Video: Chick-fil-A drive-through worker forgives jackass who lectured her

posted at 5:23 pm on August 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

To no one’s surprise, she’s just as gracious as she was in the Backfire Heard ‘Round the World. But then, that’s all part of the pattern in the developing “dignified innocents victimized by unbelievable jackasses” YouTube genre. Step one: A dignified innocent is indeed victimized by one or more unbelievable jackasses while someone, possibly the jackass himself, records the whole thing. Step two: A nation reels at the sight of such jackassery and marvels at why the culprit thought uploading the clip was a good idea. Step three: The jackass is roundly shamed and vilified, inevitably excessively by some viewers. Step four: Someone starts a “vacation fund” online for the victim. Step five: The jackass apologizes and the victim is interviewed by sympathetic major media outlets who reassure her that she is loved.

We’ve been here before, my friends. We’ll be here again. When will the jackasses learn?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

she was more embarrassed at the thought of government dependency than working handing out french fries and milk shakes. for her the sad choice was welfare not hard work.

that’s because she was brought up right- with values , self respect, and an incredible work ethic.

mittens on August 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

What’s more embarrassing? Accepting WIC, or being an unmarried, single mother?

Frankly, I think it should be the latter, but the times, they are a changing…

ladyingray on August 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Did many business owners grow up with government help in the way of housing assistance, food stamps, and student loans? YES

They certainly did NOT build that success on their own – they’ve had tons of help on the way.

inthemiddle on July 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM

rogerb on August 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Forgot to add: It has nothing to do with her occupation, and everything to do with her employer.

Two Minutes Hate.

rogerb on August 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

was – was NOT

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Are you pleading ignorance on this one? Because saying she’s only skilled in handing out food is the very definition of a put down, especially when you have no reason to believe that what you’re saying is true.

Esthier on August 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM

“I had a strong work ethic, was nice to people, forgiving and always tried to remain cheerful. Until I got in that damn Olds w/Teddy”
Zombie Mary Jo Kopeckne.

hutch1200 on August 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

She represents all that is good in America.

What a sweet, dignified, professional and patient woman. Everything I wish I could be.

She will go very far in life.

Key West Reader on August 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Seems like a nice woman. That her only skill in life is handing out fried food makes me feel sad for her.

inthemiddle

Would you so insult people with Down’s, inthemiddle?

I bet you would, then fight a case in favor of your precious Obama, even though such a possible Down’s person is doing just fine without you.

You, inthemiddle–just like the rest of your kind–have no real heart. You have your personal politics, your own preconceived notions that apply only from one instant to the next.

Liberals, and most obviously you, are incapable of seeing the bigger picture or a possible better future.

BTW–how went that big CFA kiss-in you bragged about organizing, that YOU were going to find nice Christian Conservative families to offend. And, by extension, shock and (hope to later gay-recruit) their children?

How did that work, there?

My understanding is that, nationwide, it was a flop.

Tell us all! How did that work out for you?

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

hawkdriver on August 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Don’t let the intensity fade.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 7:03 PM

..that said, don’t you just love it when these ninnies walk into a free fire zone with targets strapped to their backs?

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM

What, exactly, are you “in the middle” of? Getting your doctorate in stupid?

BD57 on August 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I lol’d.

29Victor on August 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

The only reason this clown apologized is because his little plan backfired & he was shown what an a$$ hole he is! I do not feel sorry for him losing his job he deserved it. What a schmuck!

Confederate on August 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

It’s her job, not her vocation. None of us have any real idea what her “real skills in life” actually are.

She appears to have charity and good grace, however, which puts her ahead of plenty of her countrymen, including a few on this thread.

The_Jacobite on August 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

inthemiddle

What is wrong with you?

Key West Reader on August 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Have you ever thought that maybe she works there because she wants to? Maybe she is married and just supplementing their income with flexible hours or a college student that is paying her way though. What a pig!

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Actually, she is getting married soon. Her fiance posted their wedding registry in a comment here:

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on August 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Your Mamma loves me on August 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I think you mistake that for pity.

But speaking of of moms, how is your’s new job at the club in Tokyo working out? Bet she is really thrashed at the end of the night.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM

davidk on August 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

rogerb on August 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Could be.
How did liberal4life finally get banned?

22044 on August 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

But people who’s only skill in life is handing out cups of hot water with brown grit in it are somehow superior in every way imaginable.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

@inthemiddle:

I’m sure you didn’t get your thoughts all your own. HuffPo, Obama, and all the Left gave them to you.

I know humans do that a lot, but there are certain birds that do the same thing.

They’re called parrots.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Well clearly not all the jackasses in the world have a car and video camera. You’re just jealous.

Keep in mind (other than in the fictional biographies of Obama where a low-level analyst job portrays Obama as a Wall Street Mogul who gives it all up to be true to himself or something) most of us do not start off in our dream jobs. But some of us don’t even try. Life must be pretty sweet in your mom’s basement inthemiddle.

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM

pu$$yontheleft on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Sometimes trash really shows itself for what it is. You know, sport. When you finish that Poli Sci degree with the rest of the retards in your class, you will officially be a step behind this young woman.

Chump

MNHawk on August 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I work in customer service, and, sadly, the general public is rude.

SouthernGent on August 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I saw it as a pretty decent thread goin’ ’til the internet terrorist barged in with a spewicide vest and let it go.

With all their hatred they couldn’t win in 2004. They got lucky in 2008 with a demoralized opposition. Now they are desperate and using infiltrators to split opposing factions. Those who love the founding principles of this great nation must hang together even if some must hold their noses to beat back those who wish to irrevocably send us down the path to tyranny.

They have started to paint Romney as a fire breathing right-wing religious zealot. Any body with two brain cells to rub together knows he is not. There can be no quarter given in this battle even when the enemy is caught and begs for mercy. inthemiddle only apologized because she was caught in the act. Even her first try at an apology showed her true colors. If let go, she will return to her lying twisting ways.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I do not feel sorry for him losing his job he deserved it. What a schmuck!

Confederate on August 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Well, I feel sorry for him. What kind of an idiot so easily identifies himself on a hate video? He went from gloating how good he felt screaming at Rachel to a blind apology and a need to find a job in the Obama depression. That must have been one awesome cup of water! I wonder what his wife thinks.

Rachel and CFA come off looking great. Jackass- not so much.

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM

How did liberal4life finally get banned?

22044 on August 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Mormon thread.

Bmore on August 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Freaking lol Cozmo, spewicide vest. Dude, tell me you coined that yourself.

hawkdriver on August 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I do believe that “inthemiddle” got schooled and slithered under a nearby rock…

ladyingray on August 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I work in customer service, and, sadly, the general public is rude.

SouthernGent on August 7, 2012 at 7:32 PM

That works both ways.

One of the things I love about Chick-Fil-A is the customer service. You get a person taking your order who actually engages with you instead of the typical McDonald’s employee that mumbles something in your general direction and then waits to punch the buttons to take your order.

Happy Nomad on August 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Hey Red curtains match the carpet, or are there bare floors?

Your Mamma loves me on August 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

PIG!

Take your trash to your liberal sites.

Barred on August 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

hawkdriver on August 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Well, I thought suicide vest was a bit harsh. They may have the conviction, but not the huevos to do something that rash.

But man, they are getting me worked up for November. As are the “we must destroy it in order to save it” ABR’s.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Too funny!

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I do believe that “inthemiddle” got schooled and slithered under a nearby rock…

ladyingray on August 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

But she’ll be back another time on a different thread, doing the same thing as before. She didn’t get schooled. She was defeated. But it’s a sure bet she’ll be back the same as always as if tonight never happened.

It’s the American liberal way!

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM

inthemiddle is one of those that squats to crap in the woods and falls back in it.

docflash on August 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Man, I must be one of the few conservatives–if I’m allowed to call myself that after saying this–that didn’t think Smith was all that rude.

Yes, he was a presumptuous liberal … but I repeat myself. My goodness the guy can’t even go to his house because of all this crap?! When does the outrage factory change shifts?

Rachel was outstanding, no doubt. And continues to be outstanding. But what I saw on Youtube was a awkward exchange of points of view followed by some awkward attempts at repairing the rift.

Oh, and inthemiddle, there is such a skill as “customer service”. So think before you say things.

People express that they don’t know if they could forgive the guy–let’s hope Christianity still mean something after we win if we fight for it like that? (Christianity being one of the conservative values, and specifically my chief one.)

Conservatives walk around spouting “Liberalism is a mental disorder”, okay if that be the case, how would Jesus want us to treat the disabled?

Axeman on August 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM

How did liberal4life finally get banned?

22044 on August 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Why did libfreeonsociety’sproducingclass renege on his “self-banishment”?

CW on August 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM

But she’ll be back another time on a different thread,

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM

She wore out her quota of tolerance a while back.

Its no use to communicate with that one any more.

With inthemiddle, the only action is to engage and flame on sight.

There is no other option.

It takes effort away from locating all her noob comrades that have been showing up lately. She may be sacrificing (figuratively) herself to help them.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM

LoL

jaime on August 7, 2012 at 7:54 PM

So is this guy working for Van Jones, the Southern Poverty Law Center, or tenured prof @ Berkley yet? Isn’t there a “Jacka$$ Studies” Major?

hutch1200 on August 7, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I truly apology for offending Rachel or any posters here for my poor choice of words. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who work hard to carve their path in life. I wish Rachel much success going forward for a bright future.

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Did your handlers get to you? Too many leftists learning the hard way that hateful treatment of average citizens destroys any chance for promoting your positions? You are a spiteful little creature that came from the same mold as Adam Smith.

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Why did libfreeonsociety’sproducingclass renege on his “self-banishment”?

CW on August 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM

He’s mantic. He has to come here. He was DeathToMediaHacks and banned and yet, just can’t stay away. I think he’s hot on one of the guys here.

hawkdriver on August 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Your Mamma loves me on August 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I didn’t know they let inmates in the penitentiary onto the internet.

Probably in the same prison its mamma’s in.

jaime on August 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

She wore out her quota of tolerance a while back.

Its no use to communicate with that one any more.

With inthemiddle, the only action is to engage and flame on sight.

There is no other option.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I don’t engage that one, or most other liblets. I mock her/him/it–whatever it is–every chance I get based on their own words and actions.

I don’t have to be partisan against a lib; I don’t need to debate with them. All I need is to let them spew long enough, then use their own posts to make my point against them and their precious Obama. After all, it is clear their writings and fervent posts in favor of their boy-king are indicative of Obama himself.

inthemiddle and the other trolls may not officially speak for Obama, but they show his character as much as they show their own.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

How did liberal4life finally get banned?

22044 on August 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Decided to pop off about Romney the Mormon on a topic that I don’t believe was about Romney or Mormons—-plus I think once in awhile the mods just do it because they’ve had enough.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM

What an amazing person she is..very christlike to forgive like this..

sadsushi on August 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM

What’s more embarrassing? Accepting WIC, or being an unmarried, single mother?

Frankly, I think it should be the latter, but the times, they are a changing…

ladyingray

my mother was legally married (and in the catholic church no less) to my father for 12 years . i was born 2 years into their marriage so the answer is: my mother was not an unwed single mother so your question has no relevance to our situation or my mother’s morals. i’m nearly 50 so this didn’t happen within this century….

i can’t tell if you are questioning whether i am a bastard and our misfortune was my mother’s fault or just opining about the modern world and the prevalence of single unwed mothers which has absolutely no bearing on my mother whatsoever.

it’s my father who should be the one full of shame for abandoning his wife and child.

mittens on August 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Axeman on August 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I would agree with you except that he started trying to shame her personally for doing such a hateful thing as having a job at Chick-fil-A. At that point if I were standing next to him I would tell him to STFU and move along. He used Rachel as a prop in his little hate play and definitely deserves the scorn he has received for it. The threats, which I do believe are occurring because of the scale of this thing, are certainly to be condemned. And anyone caught making a threat deserves whatever derision, or prosecution under the law that may apply, that comes their way.

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM

This is part of Smith’s interview with TheBlaze:

* He has lost his job as Chief Financial Officer at Vante. (Smith claims that he was not given a chance to really explain himself before being terminated)

* His family has been threatened with violence and death. (At one point, his email account was getting 3 messages a minute, mostly vulgar and threatening)

* Because his home address was made public, he cannot live in his house. (And Mr. Smith is a married father of four – two of his children are adopted, special needs kids.)

* Smith said that his original intent was to follow guidelines laid out in an online video, which included quoting a scripture.

I don’t think I’m buying all this, especially point #4.

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

How did liberal4life finally get banned?

22044 on August 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I remember that. It was for repeatedly putting up the same comment about Mitt Romney’s Mormonism on threads that were totally unrelated to that. Ed finally brought down the hammer and put a stop to that.

NukeRidingCowboy on August 7, 2012 at 8:24 PM

It’s sad when a person who has a job and does it well is looked down on. It’s somehow okay to sit on your butt and collect welfare and get your nails done while talking on your cell phone.

TXMomof3 on August 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM

That would be an Obama cell phone handed out to the same welfare recipient too lazy to work. Surprised Obama hasn’t had a free nail program yet.

And btw, Rachel could be in a Breck commercial (if they still make Breck)

TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I don’t think I’m buying all this, especially point #4.

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Actually point 4 is probably the only that we can feel fairly confident is true. The video in question is not a pro-Christiian video. It is a lousy attempt at the same old cliched misreading of the Bible my those oh so clever hipsters.

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Then you must be a New Yorker. Smith was over-the-top rude and confrontational.

Go cry me a river

Then watch the video again in full-screen mode and pay attention this time. Rachel is visibly upset from the beginning of Smith’s tirade until the end.

The only sensible thing you said in your post.

Oh yeah, a huge “win” for our side. How naive are you, anyway?

Axeman on August 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Get ready: here it comes three more times:
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you dolt.

MisterElephant on August 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Oh, well that explains that. They couldn’t even get that right? Well, he certainly did get coal heaped on his head, didn’t he?

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I got arrested at chick-fil-a.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

That’s for sure. The most expensive cup of free water ever.

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I got arrested at chick-fil-a.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

For what? Were part of that disruptive news crew?

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I don’t think we really want to know…

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Bmore on August 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM

NukeRidingCowboy on August 7, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Thanks for the answers.

22044 on August 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Are schoolyard bullies ‘polite’, then, if they thank you after stealing your lunch money?

When liberals stop thinking it’s okay to go to a corporate executive’s house and terrorize his 15-year-old kid who’s home alone. And when they stop terrorizing workers and customers at a bank because they’re upset with the bank president.

And when liberals like OWS stop thinking they have a ‘right’ to close streets and bridges, to keep people from their jobs, grocery shopping, and getting to doctor appointments because a buch of rich kids who lean Left think they’re making a great ‘statement’ by offending others who have nothing to do with their politics.

That attacker of this innocent girl was NOT disabled. He is a liberal. And I for one don’t think liberals are disabled in any way. They’re quite and totally culpable, often with malice aforethought, for their actions.

I also totally ignore any liberal talking about Christ when they know nothing about Him. We Conservatives, on the other hand, know all we need to know about the icons of liberalism: Mao, Che, and Stalin–for openers.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Mormon thread.

Bmore on August 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thanks also.

rogerb on August 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

The liberal concept of Christians: “I forgive you while you rob my home and rape my wife and pre-teen daughter in front of me. Go right ahead!”

Liberals also truly believe I’d be a ‘bad’ Christian if I curse the criminal, get a gun, and kill the basturd if he tries.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

As someone who worked as a grocery store clerk in my teens, I defy you to work a job that requires standing on a concrete floor all day to “hand out fried food” (or whatever else) and NOT get fatigued and get many blisters on your feet. This may be an entry-level job, but it is NO less hard on your body than that of any factory worker (union or not). Trust me – standing all day on any hard floor surface is very hard on your body; especially your lumbar spine and feet.

P.S. As asked by many others here, how do you know this is Rachel’s entire skill set? You don’t, so STFU FFS.

MsUnderestimated on August 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Good on her. Classy.

Philly on August 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM

MsUnderestimated on August 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Just because liberals don’t know everything doesn’t mean they’re wrong.

Like the Boston Globe a few years ago with faked photos: “Well,” they defended, “the pics may be fake but that doesn’t mean they’re not accurate.”

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Rachel has given me renewed faith that the USA, **IS** worth fighting for!

May she and her future husband have a long, happy, successful life together.

Randy Larsen on August 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Having been a Sr. VP, government and public affairs, for a major corporation, I’m confident that they are well aware of this and are taking very good care of her. This is the kind of publicity that money cannot buy and I’m quite sure that we will see a lot more of Rachel in the days and weeks to come, all on CFA’s dime. If I were them, she would get a promotion to corporate in the customer relations area, training new associates on how it’s to be done at the windows and counters. A bright future for a deserving young lady, for sure.

TXUS on August 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM

agreed, thats exactly what I would do if I were in their shoes. you’re right, money can’t buy what she has done for the company image.

exceller on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

If she was black, you’d be perfectly fine with her handing you your fries.

CurtZHP on August 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

That is a sweet girl and a class act. Her fiance is one lucky guy.

The Count on August 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Mormon thread.

Bmore on August 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Another ‘self ban’ or the actual hammer???

BigWyo on August 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

inthemiddle,
What worthy task do you do?

rob verdi on August 7, 2012 at 5:41 PM

It claims to be a “college ‘professor’”.

Ain’t that a hoot?!

Solaratov on August 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Hey, inthemiddle, someone hacked your Hot Air password and is writing comments just to make you look bad. Just thought you should know.

blink on August 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

LOL!

Is chocolate supposed to sting when it shoots out of your nose?

Sterling Holobyte on August 8, 2012 at 1:16 AM

When will the jackasses learn?

That’s the thing. Jackasses and democrats(I know that is redundant) never learn.

Sterling Holobyte on August 8, 2012 at 1:18 AM

It’s people like this young woman that restore my faith in America. You will rise like a Phoenix once again USA.. despite all the dead weight on your back, I am looking forward to it!

saus on August 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

inthemiddle’s theme song… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ui_Q4qBDJY

Liam on August 8, 2012 at 2:28 AM

If they were capable of learning, they wouldn’t be jackasses.

Jim Treacher on August 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM

What, exactly, are you “in the middle” of? Getting your doctorate in stupid?

BD57 on August 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

ha, made my morning, thanks.

FineasFinn on August 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Is she an internet fund raising site millionaire yet? What a country!

pc on August 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM

What’s more embarrassing? Accepting WIC, or being an unmarried, single mother?

Frankly, I think it should be the latter, but the times, they are a changing…

ladyingray on August 7, 2012 at 7:16 PM

They are BOTH equally as embarrassing. There is nothing like saying “Hey, I was irresponsible not just once (getting pregnate) but TWICE (can’t take care of my child)!”

TturnP on August 8, 2012 at 9:06 AM

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I was variously a dishwasher, a waiter, a short order cook, and a barman when I was paying my way through college. Apologies for sounding like Hannity on that score.

I remember people like inthemiddle. Thankfully they were few and far between and I used to tell myself one day it’ll be me paying the bill. I resolved not behave little a little sh*t when it comes to service staff.

As someone who handed out some fried food for a living I can tell you it was well prepared, served on a clean plate, and I took real professional pride in the fact that it tasted pretty f*cking good!

CorporatePiggy on August 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Makes me wish I ran a company so I could hire her. Grace under pressure is a fantastic skill, whether you’re in customer relations or not.

GWB on August 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Another ‘self ban’ or the actual hammer???

BigWyo on August 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I did remember – it was the actual hammer.

22044 on August 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM

And that was definitely a low point, but c’mon, I expected that from a liberal. It doesn’t make it no big deal, but it doesn’t make it like he said “I’m glad your spokesman is dead” like thousands of liberals already did. He even tried to make as much a connection with her as he could muster.

Axeman on August 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM

LittleLiberals chime in with their affected pity. Are they annoyed she allowed herself to be insulted by a homosexual hater? Perhaps. Do they pity those who are on welfare for receiving it, as the unemployed numbers head up new records, thanks to their Obama and their own twisted politics?

arand on August 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Another ‘self ban’ or the actual hammer???

BigWyo on August 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

It was Trollnir, upside the head!

CurtZHP on August 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I surmise the people who fault this woman, the one who was insulted for no reason, are of the same persuasion as the insulter.
Twisted and perverse.

arand on August 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Dude your sense of balance is off. He didn’t threaten her. “Bullies” taking your lunch money have to at least threaten you–don’t they?

Hey the cause of conservatism will be advanced by your army of straw men!

So until then, we can’t acknowledge somebody that’s not doing that, that simply waits his turn in line for hours to “take” the cost of a free water from a company and then act like a pompous, but relatively civil, jerk.

That attacker of this innocent girl was NOT disabled.

Then you don’t understand how conditionals work: “If that be the case”. See I say a lot less things are definitely the case, and in the end I tend to notice the difference between a schoolyard bully saying “You should be ashamed not giving me money for my lunch” and a bully who says “Lunch money, punk,” who follows it up with “Thank you”. Noticing such cues allows me to differentiate between people–who I described as a “torch and pitchfork mob” at the time wondering around terrorizing people and picketing private homes and people getting a little hot at a drive thru.

Son, you can’t even identify what type of person you are rebuking.

Suddenly I’m left without a word of defense of Che, Mao, or Stalin–wait a second–I never said they were other than the scourges that they were. The idea of arguing is to get somewhere near the target. I could spring the Nazis on you, but as Naziism main similarity with conservatism is a rejection of liberalism, patriotism and a strong military, it might not be on target. As the Nazis were mainly pagans, pantheists, and deists with a Nordic fixation, that might not be anywhere near you either.

Gee, I wonder how we get “love thy enemies” done if 1) we’re totally right in what we do, 2) they actually are our enemies, and they can’t have done anything to upset us or treat us unjustly, if they are anyway deserving of our love.

“Pray for those who persecute you”– Nah, that’s just hippie talk!

Do you recall, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do?” If I am in Christ, who is my father? If I am in Christ, who is my example to emulate? Was Jesus thinking that the Romans were all real nice guys and if they knew nails were going through flesh, they probably wouldn’t do those things? Isn’t hammering nails through flesh a little less forgivable than getting pissy at a drive through? I mean unless you use your shaming = wanton destruction in the streets scale, that is.

By what would you claim moral superiority to the people who scare 15year olds at home? I’m guessing it’s that you didn’t do anything like that. Hmmm, Smith shares that distinction with you. Guess he’s not as bad as somebody who terrorizes people at their private homes (unless he proves so later).

It seems to me that you don’t know any better how to subordinate emotion to logic and discernment than a liberal. I’m sure that will get us far.

Axeman on August 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, you dolt.

MisterElephant on August 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I don’t smoke cranial flatulence.

Axeman on August 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

The only sensible thing you said in your post.

MisterElephant on August 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Not only that, it’s a better point than the people who just wanted to batter inthemiddle as hypocrite for looking down on others. It actually goes it one better, not simply suggesting that inthemiddle is a hypocrite for looking down on those deemed lowly, but missing the clues before everyone as to what laudable skill she demonstrated.

When you condemn someone for patronizing, it’s not quite as good as lifting the dismissed up and showing the the error in patronizing. The error suggests a lack of deliberation, and the lack of deliberation suggests emotional attachment, and only intensifies the impression that it is a bias or prejudice.

No one can listen to inthemiddle’s moral superiority on not judging other people when she can take a 5 minute exposure to another person, miss the skills presented and then sum up that the “only skill in life” (in the whole, entire life) is handing out fried foods. inthemiddle’s not too good at the non-judgment thing.

Axeman on August 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Let me be sure I got this right. Rachel asked that her last name not be used, and her interviewer complies, just before she begins to speak and her full name is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Well, THAT’LL fool anybody who might have designs on contacting her. Way to go, Fox News.

NeoCon_1 on August 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM

seems like a nice woman. That her only skill in life is handing out fried food makes me feel sad for her.

inthemiddle on August 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

This just may go into the hateful posters hall of fame, as well it should.

That being said, apparently you’d rather she camp in a public park, poop on police cards, and whine because she can’t get work in her chosen field of Puppetry that she spent 4 years in college learning, do I have that right?

waterytart on August 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

She’s beautiful inside and out and has the same name as my daughter. She’s as gracious as Smith wasn’t.

neyney on August 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM