Paul Ryan and the 2nd Amendment

posted at 3:30 pm on August 11, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Normally, when you see Paul Ryan’s name crop up in terms of policy debate, it tends to be in the area of the economy. (Not terribly surprising, being the head of the budget committee and a widely recognized fiscal policy wonk.) But the man has been on the scene for quite a while and certainly has opinions on other issues of concern to voters. So where does Mitt Romney’s new running mate stand on the issues of gun owners rights, hunting and the associated freedoms that Americans enjoy? Well, for one thing, he’s got an A rating from the NRA.

Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers.
Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse.
Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.
National cross-state standard for concealed carry.

How does he feel about hunting in general? Mitt has been the recipient of some ribbing over his “hunting varmints” comments. Even though this particular shot was from bow hunting season, it’s clear that Ryan prefers larger game.

Paul Ryan Hunting 2

The Virginia Shooting Sports Association was quick to weigh in.

Mitt Romney has chosen Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate. Ryan brings a strong budgetary background to the ticket but also brings a strong record of support for the Second Amendment. Sportsmen and hunters will also relate to Ryan’s love of hunting and fishing, something that is very popular in his native Wisconsin. Ryan regularly posts photos from his hunting trips on his Facebook page. Now is the time to go “All In” and work hard to Defend Freedom and Defeat Obama.

There’s really not much in the way of “nuance” here. Ryan is, by all accounts, a physical fitness enthusiast, an avid hunter and an uncompromising champion of the second amendment rights of citizens. No squeamishness, no compromise, no blurred lines. If that’s something of interest to you in the candidates on a presidential ticket, file it away for further use.

Our next task will be to ask Mr. Ryan… where do you find all these huge deer???

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Those are some big deer. Wouldn’t want to clean them – yuck.

gophergirl on August 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

It’s not his views on hunting that I would be concerned with.

Dunedainn on August 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

But the MSM is telling me that Team Barry is most afraid of a Romney/Pawlenty ticket and that this Ryan chap is the best thing to happen to them.

Punchenko on August 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Even though The constitution has NOTHING To do with hunting, it’s good he supports basic firearms rights.

TX-96 on August 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Just told my 19 year old, Romney picked someone who has 3 things in common with you, he loves skiing, he is a bow hunter and he is Catholic. Cool he said.

txmomof6 on August 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Ashley Judd will NOT be pleased! lol

ThePrez on August 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Can I Get Me A Hunting License Here?

bayview on August 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM

LSM: More proof Ryan is a killer!

natasha333 on August 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Can I Get Me A Hunting License Here?

bayview on August 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM

No John, but you can pay for those yacht taxes you owe the next office over!

hawkdriver on August 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM

great pic. I’m stoked for Paul Ryan. He’s from southern WI and I’m from eastern IA. I can relate to him.

fired up

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Those are healthy corn-fed deer, whose farts smell like ethanol rocket fuel.

RBMN on August 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM

In the big picture I can’t see anyone better.

tim c on August 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Conservative: What a nice rack.

Liberal: MUUUUUURDERER!

hawkdriver on August 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Do dems pose similarly with all of the babies they hunt???

jus askin

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM

that’s a nice rack on that one.

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM

i think that picture is from 2001 from the timestamp.

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Nice, but the Second Amendment isn’t about hunting. It never was. It’s about the last line of defense against a tyrannical government, you know that type of government we are headed towards right now at full throttle.

bgibbs1000 on August 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I can see it now – DNCs “He killed BAMBI ad” right next to the story about Romney’s dog Seamus

LarryinLA on August 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

He’s an Indian?..

the_nile on August 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

bgibbs is right. 2nd Amendment is not about hunting at all. Hunting is merely a side activity to be done w/ firearms (when you’re not protecting yourself from the government).

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’m glad he’s strong on the 2nd Amendment…and I know the deer need to be hunted so they don’t starve to death, but this city girl still gets the sads when she sees a dead deer!

ellifint on August 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

bgibbs1000 on August 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Blah, blah, blah.

Wow thanks .

What a joke.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Maybe Palin and Ryan could go hunting for RINOS..:)

idesign on August 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

, but this city girl still gets the sads when she sees a dead deer!

ellifint on August 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

deer that are hunted aren’t seen, except in pictures. The dead ones you see either starve/die of thirst where they are, or are more generally hit by cars.

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

You guys say that like there are not many on the left that do conflate hunting and self-defense. Just silliness.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

no, CW, I do believe there are a lot of them that do just that.

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

He’s pretty good with the numbers thing, too. Even schooled Obama here.

bloggless on August 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Maybe Palin and Ryan could go hunting for RINOS..:)

idesign on August 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

But then he would be uh….hunting himself.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Even schooled Obama here.

bloggless on August 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

You could see the Oh Sh*t in Obama’s eyes.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Awesome. Blowsoft Romney, varmint hunter, is not going to cut it with gaining the confidence and vote of a huge segment of Dem leaning independents that care deeply about gun rights, traditional marriage, and illegal immigration. Let Ryan let his freak flag fly!!!
Problem is these Dem leaners have hybrid ideologies (for example, perhaps being pro-choice & anti-neocon, but pro-gun etc), and simple “technical” agreement with Romney’s nominally stated positions on guns & gays is not going to garner the vote of these Dem leaning independents, as they won’t trust a potentially “evolving” Mitt, and they lean Democratic so they will find other reasons to vote Democratic. Mitt, and now Ryan, has to stand firm and somewhat loudly on guns and gays. Then these Dem leaners will break for the Repubs. Don’t bore these independents to death by talking just about the economy.

anotherJoe on August 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Well just when will bho/biden be out ‘getten me a hunten license’? Can you get your head around those two with a gun doing anything?

The staged photo, bho with his famous, two legs three yards apart, running after some poor little sparrow with his gun? Wow, what a man?
L

letget on August 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Our next task will be to ask Mr. Ryan… where do you find all these huge deer???

In my vicinity they are as common as rats in the New York and Chicago slums.

Were I one who liked killing the poor things, I could do ten of them per day just opening a window and pulling a trigger, ….. or not stepping on my brakes when one or a dozen cross the road in front of my truck.

LegendHasIt on August 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Paul Ryan slaughters animals… and seniors… and puppies.

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I’m guessing this is going to cost Romney the PETA vote.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Romney injected granny with cancer before Paul Ryan pushed her over the cliff.

John the Libertarian on August 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I know the 2nd’s not about hunting.
But we’ve got the Feds right now telling us we cannot hunt critters to eat in some places.
There are reasons to do that, but not to the extent that they have.
I bet there are a lot of anti-hunters here at HA.
And I bet many of them eat meat.
Hunting is part of nature & life. It always will be.
A person who hunts understands the circle of life & death.
So do people who raise livestock.
Understanding that death is necessary for life makes a person much wiser.

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Great. So he not only killed your grandma he killed fricken Bambi.

And, why hasn’t he audited the Fed?

/ Dante

CorporatePiggy on August 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

You could see the Oh Sh*t in Obama’s eyes.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Obama is now a deer in the headlights — and Ryan hunts deer.

John the Libertarian on August 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

The Democratic campaign against Romney/Ryan will be heavily racist. “Stop the white men!” The Obama surrogates will sneer that white males have no business leading or representing America.

Django on August 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

BTW-that deer is not huge. It’s actually avg to small from the white tail and muleys I’ve seen on my property here in SW ND.
And I’ve got 2 muleys on my wall that would put his deer to shame.

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Look at these guns ladies (may lead to fainting)

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Obama is now a deer in the headlights — and Ryan hunts deer.

John the Libertarian on August 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

There you guys go again. I blame you for Giffords.

/s

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Can I Get Me A Hunting License Here?

bayview on August 11, 2012 at 3:36 PM

The actual quote was Can I git me a huntin’ license here?

Because, of course, that is how Boston bluebloods thinks everybody west of NYC speaks.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

He appears to have been bow hunting in this 2nd Amendment photo.

claudius on August 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I’ve got 2 muleys on my wall that would put his deer to shame.

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Congrats.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

We need a VP who has killed something on purpose, I always say.

Akzed on August 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I wonder — has Ryan ever been a hardcore pot smoker or cocaine user?

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Ellifint,

Unlike you city girls, we who live out in the country don’t feel sad at all when we see a dead deer. They are pests. They destroy your property, do tremendous damage to your cars and will eat all your shrubs, flowers and veggies. When hunted they can keep a family or food kitchen well stocked. I’m quiet happy when a hunter brings one home.

AOTC

Agent of the Cross on August 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

We need a VP who has killed something on purpose, I always say.

Akzed on August 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

RR – stone cold killers

faraway on August 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I’m waiting now for the Dem ad that Ryan hunts helpless animals the way Zimmerman hunted Trayvon Martin.

Liam on August 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We need a VP who has killed something on purpose, I always say.

Akzed on August 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Biden has killed an entire crowd before.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I love you, man.

Rational Thought on August 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Outrageously excellent.

rrpjr on August 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

The picture will make Gail Collins manic.

bayview on August 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

, but this city girl still gets the sads when she sees a dead deer!

ellifint on August 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

ted c on August 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

~~~~

Oh, I did mean deer that have been hunted, either in person or pictures like this…saw several while at a rest stop in the back of a truck in NC a couple of years ago, I walked by and did a double-take and jumped and gasped…very amusing to the guys in the truck who got a big laugh out of it! One time at the orthodontist, a man showed up to show our doctor (avid hunter and fisherman) his mounted, must have been an elk, head…I had to run out to see it, too, it was the most massive thing I’ve ever seen! I hate seeing them dead on the road…much more humane to shoot them than to allow them to starve or thirst to death, for sure.

ellifint on August 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I wonder — has Ryan ever been a hardcore pot smoker or cocaine user?

CW on August 11, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Maybe we should consult one of the two “autobiographies” he wrote before even making it to Congress.

Oh wait a minute, that’s one of those other guys. Of course, Ryan never got caught plagerizing his speeches either.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Biden’s a hoot.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

The Ryan pick tells me that Romney intends to get our fiscal house in order…I don’t think Ryan would have agreed to run with him if he didn’t get that assurance…now both he and Romney have had their RINO squish actions so I’m cautiously optimistic…

CCRWM on August 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM

AOTC, I would never argue, I am sure you are absolutely correct…I’ve lived in places where I’ve seen first hand the damage, and i know they are a menace to drivers. Where I live, the back road to the beach has plenty of deer, and i worry when my daughter drives that road…I just still see Bambi, so it makes me sad, what can I say?!

ellifint on August 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I’m guessing this is going to cost Romney the PETA vote.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

…and I guess he can write off San Francisco. And you all know how critical THAT is to Republicans .
/sarc

kurtzz3 on August 11, 2012 at 4:08 PM

He appears to have been bow hunting in this 2nd Amendment photo.

claudius on August 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Show me another candidate this side of Teddy Roosevelt who is pictured with a dead animal and then you might have a point about the content of the photo! When Kerry went on that sham huntin’ trip in Ohio, others carried out what he supposedly shot.

BTW, I fully expect on Monday a hit piece in the WaPo that Ryan didn’t actually kill that deer. It’s actual a couple of dwarf illegals the Koch brothers hired to dress up in a deer suit when the vast right-wing conspiracy made the decision that Ryan was going to be their guy.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM

txmomof6 on August 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Heh, that is so quintessentially a mom thing to say.

libfreeordie on August 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

MSNBC frantically looking for footage of mass-killings with bow-and-arrows…

bofh on August 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

It was coming right at me!

BDavis on August 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

He appears to have been bow hunting in this 2nd Amendment photo.

claudius on August 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Wow you’re smart.

Even though this particular shot was from bow hunting season, it’s clear that Ryan prefers larger game.-Jazz Shaw from the post.

CW on August 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Django on August 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

And the really awkward thing is that Biden will be on the stage while they are doing it.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I just watched the entire speech again! I can’t get enough R&R! Love those guys!

thatsafactjack on August 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

MSNBC frantically looking for footage of mass-killings with bow-and-arrows…

bofh on August 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

They’ll use drawings of Custer’s last stand with the notation that those are “artist’s renditions.”

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

He appears to have been bow hunting in this 2nd Amendment photo.

claudius on August 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Gosh, you should work for CSI or something…

You know another thing, I’ll betcha the deer isn’t even alive, he’s actually holding up the head!

Fraud!

Tomblvd on August 11, 2012 at 4:23 PM

libfreeordie on August 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Um, your point ??

pambi on August 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Axelrod on Sunday show:

“Romney has just lost …..the Bambi vote.”

KirknBurker on August 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Heh, that is so quintessentially a mom thing to say.

libfreeordie on August 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Yah, it’s so alien to you test tube born chaps with two fathers, huh.

KirknBurker on August 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Punchenko on August 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM

hehe, this shtick has worn out :-), not even their dumb electorate believes that sort of stupid spin…

jimver on August 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Great. So he not only killed your grandma he killed fricken Bambi.

And, why hasn’t he audited the Fed?

/ Dante

CorporatePiggy on August 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

and stop that aid to the Jooos already!!!! :-)

jimver on August 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I could write several pages, but I’ll leave it at this:

I was a skeptic about Ryan and felt that he might be someone who would get mired into the details of fiscal policy.

Instead, I’ve seen a Paul Ryan who is dynamic, articulate, exciting, enthusiastic, and able to articulate complex issues in an emotional context.

I saw them both unafraid to not only touch the third rails of politics, but to embrace them. Entitlement reform, low taxes, limited government, students before the teachers unions, and the list is long and distinguished.

I am now 100% Romney/Ryan.

I’m not in a financial position that I can afford to give Romney or the RNC a maximum contribution, but November 6 is D-Day just as June 6, 1944 was D-Day for Europe and Democracies around the world.

So you have to ask yourself. Are you going to be in the first wave, or are you going to let the others do the dirty work for you.

How you anser that question will tell you if you are an American or something else.

BMF on August 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Um, your point ??

pambi on August 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM

He never has one. He just spouts off DNC talking points.

wargamer6 on August 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM

God bless Mitt.

For intellect and character, this man rules.

Now the budget is a real issue and not a rolling pinball in the distant halls of congress. His brains put a budget together.

Everyone I spoke with had nothing but good things to say about Vice President Ryan including mutual friends who are minorities.

Most of all, the Vice President had the love of the country motivate him to tackle the thankless, slippery and complex task of doing the financial planning to try to save our economy.

What a contrast of candidates we have.

IlikedAUH2O on August 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM

thatsafactjack on August 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

But Romney said that Norfolk was a great city with a long history of defending freedom. Nevermind the founding fathers or the fact that the city has the world’s largest Naval base and is HQ for the military branch of NATO. Tommorrow’s talk shows will reference the Civil War and declare that Romney was defending slavery.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Where’s ‘twerp ?

That deer might have been innocent.

listens2glenn on August 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I don’t hunt; but I love the Second Amendment.

Love Paul Ryan too. Always have. And I secretly think this will help with the women’s vote. Shh..don’t tell Andrea Mitchell! lol!

mountainaires on August 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I just still see Bambi, so it makes me sad, what can I say?!

ellifint on August 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I feel that way too. And I am a savage.
The only time I ever have a problem with people feeling this way is when they try & tell me how to treat my livestock or tell me if I can or cannot hunt.
I feel sad when I see a dead pheasant on the road. But it has never stopped me from throwing it, or dead rabbits etc into the trunk of my car to bring home as food for my barn cats.

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

In your face, proggies. In your face.

petefrt on August 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

BMF on August 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Back in 1776 there were a lot of fence sitters too.
It took the dirty work of Patriots to change some of their minds.
And then there were STILL ‘neutral’ fence sitters.
At some point, you are either for one side or the other, even by default.

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

It took dirty work the courage of Patriots to change some of their minds.
And then there were STILL ‘neutral’ fence sitters.
At some point, you are either for one side or the other, even by default.

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

This is actually the truth of it.

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Maybe so, Nomad buddy, it’s expected. There are no grownups in the 4th estate anymore.

I’m Jazzed by the pick (bad pun intended).

We’re going to have an adult discussion about economic issues. We’ll hear the normal screeds but there will be questions that will require Obama to come up with answers on reforming the budget, which Geithner has already said they have no long term solution for. All he could say is they didn’t like Ryan’s.

Get’em Ryan. Go on offense.

itsspideyman on August 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I generally try not to butt into these fascinating discussions more than necessary, but for those shouting about how the 2nd amendment doesn’t have anything to do with hunting, please spare us the lofty lectures today. I seriously doubt there is anyone engaged in this particular thread who hasn’t read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We all know that “hunting” doesn’t appear there and what the primary intent of it was. But we also know that the founders who wrote those words also knew that most Americans of the day additionally used their personal firearms as a tool to help feed their families, just as many do today.

And that’s why discussions of any candidate’s position on the rights of gun owners frequently cross over into a discussion of their attitude toward hunting. We’ve seen more than a few who uphold these rights, but clearly have never fired a gun in their lives. There’s nothing wrong with that, mind you. I support the right of free people to do many things that I might not have any personal interest in. But when it comes to guns and hunting, there is a certain level of comfort for some of us when a candidate clearly keeps their own firearms, is comfortable with them and knows their way around a trigger and a safety catch. So if that’s of value to some voters, great. If not, they can ignore it.

Carry on.

Jazz Shaw on August 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM

and stop that aid to the Jooos already!!!! :-)

jimver on August 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Well obviously the joooooooos have to be dealt with but how about 3 cheers for the gold standard, traitors?

:-0

CorporatePiggy on August 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Django on August 11, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

lol, exactly right. So much of the Democrat/left modus operandi is ridiculously anti-logic and flat-out insane.

Django on August 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Heh, that is so quintessentially a mom thing to say.

libfreeordie on August 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

My mother also said if you can’t say something nice about someone, say nothing at all.

Lib: ” “.

itsspideyman on August 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Heh, that is so quintessentially a mom thing to say.

libfreeordie on August 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

It is when a mom wants their son to grow up and be a man instead of a liberal metro.

BacaDog on August 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Badger40 on August 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I know someone like you. He says here’s the deer, I’ve got pork but I found this (still warm) doe on the road.

You eat roadkill – own it.

Tbh no one realizes.

CorporatePiggy on August 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Speaking of Ryan…………………..

At GOP VP announcement, Rep. Paul Ryan says ‘our rights come from nature and God, not government’ – from broadcast

7 hours ago by editor

canopfor on August 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Our next task will be to ask Mr. Ryan… where do you find all these huge deer???

When we moved from Iowa to Texas in the middle of winter, the first time I saw deer on base, I thought some dogs with Christmas antlers had gotten loose. The deer in Texas were so tiny, I could hardly believe they were actually deer! Jazz, come up to the upper Midwest sometime, and we’ll throw some deer brats on the grill for ya.

pookysgirl on August 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM

txmomof6 on August 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Heh, that is so quintessentially a mom thing to say.

libfreeordie on August 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

It beats “kill your baby,” son.

Rational Thought on August 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Speaking of Ryan,he is good at math……………………….

Paul Ryan bags one!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Paul Ryan- Just a Policy Wonk
Paul Ryan is pretty good with numbers and such.

Windage and elevation…
**************************

canopfor on November 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM

canopfor on August 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

BMF on August 11, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Two points on your heartfelt post BMF.

I think this election is just (if not more) important to the future of this nation than the invasion of Europe in 1944. We simply will be eradicated out of American exceptionalism if this band of socialists get an additional four years to attack America from within its very structure. When it comes to the worst case of domestic terrorism, others point to the anti-Vietnam War movements, the OKC bombing, or other such things. I point to the Obama administration. Yes, I said it. Barak Hussein Obama is a domestic terrorist. It is the only way to sum up a guy who swore to defend the Constitution and then opts to bypass it through Executive Order and selective enforcement of the laws passed by a co-equal branch of government.

Secondly, I actually had Romney volunteers show up at the door this morning in the belly of the beast. A very liberal area where to put a Romney sticker on my car or a yard sign out would not end well. But, I’ve just signed up to help Mitt in this area. If you have the time, I might suggest you do the same.

Happy Nomad on August 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Gee, I wonder how Savior Ryan voted on this bill:

The law now allows Obama and future presidents to name appointees to senior positions in every branch of the administration, from the Department of the Treasury to the Department of Homeland Security without Senate confirmation.

LegendHasIt on August 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Unfortunately, very unfortunately, he voted Yea.

Not to cofuse with the other Ryan (first name).

Schadenfreude on August 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM