Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on August 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Time once again to pare down the week’s gaffes to pick the Obamateurism of the Week! We’ve had over 700,000 of these entries — excuse me, 700 – many from sources even more independent and non-partisan as Obama’s!  Make sure you take that new confidence of yours into the voting booth … but when all else fails, stick with the base-ics.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

leading from behing 2012!

cmsinaz on August 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Million, billion, trillion…whatever, peons.

Basically I’m going to spend more of your money even though we’re broke. Now bow down and kiss my feet.

CorporatePiggy on August 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

behind…dang it

cmsinaz on August 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Base closing. Definitely the base closing.

madmonkphotog on August 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Million, billion, trillion…whatever, peons.

CorporatePiggy on August 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Exactly.

petefrt on August 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

In recent weeks the choice was obvious.

“You didn’t build that.”
“Our plan worked.”

Now I actually have to think? Gee whiz!

aunursa on August 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

It’s going to be a hard landing. Don’t tell the locals. They might panic.

I like the poll format this week. No Obama graphics in the way to make the numbers hard to read.

backwoods conservative on August 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

No obvious pick this week.
I went with #2 because of the subject of paying down the debt by increasing it.

22044 on August 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM

A vote for me is a vote for unemployment.

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM

In recent weeks the choice was obvious.

“You didn’t build that.”
“Our plan worked.”

Now I actually have to think? Gee whiz!

aunursa on August 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

It comes with being a conservative. Spending too much time not thinking is one of the major causes of liberalism.

backwoods conservative on August 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

This is a close one, but notice that most of them involve the Liar-in-Chief doing his thing.

Christian Conservative on August 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Yes, we need to close bases in order to balance the budget. What? This base, that I am visiting, is in an important swing state? We need to find a good use for this base!

EliTheBean on August 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Praising America while giving her the finger!

OldEnglish on August 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I had to go with #4. At this point, all Obama’s got is to just make it up as he goes. He wouldn’t recognize truth if it walked up and bit him.

TulsAmerican on August 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

“Because we’re leading around the world, people have a new attitude toward America. There’s more confidence in our leadership. We see it everywhere we go.”

Someone told Barry to knock off using “I” and “my” so much and to use “we” and “our” more; and that isn’t confidence, Barry, it’s laughter.

Joke sent from Germany to hubby:

George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, and Vladimir Putin all die and go to hell.

While there, they spy a red phone and ask what the phone is for. The devil tells them it is for calling back to Earth.

Putin asks to call Russia and talks for five minutes. When he is
finished the devil informs him that the cost is a million rubles, so Putin writes him a check.

Next, Queen Elizabeth calls England and talks for 30 minutes. When she is finished the devil informs her that the cost is six million pounds, so she writes him a check.

Finally George Bush gets his turn and talks for four hours. When he is finished the devil informs him that the cost is five dollars.

When Putin hears this he goes ballistic and asks the devil why Bush got to call the USA so cheaply.

The devil smiles and replies: “Since Obama took over, the country has gone to hell, so it’s a local call.”

Frankly, I’m surprised to learn the devil takes checks… and dollars.

Tough choice between three and five this week. One and two, more spending (variations of ‘math is hard’) and four is just more blatant lying.

Fallon on August 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I shall have a coffee before deciding between the New Attitude and the base closing.

Philly on August 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Come to Idaho..
Go to Israel…
Go back to Cairo..

Electrongod on August 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I’ve got the whole in my hand.. the whole world in my hand

koaiko on August 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

No. 4 was not technically a lie if you believe that only your followers think independently. This illogic characterizes what passes for objective reality among progressives.

KW64 on August 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Yeah, that’s right! You are real popular in Martha’s Vinyard, parts of Hawaii, and any socialist pigsty. You don’t get the same reaction in Texas, do ya?

ExpressoBold on August 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Went with door #2:

Says his plan will “pay down the national debt,” adds $10 trillion

The deficit is a tremendous threat to the country, it will become a threat to our national security as defense is cut back, as the working stiffs are overtaxed, and the backlash from entitlement programs being removed. We’ll be vulnerable from all sides.

“Meanwhile, the President’s party in the Senate has refused to even produce a budget plan at all for three straight years.”

Pazman on August 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Oh they have a new attitude, all right. And when you leave the room, Barry, they laugh at you. And us. And we’re tired of it.

Philly on August 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Fallon on August 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am so going to steal that joke.

backwoods conservative on August 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

It’s a real see-saw battle between #3 and #5. 5 started out ahead, 3 passed it, now 5 is coming back.

backwoods conservative on August 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

not an overwhelming winner this week as in the past couple….went with the base closing, as “team barry” probably didn’t even know it at the time he landed.

DiabloAzure on August 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Who is telling him this crap? Everyone around the world is laughing at this stool sample.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM

adds $10 trillion

Kenosha Kid on August 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Million vs Billions. Remember that old joke about W asking how many zeroes in a Brazilian? Good times…good times.

CitizenEgg on August 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

ExpressoBold on August 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Yes, he does, because he only sees sycophants in Austin & Houston. Plus illegal aliens, I mean undocumented voters.

KS Rex on August 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I had a hard time choosing between reducing the debt by increasing it and his perception that under His Beneficent Wisdom (should that phrase be trademarked?) the US is thought better of because of him. Sorry, Him.

I finally went with the debt as that actually can hurt. His perception is just empty words that only sycophants would pay any serious attention to. (We pay attention, but not in the sense that we will follow, but in the sense of “what do we have to clean up this time?”)

Kevin K. on August 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Showing up at a military base to thump his own chest, that he’s all in for closing.

That’s chumptastic.

Speakup on August 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

This guys is an absolute scumbag!

Vntnrse on August 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Million, billion, trillion…whatever, peons.

CorporatePiggy on August 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

What strikes me is the situation with our younger folks. We have quite a few on our contract team that are lucky to be making the money they are. But, (big but), when we got here to NY and they saw that they’ll be state taxed at a much higher rate and run the risk of partial state taxes to our home office state on top of it, they’re almost to a person saying they’re still not able to save much. Most of our mechanics and operations specialists make probably between 35-55K and yet they’re still forced into this situation where the government ends up being the means of securing a retirement paycheck. The goverment removes the disgression. It’s heartbreaking to know the government promise of SS will not be there for them. Probably not for folks my age either.

FDR was a genius in this sense, understanding the vicious circle SS would turn into. There is almost no way to fix it unless people either surrender it all to the state or finally say enough and scrap it.

hawkdriver on August 5, 2012 at 10:39 AM

The tough part of this is picking out which one is the most amateurish, as opposed to just plain clueless.

Count to 10 on August 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM

“There’s more confidence in our leadership.” More confidence??? Try NO confidence! The man is delusional.

indyvet on August 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

It can be hard to choose when there are so many examples of incompetence, stupidity, hypocrisy, and mendacity every week from the SCFOAMAF.

WhatNot on August 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

indyvet on August 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

“Trust me. I know what I’m doing.”

backwoods conservative on August 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Base closing… why military members EVER vote DIMocrat is beyond me…

Khun Joe on August 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

When there’s no clear-cut Obamateurism, I’m starting to go with the one that offends my sensibilities the most.

This one just reeks of a boy king, surrounded and tightly ‘managed’ by sychophants and idolaters, and never allowed to hear dissent as they know how badly it crushes the narcissistic bubble he lives in. “They LOVE you, my king, they LOVE YOU!!” – Valerie Jarrett

Harbingeing on August 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Says his plan will “pay down the national debt,” adds $10 trillion

…well, I f’d up again as far as voting with everybody else…the government media let’s JugEars get away with this kind of talk daily for over a thousand days now so I should be used to it.

KOOLAID2 on August 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Because we’re leading around the world. Yea, cause I loves me some Chavez early in the morning.

skeeterbite on August 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Flies in to say: “Hello you must be going.” at base.

profitsbeard on August 5, 2012 at 11:32 AM

This man is a complete utter embarrassment!

Winebabe on August 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

#3. Indicitive of the bubble in which he lives.

Maddie on August 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

There’s more confidence in our leadership. We see it everywhere we go.”

Wait ’till he brings his jive turkey azz to NC.

TheClearRiver on August 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Groundhog in Chief

Schadenfreude on August 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM

This is what we get when we vote for something “different.” Let’s see if America still wants this “different” in November…whether he gets reelected or not will say alot about Americans. Frankly, I’ve noticed many younger folks have this “entitled” attitude, which fits into this big government mantra. Do we have more of us than we do of them? Hmmmm….

Boodad on August 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Liar, liar, liar, liar.

BetseyRoss on August 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Got narcissism?

0bama sure does.

Only our enemies are happy that 0 is in charge.

jukin3 on August 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

In recent weeks the choice was obvious.

“You didn’t build that.”
“Our plan worked.”

Now I actually have to think? Gee whiz!

aunursa on August 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

In today’s America,
They are all winners.

FlaMurph on August 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Not sure how anyone can pass the pay down the debt while increasing it. It’s just sooooo Owebama.

katablog.com on August 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

This one just reeks of a Choom boy king, surrounded and tightly ‘managed’ by sychophants and idolaters, and never allowed to hear dissent as they know how badly it crushes the narcissistic bubble he lives in. “They LOVE you, my king, they LOVE YOU!!” – Valerie Jarrett
Harbingeing on August 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Green eyed Lady on August 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

It’s a tie, all of them!

jaydee_007 on August 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Base closing… why military members EVER vote DIMocrat is beyond me…

Khun Joe on August 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Especially
this year. I would think that military members and Obama would mix like oil and vinegar. For any of our esteemed servicemen/women to vote for this president (who has already proven he is willing to overstep and abuse his power and authority )to continue as CIC, would seem me to be the equivalent of voting for a lawless despot and giving their allegiance to the advancement and protection and defense of socialism. Our military should be some of the most able to recognize Obama for what he is…and should be the very last people that would ever vote to re-elect this man. It actually becomes a little disconcerting to know that some of our finest men and women will do exactly that.

Oh yeah…I voted for the base closing too.

lynncgb on August 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM

would seem me to

s/b

would seem to me

lynncgb on August 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Rose colored blinders

Gwillie on August 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

In recent weeks the choice was obvious.

“You didn’t build that.”
“Our plan worked.”

Now I actually have to think? Gee whiz!

aunursa on August 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I don’t know, I think that “There’s more confidence in our leadership. We see it everywhere we go.” adds nicely to that set.

AZfederalist on August 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM

“I support the Individual Mandate.”

DannoJyd on August 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Sorry, Ed. I wanted to land my plane cast my vote and close this base close this poll so I’m a few hours delinquent in voting. You get my drift.

ted c on August 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Name a place, one single place, where this is the case.

pilamaye on August 5, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Paying down the debt and the independent group bit are bald-faced lies and the most outrageous of the items. But that’s the way Demorats and he roll. And the snooze media lets Demorats get away with lies. So I really don’t consider it an Obamateurism.

(I voted for the base.)

WannabeAnglican on August 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

There’s more confidence in our leadership. We see it everywhere we go.

“Every single fundraiser we go to, everywhere in the world…!”

eeyore on August 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM

All I can say is–What. A. Putz.

NOMOBO on August 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM