 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

“you didn’t build that”

Destined to become the 0bamateurism of the Year.

Then again, one should never underestimate 0bama’s ability to out-stupid himself. Just a few weeks ago, I thought “The public sector is doing just fine” was a sure winner.

UltimateBob on August 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Speaking of barack’s Twitter:

Obama frantically tweets ‘FACTS’ about Ryan; citizens respond with truth

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Honsy :)

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Ed, how’s your back?

freywg on August 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Goid linky RT

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Honsy :)

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

honsy on August 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I had to go with Romney Hood. I simply feel it best represents Obamao in that he’s so shallow that a slogan that sounds good is all that matters. Never mind a deeper look to see if it’s accurate or, in this case, makes him look like the fool he is.

But then, Obamao’s libertard constituency is just as shallow, just as ignorant, and just as narrow-minded and hateful as he is. November 7 can’t come soon enough. That’s when the real struggle begins. I’m up for it.

rpjkw11 on August 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Middle-class tax cut my arse.

Obarmy’s idea of a tax cut is to give more of other people’s money to folks who pay no tax to begin with and likely already get a nice little EIC to boot.

What a deceitful bastage.

hillbillyjim on August 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Bill Clinton didn’t take any questions for about his last year in office. It’s the media that instructs him to not take questions because it would be too conspicuous for them to not bring up the subjects for which Obama has no defense. I think Obama might find a way to beg out of the debates.

Buddahpundit on August 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

HAHAHAHA!

ladyingray on August 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Buddahpundit on August 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

With Billy Jeff it would be a stretch to have believed that, I could see Obama say “well this drone strike was so important I needed to be there” and doing it.

He is so over the top with the incestuous affair with the newsies they’d probably ask Romney to get on TV and say “I understand….and you know Barry would have won”….

the difference this cycle is unlike last time, Mitt would probably say “get bent” and give a speech for the timeslot, and McCain would have argued Barry’s points stronger than his own.

harlekwin15 on August 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Between the purloined tax cut and you didn’t build that.

I chose finding O-bots to say we didn’t build that so they would be rewarded with more crony capitalism money from Dear Leader.

Philly on August 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Nice to see you posting, Ed. Even yesterday!

Hope the recovery is coming along.

Prayers and best wishes.

Cody1991 on August 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I enjoyed that.

Cindy Munford on August 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Find small businessmen who didn’t build their businesses on their own… good luck on that one, I tellya!

ajacksonian on August 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM

ajacksonian on August 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Maybe they should just drive around Anytown, USA and call the phone numbers on the “This Space for Rent” signs.

O/T Debbie Whatshername is particularly putrid this morning.

Naturally Curly on August 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Seven weeks with no Press questions. Silly peons for thinking Barky should be accountable and the Press should be inquisitive.

indyvet on August 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM

He’s such a punk it’s always hard to pick.

In all fairness HA should have the same for President Romney (hoping), but I think it would always be blank. Not that he’s all that great in my book, but I just can’t imagine him saying and doing stupid crap like The One consistently does.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

There’s certainly a lot of red meat to be chewed over the “you didn’t build that gaffe, but I had to go with Romneyhood.

The Ronneyhood gaffe gets the Robin Hood story so massively wrong, Robin Hood actually stole taxes from a corrupt government to give back to citizens, not from citizens to the wealthy, and so perfectly reveals BHO’s exactly backward worldview.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on August 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Asks supporters to find businesses to support his “you didn’t build that” argument

The amount of irony lost to them on this alone is amazing.

Bmore on August 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My first time commenting, but it may also be my last…That annoying Townhall ad/book offer INTERFERES WITH site navigation!! I read HotAir on my iPad, and it blacks out my screen EVERY time I go to the home page, or open a post, or go to a new page of comments. Sometimes it even kicks me out of my browser. There is only one setting on an iPad to block ads; it is on but that doesn’t help either. Is this ad going to run throughout the election season?? If it is, I may be spending my time at Breitbart or other sites that have decent navigation. I’ve been reading HotAir for 4 years and have enjoyed it, but I only have so much time.

BoomerInOC on August 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Had to go with number 1. It’s really amateurish to go begging for someone – anyone – to back up the stupid statement that you made.
(Wonder how that’s workin’ out for lil barry?)

I did like the “Romney Hood” one, though. Particularly when most of his supporters referred to it as a place, rather than being able to connect it to the fictional character. But, leftists are smart, don’tcha know.

Solaratov on August 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Has to be Romney Hood.

BoomerInOC on August 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Ed, how’s your back?

freywg on August 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

…not the first person to ask!
I think he’s learning from OBaloney!

7 weeks since taking questions from anyone but donors

KOOLAID2 on August 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I’m in my cocoon – you can’t see me. Talk with my peeps. Maybe you can do lunch – across the street. Go away … I have to focus my laser on – just a minute … wait – jobs, yes , that’s it … golf.

koaiko on August 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Romneyhood stood out as the choice, but then had to go with finding some small business that would fit his arguement. More tilting at windmills. Both of them are totally stupid but just had to keep the “you didn’t build that” meme alive. Looks like I was not the only one.

BetseyRoss on August 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I was choosing between asking businesses to show that they were incompetent and claiming credit for the “Bush tax cuts”. I chose the falsely taking credit as it’s more his style. Asking victims to cut their own throats is taking his world view to a deeper (in the doo-doo) level. That takes outside instigation in his case as I don’t think he cares to think too hard about policies and actions other than golf.

Kevin K. on August 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

LINE TO SEE ROMNEY/RYAN TODAY – 1/2 MILE LONG.

TWEET that, @BarakObama.

Mutnodjmet on August 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I told a lie, now go find some people to support the lie I told.

Wyle B. Obama
Super Genius

jukin3 on August 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

#1: Teh Petulant Won doubles down on stupid, as usual.

petefrt on August 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

BoomerInOC on August 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I’ve only seen that ad once, (on my iPad) closed it out, and nothing since.
‘Course, I do leave HA tabs open all day, so maybe that’s why.

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Had to go with No 1…

I mean really, he’d have to go to Mars and then some to find a business that would support his claim!

Good Luck with that!

Scrumpy on August 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Doubling down on “you didn’t build that”. After all, it went over so well the first time!

katablog.com on August 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

He’s said some questionable things.

This line is by far the most offensive thing he has ever said. Puts bitter clingers etc. right into the shade.

CorporatePiggy on August 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

He’s said some questionable things.

CorporatePiggy on August 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I dunno letting the mask slip and “I want to do for all business what I did for the auto industry”…..

yeah Champ steal from the investor, steral from the non union help, and sell the corpse to Italy?

harlekwin15 on August 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Maddow is a true idiot

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Sorry wrong thread

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Never apologize for that. It’s true on any thread!

honsy
on August 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I second that motion.

It is a good, generic statement. : )

listens2glenn on August 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I went with Romneyhood, as well. Purely because the buffoon clearly doesn’t know the story and made an ass of himself pretending he does.

totherightofthem on August 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Sunday Funnies

Resist We Much on August 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

THAT is one GREAT montage!

Thanks for the link. : )

listens2glenn on August 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Why is there never an “all of the above” option?

listens2glenn on August 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM

RobbingHood, theft by thuggery

Schadenfreude on August 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Obama, it’s what’s for breakfast.

ahlaphus on August 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Obama’s “middle class tax cut”.

Barry, you really didn’t build that.

profitsbeard on August 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Cindy Munford on August 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I am willing to bet that this will be even less successful than his pleading for people with birthdays and weddings to register for donations to him.

He is such a loser.

I voted for the “tax cuts” he’s taking credit for.

He is such a punk.

Jvette on August 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

“It’s Romney Hood.”

Maybe I lose this week because that’s really an Obamavotorteurism and not an Obamateurism?

MNHawk on August 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Maddow is a true idiot

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Sorry wrong thread

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Ahh, but true on any thread.

Siddhartha Vicious on August 13, 2012 at 6:54 AM