Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on August 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mr. Reid appears to be once again reprising a rhetorical technique he has mastered over 25 years in the Senate: repeatedly needling his Republican adversaries in ways that often push the boundaries of political propriety.

During the 2008 campaign, Mr. Reid repeatedly taunted Senator John McCain of Arizona, the Republican nominee, saying he should show leadership. He told a Las Vegas newspaper, “I can’t stand John McCain.”…

Mr. Reid called Senator Bill Frist, the Republican leader from 2003 to 2007, “amateurish,” and said in 2007 that Gen. Peter Pace, then the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was “incompetent.” Mr. Reid once said that Alan Greenspan, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve, was “one of the biggest political hacks we have in Washington.”

***

The ruthless Senate majority leader sees political gold in his attack on Romney — and he’s got the blessing from President Barack Obama’s campaign for the attack, even if he lacks evidence on Romney’s failure to pay taxes…

On top of that, his aides say, Reid genuinely believes his source — an old friend and longtime investor at Romney’s former company Bain Capital — who told the Senate majority leader a couple months back that the GOP nominee didn’t pay taxes for at least a decade…

“What’s the downside? Jon Stewart getting all serious and haughty? Harry Reid could not care less,” said one Reid confidante. “There is no one in politics with a thicker skin. He’s having the last laugh. Reid’s strategy is working. It’s filling news holes and driving conversations.”…

Asked if the Obama campaign agreed with Reid’s comments, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said: “Reflecting the growing number of questions Americans have about Mitt Romney’s finances, Sen. Reid rightfully pointed out that Gov. Romney has something to hide.”

***

According to a source familiar with Reid’s thinking, the majority leader, a former boxer, considers himself a political street fighter now, willing to throw a punch and get hit back big time for a cause. In this case, the cause is making sure the topic of Romney’s tax returns remains in the news, and in the campaign narrative.

The source said Reid is “happy to mix it up and put this back in the news” and added the “finger waggers of the Acela corridor won’t dissuade him from speaking his mind.”

Reid, the source said, is unconcerned about the hits he is taking on making unsubstantiated claims, because the Democratic base is fired up…

“I’ve known Sen. Reid for many, many years, and occasionally he displays some rather erratic behavior,” McCain said on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360.” “To accuse someone of doing something without a shred of proof–that the allegation has any substance–is really something I, frankly, don’t understand.”

***

“I’m not sure what that line is for him. He keeps moving it further and further,” Ralston said when asked whether Reid crossed the line of propriety. “There are two sides to Reid. He says some intemperate things and he’s not very polished with the media. Then there’s the other side of Reid that is incredibly calculating. He has a goal in mind and he’s sticking fast to it.”…

“It’s absolutely constructive and a very important role not only for getting Obama’s back but also for America,” said Charles Chamberlain, executive director of Progressive Congress. “What frustrates me is Reid seems to be the only one. I’d like to see more senators, more surrogates and more Republicans call out Romney for not doing what other candidates have done, release their tax returns. Thank God for Harry Reid.”…

Thomas F. Schaller, a political science professor at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, said Republicans cannot blame Reid because they did not condemn attacks against Sen. John Kerry’s (D-Mass.) war record during the 2004 presidential campaign.

“Mitch McConnell and the Republican crowd weren’t saying the Republican attack on John Kerry was beyond the pale. If that’s not offside, this isn’t offside,” he said. “For years Democrats were criticized for not being tough enough and when they get tough they get criticized for being over the line.”

***

Spew first and sweat the details later, or never. Speak loosely and carry a stick-thin collection of backup materials, or none at all. That’s the M.O. of the moment, familiar from the past but in particularly galling and profuse flower of late.

It has spread beyond the practiced rabble-rousers of the far right, and Democrats are exuberantly getting in on this unbecoming, corrosive game. For many years they bemoaned an unfair fight: Republicans were by and large willing to play faster, looser and flat-out nastier than they were. Is there as much credibility to that lament today?

DO one tribe’s antics justify the other’s? Is this a road we really want to continue barreling down? We’re already on it, thanks in part to a presidential contest in which each candidate’s main pitch — I’m not half as awful as the other guy — points everything in a negative direction.

***

Reid signaled Friday that he’s not relenting in his attacks. He accused Romney of being “the most secretive presidential candidate since Richard Nixon” and pointed out that even nominees overseen by the Senate Finance Committee have to produce more tax returns that Romney is willing to release.

“Forget about president — Mitt Romney couldn’t get confirmed as a cabinet secretary,” Reid said. “The contents of the one year of returns he has released would probably be enough to tank his nomination anyway: secret overseas bank accounts in Switzerland and the Cayman Islands, tax avoidance tricks and a lower tax rate than middle-class families pay.”

***

MARTIN: And that’s politics. The bottom line is if the shoe was reversed, I guarantee –

PONNURU: So why are you playing it Roland?

MARTIN: — you the “National Review” and the GOP would be all over the Democrats saying release your taxes and you know it.

PONNURU: The “National Review” said that Romney should release his taxes.

MARTIN: OK.

PONNURU: That doesn’t make this not a McCarthyite low blow on the part of Harry Reid.

MARTIN: Ah.

PONNURU: You’ve got to call these things as you see them, not just be a political hack for your –

MARTIN: I do.

PONNURU: — for your team, Roland!

***

“Paul, you cannot defend Harry Reid on this,” said Cooper. “Can you? Seriously?”

“You watch me,” answered Begala. “First off, there’s tons of evidence. The one release that he prettied up…”

“There is evidence that he hasn’t paid taxes in 10 years,” asked Cooper.

“There’s evidence of tax avoidance. Incredibly aggressive tax avoidance,” replied Begala.

Cooper pointed out that “tax avoidance” was not the allegation that Reid made against Romney…

“I’ve been doing this for 28 years. When politicians don’t disclose their taxes it’s because they can’t,” Begala concluded.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

like whether Romney’s dear friend, Bibi, will give him the Mossad’s file on Obama.

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

There’s none more thorough and comprehensive, and the Degenerate in Chief knows it.

Schadenfreude on August 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Let’s not forget Harry’s file as well… there should be some very damning stuff in that one.

mark81150 on August 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM

gracie on August 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Lolz. Honey Badger don’t care. The Pistol Shrimp shoots first and asks questions later, except no one answers cause they are all dead.

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Is it safe???

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

If Harry Reid were on fire, I’d pass out graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate.

SouthernGent on August 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Big difference between “Swift Boat” and Reid-Pederast-Liar.

“I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared — seared — in me.”

However seared he was, Kerry’s spokesmen now say his memory was faulty.

Kerry is a liar, and he admitted it.

Reid is a liar and he also should admit it.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Two nights in a row on QOTD I am the Bishop of page 2

That’s freaky

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

SouthernGent on August 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Those would be some stinky s’mores.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Great kid, don’t get cocky.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I just can’t allow myself to go to the National Finals Rodeo anymore. (And I sure do miss the nickel slots). Almost had to quit the NRA in 2010, too. Wake up, Nevada!!

texacalirose on August 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Is it safe???

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Completely safe. Nothing to worry about.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I disagree. None of that answers the arguement laid out for Obama winning the electoral college, which is all that matters. Now unless you think Obama is going to lose whole states that democrats have normally won, the groups you mentioned don’t matter Except. in the swing states btw most echo reports I have read show Obama winning even with out those states.

Politricks on August 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Right now Obama’s approval rating is under water in several of the states that he won last time…in fact, if he only wins the states where he has an approval rating that is actually higher than his disapproval rating, he will lose.

I live in Indiana, he won that last time, I don’t think there is any chance that will happen again.

Terrye on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Is it safe???

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Not sure. Depends if it shows up.

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Completely safe. Nothing to worry about.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You’re new here, ain’t ya’?

If you had seen the blood and gore…and puke from the last one, you would be nervous too.

I had to clean that crap up.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Really? You are really trying to make moral equivalence here between having actual records from Kerry’s service in Vietnam and actual testimony from people who served with and around Kerry and a nameless, faceless, investor in Bain who claims to have had access to 10 years or more of Romney’s tax records.

Really? Just how stupid do you think we are?

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

It’s beyond any kind of rational discussion anymore. These people are nuts. Can you imagine the kind of garbage they’ll be saying next week, in a month, in two months? I just shake my head.

Paul-Cincy on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

The only punishment that screaming freak would feel… strip him of his Senate power and watch him come unglued..

mark81150 on August 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Correct.

Mitt’s gotta let Hairless know he’s gonna put him away by Jan 2013. And it will be o so delicious when Sarah helps him do it with the Republican pick ups that turn the Senate Red.

gracie on August 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

But, but, but we aren’t supposed to notice that Nixon, the President that Kerry blamed for, allegedly, sending him to Cambodia for Christmas in 1968, was not sworn in for his first term until nearly a month later.

So, it’s just not fair!!!

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

mark81150 on August 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

November…January for it to sink in.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

How does someone connected to Obama say this with a straight face?

Shay on August 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Paul-Cincy on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

All of which will make Obama’s second term, if he should win, a disaster. The well will be so completely poisoned that I don’t know how anything will ever get done.

Resist We Much on August 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM

and puke from the last one

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

aaaaahh, the last what?

I thought you had a dentist drill in your hand and were just being sociable.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM

mark81150 on August 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Reid’s power is granted to him by the Democrat Party. The president has no say over who the opposing party appoints or elects as their leadership. Just as Pelosi is now just the minority leader in the House Reid will probably remain minority leader in the Senate.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM

and puke from the last one

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

BTW, I’ve only read the comments on this page.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

So let me guess, the gloves are coming off for team Romney.

Still waiting for that. Obama never put his gloves on.

Dash on August 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I remember my High School days in the early 1960′s….Harry and I would have settled this out behind the stadium…like real men.
That little lying chickenshit self-masterbating pedophile punk deserves a spanking….and the LDS Church should make it happen.
Blatant lying by a Member about another Member demeans the Church and all it stands for…or maybe it stands for nothing.
If this is the Mormon way, I want nothing to do with it!

Mitt should just say that when Obummer releases all his records, He will release his. Simple as that.

There is always Ron Paul

dirtengineer on August 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Dash on August 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM

But 0bama slaps like a twelve year old girl. If he didn’t have all his bosses to take up for him, he would have nuthin’.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yesterday’s QOTD…it was brutal.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

O/T
I bought a TIME MAGAZINE today, what a rag!!!! The story was” HOW GUNS WON “. WOW so many lies, I had to shoot off an email of there inconsistencys that they reported. I shot it to the editor, ya-all think he’ll respond?????? Lol

angrymike on August 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I see the claim is now worded “did not pay taxes for ten years”, not the last ten years.

Color me unsurprised if Reid ultimately says that he was talking about Romney’s first ten years (as a child.)

Peri Winkle on August 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

SouthernGent on August 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Hope you are cooking those smores over a different fire, because the toxic fumes from a burning Harry Reid would totally ruin them.

Actually, I don’t think he’d burn anyway. A bucket of water on the other hand … Get Pelosi in the splash zone and you’d have a twofer.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM

O/T

angrymike on August 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I looked at a copy of Newsweek at the bookstore. It is basically a pamphlet. I guess that is why they are doing away with the print magazine. Good riddance.

earlgrey133 on August 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see both Reid and Pelosi quit when Romney is elected if there is also a GOP majority in both chambers.

I think Pelosi has only hung on as minority leader in the vain hope that Obama would win, or, at the very least, the Democrats would take back the House.

That hunger for power dies hard.

However, both are considered too old in their own party. The Democrats wanted Pelosi to step aside when she lost the Speakership. She clung to power and it caused problems within the party.

For Reid to do the same wouldn’t be appreciated by the Senate Democrats. He is damaged goods to them and once he no longer leads the majority, he’s of little value. It causes problems in the leadership and delegating chairmanships for important committees.

The problem for both Reid and Pelosi is that, as with all career politicians who’ve stayed to long at the party, they’ve lived in Washington D.C. too long. Their friendships, such as they are, are largely there. They’re entire social life centers around the Beltway. In their own districts back ‘home’ they are only as valuable as their access in Washington D.C. to those who still wield real power. When that ends, so, too, their circle of of power will diminish. They will fade to irrelevance as those who wish to use them for access realize they no longer have any.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

America is at a moral inflection point. If she puts up with this and rewards these despicable merchants of mendacity, she is doomed. The social fabric is destroyed, probably irrevocably.

The difference between these accusations and those against Kerry are night and day. Kerry was obviously full of crap from tossing his “ribbons” to his seared, seared memory.

The Dems have abandoned all moral rightness. It’s all about power for them. Choose carefully and wisely, America. In a better world, we wouldn’t even be having this debate. But as it is, our future hangs in the balance.

paul1149 on August 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

When Googling “Harry Reid” you find that Harry Reid Pederast” is the third top term suggested, then anyone who thinks this slander hasn’t backfired. They are simply whistling past the graveyard.

Mutnodjmet on August 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Peri Winkle on August 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

That was kind of my thought also. That, or when he and Ann were both students and just starting out. Could easily see how he would not have paid taxes for those years and the first years building the business.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Harry “Joseph Goebbels” Reid, just in case no one here has said it yet.

VorDaj on August 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

It’s all Chicago style politics. Obama was able to run off all his opponents to win every election he has been in.

That is what they are trying to do with Romney. It always worked before.

It’s not going to work this time. I don’t think Romney is going anywhere.

Barred on August 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Professor Schaller, does that mean Kerry’s seared memory of hearing Nixon say on Christmas 1968 that we weren’t in Cambodia was actually an honest statment by Kerry?

Buddahpundit on August 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Reid, Begalia and all the rest are “taxers” – creating false stories concerning Romney’s tax returns.

john.frank on August 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM

They are simply whistling past the graveyard.

Mutnodjmet on August 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

That reminds me (thank you), my multiple sources inform me they have seen Harry Reid robbing graveyards and even eating parts of corpses.

VorDaj on August 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM

earlgray133
Don’t worry you didn’t miss much, I only buy them to see what the retarded side is saying………

angrymike on August 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yesterday’s QOTD…it was brutal.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I missed it.

If you were there, give me a brief rundown. I’m too lazy to go back and read all the comments.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

When Googling “Harry Reid” you find that “Harry Reid Pederast” is the third top term suggested, then anyone who thinks this slander hasn’t backfired. They are simply whistling past the graveyard.

Mutnodjmet on August 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM

He could make an “I am not a pederast” video, like Christine O’Donnell and her “I am not a witch” spot. Didn’t turn out very well for her though.

Paul-Cincy on August 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM

We need a few more Jason Matteras to get every Democrat on the record about this. And Obama’s “you didn’t build that” statement. How is that we don’t yet have a well organized media to do this?

When it’s established that the entire Democrat Party are as vile as Reid and as marxist as Obama, and you see a majority of voters still vote for them with that realization, then you’ll know what needs to be done and you’ll realize just how worthless these Republican leaders have been. Things only improve after you acknowledge the problem.

Buddahpundit on August 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Yesterday’s QOTD…it was brutal.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

So I was smart to exit stage left when I did. Good to know.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Is Lourdes here again?

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Yesterday’s QOTD…it was brutal.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM
So I was smart to exit stage left when I did. Good to know.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

You know, I read through QOTD this a.m. And it sure reminded of something….in fact, it reminded me of how a certain ex-commenter named J@ilbreak used to show up and shower praise on csdeven and bluegill and how bluegill used to shower praise on J@ilbreak as well. Are we sure thht csdeven, bluegill, J@ilbreak and Lourdes aren’t all socks of the same twisted nitwit?

ALSO, hi ANGRYMIKE!!!

cynccook on August 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM

cynccook on August 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Good evening, Cynccook! I was wondering if you’d seen this. I found it very interesting reading.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM

the new aesthetic on August 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I’ve played Kryptonite seven times in a row. Where are thatsafactjack, RedCrow, cycccook, etc. when you need them?

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

cynccook on August 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM

You have a point. (:

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Good evening, Jaime! We missed you last night! Could have used a hand with the tunes!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

SouthernGent on August 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

And I wouldn’t waste my piss on him.

TXUS on August 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Kind of rude for me to say “etc.” when talking about all you great people. Please forgive me.

I should have said thatsafactjack, RedCrow, cynccook, inter alios when you need them.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM

So I was smart to exit stage left when I did. Good to know.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Hi GG. I thought you left to buy more A1 sauce for your steak and more horse-radish for your prime rib. Yummy.

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Hi, Jack! The last couple times I was here I was in awe of your tune selections. I’ll show you mine if you show me yours!

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM

To be honest I started to fall asleep so decided to call it a night.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

As Orwell said, Mitt — you’re going to need to get dirty fighting the Left. Figure it out, preppy.

rrpjr on August 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

You’re too kind. :)

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

So I was smart to exit stage left when I did. Good to know.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Oh yeah. It was lots of blue on blue fighting last night (red on red if you use red for Republicans — I use blue in the friendly forces designation).

Had a good conversation with Dark Star, so that was good. Otherwise, it was a pretty ugly thread.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I hate those kind of threads. Same with the Palin threads – I don’t even go into those anymore either.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Your tune is up tempo, sophisticated, and mellow…. very nice!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Good evening, Gopher Girl! I don’t go into the Palin threads, either.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I really like this long lounge mix. I’m not sure what it is, but I like it. (well, it’s not really long for a lounge mix, but a little long for QOTD)

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Good evening, Gopher Girl! I don’t go into the Palin threads, either.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Hello!

They just aren’t enjoyable.

Now threads that rag on the democrats – those are fun.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Thanks. Glad you like it.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

cynccook on August 4, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Hi, CC. We must come here on opposite nights. I don’t run into you as often as I’d like. Do you have a storm blowing through right now?

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Best I can do.

the blood and gore…and puke from the last one, you would be nervous too.

I had to clean that crap up.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Very cool. It evokes images of the old bazaars and the silk route. Belly dancers and hookas, smoke filled rooms with oriental rugs and embroidered pillows on the floor, brass lanterns and tables placed around the room.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Actually this is just like the Swift Boat episode… The Dem lied both times.

faraway on August 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Reid and Pelosi redefine the dignity of their office.

pat on August 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Ha Ha – not going to name any names? That’s OK. I can go read it if I get curious enough. Just tell me if anyone got banned.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I’m with you, there! :) LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Whiny teabags

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I absolutely love our US women’s swimming team. They’re accepting the gold for the 4×100 medley relay and all are singing the national anthem.

WTG US WOMEN’S SWIMMING!!!!!

ted c on August 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Whiny teabags

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Mmmmmm…dessert.

You gonna’ stick around and lie some more?

Or run away like a punk who gets beat up by little girls…again?

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yeah! That’s it. Why didn’t I say that?

Anyway, here’s something trance from the chill house.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

WTG US WOMEN’S SWIMMING!!!!!

ted c on August 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I don’t know how you couldn’t sing it. I know if it were me I would be singing my heart out.

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

The Chicago Way: Ten Days in the Police Academy, 14 Years on Disability

slickwillie2001 on August 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

It’s not just Chicago unfortunately. Sad.

arnold ziffel on August 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Whiny teabags

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Please wear pants while you hang out with us.

faraway on August 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Hate-filled liberal

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

All that harry reid is trying to do is suck oxygen out of the room that would fuel the fire on the economy. Thus, the more outrageous the comment, the more oxygen gets used talking about it. Kinda like our trolls…….it’s a tactic they use all the time. Outrageous comment, no facts, accusation, and it’s “fire away”…..

ted c on August 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Yesterday’s QOTD…it was brutal.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Tempted to read it…

Good evening all, by the way.

22044 on August 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM

The presidente is celebrating his magical transformation from glob of cells to personhood survived the scissor/forceps/vacuum day.

For you Mr. Presidente.

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Is it safe???

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

You can come out now little fella. I had some red wine vinegar ice cream tonight topped with goatheads aka “Lourdes special.”

arnold ziffel on August 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM

For Jaime

I like this one, too.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Hate-filled liberal

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:57 PM

You forgot; stupid, boxer sniffing, maggot infested, lover of unnatural relations with bottom dwelling parasites.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

One more, then I’m gonna take a break for a while.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

And Harry Reid is even worse.

22044 on August 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

This has got to be Harry Reid’s reward to the middle class for supporting his reelection campaign in 2010. He is doing an excellent job standing with the missile class. We don’t need a coreless buffoon who will over tax working Americans in the WH

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

He is doing an excellent job standing with the missile class.
Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

You got something right, for once.

Harry loves him some Chinese.

And of course the American people won’t go for a buffoon in the White house. That’s why Reid will never be president.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Nah, nothing rose to the level of bannable. Just very unpleasant and disagreeable.

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

We don’t need a coreless buffoon who will over tax working Americans in the WH

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

OH MY! That’s the first thing you’ve ever said on this board that I’ve agreed with.

Where should I send your Romney sticker?

gophergirl on August 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yesterday’s QOTD… it was brutal.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I peeked in and high-tailed it outta there. Yikes…

Fallon on August 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM

We don’t need a coreless buffoon who will over tax working Americans in the WH

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Then you will vote for Romney.

Electrongod on August 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Do you even look at what you post? I’m sure that sounded good in your head. Should have left it there.

What part of everybody got a tax cut don’t you libs understand? It’s not as if Jugears is proposing to reduce taxes on the middle class, only keep the current rates in effect for taxpayers making less than $250K while raising the rates for those over $250K. Let me repeat that for you, no additional tax cuts are coming to the middle class, only the same rates they’ve been paying. Now, that doesn’t include the massive tax increases coming with ObamaTax that are going to hit everyone.

So how is this standing with the middle class again? Does making the rich pay more put more money in middle class pockets? Especially when Jugears’s plans don’t show using that tax increase to pay down the debt, only to further expand spending?

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM

IN DREAMS

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Uppereastside on August 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

wow…so upper is just an algo. weird. i’ve heard these things can go off the rails sometimes…like with Knight Capital.

remember the flash crash..same thing..algos going off the rails.

r keller on August 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Y’know, I’d like to see Ben Stein do an impersonation of Harry Reid pontificating.

njcommuter on August 4, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Don’t fear the reaper

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM

For Jaime

I like this one, too.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

That was great. I did nothing but sit, listen, and watch. I bookmarked it. I’ll try to find a copy to download to my audio player next chance I get. Thanks, Jackie.

OK, now I’m off for a break.

jaime on August 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM

So, to sum it all up, The dems are ‘certifiable’ and Mitts still ‘electable’.

Will either matter?