Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on August 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

[T]hose who fall within the base of the Democratic Party tend not to bite quite as quickly on an unsubstantiated accusation [as Republicans do] — even when the charges are being proposed by their own side. It’s just not the way these folks play the political game and, if truth be told, they are embarrassed that their party has chosen to sign up for the event in the first place.

If you doubt this, good luck finding a Democratic leader willing to stand up for Harry Reid and his unproven accusations.

***

Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod on Sunday did not disavow claims made by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years, although he didn’t indicate that the campaign had reason to believe the claims are true.

“I don’t know who Harry was talking to,” Axelrod told Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.” “The point here, though, Chris, is the Romney campaign and Gov. Romney can resolve this in 10 seconds – they can release the tax returns.”…

“Why don’t they just put this to rest?” he said. “What is it that he’s hiding?”

***

Democratic National Committee chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., who appeared on “This Week” before Priebus, declined to criticize Reid and said that Romney could clear the air by releasing more returns.

“I do know that Mitt Romney could clear this up in 10 seconds by releasing the 23 years of tax returns that he gave to John McCain when he was being vetted for vice president. Or even 12 years of tax returns that his own father said were what was appropriate. Because one year of tax returns, like he’s released, could just be for show,” said Wasserman Schultz, who added that she does not know Reid’s source.”Like the overwhelming majority of voters believe, because the polls all show, that Mitt Romney owes us more than one year of tax returns. Owes us answers to questions about his overseas investments, owes us answers to questions about why he’s decided to invest in foreign countries, as opposed to investing in the United States.”

***

Schieffer compared the whole controversy with Reid and Romney to the days of Joe McCarthy.

“Isn’t this kind of like Joe McCarthy back in the era when he said, ‘I have in my hand the names of 400 people in the State Department who are communists’? It turns out he didn’t, and he was saying that the way to prove that they’re not is for them to come forward there. I mean, asking somebody to come forward just because there’s been an unsubstantiated charge, that’s a little thin to me.”

[Former Ohio Gov. Ted] Strickland insisted that the people “deserve to know” what is in Romney’s taxes, and defended Reid by saying that Romney’s lack of transparency on his returns “invites speculation.”

***

Candy Crowley, CNN: To the propriety of the leader of the Democrats in the Senate accusing, based on a source, the Republican nominee of not paying any taxes for 10 years, is that something that Chicago has encouraged? Do you want him to stop?

Robert Gibbs: Let’s be clear, I don’t think anybody controls Harry Reid.

Crowley: But if you asked him to stop, he would.

Gibbs: Again, put the tax returns out. Put this whole thing to rest. Candy, have you ever seen anybody go to such great lengths to not put something out? And when you generally don’t put something out, isn’t it because you’re generally hiding something?

***

Robert Gibbs on CNN and David Axelrod on Fox in their own Sunday turns expertly avoided commenting on Reid’s tactics (although they were asked to repeatedly) and did their more-in-sadness-than-in-anger act suggesting that all Romney has to do is release more years and everything will be just fine.

But it is all status quo: Romney has no intention of releasing additional years; the media will keep demanding it; most Republicans will quietly gripe that Romney has handled this all badly; many Republicans will quietly argue that Romney should and will put out additional years; a few Republicans will continue to break ranks and publicly urge Romney to put out additional years; the Obama campaign and the White House will continue to laugh and laugh and laugh at how easily they have hijacked the debate, moved the spotlight off the economy, and put Romney on the defensive; and polls will show a mixed verdict on if the matter is hurting Romney or not.

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 1:55 AM

People who say there isn’t a dime’s worth of difference between Romney & Obama don’t know their *ss from a hole in the ground, IMO. Romney — at the very worst — is a squishy RINO. We can survive a POTUS who is a squishy RINO. We cannot survive 4 more years of a “more flexible” Obama. Point.Blank.Period.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM

GOP convention: 20 days
Dem convention: 26 days
1st presidential debate: 56 days
VP debate: 65 days
2nd presidential debate: 70 days
3rd presidential debate: 76 days
Election Day: 91 days

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Good night arnold ziffel

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Goodnight, arnold!

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Remember that Obama hates Nasa, diminished it as soon as he got there, had its stupid new administrator say that “Nasa is now in charge of better relations among muzzies”, all the layoffs and etc.

Tomorrow morning he’ll claim “I built all that”.

Go to hell, Liar.

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Thanks for building that, and for your public service :)

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

First — if it isn’t a “personal matter,” then why are you asking for PERSONAL things like tax returns that no candidate is required to disclose? It isn’t like you are asking for policy things, like, say Fast & Furious documents. Second, the Dems are asking the equivalent of “when did you stop beating your wife” questions here.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

superb display of logic, too bad it’s wasted on someone who lacks not only logic, but common sense too…

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Remember that time we all mocked Newt Gingrich for wanting to do big things with NASA?

That was awesome.

/sarc

Robert_Paulson on August 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM

That’s exactly my point, DS. As I said earlier, if we need to primary him in ’16, so be it. I’m there. But if we follow this insane “logic” that some have of wanting another 4 yrs of Barry so that the conservatives can “come back even stronger,” there won’t be much left of this great country to save! FIRST we must stop the bleeding.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I’ve never said that Romney has to release his taxes, I’m saying that if he doesn’t then people will grow suspicious and the election will be diverted away from crucial issues to distractions like this. That’s presumably why his dad released his taxes, is it not?

When McCain vetted Romney for VP, (so I learned from the QOTD), Romney let McCain look at a few decades of his taxes. Don’t American voters have a similar right to vet Romney as McCain does? Are our elites allowed to vet our leaders while the American voters are kept in the dark?

American elections, if we still are a shining city on a hill, are supposed to be based on truth and transparency, not cretins that need to hide in the shadows for fear of the truth.

But Romney doesn’t have to release his taxes, he can keep all the secrets he wants, I guess. We’ll see how it works, but I think suspicions will grow and will culminate nearer to the election and Romney is as unelectable as Obama. It’s a race to the bottom, and it doesn’t have to be.

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

BTW, Romney raised $101.3 million in July — 94% from donors less than $250. Obama’s numbers haven’t been released yet that I can find (take that FWIW — they’re either “fixing” the books to make it look like they raised more, or the numbers suck).

That should put to bed the “Romney lost the last 40 days” and “the Dems now have the momentum” memes.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I am working on it!..:)

Dire Straits on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Thanks for building that, and for your public service :)

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

You’re welcomed of course. I didn’t build it though. So if if it’s wrong, do I still catch the blame?

The NASA folks should have gone with red shirts. ; )

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Romney should never release any more taxes than the promised 2011 ones. Period. I don’t care who you are or what ails you.

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Evening, Bmore! How are you?

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Tomorrow morning he’ll claim “I built all that”.

Go to hell, Liar.

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

rest assured :-)…counting the days till he goes all Louis IV: ‘L’État, c’est moi’…though I know he prefers the term ‘government’…guess it sounds a tad more benign than statism…

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

The NASA folks should have gone with red shirts. ; )

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I hate clubby and teamy things. The same t-shirt a team doesn’t make, and it looks sooooo…..Chinese or Russian, especially in red :)

I’m with Groucho Marx “I don’t join clubs that would have me” or similar.

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

You got that right. Barry will probably work it into his stump speech.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM

The NASA folks should have gone with red shirts. ; )

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM

lol :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:14 AM

“I killed Osama with my own hands and I built Curiosity”

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:15 AM

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Took you’re advice, took a look at Gary Johnson. Watched a few interviews, did some reading, checked out ten years worth of his tax returns. It’s not his time. He simply isn’t ready. Took a whole bunch of Federal funds today also. Floating Rock, if the first objective is to rid the land of 0. You’re going to piss your vote away on him. He will not win no matter how much wish casting you do.

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Thank you — I have my moments.

And yeah, like talking to a wall with that one.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Thanks for that. I’ve been waiting for those numbers.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Tomorrow morning he’ll claim “I built all that”.

Go to hell, Liar.

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I actually hope he does, then Romney can remind everyone that he outsourced our space program to Russia.

Rover is it for NASA under the Obama regime — there isn’t one other program scheduled.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Evening, Bmore! How are you?

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I am well Grace, just preparing to turn in. Hope you are well also. I really do think red shirts would have been better. Red planet and all.

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I am working on it!..:)

Dire Straits on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

There we go!

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Thanks for that. I’ve been waiting for those numbers.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I live to serve! :-)

(I’ve been dying for those numbers myself).

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Sorry, should have read 4Grace, or the lovely and talented one. ; )

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Thank you, I appreciate that you gave him the consideration. Obviously I disagree that he’s not ready, in fact he is the most qualified candidate in the race, being the only candidate that was popular enough to win a second term. His record is the most impressive of them all, he actually cut spending and balanced the budget in a blue or purple state under the Republican banner and improved the economy of his state more than any of the other candidates for their respective states.

Gary Johnson is a proven reformer in the greatest American tradition and is the right man at the right time.

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I’m good. Gearing up for a very busy week, so I can’t stay on too late, either.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Well, I’ve hit my FR saturation point. G’night all.

a capella on August 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Sorry, should have read 4Grace, or the lovely and talented one. ; )

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Haha. No worries. I didn’t even notice. We all tend to shorten/abbreviate names here. I’m one of the worst. :)

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I am working on it!..:)

Dire Straits on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Evening Dire, thought you had already crashed. Quiet here this evening. : )

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM

It’s all about Obama, not the people who made this happen.

God, how I hate these bastids.

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:26 AM

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Perhaps, he is also going to lose.

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Well, I’ve hit my FR saturation point. G’night all.

a capella on August 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM

LOL. Goodnight, a capella!

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM

He is a good guy and you are delusional.

Obama is a degenerate and will destroy the land.

Romney is not great, will slow down the destruction.

You can vote for whomever you wish but either Mitt or Degenerate will be president.

Schadenfreude on August 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM

SPACEMAN

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Good night a capella!

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Most importantly, Gary Johnson’s success as a popular two term governor was not at the expense of our Constitutional rights.

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:33 AM

WHAT REAL ACHIEVEMENT LOOKS LIKE – AND WHY OBAMA WILL LOSE THIS ELECTION!!!:

williamg on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

in other words, he has to release his taxes :-)…dude, you have twisted yourself in the most convoluted pretzel there is to build that whole ‘argument’ that ends up refuting its own premise…logic is not your forte, really, give it up….

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Can someone look up or remind me how many tax returns John Kerry released?

skeeterbite on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I’m sure someone will post Rocket Man, so I’ll post the better version.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Quote gone astray, or some subliminal allusion?

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

LOL. I thought about that song, but went with Nilsson. Shatner & Nilsson…two greats. :)

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Can someone look up or remind me how many tax returns John Kerry released?

skeeterbite on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Kerry released tax returns — it was his wife (the one with the money Terese Heinz-Kerry) who didn’t refused to release hers. They filed separately, so Kerry’s tax returns were basically only his Senate salary — you know, a man of the people, despite his wife’s supporting him on the hundreds of millions she got upon her first husband’s death.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Should have read:

it was his wife (the one with the money) Teresa Heinz-Kerry who didn’t/refused to release hers.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Venus and Mars

bayview on August 6, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Quote gone astray, or some subliminal allusion?

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Lol! Not sure what I was going for there exactly. A little like voting for Gary Johnson me thinks. ; )

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Can someone look up or remind me how many tax returns John Kerry released?

skeeterbite on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

….umm, a whopping 4…

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM

should have put a sarc tag :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM

A SPACE ODYSSEY

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Didn’t Romney’s Dad pass away?

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Didn’t Romney’s Dad pass away?

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM

over 15 years ago

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM

bayview on August 6, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Nice one, bayview!

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I probably missed the whole rover thing. Crash landing with a fire ball?

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Didn’t Romney’s Dad pass away?

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM

over 15 years ago

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Yes, and yet it appears that even death cannot prevent Romney Sr. from being “disappointed” in his son.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I probably missed the whole rover thing. Crash landing with a fire ball?

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 2:47 AM

no, sublime landing :)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Didn’t Romney’s Dad pass away?

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM

yes, in 1995.

Alberta_Patriot on August 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Mitt should turn this around, agree to release five years of tax returns if Reid releases five.

Axelrod and Debbie Douche would say weeeell, bygones.

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I probably missed the whole rover thing. Crash landing with a fire ball?

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Nope, because Obama designed it. And built it. And ran the controls. I think he might have created Mars, too.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM

telepathically I presume :)…or maybe they Romney to pull a Hamlet :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:49 AM

you don’t say? It’s like we’re the most advanced country on the planet or something.

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Nope, because Obama designed it. And built it. And ran the controls.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

yeah, but it was all for the collective good and benefit, as Holdren put it: ‘the rover is ours/yours’ or a variation: ‘my rover is your rover’ :-)…there, voila, now you’re part of it :)…can you think of anything more uplifting and sublime?? :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:55 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Just what do you think you are doing, Dave?

Open the pod bay doors HAL.

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM

or maybe they Romney to pull a Hamlet :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

ROFL

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

he also killed Osamu, with his bare hands, he dropped a toilet on his head from the fifth floor.

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM

So then, I can deduce the following lib meme:

John F’n Kerry….Uh, my wife supports me (She provides me with my entitlements, and by the way, that’s her f’n boat)

Cabinet member Geithner…Sorry, Turbo screwed me, and I don’t need to pay my f’n taxes

Tom Daschle…Oh nevermind. I’ll just fade into obscurity

Obama…My daughters deserve $34K in tax free gifts, so f off

Progressive office holders: Taxes…I don’t need to pay no f’n taxes!

skeeterbite on August 6, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Just what do you think you are doing, Dave?

Open the pod bay doors HAL.

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Best part of the movie.

How are ya, SP?

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Ok, that was way cool.

*clink*

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM

in other words, he has to release his taxes :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Romney doesn’t have to release his taxes, that’s up to him, and it’s not up to me whether or not there are any consequences for his decision. I’m not responsible for any of this, the only role I play is political analysis. It just so happens that it suits my interests if the truth be known about Obama and Romney and finally becomes part of the debate, but I don’t control events. I’m not responsible for Romney and Harry Reid and all of the distractions that both parties have manufactured to avoid facing the truth and dealing with the very real problems our nation faces. I don’t care very much about whether or not Romney paid taxes for 10 years or not. Even if it’s true, while it may seem odd for somebody with so much wealth to avoid taxes for an entire decade it may be perfectly justifiable.

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 2:53 AM

yeah, but we wouldn’t be that if not for the government…you/we didn’t build that (rover that is :-)…so, enjoy, but realize in the meantime how incredibly lucky we are to have our government to build cool stuff for us :-)…oh, and the rover is yours too (it’s everybody’s rover apparently), as per Holdren….in case you missed his interview too, not just the landing :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Yep, I thought he had. Not sure what bearing he has on how Romney should proceed then. With the taxes that is. I think Mitt has released enough tax info. I took the time to look them over a bit. Looked okay to me. You would think if there had been issues with them, the IRS might have contacted him. Especially in light of Reid’s acuzations. I would think its safe to say then, that Romneys accountants did a good job. I just don’t see a problem. Unless Mitt changes his mind.

Maybe the NASA folks could have gone with orange shirts, it’s close to red.

Good Night All.

Bmore on August 6, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Well, I’m done. Good night all — pleasant dreams.

Dark Star on August 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I’m a little low on B9. Otherwise fine and dandy.

How are you?

Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do.
I’m half crazy all for the love of you and B9.
It won’t be a stylish marriage,

*slow HAL voice*

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM

I might buy that, if you spent 1 tenth the time harping on O’s traits and actions that you do on Romney’s.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM

HAL: Just what do you think you are doing, Dave?

Dave: Dave is not here.

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Night, Bmore. Have a blessed Monday!

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:06 AM

O’s got an ad on now, Mitt pays a lower rate than you.

these people are idiots. They don’t know what capital gains are.

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Night, Dark Star.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:06 AM

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Lolz, nice singing SP/Hal!

I’m good. A cold front came through & it was only 94 today. I pulled out my electric blanket.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM

who thought Priest was a ripoff? I needed precisely three times more vampires to die. Where was Abe f ing Lincoln?

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I missed that. Is Priest a movie or TV series?

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:14 AM

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:16 AM

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM

oh, lookie, the truth cometh out, ‘it just so happens that it suits my interests’ :) aww, silly me, and I thought you were the last idealist in America in search for the truth :-)…

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Priest was a movie with the Guy from Wimbledon Paul Bettany

also First Knight

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:19 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM

I went walking in the woods. The shade was so nice compared to direct sun exposure. I love trees.

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:16 AM

and don’t you forget that!! :-)..

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:16 AM

He built my house! I believe he was the founder of my town, maybe of the whole state of Texas. That’s what Harry Reid said.

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:21 AM

or maybe they Romney to pull a Hamlet :-)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

ROFL

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 2:56 AM

should have read: ‘unless they expect Romney to pull a Hamlet’…you got the idea :)

jimver on August 6, 2012 at 3:22 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I’ve done that here for years before you even showed up, and now I harp on them both simultaneously because they are both guilty of many of the same offenses.

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:24 AM

SparkPlug on August 6, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Sounds heavenly. Trees are scarce in my neck of the woods (oh, funny!). I’m looking forward to a mountain getaway in a couple of weeks!

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:24 AM

One more song and I’m outta here.

The Universe Song

Goodnight all. Have a great Monday!

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:33 AM

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:24 AM

you don’t “harp” on them equally. That would be an impossible task. You “harp” on Mitt, probably because you like him…he is handsome.

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM

4Grace on August 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Are you aware that our congress is infested by a great number of insider traders? If not for their elite status, if they were subject to the same laws that you and I are they would go to prison, but instead they’re still their and they’re still in charge. They’re the same cronies who crawled in bed with the corrupt Wall Street banks and financial institution that bankrupted our country and created a huge housing/debt bubble just at the moment when half of America is about supposed to retire on the dole in the coming few years.

Baby steps are not in order, we cannot afford another four years of Obama or Romney. They and those like them are the cause of our problems, not the solution.

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Gary Johnson is the solution candidate.

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM

You should attend one of his rallies and then faint like the Obama Hope-n-Changers did. : )

FloatingRock on August 6, 2012 at 3:41 AM

what do you suggest Rock?

we’re the US. We can afford anything.

It is one or the other you know? Just grope reality…maybe you’ll catch on.

Slade73 on August 6, 2012 at 3:43 AM