GOP chair: I hope Palin speaks at the convention

posted at 1:11 pm on August 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

“I can’t make that announcement tonight,” RNC chair Reince Priebus told Greta van Susteren last night on Fox when asked about Sarah Palin’s chances of landing a speaking slot at the Republican national convention in Tampa. “I think a lot of her,” Priebus replied, “and hope that she does speak.”  Politico picked up on the exchange:

If Palin does speak, she would join other prominent GOP women whose national profiles have risen since Palin was pushed onto the national spotlight after McCain chose her as his running mate. In addition to Rice, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez also will be speaking.

Palin told a reporter July 25 from The Tampa Bay Times that she’d “have an announcement in a couple of days” regarding the convention, though no announcement came.

The convention organizers are using a roll-out strategy to maximize media attention on selected groupings of speakers.  Yesterday they rolled out a list of seven Republicans with confirmed speaking slots, none of them a surprise or much of a game-changer.  Today, the group released three higher-profile names that balance interests from different wings of the party:

Former Sen. Rick Santorum gave Mitt Romney a run for his money during the Republican primaries. In return, Santorum will get a major speaking role at the Republican National Convention, organizers will announce today.

Convention organizers will also announce they are giving major speaking roles to former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and Sen. Rand Paul, the son of Rep. Ron Paul, another of Romney’s more dogged rivals.

Handing Santorum a prime speaking slot is a hat tip to his underdog presidential campaign. The under-funded, little-known former senator notched a surprising upset in Iowa, where his brand of social conservatism played well among activists. Santorum has been aggressive about wanting a speaking slot. “I have no doubt that we’ll have some role at the convention,” Santorum told CNN last week in an unusually forward statement.

National Journal believes that Rand Paul’s invitation to a prime-time speaking slot will satisfy Ron Paul delegates at the convention:

Picking Paul looks like a particularly elegant solution to what might have been a thorny problem. Ron Paul’s campaign didn’t gain traction with voters, but his supporters understood party rules better than other campaigns, giving them the opportunity to win delegate seats at county and state party conventions. Had Paul won a majority of just one more delegation, he would have been allowed to be formally nominated for president, which could have been a hurdle for organizers trying to arrange an event that will serve as a Romney coronation.

I’m not so sure that will satisfy those delegates.  I’d bet that Ron Paul himself will get a prime-time slot, as well as Newt Gingrich, both of whom made it through most of the primary process challenging Romney for the nomination.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Herman Cain, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry, either.

Today’s announcement was most interesting for the grouping.  Setting aside the relatively unknown Mary Fallin, we have one speaker for the conservo-libertarians, one for social conservatives, and one for center-right pragmatists.  That’s a pretty good trick, one that underscores the strong desire for unity at the Republican convention.

Regarding Palin, I’d guess that her invitation will be promoted on its own.  If Priebus wants her to attend, the organizers will clearly extend the offer.  In case anyone questions Preibus’ desire, Breitbart’s Larry O’Connor asked Priebus to weigh in on the Palin-Cheney debate, and he falls squarely in Palin’s camp:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

1000 comments or bust.

MadisonConservative on August 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

That makes 2 of us.

Or 2 million of us?

aunursa on August 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

OK, so get her a spot so we can quit the guesswork and handwringing over it. Sheesh.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Cuda

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

..I hope so too — especially since they put John “Nothing to fear from an Obama presidency” McLame on the bill. To do otherwise would be a slap in the face.

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

GOP chair: I hope Palin speaks at the convention

From Reince:

Yeah, I’m all in for this ratcheting up about whether Sarah
Palin speaks or not!!!

Oh wait, I’m the RNC CHAIRMAN. Shhhhhh, don’t tell anyone,
but I actually am involved in things of this nature.

HHEEHHHEHHEH.

What an idiot.

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

She’s going to speak. Of course, I’m sure no matter what the arrangements, her rabid fans won’t be happy with anything other than everyone in attendance falling on their face in front of her.

Vyce on August 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

By the way, Jimmy Carter will be addressing the DNC in Charlotte.

joekenha on August 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I will actually watch the night Sarah does speak! Otherwise, probably won’t watch much.
L

letget on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Speak?

She should have been the Nominee.

This is what 1976 feels like all over again. Gerald Ford gets the nomination but Reagan steals the show.

Ugh. Bittersweet disappointment.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

..also, Cheney clarified his comment last night in an interview with Bloviator Hannity by saying that he did not approve of THE PROCESS by which she was put on the ticket. The comment was more of a stinging indictment of McLame rather than Palin.

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Vyce on August 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

You poor thing!

tom daschle concerned on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Given the fact that she said she’s comfortable with the idea of not appearing at the convention, I think it’s a no-go. Just as well. Didn’t the Mittbots say several weeks ago that only current office-holders and former candidates should be allowed on the podium? Let’s go with that.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Give her a spot.

DarkCurrent on August 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

By the way, Jimmy Carter will be addressing the DNC in Charlotte.

joekenha on August 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

..but NOT attend.

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I hope Palin speaks and nukes Obama just as hard as she did in 2008.

Kataklysmic on August 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

It wouldn’t be a bad idea.
I would rather hear her than anything John McCain has to say.

NeoKong on August 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Vyce on August 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Palin’s rabid fans, much like Romney’s rabid fans will never be truely satisfied by anything.

But for the millions of Palin and Romney supporters who are not rabid, and for the sake of showing some unity in opposition of Obama, it would be nice to hear from someone who has done so much for the conservative movement, would you agree?

DrAllecon on August 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Speak?

She should have been the Nominee.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Then she should have run.

JohnGalt23 on August 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Those who think Sarah Palin is a stunner should take a look at Mary Fallin. Please don’t tell my wife I’m in love.

Archivarix on August 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I agreebus with Priebus.

Dongemaharu on August 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM

It wouldn’t be a bad idea.
I would rather hear her than anything John McCain has to say.

NeoKong on August 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I’d rather hear her speak than McCai..Santo..Haley…Paul…
..Christi..

..anybody in the Republican Party.

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

You said it. Instead we’ve got Mitt “those issues aren’t part of my campaign” Romney. The man of the hour of American peril!

rrpjr on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I think if Palin is not invited, we don’t go. And we do what isn’t exactly third party, no, we do it like the Colorado 2010 governor’s race where we almost won, where the Repub nominee was discounted by the Republican electorate. Do the same with Romney, unless he stops dissing the base.
What gets me the most is Friday’s diss of Chick Fil A. At some point I really think Romney by dissing conservatives on Chick Fil A is: 1) giving the base the bird, 2) reinforcing the sense that he’s a spineless issue skirter, and perhaps most importantly: 3) not using the issue to attract a huge number of Dem leaning independents that since Friday have been moving away from Romney (according to the polls).

anotherJoe on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Give her a spot.

DarkCurrent on August 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Right before Romney. If she’s as alienating, divisive, inarticulate and stoooooopid as the ‘bots claim she is, she’ll make Romney look like a god, won’t she? Go for it.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

L

letget on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I’m right with you. I’ll watch any other exciting speaker, but I can’t think of any. Maybe Marco Rubio. Chris Christie. I kinda like Jindal too.

There’s a saying, “he brought the house down”. Has any speaker ever literally brought the house down? Roof collapses, walls fall, stage crumbles? I’d like to watch a speech like that, as long as no one is injured. At least applause and cheering that “shakes the rafters”. Sarah comes closer than anyone. Just watching the reaction as she takes the podium would be something to behold.

/Unapologetic Palinista

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Still provides a nice opportunity for Romney to continue his ‘Obama is worse than Carter’ theme.

joekenha on August 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Risky. I don’t think The Base needs any more stoking; they will be hitting Chick-Fil-A and camping out in front of the polls in November.

However, Romney’s best chance at independent voters is to be perceived as moderate and centrist…. combination of free-marketeer and government stewardship(e.g. state-level RomneyCare) when it makes economic sense.

Palin is a major lightning rod, and could be a distraction to what Romney needs to acheive with independents. I’d use her more tactically, in safe, Red outings.

VastRightWingConspirator on August 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

VastRightWingConspirator on August 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I’ll be so glad when that line of idiocy gets blown away on November 6.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

GOP chair: I hope Palin speaks at the convention

Grow a pair and make it happen…
This whole ‘no Palin’ at the convention thing is why Cheney was partly correct in his stupid comment about her being a bad choice… Bad choice because the GOP FAILED to rabidly defend her and promote her. Stop letting the MSM and the left do that crap; defame our guys and gals without a unified F’ You.

RalphyBoy on August 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

VastRightWingModerateConspirator on August 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

fify

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

What gets me the most is Friday’s diss of Chick Fil A.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

He probably didn’t understand it as a 1st amendment thing. Considered it a gay thing. He didn’t dis it, he just didn’t want to talk about it. He’s not interested in talking about abortion or gay rights.

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

/Unapologetic Palinista

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I just don’t see it happening. The Romney people aren’t going to go along with anything that overshadows Mitt or makes people think we have the wrong nominee.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

DrAllecon on August 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM

If Vyce wasn’t bitching about Palin fans, his life would become meaningless. He’s just happy that way.

Dongemaharu on August 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

rrpjr on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

What part of “she chose not to run” do you not understand?

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Well then his utter lack of comprehension is alarming.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Give her Romney’s spot.

AmeriCuda on August 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I hope Palin speaks and nukes Obama just as hard as she did in 2008.

Kataklysmic on August 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I bet she’s got some great new lines.

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM

What part of “she chose not to run” do you not understand?

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Well she and we were told over and over and over and over that 79% of the GOP didn’t want her to run, 20% of Republicans would vote for Obama if she were the nominee, Romney is The Only One Who Can Beat Obama, blahblahblah. Polls which strangely mean nothing now were gospel then.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Speak?

She should have been the Nominee.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Then she should have run.

JohnGalt23 on August 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

***I cannot disagree.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

If Palin speaks, she’ll say what she thinks. Romney’s team will have no control over that.

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Palin will parachute in, declare herself the nominee, then the convention hall will be rocked by a gigantic Palingasm that will shake Earth so badly California will snap off and sink in the middle of the Pacific ocean.

…or not.

NickDeringer on August 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

If Palin speaks, she’d rock the house. Romney can’t manage to rock a phone booth. Simple fact.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

She should hold out until she gets Sect. of Energy and/or Interior, and then throw her support to Mittens.

John the Libertarian on August 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

He didn’t diss CFA, he just said the issue wasn’t part of his campaign. How that amounts to a diss of conservatives, either, is beyond me.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I keep hearing that Gov. Rick Scott of Florida is hated, I live in Florida, I don’t hate him. What’s the deal with that message?

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

…or not.

NickDeringer on August 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

That’s more likely than the prospect of Romney saying something halfway interesting.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Weak tea…

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

She won’t do anything that won’t help Gov. Romney. She will be the Pit bull against The Won. With lipstick.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

NickDeringer on August 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Can you give us a time frame for California breaking off and sinking? We need to get the California contingent of HotAirians out of there.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM

She chose not to run regardless.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I don’t think she’ll be campaigning for him either. I think we’re seeing what she has in mind for 2012: down-ticket stuff.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Give her Romney’s spot.

AmeriCuda on August 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

she didn’t work to earn it, sorry.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

She chose not to run regardless.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

So what? Doesn’t make Romney any less of a milquetoast.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Let the Lady speak.

kingsjester on August 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Reince Priebus is one of the very few on the ‘right’, incl. Romney, who can cogently speak and fight the degenerates on the left. If Romney doesn’t pick a quick VP, in the same form as RP, it’s all lost.

Schadenfreude on August 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

she didn’t work to earn it, sorry.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Neither did Mitt, really.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Weak tea…

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM

…says the cultist.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Didn’t you hear? He’s a Skinhead.

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Give her Jeb Bush’s spot. I mean do we really need that establishment RINO to speak?

D-Bar on August 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Ahhh! I was unaware. Maybe Rep. Mica could lend him one of his bad rugs.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Schadenfreude on August 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Agreed. He’s also one of the few in the GOP establishment who shows appreciation for Palin and her efforts.

Kataklysmic on August 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I think Palin should have her rousing speech where she bashes
Obama like noone else can, then after whipping the crowd into
a frenzy, Palin introduces Romney and the place goes nuts!!!

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

You might be right. If she does it will only be in places where she is a sure thing. Just as well, I don’t want to hear the same old garbage from the folks in the Northeast and California. Boring.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

…says the cultist.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Romney supporter resorts to taunts…

So typical..:)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I also think Palin should have her rousing speech where she bashes
Obama like noone else can, then after whipping the crowd into
a frenzy, Palin introduces Romney and the place goes nuts!!!

Amjean on August 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Seriously folks:

I think at the end of the day, her and Mitt are NOT enemies.
She’ll engage anyone, and he is smart enough to know to
engage with her. She’ll most likely speak there, and she’ll
drop a 500 ton bomb on this Administration, while he sits
there grinning from ear to ear, knowing how much he’ll
benefit from her effectiveness at attacking this administration.

intereting footnote: She was a supporter in early 2000 of
Steve Forbes at the beginning of those Primaries.

ToddPA on August 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM

…says the cultist.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Romney supporter resorts to taunts…

So typical.. :)

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Give her Romney’s spot.

AmeriCuda on August 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

she didn’t work to earn it, sorry.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Exactly.
Same goes for ALL those who chose not to Run. Mitt’s gonna be the nominee. It’s time to accept that fact and move on to working to defeat the O.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Btw: I think she should be allowed to speak.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

[anotherJoe on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM]

I’m not a big Romney fan, but I liked his response and don’t think it was dissing conservatives, unless you’re the kind of conservative that wants a President who thinks everything that goes on in the country is his business.

I thought, as conservatives, we didn’t want a government, and by extension a president, who makes every aspect of public life their business.

Besides, the last thing Romney needs is another week of Obama-like “Squirrel!” being egged on by his base.

Dusty on August 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

she didn’t work to earn it, sorry.

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

And Romney didn’t go beyond the parameters of his campaign to defend 1st amendment rights of a large contingent of the electorate.

If that’s what you think passes for insight, excuse me for bringing it up.

Carry on.

wolfsDad on August 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Weak tea…

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM

…says the cultist.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM

No reality-denying ‘bot should be throwing the word “cultist” around.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Btw: I think she should be allowed to speak.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

How noble of you./

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM

So what? Doesn’t make Romney any less of a milquetoast.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Romney is the nominee. Period. The. End.

Get over yourself. Anybody but Obama.

Obama must be defeated.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I’m guessing she’ll get the speaker slot immediately before the keynoter, who she will introduce. And I’m guessing the keynoter will be Christie.

It’ll be all love and unity at this convention.

Dusty on August 7, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Opening line “I can see Cuba from my hotel!”

hanzblinx on August 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Oh good Lord, there’s a pic on Drudge of Sarah in pumps and a Superman shirt.

John the Libertarian on August 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

VastRightWingConspirator on August 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

That is the type of thinking that alienates many in the base from the GOP establishment.

The disdain of oh, my gawd, keep the trailertrash away from the classy moderates we covet so much is rather clear. Don’t let Palin out of the shed except to fire up those redneck voters in the flyover country. She should be happy we let her cheerlead for Mr.Clean & Preppy.

The GOP brought this dust-up on themselves. Now instead of the main issue of the Convention being Romney & his VP running mate, the idiots in the GOP have made the issue – Will Palin speak at the convention and where?

They should have announced that ” we hope to have speakers that everyone will enjoy hearing and of course that will include our fine candidates from 2008 pending accommodating schedules & speaking slots. Then they could have worked to slide Palin into a slot they were comfortable with – her supporters would have been far less tweaked about a bad slot than they are about her perceived snub.

The GOP/Mitt’s handling of this issue with Palin makes me question their ability to negotiate with other parties.

katiejane on August 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM

VastRightWingConspirator on August 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

WRONG!

Or, I should say, that’s mostly incorrect. In this case, more than ever, the “median voter theory” is wrong. There’s only a few issues of concern for the swing independent voter where Romney doesn’t want to come off as dedicated or too conservative: mainly, that is abortion, and he has not taken an extreme position (as ruling out exceptions for rape & incest) on that.
But the issue of gay marriage works completely in our favor. Not a single voter that is currently in favor of gay marriage and supporting Romney now would switch if Romney came out forcefully against gay marriage; the reason is that these voters support Romney for other reasons, and their support of gay marriage is lukewarm. On the other hand, there is a huge number of Democrat leaning independents and even Dems that are intensely against gay marriage, and this group could be swayed by the single issue of gay marriage, especially in places like NCarolina.
But they will only be swayed if and only if Romney appears to have some dedication and spine on the issue. If they think that he’s just milquetoast mush on the issue, they will turn their heads in disbelief and these Dem leaners will go ahead and vote Dem. Make gay marriage an issue that works for us, not against us.

anotherJoe on August 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Opening line “I can see Cuba from my hotel!”

hanzblinx on August 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Don’t quit your day job…

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

No reality-denying ‘bot should be throwing the word “cultist” around.

ddrintn on August 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Project much? As leader of the bitter ‘nista brigade, nobody knows reality-denyin’ more than you.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Speaking personally, there is no hatchet to bury or olive branch that needs to be passed between Mitt Romney and myself. We have a good relationship and I have great respect for him and I am so thankful the GOP has a strong candidate who understands the private sector and what it takes to get the economy roaring again.
- Governor Sarah Palin

Alberta_Patriot on August 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

The same day I read that, Mark Levin said he really liked him, so I was curious too. Just not curious enough to trouble myself to find out- LOL

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

VastRightWingConspirator on August 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Anymore than Elizabeth Warren is for the Dems?

Bitter Clinger on August 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Oh good Lord, there’s a pic on Drudge of Sarah in pumps and a Superman shirt.

John the Libertarian on August 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I guessed you missed Palin campaigning for Steelman….

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

anotherJoe on August 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

You think the CFA diss is bad, now he’s against the Boy Scout ban.
I’m so disgusted at this point, I don’t even know if I can hold my nose.

TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Now you’re reverting to your inner child..:)

Too funny!

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

You know there is a reason for these threads, right? I’m pretty sure you are in a minority of those who dislike Gov. Palin to the extent to get into a pissing match over any and every thing posted here. But you are in a self righteous minority so I know you feel good about it.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM

TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

*facepalm”

wolfsDad on August 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

The least they can do is let her speak, after running around the country rallying for the GOP and endorsing candidates and attending tea party events for the last 3 years or so. I’ll be really disappointed in them if they don’t. She’s been a tireless champion for them. They wouldn’t dare not invite her…would they?

scalleywag on August 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Cuda

Paul-Cincy on August 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Cuda, woulda, shoulda…

When Palin speaks, it’s a Cud’état.

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I agree, if I want to know I’ll go to a Leftie site. That would entail a trip of a physician for shots. Not worth the trouble.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I guessed you missed Palin campaigning for Steelman….

idesign on August 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Sarah Steelman. Isn’t Missouri voting today?

Missouri loves company… :)

Fallon on August 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM

You think the CFA diss is bad, now he’s against the Boy Scout ban.
I’m so disgusted at this point, I don’t even know if I can hold my nose.

TxAnn56 on August 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Oh jeez

Night Owl on August 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

McLame and Huckabee are both a bizarre choice…first off, romney doesn’t owe nada to mclame, really nothing, as for Huckabee, really don’t see what he would bring (contribution wise) to the Convention….

jimver on August 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM