Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on August 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

It’s a cornucopia of Democratic hacks this fine Sunday morning as Axelrod, Gibbs, and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz land on Fox, CNN, and ABC, respectively. Not sure what happened to Bill Burton or Ben LaBolt; if one of them had managed to book a spot on CBS, the Obama-bot talking-point bases would have been fully covered. (NBC is still neck-deep in Olympics coverage so no “Meet the Press” today.)

The good news is that this makes your choice this morning easy: Ted Cruz will sit down with Chris Wallace to talk about the concentrated tea flavor of next year’s Senate. Full line-up via WaPo:

CBS’ Face the Nation: Gov. Bob McDonnell ( R-VA); former Gov. Ted Strickland (D-OH); former Gov. Ed Rendell (D-PA); Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (F-FL); former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor; Michael Crowley, Time; Julianna Goldman, Bloomberg; Nancy Cordes, CBS; Jan Crawford, CBS

ABC’s This Week: Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL); Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus; George Will, ABC; Jonathan Karl, ABC; Ann Coulter, conservative commentator; Van Jones, former Obama White House environmental adviser; Steven Rattner, former Counselor to the Treasury Secretary and lead auto adviser

Fox News Sunday: David Axelrod, Obama campaign senior strategist; Ted Cruz, US Senate Candidate (R-TX); Kimberley Strassel, Wall Street Journal; Joe Trippi, Democratic strategist;Ed Rollins, Republican strategist; Kirsten Powers, Daily Beast

CNN’s State of the Union with Candy Crowley: Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC); Robert Gibbs, Obama campaign senior adviser; Bob Johnson, BET Founder; Carly Fiorina, former Hewlett Packard CEO ; Dana Bash, CNN; Peter Baker, New York Times

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Would those people who “come up and talk to us” all be wearing donkey pins on their lapels? I’ll still bet they are ABO-minded when it comes down to it.
VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Yup…..

gracie on August 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

You guys need a dose of reality.

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Heh. What America will see is the rate went up to 8.3 .

In actuality the MSM gave the report a mixed response dimwit.

CW on August 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I’m volunteering at the WI State Fair GOP booth and people are furious at Mitt Romney and everyone is pessimistic at his chances. That’s all that people talk about when they come up to us…

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM

VietVet…somehow I doubt that gumby is telling us the truth on this.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

If the polls turn out to be wrong and Romney wins, it should be a huge scandal because they would have to have been intentionally fraudulent.

————–

Do you know how to comprehend? They OVERSAMPLE Dems.

Tell us about Wisconsin oh wise one.

CW on August 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Dumby-

One more for fun idiot.

CW on August 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

bayview on August 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Pretty hard to argue against him – a ton of demographics where he has plenty of chances to lose votes.

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Obama is underwater in 37 out of 50 states. If he was a Republican and had those kind of numbers…what chance would the media give him?

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

VietVet…somehow I doubt that gumby is telling us the truth on this.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Is there another state (51-57?) other than Wisconsin that uses “WI” for an abbreviation?
;-)

Gumby… two words… Scott Walker

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Obama is underwater in 37 out of 50 states.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Barry is not worried: he walks on water, and if he is really under water, he’ll part the sea.

bayview on August 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Obama is underwater in 37 out of 50 states.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Hit the strike button instead. So here it goes again:

bayview on August 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

GOOD, CW. Keep ‘em coming. Don’t ley Gumby Dumby up for air.

gracie on August 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Hit the strike button instead. So here it goes again:
bayview on August 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

That’s OK… nothing wrong with seeing Barry striked.

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

It sickens me to say this, but looking at the Electoral College map of possible state wins by each candidate, it doesn’t look good for Romney. Although, the map is based largely on these pseudo polls that just don’t make sense when you actually talk to real people out there. Gumby’s just a troll from DPM who misses my snark remarks ever since their commenting system was changed to a really, really dumb one. I miss those guys. The most likable group of ignorant and hateful libs you ever saw.

HiJack on August 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

GOOD, CW. Keep ‘em coming. Don’t ley Gumby Dumby up for air.

gracie on August 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

He’s taking a break right now… DWS on ABC in 5…4…3… to talk about how disgusted she is with Romney.

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Axel-idiot is on the first block of FNS with Chris Wallace… I’ll pass…

Waiting for the future Senator from Texas in the next block!!

Khun Joe on August 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM

gave up watching these Sunday morning liars about 20 years ago…….what have I missed?

PappyD61 on August 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Heh, me too

Even though FOX has brought out many great talents, I cant even take their schtick. Big haired painted face females, leg shots, and screaming panelists who block out intelligent conversation.

The worst part are the anchors who practice Yang and Yin style fair and balanced interviews on the line of “so, you chase serial killers, but insnt there a positive side to serial killers?”

Plus they never let Pat Caddell finish a sentence and it drives me crazy

If I ever heard the end of the sentence, I could decide if I agree with him or not

entagor on August 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

We know, my friend.It’s hard for any Republican to win…look how many electoral votes NY and CA give the Dems. Just like when I was going through grad school I just kept focusing on the positive…what I knew and not what i hadn’t learned yet. keep going. Romney can win most of the swing states and he can make it to 270. We have 95 more days to make that happen….way more time than the lifetime of most species on earth! There is no room for feeling sick or it doesn’t look good talk. Keep your eye on the prize. We’ll win with that, no matter what else happens around us.

gracie on August 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

“We know, my friend.It’s hard for any Republican to win…look how many electoral votes NY and CA give the Dems”

Add in Illinois and now states like Nevada, New Mexico and Colorado, which are all locks for Obama and it’s extremely difficult for even the best Republican candidate, and impossible for a gutless turd like Romney.

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Wrong again Gumbo. And talk about gutless turds…sounds like the first line of your autobiography. Why don’t u crawl out from under that GOP tent and slither off into the DNC’s swamp.

gracie on August 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM

“Wrong again Gumbo”

About which state?

Illinios?

Nevada?

New Mexico?

Colorado?

Romney is a goner in each and every one of them.

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Courage G&P. Polls in primaries show low numbers for the party members in the primaries because the other candidates in the primary have supporters who will not admit that they will support whoever the party nominates in the Fall. Note that Baldwin’s numbers are not that high even though there has been no attack going on to bring them down. When all is settled, the GOP will unite and Baldwin will have a very tough race.

On the jobs report. The household survey was bad. The business survey only looked good because of seasonal adjustment that many think is skewed by the Auto industry not having their usual outage. This means September will look worse and a bad report close to the election is more important than a tepid report three months out. Labor participation rate went down while unemployment went up–a very bad sign. The orders for manufacturers are down–a very bad sign. Things could well be reaching 8.4% unemployment when we have the October report just before the election. That could make all this “when did you leave Bain Capital and why only two years of tax returns and why did you shelter income from the highest Corporate Tax rates in the World” stuff seem like an excuse for voting for Obama rather than a reason to.

KW64 on August 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Open thread, eh? Maybe we can finally get an answer. It’s been what, four times now?:

So you and I paid for the care and feeding of his horse.

urban elitist on July 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM

For consistency’s sake, you also oppose any/all welfare recipients keeping pets other than service animals, correct?

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Over to you, urban elitist.

rogerb on August 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Gumbo: Since when are Illinois and New Mexico swing states? Romney will take Colorado and Nevada.

gracie on August 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

gracie on August 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Alinsky tactics: try to turn the negative into a positive.

Obama is losing badly in all four states, which is why their moby boy Gumbo is over here screaming that Obama is a lock, that Romney supporters should get disheartened, etc. etc.

Hey Gumbo! Funny how your pathetic, sick Obama can’t tout any of his accomplishments, can he? Why don’t you tell us in how many ways Obama is a loser, you wannabe moby troll?

northdallasthirty on August 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

It sickens me to say this, but looking at the Electoral College map of possible state wins by each candidate, it doesn’t look good for Romney HiJack on August 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Hi Jack,

Courage to you as well fellow GOP teammate.

The good news in Iowa, Colorado, Ohio, Virginia, Fl, & NC is that Obama is under 50%. That means a majority do not want him. Romney just has to be credible to get a majority of the undecided. Obama is no lock and although he could lose the popular vote and win the electoral college, even an electoral college landslide with approvals as low as his is unlikely. The convention and debates are coming coming and Romney has more upside than downside potential to surprise the voters who really first get to know him through those events given the very low expectations bar that the MSM has set for him. Remember that Axelrod is into voter suppression because he doesn’t have much to sell an Obama 2nd term on since Obama will not even say what he will do except pillage the wealthy. Keeping moral up and determination strong is the best response to the Obama campaign of distraction and character assasination.

KW64 on August 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Meanwhile, as for Baldwin, that’s easy; all that needs to be shown is how she’s a sick, disgusting Obama Party bigot who wants to shut down businesses that don’t do her bidding on gay-sex marriage.

We have to remember that Obama bigots like gumbyandpokey don’t see anything wrong with that, so they don’t realize the problem. That’s the fun of this. Everyone knows that Baldwin is a lesbian bigot, a repulsive mooching Obama puppet who hates businesses and is biased and bigoted against Christians.

northdallasthirty on August 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM

KW64 on August 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

+1,000.

Obama has literally nothing to help him other than to make other people stay home.

That’s why the screaming desperate child is out to disenfranchise military voters, cause race riots, and smear, attack, and punish Republicans.

This is where we really start to see the fascist side of the Obama Party and its wannabe brownshirts like gumbyandpokey. These are people who are fanatically frightened of what will happen to them if Obama is knocked out of power, and they will stop at nothing, even murder, to get what they want.

northdallasthirty on August 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM

if there’s another good jobs report, then all he’ll get is Indiana and it will be another landslide win for Obama.

daveyandgoliath on August 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Your problem is that the Friday jobs report wasn’t “good”. Because (A) unemployment rose, and (B) that 168,000 new jobs number will be quietly reduced over the next week or so.

Del Dolemonte on August 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Yeah, it was reported by the Democrat Media as a good jobs report, and that’s really all that matters to low IQ/low information voters like myself.

daveyandgoliath on August 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Del Dolemonte on August 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

You guys need a dose of reality.

daveyandgoliath on August 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Your reality your Desperate Democrat Media running “polls” that oversample Democrats by 19 points. Care to tell us why your side is so afraid of honest public opinion polling?

F-

Del Dolemonte on August 5, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I am not alone…thank you Mr. Cruz!

trs on August 5, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Plus they never let Pat Caddell finish a sentence and it drives me crazy

entagor on August 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Couldn’t agree more. Pat Caddell is great, but he needs a Rovian White Board that he writes his main points on so that he can hold it up for the audience to read while he is being talked over.

KW64 on August 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM

OT We finally got a little rain here last night (about an inch over my place). I think the fires are knocked down, the Sky is no longer orange with smoke. The temperature is only 72 – a great change from our 113 yesterday. Welcome to Oklahoma.

Old Country Boy on August 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

No kidding! As a fellow Okie, what part of the state do you hail from where there was rain? I was hoping for some, especially for those poor folks whose places were burning down. Very sad. Were you in the area of the fires?

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Here is an interesting post on Obama losing more Jewish voters..from Jennifer Rubin.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Looks like Newsweek was right.

daveyandgoliath on August 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM

(Laughter)

Del Dolemonte on August 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Old Country Boy on August 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I was born and raised there and most of my family still lives there…My folks were from Konowa and I was born in Duncan. It tends to get hot and dry in the summer, but the last couple of years have been brutal.

I live in Indiana and last year my husband sold hay to a man from Oklahoma.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

You guys need a dose of reality.

daveyandgoliath on August 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Says the moby troll with his head underwater in the bowl of Koolaid, Hopenchange flavor.

Gee, what originality. “gumbyandpokey”, “daveyandgoliath”. More attempted voter suppression by the idiot child Obama, the desperate screaming brat who is headed for the biggest failure of his life, the one exposing him as an abject, incompetent, narcissistic fool.

northdallasthirty on August 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

PappyD61 on August 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Not much

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

link a little messed up (correction):

My oh my… the Washington COMPost running a negative story? Frankly, its stunning that he has the popularity with the Jewish vote that he does.

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hit the strike button instead. So here it goes again:

bayview on August 5, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Oh, I don’t know..I think maybe he is worried.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

VietVet_Dave on August 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Thank you for fixing that. I read Rubin quite a bit…she is not an Obama fan. I think she is sort of the token conservative at WaPo.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I live in Indiana and last year my husband sold hay to a man from Oklahoma.

Terrye on August 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Small world. My parents and most of my extended family hail from the Duncan-Comanche area. Love that part of the state. Born in South Texas and lived there all my young life, moved to West Texas, and then have been here in OK most of my married life. Still a Texan at heart.

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Wow! Looks like the Dims have sent out all the astroturfers today…must be getting desperate.

d1carter on August 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Dumbyandpokey IS the Classic© useful idiot.

CW on August 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Old Country Boy on August 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Add another. Northeast part. Only 81 right now. Usually about 95 this time.

msupertas on August 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

“Wrong again Gumbo”

About which state?

Illinios?

Nevada?

New Mexico?

Colorado?
Romney is a goner in each and every one of them.

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

You are not a member of mensa, that’s for sure.

VegasRick on August 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Add another. Northeast part. Only 81 right now. Usually about 95 this time.

msupertas on August 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Really? That is called a cold front in OK in the summer. LOL Much needed respite from the 113 deg. days this past week.

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Old Country Boy on August 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM
silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM
msupertas on August 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Hey Fellow Okies!! I am in Comanche County!! Nice to meetcha!!

Hoping for rain later this evening, will be a cool 101 today lol.

The closest fire round here is west of Indiahoma…

I am not a native of OK, I hail from the UK, but it is my home now til the day I die…

I love it here, heat and all!! lol

Have a wonderful day all… :-)

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Hi! Welcome to the U.S. and to our state. Glad to have you here. Been here long?

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Yes! 2 years back ’86 thru ’88 and permanantly since 1990!

Took some getting used to… and I love it here…

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Dumbyandpokey IS the Classic© useful idiot.

CW on August 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

He has never been useful.

bayview on August 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Have you had any close encounters with one of our tornadoes?

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

northdallasthirty on August 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Actually that was yours truly doing some creative editing on gumby’s sig. “Davey and Goliath” was also produced by the same guy who did “Gumby” (Art Clokey) but the religion haters on the Left refuse to believe that Inconvenient Truth, namely that Clokey could (gasp) be religious. They would rather be waterboarded first.

Del Dolemonte on August 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Lol, not yet! The closest I came was the one that hit Norman/Moore, it developed right over us here and went up I44… I wanted to follow it, but watched it on the news… terrible…

I don’t really want a close encounter… and oh earthquakes! Felt 2 so far lol…

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM

You are not a member of mensa, that’s for sure.

VegasRick on August 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Try “Densa”.

Dumbyandpokey IS the Classic© useful idiot.

CW on August 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Weapons-Grade!

Del Dolemonte on August 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Prebus (?) called Harry Reid a dirty liar on ABC. Stephy asked him if he was standing by that, and Prebus said, “I just said it, didn’t I?” HA HA

Night Owl on August 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

The big one in spring 2011 only missed us by half a mile. The landscape totally changed out in our area, with missing neighborhoods. Never been so scared in my life. Seeing your lovely native country during the Olympics, I cannot imagine leaving such a beautiful place and landing here. Must have been quite a shock to you. There are, however, beautiful green spots here in the state.

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I have travelled to the northwest, Black Mesa, out east to Turner Falls, and so many places in between, people just don’t know how wonderful this state is! Here I have the Wichita Mountains for my back yard… and the Wildlife refuge, my fav haunts…

I hail from the West Country, Somerset is my county of birth, I do miss it, think of it often…

Very nice to meet you silvernana, you have a great afternoon!

I am sure we will bump into each other again!

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I’m volunteering at the WI State Fair GOP booth gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

LOL. Sure. And, the Washington Nationals are paying me a ten million dollar bonus to join their starting rotation.

a capella on August 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Scrumpy on August 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Thanks Scrumpy. Enjoyed visiting with you.

silvernana on August 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

“…a cornucopia of Democrat hacks…”

Allah takes the analysis to a new level this Sunday, rating the scum from the left for hackishness, rather than just stupidity. Let’s do the math!

CBS’ Face the Nation: R; D-hack; D; R; R-lib; D-hack; D-hack; D; I.

ABC’s This Week: D-hack; R; R; D; R; D-hack; D

Fox News Sunday: D-hack; R; R; D; R; D.

CNN: R-lib; D-hack; D-goof; R; D; D

CNN impressive with a kook host, two liberal Republicans, and 4 Dems – not a single conservative opinion needed on the issues of the day.

Scoring:

D – 13
Liberal Hacks – 8
R – 11
Other – 1

Another Red Letter day for the pathetic leftist press. It’s going to be a long 90 days.

Jaibones on August 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Why don’t we talk about Larry Sinclair and Obama’s cocaine use in the state senate which IS a felony instead of tax returns.

lilium479 on August 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

and mittens still sux…BIG TIME! (obambi does too!)

Pragmatic on August 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

gumbyandpokey on August 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Retardation invasion today I see.

Wolfmoon on August 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Has anybody ever wondered why these liberal talking heads are such motormouths? Yammer, yammer, yammer, yammer.

ultracon on August 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM