GOP chair: I hope Palin speaks at the convention

posted at 1:11 pm on August 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

“I can’t make that announcement tonight,” RNC chair Reince Priebus told Greta van Susteren last night on Fox when asked about Sarah Palin’s chances of landing a speaking slot at the Republican national convention in Tampa. “I think a lot of her,” Priebus replied, “and hope that she does speak.”  Politico picked up on the exchange:

If Palin does speak, she would join other prominent GOP women whose national profiles have risen since Palin was pushed onto the national spotlight after McCain chose her as his running mate. In addition to Rice, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez also will be speaking.

Palin told a reporter July 25 from The Tampa Bay Times that she’d “have an announcement in a couple of days” regarding the convention, though no announcement came.

The convention organizers are using a roll-out strategy to maximize media attention on selected groupings of speakers.  Yesterday they rolled out a list of seven Republicans with confirmed speaking slots, none of them a surprise or much of a game-changer.  Today, the group released three higher-profile names that balance interests from different wings of the party:

Former Sen. Rick Santorum gave Mitt Romney a run for his money during the Republican primaries. In return, Santorum will get a major speaking role at the Republican National Convention, organizers will announce today.

Convention organizers will also announce they are giving major speaking roles to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and Sen. Rand Paul, the son of Rep. Ron Paul, another of Romney’s more dogged rivals.

Handing Santorum a prime speaking slot is a hat tip to his underdog presidential campaign. The under-funded, little-known former senator notched a surprising upset in Iowa, where his brand of social conservatism played well among activists. Santorum has been aggressive about wanting a speaking slot. “I have no doubt that we’ll have some role at the convention,” Santorum told CNN last week in an unusually forward statement.

National Journal believes that Rand Paul’s invitation to a prime-time speaking slot will satisfy Ron Paul delegates at the convention:

Picking Paul looks like a particularly elegant solution to what might have been a thorny problem. Ron Paul’s campaign didn’t gain traction with voters, but his supporters understood party rules better than other campaigns, giving them the opportunity to win delegate seats at county and state party conventions. Had Paul won a majority of just one more delegation, he would have been allowed to be formally nominated for president, which could have been a hurdle for organizers trying to arrange an event that will serve as a Romney coronation.

I’m not so sure that will satisfy those delegates.  I’d bet that Ron Paul himself will get a prime-time slot, as well as Newt Gingrich, both of whom made it through most of the primary process challenging Romney for the nomination.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry, either.

Today’s announcement was most interesting for the grouping.  Setting aside the relatively unknown Mary Fallin, we have one speaker for the conservo-libertarians, one for social conservatives, and one for center-right pragmatists.  That’s a pretty good trick, one that underscores the strong desire for unity at the Republican convention.

Regarding Palin, I’d guess that her invitation will be promoted on its own.  If Priebus wants her to attend, the organizers will clearly extend the offer.  In case anyone questions Preibus’ desire, Breitbart’s Larry O’Connor asked Priebus to weigh in on the Palin-Cheney debate, and he falls squarely in Palin’s camp:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sarah Steelman. Isn’t Missouri voting today?

Missouri loves company… :)

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Today’s the day..:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Sarah comes closer than anyone. Just watching the reaction as she takes the podium would be something to behold.

/Unapologetic Palinista

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I just don’t see it happening. The Romney people aren’t going to go along with anything that overshadows Mitt or makes people think we have the wrong nominee.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

…it doesn’t take much to overshadow mittens.

Pragmatic on August 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Oh good Lord, there’s a pic on Drudge of Sarah in pumps and a Superman shirt.

John the Libertarian on August 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Those are some really ugly shoes.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I keep hearing that Gov. Rick Scott of Florida is hated, I live in Florida, I don’t hate him. What’s the deal with that message?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

The same day I read that, Mark Levin said he really liked him, so I was curious too. Just not curious enough to trouble myself to find out- LOL

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Florida has a good Governor.

Sorry, Cindy, I simply couldn’t resist the earlier comment, lol

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Palin’s rabid fans, much like Romney’s rabid fans will never be truely satisfied by anything.

But for the millions of Palin and Romney supporters who are not rabid, and for the sake of showing some unity in opposition of Obama, it would be nice to hear from someone who has done so much for the conservative movement, would you agree?

DrAllecon on August 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Good reply. Though you are wasting your time with that Vyce clown. He is a dead ender and will never own up to his being wrong time and time again.

He shrinks and Palin just gets more powerful.

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM

You think the CFA diss is bad, now he’s against the Boy Scout ban.
I’m so disgusted at this point, I don’t even know if I can hold my nose.

TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

O.K., now I’m feeling ill….

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

For Palin not to have a slot to speak is fools work. The single biggest force in Conservative politics at present. Like it or not.

Bmore on August 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Those are some really ugly shoes.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I know someone’s going to remind me that just last week, I said it was sexist to focus on the wardrobes of women in politics.

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Oh good Lord, there’s a pic on Drudge of Sarah in pumps and a Superman shirt.

John the Libertarian on August 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Those are some really ugly shoes.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

all the ire and contempt of Palinistas will be upon you in 3,2….:) as a frenchman though I couldn’t help noticing the same and secretly I agree with you :)…

jimver on August 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Bmore on August 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

And she will help Gov. Romney, not hurt him. I have never understood why people think she isn’t a team player.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Those are some really ugly shoes.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Blasphemer! Actually, I am a big fan of Sarah Palin but I thought the same thing last week when I saw them.

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Bmore on August 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Darn straight BMore. The single biggest force.

*clink*

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

John the Libertarian on August 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Those are not pumps, they are cage wedges and I would wear them in a minute.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

jimver on August 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Bring it on! I know ugly when I see it but will keep the rest of my comments to myself.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

JPeterman

jimver

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Those are not pumps, they are cage wedges and I would wear them in a minute.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I loved those shoes. What GoGo Boots are to , those shoes are to me.

Anyway CM is the coolest gal on these interwebs.

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Gang, I’m with you philosopically (my Political Inclination Quotient is a PIQ-92, for goodness sakes), but we need to think with our HEADS, not our hearts.

Think of the electorate as being on a scale of 0-to-100, with PIQ-0 being insanely liberal and PIQ-100 being unflinchingly conservative.

People between PIQ-0 and PIQ-45 are already in the tank for Obama; those between PIQ-55 and PIQ-100 will vote for a ham sandwich to get rid of him. The battle is in the middle.

Someone like Sarah Palin (guessing she’s about a PIQ-95) seems very extreme to folks in the middle; if we want Romney to win, we have to play nice with those voters, and not spook them.

VastRightWingConspirator on August 7, 2012 at 2:34 PM

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Oops. What GoGo boots are to BMore, those shoes are to me.

Fixed.

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM

You think the CFA diss is bad, now he’s against the Boy Scout ban.
I’m so disgusted at this point, I don’t even know if I can hold my nose.

TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

O.K., now I’m feeling ill….

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Weird article. It weaves in his quotes from 1996 on the subject. And his position is, the Boy Scouts should be free to have whatever policy they’d like. From the article:

“I support the right of the Boy Scouts of America to decide what it wants to do on that issue”

Also, the article says:

Prior to Saul serving as Romney’s press secretary, Richard Grenell, an open homosexual, filled the position.

when in fact Grenell never was Romney’s press secretary, but rather (per The Atlantic) served for a short time as Romney’s “openly gay foreign-policy spokesman”.

So you have shading, distortions, and outright lies in the article. Someone either is doing an awful job of reporting, or else they have an agenda to paint Romney with a false narrative.

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM

jimver on August 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Those are not pumps, they are cage wedges and I would wear them in a minute.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Shop the latest black wedges handpicked by a global community of independent trendsetters and stylists.

“Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.” ~ Oscar Wilde Quotes

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Those are not pumps, they are cage wedges and I would wear them in a minute.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

You may wear them, Ms.Munford, but the bigger question….Can you walk in them?

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I have two pairs with stilettos instead of the wedges. Husband likes very much!!!

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Watched the video. Couldn’t tell if he was just pandering to the Greta audience or he didn’t want his big surprise exposed.

Since he comes from the Scott Walker/Ron Johnson wing of the GOP, I’m guesing he wants Palin there.

I wonder if there is any negotiation on time slots?

Oh, and regarding GOP rockstars, keep in mind that Scott Walker hasn’t been announced yet.

He’ll be there. Count on it.

So I’m thinkin Palin too.

WisRich on August 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

You betcha!!!!

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Those are not pumps, they are cage wedges and I would wear them in a minute.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

You may wear them, Ms.Munford, but the bigger question….Can you walk in them?

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

The bigger question is how she looks when she walks in them.

Totally bitchin’

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You betcha!!!!

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I want a video of you chasing the puppies in those things and I want it now LOL!

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Yeah, I am too old for most of those. Far too Goth.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

LOL! Those are not puppy chasing shoes!

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Your hubby is the luckiest guy in the solar system. (:

SparkPlug on August 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM

LOL! Those are not puppy chasing shoes!

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Looks, like JPeterman has a shoe fetish…:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

keep in mind that Scott Walker hasn’t been announced yet.

He’ll be there. Count on it.

WisRich on August 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I’ve noticed this too and wondered why he hasn’t been announced yet. There is absolutely no Republican politician loved more by the base right now than Scott Walker. Hopefully he will at least be permitted to speak.

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

WisRich on August 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

We have so many folks that I will enjoy hearing from!!!!

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I guess I have a bit of an obsession myself!

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Yeah, I am too old for most of those.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

And, I’m too old and too tall for the 5-6″ wedges or heels. I’m glad to see young women who are not afraid to tower over everyone but, frankly, I’d be afraid I’d twist an ankle (old volleyball injury).

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM

You think the CFA diss is bad, now he’s against the Boy Scout ban.
I’m so disgusted at this point, I don’t even know if I can hold my nose.
TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

TxAnn, I think we think alike! Anyway, I heard something that perhaps the Boy Scout issue is either out of context or a mischaracterization, that sort of thing. We can only hope it’s a mischaracterization, as clearly you don’t want homosexuals leading young boys, like Penn State’s Sandusky. Duh.
Romney needs to start showing some support for conservatives on this, as a lot of people are getting disgusted with him, and some maintain that “not wanting to talk about it” was not the same thing as dissing the base. No, this issue is too important to the base to be just dismissed as unimportant or not worthy of being talked about. And Romney’s issue skirting act dovetailed with the very damaging perception that he is… an issue skirter!

Another question is, if we want Romney to win, should we even be talking about this?
Or should we instead do our best to sweep it under the rug? Yes, we need to be talking about this, and we need to press Romney to clarify his position (and hope for the best), because the damage in loss of support among the base & independent Dem leaning voters is going to be heavy if we don’t get Romney to start taking the CFA & gay marriage issue seriously.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Also, the article says:

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Speaking as an LDS Cub Scout leader, myself, as a Mormon Bishop and Stake President, Romney would have actively blocked homosexuals from working in the Scout program.

His duties included interviewing Scout leader candidates, asking them if they have violated LDS teachings on sexual morality and if they have ever been members of or offered material support to groups which advocate positions opposite to the teachings of the LDS church.

Alberta_Patriot on August 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

They’re waiting to annouce the super stars. Like any good performance, you build excitement, saving the best for last.

WisRich on August 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM

As a strong Palin supporter and someone who thinks that the GOP needs to be cleaned out, I hope she’s not offered a speaking spot. Leaving Palin out will do a lot to fire up the base so that the GOPe will soon be on the outside looking in. The days of the cocktail party set ruling the GOP are numbered. When the GOP disses Palin, they’re also dissing the base.

NoNails on August 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Encouraging.

cs89 on August 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM

You think the CFA diss is bad, now he’s against the Boy Scout ban.
I’m so disgusted at this point, I don’t even know if I can hold my nose.

TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

We’ll be told that it doesn’t matter how many leftist positions Romney adopts before the election, because Obama is such a clear and present danger to the continued existence of America as a country that we HAVE to vote for whoever opposes him no matter what. Romney could announce that a mega-mosque needs to be built on the site of the World Trade Center (or have a VP who says this), and we’ll be told the same thing: Nothing matters except voting Obama out. Romney could turn out to have ties to Saul Alinsky and we’ll be told the same thing.

If you’ve been holding your nose for a couple of decades, you eventually realize that holding your nose in the voting booth hasn’t helped matters very much.

Aitch748 on August 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I couldn’t help but think the same thing when I read the article.

right of the dial on August 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM

What if Romney went rogue and picked Scott Walker as VP??

1nolibgal on August 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Those are not pumps, they are cage wedges and I would wear them in a minute.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

You may wear them, Ms.Munford, but the bigger question….Can you walk in them?

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 2:36 PM

LOL. The fashion critics criticize what they can’t understand. Let’s go on about Mitt’s Brylcreem addiction, if we want to get into some heavy intellectual territory.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

1nolibgal on August 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

It’s funny, almost all of the options are so very important in their current positions.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Palin should speak. Vote Brunner in Missouri.

alwaysfiredup on August 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

No reality-denying ‘bot should be throwing the word “cultist” around.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Project much? As leader of the bitter ‘nista brigade, nobody knows reality-denyin’ more than you.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

LOL…”Romney’s going to win NJ and MI and WI and maybe even CA, OR, WA!!!!! It’s going to be a Mitt-slide!!!!!111!11111!!!!!!”

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

NoNails on August 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I agree. You know, the problem that the ‘bots and squishes and various and sundry other GOPe groupies have is that they really do seem to believe that Palin is as despised and marginalized as they want her to be. She isn’t.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM

So the chairman of the GOP thinks that it would be helpful during a convention to nominate the next leader of the country that one of the speakers should be a person who quit her duties as the governor of a state so that her family can challenge the Kardashians on reality tv?

Seems legit.

At the 2008 convention one of her selling points was the pipeline that she claimed would help America achieve energy independence. Instead of going back and working to get that pipeline completed she quit.

Why is this person a leader in the party?

Why is somebody who toyed with supporters as to whether or not they would run for president a leader in the party?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Maybe Walker will be Romney’s Veep nominee, that’s why he hasn’t been given a speaking slot yet…

Steve Z on August 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

So don’t listen to her.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Palin should speak. Vote Brunner in Missouri.

alwaysfiredup on August 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Didn’t Palin endorse Sarah Steelman for Senate in Missouri?

Steve Z on August 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Because she motivates people and Mitt doesn’t.

katiejane on August 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Because she motivates people and Mitt doesn’t.

katiejane on August 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Obama motivates people.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Because she motivates people and Mitt doesn’t.

katiejane on August 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Quitters motivate others?

If a dem who quit their elected position spoke at their convention you would have a field day.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

puerile.

tom daschle concerned on August 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Joey24007, you are a first class idiot.

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

So you dislike the people she has helped get nominated? She’s not asking you to vote for her for anything, why can’t she do what she can for the team?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Maybe Palin can wear the outfit to Tampa when she speaks…

All class baby.

Redford on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I’m going to have a field day anyway. I mean, Jimmy Carter.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

puerile.

tom daschle concerned on August 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

sure, I mean the best motivators in history have been quitters. Remember when George Washington quit at Valley Forge?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Orrin Hatch?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

puerile.

tom daschle concerned on August 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Had to look that one up. That’s about right.

WisRich on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Good grief, with some of you folks on our side, it will be a miracle if Gov. Romney wins.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

What team?

Palin is for the team now?

wow.

114,697 Alaskans voted for her once. She quit on them to be on tv.

That’s a real leader.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Orin Hatch’s overall history is good and I believe he got a wake up call. We can’t have all rookies in the Senate, we need a few old timers that know how to play the stupid game.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

That is true. So I guess it really must frost your buns that even with all his Mr.Clean attributes Mitt dies not inspire people. He’s not a leader that can motivate people to follow him – something Palin and yes Obama can do.

katiejane on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Jeb Bush? Why?

Don L on August 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

puerile.

tom daschle concerned on August 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Had to look that one up. That’s about right.

WisRich on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

let me know when you guys want to address any of the points I made.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Again, don’t watch her. Hell, don’t vote for Gov. Romney in your righteous indignation.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM

katiejane on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Tell me about the time Mitt Romney quit.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

we need a few old timers that know how to play the stupid game.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Isn’t that how we got into this trouble, Cindy?

Don L on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

He could have been King! I bet a lot of folks thought he was crazy to turn that down.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM

so let me get this straight. As a Republican I am not allowed to comment as to who speaks at the national convention because I don’t think Palin should speak?

I don’t think Bush should be speaking either.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I know it. Those Nista’s aren’t helping at all.

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Don L on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

To a degree, but I am talking procedural maneuvers not cronyism. Let’s get the majority, than demand changes.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

LMAO. Ok, nice logic.

I thought Palin was against that game?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

That is correct sir!

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Meow on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Okay, you moderates take and run with it.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Yep, Orrin Hatch was never in the majority as a Republican. Lets give him another chance…

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

When I think of people who can change things in the Senate I automatically go with a guy that’s been there since the 1970s.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Okay, you moderates take and run with it.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Miss Cindy, can we Conservatives stock up on Vivarin, first?

kingsjester on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Okay, you moderates take and run with it.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Not supporting Palin’s reality tv career makes one a moderate?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Of course you can suggest your preferences, we all can. Bush who, Jeb? Why shouldn’t he speak, former Florida governor in Florida? I don’t care who speaks. If you guys don’t want her, be loud and proud. It’s the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Go for it.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Tell me about the time Mitt Romney quit.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Didn’t he quit Bain to go play with the Olympics?

Didn’t he quit his job as Governor in Massachusetts to campaign for president?

Laying the foundation of a presidential candidacy, Governor Mitt Romney has spent all or part of 212 days outside Massachusetts so far in 2006

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

katiejane on August 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Tell me about the time Mitt Romney quit.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

In 2006, just before he was going to get his ass handed to him by Deval Patrick. It’s pretty odd for such an allegedly brilliant governor as Romney was not to seek re-election, don’tcha think?

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

He’s brother was the President of the United States before Obama…

maybe?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Not supporting Palin’s reality tv career makes one a moderate?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Read Breitbart on social media and pop culture, then get back to me…:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Look, I’m looking at this strategically and you are looking at this emotionally. Have it your way.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Didn’t he quit Bain to go play with the Olympics?

Didn’t he quit his job as Governor in Massachusetts to campaign for president?

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Yep, not running for re-election is the same as quitting your office.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Read Breitbart on social media and pop culture, then get back to me…:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

ROFLMAO.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Ever Sarah Palin ever had a meeting with some of these people, it would take about an hour before her own followers would nail her to a cross.

Alberta_Patriot on August 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Tell me about the time Mitt Romney quit.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Palin was sued out of office.

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I think it would be strategic mistake for Palin to speak at the convention because as a Republican governor of a state in this union she quit.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Palin was sued out of office.

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM

tell me another.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Okay, you moderates take and run with it.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Not supporting Palin’s reality tv career makes one a moderate?

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

What “reality TV career”? Didn’t she make that one series? In other words, on conservative policy grounds what are your objections to Palin? Or is it just that she reminds you of all the chicks who turned you down?

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Do you really think that the audience that will be watching the Republican convention is that unhappy with the Bush administration that it spills over to his sibling? I live in Florida, he was a darn good governor. You sure have a very narrow vision of who is acceptable, which is fine, but are you sure you are the majority of the party opinion?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Yep, not running for re-election is the same as quitting your office.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Not being at your job and doing another is pretty much quiting if you want to play stupid games, and you don’t seem to know any other kind.

Was he at Bain doing his job?

Was he in Massachusetts doing his job?

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM

tell me another.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Sure. Mitt Romney is “severely conservative.” *ba-dum-tisshhh*

Doomberg on August 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Didn’t he quit Bain to go play with the Olympics?

Didn’t he quit his job as Governor in Massachusetts to campaign for president?

sharrukin on August 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Romney asked people to vote for him at Bain?

You are comparing a person leaving a private company to take over the Olympics to a person who quit being a governor in order to have a reality tv show?

ok.

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

joey24007 on August 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

And Jeb, a very successful governor of the state the convention is being held in, shouldn’t speak because he was the brother and son of former presidents? I would LOVE for you to supply us with you list of acceptable speakers.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM