Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on August 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

[W]hen will they know? And when will the rest of us know? There’s a school of thought in the extended Romney camp that the identity of the pick will dictate the timing of the announcement. A choice that is more exciting to the Republican base, and to the GOP convention delegates, can be announced late, even at the convention itself, because it will instantly excite Republican loyalists. No need for an extended sales campaign. But a pick that is less exciting to the base might be announced earlier, to give Romney time to build support for his choice.

“If he picks Rubio, he could do that the day before the convention, and it would electrify the convention and be exciting,” says one source who is familiar with the campaign but not part of the vice presidential process. “[The delegates] want Rubio, or maybe Christie, or perhaps Paul Ryan. But if he chooses Portman or Pawlenty, he should do it enough in advance so that he doesn’t immediately go in and disappoint the convention. It gives him time to sell his choice.”

***

“[Ryan] is the kind of smart, young guy that Mitt likes and Mitt would have probably hired at Bain,” says Mike Murphy, a former Romney adviser. “He shares the intellectual talent and positive outlook of the guys who Mitt mentored for decades.”…

According to Romney insiders, Romney deeply appreciated Ryan’s willingness to privately share his critique of the campaign during the heated Republican primary, where Romney often struggled to make his case. As he watched from afar, long before he endorsed, Ryan drafted a series of detailed strategy and policy advisories, and discussed them with Romney over the phone. For Romney, those corporate-style memos made a lasting impression — and catapulted Ryan into Romney’s circle, where he has remained since.

“Both men are intelligent and very empirically minded, driven by facts,” says Peter Wehner, a friend of Ryan’s and a former Bush and Reagan administration official. “When he looks at Ryan, Romney probably sees somebody like himself, a person he’d want at his side in the business world or the political world. They approach complicated problems the same way.”

***

The case against Ryan, 42, is that he is a lightning rod for criticism of the unpopular cuts in government health programs for the elderly and poor he proposed as chairman of the powerful House of Representatives Budget Committee

That is not a weakness, the conservatives argued, but a strength. They want Ryan’s budget to be the issue and they want Ryan there to defend it.

Such a debate, they believe, could elevate the campaign beyond questions that are consuming it now, about Romney’s unwillingness to disclose more than two years of tax returns for example, or his leadership of the investment firm, Bain Capital…

“It turns the election into an all-in bet,” the aide said, adding, “The concern is that when you go all in, you can lose and be out of the game.”

***

The question, it seems to us, is not whether Republicans and their presidential nominee own the Ryan budget, but how they choose to talk about it. Republicans shouldn’t worry about having entitlement reform as part of the campaign debate; they should want it there. The 2012 campaign should be about leadership, and about the failure of Barack Obama to provide it on the big issues, including – especially – on entitlement reform, debt, and deficits. It’s no longer the case that talking about entitlements is fatal. Marco Rubio ran on entitlement reform and won decisively … in senior-rich Florida. The more Rubio talked about entitlement reform, in fact, the better he did, according the campaign’s internal tracking polls. Congressional Republicans voted overwhelmingly in favor of the Ryan budget twice and yet they are effectively tied with congressional Democrats on the generic ballot question…

So Romney, and Republicans, will be running on the Romney-Ryan plan no matter what. Having Paul Ryan on the ticket may well make it easier to defend the plan convincingly. Ryan’s pretty good at that.

***

***

[T]he loud, public calls for Mr. Ryan to emerge as the winner demonstrate again the wariness with which conservatives have always treated Mr. Romney. They suggest that there remains a desire among some conservatives for Mr. Romney to demonstrate that he is, in fact, one of them

[T]he conservatives are also looking past the November election to the kind of White House they want should Mr. Romney win. For some conservatives — especially those who identify themselves with the Tea Party movement — winning is not enough.

For some of those conservatives, a Romney administration stocked with moderate Republicans is almost as bad as a second term for Mr. Obama.

***

The clamor you are hearing for Paul Ryan for VP is not about helping the Romney candidacy. It’s about controlling the Romney campaign — and ultimately the Romney presidency. It’s about forcing a platform on Romney, and then dictating the agenda for that presidency’s first year. The platform happens to be suicidal, and the agenda impossible, but that does not matter to the Ryan advocates. They take the old Tammany Hall point of view: “Better to lose an agenda than lose control of the party.”

In that sense, the Ryan proposal is a test of Romney’s leadership. If he accedes, it’s a big surrender of control — and a surrender to many of those who most opposed (and who inwardly continue to dislike) his nomination.

***

But the smaller, more Machiavellian point is that Ryan is Romney’s best chance to diffuse the blame if he loses this election. If Romney chooses the proverbial “incredibly boring white guy” and then goes down in November, conservatives will place the blame squarely on Romney’s shoulders: He was a flip-flopping, Massachusetts Moderate with a cautious campaign and a car garage. The narrative, in fact, is already set. In July, the Wall Street Journal editorial page accused Romney of “slowly squandering an historic opportunity.” They would simply have to change “squandering” to “squandered.” And Romney knows it.

But if Romney chooses Ryan — if he makes this the “big election over big issues” that the Wall Street Journal editorial page wants — then his loss will be their loss as well. He’ll still be blamed, of course. But the fact will remain that he took conservative counsel, adopted conservative ideas, named a conservative hero as his vice president, ran on the Ryan budget, and lost to a liberal. The right will not be able to pretend they weren’t on the ticket. They will have chosen the ticket. The right will not be able to say Romney ran a cautious campaign. They will have cranked his campaign’s strategy up to 11.

What’s less clear is what conservatives get out of the deal, save the opportunity to see Ryan debate Joe Biden. If Ryan is named to the ticket and the ticket loses, the loss will discredit the Ryan budget, and empower those in the Republican Party who want to pivot back to the center. Whereas conservatives have some chance of winning the intraparty argument if Romney/Portman loses — “we shouldn’t have nominated the insincere moderate,” they’ll say — they have little chance of arguing that the Republican Party simply didn’t run hard enough on the Ryan budget if Romney/Ryan loses.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

My only problem with Ryan, is his medicine is tough to swallow. That medicine can turn on you, no matter how good it is for you. Remember when Bush touched Social Security. We have a just don’t touch mine mentality.

Also, I have faith Romney will win regardless of his choice for VP. I think America has had enough of Obama, so Romney pick is more about America than winning this election.

Conger on August 10, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I think it’s an issue that needs to be debated on the forefront: do we want to be a nation of takers or makers?

I didn’t know that Rubio ran on entitlement reform in Fla, that’s very promising for picking Ryan.

At this point I’d dance a jig if Romney picks Ryan.

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Governor Romney had a very effective working relationship with his Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey.

As Romney’s second-in-command, Healey was the liaison between the local government and the state house, working to reduce the burden of cuts to state aid to municipal governments. Healey was credited with creating a package of legislative proposals, called the Municipal Relief Act, that reduced expensive and burdensome state mandates, easing the pain of cuts to state aid by about $75 million.[21] The administration closed the budget gap, and ended fiscal year 2004 with a budget surplus of $700 million[22].

If Romney follows this model he will pick a VP who can help him legislatively.
Who better than Ryan?

topdog on August 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM

libfreeordie is stoopid

Slade73 on August 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Evening Jackie, you totin any good tomorrow tunes?

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM

It is funny that someone who LOVES his dog could root for Vick………..GO JETS……..

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM

How we doing arnold? You keeping these 5 th tier trolls of HA straight? They ain’t worth squat but it’s all we got. ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I’m fine sir, doing the best I can at the bulwarks. Would be good to have some help from Admiral Romney. He is apparently getting advice from the McCain family on how to flame out.

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM

The debates alone would be huge fun! We would have so many enemies. Good times!

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Lots from the right, which makes it that much more schadenfreudig.

Schadenfreude on August 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM

E A G L E S

iggles!

Slade73 on August 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM

@ Crosspatch.

He could be the deciding vote in the Senate. That issue isnt a done deal yet. Ryan could be that tipping point. With an empowered Tea Party cacaus, it could tip legislation in favor of deeper cuts, less pork, etc. ( A man can dream can’t he?) Obamacare be gone.

I think it also will keep Mitt to the center right on spending, whereas an establishment pick we’ll get the same old, we feel bad about spending your money, but at least it’s not as much as the Dem’s would’ve done.

Conger on August 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Good evening, Bmore! I’m still figuring out whether our “Applejack” is more potent than Scumpy’s “scrumpy” or not! LOL!

I’m thinking I’ll have to think about the ‘tomorrow’ tunes… I’ll get back to you!

How are you?

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

There is a virus/bug on HA, gonna do a scan and return!! Says it’s from Symantic…ugh

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Someone who seemed suicidal when his dog was sick, roots for Vick
Tebow baby……….GO JETS

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Schadenfreude on August 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Worst case if our ticket didn’t pan out, we could go with our backup plan.

Resist we much/Scrumpy 2012! Of course we have to argue the whole Native/ Natural thing. Scotus here we come! Good times!

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Tomorrow Never Knows ( Idol)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Would that be car wax, ear wax, mustache wax, bikini wax, or some other type of unidentified wax?

listens2glenn on August 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Nipple wax, of course.

AllahsNippleHair on August 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

OUCH

Sandra Fluke’s back and mustache wax

Slade73 on August 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Thanks for that mental picture. : O

Sex wax is my favorite wax.

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Jellies and creams I’m familiar with.

But now, I’m afraid to ask . . . . .

listens2glenn on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Me too.

SparkPlug on August 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Whaaat? I’m gifting the pebble to a bloody Brit? :)

Schadenfreude on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

More Lounge

I’m going to see if I can put together a collection of the greatest mediocre lounge music in the history of yawns.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Some people have Romney losing even before he’s the official candidate. Morons. I’m not going to argue with those that would increase obozo’s chances by continually trashing their prospective nominee, then cheer for polls showing him behind.

Retards.

I don’t care who Romney picks at this point. I have my preference and he probably won’t pick Jindal, but I’ll still support Romney anyway. He isn’t ocommie by a long shot. I’m beyond arguing that though, in my mind anyone that can’t support Romney at this point is supporting ocommie. From this point on they just don’t exist to me. Eff off, phoney trolls.

Wolfmoon on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Howdy everyone
Nip hair, slade’s a good dude, he just likes to pick………… He one of the biggest dog lovers I know……;-)

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Vick is a complete piece of trash. I knew he wasn’t sincere in his apology and now his book coming out only confirm that. In it he talks about how he lied to Roger Goodell and actually felt bad about taking advantage of him.

Tucker Carlson had it right, Vick should’ve been executed!

He’s the only player I want to see get paralyzed on the field.

His brother Marcus, once stopped on the knee of a defenseless player lying on his back on Va Tech. Runs in the family!

Plus he’s been way overrated anyways. Basically a running back behind center. Never could even learn the offense in Atl – admitted he studied more about how to kill dogs than the playbook.

Scumbag!!

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:00 AM

It seemed like HotAir was inaccessible for a short period earlier today.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Schadenfreude on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

No I’m not a Brit. I’m an American.

What I mean was that I just “whence from a place that I hail too”. Just like Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on August 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM

How are you?

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I’m well, they got thy’re money’s worth out of me this week. One more long one and party time! I don’t think Applejack is quite as sweet? Or is it the other way around? Lol!

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Someone who seemed suicidal when his dog was sick, roots for Vick
Tebow baby……….GO JETS

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Tell me about it, angrymike.

Alright, don’t wanna catch the hot air STD.

Goodnight.

AllahsNippleHair on August 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow ( Ramones)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM

More Lounge

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Wolfmoon
I agree, these polls mean nothing, the silent majority will show November 6 ……….

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM

@ Crosspatch.

Conger on August 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Good points.

I don’t think we’d be wasting Ryan at all by taking him out of the House and putting him at VP. On the contrary, he’d be working more closely with Mitt, forcing him to make real cuts and to do entitlement reform. We know they respect each other so Mitt would listen to Ryan.

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM

But now, I’m afraid to ask . . . . .

listens2glenn on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Lol! Surfer, I’m a surfer dude. ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Hotair dishing out viruses again through the scumbag auto-popup advertising? Someone needs their asses fired. Seriously.

Wolfmoon on August 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

SparkPlug on August 10, 2012 at 1:05 AM

You’d have gotten the pebble anyway. I love the Brits.

Schadenfreude on August 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I don’t think Applejack is quite as sweet? Or is it the other way around? Lol!

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Beats me! Have you ever tried Yukon Jack ‘PERMAFROST’? I love that stuff! Ice cold, straight shots. :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Later nip hair, rest easy……….;-)

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

AllahsNippleHair on August 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM

‘Nite AllahsNippleHair

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Good Night AllahsNippleHair, Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Lol! Surfer, I’m a surfer dude. ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM

LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Alright, don’t wanna catch the hot air STD.

Goodnight.

AllahsNippleHair on August 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM

lol, make sure you check in the morning to see if things got worse or better.

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Jackie
Ice cold yukon…..bad bad memories, what I can remember …..lol……;-)

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Wolfmoon on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I have a bunch of paulbots in my local 912 group that I’ve been arguing with. They keep kissing Paul’s backside and saying how it’d just be more of the same to vote Romney.

It’s really infuriating and I’ve told them they’ll all a disgrace for doing nothing to stop obama.

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Jaime: Yeah it was a page that said the warning was from Symantic.

I know I get tons of cookies from here, but only when I sign in to comment! Otherwise no.

Scrumpy is very potent… believe me… I haven’t tried Apple Jack, is it a Cider?

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

More Lounge

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

But now, I’m afraid to ask . . . . .

listens2glenn on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Lol! Surfer, I’m a surfer dude. ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Thank you.

You have regained my respect. : )

listens2glenn on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Nite ANH!!!

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM

No I never have. Sounds good though. I’m gonna look it up. ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I haven’t tried Apple Jack, is it a Cider?

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I’ve never tried it, or even seen it. I’ve only heard tell of it. Sounds good, though.

I hope you get rid of your virus.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

LOL! I had an entire lost weekend on that stuff… it was WONDERFUL! :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:13 AM

More Lounge

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM

You have regained my respect. : )

listens2glenn on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

You a surf bum too? I was when I was younger. Then I became a river rat, I.e. kayaker. Then a ski bum, now more of a cocktail cruise guy. Always with the water this one. ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

we know why you like the Jets AngryMike…we’ve all seen how sexy TBow’s looking, jogging the sideline in slow motion

Slade73 on August 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

B
stay away from ice cold Yukon, I found myself in jail one morning after a Yukon night………
Years and years ago………..;-)

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Sex wax is my favorite wax.

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Jellies and creams I’m familiar with.

But now, I’m afraid to ask . . . . .

listens2glenn on August 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Get your mind out of the gutter

AZfederalist on August 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I haven’t tried Apple Jack, is it a Cider?

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Applejack is about 40% alcohol… about 80 proof. It smells like apples… but its definitely not very sweet. I think your scrumpy probably tastes a lot better.. and it probably has more kick than most of our hard ciders…. although, I’ve heard tales of the stuff people brew up at home… :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I’ve told them they’ll all a disgrace for doing nothing to stop obama.

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I doubt we’ll need them. I think a big wave is going to wash Obama out to sea.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Would like to say, I am a reformed Paulian…yeah I know… :-( how could I have been?

He seemed logical at the time…

But I came to see that there were too many contradictory things etc…

Tho, I have always been more conservative than anything, he did make sense fiscally…

Don’t hate me!!!!

I have delved into many aspects of the political realm, and every time Conservatism came up tops for my points of view…

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Slade
have you ever seen the jets cheerleaders, they look nothing like Tebow …………..HOT STUFF….;-)

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Jackie, is it the Canadian whiskey with honey or the schnapps?

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM

More Lounge

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Speaking of dogs, have you seen this picture and story?

Photo of owner taking arthritic dog for swim goes viral on Facebook

JPeterman on August 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM

The farm made brew is strong, how strong tho, I am not sure, just didn’t take many pints to get drunk!

Sounds like AppleJack is more like a liqueur?

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM

This is a primo Lounge song!..:)

Dire Straits on August 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Scrumpy
That’s how we learn, we test many things before we find what we are looking for…..

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I think Tebow could eventually be a good QB but he has alot of work to do on his mechanics and needs to learn how to read defenses.

I like the guy. I’m a Peyton fan so when Peyton was out last year I watched alot of Tebow and Eli.

I’ll root for the Jets to beat tha Patsies who I despise.

I do think it’s going to be a mess though, a full blown QB contorversy with the Jets though. I mean who gives a presser to the backup QB who flies in on a private jet?

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I am in the mood for something silly! Here goes:

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM

angrymike! Yeah, jail isn’t gonna work too well for me. Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM

yeah, we know who’s hot stuff Mike. It’s called a Tebow b0ner.

Slade73 on August 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Dire Straits on August 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Yeah, that is a really good song but for some reason I considered it to be 80s pop. A case could be made for lounge, though.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Well the world really kicked me again, so I’m out…… good night all……;-)

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:22 AM

lata mike

Slade73 on August 10, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Pundits and reporters are pack animals – and so, apparently, are most of their readers. The problem with running in the pack is if you aren’t the lead dog, the view is always the same.

So the rumors have been about guys who we’ve considered on the short list since Romney clinched. CNN and CBS have it, MSNBC repeats it, suddenly it’s everywhere as if it were a leak – instead of a devilish plant.

It’s setting the pack on the wrong scent, diverting attention to increase the impact on the game-changer. Because the pick is going to shake up the race, which helps explain Obama’s utter desperation lately in trying to damage Romney. Because he knows.

It’s Petraeus. He had to tell Obama he was considering it so he doesn’t leave the CIA in the lurch. It was probably alone and in confidence, but Obama’s big fat ego couldn’t keep the secret any better than any other secret: he HAD to let someone know he knows. So he mentioned it at a fundraiser, but then quickly dropped the talk hoping Petraeus won’t out him when he’s picked.

Adjoran on August 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM

He seemed logical at the time…

But I came to see that there were too many contradictory things etc…

Don’t hate me!!!!

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM

As long as you’re willing to fight to defeat obama you’re cool with me :).

Paul is right on alot of things in regards to the economy.

It’s the blame america first, just bury our heads in the sand, let Iran have nukes stuff that really gets to me– personally I would’ve liked to have knocked him through that podium during the debates when he said that garbage.

That being said had he won the primary I still would’ve voted for him against obummer. I expect the same from the paul supporters except many of them refuse to do so. They keep bashing Romney like it’s still the primary and kissing paul’s a$$.

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Nite Mike! thanks :-)

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Not quite Lounge, but it sorta fits.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Jaime, did me scan and I am good to go!

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM

That’s what got to me, too… I always still came back to the Con side tho… Thank you I will do my bit!

Obama has to go. Period!

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM

More Lounge

I’ve never heard anything more loungy than this.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I doubt we’ll need them. I think a big wave is going to wash Obama out to sea.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM

You may be right and I really hope you are.

Just in case I’m trying to get everyone to do all they can to fight obama.

I’m nervous that it’s so close in the battleground states – especially Fla and OH which I think we need to win. Romney’s been up 1 or 2 in Fla and actually down by about 6 in OH according to Rasmussen. That’s scary!

I think it’s necessary to make phone calls for Mitt to OH.

I was on the DenverPost today…. I’m a Peyton fan and went to talk football. First thing I saw was a headline on the main page talking about obummer ripping romney for his tax plan. I was arguing with some libs on there all day. One clown said for him it’s either ron Paul’s pure capitalist health care plan or obummer’s single payer!

Where do they find these morons?? I only wish he’d move to Cali or Europe!

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Its 100 proof… its clear… its not sweet mint like creme de menthe ( which I think tastes remarkably like polmolive or mouthwash) its like icy-fire… and clean tasting. Its actually quite smooth… especially after the first shot, LOL!…

I discovered it in Northern Minnesota in a cabin on the river in the dead of winter! It was about 40 below outside… frozen solid… and the sky was remarkably clear and the sun was shining…. there was a fresh snow fall of light powder… the sunlight was dazzling on the snow…. after a few shots… we went outside to make snow angels! :)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Good Night angrymike,Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

OOPS! I Did It Again! ( Not what you think!)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

This is a primo Lounge song!..:)

Dire Straits on August 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Isn’t that the one they are playing on the Chevy commercial during the worst telecast of the Olympics ever, imho?

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

More Lounge

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Great pic jpeterman. Thanks for sharing. My wife and mom will really appreciate it!

LevinFan on August 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Goodnight, Mike! Sleep well! The weekend is very near, now!:)

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I may have to give it a tumble sometime, angrymike says I’ll end up in jail. Lol! I hope it’s not that good. I’d rather end up making the snow angels.

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

MM, I’m afraid for your kid’s future too. I assure you, most people will do their best to make sure the WH has someone in it next January that will protect their futures as we would.
Sleep well.

AllahsNippleHair on August 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Excellent..I agree 100%..Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on August 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Baby, stop it—-you naughty girl. OK, tell me more. :)

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM

That’s hysterical, Scrumpy! LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

More Lounge

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Now you know I love some Julie, thank you for that. ; )

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Arnold! You chose the path with the content warning! LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

good night all……;-)

angrymike on August 10, 2012 at 1:22 AM

‘Nite angrymike

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I love that.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

That’s hysterical, Scrumpy! LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Awwww shucks, yer just bein’ nice lol… it’s a crazy song and the guy has to be high! I kill myself laughing every time I watch it..

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Drink it in good company… like Mrs. Bmore… and forget about the car keys… and you’ll be fine!

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Bmore on August 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

My pleasure.

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:36 AM

arnold ziffel on August 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Yes sir that is the one!..:)

PS..Here is you JS tune..One of my favs..:)

Dire Straits on August 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Max Raabe is one of my favorites! He does a lot of comedy in his tunes.. but he’s also one of the best at 1920′s and 1930′s styling I’ve ever seen or heard. By the way, I like Julie, too!

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

This is a rib tickler!!! Gut blaster!!

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Tainted Love

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM

More Lounge

jaime on August 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:37 AM

ROFL!

thatsafactjack on August 10, 2012 at 1:41 AM

ok one brit classic… ready for it:

Scrumpy on August 10, 2012 at 1:41 AM