Reports: Romney’s VP choices down to Portman, Pawlenty, and Ryan

posted at 7:00 pm on August 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

NBC reported it first and the Weekly Standard’s hearing the same thing, but the Standard’s also wishcasting Christie into the picture as a dark horse. No doubt, the nastiness of the last week has improved his odds insofar as he’d be the ultimate attack-dog pick. But unless I missed something since Monday, there’s been no hard evidence of Christie’s stock rising. Even his closest advisors sound skeptical. My gut says he’s not seriously being considered.

So then there were three. Looking forward to hearing someone from Team Mitt explain later why Bobby Jindal wasn’t one of them.

We can say with a high degree of confidence that Mitt Romney’s vice-presidential pick has largely come down to three men: former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan. And it’s more than possible that Romney has already made up his mind. All three VP finalists bring something different to the table. Pawlenty is the loyal outsider, who would enable a Romney-Pawlenty ticket to run as former governors vowing to take on Washington; Pawlenty also potentially would add some blue-collar appeal to the ticket. Portman would be the insider, someone who knows the ways of Washington and who could help govern starting on Day 1. And Ryan would be the crusader, who wants to substantially transform America’s entitlement programs and who would excite a good portion of the GOP’s conservative base. Indeed, Ryan has emerged a VERY REAL possibility, but he also brings the most risk. If Romney selects him, it’s more than conceivable that the dominant campaign discussion in the fall won’t be the economy — but rather the deficit and Medicare. Of course, there was already a good chance the Ryan plan will get plenty attention regardless of Romney’s VP pick.

Who’d help Romney the most of those three? Nate Silver says it’s Portman, reasoning that even though he’d have an exceedingly modest effect on how Ohio votes — likely no more than a point — the state is split evenly enough that picking him could make the difference, which might in turn tip the electoral college. Rubio, interestingly, is popular enough that he’d add more than two points to Romney’s take in Florida, but Silver reasons that if a Republican can’t win Florida on his own in this climate, he’s probably sunk nationally. Hmmmmm. Even if that’s true, what if Rubio adds enough Latino support in swing states, like Colorado, to tip one of those too?

Anyway. Too early for predictions? Byron York thinks it’ll be Portman, which is the safe bet, and safe bets are always smart when it comes to Romney. I’m sticking with my prediction that it’s Pawlenty — I think Romney ultimately will balk at the “Romney = Bush” ammo that picking Portman would hand The One — but I do think there’s something to the rumors that Ryan’s odds are increasing. Romney’s campaign seems flat lately; the idea that economic doldrums are enough on their own to get him elected seems less credible than it used to. And the less credible it looks, the less there is to lose in gambling on a “Big Vision” campaign down the stretch. Think Mitt has the stones to do that? I’m not convinced, so T-Paw it is.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Squish, squish, and more squish. RINO squish never wins and this year will be no different.

bgibbs1000 on August 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

if Romney plans to shift to the center personally.

johnt on August 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

From the left?…

Gohawgs on August 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

sorry…that should be:

I’m still betting on McDonnell until I hear otherwise.

SouthernGent on August 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

ಠ_ಠ

JetBoy on August 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

West or Patraeus……….

and whichever it ain’t…..should then be SecDef.

RealMc on August 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM

NEWT!

El_Terrible on August 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

If it weren’t for the “bad blood” between them, I’d say “HANG YEAH !”

listens2glenn on August 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Give me Pat Paulsen or give me death.

bgibbs1000 on August 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

It’s none of these guys. the media is going to get toasted again

Conservative4ev on August 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

If Romney doesn’t walk back his talking up of his healthcare plan in Massachusetts that’s a sign that he might be picking Ryan. Conservatives are pissed but a Ryan pick would balance things out if Romney plans to shift to the center personally.

johnt on August 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM

A Ryan pick will mean nothing to conservatives and if Romney were to move to the center he would have to move to the right to get there.

bgibbs1000 on August 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Nooooooooooooooooo Not the P’s…agh!!

BeachBum on August 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I like Ryan. But I can see Romney being scared that he’d attract too much media attention. Perhaps that’s not a bad thing. It’s certainly a risk.

MrX on August 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Nooooooooooooooooo! Rubio, the 2 R’s!

Bambi on August 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

You really have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency.—-Mitt Romney at some Town Hall in about 60 days.

thank you genius gop, you suck again.

PappyD61 on August 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Why do I hear Johnny Mac screaming in my head…….

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS !!!!!”

What the freak ? The VP job is a dead end freakin ambassador type job ! Why can’t people get this through their head-

Take Ryan out of the house- and kill his career ?… He’s the only guy with the balls to fight these liberal aholes- just so he can do a few state dinners and go to some funerals and some cabinet meeting sit ins ?
This is beyond stupid.

Take a swing state Senator out of the mix in a necessary senate seat –
Beyond stupid, as well.

Pawlenty – I don’t even know why his name even mentioned.

Seriously.

FlaMurph on August 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Ryan. Hands down.

Portman: Too boring. Why?

Pawlenty: Better than Portman, that’s about all I can say.

Of course my first choice would be Rubio.

wildcat72 on August 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Ryan is my top choice as well. You can’t play not to lose. And the entitlement reform needs to be a winning issue for us. The majority of seniors take more than three times what they have put into it.

The bottom line is do we want to be a nation of takers or makers? Let’s have that battle.

And I don’t like either Portman or Pawlenty. Too bad RINO’s. If I had to pick though I’d say Portman b/c at least he could help in Ohio.

LevinFan on August 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I think I will just wait and see.

Maybe Jindal did not want the job.

Terrye on August 8, 2012 at 7:49 PM

It’s Rubio or mcdonnell

Conservative4ev on August 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Swell. /s The only one I like is Ryan. Figures.

totherightofthem on August 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Personally I would like Allen West, Jindal or Rubio

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

This is beyond stupid.

Take a swing state Senator out of the mix in a necessary senate seat –
Beyond stupid, as well.

Pawlenty – I don’t even know why his name even mentioned.

Seriously.

FlaMurph on August 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

If any of these people think this job will end their career, all they have to do is say no.

Terrye on August 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I’m not blaming Palin for the loss…just sayin’ the smart thing for Mitt to do is pick a veep that won’t outshine him on the campaign trail.

JetBoy on August 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

That might be impossible.

idesign on August 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Harder than walking on water … seriously. : (

listens2glenn on August 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

IS it just me…or does there seem to be a genuine hysteria in the media regarding Romney’s VP choice? Speculation is rampant!

I’d like to ask them… new in town? We have this issue come up with every presidential election.

thatsafactjack on August 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM

And maybe I missed it but is Chik-Fil-A’s ownership Catholic?

JetBoy on August 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM

No. Baptist.

faraway on August 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

thatsafactjack on August 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM

It’s called fear

Conservative4ev on August 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

If you believe that these three guys are the finalists, then you also probably believe that Mitt will make his VP announcement on Thursday or Friday. Time will tell, quickly.

Lawdawg86 on August 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

If it’s Portman, we’re done. DONE.

I have friends working for the Romney outreach in Ohio. They even know it’s Mission: Impossible to sell the reasoning behind Portman.

Portman is an admission that Romney is banking on the Anybody But Obama momentum to carry him over the line.

F That.

budfox on August 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Please just let it be Rubio! If it’s not Rubio AND Sarah is snubbed at the convention, I’m not voting.

Jackalope on August 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

No matter who he picks, people will complain, it is inevitable.

Terrye on August 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

It’s Rubio or mcdonnell

Conservative4ev on August 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Yep, with an outside chance of Christie.

Lawdawg86 on August 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Jackalope on August 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

That is dumb. Rubio has said time and again that he does not even want this, and he is very young. He has a long future in front of him.

Has Sarah Palin endorsed Romney as of yet?

Terrye on August 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

ELECTABLE. MITT ROMNEY THE ONLY GOP CANDIDATE THAT IS ELECTABLE IN NOVEMBER.

bgibbs1000 on August 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Headfake? For a campaign that’s held everything so close to the vest, why release a final 3, making it even easier for the opposition to vet these guys?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being Jindal or Rubio.

GOPRanknFile on August 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Could be. We’ve had Drudge saying a few days ago that Romney would be campaigning with his VP nominee in Florida, which suggests Rubio. There were also noises about David Petraeus, who (like Romney) has a house in New Hampshire.

NBC is the most liberal (and hostile to Romney and Republicans) of the “alphabet” networks, and they’re busy with the Olympics, so Romney might be throwing these names out there as “trial balloons” so that NBC loses the scoop when the real nominee is announced.

Of those three names, Ryan would probably help Romney more than Portman or Pawlenty, although Portman might help Romney in Ohio and with foreign policy.

Other than the Olympics, there’s not much going on in the political world in early August, so everybody in the media is trying to get attention by speculating on Romney’s running mate. But there’s really no advantage for Romney in choosing a VP nominee this early–the story would get swamped in Olympic coverage, and too many people are on vacation and not paying attention. He’s better off prolonging the suspense until just before the convention, after the Olympics are over, when people ARE paying attention, to get a bigger “bounce” from the selection.

It also gives Romney more time to “vet” the possible candidates, and talk to both advisors and ordinary voters about whom THEY would prefer, while keeping the media guessing (we’ve already had 5 guesses this week).

GOPRanknFile could be right–Romney might surprise us with Jindal or Rubio, both of whom could bring the Tea Party on board, while reaching out beyond “white” voters. Or maybe another choice nobody has really considered…like maybe John Bolton?

Steve Z on August 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM

The GOP has a hankering for some pandering. It will be Rubio.

xblade on August 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Headfake.
Just hoping it’s someone with spunk.
ANYONE could handle Plugs in a debate.
Not everyone can fire up the base.

pambi on August 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Has Sarah Palin endorsed Romney as of yet?

Terrye on August 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Most of the base haven’t really endorsed Romney yet, so why should she?

sharrukin on August 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Could always be another governor who Team Romney has successfully kept off the media’s radar. What’s Dave Heineman up to in these next few weeks?

Lawdawg86 on August 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM

If it’s Portman, we’re done. DONE.

F That.

budfox on August 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Anybody But Obama is all he’s got going for him.

flyfisher on August 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM

People are smoking crack if they think Romney will pick either Paul Ryan or Chris Christie. Romney isn’t going to pick Ryan because he knows the Obama folks would hammer him with the Medicare stuff. Romney isn’t going to pick Christie because he’s too crazy.

SoulGlo on August 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I want Paul Ryan!!!

lizzieillinois on August 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Pawlenty – I don’t even know why his name even mentioned.

Seriously.

FlaMurph on August 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I couldn’t agree more. Pawlenty inspires no one. This is the same guy who bowed out after the first freakin’ straw poll. No thanks. We need someone with a spine.

ncconservative on August 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Also, could someone please explain to me why, if Mitt was willing to take on the baggage of the Bush years, he would pick Portman over Daniels?

Daniels has successfully served as governor of a Midwestern state that went for Obama in ’08 for two terms, and would thus be able to better separate himself from D.C. Seriously, if he is willing to take on Portman’s baggage, why not just go with Daniels instead???

Lawdawg86 on August 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Really, down to these three? Why? Is Romney trying to lose.

aigle on August 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

OH, WAIT!!!………. ALVIN GREENE! :)

ThePrez on August 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Take a swing state Senator out of the mix in a necessary senate seat –
Beyond stupid, as well.

That’s not a valid reason to reject Rubio. If Rubio was Romney’s VP nominee, he could either:

Win election as VP, cast the deciding vote in case of ties in the Senate, and be replaced by someone appointed by Florida’s Republican Governor Scott.

Lose election as VP, and continue to serve in the Senate for another four years (Obama’s second term) before having to run for re-election in 2016.

In either case, Rubio would fulfill his role as a Republican Senator!

Steve Z on August 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Jackalope on August 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM

What is this high school??

We need to defeat obama period.

As much as a RINO pick would irritate me, I’ll support Romney no matter what. I’m not embracing him, I’m embracing the need to defeat the worst president in history!

LevinFan on August 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Terrye on August 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Mitt needs Palin more than Palin needs Mitt. So Mitt should extend an olive branch, not the other way around.

SparkPlug on August 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM

This is looking as exciting as the RNC lineup, ugh.

Bobby Jindal is the best pick all around. Allen West would also be exciting and would make the left’s heads spin like the Exorcist.

No more white bread safe picks!

Common Sense on August 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Common Sense on August 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM

You don’t like Ryan?

LevinFan on August 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Pawlenty – I don’t even know why his name even mentioned.

Seriously.

FlaMurph on August 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

ncconservative on August 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Yep. Anyone with a brain knew TPaw was toast from the word go. And then he bows out after the first straw poll. Gawd.

SparkPlug on August 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

A little over a week ago I thought Romney could pick Mickey Mouse and still win, now I think Mickey Mouse would be an improvement over Romney.

bgibbs1000 on August 8, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Landslide victory for Obama. Pub. party is dead, DOA and will never hold power again. Pat Buchanan made a good argument for why the Pub. party is dead in an article last week.

We had a discussion about this a few weeks ago, when another poster and myself spoke about this, we were told to get lost because we were just a bunch of negative RINO squishes. I don’t agree with Buchanan on much of anything, but he’s hit the nail on the head. The only thing that caught me off guard was I figured that we might have another generation before it came true, but it appears to be happening already. Hopefully, I’m wrong, but the fact that Obama is still riding high enough in the polls to win tells me I might not be. It is going to be extremely difficult hill to climb for any Republican presidential candidate, be they moderate or conservative, from here on out.

JFS61 on August 8, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Terrye on August 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Just sayin- whomever gets selected, will have a hard time saying no, and will convince themselves that maybe they could be the batter on deck. Maybe one day they will have a chance to hit the game winning home run. Then reality will show up.

Unfortunately the liberal media will make sure that guy/gal never gets to bat. And they will throw at him, hard- even while he’s in the on-deck circle. His future will begin to be discredited on day two. And then one day he/she gets to be shredded in a primary contest for the top spot- if their still standing.

Sorry for the baseball analogy- but that’s the political game. And all this BS talk about “balance on the ticket”, co-presidency BS and “moving Mitt to the center with a conservative choice” is just poppycock supposition gleened from watching/listening to too many political “pundits” spouting the drivel for their freakin share numbers and advertisers.

Don’t waste a good player, needed badly on the field, for a temporary pinch hitting job.

Again- its a job Joe Biden has. Stop pretending the VP job matters.

FlaMurph on August 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

If Romney picks Pawlenty he loses the election. I guarantee it.

He is the only guy mentioned that could make Biden look statesman like by his complete lack of gravitas. I always hear how nice a guy Pawlenty is and how blue collar voters like him, well i think he is a gutless weenie who inspires zero confidence in Romney as a decision maker….and im a blue collar guy.

Pawlenty is the one of the worst politicians i have ever seen run for President, that alone should disqualify him from national office.

Romney seems like a Dole, McCain type loser so far this campaign and picking a weak spineless type like Pawlenty as his VP would solidify that in the minds of undecided voters, throwing the election to the worst President of the modern era.

Pawlenty is a giant dark cloud.

Romney cannot be that dumb.

alecj on August 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Here we go. More Rubio nonesense. He just got to the senate two freaking years ago and has done nothing but run his mouth. He has zilch exeperience to be president. It sounds, as I’ve said before, familiar.

Stray Cat on August 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM

When Mitt first told Ann he wanted to run for president, I’m sure she asked with who. Mitts a loyal kinda guy so I think the answer is the same now as it was in 2007. My guess T Pawlenty

meci on August 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

The VP should be ready to step in if the worst should happen. Rubio fails that basic test.

McDuck on August 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

The Romney Short Short List for VP choices:

Boring, Dull, and Paul Ryan…. Sorry but I don’t think a Paul Ryan choice creates the same excitement as a Bobby Jindal, or Marco Rubio, or Allen West, or countless others…

We need a FIGHTER for VP… Dick Cheney was a FIGHTER….
Why are we going the route of EPIC Wussy Lunacy Romney?

Varchild on August 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM

McDuck on August 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

And somehow Barack Obama passes it with flying colors?
Joe Biden????

Give me a break… Marco Rubio is far more ready to be President of the United States than Mitt Romney even.

Varchild on August 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

If Romney is this stupid to pick one of these three .Then he deserved what he gets.No conservative base support.

In any other election year, you might be right. I don’t want any of the 3 either (I wanted Rubio for President but would settle for VP) but to think Romney won’t get the support of the Republican base in this election is very shortsighted.

The base will be highly motivated to throw Zero out of office above all else regardless as to who Romney picks for VP. People will be crawling out of the woodwork to vote against 0bama more than they’ll be coming out to vote for Romney. It’s a sad statement about politics in today’s America that these are the two guys we have to choose from.

Remember that a lot of voters thought Reagan wasn’t conservative enough. Reagan didn’t become !!! REAGAN !!! until later. I’m holding on to a very thin amount of hope that Romney proves to be a better conservative than he’s shown but most of the base’s motivation is throwing the Marxist out of office. Make no mistake about that.

slug on August 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Hell Mitt should just Joe Lieberman. Makes as much sense as Portman, Pawlenty or Ryan.

bgibbs1000 on August 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Lawdawg86 on August 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

You’ll find your answer right here. Daniels gave an emphatic no with this decision.

ncconservative on August 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I’m not thrilled about Pawlenty either but he was a pretty good Governor.

There are worse picks.

gophergirl on August 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Could be a headfake, but I’ll wait for the announcement.

Jindal all the way….

Philly on August 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM

A Pawlenty VP announcement will have the life sucking power of Stuxnet on the Hot Air comments section.

AmeriCuda on August 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM

It’s Rubio or mcdonnell

Conservative4ev on August 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Yep, with an outside chance of Christie.

Lawdawg86 on August 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Christie just signed the teacher tenure bill here today. But here in Jersey we really don’t want him to leave. He,s almost at 60% approval here

Conservative4ev on August 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Ryan.

It’s a no-brainer.

Bruno Strozek on August 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM

It better be Ryan. We need someone — anyone! — with some stones and some ideas.

Punchenko on August 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Establishment ticket through and through. No surprise.

Bmore on August 8, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I want Paul Ryan!!!

lizzieillinois on August 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Me too.

magicbeans on August 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I vote for T-Paw and in all honesty, I don’t care what Hot Air masses think of it. I want boring. In last four years, I had so much excitement coming out Washington that my rear entry is sore.

And what’s the freakin’ alternative? Portman screams Bush and will be missed in the Senate. Ryan supported TARP and will be missed in the Senate. I wanted Jindal or Martinez but if I’m not getting them, it’s Paw-in-Mitten ticket for me.

Archivarix on August 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I think a governor would be a good choice. I prefer McDonnell if Jindal is out of the running.

Philly on August 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Most likely to be Ryan. Anyone see this today? Ryan budget plan gets 52% approval in democrat poll.

Rational Thought on August 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM

GOP convention: 18 days
Dem convention: 24 days
1st presidential debate: 54 days
VP debate: 63 days
2nd presidential debate: 68 days
3rd presidential debate: 74 days
Election Day: 89 days

Bmore on August 8, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Romney has probably already lost the election with his pathetic responses to the Obama attacks over the last month.

When Obama essentially called Romney a murderer in a recent TV ad, Romney’s rtesponse was that Obama didn’t want to talk about the ecomomy. No outrage, no emotion, just plain pablum. And Romney’s press secretary doubled down on the cowardice of the Romney campaign by suggesting that if the woman in the TV ad had lived in Massachusetts, Romneycare would have taken care of her.

Where did Romney find these idiots to run his campaign?

An now Hot Air is predicting that Pawlenty will be his VP choice. Pawlenty makes Portman look like a rock star! A Romney/Pawlenty ticket is about as exciting as watching paint dry. No wonder 18 to 29 year olds favor Obama over Romney by 3 to 1.

RUDYJ on August 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Varchild on August 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

??

a capella on August 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

In this case, I think Jindal’s public health policy creds would help a lot. Oh, well…

a capella on August 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Yeah. Last time, I picked Palin before McCain did, so maybe I’ll get lucky and Romney will choose Jindal after all.

Lightswitch on August 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Jindal, please!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Pawlenty: BORING.
Portman : WHO? BORING.

Ryan: yes, if these are the three, definitely Ryan! He’s smart and bold!

What happened to Rubio?

Mark7788 on August 9, 2012 at 12:34 AM

If true–Romney has just sentenced this country to unrecoverable socialism!!!!

MaiDee on August 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM

And what creditability does NBC have ? Rubio is the best choice. Elected statewide in FL, an essential state, former Speaker of that state’s House, can speak with a smile while decimating Mao and can take the heat surely on its way.

democratsarefools on August 9, 2012 at 11:14 AM

It’ll be Rob Portman because of THIS. You don’t change/fix/edit a bunch of crap before announcing anyone as your VP pick unless he is the VP pick. The average, low-information voter will search “Rob Portman” with Google and Wiki will be the first link to come up.

ManWithNoName on August 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Well, if it is Portman, it will be like watching paint dry until the election and another obstacle for Romney to overcome.

I can only hope that Romney is about to announce some cabinet choices as well and so the updating process has picked up on a number of wiki pages.

I would hope that Romney would pick someone who could balance his less than exciting personality. Someone with fire in the belly.

Portman would be like taking a dose of Pepto-Bismol.

BMF on August 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM

“VP choices down to Portman, Pawlenty, and Ryan”

Hmm. Ok I could vote for a Mitt Romney/Natalie Portman ticket.

Kevin M on August 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Romney supporter Ann Coulter just imploded from her support of Mitt Romney. Why in the world would Portman, Pawlenty, or Ryan want to risk that?

DannoJyd on August 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM