Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on August 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

Five solid hours of Ryan-palooza this morning in case you’re still jonesing after yesterday’s announcement. As I write this, the man himself isn’t yet scheduled to appear, but expect a brief satellite interview or two to have been hastily arranged overnight. Public interest is too high right now not to take advantage. One amazing footnote here: Tim Pawlenty, who just got passed over for VP after making the shortlist for the second election in a row, is scheduled to do not one but two segments in defense of the Romney/Ryan ticket. That’s a loyal soldier. Go ahead and pencil him in now for a cabinet position if Romney wins.

The Ryan announcement means there’ll be much less time this morning to dissect the Obama Super PAC smear ad heard ’round the world, but look out for a few minutes on that in each show’s panel section. It’ll make for a nice contrast with Romney’s exceedingly substantive VP pick. The line-up via WaPo:

NBC’s Meet the Press: Former Governor Tim Pawlenty; Rachel Maddow, MSNBC; Chuck Todd, NBC; former Gov. Frank Keating (R-OK); Dan Balz, Washington Post

CBS’ Face the Nation: Eric Fehrnstrom, senior advisor to the Romney Campaign; Stephanie Cutter, Obama deputy campaign manager; Newt Gingrich; Ruth Marcus, Washington Post; Bob Shrum, The Week; David Frum, Daily Beast; Michael Gerson, Washington Post; Roger Simon, Politico

ABC’s This Week: Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty; David Axelrod, senior adviser to the Obama campaign; Cokie Roberts, ABC; former Vermont Governor Howard Dean; Paul Gigot, Wall Street Journal; California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom; Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal

Fox News Sunday: Sen. John McCain (R-AZ); Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL); Chip Saltsman, former Huckabee campaign manager; Erin McPike, RealClearPolitics; Liz Cheney, Keep America Safe; David Drucker, Roll Call

CNN’s State of the Union with Candy Crowley: Sen. John Thune (R-SD); David Axelrod, senior adviser to the Obama campaign; Ed Gillespie, senior adviser to the Romney campaign

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Isn’t Stephanie Cutter hiding today?

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Axlerod and dws

Spin spin spin…. going to kill grandma

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM

And Liz Cheney says to herself: “OK. I’ll do this by myself. Again.”

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Yepper RT

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Newt needs to eviscerate Stephanie Cutter over the cancer ad debacle…

hillsoftx on August 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Mr. Duh says he wants to watch FOX to see what DWS has to say. Poor dear, I think he spent too many hours out in the Florida sun yesterday.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM

That’s a loyal soldier.

T-Paw is a great guy, & the antipathy he evokes among conservatives is frustrating.

itsnotaboutme on August 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM

He was on Hannity last night. He did a pretty good job defending the R/R ticket.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Jindal will be great as Secretary of Health and Human Services. Which position fits Pawlenty best? Commerce, Interior, Agriculture, Education, HUD? Do not see him in Treasury, State or Defense.

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

So the networks are bringing out the usual wacko-lib suspects to school us on Ryan?

Yeah, I’m going to waste my morning watching these drooling fools prevaricate on behalf of Spike Lee’s “Black Jesus.”

I wish the NASCAR race started earlier in the day.

MrScribbler on August 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I wonder how the VP pick money bomb is going. Not much news after it crossed 2M.

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I was at the CPAC 2009 Conference and got a chance to be there for Ryan’s speech and Romney’s speech.

I was very impressed with Ryan and predicted he would rise further politically.

Romney was as wooden, two-dimensional, and uncomfortable and phoney as he normally is.

Interesting these two guys are now the ticket.

KirknBurker on August 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Yepper RT

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Yeah, again. The conservative women in the party still doing the lions share of carrying the water. Liz Cheney needs to run for office.

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM

5255 comments thus far on Ryan threads when combined. Blogger paradise?

Bmore on August 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM

The usual leftist nuts. Your mission Mr. Allahpundit, should you choose to accept it, is to watch them and report back to us. My stomach prevents me from looking at DWS, Axelrod, et al. As always, should you become ill from this, I will disavow any knowledge of this mission.

50sGuy on August 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Luke 13:28-There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth today from the left.When I see DWS it always makes me think of yeast.

docflash on August 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

How about a better idea?

We dump the entire department.

KirknBurker on August 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Sightly OT:

Am reading on Twitter this morning that barack has broken the long tradition of calling the opposition party’s VP nominee and congratulating him. Keepin’ it classy, barack, as usual. Sheesh. What a baby.

Clearly with Ryan, it’s personal for barack — has never gotten over the obamacare summit dressing down in front of the nation. Good. Ryan is living inside barack’s head.

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Fox and Friends Weekend has announced that R&R brought in $4+ since announcement.

If we catch any Sunday shows, we normally watch FNS, and NEVER the other channels.
Looks like we’ll be muting the DSW segment, (to prevent intestinal upset) and rely on y’all for play-by-play.

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Class is not something you will ever find in Barry or Moochelle.

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Heard on Fox this morning it was $4 million in 7 hours.

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM

itsnotaboutme on August 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM

He’s one of those guys who, in a boxing match, would solidly hit you and then take his gloves off and walk over to you – “You okay? Did I hurt you?”

Just box. I agree he’s a good guy, and he’s clever and well-spoken, but if you asked me what he believes, I couldn’t tell you.

beatcanvas on August 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I read yesterday that Biden called Ryan. I wonder if he mentioned the boy king’s big stick?

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM

5255 comments thus far on Ryan threads when combined. Blogger paradise?

Bmore on August 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM

You’re hilarious :)

beatcanvas on August 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM

On Twitter this morning:

I can’t believe the Democrats are nominating Obama. That plays right into Romney’s hands.

Ha!

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

That can’t be right. I sent $4+ all by myself :-)

MJBrutus on August 12, 2012 at 8:26 AM

DRUDGE poll is now closed.

WAS PAUL RYAN A GOOD PICK?

YES 82.65% (439,133 votes)

NO 10.03% (53,290 votes)

NOT SURE 7.32% (38,872 votes)

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Tim Pawlenty, who just got passed over for VP after making the shortlist for the second election in a row, is scheduled to do not one but two segments in defense of the Romney/Ryan ticket. That’s a loyal soldier. Go ahead and pencil him in now for a cabinet position if when Romney wins.@ Allahpundit

Rovin on August 12, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I wish the NASCAR race started earlier in the day.

MrScribbler on August 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

That’s why we have HA, so we can get the “drooling quotes of the day” after the race.

Saves a LOT of time – I read faster than they can drool their drivel.

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Allah calls Ryan

Romney’s exceedingly substantive VP pick.

I guess Allah finds Biden to be exceeding,y substantive, too.

Biden and Paul supported TARP
Biden and Paul supported the auto bailouts
Biden and Paul supported raising the debt ceiling
Biden and Paul supported increased spending

etc.

Vote Romney/Biden! Take America back!

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

*laughs at herself*
Hey, $4 could get you a chance to have lunch with them ??
OF COURSE I meant $4 MILLION.
MORE. COFFEE.

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Tried to make a donation last night, and the idiots demanded a phone number.

SoooooSorry, that’s just non-kosher. Hmm…what was the famous 2008 site that didn’t even verify the COUNTRY that was sending donations? Mmm? So I bitched to the site and we’ll see if they let me donate in the next few days…I wanted to be part of the Romney/Ryan Moneybomb but they won’t let me…

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM

4M. Not bad so far. Thanks guys.

I am excited about the team. (Not enough to listen to DWS talk about them) But I am genuinely excited. The Mitt/Ryan election page is pretty well laid out. I think we’re getting off to a very good start.

Mrs Hawk said there are Romney/Ryan signs out in our home state of NC already.

“R2/012″ is what I’m going to put on my truck while I’m here in upstate NY. (Less chance of getting keyed)

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Joe’s phone call doesn’t surprise me unlike Pres. No Comment. He really needs to get a teleprompter app for his smart phone so he can respond. PATHETIC MAN-CHILD.

hillsoftx on August 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Jindal will be great as Secretary of Health and Human Services. Which position fits Pawlenty best? Commerce, Interior, Agriculture, Education, HUD?.

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Every single one of those departments should be eliminated.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Looks like I’ll be skipping by a lot of posts again today.
Sure gets tiring.
Sigh.

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Tried to make a donation last night, and theydemanded a phone number.

SoooooSorry, that’s just non-kosher. Hmm…what was the famous 2008 site that didn’t even verify the COUNTRY that was sending donations? Mmm? So I complained to the site and we’ll see if they let me donate in the next few days…I wanted to be part of the Romney/Ryan Moneybomb but they won’t let me…

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM

And, so it begins.

Democrats Repeat what Politifact called the ‘Lie of the Year 2011′: “Republicans Voted to End Medicare”

Politifact: Lie of the Year 2011: ‘Republicans Want to End Medicare’

Kathleen Hall Jamieson, an expert on campaign advertising who directs the Annenberg center at the University of Pennsylvania, and FactCheck.org, says Democrats have been using falsehoods and exaggerations about Medicare and Social Security since at least 1952. She calls it the longest-running “Democratic deception.”

mountainaires on August 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Tried to make a donation last night, and theydemanded a phone number.

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Use this one: 202-863-8000

It’s the main number for the DNC.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Vote Romney/Biden! Take America back!

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

The biggest dilemma will be if Chicago can house both Emanuel and Obama. (Paging realtor of the year, Tony Rezko )

Rovin on August 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Just got done making my donation.

Trafalgar on August 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

As long as you’ve been commenting here, you know that is the nature of political discussion. The fringe has always been here.

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Jindal should be left to finish his term rockin’ LA. Give it time…

And as a previous poster said, most of these departments are not Enumerated Powers of the federal government.

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM

You HotAirheads are living in a self-indulgent fantasyland. Paul Ryan is the Dennis Kucinich of the GOP. He’s exciting to you who are incapable of seeing beyond your own base, but the rest of the country will view him as little more than a Romney MiniMe.

An intellectual? Hahaha. From the Homer Simpson School of Economics?

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Just got done making my donation.

Trafalgar on August 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I did yesterday.

And John, I wasn’t prompted for my number.

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Yup .. Yesterday just wore on my nerves, is all.
Repetition tires me out, some days.

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Use this one: 202-863-8000

It’s the main number for the DNC.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Ha! Love ya, Flora…still upsets me that they demand a phone. Don’t they get it? Zero got away with multiple felonies in 2008 on his donation site. Aren’t we playing hardball here?

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

promachus was right, there’s no excitement for this ticket.

@andylancaster: I don’t think I’m getting in to see @mittromney and @PaulRyanVP http://t.co/MmxKM4R7

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Does not look like they were successful in reversing the brain damage resulting from your bifida.

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Ugh. Too many lib blabbermouths on each show for me. We could probably create a transcript of DWS and her talking points on Fox ahead of time. Who will be defending Ryan? I see T-Paw, Newt, Liz Cheney, and Eric Fehrnstrom. That’s it. Somebody should keep count of how many times the words “extreme” and “radical” are used.

TarheelBen on August 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

From the Homer Simpson School of Economics?

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Doesn’t exist, thanks for confessing your ignorance comrade bifidis.

tom daschle concerned on August 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

From the Homer Simpson School of Economics?

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Pretty accurate. Posters are once again proving that all it takes is a nice-sounding speech on tv for them to ignore voting records to win their support.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Awesome.

Nikkia2112 on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

confession number two just made.

tom daschle concerned on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

RT not surprised by dear leader’s classlessness

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM

You are the Leonidas of the twitterverse.

tom daschle concerned on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Homer Simpson School of economics. I wonder if any of the HAHs could remind me, (I forget) what the credit rating under the last administration and what did it drop to under Obama and team? (And when was the last time the Donks passed a budget?)

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Every single one of those departments should be eliminated.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Throw in EPA, TSA and Energy.

Alabama Infidel on August 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Yup .. Yesterday just wore on my nerves, is all.
Repetition tires me out, some days.

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Because you din’t like being confronted with the truth, perhaps?

Do you support TARP? Do you support the bailouts? Do you support confiscating CEO bonuses? Do you support eliminating Senate confirmations for presidential appointments?

Ryan voted YES for all of these.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

itsnotaboutme on August 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM

beatcanvas on August 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Because you do not know him at all.
Minnesotans–like Ed Morrissey, who all but endorsed him in the primaries–know T-Paw. They know how hard he fought unions & the legislature for 8 yrs to pass a conservative agenda in a blue state.

itsnotaboutme on August 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Dr. Donald Palmisano, M.D., J.D., the former AMA President, is debunking the Dem’s medicscare on Fox.

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Good idea hawk

Glad to hear the signs are up in NC

I bought my sign too early…. just says Romney

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I wonder what Fareed Zakaria will be talking about today…?

Glenn Jericho on August 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

When I see DWS it always makes me think of yeast.

docflash on August 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

ROFL – you’ve planted that thought in my head now, thank you.

tru2tx on August 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM

This is why the Paul extremist always fall flat in my mind. Once he fails to get the nod, (as always) they immediately are more aligned with the extremists from the left. Can not take you serious as someone who says you’re most interested in the preservation of The Constitution.

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

And – don’t tell me – Joe Biden is a genius?

TarheelBen on August 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Are you surprised mountainaires….of course they rather spew lies and the lsm won’t call them out on it.eont bother bringing up politicfact

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Why not Ryan on all these shows? Puzzling.

mockmook on August 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Some of us recognize how those things happened, and walk in grace and hope.
Others just plant their feet and demand utter purity, instead of backing our team’s attempts to undo all of that.
PLEASE … We KNOW, we KNOW !!

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I wonder what Fareed Zakaria will be talking about today…?

Glenn Jericho on August 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Will I spend the day drinking scotch or whiskey while Time magazine has those interns check every one of my columns for plagiarism.

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM

NOOOOOO! That bit of emotionalism is for Mr. Fehrnstrom. So I guess they found an answer why Ms. Cutter isn’t in deep dodo and should be hiding? Did she cancel from This Week because those guys are so much tougher?

Cindy Munford on August 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Lol flora… will use that as well

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

An intellectual? Hahaha. From the Homer Simpson School of Economics?

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Bless your heart.

But if this were really true, a loyal liberal would keep it to themselves and let us clueless HotAirheads continue in our “self-indulgent fantasyland” all the way up to an unexpected and disappointing loss on Nov. 6th.

So just the fact that you felt it necessary to share it shows that you’re fearful.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

The plot thickens…the Romney donation site “errored” on a credit card billing address mismatch, but managed to bill me each time it happened. So I donated 3x as much as I wanted.

Need some better techies, Mr. Techocrat.

Who is John Galt on August 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Throw in EPA, TSA and Energy.

Alabama Infidel on August 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

The Bureau of Indian Affairs should be numero uno.

tom daschle concerned on August 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Here’s all I need to know.. a former state dept. Bush adviser doesn’t like Paul Ryan.
“We don’t know how he’ll see the world.” the guy says. Yeah.. we do. America first. America is a great country! America has it right. Of course.. that’s too simple minded for the “New World Order” elitist snob establishment types who got us all into this mess in the first place!

I love how he says he’s too young. Well.. the founders didn’t think 42 was too young or they wouldn’t have made it a legal age to be President. Is 42 too young to go to war? Is 42 too young to drive a car? Start a business? Vote to raise taxes? Make a speech?

If Paul Ryan was a Democrat who supported everything Obama did.. the same people would call him “the future of Democrat party! A hero! An example of the next generation that will take us into socialism!”

These people are so pathetic!

JellyToast on August 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

bifidis on August 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM

People who has spina bifida have no control over their bladder or bowel. Does it explain your posts?

bayview on August 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Just listened to Candy Crowley on CNN about the Ryan pick. She’s hilarious becasue she says “The Democrats will say Ryan is extreme.” The Democrats are saying that the rich guy assertion is now “On steriods”. “The Obama Administration will say …”

What she means is , “Now we’re going to say.”

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

The Trolls will tell you whom they fear.

Time for Romney to man up. Game on.

kingsjester on August 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I can’t take someone serious who says they are a conservative or thinks we need to get our fiscal house in order, yet is going to vote for someone who voted for TARP, the bailouts, raising the debt ceiling, etc., just like Obama and Biden did.

There is nothing leftist about opposing these things and supporting others who do as well. All you care about is a little letter behind someone’s name. You’re a hypocrite lying to yourself.

Some of us recognize how those things happened, and walk in grace and hope.
PLEASE … We KNOW, we KNOW !!

YOU are what is wrong with the country.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

It looks as if a number of Romney-surrogate wusses- Ferhnstrom, McCain, and Pawlenty– are pitted against the Dem storm troopers–Axelrod, Wasserman-Shultz, and Maddow in the cage match. What a pity. The sleazy talking points will dominate the “dialogue.”

onlineanalyst on August 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

You guys are wrong about DWS. Obama said she’s *cute*.

DrStock on August 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

What she means is , “Now we’re going to say.”

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

They’re all so predictable. It’s hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

JellyToast on August 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Because you do not know him at all.

itsnotaboutme on August 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I know he was a great governor. I’ll try to communicate this better by asking a question: what does he stand for? Other than balanced budgets, I don’t know what drives the man. He hasn’t really communicated that. And I sat down with him for an hour and talked with him face to face. While I personally like him a great deal, I can’t put my finger on his ideology or driving principles.

beatcanvas on August 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM

The Bureau of Indian Affairs should be numero uno.

tom daschle concerned on August 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

That’s an agency under the Interior, not its own Department. Eliminating the Interior gets rid of it.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Not to find a parade to rain on, but I don’t like the signs. Up until his unforced fall into irrelevancy 3 weeks ago, I had been predicting that Romney would win handily; however, I now worry about a campaign that needs to use its VP pick to try to generate relevancy.

Ryan is an excellent pick, as was Palin. I just fear a campaign that cannot command any of the air that’s being sucked up by the Chicago goon squad.

PopsRacer on August 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM

YOU are what is wrong with the country.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

If you say so.

pambi on August 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Oh, I forgot Cutter– so aptly named as the Dem motor-mouth slanderer.

He (Pawlenty) was on Hannity last night. He did a pretty good job defending the R/R ticket.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

The problem with Pawlenty is that he plays defense instead of assertive offense.

onlineanalyst on August 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Oh, I forgot Cutter– so aptly named as the Dem motor-mouth slanderer.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

onlineanalyst on August 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

You are the Leonidas of the twitterverse.

tom daschle concerned on August 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Thanks.

Wait, what? Are you referring to the Leonidas who led a suicide mission against the Persians at Thermopylae, or Leonidas Belgian chocolates?

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

You guys are wrong about DWS. Obama said she’s *cute*.

DrStock on August 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Check his papers.

Doughboy on August 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Onlineanalyst…along with the softball questions for the dems

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

YOU are what is wrong with the country.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

The Hell he is! Hawk has dedicated his life in service to this country. You, are nothing more than an anti-semetic isolationist, who’s an ungrateful wretch, sitting there with your tin foil hat askew, complaining about this wonderful country you live in, because your Father Conklin clone had to drop out of the race…again.

Au contraire, you sniveling little whiner. YOU are what is wrong with this country.

Now. Where did I put the Ibupropen?

kingsjester on August 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Axlerod and dws

Spin spin spin…. going to kill grandma

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Can’t wait to see them both try to tell us with a straight face that Ryan’s inexperience will be a huge liability compared to the current VP’s status as an elder statesman. Bonus points if they refer to Ryan as stupid.

Lost in Jersey on August 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

YOU are what is wrong with the country.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Meh, that’s what the Taliban kept telling me.

hawkdriver on August 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Thanks.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

An amalgam of the two.

tom daschle concerned on August 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Gregory spewing the WH talking points

cmsinaz on August 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Ryan should have been on these shows this morning. Polls show that 30-40% of voters have no opinion of Ryan. The campaign has about 72 hours to own that narrative. They need positive ads in all of the swing states, and Ryan being interviewed on every network. And I’ve asked and asked: Does Ryan have an actual grandmother? If so, get her in an ad blasting the democrats’ “throw granny off a cliff” slander. And do it NOW.

Rational Thought on August 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Bless your heart.

Flora Duh on August 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

You are like lavender scented hydrochloric acid that cuts through the slime. A treasure.

Thank you for your most helpful posts!

tru2tx on August 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Now. Where did I put the Ibupropen?

kingsjester on August 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I was quoting pambi, but the same can be said for hawkdriver.

I am neither anti-semitic nor an isolationist. I favor free trade and relations with other nations. You are the one with the foil hat tossing out smears that are untrue.

You and your kind keep voting Republican and expecting different results, but the results always include bigger government, more taxes, increased spending, unconstitutional actions, and infringing on liberties. YOU are the problem.

Dante on August 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM