Vice President Paul Ryan: Could free enterprise get its groove back?

posted at 11:01 am on August 11, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I’ve made no secret out of the fact that I’ve long been rooting for Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal for Mitt Romney’s running mate selection, but when I went to check my e-mail and the Twitters one last time before hittin’ the hay last night and saw the Paul Ryan news, I had about a twelve-second rush of confused and conflicting emotions before deciding that, actually… this is kind of awesome.

I was really afraid there for a while that Romney would go with Rob Portman or Tim Pawlenty — as competent as either of them might be, I’m sorry, but I confess that I side with the “vanilla”-detractors on that one. They’d just be so boring. And while a lot of the speculators were speculatin’ that Paul Ryan’s fiscal reform and budget proposals will be a liability because of the way the Left will hammer and distort them, I don’t happen to see it that way. Paul Ryan is one of the few politicians who has dared to suggest comprehensive, viable solutions to our dramatically unsustainable national spending habits. That is a good thing, and if we can frame it simply and correctly (ay, there’s the rub!), I think people will respond in the positive.

I’ve heard quite a few fellow conservatives express their ire that his plans don’t go far enough, and in a more perfect and ideal world, I’d wholeheartedly agree with them — but buck up, friends. It’s important to stand tall for your principles, but this isn’t a more perfect and ideal world. Huge, sweeping, and sudden changes are just not part of the infrastructure of our two-party republic. Sometimes you’ve gotta’ do things by halves to work toward a whole — it’s a heck of a lot better than doing nothing.

Our national debt, fueled by our rapacious entitlement programs, is perhaps the most utterly predictable, self-inflicted, and calamitously far-reaching problem in modern history. Honestly, it’s so painfully laughable when people accuse free enterprise of fueling human greed, when big government is so clearly what allows the negative aspects of greed to flourish. If you haven’t picked up on this yet (tee hee), freedom and free markets are pretty much my political guiding lights: Their penetrating power to solve all manner of material ills, without coercion or affectation, is unparalleled. Whatever their other political faults may be, I think Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan truly understand and respect free markets. While Mitt sometimes stumbles on communicating that message (“corporations are people” and “I like firing people” = essentially true, but unfortunately not the most appealing way to say it), I’ve only ever heard clarifying and effective free-market testaments from Paul Ryan so far.

Along with my Townhall buddy Guy Benson, I had the opportunity to sit down for a lengthy interview with Paul Ryan in the Capitol offices last summer. I usually approach all politicians’ sincerity with extreme skepticism, but I was amazed at how friendly, easygoing, earnest, polite, casual, and engaging Ryan was. Democrats are going to have their work cut out for them trying to make him look like a bad guy, because I really believe people are going to naturally like him. Oh, did I mention brilliant? Because the man was passionately spouting off about complex fiscal and tax scenarios like they were as simple as the ABCs.

Every time I’ve written about Paul Ryan since then, I’ve referred to him as a hard-hitting fiscal guru — and more than anything, that’s what America needs right now. His common sense and doggedness are invaluable, and I’m hoping this will be a positive and definitive step in moving America away from intellectually cheap populism and instead making free enterprise cool again. Let’s do this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

This is all a distraction.

sartana on August 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Lets roll!

cmsinaz on August 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

It’s on.

Oh, Bishop.

BacaDog on August 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I still remember a televised meeting with O’Bozo and a bunch of Republicans about 3 years back. It was obvious to me that the Prez. had a hard-on for Ryan back then. He is a handsome fellow, after all.

Sincerely yours,

Larry Sinclair

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Once again, I have the choice between voting for a conservative veep I like who will have a liberal boss or third party/write-in.

Valiant on August 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Yes, Paul Ryan “Something Special From Wisconsin”!

(old tourist slogan, but it fits)

Ericka, glad to see your coming around to Ryan as VP…

WhoU4 on August 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I was afraid Romney was going to pick a snoozer for VP too.
Ryan got the good Tea Party, conserv, fiscal street cred.
He’ll be a rock star.
Mitt threw us a huge chunk of red meat and it is pretty tasty.

NeoKong on August 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

So we’re gonna have this national conversation about the free market vs. the welfare state.

Bring. It. On.

Rational Thought on August 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I said this yesterday, but this VP pick guarantees a mandate for the Ryan Budget plan.

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

First DNC ad explaining the Romney/Ryan solution for medicare

El_Terrible on August 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I’m in.

KCB on August 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Imagine a President and Vice President that actually WORK!

I got leg tingles.

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

N. H.’s motto: LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Wisconsin’s motto: EAT CHEESE OR DIE!

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I was rooting for Jindal as well but man after this morning I’m pretty pumped.

He hit all the right notes today and the second half of his speech pretty much articulated why people are conservative – well at least why I am.

I don’t think Romney could have made a better choice.

Let’s do this is right.

gophergirl on August 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Very good reading Erika. Keep it up.

koaiko on August 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Not to be the turd in the puch bowl but, once elected Ryan is going to have to do the dirty work of leveling with the American people, especially the boomers, for what will likely be the first time in their lives. We should support Romney and Ryan because they will handle our economic deleveraging better than a total collapse under obama, but let’s not pretend that such deleveraging is avoidable at this point in our fiat-currency project.

abobo on August 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Ryan is okay, but that other guy from Wisconsin would have been an over the fence, out of the park home run.

Alabama Infidel on August 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I got leg tingles.

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

haha, good one.

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Bring. It. On.

Rational Thought on August 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

The Left will run from that like a forest fire. Facebook is full of people trying to change the subject to abortion.

Count to 10 on August 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Get me some bumperstickers. I’m ready to rock. I wish we could vote right now and skip all the stupid BS we have to wade through until November. There are serious problems to deal with. This election crap is un-serious and I’m sick of it, but I’m still ready to fight for our side.

juliesa on August 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Crazy Cancer causing vulture capitalist sure chose strange, I’ll bet the Cheese Vendor with 6 pack abs will try to remind America that prior to war that Big Eared vendor and news friends spent 8 years demonizing and added 2 more wars to total they were wanting to get America back to work and have all boats rise with tide. If Cheese vendor with six pack abs were to say something like, “Dreams are your business not any politicians or their father’s and I promise to work with you to make sure we have government that gets out of comrades’ way” he and Cancer Investor will lose in landslide….

Every one knows back home in Russia that dreams are a dangerous thing and it is a horrible burden for magnificent ruler like Usher with Cartoon Ears in DC to buy their dreams with YOUR money…..

Big Burden comrades, hey drop by Sub Factory downtown I have special sale on solar panel factory buy 10 get none ever….

is great place DC….

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM

The “adult conversation with America” angle of this is absolutely devastating for barack. Chicago political thugs like him NEVER have adult conversations. Adult conversations TERRIFY them. They lie. They cheat. They steal. They threaten. They demagogue. But they never, ever make their case. Liberals have not made a case for liberalism in my lifetime. And as a result, th can’t. They cannot debate. hey cannot lay out relaistic plans. All they do is scream “racist” or some other such slander. Now they’ll be forced to. Oh, sure, they’ll still lie, cheat, steal, threaten, demagogue, and scream “racist,” but this Romney-Ryan ticket will have voters asking barack “WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX THESE THINGS??!! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO??!!

That is a terrible place for a far-left liberal like barack to be in. Those are questions he has never been asked to answer.

Rational Thought on August 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

“Could free enterprise get it’s groove back?” Yeah the man who voted for NCLB, Medicare Part D, THE BANK BAILOUTS and the war on drugs will TOTALLY bring back free enterprise. What are you people smoking where bailing out failed banks and expanding government control of healthcare is considered free enterprise?

I wonder what Paul Ryan’s opinion of the Fed is because anyone with a few brain cells would know that a central bank is not indicative of a free market. Capitalism is dead. The one party system of Republicrats killed it long ago.

neightkelly on August 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Could free enterprise get its groove back?
Is the Federal Government willing to “LET GO ?”

listens2glenn on August 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

“Let’s do this.”

Awesome Erika!

Lets do this thing!

Come together to kick the commies asses out of power.

If Romney is not conservative enough,,,,,,tough!

He’s light years more conservative than the Lyin kING Hussein who with two more supreme court appointments would fundamentally transform America into a govt controlled commie state where free enterprise is dead!

Don’t let Nov 06, 2012 be the day free enterprise and all its advantages died!

ConcealedKerry on August 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Alabama Infidel on August 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Prince Fielder? :)

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

heh, look for the “Ryan is a mass murdering, racist, child molester ads in 24 hours.

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

My wife nicknamed him “Superman” a few years ago. I guess he does kind of have that Clark Kent, boyscout, look to him.

CableDude on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM

You are not supposed to smoke crack while posting.

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I’ll ask this question again …

So many of the GOP establishment have said that Sarah Palin was a poor choice for VP because she wasn’t ready to assume the duties of the POTUS on day one in office.

I find it surprising that now the GOP establishment have picked Paul Ryan – a guy who has ZERO executive experience.

Sarah Palin – Governor of Alaska, former Mayor, former Energy Commissioner … but not qualified?

Paul Ryan – former personal trainer … former waiter … qualified?

Where’s Dick Cheney on this?

Additionally – wouldn’t Ryan fit very well on Obama’s economic staff as a guy who only has “book learning” and no experience in private enterprise?

I hope Ryan is prepared for a lot of foreign policy questions during this campaign!

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Alabama Infidel on August 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I confess to having a secret fantasy along those lines. In real life, was for Jindal, but, this’ll work just fine. I’m actually a bit excited.

a capella on August 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Strangely enough the liberal media this morning is setting a different tone compared to four years ago. It has an air of respect and has been policy-driven conversation. Obama’s soldiers are taking, at least for now, an adult viewpoint on this election. Team Obama has never been in this arena. It will be interesting to see if they can elevate themselves out of the gutter in the next few months.

salem on August 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Sure – like, is he in favor of dividing Iraq into 3 separate countries? Questions like that?

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Taps foot…looks over at Cartoon Big eared Usher in DC……

looks at Paul Ryan Cheese Vendor with six pack abs….

compares their answers on serious issue of Medicare….

“you asked question comrades?”

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I’m geeked! I think Mitt made the right choice. Ryan is one of the smartest men in Washington. Let’s do it!!

rightmom2 on August 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Makes Joe Biden look like a circus clown.

Oh, wait…..

nico on August 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

If you guys ONLY want someone who’s “better” than Joe Biden – why not hire any cab driver off the streets of New York then?

Basically – your argument is … “He’s better than Biden”

And I’m saying … “So what? Who isn’t? Is this all the game you have?”

Mittens isn’t known for his foreign policy smarts – and now he’s picked an inexperienced VP with ZERO.

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Paul Ryan is the peanut butter to my jelly

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Their first shot is “Ryan voted to outlaw birth control”. Anybody know anything about this “Fetal Personhood” bill that they are pointing to?

Count to 10 on August 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Ryan causes cancer./

KCB on August 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Posted on another thread but works here as well,

Media: Just tell us where you are Rambo Ryan and we’ll come get you.

RamboRyan: I’m coming to get you!

faol on August 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM

This mirrors exactly how I’ve been feeling… but I’ll tell you what, I am fully stoked and extremely pleased and relieved that Romney didn’t pick a squish. Paul Ryan is brilliant, optimistic, and pretty much the bane (NPI) of Obama’s intellectual-lightweight existence. Game on!

CantCureStupid on August 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

That would be a mistake – he’s a likeable guy. They should paint him as an extremely inexperienced guy with zero private enterprise experience. A guy who knows little to nothing about the rest of the world.

These are all true about Ryan.

Nice guy – but the office is too big for his feet.

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

You are not supposed to smoke crack while posting.

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Is that a rule? I thought it was more of a guideline.

KCB on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Like Ronald Reagan, Mitt is known (from Bain days) to hire experts who are more capable than he in areas where he knows he is not as strong.

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

And I’m saying … “So what? Who isn’t? Is this all the game you have?”

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

No Honda not it at all….

he is better than barack and we are NOT going to allow the media to give Barry a pass.

Mitt says this man is a smart person on the economy and I will have him work with our team at State to learn foreign policy ropes in case I die, but Barack Obama’s foreign policy experience and he leads the ticket was when hired, “uh Hi I lived overseas some and went to Pakistan on a passport during a period it was restricted and no you cannot see my passport’s history”…..

Paul Ryan is an understudy, Barack Obama is a jugeared dork who got through in life with more passes than a naked waitress at a truck stop.

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

And I cannot WAIT to watch Ryan smoke Plugs in the veep debate….

CantCureStupid on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Easy softball of a question!
Answer:
“In his many years as a Washington DC insider Joe Bite Me has to yet get WON foreign policy decision or question correct. In debating the last veep he just made stuff up, off the cuff that was totally wrong, so whatever Joe Bite Me is for in foreign policy I am against!”

ConcealedKerry on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Yeah, like the president.

nico on August 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Math . That is what is needed.

Math is the garlic to these blood suckers.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I would be disappointed if he doesn’t hire John Bolton.

Count to 10 on August 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Absolutely.

When people fret that the American people won’t understand I have to disagree – strongly. They’re ready for this discussion, and most of us feel it’s long past due.

We are living the consequences of bad policy every day. We have for years. When we see government waste we find it revolting and wonder why we must continue to feed such follies with our hard-earned money.

A couple of years ago after listening to Ryan I sent him a rather lengthy email which I’m sure was never read urging him to introduce himself the America with a series of videos, i.e. begin the process of educating people. This is what is required.

Many people know what is wrong, yet many can’t quite put it all together. IMHO, Ryan is someone who can accomplish this daunting task.

Americans are ready for the message.

BTW, Erika, I love your posts!

Cody1991 on August 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM

honda prefers biden over ryan

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM

All the answers he needs:

“Bomb Iran’s nuclear ambitions to rubble, no we won’t bail out Europe for the 4th time, Iraq and Afghanistan occupations needed to end years ago b/c the US won’t man up to fight a real war.”

MelonCollie on August 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

CantCureStupid on August 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I’m glad that he didn’t pick a “politically correct ethnicity” to pander to whatever group wants to be pandered to. Pick the right person and I don’t care what race, creed or color they are (e.g. Allen West). However, if he was pandering to the Irish, he hit a home run. :-)

TxAnn56 on August 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I would be disappointed if he doesn’t hire John Bolton.

Count to 10 on August 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Now your just teasing!

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Is that a rule? I thought it was more of a guideline.

KCB on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

All H knows is funny swarthy man with Hitler moustache who works for Cartoon usher in DC Disney told his hired help at cyber cafe, “You are paid TO YELL WHAT I WRITE NOT THINK! Now get to work or no hamburger from McDonald’s for YOU!”

I do not understand why Swarthy man with Hitler moustache named for device for holding two tires on car keeps giving me funny papers with names of my favotire DC customers on them already marked in and says. “Hey you slav idiot mark a fake name on these and drop them in the mailbox….it may help to go to graveyards but don’t go too far back on dates”…….

Axelrod does not seem to be happy he still lacks ACORNS, I wonder why he has squirrel that is so hungry?

Dos Va Donya

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM

*serious man crushing*

<3 Paul Ryan <3

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Well, Huntsman is supposedly loaded with foreign policy experience. It was his strong point. It didn’t carry him too far. I don’t think that’s what this election is going to be all about. Important? Yes. A decision driver? Deal breaker? No.

a capella on August 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

We need some r and r.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I also liked Jindal. I wanted someone who could articulate conservative principles and how those principles make America strong. That was Newts strength. If we dont get back to the founders principles and free enterprise we wont survive. I also think the Romney/Ryan team do look like adults sticking to the issues contrasted with the bullying narcissistic immature Obama team. I think Ryan gets under Obamas skin. Lets go ahead and have the debate.

ldbgcoleman on August 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I would be disappointed if he doesn’t hire John Bolton.

Count to 10 on August 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Agreed. And Sarah Palin for the Dept. of Energy after it has been scaled down (while closing the EPA entirely).

Larry Kudlow to replace Ben Benrnanke.

And to make the new administration bi-partisan, that Green guy from South Carolina for some minor Cabinet post. :)

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

consult a doctor if your Paul Ryan b0ner lasts for longer than four hours

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

whats this stuff about ryan not being ready?? he has more experience than obama before he was elected president!

Jack_Burton on August 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I would be disappointed if he doesn’t hire John Bolton.

Count to 10 on August 11, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Man, I hope so. That would be awesome. And his first task would be to cut that State Department monster in half and then clean out all the hate-America liberals in the remaining half.

Alabama Infidel on August 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Your posts are like reading a Bible backwards upside down through a periscope.

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

consult a doctor if your Paul Ryan b0ner lasts for longer than four hours

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

My words precisely when I spoke to Barack!

Sincerely yours,

LARRY SINCLAIR

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

consult a doctor if your Paul Ryan b0ner lasts for longer than four hours

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

That is sooooo wrong.

Funny.

But wrong.

JohnGalt23 on August 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Ps ryan could debate biden and obama at the same time with both hands tied behind his back. I dont see katie Couric or Charlie Gibson tripping him up either. Palins inexperience was not being prepared for the national stage or the level of vitrol that went her way.

ldbgcoleman on August 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Jack_Burton on August 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Shhh you’ll ruin the MSM’s meme.

They’re hilarious and you know they will replay the Romney gaffe too like Obama never did the same. Oh well . Thank goodness for the internets and Faux News.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

consult a doctor if your Paul Ryan b0ner lasts for longer than four hours

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM

hehe, but that crease. Man, look at that crease.

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Just got done watching the Ryan speech.

It would appear that it is, in fact, Game On!!

Cry Havoc, and unleash Paul Ryan.

JohnGalt23 on August 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Imagine a President and Vice President that actually WORK!
faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

All I can imagine is Socialism that actually works. I’m sure it can – and will – be argued that this is a lot better than what we have now.

But, in the process, millions more people will completely forget the fact that there is alternative form of government altogether.

logis on August 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Liberal foaming at the mouth has already commenced among my lefty friends via Facebook.

Paul Ryan = feudalism, apparently. I LoL’d.

Also, it is downright eerie how they all (completely unrelated people in different geographic locations) come up with the same thing at 9am on Saturday. Is it some sort of email list or just the hive mind in action?

bitsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Larry Kudlow to replace Ben Benrnanke.

honsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Or Rick Santelli.

Alabama Infidel on August 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Good, now that we have the bad cop in place, can we please get after 0!

Bmore on August 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM

RR=Ronald Reagan?

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Finally! A VPILf. Just kidding. Kinda.

Nikkia2112 on August 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Your posts are like reading a Bible backwards upside down through a periscope.

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Da is why I work at Sub shop downtown.

Be sure not to ponder any of it or work through, could not be at all that I am a bit disjointed to disrupt memes or anything.

I know! Cartoon usher taught me neat rhetorical trick the other day. Let me get TV set with words on it so I speak more clearly.

“Hello and welcome to my Sub Shop here in scenic downtown….er uh DC what would you like?”

I do not really sound like what I read unless of course the tv gets unplugged by Bye-Dan the man who wears dead sable stapled to skull….

Bye-Dan was a silent joke Obama used to show how much his news friends loved his job as Usher comrades.

Dos Va Donya

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Just got done watching the Ryan speech.

JohnGalt23 on August 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

how ’bout them Tingles Chris Matthews? :D

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Imagine a President and Vice President that actually WORK!

faol on August 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Unlike BO who rarely meets with anyone before 11 AM, that is if he has a meeting with a cabinet member or a briefing, I think we will find that Romney will be starting his day at 7-8 AM, little fundraising, few parties (he’ll close down the nightclub in the WH East Wing), few state dinners, brief vacations, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if he forgoes his salary.

Cody1991 on August 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Or Rick Santelli.

Alabama Infidel on August 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

The man who started the seismic shift in Feb 2009.

TxAnn56 on August 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I got a fevah and the only cure is more Paul Ryan

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM

First DNC ad explaining the Romney/Ryan solution for medicare

El_Terrible on August 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

All Romney and Ryan have to do is say they took the recondmend action from Obama’s own Simpson Bowles committee that Obama created hahhaha game over

Conservative4ev on August 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM

logis on August 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Brilliant comrade!

Once upon a time back in mother Russia I had problem, a badger crawled into the vodka bin and mom and dad were yelling for perfect solution.

H acted at once, since I would have had to go get broomstick from house to fix problem and did not want to waste time or have it handy I packed the vodka bin with 200 gallons of diesel and blew the whole estate to bits.

Mom and Dad were pretty angry but pleased that at least I had acted and that having charcoal meant that we could have beef borscht soon.

You know after we rebuild house, get jobs for capital, get the KGB to look at the shiny objects and cahse the squirrel, bought some calves, let the cows grow, paid the injurious taxes that ate out of our cash flow and OH find some damned cows on the black market that the benevolent workers’ paradise did not own or control.

It only took me 77 years to get a door for the house to finish it so we are on our way.

harlekwin15 on August 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

And I cannot WAIT to watch Ryan smoke Plugs in the veep debate….

CantCureStupid on August 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

You mean Hillary right Obama will be in panic mode. Ryan would decimate her too

Conservative4ev on August 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Romney just needs to let Ryan do all the talking on eceonomic issues. And Constitutional issues. And, well, just about all the issues. He can keep family values issues, he’s ok on those.

Now, Ryan just needs to convince his new boss to let the real conservatives be more involved at the convention, and the Party will begin.

Freelancer on August 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Conservative4ev on August 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Oooooooh. Nice shot!

a capella on August 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Agreed…I was of the same mind on Jindal, but Ryan is a great choice.

And you gotta love the carping by some about his supposed lack of experience. They’re bound and determined to be the turd in the punch bowl, even if it means taking up Leftist talking points to do it.

Time to focus on pink slipping Obama.

changer1701 on August 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Paul Ryan = feudalism, apparently. I LoL’d.

bitsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

You see liberals are from a different planet so they use their mind to communicate and use click and whistles

Conservative4ev on August 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I completely agree. I know we are all supposed to stay optimistic or we are a “true con” or an ‘obama voter’ but I thought the VP is supposed to make a more well-rounded ticket. For months we have been told that Romney’s strong suit is his economic experience. I know that this is the “economy’ election, but I think this pick is redundant especially since Obama is going to play up the OBL kill etc.

melle1228 on August 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Conservative4ev on August 11, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Oooooooh. Nice shot!

a capella on August 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Mar my words that Simpson Bowles thing Obama had is now a liability for him

Conservative4ev on August 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM

how ’bout them Tingles Chris Matthews? :D

Slade73 on August 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I watched it through the Weekly Standard’s site.

I have stopped watching cable news altogether ( the last I watched were the GOP debates). And I have to tell you, I feel more intelligent for it. There is something about the interactivity of the internet, as compared to the unidirectional flow of information provided by TV.

Chris Matthews is a pygmy dinosaur in a dying medium.

JohnGalt23 on August 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Rational Thought on August 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Rush? Is that you?

Key West Reader on August 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Paul Ryan = feudalism, apparently. I LoL’d.

bitsy on August 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

It’s hilarious. I love it. It’s as if they don’t think we realize they would be posting ______________ IS TEH HITLER!!!1! regardless of who the VP pick was.

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Obama is going to play up the OBL kill etc.

melle1228 on August 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM

You didn’t do that. Somebody else made that happen.

Alabama Infidel on August 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

HondaV65 on August 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Remind me again… what exactly does that have to do with the state of the US economy?

Let’s try to keep our eye on the ball, shall we?

JohnGalt23 on August 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I can’t believe the stupid eeyores around here this morning.

Paul Ryan is a BRILLIANT choice, as duly noted two years ago by a most irrelevant columnist.

If those two articles don’t allay your fears or doubts about Ryan, you’re too illiterate or too lazy and brainwashed to read or understand anything anyway.(IOW, Obama’s base)

Harbingeing on August 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

You mean Hillary right Obama will be in panic mode. Ryan would decimate her too

Conservative4ev on August 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I’d agree with the Hillary assessment if Barry wasn’t the most profoundly arrogant SOB on Earth… the guy is incapable of admitting a mistake! Either way though, Ryan will totally and systematically chum his debate opponent, and if will be beautiful to behold. :)

CantCureStupid on August 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM