Tennessee Dems denounce their own Senate candidate

posted at 7:01 pm on August 4, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

All eyes are on the Senate this year, given the importance of whether or not the GOP could regain control of the upper chamber in addition to taking the White House. Every seat counts, so it will doubtless come as disturbing news to Republicans that Tennessee Senator Bob Corker could be facing a serious challenge from the Left. His opponent has come out of the primary clearly poised to not only rally the base but round up a fair amount of the independent vote as well. For an update, we go to Bloomberg.

The Tennessee Democratic Party is disavowing the man who won the party’s nomination to challenge Republican Sen. Bob Corker in November, saying the little-known candidate belongs to an anti-gay hate group.

Mark Clayton, 35, reported raising no money and campaigned little but received more than 48,000 votes, twice the number of his nearest competitor in Thursday’s seven-candidate Democratic primary.

A hate group? Who could that be?

“Mark Clayton is associated with a known hate group in Washington, D.C., and the Tennessee Democratic Party disavows his candidacy, will not do anything to promote or support him in any way, and urges Democrats to write-in a candidate of their choice in November,” read the statement.

Clayton is vice president of the Public Advocate of the United States, a Virginia-based group that advocates a conservative social agenda. The Southern Poverty Law Center calls it a hate group. Its opposition to gay rights is extreme: “GAY MUPPETS CONDEMNED BY PUBLIC ADVOCATE AND NOW SENATOR JIM DEMINT,” “Gay Curriculum Already Out Of Closet And Into Some City Classrooms To Millions In New York” and “Eating Chicken Declared A Hate Crime Pro-homosexual Socialist Dictators Attack Private Companies just like their President Barack Obama Attacks Private Companies” read recent press release headlines.

Sure, it’s easy to poke fun at a situation like this. It’s not as if Corker was in any trouble to begin with. But does anyone have their hand on the tiller in Tennessee for the Democrats these days? I’ve traveled to the Volunteer State a fair bit in recent years, and iut’s hard to imagine their being this disorganized. Did they even try? For the record, the Democrats are claiming that he only won because his name came first in the alphabet. I think I’ve heard that one before.

Well, on the plus side… the guy has a really nice looking dog.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

That’s so funny.

Well, on the plus side… the guy has a really nice looking dog.

Let them run the dog in his stead.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

the guy has a really nice looking dog.

“..and a delicious looking dog at that…”- barry.

mittens on August 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM

The dimmycrats don’t have a hand on the tiller anywhere!

n0doz on August 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I received a phone call from an unnamed friend of his in TN who claims that Harry Reid has endorsed him and looks forward to giving him a leadership role when he joins the Senate in January.

mankai on August 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Eating Chicken Declared A Hate Crime

I see that the left is well on its way to grossly marginalizing another word like they marginalized “racism” and all its derivatives.

Amendment X on August 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hmm, we couldn’t have found a Rand Paul Mike Lee to replace Corker?

And when will the Democrats just come out and label Christianity a hate group?

Daemonocracy on August 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Ha ha.

wargamer6 on August 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM

He’s this year’s Alvin Green?

catquilt on August 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM

They praised Byrd up to the day he died. I guess this guy isn’t associated with the KKK.

Buddahpundit on August 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Tennessee Dems denounce their own Senate candidate

Associated with a known hate group

Isn’t that redundant?

kbTexan on August 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

So much for the Dems Big Tent.

vamoose on August 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Well, on the plus side… the guy has a really nice looking dog.

It’s a dog?

I thought he had an ugly wife.

trigon on August 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM

My bullmastiff says “That dog is super cute!”

vityas on August 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

But, but, but I thought that, unlike the GOP, the Democratic Party had a “big tent”!!! What happened?

Everyone can see what the Dems got from Obama finally coming out in support of SSM: THE BIGOT CARD (to add to THE RACE CARD).

From henceforth, if you deviate even the slightest from the party line on SSM, you will be called a “bigot” and a “hater.” If you are an elected official, have a 99.5% percent voting record, but take a principled position opposing SSM, you will be treated like Bill Casey.

Another litmus test has been added. In addition to the “women’s right to choose” orthodoxy, Democrats will not be allowed to deviate even the smallest of iotas from the official party line on the issue of SSM no matter how hate-free their positions are. They will not be tolerated. They cannot be allowed in the party. Purity must be maintained. How else will they be able to paint the Republicans as waging a “War on Gays”? They can’t have Democrats that have sincerely-held opinions that are in kind with the GOP.

Senator Joe Manchin, Senator David Proctor, etc., watch out. You may soon be emulating Ronald Reagan”

“I didn’t leave the Democratic Party. It left me.”

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Associated with a known hate group…

I thought the whole Democratic Party was a hate group …

*rimshot*

Paul-Cincy on August 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Associated with a known hate group…

What hate group would that be? Obama’s and Reid’s democrat party?

RasThavas on August 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Like all leftists, the $PLC suffers from a serious case of projection. They are the very definition of a hate group, since they absolutely hate–and do everything in the power to destroy–anyone with whom they disagree.

ex_machina on August 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Barack Obama here. Wow, are you naive. You have got to be kidding. Everything is going according to plan. America is dying. I am the reason. America is what is wrong with the world. You have to suffer. I can not believe you thought I was an American. No, I am not. I am a world citizen. Borders are illegal in my eyes. Plus, you stole this land anyway. You will not have a nation when I am done with you. I have not even begun to “transform” you. You will “change.” I will make you. Feel free to vote for me. Well, vote for me if you are suicidal. I hate you. I hate your children. I hate your parents for having you. See you in November–suckers. I am Barack Insane-Hussein Obama and I approve this post.

RasThavas on August 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

The democrat party *is* a hate group.

I never cease to be amazed at how stupid democrats are. Some day they are going to find a cure for this mental disorder and my investments into pharmaceuticals is going to pay off big time.

BruthaMan on August 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

And when will the Democrats just come out and label Christianity a hate group?
You mean they haven’t? If they go with the gay marriage plank, they are telling Bible believing Christians to get lost!

Kjeil on August 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

When you’re either promoting or denouncing gay muppets and using one’s position on gay muppets as the barometer of extremism things have really gotten absurd.

Buy Danish on August 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Now if they did so because of those eyebrows I would understand.

Dude get a trimmer.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Liberals believe they are the mainstream. As such, there is no such thing as ‘extreme Left’ to them. There is only the Right and, to them, it is nothing other than ‘extreme’.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM

The Southern Poverty Law Center calls it a hate group.

The SPLC probably thinks the Lions Club is a hate group. The SPLC is nuts.

jnelchef on August 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

The Southern Poverty Law Center calls it a hate group.

Well, I call the SPLC a commie group interested in overthrowing the government of the United States … or, at least, an associate of those that seek to do so. Under the Reidtard Rule, it is up to them to prove otherwise, but here is some circumstantial evidence.

What is the name of the magazine above linked?

People’s World

Whose magazine is it?

The Communist Party of the United States of America

What is the name of the article that you see?

“Coming to terms with the Confederacy”

Who is the author?

Mark Potok

Who is Mark Potok?

Mark Potok is a spokesman and director of publications and information for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).

Therefore, Mark Potok is a subversive and hater of the United States government and the SPLC is a subversive, hate group.

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

That’s one teh ghey-looking plaid shirt.

profitsbeard on August 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Who is the dem chic he is sitting there with?

Limerick on August 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

The Southern Poverty Law Center calls it a hate group.

They call the Boy Scouts a ‘hate group’.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Imagine UpperLeftSide’s, OntheFarLeft’s and Urban Alarmist’s reaction had the GOP nominated a nut like this for a US Senate seat.

Heh.

mankai on August 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Wouldn’t this guy have been called a now extinct Blue Dog democrat in the pre Obama/Pelosi days? It was Clinton who passed DOMA after all.

TxAnn56 on August 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

The next time the Democrats whine about disenfranchising voters,….

opaobie on August 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Social Conservatism – driving lefties bonkers since 1973.

Stoic Patriot on August 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Very good analysis. Yes, all Dems in the future, or now, must be called upon to state whether or not they agree with Obama’s position on SSM. If they don’t agree with BHO, then they are bigots. If they do agree with BHO, then they are against clear Biblical teaching. Let’s clarify each of the Dems’ stand on this SSM issue ASAP.

mydh12 on August 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

What does the SPLC think of
The Catholic Church?
The Boy Scouts of America?
The Mormons?
Do they have a position?

dentalque on August 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

does he eat chik’n sammiches?

jus asking

ted c on August 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

So, citizens who disagree with Obama= terrorists, enemies, racists and haters.
I see Democrats continue to win friends and influence people to vote Republican.

txhsmom on August 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Here’s a shock for you liberals: Yes, a lot of us Conservatives hate you. Sure, you think it’s just because you dare think you’re victims. But the truth is, you liberals, by your own actions and words, make you contemptible.

I, and others, can post repeatedly your own words. Which YOU hate, you call that ‘stalking’. Pffft! Poor, poor, pitiful you! *LOL*

You liblets are just a bunch of crybabies. You liberals have nothing to offer, no semblance of credible and valuable solutions.

You liberals are just worthless.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

And when will the Democrats just come out and label Christianity a hate group?
Kjeil on August 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

They pretty much have already. The Southern Poverty Law Center (closely associated with the Dim party) has classified the Family Research Council as a hate group — because it’s Christian and does not endorse homosexuality.

As we’ve seen demonstrated so frequently recently, anyone who does not keep in lockstep with the left is slandered and defamed as a hater, a bigot, an anti-immigrant xenophobe, etc.

The ever-so-tolerant left will not tolerate any diversity of opinions or beliefs. It’s either believe as they do, or prepare to be crushed.

AZCoyote on August 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

“Hate” is quickly becoming the new “racism”.

thebrokenrattle on August 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

And when will the Democrats just come out and label Christianity a hate group?
Kjeil on August 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Obama’s 2nd term, when he doesn’t have the impediment of an electorate to face.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Some one called me and said Harry Reid thinks this guy just may be the next Robert Byrd. Get that KKK vote solidly in the Dem. camp for another generation.

pat on August 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

270 is the only goal. and all they need is 2 to 4 of the inside states as they already got the outside states. O was not going to win Tennessee so why waste money down ticket.

tjexcite on August 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Erm, if you watch this, he doesn’t seem like such a bad guy. He’s certainly not Alvin Greene.

If I were a Donk, I’d be thinking my party was starting to take a turn for the good and vote for him.

Clayton Story

hawkdriver on August 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Disagreeing with Democrats == Hate Group
Hate Speech != [is not equal to] Free Speech

Can we all see where this is headed? Right now it resulted in the TDP silencing the voices of Tennessee Democrats. How long until they start silencing the rest of us.

29Victor on August 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Where is inthemiddle to give us all the queer perspective, to enlighten us all? I hear her kiss-in was a total failure.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Hate group? Can’t they just say “Nazis?”

The SPLC has been Godwin’s Lawing the heck out of politics since, I think, the Internet even existed.

29Victor on August 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Psss…Psss…where is the kitty cat? Got a treat for you….

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

29Victor on August 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Liberals don’t know any other thing. No mater how many times they have failed, they still think they’re the winners. And, when they lose, they just think we’re all stupid.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Way the by, the Southern ‘Poverty’ Law Center is fabulously wealthy AND secretive: Southern ‘Poverty’ Law Center’s Cayman Islands Bank Account

slickwillie2001 on August 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Where are you, inthemiddle, babybrat loser?

Evil Liam here wants to fight with you, make you win!

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

The Communist Party of the United States of America

Who is the author?

Mark Potok

Who is Mark Potok?

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

You know, when I started working in my industry 30 years ago, admitting that you were or had ever been a member of the communist party was a disqualifying factor for getting hired and obtaining a security clearance.

These days, it is a qualifying factor for becoming POTUS or membership on his cabinet.

/somehow, I am not in favor of this change.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

The Democratic party can’t survive w/o hate…heck, they even preach, teach and promote hate in their black churches, e.g. Rev. Wright and the racist TUCC political group. Hate whites. Hate men (white). Hate the rich. Hate businesses. Now, they even hate chickens!?!

Karmi on August 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

mydh12 on August 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thanks.

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Thus the reason why, when they lose, their response is always some reference to how they failed to “get their message out”, or “failed to properly communicate their position”. Yep, us rubes were just too blasted dumb to understand their brilliant plan and they couldn’t simplify it enough for us morons to understand.

Good observation

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Tennessee Dems denounce their own Senate candidate

Associated with a known hate group

Isn’t that redundant?

kbTexan on August 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Oh the irony.

Blind I tell ya, blind!

I’m sick of everything they disagree with being labeled as ‘hate’.

plutorocks on August 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

If you want an idea of how stupid these people are…

Q.U.I.T.: Useful Infidels For Islam

M2RB: 10,000 Maniacs

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Liberals just can’t handle losing. They always have an excuse, which you know and mentioned.

Children always act like that, then they grow up and become better.

Liberals simply fail, all the time; every way.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I’m sick of everything they disagree with being labeled as ‘hate’.

plutorocks on August 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I don’t have a problem with hate.

I hate liberals, and they hate me. So what?

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Well, on the plus side… the guy has a really nice looking dog.

Well it is a yellow dog.

CC Senor on August 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Hey, inthemiddle—how did your kiss-in go?

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

/somehow, I am not in favor of this change.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Wasn’t it a disqualifier for union membership, too, until the 1990s?

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Alvin Green endorses.

Remember, if you’re not registered to vote….. go register and vote.

Boogeyman on August 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Clayton Story

hawkdriver on August 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I’m not watching it.

And a socially conservative Democrat? BWAAAAAAAhahahahahaaaaaaa!

Not a chance. He’s infiltrated that group to try and bring it down.

Call me cynical.

SagebrushPuppet on August 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM

“Many Democrats in Tennessee knew nothing about any of the candidates in the race, so they voted for the person at the top of the ticket. Unfortunately, none of the other Democratic candidates were able to run the race needed to gain statewide visibility or support.

The Tenn. Democrat Party also thinks that Tennessee voters are dumb.
“Golly Pa I ain’t never heard of any of the fellers, who should I put my mark next ta?”
Jes’ make yer X by the first feller Ma, he’s got a ‘D’ by his name.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

SPLC is a known hate group.

GardenGnome on August 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

That particular troll is unavailable at the moment. Word on the grapevine is, he’s currently inthemiddle of a bath house in San Francisco, commiserating with others like himself.

Benedict Nelson on August 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

SPLC is a known hate group.

GardenGnome on August 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

SPLC = Stupid Progressive Leftist Communists

Benedict Nelson on August 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Benedict Nelson on August 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

And hiding from the failure he thought was a sure win.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Let’s be serious here for a minute. Clayton would be branded a member of the Tea Party if he were running against Republicans. He posts pictures of himself with his dog. The Southern Poverty Law Center (a radical leftist hate group akin to CAIR) hates him.
I like this guy even though I don’t like his party affiliation.

Not that Bob Corker was in any serious trouble but this guy was the winner in a seven-Democrat-race. This along with the previous losses of entire counties in primaries by Obama should be troubling for the Dems supporting the jug-eared Kenyan. These rifts are easiest to see in the South but don’t think they stop there. Obama has a base problem whether he wants to admit it or not. That is why he is pandering to queers, illegals, women, and all the other special interest groups.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

More Harry Reid corruption.

BacaDog on August 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

But, but, come on, landslide. Michael Tomasky says so, it’s got to be true.

I’m so confused.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Typical Democrat voter in TN looking at ballot thinks…

“Hmmm. Mark Clayton. He was a damn fine wide receiver in his day. I’ll vote for him.”

Doug Piranha on August 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I hate to break this news to everyone… but…

…the Southern Poverty Law Center is a hate group.

ButterflyDragon on August 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I hate to break this news to everyone… but…

…the Southern Poverty Law Center is a hate group.

ButterflyDragon on August 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM

+120 on that

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM

So what – they’re claiming that their members are too stupid to read down a list of six other names and have a rudimentary idea of what they stand for or who they are?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

kim roy on August 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

kim roy on August 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Don’t laugh too hard, this sort of ignorance is why we have the stool in the White House.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Tennessee Dems denounce their own Senate candidate

It was inevitable; the Dems have denounced pretty much everybody else already.

M240H on August 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

kim roy on August 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on August 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Oh well aware – just enjoying the fact that the Dems themselves are admitting it out loud.

kim roy on August 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

The Southern Poverty Law Center calls it a hate group.

hahahahaha

The Southern Poverty Law Center is the most hate-filled group in the country.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM

queers

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I don’t know how happy you are, but that wasn’t called for.

I agree people shouldn’t be so thin skinned, and the gays I know don’t have any problem referring to themselves as “queer” among friends. But we have some gay commenters here, and there’s really no reason to go out of your way to offend them.

Unless, of course, you’re gay and it was a joke. Then never mind.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Listening to Harry Reid and other prominent Obeyme Campaign surrogates these past few weeks, just having registered membership in the current Democrat Party is de facto association with a known Hate Group.

glcinpdx on August 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM

“associated with”…what does that mean? A member? A donor? Has beers with members? What exactly?

At any rate, a conservative Democrat? I’m intrigued…

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Another Alvin Greene. The Democratic Party is falling apart in the South.

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

kim roy on August 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Umm, yeah, pretty much. Dems in power don’t have a very high opinion of the idiots who vote for them. In the Dems’ in power minds, the useful idiots are useful only every couple of years. … and why not? Fools keep electing them despite the plight of the voters never improving when the dems are in power.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

EAT MOAR CHIHUAHUAS! 2012! Calling anything a hate group when you are from one of the biggest hate groups in the country? Alrighty, then.

di butler on August 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I don’t know how happy you are, but that wasn’t called for.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

No jaime, Your comments point out the problem here.

You seem to think that only homosexuals can use the word queer. I’m not gay. It wasn’t a joke. And I don’t usually use the term queer to describe homosexuals.

But thanks for the deflection from the point of my post by your moral outrage. Obama decided he was for sodomite marriage after looking at the polls concerning his own re-election. I would think you would be more concerned about that than my comments.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

your moral outrage

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Gee, did I sound outraged?

Here’s my comment reproduced with 100% accuracy. We’ll let the readers decide.

I don’t know how happy you are, but that wasn’t called for.

Unless, of course, you’re gay and it was a joke. Then never mind.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Anyway, I’m not looking for a fight. Sometimes I am, but not tonight.

All I’m saying is that I don’t think that particular adjective served to further your argument. Like I said, we have gay commenters here and it seems pointless to antagonize them.

Please take that in the spirit it was offered.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

So, all we have to do is keep referring to dems as the Gay party from now on, and those not so comfortable with that may reconsider? I’m going to ask my Gay party friends if it really is just that easy. That’d be great. What a gift Rahm has set into motion!

SailorMark on August 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Actually, Mark Clayton sounds better than RINO Bob Corker.

bw222 on August 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Two parallels.

I find it interesting that republicans are being replaced when they lack morals, and the democrats are trying to replace people in their party that have them.

Sterling Holobyte on August 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Actually, Mark Clayton sounds better than RINO Bob Corker.

bw222 on August 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM

That was my reaction to this, too. How we can’t come up with a more conservative senator than Corker or Alexander…arghh…so frustrating.

pannw on August 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM

“A lot of people from the gay community was actually telling me not to eat at Chick-fil-A and then you know, I started having these flashback because I started believing like, the gay community — we have went from being bullied to becoming bullies. And I don’t think that that is fair because I’m like, aren’t we like in America, like we have freedom of speech. We have the freedom to put our money wherever we want to. That’s what America stands on. So how can we just go after this group, you know — go after this company so viciously because they don’t believe they have the same rights as us. I don’t think it’s fair and I’d don’t think it’s American.

“I grew up, and my family is like you know, ‘Yeah Antoine we don’t agree with your lifestyle, but we accept you. We love you and don’t try to push your lifestyle on someone else. You can scare them or they just don’t want to be around you. And I was always taught that.”

- Antoine Dodson

He’s smarter than the mayors of Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, DC, put together.

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

- Antoine Dodson

That is one of the saddest things I’ve ever read. That poor man.

libfreeordie on August 5, 2012 at 1:33 AM

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Your concern is duly noted.

Dunedainn on August 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Racism used to be the old Ace of Clubs in the D’s deck… they’ve used it so much its now worth about a deuce.

The ‘Hate Card’ didn’t start up that high, around a 10 of Spades. It’s sitting around a 4 in value and every time it is used for every innocuous thing, it drops into the 3 range and, in a month will be a deuce in value.

The D’s self-deprecated the ‘He didn’t pay his taxes’ card by putting a tax cheat in at the head of the Treasury: it went from a 9 of Clubs to a deuce in one jump.

They can’t get to the red side of the deck having gone so far left that the red cards can now only be played against them. They still try the ‘McCarthyism Card’ which used to be a Queen of Spades, but by using the tactics they say they deplored, it is sitting in the deuce range.

A long time ago the D’s used to hold a number of high value cards. They are all worn out, now, and they were used to get in a pair of deuces to the White House. They can hold all the deuces, but a pair of 3′s will beat them… and they can’t get their hands onto a couple of deuces, so that is it for their card game of destruction. Hand all played out, the deck is about to be retired. There is a new game coming to town, and the old cards just don’t hold any value in it. Not that they have any now, of course.

ajacksonian on August 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM

When I saw the photo I thought they were running the dog, which would be a step up from their usual candidates. I would consider voting for a dog that cute-certainly over its owner. Not over the Republican candidate, but I think they could get somewhere running the dog.

Think Obama will campaign for the guy?

talkingpoints on August 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Corker has no worries.

ladyingray on August 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Hold on let’s think ahead to.the election. If I know my good neighbors in the Vol nation this guys a lock. Corker is a squish and only won because it was a 3 way split 39% I would probably vote for him over corker. Would it not be sweet for him to flip!

Tom McDonald on August 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Ok and I think his girlfriend is kinda cute

Tom McDonald on August 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

And when will the Democrats just come out and label Christianity a hate group?
Kjeil on August 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

AZCoyote on August 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I noted where the Old Testament calls homosexuality an abomination, the New Testament calls it a sin, a choice, a rejection of what’s natural for the unnatural, at the same time I was giving mad props to a homosexual Liberal man with a “husband”, to a Liberal Jew who supports homosexual marriage, and to Tammy Bruce, a for the most part Conservative talk-show hostess (because they debate honestly). The resident radical Leftist over on the First Street Journal declared me to be an abomination for my stance against homosexual marriage and for my position holding the Bible up as my guide.

John Hitchcock on August 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM