Poor, conservative-maligned law student introducing Obama at campaign event

posted at 2:41 pm on August 7, 2012 by Dustin Siggins

A few months ago, Georgetown Law student Sandra Fluke made headlines for supporting the HHS Mandate in testimony to Congress, and her name exploded into the national scene after Rush Limbaugh made her a target of scorn and mockery. At the time, liberals defended Fluke against Limbaugh’s attacks, pretending she was simply some new-to-politics college student being unfairly maligned by conservatives.

While this defense has been debunked for months, after tomorrow it should be considered entirely dismissible. From Daily Caller:

Fluke is expected to introduce Obama in downtown Denver at the Auraria Campus, during a campaign stop centered on his economic plans, the outlet noted. Fluke’s appearance will likely add a second dynamic, with the campaign, in recent months, attempting to highlight differences between Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s stances on women’s issues to Obama’s left-leaning approach.

Of course, this is not Fluke’s first foray into “women’s issues.” She has been involved with pro-abortion organizations, apparently made a stink about Georgetown’s contraceptive insurance policy before she came to the university, and generally has been something of a liberal political activist. Oh, and she joined VP Biden and other liberals in July to make a speech to the nation’s second-largest teachers’ union convention.

The Obama campaign has jumped back into attacking Romney over his positions on abortion and contraception as of late, even as one ad was hammered by Fact Check for inaccuracies. With Fluke apparently becoming further entrenched with the Obama apparatus, is it okay to criticize her now? Or is that still out of line?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

She Doesn’t have the right!!!

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Then why are you defending her?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

What if you’re raped?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

It’s not often you get to see the precise moment the debate was lost.

rogerb on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

If you are demanding the government subsidize consequence free recreational sex you are a slut.

tommyboy on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

What does that mean?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

it means you Ride a sweet red Shwinn with Red Herring stenciled on the side to your rad philosophy class and talk about Marx and the bourgeois

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Tagging these folks with a name is just doing the same thing in your own rightiousness.

Jabberwock on August 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

So I shouldn’t call white supremacists who call black people the n-word racist?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Wow, just wow. Those libs seem to have a never ending supply of A-Teamers that they keeping pulling out of the quiver.

sdbatboy on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

It’s not often you get to see the precise moment the debate was lost.

rogerb on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

You mean when someone doesn’t have a response so instead pretends the debate is over?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

tommyboy on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

As other posters have pointed out, you can still get STDs if you use the pill. I don’t know about you, but I’d call that a consequence.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

What does that mean?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

harlekwin15, the intentionally stupid ones, while not the challenge as you describe still need love too…if they look like Fluke the kegs do help though

DanMan on August 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

What if you’re raped?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

If she was raped by a girl, she won’t need birth control.

faraway on August 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Then why are you defending her?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

RH is defending Sam Fluke’s ability to lie to Congress and beg for 3000 a pop Porsche drug control to NOT use as birth Control for a sex habit but no instead a study aid….

you know RH I need you to tell Sam Fluke there that ordinarily in a relationship with a single other partner pull and pray works well enough and frankly if you don’t care enough about the person you’re with to endure the prospect of a child in the worst case MAYBE YOU SHOULD PAY FOR YOU OWN SPORT SEX…..

even if it is “infrequent, rare, totally honorable, and none of my business other than YOUR RX bill Sam….”

mm’kay?

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

What if you’re raped?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

So Fluke needs $3,000 worth of birth control/year because that’s how much she’s afraid of being raped?

(Just thought I’d try out your debate style for a bit. It’s pretty fun, I can see why you like it. Hope you don’t mind.)

Left Coast Right Mind on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

If she was raped by a girl, she won’t need birth control.

faraway on August 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

If she’s a lesbian, doesn’t that throw out the whole “she’s a slut for demanding bc” thing? Get your stories straight people.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

And that makes her a slut how exactly?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Well, I guess that telling the whole world that she needs $1,000. worth of protection per year says something about her level of sexual activity. I never said she was a slut. I think she is a big, fat liar who will say anything, no matter how stupid or how slutty it makes her look to advance the liberal cause. I can see how it can be extrapolated from her excessive need for protection, but quite frankly, the way she looks I doubt she gets lucky that often. It would not shock me in the least to find out she is a lesbian.

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

doesn’t mean that I support everything she says?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

What do you support in her demands?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Left Coast Right Mind on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

First, she said it was not for her.

Second, the price is over 3 years.

Third, I didn’t know you could plan when you were gonna get raped. I’m pretty sure you need to be on bc continuously.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

re: red_herring

anybody else reminded of the Black Knight calling his arms and legs being cut off a flesh wound?

DanMan on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

What do you support in her demands?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Did she ever demand not to be called a slut? I’d support that.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

red_herring likes killing babies? that’s not cool red_herring

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

RH Sam there is stupid enough to want me to overpay for his Birth control by 2900 dollars…..

I’m not trusting him to accidentally wind up in bed with a guy instead of a gal….

if Sam was asking for “lobotomy in a box” I might have to go against my principles on socialism and foot the bill personally to go ahead and finish off the job the human shock absorbers gymnastics, and god’s hand of fate started for him….

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Again, I still don’t get how the amount of money you spend on birth control per year says anything about your sexual habits (especially for women). For the pill at least, it’s not like taking more doses a day gives you more protection.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

ZippyZ is a slightly better troll that red_hairing

DanMan on August 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

red_herring likes killing babies? that’s not cool red_herring

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

It’s not??? Since when?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

the price is not near 3,000 dollars over three years

tard

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

What do you support in her demands?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Did she ever demand not to be called a slut? I’d support that.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Again, more deflection – What do you support in her demands?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

What are you even talking about? Where do you get this stuff? Just because I don’t think she should be called a slut, doesn’t mean that I support everything she says? Seriously, where do you get this stuff?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

What would you call someone who does not take personal responsibility for their sexual exploitations?

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

DanMan on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

“I’ll bite your legs off!”

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Again, more deflection – What do you support in her demands?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I don’t support any of her demands (at least of the one’s I’m aware).

I also don’t support people here calling a slut, whore, and c***.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

dead babies are tasty to eat red_herring, but too cute to kill. I’m disappointed in you

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

First, she said it was not for her.

It’s always “for a friend”. Just like “the coke isn’t mine” and “I’m not the father”.

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Irresponsible?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

red_herring on August 7

RH I don’t see why I should have to pay Sam there a spare 2900-2700 bucks to buy his girlfriends’ birth control….

I think we are all confused….

so this guy gets up and lies to Congress about the cost of his imaginary friends’ designer Birth control habit….

I am at a loss why Sam is so passionate to rob me to buy another person overpriced birth control….

why did Sam rape this woman?

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

What if you’re raped?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Red herring indeed.

Goldenavatar on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Childish, immature. I’m sure there are a TON more that are not “slut” “whore” or “c***”

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

hopefully she shaves off that mustache before the intro

burserker on August 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I am the Knight of Ni! you must bring me a shrubbery

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

First, she said it was not for her.

Second, the price is over 3 years.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

First, I’m going to change the subject.

Second, I’m going to call you names.

Third, I’m going to pull a hypothetical out of my butt and ask you to explain it.

(Man, I think I’m getting the hang of this.)

Left Coast Right Mind on August 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I think we are all confused….

why did Sam rape this woman?

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

So that makes her a slut? You’re right, I am confused.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Again, more deflection – What do you support in her demands?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I don’t support any of her demands (at least of the one’s I’m aware).

I also don’t support people here calling a slut, whore, and c***.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

You she had a right to demand products and services from others – do agree with that?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Devastating Colorado poll today, if you’re Romney.

Dem 34
GOP 37
Independents 29

and Obama +6. Stunning result.

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

So you would call her sexual partners pedophiles?

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

First, I’m going to change the subject.

Second, I’m going to call you names.

(Man, I think I’m getting the hang of this.)

Left Coast Right Mind on August 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I know that you’re mocking my style, but I think it helps to organize thoughts/arguments.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I didn’t realize that arguing that she shouldn’t be called a slut requires her getting stuff paid for by others.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

You are not a libertarian or you would realize that demanding or allowing other people to pay your bills for you gives them the right to comment on what you do with the money. So some people think that someone who uses $1,000 a year for birth control should go the abstinence route rather than expect other people to pay for it. You are an out and out liberal/socialist if you do not see this.

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

So you would call her sexual partners pedophiles?

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Nice.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

You said she had a right to demand products and services from others – do agree with that?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

organize *this* motha effa

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Well the guy is a fluke president…

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Interesting. I never did any of that, but I’m pretty sure I’m on firm libertarian grond when I object to women being called sluts, whores, and c***s.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Of course. Anyone who disagrees with that disagrees with the First Amendment.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

So that makes her a slut? You’re right, I am confused.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Who’s the slut Sam the alleged rapist, his victim, the US taxpayer for willingly getting screwed over by idiots like Sam so often….

I mean anyone screwed as often as the American voting public has been by Team Ogabe must be at least somewhat loose….

I am more interested in buying my fourth point of contact the morning after pill usually right around April the 15th….

I somehow manage to secure my own medical needs and my own comfort food and drink….

Why can’t sam skip the trip to spain and buy her imaginary friend the designer pills and send me a C note so I can get more twinkies to eat the pain away?

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Why would anyone want any more Downgrading of the country?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Dubious person = don’t sleep with them.
No birth control = don’t sleep with them.
Might get pregnant or catch a disease = don’t sleep with them.

Not a hard concept, but it really seems to give a lot of people trouble.

kim roy on August 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

What if you’re raped?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

LOOK EVERYONE A STRAWMAN!

What in the world does that have to do with anything?

Doesn’t change a darn thing unless you need to carry around $3000 bux worth of condoms in case you get raped that much.

The victim is already on the pill and if not I believe there are other pills for that and they are probably on standby at the police station/hospital. Or one could walk into PP and get one. The same goes for any medications required for diseases that may result from a rape. Aren’t those given automatically, along with tests at the hospital when someone goes for a rape kit?

You have another strawman we can burn down for you? We have extra marshmallows that need cooking. Thanks.

kim roy on August 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Libertarians want to be left alone by the government.

kingsjester on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I have trouble following your posts. Who is Sam?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Offering women subsidized birth control costs the government much less than unwanted kids do. If its not about legislating morality and *entirely* about cost-benefit analysis you should be in favor of subsidized birth control.

But we all know its about legislating morality, costs be damn. So because women having sex without the risk of pregnancy makes conservatives uncomfortable they’d rather see birth rates (and orphanage/welfare costs) go up. Hypocrisy thy name is social conservatism.

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

What if you’re raped?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Why not apply the standard Liberal response here. A police officer could be hired for every 20 women who are on birth control paid for through our tax dollars. With that increase in law enforcement rapes would drammatically decline making birth control unnecessary for the prevention of rape.

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Libertarians want to be left alone by the government.

kingsjester on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Am I the government? (the answer is no!)

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Degeneration of an argument:

1. Bad to call someone a slut or whore. (issue responded to)

2. What about rape? (issue responded to)

3. Bad of people here to accuse someone of being a slut, whore, or c***. (unless something is missed by everyone, that last term hasn’t been used or inferred in this thread)

What’s next? “What if she’s on a plane to Spain, it goes off course and crashes, and Tarzan finds her?”

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Devastating Colorado poll today, if you’re Romney.

Dem 34
GOP 37
Independents 29

and Obama +6. Stunning result.

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Mitt Romney and President Obama continue to run even in Colorado.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the state finds both men earning 47% support. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, while two percent (2%) are undecided

Devastating!!!1!!1!

steebo77 on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Evidently, you want them to provide for you.

kingsjester on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Again, I still don’t get how the amount of money you spend on birth control airline tickets per year says anything about your sexual travel habits…

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Let’s try that logic thingy again. But wait–you’re named after a fallacy.

spiritof61 on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

LOOK EVERYONE A STRAWMAN!

What in the world does that have to do with anything?

kim roy on August 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I’m pretty sure the person was arguing that women don’t need to take bc because they can choose who they want to have sex with.

THat’s not true, because women are raped quite frequently.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Part of her claim is that if she does not receive such largess, she is being deprived somehow – do you agree with that?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I have trouble following your posts. Who is Sam?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Sam is that fella in the picture that this post is about right?

Sam Fluke…nice guy a law student over there east somehwere who wants me to buy his imaginary girlfriend overpriced tic tacs as birth control pills or something….

I get confused trying to follow you following your tail in circles….

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Does the Obama campaign actually think that this woman is likeable or sympathetic? A 30+ year old promiscuous perpetual student?

natasha333 on August 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

haha red_herring, what’s with the flukeing PC BS? LMFAO

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

So you feel it’s perfectly okay to demand the property and time of others?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Let’s try that logic thingy again. But wait–you’re named after a fallacy.

spiritof61 on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I’m pretty sure a red herring isn’t a logical fallacy. It’s a fish! (j/k).

Anyways, people who don’t buy bc have sex too you know! And some bc costs more than others, but that doesn’t necessarily mean those who buy the more expensive are doing it more often.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

So you feel it’s perfectly okay to demand the property and time of others?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Ummm…yeah. You don’t think so? I’m going to point you the first amendment again.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I just want to know why Sam’s nice boyfriend(not that there is anything wrong with that) won’t take a second while he and Sam fly to spain to buy Sam’s friends’ tic tacs and send me a C note for my twinkies….

LibFritoorDiet just posted that Ogabe is a lock and April 15th is just 9 short months away….I need my comfort food.

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

The Daily Dog-gerel™

That tiresome old coed name Fluke
On her same single one-note was stuck.
“As I said on the Hill,
Pay my birth control bill,
And vote Barry or else you all suck.”

de rigueur on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Nope.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Well, that’s why I said I think she is a big, fat liar. She pulled that number out of her butt. That number is not based on anything except, how would it look if she had her fake testimony session saying that she needs $48 a year? She came up with the number, no one here did. She opened herself up to ridicule by being ridiculous.

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

This?

Or this, if the first was raaaaacist.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

hahahaha

Bahhahahhahaha

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Ahh, so people who LIE to congress are sluts. Man, “slut” has so many definitions, it can be tough to keep track of.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

So you feel it’s perfectly okay to demand the property and time of others?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

She can demand all she wants, we taxpayers don’t have to give it top her .

burrata on August 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

A devastating retort. And libfree has arrived to help out.

It’s all over. You win. I’m voting for Obama now.

spiritof61 on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Devastating.

PPP tends to reside somewhere beyond our solar system.

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

So you feel it’s perfectly okay to demand the property and time of others?

Chip on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Can you be specific. It sounds like you’re making an argument against the very notion of taxation.

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

She can demand all she wants, we taxpayers don’t have to give it to her .

burrata on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

THat’s not true, because women are raped quite frequently.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I forgot that they banned the morning after pill that is standard treatment in most hospitals for rape victims. Mind sending me a link to that?

How many women do you know that take birth control to prevent pregnancy from rape? I know many women who actually could afford BC prior to Ms. Fluke and none of them have ever stated that they take birth control to prevent pregnancy from rape. As a matter of fact (thankfully), I know precisely 0 women who have been raped.

I wonder if “Julia” was raped only to be saved because Obama paid for her birth control.

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

A devastating retort. And libfree has arrived to help out.

It’s all over. You win. I’m voting for Obama now.

spiritof61 on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

You fought a good fight.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

shut up you Shwinn riding fruitcake

your shtick is getting old. Throw in a Holy Grail quote…mix it up

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Hypocrisy thy name is social conservatism.

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Idiocy thy name is Socialist Moontardism…

You guys sent up a liar to beg for me to buy her idiotically overpriced birth control pills for Rec Sex….

I paid for my gal pal’s romper room baby prevention and by Gadfry her exotic jetsetting boytoy can do the same….

the argument against her getting free candy is exactly the same one you are using against the rich maintaining current tax rates….

here I’ll show you…..

“The nation has far more money to be invested, spent, or saved(thereby stabilizing inflationary pressures with a QE3 orgasm) if the Federales can quit spending like drunken sailors and let Mitt Romney and Harry reid keep some more of their millions….”

yeah if sound fiscal policy was your guys’ goal instead of BS “social justice” like Pelosi said in ’06 your boyfriend wouldn’t be spending 1.7 trillion spare dollars over intake per annum…..

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

She can demand all she wants, we taxpayers don’t have to give it to her .

burrata on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Sadly, for now, we do.

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

So I shouldn’t call white supremacists who call black people the n-word racist?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Just a tad different from present discussion.
And an entirely different discussion.
In this case her minders KNEW she would takes some shots.
THEY WANTED THAT TO HAPPEN !

Jabberwock on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Devastating.

PPP tends to reside somewhere beyond our solar system.

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Its been devastated that Rasmussen has a GOP bias, so add +2 to Obama’s total and you probably have an accurate representation of the CO electorate. Even in Rasmussen Romney can’t post a lead in CO.

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

one…two…FIVE!!

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

liberals defended Fluke against Limbaugh’s attacks, pretending she was simply some new-to-politics college student being unfairly maligned by conservatives..

Dustin, you’re joking right? He called her a “slut” and a “prostitute.” That’s why people (liberals and conservatives) were defending her.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM

So, reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, eh?

Solaratov on August 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Its been devastated?

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

So, reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, eh?

Solaratov on August 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

So if you’re a seasoned poltical vet, it’s fair to call you a slut and whore?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Just a tad different from present discussion.
And an entirely different discussion.
In this case her minders KNEW she would takes some shots.
THEY WANTED THAT TO HAPPEN !

Jabberwock on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

So she was askin for it, huh?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

But we all know its about legislating morality…

libfreeordie on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Correct. It is immoral to subsidize anything. A person’s personal choices are that person’s problem. Sandra Fluke is a whore if she think the cost of her BC is my problem. Anyone who demands others pay for their life are whores.

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Why, too, did this activist (Fluke) enroll in a Catholic college that didn’t cover contraception in its medical plan if it’s all such a big deal to her? If she’s good enough to get into Georgetown, she should have easily been accepted at a secular college with a medical plan that covers what she wants.

Unless, of course, activism is her goal all along?

Obama is using Fluke the same way Sheehan was used. One day, Fluke will be discarded like an old newspaper, except among a small minority of lefties who invite her to occasional speaking engagements at $20K a pop.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

shut up you Shwinn riding fruitcake

your shtick is getting old. Throw in a Holy Grail quote…mix it up

Slade73 on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Is that directed at me? I did in fact ride a Schwinn when I was a kid. Nice bike, blue.

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

3 women who formerly purchased birth control to avoid pregnancy from rape.

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

So she was askin for it, huh?

red_herring on August 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

No it was for her “friend” that she was “testifying” on behalf of.

weaselyone on August 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM