Paul Ryan, yesterday and today

posted at 9:31 am on August 11, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Now that the question is settled as to the Veep selection, it’s a good time to see what we’re getting for our election dollar. (And don’t forget, America’s Comeback Team is still accepting donations for the battle to come.) A couple of items to digest this weekend follow. First, a few excerpts from Ryan’s comments during the announcement.

For the last 14 years, I have proudly represented Wisconsin in Congress. There, I have focused on solving the problems that confront our country, and turning ideas into action; and action into solutions.

I am committed, in mind and heart, to putting that experience to work in a Romney Administration. This is a crucial moment in the life of our nation; and it is absolutely vital that we select the right man to lead America back to prosperity and greatness.

That man is standing next to me. His name is Mitt Romney. And he will be the next president of the United States

Let me say a word about the man Mitt Romney will replace. No one disputes President Obama inherited a difficult situation. And, in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better.

In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair.

This is the worst economic recovery in 70 years.

Unemployment has been above 8 percent for more than three years, the longest run since the Great Depression. Families are hurting.

We have the largest deficits and the biggest federal government since WW II.

Nearly 1 out of 6 Americans are in poverty–the worst rate in a generation. Moms and dads are struggling to make ends meet.

Household incomes have dropped by more than $4,000 over the past four years.

Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure.

Next, let’s jump into the time machine and revisit a couple of Ryan’s greatest hits in video form. First up, a speech he gave to Heritage last year.

And next, his speech at CPAC from earlier this year.

Additional reading: Doug Mataconis weighs the pros and cons of Ryan.

I suppose the first question I have there is whether this is going to work with the American public. Poll after poll has been telling us for the better part of the year that the number one issue in November is going to be the economy and jobs. The latest round of economic statistics suggests that the importance of these issues in the minds of voters are going to be even more important in the minds of voters. If the Romney/Ryan ticket begins to shift the focus of its message from the economy to the fiscal situation in Washington, though, are voters going to see the connection between those long-term issues and the short-term issue of the state of the economy and where the jobs are going to come from?

Discuss at your leisure.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’ll put the answer to Doug’s question this way – if anybody can tie the two together, it is Ryan.

Steve Eggleston on August 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Romney Ryan!

cheetah2 on August 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM

The Fiscal situation and the economy are related, make the case and win the election.

rob verdi on August 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Bishop?

Moose Drool on August 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

He’s knocking it out of the park!!

Romney Ryan 2012!!!

God Bless America!!!

RealMc on August 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Setting the policy, the ideals, and the glitz aside…

Ryan is a good pick if only to watch him debate Biden, and to watch Frum’s head explode :P

Atlas on August 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Get the marxist world-view out of the White House. That is what is important.

rbj on August 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM

…or not. In any case, time to hammer Team O’Bumbles on the economy. Keep it in the foreground. Can’t wait for the first VP debates.

Moose Drool on August 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM

He was Miss Cupp’s choice.

Seth Halpern on August 11, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Ryan already took it to Obama in the past, face to face. You have to like that.

Paul-Cincy on August 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

With Romney and Ryan we are going to have the chance for an adult conversation about the economy and the budget…With Romney and Ryan…We go from a president who says it is Bush’s fault to two adults who take the position: The Buck stops here!

DVPTexFla on August 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Thank you for your donation and support. Your contribution will help Mitt Romney take his message of more jobs, less debt, and smaller government to voters across the country.

NeoKong on August 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Ryan is Newt 2.0. More focused, just as brilliant, more likable, and with the same ability to make mincemeat of the MSM, but in a way that’s more subtle.

ardenenoch on August 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I was going to vote for Johnson, but now I’ll vote for Ryan.

EddieC on August 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM

There were many excellent people to choose from. I just feel sorry for Ryan in advance because you know that he is a target for every hostile, intolerant and vicious tool from the left. The treatment he will recieve would qualify as torture at Gitmo. He will be strong enough to over come the attacks. Now the Conservatives need to take the offensive and hammer Team Obama on the economy, their lack of a record, the economy, and the ecomomy.

DAT60A3 on August 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Smell that everyone, that is the smell of FEAR coming from the entitlement society.
Smells like napalm in the morning.
Smells like deseration.

Smells like BACON, I like bacon.

This is Awesome, I actually feel Hopeful.
Nice

D-fusit on August 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

His actions don’t match his rhetoric.

He voted for TARP
He voted for the auto bailouts
He voted for Medicare Part D
He voted to rasie the debt ceiling and increase spending.

So many complaining about the problems, but when the rubber meets the road, so few willing to do the right thing.

We need more republicans and fewer Republicans.

Dante on August 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Ryan’s speech gives me hope, real hope. It was heartwarming and strong. I love the theme of America’s comeback.

jazzuscounty on August 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM

YES! This is the best news I’ve had, it’s give me a renewed hope that we can win this thing, and as we all know, we have GOT TO WIN THIS THING.

By the way, when I opened this page my virus software went off and caught a “malicious threat”

scalleywag on August 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Doug Mataconis

Actually, I think most of the voters are already making the connection. It’s been the voters who’ve forced D.C. to begin to look at the fiscal state of our Government as the number one threat to our jobs and freedom. The more D.C. spends, the more they have to take; the more they take the less we have; the less we have the less we can innovate, create, hire, and advance. I don’t think Romney and Ryan will have a hard time making the connection.

Weight of Glory on August 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I’m afraid….I love Ryan to death but I’m dubious about any sort of “adult” conversation happening. The two people on our ticket are the subjects of the two most vile Democratic attack ads in my memory. It’s a risky pick.

It’s going to be a war, I hope they’re ready.

LukeinNE on August 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM

OMG! I can’t wait for the VP debates! Ryan’s going to mop the floor with Biden!

I’m finally getting excited about Romney; he’s finally saying and doing the right things to get elected.

RoadRunner on August 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Now I believe Mitt is serious.

itsspideyman on August 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM

just want to let everyone know I’m not slacking off. I caught the intro&speech, pretty good. My daughter noticed that the romney logo looks like two superimposed “R”s as in Romney /Ryan. Not sure if they planned that look, but it’s kinda neat subtlety.

good stuff
go Ryan

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I think Ryan was a surprisingly strong and subtle choice, and one that shows courage and faith in the American people. I’m very pleased.

Immolate on August 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Dante,
Who should have been the vp choice?

rob verdi on August 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Oh thank God, they are doing a rope line. It looked like they weren’t.

rockmom on August 11, 2012 at 9:57 AM

The state of the economy and “the fiscal situation in Washington” are directly connected.

The “situation in Washington” has prolonged the economic downturn and is a major drag on the economy and on job creation in the private sector.

farsighted on August 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Watched one minute of that guy Rachel Maddow vomit into the camera just for laughs. There were no laughs, just pity.

Akzed on August 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Oh I am so SO thrilled with Ryans’ speech!

The adults ARE in the room now, I am not afraid to hear the TRUTH!

Most of us already KNOW the truth.

Let’s get behind them and blow Obama and the progs OUT OF THE WATER!!

OT: I too have been experiencing virus alerts on HA of late, and last night, the comments kept disappearing…

One step and one day at a time! WE CAN WIN THIS!!

God Bless America and everyone of us who want better than we have now!!

Scrumpy on August 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Also, I’d like to add that I’m actually kinda proud of Romney for this choice. It would’ve been easy to choose someone who wasn’t such a lightning rod on entitlement reform. But this choice shows me that Romney is serious about it. Also, with Walker as the Gov. and Ryan as the VP, WI could be in play as never before. There’s a lot more upside than downside to this pick. Good for Romney.

Weight of Glory on August 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Dante,
Who should have been the vp choice?

rob verdi on August 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

ROOOONNN PAUULLLL!!! Duh!

wargamer6 on August 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I think this is a good pick. Mitt likes paul, Paul likes mitt. They seem to have a great chemistry, Paul has a young, vibrant appeal, is in good shape (unlike Chris Christie) and can come out as a fighter. Ryan can shred both Obama and Biden, Mitt can of course as well.

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

My Thoughts

Aggie95 on August 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Ryan can throw a punch. He can stand up to the MSM and defend himself and not cave to their withering accusations and spin.

Ryan is a great pick.

NickDeringer on August 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Oh, and I really liked how Romney came back on stage and rectified his mistake in announcing Paul Ryan. Obama can’t even own up to his gaffes. He thinks his only mistakes are that he cares too much and that he hasn’t spoken enough. Thank you Lord for giving us adults as opposed to the middle school opposition (with apologies to middle schoolers.)

jazzuscounty on August 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM

This is the most boring bunch of people I’ve ever heard, and this event should have been the easy one. They’ve banned all charisma from the convention. At least we won’t be demonizing the demons. Good luck.

Buddahpundit on August 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

RoadRunner on August 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I want to see Ryan mop the floor with Obama also!

We have a good team here… I am re-energized, like the Engergizer Bunny!! I can keep going and going and going…

Let us not bicker and be despondent about the VP pick, today IS the first day of the rest of our lives…

Freedom and Liberty mean somthing!

If we don’t believe in this team, we will fall for anything, so, lets have our happy dance and lets focus on the prize!!!

Scrumpy on August 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Blimp??

No, no, no, no, no… BLIMP!?!?!?

JohnGalt23 on August 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Buddahpundit on August 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Lol. This election has turned into a yawnfest. Ryan was the final pill.

promachus on August 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Weight of Glory on August 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Yes on WI. T-Paw and Portman were the boring picks, Rubio or Ryan, exciting. Two pluses.

Paul-Cincy on August 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM

God bless America. I have hope for our country. I feel Romney and Ryan are sincere in their love of this country. These are some solid guys. p.s. let the debates begin. I can’t wait.

newportmike on August 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Lest we forget, Ryan lives rent free in Obama’s head. Obama should know better than to get into a battle of wits with Ryan, but his ego will push him into it and the disaster will be spectacular.

2nd Ammendment Mother on August 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Techs @ HA, there are problems here can ya fix them? I am not seeing comments again… sigh…

Scrumpy on August 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

It doesn’t really matter, because the Obama campaign doesn’t want to talk about ANY serious issues. The economy, the deficit, energy policy, they’ve even avoided talking about foreign policy an area of relative strength for Obama.

The Obama campaign has been avoiding every serious issue so far, because they know full well that they cannot have a serious conversation about one issue without also bringing up the economy, the 800lb gorilla in this election.

WolvenOne on August 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM

That is an excellent choice, Paul Ryan for VP. He has a great way of explaining complex issues in terms most people can understand easily and exudes an air of competence while doing so. He has an easy way of addressing his audience and not alienating them (unless you’re a talking point liberal who is offended at anything that’s not for Obama).

I was watching Fox News and couldn’t help but hearing that irritating “back up” safety signal from some truck that was in reverse. I can envision a campaign commercial where the camera focuses on Mitt Romney speaking and you hear that irritating noice in the background. The camera than pans over to a big truck with Obama in the drivers seat with a wide grin on his face sitting behind the steering wheel showing him putting the gear shift lever in reverse and the noise starting. Then the camera pans back to Mitt speaking and repeats the process and at the end place the caption stating “Obama will do anything to get elected”.

To all you Christian voters out there, remember Joshua 24:15 when you go to the polls.

iamsaved on August 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Dante on August 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM

You’re right, Dante, which is why it’s going to be up to us to keep the pressure on well past Nov. We have to reinforce Romney and Ryan with a senate and house that will challenge them and push them to do the right thing. This election isn’t about just pulling the lever and walking away. It is going to take over a generation to undo what progressives have done, but we can do it.

Weight of Glory on August 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM

The eeyores are right, what we really needed was a VP pick that would be “exciting” and motivate the base so we can win like we did last time. Wait.

lowandslow on August 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM

All of you naysayers, who would prefer to live in socialist Europe, just go right ahead and book your tickets, and take obama and his gang with you, please. Romney/Ryan are going to help us take back our country. A great pick by Romney.

MustLoveBlogs on August 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM

TrueCons complaining. Shocker.

wargamer6 on August 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Rasmussen this morning:

Currently, 43% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president’s job performance. That’s the lowest level of approval for the president since December 2, 2011.

Mark1971 on August 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM

The upsides to Ryan are his likability, his smooth persona, the ability to crunch numbers, and having a good feel for the budget process in the House.

That latter will be lost slowly as being in the Executive Branch will disconnect him from daily back and forth in the House. Mitigating this is if he decides to take on the President of the Senate role as a serious one and get involved on the SENATE budgetary side. While the role has become nominal over time, it was created to be a position of some power as it was a means to get the Executive Branch in a position to know the work of the States. If such things as scheduling votes can be utilized in that position, then a very powerful tool is in the hands of someone with some legislative skill. If you want to see budgets come to a vote in the Senate, then getting that role into the hands of someone who can see that budgeting is a primary responsibility of the Legislative Branch is key. It doesn’t matter who wins the Senate if you can get someone in to start getting things scheduled for votes there and clear out the partisan log-jam. Plus hold filibuster threats to the fire and make people actually have to filibuster, not just threaten it.

Ryan has great upsides and the major downside is losing him in the place where all spending bills start. Those are huge shoes to fill after he leaves there…it is harder to arm-twist from the Executive Branch on the details than it is from a Chairman’s position. For all the pluses, Paul Ryan better make sure that the probable next-in-line is skilled enough to run the Committee.

There are risks, downsides, upsides and great potential rewards if Paul Ryan actually scopes out the few powers he will have and decides to USE THEM and PUSH THEM. He just might be in the position to craft a budget to go through both Houses and get signed in the shortest time ever seen…if he treats this as a job, not a career move.

ajacksonian on August 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Romney/Ryan – Next to God, America’s Last Hope!

iamsaved on August 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Aggie95 on August 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

That was a good read. I enjoyed your two allusions of America’s burning by the Obama nightmare.

Second try, hope this one makes it this time.

jazzuscounty on August 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM

And for the first time since the primaries, I just donated some of my hard earned $$$ to support our party.

Don’t let me down, boys.

BacaDog on August 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Imagine keeping the house and getting the senate. Wow. The possibilities are endless.

newportmike on August 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I can’t wait to learn how Paul Ryan pulled little Peggy’s pigtails in the 3rd grade or how he put a whoopee cushion under Mrs. Henderson’s chair during a 6th grade recital.

Thanks, MSM, for telling me everything about everybody and nothing about our current president!

Punchenko on August 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Scrumpy
The more I read your posts, the more I like you!!!!!!!!!!!:-D

angrymike on August 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I’m looking forward to the campaign commercial featuring Ryan pushing Obama in a wheelchair and off a cliff

Republican Yogi on August 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Sad to lose Ryan from my district, but am happy to share with the rest of the country. He’s a wonderful, open, and HONEST man. So proud to be from WI today.

Sasha List on August 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

You’ve got yourself a weak, boring candidate and now he’s running with a frat boy ideologue whose entire adult life has been spent in Washington. How very bold!

Paul Ryan’s economic theories are pure magical thinking.

He has no experience running anything.

He’s a classic “true believer” in a nation that wants a pragmatist.

It’s over, folks. Time to return to your conservative chalkboard. You just got four more years of Barry. Enjoy …

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

With Romney and Ryan we are going to have the chance for an adult conversation about the economy and the budget…With Romney and Ryan…We go from a president who says it is Bush’s fault to two adults who take the position: Th Buck stops here!

DVPTexFla on August 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I am afraid the ADULT conversation will be one sided. Obama’s budgets haven’t received one vote in his time in office. It’s all going to be about tearing down Romney/Ryan-which is really sad. They better be prepared-I am tired of our side getting kicked around.

Static21 on August 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Republican Yogi on August 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Ooh, I like that image very much! May we help do the pushing?

MustLoveBlogs on August 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

B… but Ryan is going to push old ladies DOWN THE STAIRS!!!

/lib

In all seriousness, I love this pick. He’s a great attack dog (has been doing that anyway for the better part of the last few years), and he’s going to make Biden look like a blubbering drunk in the debate (not that that’s hard, but it’ll be sweet regardless).

crazy_legs on August 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Paul Ryan’s economic theories are pure magical thinking.

He has no experience running anything.

He’s a classic “true believer” in a nation that wants a pragmatist.

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

ABRs still bitter. Shocker.

wargamer6 on August 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Mika wont be happy but joe will

Heh

cmsinaz on August 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Foxnews.com seems to be delighting in pointing out that Ryan’s hobby is catching catfish with his bare hands with his fist down their throats – this season’s aerial wolf hunting? CNN.com’s bio was much more relevant.

tikvah on August 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Listening to Ryan speech excerpts from this am on FOX and wow is it refreshing to hear truth, optimism, authenticity, talk of prosperity–as opposed to the swamp gas that emanates from the mouths of the two “things” that comprise the Dooms ticket to poverty and ruin.

stukinIL4now on August 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM

And here I was thinking Romney would go with Joe Scarborough…

steebo77 on August 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

rob verdi on August 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

You could say that’s the correlation most trendy on the right. It’s largely inaccurate. The fiscal deficit is more driven by the accounts deficit and ongoing loss of American wealth that’s driven by the rise of globalization.

Yes it’s amazing that policy frameworks are built around the false assumption that less government spending will somehow shift broader, global trends. It’s not nearly so simple.

bayam on August 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

bidfidis
Bwaaahaahaaaaa, son your Messiah is toast……………..

angrymike on August 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM

If R&R can stay out of the gutter, that contrast w/ Obama et al alone will be stark.

Paul-Cincy on August 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Romney/Ryan – Next to God, America’s Last Hope!

iamsaved on August 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Please visit all swing states, repeating that line, genius. Make bumper stickers for it. Form a “Next To God” PAC. That’s exactly the message everyone really wants to hear just about now.

HotAirheads. Looooooooooooosing.

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Too bad your Democrat friends can’t figure out a way to pass a budget in over 3 years. In fact, you and your ilk find it difficult to find even one fact when the need arises.

You probably should head back to your “Obama truth squad” headquarters and give Obama your report.

“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left,” (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

iamsaved on August 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hope and change.

Indeed.

KMC1 on August 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Jazz Shaw scores huge on weekend content!!!

Cindy Munford on August 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I truly want to thank you HotAirheads for your unmitigated dedication to extremist politics and gleefully reductive perspectives on history and contemporary society. Over the last year, I’ve watched you elect a center-right career politician in a bumbling process that destroyed any kind of respect the electorate had for said politician.

If HotAirheads are thrilled about Paul Ryan, it’s a lock: four more years of Barry. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

HotAirheads. Looooooooooooosing.

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

LOL No, losing will be what happens to Joe Biden during the Vice-Presidential debate. I. Can’t. Wait.

cynccook on August 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Paul Ryan destroys Geithner.

JellyToast on August 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM

His actions don’t match his rhetoric.

He voted for TARP
He voted for the auto bailouts
He voted for Medicare Part D
He voted to rasie the debt ceiling and increase spending.

We need more republicans and fewer Republicans.

Dante on August 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Absolutely, and with Romney and his record in Massachusetts, what can we expect from these guys and their comrades in congress? More of what we got with Bush, I’m afraid.

rickv404 on August 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Aww is the little Obamatard upset?

wargamer6 on August 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Don’t feel bad; Obama had a good run, but it’s time for the grownups to take over again.

cynccook on August 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

The folks in the White House ought to start packin’ their shizzat….

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I was going to vote for Johnson, but now I’ll vote for Ryan.

EddieC on August 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Good to hear.

magicbeans on August 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Dante,
Who should have been the vp choice?

rob verdi on August 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Biden
Dante on August 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM

right2bright on August 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Campaign ad should show old Biden and Barry tossing the Founding Fathers off a cliff. Declaration of Dependance 2012.

clnurnberg on August 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Nice try pal, you were going to pull the lever for Obama no matter who we selected…

right2bright on August 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM

R-squared 2012!

hillsoftx on August 11, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Aww is the little Obamatard upset?

wargamer6 on August 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Actually, I’m relieved. I was worried that Romney might pick a moderate Republican whom swing state voters would like, but of course, you HotAirheads have helped run all the moderates out of Washington as you pursue a delusion. So, no, I’m not upset. I am happy.

cynccook on August 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I don’t feel even remotely bad. Again, I’m truly relieved. You’ve lost the election.

The folks in the White House ought to start packin’ their shizzat….

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM

There will undoubtedly be some administration retirements announced immediately after Barry is re-elected. So yes, those people may want to start thinking moving logistics.

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Winning! This shows the seriousness of the Romney campaign versus the rhetoric and smears of Obama. I bet Barry and Joe are shaking in their boots this morning…and for good reason. Romney-Ryan 2012!

HoosierStateofMind on August 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

First Dem attack add:

A Rolls Royce pulls up to a fancy hotel, driving right into the camera lens so that only the R/R on the radiator ornament is visible.

The R/R becomes a computer animation, separating so that the names Romney and Ryan appear.

Voice Over: “If you want to vote for the two rich guys, you know who to pick

Dissolve to cheerful Obama O poster image.

But if you want to help out the rest of America, vote Obama Biden 2012

Gird your loins.

profitsbeard on August 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

James Carville is complaining that Paul Ryan didn’t wear a tie. I take that to mean they have nothing on this pick.

darkegop on August 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

And all you Paul-bots, hey, you got yourself a Paul!

hillsoftx on August 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Good on Mr. Paul Ryan!! I’m all in….

frizzbee on August 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Yep. This is huge.

I’m all in. I’m struggling bigtime, but I will send cash.

wolly4321 on August 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

HoosierStateofMind on August 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Delusion!

Enjoy it.

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

bifidis on August 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

We need to start bookmarking the comments of clowns like this ↑↑↑ to repost on 11/7. It will make King Barry’s defeat that much sweeter.

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yep. This is huge.

I’m all in. I’m struggling bigtime, but I will send cash.

wolly4321 on August 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

A huge final step in sealing Obama’s victory.

“Yep.”