GOP chair: I hope Palin speaks at the convention

posted at 1:11 pm on August 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

“I can’t make that announcement tonight,” RNC chair Reince Priebus told Greta van Susteren last night on Fox when asked about Sarah Palin’s chances of landing a speaking slot at the Republican national convention in Tampa. “I think a lot of her,” Priebus replied, “and hope that she does speak.”  Politico picked up on the exchange:

If Palin does speak, she would join other prominent GOP women whose national profiles have risen since Palin was pushed onto the national spotlight after McCain chose her as his running mate. In addition to Rice, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez also will be speaking.

Palin told a reporter July 25 from The Tampa Bay Times that she’d “have an announcement in a couple of days” regarding the convention, though no announcement came.

The convention organizers are using a roll-out strategy to maximize media attention on selected groupings of speakers.  Yesterday they rolled out a list of seven Republicans with confirmed speaking slots, none of them a surprise or much of a game-changer.  Today, the group released three higher-profile names that balance interests from different wings of the party:

Former Sen. Rick Santorum gave Mitt Romney a run for his money during the Republican primaries. In return, Santorum will get a major speaking role at the Republican National Convention, organizers will announce today.

Convention organizers will also announce they are giving major speaking roles to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and Sen. Rand Paul, the son of Rep. Ron Paul, another of Romney’s more dogged rivals.

Handing Santorum a prime speaking slot is a hat tip to his underdog presidential campaign. The under-funded, little-known former senator notched a surprising upset in Iowa, where his brand of social conservatism played well among activists. Santorum has been aggressive about wanting a speaking slot. “I have no doubt that we’ll have some role at the convention,” Santorum told CNN last week in an unusually forward statement.

National Journal believes that Rand Paul’s invitation to a prime-time speaking slot will satisfy Ron Paul delegates at the convention:

Picking Paul looks like a particularly elegant solution to what might have been a thorny problem. Ron Paul’s campaign didn’t gain traction with voters, but his supporters understood party rules better than other campaigns, giving them the opportunity to win delegate seats at county and state party conventions. Had Paul won a majority of just one more delegation, he would have been allowed to be formally nominated for president, which could have been a hurdle for organizers trying to arrange an event that will serve as a Romney coronation.

I’m not so sure that will satisfy those delegates.  I’d bet that Ron Paul himself will get a prime-time slot, as well as Newt Gingrich, both of whom made it through most of the primary process challenging Romney for the nomination.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry, either.

Today’s announcement was most interesting for the grouping.  Setting aside the relatively unknown Mary Fallin, we have one speaker for the conservo-libertarians, one for social conservatives, and one for center-right pragmatists.  That’s a pretty good trick, one that underscores the strong desire for unity at the Republican convention.

Regarding Palin, I’d guess that her invitation will be promoted on its own.  If Priebus wants her to attend, the organizers will clearly extend the offer.  In case anyone questions Preibus’ desire, Breitbart’s Larry O’Connor asked Priebus to weigh in on the Palin-Cheney debate, and he falls squarely in Palin’s camp:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

ROFLMAO.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Clueless..:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

What “reality TV career”? Didn’t she make that one series? In other words, on conservative policy grounds what are your objections to Palin? Or is it just that she reminds you of all the chicks who turned you down?

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

explain to me the “conservative policy grounds” that Palin supports. Also, explain to me how a person not in office does anything when it comes to policy.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Sure. Mitt Romney is “severely conservative.” *ba-dum-tisshhh*

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Pretty good.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

kingsjester on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I had to look up what that is. Only the Neilsen’s will be suffer, I’ll still vote for Gov. Romney.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Governor Mitt Romney has spent all or part of 212 days outside Massachusetts so far in 2006

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Yep, not running for re-election is the same as quitting your office.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Absolutely. Romney quit essentially midway through his term because he knew he would lose and that wouldn’t look good on that prez-candidate resume. Palin quit because she was being harassed BECAUSE she motivates conservatives. I’ll take the latter quitter over the squish quitter, thanks.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Do you really think that the audience that will be watching the Republican convention is that unhappy with the Bush administration that it spills over to his sibling? I live in Florida, he was a darn good governor. You sure have a very narrow vision of who is acceptable, which is fine, but are you sure you are the majority of the party opinion?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Not being at your job and doing another is pretty much quiting if you want to play stupid games, and you don’t seem to know any other kind.

Was he at Bain doing his job?

Was he in Massachusetts doing his job?

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Why are you even arguing with this troll? The people who still insist that “Palin quit” because she was sued out of office are no different than the birthers. It’s a psychological thing. He isn’t even making any serious arguments, and is just lobbing insults.

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

so let me get this straight. As a Republican I am not allowed to comment as to who speaks at the national convention because I don’t think Palin should speak?

I don’t think Bush should be speaking either.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Heaven forbid that you are a republican. Just goes to show how
much purging work we conservatives have to do in the future.

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

And Jeb, a very successful governor of the state the convention is being held in, shouldn’t speak because he was the brother and son of former presidents? I would LOVE for you to supply us with you list of acceptable speakers.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

So you are completely blind to the negative effect the Bush family has had on the GOP and the conservative movement in this country?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Yeah, I will, too. Regardless of the invasion we’ve had around here. He’s all we’ve got.

kingsjester on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

You are so blind that it is pitiful. Palin appreciates you supporting her bank account.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I know it. Those Nista’s aren’t helping at all.

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

You cannot help someone who cannot help themselves:

In an appearance on MSNBC’s “Daily Rundown,” Romney strategist Eric Fehrnstrom was asked whether Romney agreed with last week’s Supreme Court ruling.

“The governor believes that what we put in place in Massachusetts was a penalty and he disagrees with the court’s ruling that the mandate was a tax,” Fehrnstrom said.

or

FEHRNSTROM: “Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all of over again

and

Romney on Chick-fil-A: That’s not something that’s part of my campaign

If Willard loses he has no one to blame except for himself.

DannoJyd on August 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM

He isn’t even making any serious arguments, and is just lobbing insults.

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

When you’re right, you’re right! He’s a joke.

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Heaven forbid that you are a republican. Just goes to show how
much purging work we conservatives have to do in the future.

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Why is Palin associated with being conservative?

Make sure you purge Orrin Hatch while you are at it.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

troll? hardly.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Wow, good thing you don’t make the rules for anyone other than yourself. You are a delight.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

He isn’t even making any serious arguments, and is just lobbing insults.

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

When you’re right, you’re right! He’s a joke.

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM

actually, the insults were first aimed at me, but carry on

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Remember when Joe Miller was elected to the senate?

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM

explain to me the “conservative policy grounds” that Palin supports.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Evasion. On the basis of policy, explain your objection to Palin. I can give you chapter and verse on my policy objections to Romney. I suspect really your aversion is just based on the fact that Palin’s got nice legs or something.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I believe he has been around for quite some time and doesn’t comment much anymore. He’s not a troll. Hard to get votes when you want to be both perfect and exclusive.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Have you been insulted? I must of missed it but I don’t believe you have been insulting either.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hmm, well I guess the biggest objection that I have would be, while she was doing great things in Alaska, she decided that she needed to go camping with Kate and 8 or whatever they are called.

So, yeah, that’s my biggest objection.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM

And who won? The incumbent Republican. So to speak.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Then she should have run.

JohnGalt23 on August 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Yep!

Voter from WA State on August 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Come on fellas, she should run when the entire insider GOP elites and their puppet media dissed her (just after the leftist media great Alaskan e-mail hunt failed and her announcement appeared near.)
They systematically destroyed her (That which McCain’s thugs failed to do.

She’s not that dumb. Maybe you need to think about it. She should run against her party’s power brokers, including Cheney, Coulter, Krauthammer, Wills, Noonan, Ingraham, etc and the hacks never named one reason other than “she’s not ready. It was a set up for the gay marriage and boy scout champion, Oromney, who’s crazy if he thinks hes got the social cons vote after that unnecessary idiocy.

Don L on August 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

And Sharron Angle?

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

been around

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Does she or does she not motivate people?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Don L on August 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

you are blind to reality.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Does she or does she not motivate people?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM

that’s subjective.

what is not subjective is that she quit.

And I don’t know why a quitter would be a motivator.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I’m pretty sure that you and I have agreed on more than we have disagreed about in the past. I just think you are letting your personal feelings blind you to an obvious easy few minutes. But I am a strong proponent of the First Amendment.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Not supporting Palin’s reality tv career for President-for-Life/Pope/Queen/Emperess/Right hand of God makes one a moderate evil scum-sucking hyperleftist commie kenyan?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Corrected free of charge.

Sarah Palin IS a very bright, charming and attractive woman. She is also a shrewd, cunning politician with good instincts.

Sarah Palin is NOT an angel of vengeance sent by God to smite the wicked and lead the survivors of the Divine Cataclysm to the promised land.

If some of Sarah Palins fan club ever got to know her, they would kill her themselves.

…and them make up a bogus story that Romneyus of Massascariot did it.

Alberta_Patriot on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Don L on August 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I thought Palin was all about fighting against those people? Or is that just her political act in order to keep cashing those checks?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

She motivates people, yes, but so does Obama. She helps with some endoresments and some have no effect. But she is a reality TV star more than a political presence.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

we need a few old timers that know how to play the stupid game.
Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Isn’t that how we got into this trouble, Cindy?

Don L on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

That was different, Palin said so. Crusty old establishment fossil Orrin Hatch is good because Palin said so. Other crusty old establishment fossils that Palin decides are bad are bad because she said so. See how that works? Palin does the thinking so they don’t have to. Her deciples should just wear a T-shirt with her picture and a caption “yeah what she said”.

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Come on, seriously? Are you perfect? You may not be motivated but others are. A lot of others. You would ignore those benefits based solely on your own personal opinion? Do you like everything about Gov. Romney? Is he perfect?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

And I don’t know why a quitter would be a motivator.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Romney quit Bain, too. Maybe he can explain it to you.

RSbrewer on August 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM

RSbrewer on August 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM

He quit Bain to run the Olympics and a state. She quit to be on TV.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

All I did was state why I think Palin should not speak at the Republican National Convention.

Overall, I don’t even see the point of a nominating convention anymore.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

you are blind to reality.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM

The irony..:)

Hey Sparky, here’s a clue…

Conservative Guide to Social Media – with Andrew Breitbart

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Just goes to show how
much purging work we conservatives have to do in the future.

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Purge yourself. You’re probably fat anyway.

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

And I don’t know why a quitter would be a motivator.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Then you’re willing to say she won’t affect Sarah Steelman’s chances in todays Missouri senate primary?

Btw, amusing yourself and being interesting aren’t synonymous.

wolfsDad on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Did I quote Gov. Palin? I don’t actually know what she said about Orin Hatch. You really are silly and catty, hence you moniker I imagine.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Overall, I don’t even see the point of a nominating convention anymore.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

LOL! I bet the networks agree with you.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Some people may be motivated by quitters. I’m not one of them.

Why does everybody keep saying that I am a Romney supporter? I didn’t vote for him in the primaries and I only plan to vote for him during the general election because the American political system has devolved in such a way that my choice is between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. I may vote for Gary Johnson.

Romney never quit on the people who voted for him in order to achieve personal financial gain. He never started a project such as a natural gas pipeline designed to help America achieve energy independence and then quit halfway through.

Look, all of the evidence is there as to what Palin has done since she quit her office. If the supporters who line her pockets are to blind to see this evidence then I suggest they open their eyes.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Btw, amusing yourself and being interesting aren’t synonymous.

wolfsDad on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I don’t live in Missouri.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Now THERE’S something you would never hear Michael Steele say.

Dunedainn on August 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

She supported Hatch because he had nice things to say about her personally.

I guess that trumps policy or something.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Recognizing both Palin’s strengths and weaknesses, I still hope that she gets to speak at the Convention, and I rather expect that she will.

But the way they are rolling out these announcements reminds me of the finale of the Miss America pageant, where they announce the fourth runner-up, the third runner-up, the second runner-up (suspense building all the while) and then make the big announcement.

HTL on August 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I don’t live in Missouri.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM

You live in la la land..:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Probably referring to the fact that Todd is going to be on one this fall, and Bristol is going on Dancing With The Stars the second time soon, and just recently completed another one that was a bomb.

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

You live in la la land..:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

haha

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Give her Romney’s spot.

AmeriCuda on August 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

super duper mega dittos!

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Don’t you live in a basement, surrounded by Sarah Palin posters? La la land seems more sane to me.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I guess all those Hollywood types will stop having fundraisers for The Won. You admit that she motivates but you disapprove of those she motivates. You know those nasty taxpayer voter types. While the rich help The Won tell his voters that he is going to make the rich pay their fair share so that the poor (non-taxpayers) get more from the government. Sorry, I thought you guys wanted to win, I didn’t realize you were too principled.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

anybody who can’t see what this family has done needs to take off the blinders

especially considering all of their public declarations of their privacy being violated and such.

I guess it can be violated … for a price.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

And Romney’s neither. This alleged reality TV star stirs 10 times more interest than the GOP presidential nominee on a political website.

Remember when Joe Miller was elected to the senate?

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh….wasn’t that about the same time that Meg Whitman defeated that pathetic 70s retread? And when Bob Bennett was winning his primary?

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Give her Romney’s spot.

AmeriCuda on August 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

super duper mega dittos!

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

she declined attempting to land that spot. Romney didn’t. He deserves it.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM

that’s subjective.

what is not subjective is that she quit.

And I don’t know why a quitter would be a motivator.

joey24007
on August 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I think you’re afraid of her.

There is no other reason to perpetuate the “false stigma”, that she quit for no other reason than she “couldn’t take the heat in the kitchen”.

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM

There should be no one named “Bush” speaking at a Republican convention for at least the next 20 years. Period.

Shump on August 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

alleged? ok.

I guess that says something about the voting public.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Well, at least I can confidently predict the weather for the convention.

Daily high: 89F

Daily low: 74F

Afternoon showers

Take it to the bank.

J.E. Dyer on August 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM

HTL on August 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Palin’s weaknesses are much, much stronger than any strengths mittens might have!

America needs conservatives in charge for a change….why is Hotair.com devoting so much time to a guy (mittens) who isn’t even a conservative? I thought that hotair was a ‘Premier Conservative Blog’? a misnomer if I ever saw one……I think that Hotair should spend more space focusing on downticket races because mittens is a hopeless case when it comes to any conservative principles (he has none).
America needs conservatives in charge for a change (can’t say it enought times)!

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Yes you do and you know she endorsed his re-election. You just defended her decision by stating “we need a few old timers who know how to play the game”. What were you referring to if not Palin/Orin Hatch? If you want to play stupid we can talk about your shoes some more.

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I have done nothing to line her pockets and I still think you are looking at this incorrectly. You are going to vote for Gov. Romney to be POTUS for four years while not being all that crazy about him but you can’t abide letting a cheerleader for a huge part of the voters needed to have a few minutes on a national stage? Sorry, it’s just not logical.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I think you’re afraid of her.

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Did you go to the Soviet school of reality? Up is down? When somebody quits they really didn’t quit and the person claiming that they quit is wrong?

I never said she couldn’t take the heat. I said that she quit in order to cash in on her celebrity.

Keep listening to Glenn Beck as he walks to the bank.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

A little rusty in the joke department aren’t we Sparky…:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Uh, Romney is raising quite a bit of money. Our economy isn’t exactly stellar. I don’t disapprove of the people she motivates, I just don’t consider her to be a serious person. She is a celebrity; I don’t argue that.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

alleged? ok.

I guess that says something about the voting public.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM

If you had to vote between Palin and Romney, whom would you choose? Easy….PALIN POWER!

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

LOL. Nah dude, you fit the Mittbot profile too closely to fall for anyone to fall for that bullshit.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM

So what was Palin supposed to do? Resign and go live in the projects? Romney quit in order to make these pathetically futile attempts at achieving something that eluded his equally squishy old man. Opportunism.

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

That’s Todd and Bristol.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Hey Puss & boots….

Romney backed Hatch, he’s evil..:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

It wasn’t a joke.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

People who would be upset that Palin is not speaking are going to vote for Obama?

Just not logical.

Well, I would say that you did help line her pockets. See, her whole appeal is that she would be taking some political action (bus tours, speaking, blah blah) and that appeal is what keeps her in the public eye. Staying in the public eye means trading off of her name. Trading off of her name makes her money.

see how it works?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

the hate for Sarah is strong in you. good. keep it. burn with a fever joey24007

i want you to hate Sarah more than stalin. more than pol pot. more than the devil.

we use your hate to light our way to the white house.

Arriba Sarah!!!!

renalin on August 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

She supported Hatch because he had nice things to say about her personally.

I guess that trumps policy or something.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Dude, you really need to grow up. Yes, she endorsed
Hatch….so did Mark Levin, so did many other Conservatives.
She has been a friend of him since 2008, and he reached out
to the Tea Party in Utah….

..as far as policy, do some research on this little nugget.
As Governor of her state, she reduced the state budget 2 years
in a row. No, she didn’t reduce the RATE OF GROWTH IN THE
BUDGET, she actually CUT the budget. When you get done
researching that, do youself a favor, and research how
many other governors (we have 50) accomplished that.
I’ll give you a summary of that number-0. SHE’S THE ONLY
GOVERNOR TO DO THAT. For this reason alone, she should
speak at EVERY REPUBLICAN gathering from now until election
day.

You accuse others of being Blind to reality.

Maybe it is YOU who need to come to grips with Reality,
and enter it….

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I do know that she endorsed him, as did Mark Levine. Doesn’t Sen. Hatch have a pretty high conservative lifetime voting record? I have never said I was anti-incumbent. If you are, fine. I’m a strategy commenter not a devoted fan of any politician. That will only bring heartache.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Keep listening to Glenn Beck as he walks to the bank.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Now you sound jealous and afraid.

Where do you stop?

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

before i even finish my post, the little guy fulfills my dream. bless his little heart.

renalin on August 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

One is the republican nominee, so I’ll vote for him. If she was the nominee I would vote for her.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

…and mittens is ‘a serious person’….that’s the best joke I’ve heard all day! Just because he made lots of money? What makes him serious? What is he serious about? What does he believe in? What Constitutional principles is he willing to fight for? Do you have confidence in mittens as a defender of the Constitution? I most certainly do not! Sarah Palin wins hands down, head and should above and its ‘no contest’ when you compare her to mittens milquetoast….what an utter and complete disaster the convention will be…bevy of jokes and one-liners are waiting to write themselves if Palin doesn’t have prominent role at the convention. The GOP/Mittens may have burned their bridges with Palin….its their loss because she will conitnue to work to elect conservatives at the local and state level.
Palin Power!

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

That’s Todd and Bristol.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Man, you are totally blind to reality. Do you think that she would be forced to live in the projects if she didn’t quit her job in order to be on tv with Kate and 8? Get real. One book deal means you are set for life.

Todd and Bristol are both trading off of their last name. Like the Kardashians.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

That’s Todd and Bristol.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Same family. It’s what they do now.

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Now you sound jealous and afraid.

Where do you stop?

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM

the intellectual arguments against me are just too strong.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Prove that she quit “in order to cash in on her celebrity”. Ever heard of “post hoc fallacies”? LOL The chop-logic is a dead ‘bot giveaway.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I don’t think people will vote for Obama because she does or doesn’t speak at the convention. You are right, that wouldn’t be logical. I have never seen her in person, never watched her show, never read her books and don’t do facebook. I just think she has the guts to say things that no other politician does. Could be because she isn’t a candidate.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM

That’s Todd and Bristol.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Same family. It’s what they do now.

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

from being the first family of Alaska (and complaining that their family was always unfairly in the public eye) to allowing cameras to follow around your every move (and your infant son) in order to generate some coin.

tragic.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I don’t have to prove it, she has done that.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I’m a republican, not a fan-boy. I support my party. Palin talks alot and supports Prada.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

alleged? ok.

I guess that says something about the voting public.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM

And a former divorced actor who costarred with a chimpanzee named Bozo, stirred 10 times more interest than a self-made millionaire, a good family man, and someone who served honorably in the navy who also assisted in the cleanup of the Chalk River nuclear incident.

Sad really. /

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Todd and Bristol are both trading off of their last name. Like the Kardashians.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Your hate sustains me..:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Todd and Bristol are both trading off of their last name. Like the Kardashians.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Teeth-gnashing jealousy and envy.

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I admire the budget cutting, but honestly, you can’t compare the budget in Alaska to the other states.

And you swear an oath to serve a full term in office, not just 2 years.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

RINO!

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 5:05 PM

She is a celebrity; I don’t argue that.

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I guess Eastwood should have shut his big mouth to, right? How about Dennis Miller? How about the icky Jon Voight? How about Trump?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 5:05 PM

That’s Todd and Bristol.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Same family. It’s what they do now.

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Meh. It’s more than Ann Romney does.

Todd and Bristol are both trading off of their last name. Like the Kardashians.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

LOL…I remember when Palin resigned the consensus among the PDSers was that she’s going to disappear and end her days in a trailer park, her book was going to be a flop, nobody would even remember who she was in three years…and then, damn it, the witch makes a killing and that’s what she planned all along. Didn’t she know that only Romneys are allowed to cash in on their names?

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 5:05 PM

the intellectual arguments against me are just too strong.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

While you keep wiping the Grey Matter out of your azz
with grade 60 sand paper, a five year old would
have Intellectual arguments too strong for you…

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM

the intellectual arguments against me are just too strong.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM

You don’t measure up to “intellectual” anything.

Intelligent discourse is wasted on you.

listens2glenn on August 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Rusty Allen on August 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I’m a conservative. I don’t give a flying f*ck about your party or its squishy-assed standard-bearer of the moment.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

The media has made sure that they can’t do anything else. Sarah Palin will never be elected to office again. I have no problem with her taking advantage of the opportunities given to her family. I don’t watch them myself and if people don’t, the offers will dry up.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Just goes to show how
much purging work we conservatives have to do in the future.

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Purge yourself. You’re probably fat anyway.

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Too bad Hot Air doesn’t have enough sense to ban the likes
of you (and others) so the rest of us don’t have to be inundated with your juvenile comments.

Having nothing intelligent to post is boring to the rest of us
who would like to have a civil discussion, however, have to scroll
through the garbage.

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I don’t understand all the attacks on joey for stating his opinion. It’s how he feels and he is entitled to that. I am not a supporter or fan of either Palin or Romney, but to call someone a hater who states an opinion of Palin you don’t agree with, shows no tolerance.

silvernana on August 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM