CNN: Wife of steelworker in new Obama Super PAC ad still had job and health insurance after he lost his

posted at 9:20 pm on August 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

I wonder if Bill Burton and crew knew about this and greenlit the smear anyway or if they didn’t care enough to even find out. Why would they? The point of calling Romney a murderer is to keep him on the defensive; the more ridiculous the charge is, the more media/online oxygen it sucks up and the less air there is for Mitt’s own attacks on O to breathe. They tried a straightforward offensive against Romney’s complex private equity record a few months ago but the results were inconclusive. Now they’re trying again with a bolder, simpler narrative: Romney’s layoffs literally killed people. If you’re a low-information voter who pays attention to this stuff in bits and pieces, a story you’re half-listening to about a rich guy and a steelworker and a plant closing and a young wife tragically dying from cancer sounds really bad, even if it’s a gross smear. In fact, the grosser the smear, the more compelling the half-listened-to story seems. Right, Harry?

Question: Knowing what we know now about the timeline of all this, what’s left of the accusation in the original smear ad? What is it, precisely, that Bain is being faulted for doing or not doing? They shouldn’t have closed down the plant because … it was unfair to expect the workers who were laid off to ever find new jobs with insurance? It was negligent not to predict that some workers’ wives might get laid off too and wouldn’t find a new job for years before they became ill? There appears to be no actual policy or business critique here. It’s just a string of events spread over five whole years, with certain key data omitted, and you’re supposed to infer causation without really being told why or how. This is what the Unicorn Prince has come to after promising four years ago to heal America or whatever. Perfect.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Like a rat deserting a sinking ship, CNN might be the first Obama news network to break from the pack and finally report the truth. Pehaps they smell defeat in November for their false god.

Exit question: Will the rest of the lib media report or ignore this story?

SheVee on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Sarah, my mother died of cancer..

Terrye on August 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

..God bless your mom and God bless you, Terrye. Brave ladies, both. I sincerely hope that she and you are at peace now.

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Terrye on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Where is inthegutter and lowereastside? They sure were prolific all day earlier.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Axelrod won’t let them play after 7.

wargamer6 on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

OT: Does anybody know what’s going on with the Missouri Primary?

trigon on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

While not a direct answer, certainly a quick turn around on the pension news.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Axelrod finally allowed them to nurse.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

uncommon sense on August 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps. – Proverbs 14:15

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I don’t think Ogabe thought this precedent through.

Barry, buddy you own healthcare just before the midterms buddy…..

do YOU REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME?

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

A random act of journalism.

JellyToast on August 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Bill Burton has been exposed over and over again as a slimy little punk. I would imagine as the desperation rises at team Obama, he’s being given a green light to up his sleaze quotient. It’s a toss up between him and Axelrod as to who’s a bigger tool in the Obama toolbox.

BettyRuth on August 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

trigon on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I think there is a link on MKH’s thread. You might have to search a bit.

Cindy Munford on August 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

CNN? CNN? Seriously, CNN?

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

My first thought, too! I bet barack is just SHOCKED that CNN is checking his ass into the boards on this one. He is NOT used to this kind of scrutiny. In fact, he’s used to no media scrutiny at all, so this has got to be giving him major vapors.

Rational Thought on August 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Did this “Joe Soptic” guy belong to the union that was cannibalizing GS Steel into bankruptcy?

You know… The union, that went on strike two years prior to the company folding.

That also seems to be missing from the narrative.

franksalterego on August 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I will be there to tonight. I’ll give you a hint, though. I talk about the $5.95 ribeye steak lunch special at the local strip club a lot.

Call me a walking advertisement for, uh, tips.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

..curse you! This is even more tantalizing! Now I am all in and all I got is that lousy Serbo-Croatian plum brandy. (cf. last night’s thread.)

..see you there!

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Waiting for spin/input from HuffPo.

Then again, at least in the case of inthegutter, he/she is still probably trying to wash away the shame of his/her own posts.

I really think the liblet trolls here are going to largely stay away from this thread, for fear of being (rhetorically) shot down. They’ll wait for another Sarah Palin thread, where they aren’t in need of programmed responses and can just regurgitate they’re same tired lines and talking points of the last four years.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Axelrod won’t let them play after 7.

wargamer6 on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

More like Axelrod isn’t stupid enough to let them into this meat grinder.

They PO’ed so many people lately that some of us are salivating at the opportunity.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

In an interview with Black Enterprise magazine, President Barack Obama blames state and local governments, as well as Congress, for over 14 percent black unemployment.

OT via drudge, weekly standard

blamer in chief at it again

cmsinaz on August 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

But it’s still pro-Obama and anti-Romney and that will stick. People had political ads anyway – this has to turn some stomachs.

I wonder how long until they pull it.

gophergirl on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I wonder if some networks might choose not to air it..

Terrye on August 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Do what McCain didn’t do.

FIGHT!!!!!

PappyD61 on August 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Agreed…

I fall back on my light infantry training, when in an ambush, ATTACK.. engage them close quarters.. it’s at least as likely to cause them to break and run, as it is for you to get shot while huddling in a ditch.

Personally, I favored that approach anyway,.. better to die on your feet like a man, then cowering behind some brush…

and the odds are as good as not, you’ll make them break..

Never let anyone slander your honor, or people will just accept the lie.

mark81150 on August 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Terrye on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

..mean it. You’re a great resource here on HG. See you over at QOTD this evening?

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

The ad was put out by Obama’s Super PAC. Therefore, there is no “I am Barack Obama and I approve this message.”

Bitter Clinger on August 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I blame Obama anyway. He should be on top of what is being carried out in his name.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

OT: Does anybody know what’s going on with the Missouri Primary?

trigon on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

http://minx.cc/?post=331728 – refresh periodically

NotCoach on August 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

And I don’t even believe this guy’s wife is really dead, she probably left him and is in hiding somewhere because this guy is utterly devoid of human emotions and a complete piece of garbage.

But really, what type of husband disgraces his wife’s memory in such a fashion?

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I wonder if he was really married, and to the woman he alleges.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Another one?

You trollin’ for a date?

Or a catfight?

Or manage a tree?

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

OT via drudge, weekly standard

blamer in chief at it again

cmsinaz on August 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

..link here.

He also says he’s “not the president of Black America”.

Got news for ya, Buster Brown, in (92+24+31+20) days, you ain’t gonna be the President of the United States either.

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Considering that he and Bill Burton are butt buddies, he probably did know (by law, he’s not supposed to coordinate, but no one believes that doesn’t happen). I just wanted to be factual about it not coming directly from O’s campaign.

Bitter Clinger on August 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

So Mrs. Soptic lost her insurance due to an on-the-job injury, two years after the steel mill closed down. Did HER employer (who had nothing to do with Romney) pay her disability insurance?

Steve Z on August 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Yeah, I’m still reeling that this came from CNN. New direction means actually reporting facts. What happened to Fox?
And, the poor man..he was used in another commercial by the Obama regime earlier this summer. He’s all in.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oh, I didn’t know he was in another ad. Well, then he’s ok with it then. That makes it worse imo. Levin was shocked on CNN too. Wonder why they broke that.

O/T Trump on Greta now. He’s been invited to the R Convention; wouldn’t say if he’s going to speak or not.

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I think they’re trying to make Soptic into a poor man’s Swift Boat Veteran type.

besser tot als rot on August 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Rational Thought on August 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Well, maybe we’ll get lucky and CNN will look into the background of this scumbag Soptic who decided to sell his soul and his late wife’s memory to the devil.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Terrye on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I’m sorry as well..

my mother passed from undiagnosed breast cancer in 95.. she hid it until it was far too late, she had a terrible phobia about doctors after my sister died from cancer in 78… it’s something that never leaves your dreams the same.. no one should die like that.

mark81150 on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Another one?

You trollin’ for a date?

Or a catfight?

Or manage a tree?

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

..hey, loves me them wimminses.

(Sorry, Terrye, see the abuse I have to take from coz? It’s reprehensible!)

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Steve Z on August 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Her employer really, really killed her. He should be lynched.

besser tot als rot on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

What missing in AllahPundit analysis is two words “Utter Desperation”… Obama is badly losing and he knows it… their internal polls sucks and hence the utter desperation of making up these insane lies, smears, and ads…

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Where’s in the middle to scoff at the jobs this couple had?

CW on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I wonder if he was really married, and to the woman he alleges.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

It’s gotten to the point where nothing would surprise me in the least. DemocRATS have no morals, no class, no human decency. Nothing is sacred for them.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

(Sorry, Terrye, see the abuse I have to take from coz? It’s reprehensible!)

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Don’t play the victim with me bud. I abuse everybody.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Hey, if you throw enough crap against the wall, some should stick

-/David Axelrod

uncommon sense on August 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM

No, it won’t…

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Way to go Mr. Soptic. Using your dead wife as a prop. Very classy.

dirtseller on August 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Repost on MO election:

Watching the MO Senate race returns. This site is the best I picked up from C4P:

Looks like it’s going to be a tight race. I read there are no runoffs either.

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

thanks buddy…

tru dat

cmsinaz on August 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I believe this was also an Obama regime ad.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

In the minds of Obama and his ilk, the ad is “true” in the same sense that his book is “true” because he believes Romney really is evil and hurts people. Facts schmacts!

toby11 on August 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Par for the course.

Jvette on August 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

..remember that other Bain ad they ran and how the guy in that commercial came out saying, while he did not like Romney, he was not going to vote for Obama either?

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

lol—what a den of snakes.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I read that MO is an open primary, don’t know if that’s true.

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Don’t play the victim with me bud. I abuse everybody.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

..putty in your hands, big guy!

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Bitter Clinger on August 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I kinda-sorta know how many things in politics work, so I’m not arguing your points. I can only proceed from the standpoint of me being a politician. And I thank God I’m not even a lawyer.

Realistically–Were I aiming for public office, I’d want to be sure as Gad made little green apples that I know what is being done in my name.

Obama doesn’t seem to care, long as he gets to slur his opponent’s character.

Ina ll Obama’s last races, he got judges to unseal divorce records locked down by other judges. In the case of Mitt, Obama is lacking in that former tactic.

Se he is now reduced to…Gee, what can that be called?

It’s irrelevant what O might know or otherwise. He’s the head of it all, so the buck stops with him.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Just when you thought this ad couldn’t get any more despicable, yeesh. The husband ought to be ashamed of himself, using his wife’s death as a political bludgeon, and so dishonestly too.

changer1701 on August 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The fact that they have to weight the polls +9 to +19 to show Bambi ahead is most of what we need to know, that said if this pap sways the needle in a genuine way….

God my mom died of cancer in 2001 on medicaid in Springfield Ohio…..

now honesty would require me to say she voluntarily quit chemo because my grandma died of the same type of liver cancer a few months earlier and her spirit broke….

were I a lying arse conman like the dork in the ad……I could spin a very nice fairy tale about how government ran healthcare was to blame for my mothers’ rapid decline….

“I was told that medicaid was as good as my insurance and that my mentally ill mother would be taken care of by the state and federal government……socialized medical care killed my mom….”

I am very rapidly getting to the point democrats make me physically ill to look at.

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Romney is not the nominee yet.
He ran vicious negative campaigns against all Primary opposition through super pacs and surrogates Like Mini Mee Michelle and Ron Paul even.
I get the sense Mitt likes to play Mr Nice guy while others do his dirty work, may not be a bad plan, let others fight the smear battles and leave Mitt to hammer the Lyin kING, Dear Reader on the economy and jobs, jobs and the economy.
I see trump coming in on Transcripts etc. Look for someone else to highlight this dishonesty on killing people.

The ads In IA are Fast and Furious from team OBlahBah almost three to one vs Romney.
This had better change after the convention. I get most folks are not paying attention although a lot are watching the Olympics.

ConcealedKerry on August 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Imho, believe it or not the worst offenders on Palin threads are otherwise mostly reasonable people ostensibly on our side who for some reason come unglued at the thought of her.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Just for the record, Bill Burton is a meathead…

d1carter on August 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Exit question: Will the rest of the lib media report or ignore this story?

SheVee on August 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

This is a trick question, right?

Bruno Strozek on August 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

better still the plot thickens….

so mitt hops in a time machine in 1999 at bain capital zooms forward to close down the guys plant and then quantum leaps 6 years forward with brief intervals in between to make sure the cancer was not found while the woman had insurance of her own by bribing the doctor?

well that does it I am voting for the guy who helped put Eric Holder in a position to get 302 people killed!

Barack Obama never used a time machine to kill anybody….

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Holy flippin’ crap—-Mitt Romney is a Time Lord!!!!

Sekhmet on August 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

..putty in your hands, big guy!

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

sweet nothings

Maybe even a reach around, if you’re lucky…
…too creepy, even for me.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The War Planner on August 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

That dude will vote for Romney. He didn’t want to say that on camera out of fear of being put on King Obama’s hit list.

JPeterman on August 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM

OT

% Reporting – 38.6
Akin – 34.9
Steelman – 31.3
Brunner – 29.5

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM

wow.

Sacramento on August 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Democrats, like all other liberals, need to be somehow ‘proven’ right.

I’m truly of the the opinion that, in the science of psychology they ballyhoo so much, liberals need to be lumped into a wholly new category of their own.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Don’t play the victim with me bud. I abuse everybody.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM

esp womens. You big mishogonist meanie.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

aside from the mendacity of this ad, it also points out why health insurance should NOT be distributed through employers. It should be individuals who get insurance, based on their risk factors.

williampeck1958 on August 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I believe this was also an Obama regime ad.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

So Soptic was a Union Worker. Nasty vindictive ad. He probably came out better than the GM Investors did.
Thanks for that ad link; had never seen it.

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I’m going for answer B. And I would still like to see some “attacks” on Obama. Mitt better realize—-and damn quick that he is up against some scorched earth type mofos.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

This crap of insane lies DOES NOT WORK… stop pissing in your pants… This is an act of utter desperation by Obama and his campaign because they know that they are losing very badly… It is not going to work at all and in fact it is certain that they are going to be hurt even much more with this crap…

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

esp womens. You big mishogonist meanie.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

That would be misanthrope lycanthrope you tasty bacon. I only play the misogynist to pique their interest.

cozmo on August 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

You are right, it never works. Bush, Bush, McCain. Estrada, Bork. See you in September.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

God my mom died of cancer in 2001 on medicaid in Springfield Ohio…..

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Sorry to hear about your mother… and yes, you made great point about their utter desperation when they are insanely oversampling democrats in their media polls to make it look like Obama is still doing ok….

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I believe this was also an Obama regime ad.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Thanks for that ad link; had never seen it.

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

My pleasure, Fox. When I heard this on Rush’s show, I was like, here we go again.
And, this proves, despite this being Bill Burton’s bomb out, Obama still owns this guy.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

This is the THE MOST disgusting smear I have ever heard of. I am beginning to think Obama’s guys are on meth… or heroine.

faraway on August 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

God my mom died of cancer in 2001 on medicaid in Springfield Ohio…..

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Democrats, like all other liberals, need to be somehow ‘proven’ right.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Liam while I am inclined in my darker moments and this ad triggered a darker moment in me to agree understand that liberals dominate the mental health professions, and the democrats ensured that with their 52 year stranglehold on the house through grants…..

before the media discovered just how shamelessly biased they would have to go to beat the GOP for President(answer totally all in)the Psyhology profession spun this gem….

now the shrink started dancing and all but guess what nothing happened to him and he was hardly alone…..

remember when Jungle John kerry lost and yjr mental health services floated PEST post election selection trauma?

yeah sounds like a damned satire but it wasn’t…..

the libs would love to be able to do a Soviet health system style “Comrade if you don’t like the Premier we have now since our glorious 2016 revolution you must be crazy…” routine and lobotomize us and keep us in priso…er “hospital”. I suspect…..

Not all of them I am not Tom Cruise but the fact that their field tolerates their idiocy hurts the perception and trust in their profession as a whole…..

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM

These types of lies will never work…Your examples of people above has nothing to do with these insane lies about Romney responsible for the death of factory worker… Again stop pissing in your pants…

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

faraway on August 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Bath salts.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on August 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I’ve seen that, yes. But why does that happen?

I’ve of the view that Conservatives are beset not only by liberals on the Dem side, but also by much of the side on which they are forced. There is no chance, right now, for a third party to speak for Conservatives.

The Tea Party isn’t even a political party in any sense of the word, but look how they/I/we have been vilified without cause, reason, or evidence. Hell! Even our own government considers us somehow suspect of potential criminal acts before the fact.

Sarah motivates, according to the Constitution. I like her, and think this is he niche. I’m no fan, but she does what the Conservative side needs.

Quite unlike Obama and his ilk, who use tragedies in vile heartless attempt to score political points.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Thank you, she is truly in a better place and while I miss her and they had finally found her a good protocol….

I believe we are, in glory, made our peak and we have people ahead of us who guided our hand…..

pain is temporary love goes on….

I am sorry for any who suffer the pain of this monster condition visiting their circle and pray we find a cure one day.

Thanks again and God bless.

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

this is what makes me furious…these people vote and have NO BLOODY CLUE…just believe what brian williams tells them that night…

cmsinaz on August 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM

And those people that you mention never vote Republican…In fact many of them do not vote…fortunately…

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Can’t believe CNN actually let the cat outta the bag on this.

I also can’t believe that this Soptic guy did this. What was he thinking? If someone asked me to stretch the “truth,” omit the facts and pretty much lie like this to discredit Obama, I still couldn’t do it.

stukinIL4now on August 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

1,185 of 3,428 precincts reporting (35%) U.S. Senate, Missouri Todd Akin [R] 77,112 35% Sarah Steelman [R] 68,281 31% John Brunner [R] 64,843 29%

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

the future of economic freedom relies on the highly motivated idiots of this nation from ’08 staying home and getting stoned in ’12.

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Scientologists hate the field of psychology, they discount it. Odd, but their audits require its use. Glad my former Scientologist g/f dumped me. And that’s okay. I’m a Bible-thumper, anyway. Well, so much for that liberal ‘tolerance’ bullsnot.

Not only do liberals infest and infect everything, I believe, they ruin everything they touch.

I’ve been a student of the Sciences all my life and, in psychology, liberals have no fit among currently-recognized classifications.

Liberals can be a study all unto themselves, scientifically-speaking.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Can’t believe CNN actually let the cat outta the bag on this.

stukinIL4now on August 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Welcome to the human race that strives for honor, no insult intended….

somehow you don’t feel that an election is grounds for a scorched Earth holy way that justifies violating every tenet of your morals if need be to stop the “dreaded other”….

I do have a serious question, when I was telling people in ’04 through this year that the Dems will literally stop at nothing to get their way….

is stuff like this convincing anyone who was trying to say, “no no even if they are bad the innate goodness of the American people and our own honor require us to be better than them” even in ’08 that perhaps it may finally be getting close to time to look past the media’s never to come in my opinion adulation and speak frankly to the American people about the ruthless ambition the $uper$tate types have to wreck our way of life?

I mean….anyone at all?

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

In all campaigns in the history of the world before 2012, this would sink the candidate.

faraway on August 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I’ve always admired Sarah Palin. Before she came on the National scene, there was no one that spoke for the Conservatives. Of course she’s done much more than just speak; she’s all about action!

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I actually remember seeing a story on this steel mill being closed down and they were trying to tie this to Romney.

What I do remember is that Romney was long gone, and that it was another company that came in with a partial buy of the mill, and so the union ended up having to negotiate for a new contract. The union wouldn’t agree to any new proposals so they went on strike. At the same time steel prices were crashing and the company just couldn’t stay in business, so they folded and went out of business.

In the end it was the union that was responsible for this guy losing his job, not Romney or Bain. That is really who he should blame for not being able to work at such great wages.

Ronaldusmax on August 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

mnjg on August 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I guess we shall see, but thanks for the pep talk coach. But I do like the warm feeling of security it gives me.

arnold ziffel on August 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

The worst enemy of a political candidate is not his opponent, but the one who can motivate the electorate against him.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

OK, so this horrible, bitter man originally appears in an official Obama campaign ad. Then somewhere along the line, he shares the story about the death of his wife – and how he blames Romney. Well the Obama campaign decides that telling his story is a little beneath them (play along with me) so they decide to hand this off to Burton, knowing full well that he’ll run with it.

So would this violate the campaign/PAC relationship?

Hill60 on August 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

faraway on August 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Think about the morality of the type of followers who would engage in this behavior, and a leader who holds them to his bosom with a totally supine press running interference for him to isolate him from negative feedback correction instincts…..

now give that guy the US military as a toy…..

now….hand that guy a 5% popular vote loss with say a 75 point electoral college drubbing…..

you gonna bet the baby’s shoe money he will respond like the last 43 guys at losing?

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I’m new at the underpands gnome thing….

“I lost my job”

“My wife died”

?????

“BLAME ROMNEY!”

…did I get it right?

29Victor on August 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Those of us that have our wits about us, have known that for a long time. Good vs Evil. You’ve put it in terms that can be more easily understood. This why they have tried to destroy her and there is a reason they can’t. I’m sure you know that reason if you are a Bible thumper.

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

So would this violate the campaign/PAC relationship?

Hill60 on August 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

depends….

is there a “-d” after the candidates name?

to whit….

Scooter Libby-ARGH ELEVENTY send him off the plank matey!

(that is the GOP you should hear the democrats in the next boat over…)

Eric Holder’s many lies and perjury moments….

“crickets”

I can make this list as long as you’d like…..

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

“CNN might be the first Obama news network to break from the pack and finally report the truth. Pehaps they smell defeat in November for their false god.

SheVee “

Really doubt it. Just check CNN.com to see all the “opinion” pieces they run.

Zaggs on August 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Really doubt it. Just check CNN.com to see all the “opinion” pieces they run.

Zaggs on August 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM

best case sceanrio I can see is CNN and the Big 3 hedging their bets….

MSDNC is beyond hope….

had this ad been directly tied to Obama rather than Burton there is NO chance they’d be this hard on it and in all honesty they were NOT that hard…

harlekwin15 on August 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

bluefox on August 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

God works in mysterious ways, and He never fails as according to His will and nature–God is the Majesty of Perfection (as I call Him among all His other Titles in Scripture).

At the risk of getting in Dutch here, I’m glad liberals don’t believe in God. Hell has no place before God and His Heaven.

Liam on August 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM