Remind me again: Why isn’t Bobby Jindal at the top of Romney’s VP shortlist?

posted at 8:49 pm on August 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

Obligatory caveat: Maybe he is. No one knows except for Romney’s inner circle. But all of the rumors lately have to do with Portman, Pawlenty, and Ryan, with Rubio and Christie unlikely dark horse possibilities. Jindal’s name seems to have disappeared — even though he’s probably the one guy out there more than any other who would satisfy virtually everyone in the Republican galaxy. As Matt Lewis put it:

T-Paw is “meh,” Portman is a Bush guy, Ryan is an invitation to Mediscaring — but what’s Jindal’s big liability? He’s smart as a whip, respected by grassroots conservatives and righty intellectuals, has had plenty of executive experience, brings youth and racial/geographic diversity to the ticket, and on and on and on. The only arguments against him are that he endorsed Perry in the primary, gave a flat response to the State of the Union a few years ago, and once wrote about an exorcism he witnessed decades ago. So what? It wouldn’t be that hard to spin the Perry endorsement: “It was a tough call between him and Mitt, whom I’ve always admired, but my personal friendship with Rick forced my hand. Now, however, I’m committed to helping Gov. Romney lead America back to prosperity.” Case closed. No one’s going to care about the SOTU response — if you want a guy who gives a good speech but can’t govern, there’s already an app for that — and the exorcism thing is so old, petty, and arcane that it’s just not going to get traction realistically. Something like that only hurts a candidate if it jibes somehow with his public persona, seeming to reveal some fundamental quirk in his character. This doesn’t do that. Jindal’s image is that of a consummate wonk, a technocrat blessed with unusual brain power and an enviable grasp of policy. He’s simply not going to be easily demagogued as a wild-eyed religious radical, which of course would be the point of those attacks — although no doubt liberals will try anyway. (In a way, it’d be fitting if this dumb, petty campaign came down to an argument over exorcisms.) Worst-case scenario: Jindal’s forced to answer a few questions about it and gets to gently remind the media that we all do strange things sometimes during youth. Some of us witness an exorcism, others do cocaine. Bygones, etc.

I’m on the verge of talking myself into thinking that he should be the choice, but I’ll hold off on that if only because Portman could at least help deliver a crucial swing state. I’m not sure what Pawlenty, Ryan, or Jindal would deliver, despite their respective strengths. Here’s video of the man himself from the Red State Gathering held recently. Exit question: Why shouldn’t he be the pick? I’m sincerely interested in counterarguments.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Racism probably.

After the Sikh temple shooting, he’d make a great reminder that only Republicans have high-profile Indian politicians.

Apologetic California on August 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM

because of that little speech he gave.

renalin on August 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I like Jindal a lot. I also like Rubio. Either would be great picks.

Rixon on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I HAVE NO IDEA. Romney/Jindal 2012.

Paul-Cincy on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Have you seen him speak? Especially that SOTU address a couple years ago that was supposed to be his “big break?” Snoozefest. He sounded like a quantum physics teacher lecturing.

Minus the charm and charisma.

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

His retort after the state of the union address? That was bad.
I can’t think of anything else, except that he wants to stay and help LA.

AllahsNippleHair on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Dante:

BECAUSE HE’S NOT NATURAL BORN!11111

wargamer6 on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Because M Knight Shamylan ruined it for EVERYONE!!!

abobo on August 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Did I need a sarc tag on that one?

abobo on August 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM

In any rational election year, I think Jindal is my hands down winner. BUT, this is our last chance to regain the country created by our Founding Fathers and, with that being said, we must deploy the best strategy to win–RUBIO–who can turn purple to red, is my pick. Again, Jindal best person to serve if something happens to Mitt, but that scenario is useless if Mitt doesn’t win.

hillsoftx on August 9, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Minus the charm and charisma.

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Not as bad as the sh!t that flies out of Obama’s mouth.
You take him off TelePrompTer and stand back for the fun.
You didn’t build that.

AllahsNippleHair on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

He’s my pick, but I think his flame-out response to the President’s State of the Union could scare Romney’s people when it comes to a debate.

jonkk on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

We’ll know when Romney makes the announcement.

…Yeah, no. I could never write for a blog.

Dongemaharu on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

RACIST !!!

/sarc

socalcon on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I still think he is on the shortlist. Heck I think it’s going to be him.

gophergirl on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Romney/Trump ’12!

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Jindal has by far the best resume of any potential VP, it’s not even close.

commodore on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Jindal is a natural. When he says something, to me it’s going to be solid. Obama, I rarely have a clue what he’s talking about. One day try to deconstruct one of his paragraphs. He doesn’t say anything.

Paul-Cincy on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

It’s a media world….

He doesn’t come off well on TV.

idesign on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Because people are over thinking it.

Jindal has the “temperate professionalism” or whatever it is that people like Portman and Pawlenty are praised for.

He has the ability to give red meat straight talk like Chris Christie.

And he could do a lot to combat racial charges about the Republican Party like Rubio.

That and a great personal bio like Matt Lewis said.

Bluray on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Funny. I remember writing about the same exact thing in The Green Room not too long ago. Well, I guess great minds think alike (except I guess when it comes to God, gay marriage, and the St. Louis Cardinals).

Mike Rathbone on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

jonkk on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Against slow Joe? Really? Jindal could come in 3 sheets to the wind and sound more coherent on policy.

hillsoftx on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

JINDAL IS THE MOST QUALIFIED AND THE ONLY ONE OF THE UPPER TIER WHO HAS BEEN A CHIEF EXECUTIVE AND ONE DURING MORE THAN ONE CRISIS.

reliapundit on August 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

He’s fabulous and it would be an inspired choice.

aquaviva on August 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

…and the exorcism thing is so old, petty, and arcane that it’s just not going to get traction realistically.

Didn’t someone have to defend against her involvment as a teen in witchcraft or somthing? Her name eludes me at the moment…

Could come back to bite him…

I am all for BJ as the VP pick! He would be awesome!

Scrumpy on August 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Bottom line, though: Does ANYONE vote for President based on who will be Vice-President?

Did anyone run into the booth to pull the lever because of:

Bush Sr?
Quayle?
Gore?
Cheney?
Biden?

No. So all this breathless wondering is nothing more than something to fill the void of the 24/7 news cycle.

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I’ve supported Jindal as the best choice from the beginning–all upside, the down being inconsequential. The fact that libs like inthemiddle mindlessly dis him for not being a great Periclean orator like The Messiah gives him added credibility.

Athanasius on August 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Dante:

BECAUSE HE’S NOT NATURAL BORN!11111

wargamer6 on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Dante/HisLipstickStainedReflection 2012!!!

CurtZHP on August 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Romney/Trump ’12!

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Obama/Biden ’12
Now, THAT is stupid.

AllahsNippleHair on August 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I’m stealing that if Jindal gets picked.

Go RBNY on August 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Because to the conventional -that is stale- thinking political mind, Jindal isn’t enough of a pander to an obvious demographic voter bloc.

M240H on August 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM

There really aren’t any counterarguments to Jindal. I’ll go ahead and predict that Romney makes the one smart decision of his campaign and picks Jindal.

Then again, there may also be an issue that Jindal doesn’t want to be on the same ticket as him.

Stoic Patriot on August 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I like Jindal, and I’d be perfectly happy with him as a VP pick. But I’m not convinced he helps the ticket in an electoral sense, and that’s probably why he’s not on the short list. A governor from a southern state that’s already likely to be red isn’t going to help Romney win Ohio or Colorado, or flip Michigan.

Caiwyn on August 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Obama ad: “Romney wants to give another American job to an Indian”

Mark1971 on August 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

It would be all exorcism, all the time. He’s still the best choice, though.

SAZMD on August 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

He’s brilliant. I don’t get it. He’s my first choice for Veep.

It would be an inspired and inspiring choice.

Cody1991 on August 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Won’t get any argument from me Allah!

Scrumpy on August 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

He sounded like a quantum physics teacher lecturing.

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

What could you possibly know about that?

Go RBNY on August 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Puzzle me this, inthemiddle: does ANYONE vote for president based on nothing more than the melanin content of their skin?

Athanasius on August 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Why shouldn’t he be the pick? POSTED AT 8:49 PM ON AUGUST 9, 2012 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

He should be.

sublibertate on August 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Dante:

BECAUSE HE’S NOT NATURAL BORN!11111

wargamer6 on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Wrong!

That would be emperor norton.

With little dante, its all about NATIVE born.

Get it right.

cozmo on August 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM

He’s my top choice.

He gave a yawn-worthy response to a State of the Union. B. F. D. I didn’t realize SOTU is so un-yawn-worthy in itself. It’s a speech given out of tradition that is 100% divided along party lines these days…

onetrickpony on August 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Those of us who live in Louisiana can tell you he does not have a documented resume of accomplishments. He’s done alot of talking and he has a great propaganda team behind him. But in my opinion he’s not ready. But neither was or is president O.

Sid on August 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I am wondering if Jindal is not on the short list, but he is on the one-name list that is locked in Mitt’s desk drawer.

nitzsche on August 9, 2012 at 9:04 PM

hillsoftx on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Ok that really made me laugh out loud – only because it’s true. “C’mon man – Barack is clean!” If we’re lucky, maybe Biden will even make a remark about how he should be working at a 7-11.

The Count on August 9, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Jindal is the most qualified. He also checks a lot of boxes. (Educated, conservative, executive experience, and yes, the minority one.) It is a shame tha it appears that he is not on the short list.

McDuck on August 9, 2012 at 9:04 PM

A Matt Lewis endorsement is a negative for Jindal.

Blake on August 9, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Because he said “No” and meant it?

schuyler on August 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Romney/Need a GOP Attack Dog VP/2012!!
(a tad sarc).

canopfor on August 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Romney/Trump ’12!

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

NotObama/NotBiden ’12!

Stu Gotts on August 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Er, there’s nothing wrong with exorcisms, especially since he’s Catholic:

Christians shouldn’t be afraid to admit that things the bible says Jesus did–like drive out evil spirits–are things that Jesus actually did.

Nessuno on August 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM

His SOTU response wasn’t a negative to me. That’s a really hard gig. He’s a Roman Catholic social conservative. They could get him on that, but I’m OK with him there, he’s not a Santorum who’s got a bit of being overmoralistic in him. He’s an ethnic Indian, and his skin is just as dark as Obama’s, and I don’t think anyone cares about skin color anymore. Despite how Obama brings up his skin color over and over again. Jindal is a nice contrast to the “obsessed about race” Obama.

Maybe Jindal has skeletons in his closet. I haven’t heard of any. Parents illegal immigrants?

Paul-Cincy on August 9, 2012 at 9:08 PM

There you go again. – Ronald Reagan

VorDaj on August 9, 2012 at 9:08 PM

And some of us share chairs in the White House with dead women suffragettes when we’re in our 60′s.

Isn’t that right Mrs. Pelosi?

Flora Duh on August 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Obama ad: “Romney wants to give another American job to an Indian”

Mark1971 on August 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Mark1971:)

With Biden,saying,“Òn Every Street Corner`!!

canopfor on August 9, 2012 at 9:10 PM

BECAUSE HE’S NOT NATURAL BORN!11111

wargamer6 on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Don’t worry about that. Many ‘Republicans’ want to join the democrats in burning the U.S. Constitution.

VorDaj on August 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I’ll remind you in two words: intelligent design.

I’m rooting for Ryan. Or Christie.

InDubly on August 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM

AP, you make a compelling case for Jindal, and honestly, I’m in agreement. This country needs brains in its leaders right now, and Jindal (and Ryan) have that. I’d be happy with either, honestly.

King B on August 9, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I’m of the opinion that anyone who is getting buzz probably won’t be the pick. It kinda kills the surprise and the suspense if they pick a guy/gal that everyone expects.

Team Romney is just elevating Pawlenty, Portman, and Ryan as a way of showing gratitude to them for being hard-working surrogates for the last six months.

Jindal, McDonnell, Rubio, and Christie look to be the final contestants.

Lawdawg86 on August 9, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Have you seen him speak?

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Rocks, glass houses, you get the idea.

Flora Duh on August 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Portman is out. This will sound lame, but his hands shake when he speaks. That’s enough. Not fair, superficial, whatever, but it won’t be him.

forest on August 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Remind me again: Why isn’t Bobby Jindal at the top of Romney’s VP shortlist?

Good evening, and Happy Mardi Gras.

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Can’t argue with the choice. Sorry, AP.

As far as the SOTU response, it’s no more disqualifying than Romney’s loss to McCain in the ’08 primary.

wolfsDad on August 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Seven-Eleven?
I kid. I kid. I love Bobby J.

the new aesthetic on August 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I’m rather liking the sound of a Palin/Jindal ticket myself.

You know, the Convention could do what the Convention decided to do…

Scribbler on August 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I’ll remind you in two words: intelligent design.

I’m rooting for Ryan. Or Christie.

InDubly on August 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM

You think Gwen Ifill asks “Governor Jindal, do you believe in evolution”, and he replies “it’s an unproven theory” and he’s made a laughingstock? He’s smarter than that.

Paul-Cincy on August 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Intrade gives Jindal a 3.1% chance. What’s up for tomorrow? Someone with a 2% chance? Then back to Petraeus with a .7% chance?

VorDaj on August 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Also, if Jindal is the pick, he would have to resign office in Louisiana immediately. Hurricane season approaches, and if the wind gusts above 40 miles an hour in New Orleans the national media will go into overdrive asking if Jindal is neglecting his official responsibilities by campaigning in Ohio during a potential emergency.

Lawdawg86 on August 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Sid on August 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM

He has gotten plenty of legislation through the legislature that just years ago wouldn’t have gotten through.

Bluray on August 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM

OT (sorry)

You think you love Sununu now…..watch this.

aquaviva on August 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Hugo Chavez has a .05% chance. Can we cover him?

VorDaj on August 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM

InDubly on August 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Right. Because so few Americans believe in God as the creator of the universe.

Athanasius on August 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I’ll remind you in two words: intelligent design.

I’m rooting for Ryan. Or Christie.

InDubly on August 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Intelligent Design isn’t Anti-Evolution.

Bluray on August 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM

He should be at the top.

INC on August 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Not only that… our party wouldn’t lose a senator or congressman where we could losegov a special election. We would easily keep the LA governor spot.

dforston on August 9, 2012 at 9:18 PM

inthemiddle on August 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

If there’s one lesson Lyndon Johnson taught me, it’s that you damn well better consider who the VP is on the ticket.

Flora Duh on August 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Seven-Eleven?
I kid. I kid. I love Bobby J.

the new aesthetic on August 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

You’re a bad one, TNS. :-)
Could you imagine how far Biden would shove his foot down his throat.
He’d complain because Bobby didn’t being him a Slurpee.

AllahsNippleHair on August 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Paul-Cincy on August 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM

The VP debate doesn’t matter. It’s how Jindal will be marketed (by the Dems).

Jindal’s too 1.0. I think Romney needs to show that he’s about moving forward, not backward.

InDubly on August 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Well, if you want someone who can semi-competently read off a teleprompter just let the preazy of the united steazy get re-elected.

JAGonzo on August 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM

brings youth and racial/geographic diversity to the ticket

Ugh. Since you make an affirmative action argument, then he’s not the best choice. Pick the person who’d do the job best. Period.

Romney/Ryan is the best choice, and dozen others would be better than Jindal. Jindal would be an affirmative action loser, a righty Obama.

sauldalinsky on August 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Lawdawg86 on August 9, 2012 at 9:16 PM

This is completely wrong. Jindal has proven during the oil spill that he is amazing in crisis situations, particularly with the media.

Who cares if he has to go back to LA, he will get all kinds of good free press out of it.

commodore on August 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

JAGonzo on August 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM

If someone made a battery-operated bobblehead doll of Obama with the head rhythmically bobbing from side to side as if reading a teleprompter … I’d be tempted to buy it.

Paul-Cincy on August 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Interesting. This would be the first time I can remember when the Republicans nominated two candidates, neither of whom had served in the military. Have any of the VP short-listers served in uniform? (Jindal hasn’t.)

I like Jindal, BTW. The word “exorcism” might explode all over the campaign if he’s the VP nominee, but one word or another is going to do that regardless of who the nominee is, so it really doesn’t matter.

J.E. Dyer on August 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I don’t get it either…Jindal is easily my top choice. The best option out of those mentioned. They must be thinking that Portman or Pawlenty can help deliver in the Midwest, but I think they’re sorely mistaken…neither will be of much help at all. Jindal will at least bring some of the base around, which couldn’t hurt.

If it’s not Jindal, I hope it’s Ryan. If it’s not either of them, I hope the choice isn’t Pawlenty or Portman.

changer1701 on August 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

You’re a bad one, TNS. :-)
Could you imagine how far Biden would shove his foot down his throat.
He’d complain because Bobby didn’t being him a Slurpee.

AllahsNippleHair on August 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM

And this is the reason I would love Jindal to be our VP choice. Could you imagine the debate? It would be awesome. :)

the new aesthetic on August 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Jindal IS good, but again, why try throwing him into the race now? He had a shot back when the starting gate was open last year.

I’m not against Jindal, he’s damned good in my opinion, but put him in spotlight in a different way: Run him against Reid for Senate Majority Leader, if Possible.

Or even for House Speaker. I mean, who would *YOU* rather see staring at you from the monitor on Hot Air?

Not to mention, we’d be able to give Cantor & Co. a nice vacation somewhere….anywhere.

BlaxPac on August 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Go Jindal!!! I think he’s on the top of the list — but it’s the best kept secret. Why not?

balkanmom on August 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Could it be that there is a reason no one likes to talk about for fear of being labeled?

Bmore on August 9, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I will say this: it had better not be Pawlenty. Anyone but Pawlenty. Seriously, it would be a disaster. I respect the man, but he is BORING. Boring. Boring.

the new aesthetic on August 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM

No counter arguments from me. Jindal would be my pick in a heart beat. The issue for Romney. of course, is that Jindal is to the right of every position Romney takes, and Republicans will be pressing Jindal all term long to keep Romney honest throughout his term. That’s not a prescription for a healthy relationship between the two of them, and I wonder if the prospect of that sort of relationship will scare Romney off Jindal.

MTF on August 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

The safest exciting or non-exciting pick is Sen. John Hoeven, ND

10 years as governor, elected to his last 2 terms & the Senate by 70%+. Doesn’t every state want the development problems the ND has?
— the income sources that ND has?

KenInIL on August 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Could be, too, that they fear the Palin effect…someone largely unknown being thrust into the spotlight, and the media just tearing them apart. Harder to do for a boring choice, I guess.

changer1701 on August 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM

It’s a media world….

He doesn’t come off well on TV.

idesign on August 9, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Let’s just say it, he is an unattractive man. Someone tie him down and give him a decent damn haircut that isn’t reminiscent of Adolf Hitler.

Yes he’s brilliant, and unlike the Jackass he actually earned and deserves his degrees. He could do the job in a heartbeat.

Re his citizenship, don’t EVER think that just because the democratics crushed those skeptical of little Bammie’s qualifications, that they won’t jump to the other side in a nanosecond. We’ll be fighting that battle all over again from the other side, and the old media will still be on the side of the democratics.

slickwillie2001 on August 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Jindal is my choice.

Rubio is suspect on immigration and while he might help in Florida with the Cuban American vote, he won’t mean diddly to Mexican, Central and South American and Puerto Rican voters.

I also don’t think Rubio is quite ready for the top spot if the worst should happen. In a few years? Sure.

jnelchef on August 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Meanwhile…..

Mitt Romney’s VP hint? ‘Vision for the country’ a priority
August 9, 2012, 3:46 p.m.
*************************

NEW YORK — Mitt Romney remained coy about his vice presidential pick on Thursday, but he offered a few hints.

“I certainly expect to have a person that has a strength of character, a vision for the country that adds something to the political discourse about the direction of the country”,
*********************************************************

Romney told NBC News’ Chuck Todd in an interview

that aired Thursday evening. “I happen to believe this is a defining election for America, that we’re going to be voting for what kind of America we’re going to have.”
(More..)

canopfor on August 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM

jonkk on August 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Against the Genius, Joe Biden? Seriously?

njrob on August 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Dante:

BECAUSE HE’S NOT NATURAL BORN!11111

wargamer6 on August 9, 2012 at 8:52 PM

In other words, because not every single one of Jindal’s ancestors can’t be traced back to one of the original 13 colonies,….

Steve Eggleston on August 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Flora Duh on August 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM

BINGO !!
And I’d have NO problems with Jindal !
Just hate to eliminate the possibility of him as HHS chief.
My only hesitation.

pambi on August 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM

The safest exciting or non-exciting pick is Sen. John Hoeven, ND

— the income sources that ND has?

KenInIL on August 9, 2012 at 9:26 PM

You know what–I think you’re really on to something there. From your comment to Romney’s ears. :-)

Athanasius on August 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM