Chick-fil-A Kiss-In more of a … raspberry

posted at 11:31 am on August 4, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Rarely do we get to see two competing viewpoints this explicitly matched against each other, with enough separation to judge the strength of each side.  After leading politicians in three of America’s largest cities threatened to block Chick-fil-A from operating because of the political and religious beliefs of its ownership, customers flooded into Chick-fil-A locations across the country — not to overtly protest, but to show support for the fast-food chain in the face of, well, intolerance.  Same-sex marriage advocates arranged for a “Kiss-In” protest to counter the “Appreciation Day” organized by Mike Huckabee and scheduled it for two days later — yesterday.

How did it turn out? No contest (via Instapundit):

Couples sent in photos of themselves kissing at restaurants around the nation to various gay-rights websites. But the protests appeared to draw far fewer people than an event earlier this week in support of the chicken chain.

Huge crowds turned out Wednesday in a show of support for company President Dan Cathy, who ignited a national debate by publicly expressing his opposition to same-sex marriage. Critics have also said the company supports causes harmful to gays and lesbians.

The scene on Friday was much quieter at locations across the Southland.

The protests got mainly ignored, and none of them apparently disrupted business.  Actually, the only complaint made to police by a Chick-fil-A location was to clear the media away, when they began interfering with business.  However, that wasn’t the only involvement by police.  Someone vandalized a Torrance, California location by spray-painting “Tastes Like Hate” on the outside wall of the restaurant, which turned out to be the only significant “protest” all day:

At a Chick-fil-A in Torrance where vandals painted the words “Tastes Like Hate” on the side of the restaurant Thursday night, the “National Same-Sex Kiss Day” was off to a slow start.

A steady parade of cars made their way into the parking lot as diners strolled in and out of the restaurant. Some held signs that read “Jesus is the only answer.” Many said they were there in support of Chick-fil-A and denounced the vandalism.

“It’s a civil debate; it has nothing to do with defacing someone’s property,” said Alfonzo Rachel, 40, a Torrance resident who said he dines at the restaurant regularly.

Otherwise, the protests garnered little attention, even in Hollywood, where one might expect to see the zenith of a national gay-rights protest.  Via Zombie, Ringo brought a camera and took some pictures at that location, with protesters in the foreground — but with many more customers behind them, not paying the protesters any attention at all.  Z captioned the image I used for the front page: “I’m Barack Obama, and I’m not yet sure if I approve this message.” Take a closer look behind the protesters, though; the place looks packed with People Not Really Giving A &*^%.  In Hollywood.  Ringo gave an explanation on his Facebook page:

This was taken in the heart of Hollywood, at the corner of Sunset Blvd and Highland – and I am happy to report that there were cars lined up down the street and around the corner waiting to go through the drive-thru. And the patio was packed with smiling customers eating chicken sandwiches and laughing at the handful of obnoxious protesters.

In one sense, this was a victory for free speech.  Both sides of an issue have had their say.  People now can choose whether or not to patronize Chick-fil-A without having politicians demand that a business adhere to their own views on religion or politics.  Bullies like Thomas Menino and Rahm Emanuel should take a lesson from this exercise of free speech and free choice, a point that Chicago’s famed improvisational group Second City drove home with this skit (and believe me, this is Not Safe For Work):

However, for the Kiss-In protest organizers, this is a humiliating defeat. They should have shelved this idea after seeing the overwhelming turnout on Wednesday, knowing that they could never hope to approach that level of support.  The juxtaposition of these two protests made very clear which view is mainstream, and which view is fringe — another lesson that Menino and Emanuel should heed.

Update: How did I miss that the man quoted by the LA Times in Torrance was PJ Media’s ‘Zo? At least, they have the same name and the same age, I believe.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

truth hurts libs. Just because it hurts, doesn’t mean it’s not the truth.

ted c on August 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Ah, but…Liberal judges trump and thwart the truth.

Among liberals, this is called ‘social justice’.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I guess Ellen’s wife Portia could be considered “hot”. But since they prolly don’t dine at Chick-fil-A, what about those dudes pictured for this thread? Many times, reading here, I see (presumably) guys mentioning lesbian gorgeous movie lesbians lip-locking for male pleasure. So why don’t news channels and sites ever show some Grade-A beefcake? Or were the ‘Brokeback Mountain’ hunks just muscle-bound fict–

Huh?
Oh?
…never mind.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on August 4, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Who makes that comparison and is offended? Who are the true racists?

silvernana on August 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Hey, NBC is the most liberal of the “big three” networks and if I can call attention to their soft bigotry and play the leftist’s game, I’m all for it.

Personally, I wouldn’t have read into the ad what has been read into the timing of the ad, but if I can rub their faces in their own outrage, given it’s their network, then I’m going to do so. Every chance I get. ;)

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Ah, but…Liberal judges trump and thwart the truth.

Among liberals, this is called ‘social justice’.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

good point. What they lack in votes they make up for in case law and judicial precedent.

ted c on August 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

It is a formidable obstacle for the Republican candidate, whoever it is, to overcome.

silvernana on August 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

It is, but the Internet is the Left’s ultimate downfall. Liberals never expected how big the Net would become, how all the world and sum of human knowledge is at our fingertips. Basically, we have Star Trek levels of access.

Long gone are the days of, “I vote Democrat because my dad and grandfather always did.”

People of our era have the temerity to ask, “Why?” Via the Net, we can get answers.

No wonder governments are so anxious to tax or otherwise limit the Internet.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Anybody can go to a chicken restaurant and order food. But the kiss-off protest could really only be staffed by people with same-sex attraction. That limits the population of the protests to a small (but loud and highly exalted) segment of the total populace.

AbaddonsReign on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

But it’s not just that. The protesters had to be tacky and lack the social awareness of how this style of protest doesn’t help improve the image of gay people. That this protest is failure is a victory for the cause of marriage equality.

I have noticed how much many people who went to Chick-Fil-A on Wednesday claimed their concern was the bullying by leftist mayors and not opposition to marriage equality. It is worth pointing out that the bullying leftist mayors were all straight (to the best of my knowledge) and my Facebook friends who applauded the leftist mayors were straight.

When I argued about this before, people seemed to assume that was defending the lunacy of leftist mayors and not marriage equality. I didn’t even think the leftist mayors were worth two seconds of my thought for their illegal threats. Other people either thought otherwise or thought it safer than directly opposing gay marriage.

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

ted c on August 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

When put to a vote, liberal demands generally lose among the populace.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM

ABC radio news reported the other day that the thousands who lined up to go to CFA restaurants Wednesday were there to protest gay marriage…nothing about supporting free speech.

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I went because I think Menino and Emanuel (funny how they teamed up) voiced their PERSONAL opinion. They should strictly be looking at this as a BUSINESS DECISION — whether a business will bring tax revenue to their city for schools, police, fire, etc.

The Dems and liberals took this opportunity for a negative media blitz. They never waste an opportunity to create chaos and division for the American people. We have never been a more divided country.

Interesting to see how this volatile election plays out.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I have another take on that. If it’s okay to be gay, why won’t those ‘straights’ indulge the play?

For the longest time, gays rejected bisexuals, claiming they were ‘getting a free ride’ So, what about so-called ‘straights’? Are they closeted or something? Either way, if it’s okay to be gay, why aren’t they going whole-hog and playing accordingly?

As per some leaders of NOW, no woman can possibly be a true feminist if she hasn’t had at least one intimate encounter with another woman.

So, like–what’s the problem among so-called ‘straights’ who are allegedly ‘pro-gay’?

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

That goes to the optics but Wednesday’s response was more than about Mr. Cathy’s views on marriage. It was standing up for the First Amendment.

Conversely, the Kiss-In was less a protest than it was an IN YOUR FACE attack on anybody that does not agree with activists views on same-sex marriage. In one sense it was an attack on the First Amendment. And therein lies the difference.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I agree. Had no beef with that part. They deserve all the criticism anyone hurls at them. Just the people who made a connection with that beautiful talented young lady and a monkey. Who thinks like that?

silvernana on August 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM

silvernana on August 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM

The same racists that watch NBC/MSNBC and slobber all over the likes of Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow. Hypocritical idiots, all.

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I’ve often wondered what would be the result if a gay bar or other gathering place for homosexuals were inundated with straight guys and women.

Then, after becoming offended, picket and confront as rudely as the Gaystapo does.

joelj31 on August 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

joelj31 on August 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Nope, the libertines would squeal in delight that you have joined their drunken revelry and try to recruit/corrupt you.

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

It is also worth pointing out that many corporate executives have been out there supportive of the gay agenda. The same fascists that were behind this attack on CFA lauded those executives. That’s fine until the point where they try to use the words of other CEOs to deny a business opportunity when nobody has suggested that CFA hangs out signs that says “no shirt, no shoes, no gays.” That goes beyond hypocrisy to bullying. Same holds true to the gay organizations behind both the protests of CFA and the Kiss-In. They essentially only support free speech that they agree with otherwise it is “hate chicken” and “bigot fries” and intolerance.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

No wonder governments are so anxious to tax or otherwise limit the Internet.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Probably the reason Obama wants control of it – to use to his advantage at an opportune time. Whoever thought we would ever think in these terms of our president, but nothing he does surprises me any more.

silvernana on August 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Maybe it’s like sports. Let’s use baseball. Cheering for Chicago Cubs when you are not playing on the baseball team.

Can you cheer for a team and not play? Or do you HAVE to be part of the team to cheer them on??

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM

joelj31 on August 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Police would be called to ‘protect’ the gays.

But if the reverse were to happen, police would leave and say, ‘civil rights’.

Then the MSM would be all over it, telling again how straights are bigots, and try to make up a Tea Party connection.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM

There was an article on Huffpo about the first rally on Wednesday. As you would expect the author denigrated all those who attended and spewed off the most hate filled rant it has ever been my displeasure to read. I posted two comments that were in no way disrespectful or verbally abusive and they refused to post them. More of that great liberal tolerance that they espouse.

bandutski on August 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM

We all just need to realize that the gay population is smaller than we are led to believe … and the radical gay element is only a fraction of that population.

mankai on August 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

NBC had to apologize because these idiots saw a monkey and actually compared Gabby with it. Who makes that comparison and is offended? Who are the true racists?

silvernana on August 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

People who see the world in terms of victims and oppressors. The NBC station here showed an ad for the National Aquarium right after swimming events, No word yet on whether folks are offended with the comparison of Michael Phelps to a penguin.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

They can’t even conceive of themselves as being the racists. It’s just us hicks and rednecks out here in the boonies, and we’re all racists, don’cha know.

silvernana on August 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Baseball is not political, and ball teams are an exclusive club for accepted players only.

And, I’m not pro-theft so I don’t steal.

I’m not pro-murder, so I don’t kill.

I’m not pro-adultery, so I never cheated on my wife.

But ‘straights’ being pro-gay? If it’s all okay with you, then why not get into a session? If you don’t, then it seems to me you’re either a hypocrite and/or a closet bigot.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

mankai on August 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

All I can say is the the gay couples I know would not participate in something as “in your face” as deliberately showing up at a business to kiss one another. And it isn’t about the views of CFA’s CEO. They understand that any sort of change in perceptions is going to happen outside stunts like Kiss-Ins and “Gay Pride” parades which are nothing but an excuse for lewd behavior and debauchery.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM

And, I’m not pro-theft so I don’t steal.

I’m not pro-murder, so I don’t kill.

I’m not pro-adultery, so I never cheated on my wife.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Baseball was an analogy.
For the record, I’m not either. I could really care less.
I don’t feel the need to publicly choose one way or another.
That would be my own person decision and nobody else’s business.
Just like my religion is not anyone’s business.
Or whether I’m pro-life or not.
Who really cares what I personally think??
Nobody.
And that’s the way it should be.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Can a person be pro choice and not get an abortion???

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

joelj31 on August 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

My parents were vacationing at the beach in an area where there was a deliberate effort to market the “gay scene.” Nothing overt but definitely more adult than family friendly (by which I mean more nightclubs and bars than taffy stands). Anyway, one weekend morning they ended going to a restaurant with a name that they didn’t recognize was somewhat sexually suggestive. They sat down outside and were eating their lunch and by the time they left others including families with strollers had come in and ordered. The staff seemed ill-prepared for the rush. It was only as they were leaving (and taking a second look at the name and menu) that they realized that they had managed to “de-gay” a hot dog stand.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

We have very different views. I think bisexual rights makes as much animal rights activists picketing for unicorn rights.

And if you are in any way implying that gays want straights to turn gay in large qualities, you are simply crazy. Obviously, gay people will have more straights that they wish were gay than straight people will have gays they wish were straight. It’s because there are many fewer gays. But at some point, I think we all just learn to accept people as they are, because there really isn’t another viable choice.

On the other hand, it now does happen that a few straight undergrad boys have a boyfriend for a while, and they don’t make a secret of it. This would never have happened when I was an undergrad. (Girls did do this when I was an undergrad.) I’m not sure if this is progress, regress, or what. At least, I can say that it is much better than a one-night stand.

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

bandutski on August 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Actually, that jerk in Tucson (who got fired) who posted his video of a bullying verbal attack on a CFA drive-in employee did more harm to these idiots than any amount of common sense. The employee did everything you would want from a poor girl forced to listen to this jerk explain that he only ordered his free water. And hats off to his employer from firing this jerk.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Who really cares what I personally think??

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I’m on your side, not out to fight you.

As for who cares what you think, it’s going to be the gays and other liberals. They might settle for a ‘straight’ backing them up right now, but, even if they get today all they demand right now, they will inevitably demand more. That’s the nature of liberals and the self-centered types like the radical gays.

Most Americans are okay with co-habitation and changing tax laws accordingly to the betterment of all. But the gays don’t want ‘just’ that. It’s always more and more, never-ending.

If you sum all the things said by radical liberal groups, you will never be acceptable because you are or once were a Conservative. You could change your whole lifestyle and all your opinions, but you will always be suspect by the Left.

Liberals are really messed up people, which is why I ask such oddball questions of them, to see where they stand. Their answers are quite curious to me, and always telling of them.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Can a person be pro choice and not get an abortion???

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Depends by what you mean by pro-choice. The left is very good at hijacking the vocabulary. Calling the murder of innocents pro-choice being an outstanding example.

A person can be pro-choice on the type of contraception used and not get an abortion. A person can be pro-choice on abstinence before marriage and not get an abortion. It is only when you yield to the left and boil the whole issue down to the right of some Georgetown Law slut to get a free abortion on demand that you polarize the issue.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I think they want religion and marriage removed from the government and states. Their goal is to decimate both.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Gay for the stay, gay for the pay?

No–my debate is that, if certain straights are fine with gay sex, then they should have no problem indulging. To me, any straight who defends gay rights so vociferously as do liberals is either closeted or trying to be trendy.

If people won’t do what they support so strongly and in public, then they rate a high BS Factor, in my book.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I tend to agree. Liberals talk freedom all the time but, in the end, they won’t tolerate anything except license.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM

….. or trying to be trendy.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

LOL!! I don’t know why that strikes me as funny.
Sounds so Hollywood.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Can a person be pro choice and not get an abortion???

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Define all the various circumstances, please.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM

“Legalize love” as shown in the picture is an example of why the gay movement is losing. It’s legal to be gay, it’s legal to have a gay wedding, and legal to be in a gay marriage. The marriage is just not recognized by the government.

What they want is for their marriage to be recognized by the government so that they have the same benefits that married heterosexual couples get. Of course, the appropriate question should be, why does the government recognize marriage in the first place? But that would take away everyone’s goodies.

cpaulus on August 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM

LOL!! I don’t know why that strikes me as funny.
Sounds so Hollywood.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

It’s trendy sometimes. In the 40s, it was chic for the Hollywood set to play at lesbianism.

Today, coming out entails parties. It’s not ‘of the jet set’ to be totally straight and/or in a committed relationship with a partner of the opposite sex.

I mean, really–what is more readable: “My husband of 25 years is all the sex I need”, or, “I was banging my wife’s girlfriend’s mother and her lesbian lovers, too!”

Three years later, everyone will come out saying, “Well, it was the thing to do at the time.”

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Can a person be pro choice and not get an abortion???

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Define all the various circumstances, please.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Maybe I should rephrase: Can a person vote or voice themselves as pro-abortion — even though they have never had an abortion or intend to??

Just like some straights may support the LGBT’s?? But never have the intention to be LGBT themselves??

(trying to make an analogy here).

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I had the pleasure of representing a gay couple in Bankruptcy Court. They got married out of state and I asked them why they wanted so badly to get married and risk joining the 50% of the heterosexual population that gets divorced. They thought that was hilarious and cracked up. I wasn’t being facetious, I really wanted to know. They hadn’t thought of it in those terms but I got the distinct impression that they weren’t offended by my question.

I still want to know. I’m guessing it has to do with social security and other monetary benefits that spouses get when one of them passes away or is ill.

Makes no difference to me, but I’m certainly not going to condemn anyone who is opposed to government recognition of gay unions and I don’t see why the gay population isn’t satisfied with civil unions. After all, every marriage contains the civil union element which is fulfilled once a license is obtained and filed with the local government.

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Because they want the word “marriage” too.

Personally, I don’t get it either.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Went to the Chick Fil A drive through to get nuggets and lemonade and there was a long line today at noon. People are still going there to show support. They had cheerful teens taking our order from our car to expedite. McDonald’s drive through across the street was practically empty.

dukecitygirl on August 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I think it’s an adolescent need for approval and they won’t stop till they are equated with heterosexual marriage. It’s stupid and juvenile.

dukecitygirl on August 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

These Liberal jackwagons woke up the Sleeping Giant.

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

In my view, if there’s nothing wrong with same-sex play, then straights who are all for it should have no problem playing if the chance is invited. All the same as being straight, right? If those pro-gay straights find nothing wrong with it, then they should have no problem. If they do, they’re bigots. because there is something stopping them. If they’re stopped, at all for any reason, then there is something wrong with them–like bigotry. Their high-falutin’ words become mere lip service. And gays need to keep that in mind.

As for abortion, I just don’t grasp how two parents can call a baby a baby if they want to keep it, and a fetus if they refuse to take the responsibilities of becoming parents.

It doesn’t fly with any sense of reason. It’s either a baby, or it’s not.

I have two children, three granddaughters here on Earth, five unborn by miscarriage in Heaven before God waiting for me to meet them, and a new precious grandbaby on the way.

That about covers my views on abortion/murder of innocent unborn babies.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

This was hardly unique, like every gay pride parade where all manner of obscenity and perversion are on display for 3rd graders to ingest.

That this protest is failure is a victory for the cause of marriage equality.

Lee won Gettysburg too.

“Marriage equality”? How does one become equal to me by radically altering the definition of marriage for a whole nation? I don’t have that power, how does conferring it on sex perverts make them equal to me? Seems to me it would place them in the cultural catbird seat.

Both are retarded and evil, but go on…

When major political figures threaten Christian persecution, it green lights the rabble to take it to the next level and actually start the arson and assaults.

Major Dem mayors – leftist imams.

Other people either thought otherwise or thought it safer than directly opposing gay marriage. thuja on August 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

It must be great to know what your political adversaries are thinking.

Akzed on August 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM

totherightofthem on August 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Because they want the word “marriage” too.

Personally, I don’t get it either.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM

They demand marriage because it validates them. Most people still don’t realize that this is all about institutionalizing the myth that they are normal, natural, and fabulous, and reviling those who dare to say or think otherwise (Christians, essentially). The leftist control of the public institutions of this nation–education at all levels, the press, the arts, etc.–has made this possible.

spiritof61 on August 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM

spiritof61 on August 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM

+120

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

This protest was just as obnoxious to me as the ones staged by those breast-feeding zealots…I have nothing against breast-feeding moms, hell I was one for many years, but there’s no reason to be purposely confrontational. I have nothing against gay people, either, and have several friends and family members who are gay/lesbian, but this entire Kiss-In was just wrong.

ellifint on August 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

ellifint on August 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

They needed to make ‘a statement’. And it ended up with them losing big-time.

Gays, and the rest of their putrid liberal ilk, think they are on top of the world, the final examples and arbiters of morality and all that is good.

The reason their comical kiss-in failed is because they delusionally thought too highly of themselves again.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM

spiritof61 on August 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM

True. But they are beginning to catch on to the tactic used, which is to try to bully, stigmatize, shame, and silence anyone who doesn’t proclaim loudly enough that homosexual is as good as heterosexual.

Oh, and there can’t be marriage equality for two reasons: 1) That’s not marriage, and 2) homosexuality is not equal to heterosexuality. It’s one thing to try to make a case that homosexuality should be tolerated or even accepted. But the homosexual activists demand that it be treated as identical, and equally valuable. And it’s not. Just for starters, homosexuality will never be the foundation of new families and the passing on of values to the next generation.

tom on August 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

tom on August 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

LGBT’s also want to know why their love and marriage is any “different” than heterosexuals as far as government/state. And then they toss in religion and the constitution.

pastselldate on August 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

The real rabid homoactivists know they will be able to use gay marriage as a cudgel to pry into and destroy religious institutions and the church.

It’s all anti-Christ, all the time.

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM

“I’m not going to tell other people what to talk about,” Romney said in response to his GOP colleagues.
Ralph Reed, the founder of the Christian conservative Faith and Freedom Coalition, told POLITICO.com that Romney was making a mistake.
“The vast majority of the American people, even those who might not agree with Dan Cathy’s personal views, think that it was incorrect for Rahm Emanuel and the mayor of Boston to suggest that they wouldn’t be allowed to get a permit in their city,” said Reed. “I think anything for anybody running for office in either party right now would benefit” from a visit to Chick-Fil-A.
Pat Buchanan agreed: “I don’t understand why Mitt Romney doesn’t just get his Secret Service detail and take his press corps down to a Chick-Fil-A and show solidarity with these people,” said Buchanan. “I don’t know why not. It’s instinct. Reagan would have walked right on down there naturally.”

anotherJoe on August 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM

davidk on August 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM

That’s my CFA. Bunch of rich white privileged kids with nothing better to do. Hope they have them on camera, and bring them to justice.

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

America says Kiss-Off to Kiss-In.

Just say nope to Hope and Grope.

viking01 on August 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I’m currently living on the east side of the river.

davidk on August 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Funny and true.

I’ve always had gay friends; as long as they didn’t bother me I don’t bother them. I became friends with a trans sexual person born Mitch but became Yvonne or something like that.

Anyway, one day these guys broke up and Yvonne went running down Bayshore Blvd., insisting that he/she was going to throw him/her self into the bay and drown. I remember running behind her/him and yelling, “don’t do it! it’s only 3 feet deep”.

That’s what we called FagFail back in the day.

Key West Reader on August 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I’m currently living on the east side of the river.

davidk on August 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I’m sorry.

:P

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Mitt and Ann Romney meet the Democrat Party

Key West Reader on August 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Interesting take. I have a gay brother and a gay brother-in-law. Whodathunkit?

I don’t really care what they do, but they know in my house, I expect straight behavior, especially around my children. If they have a problem with it, then they know they are not welcome in my house. There’s no reason to make my children grow up any faster than they have to, and they both understand my position and respect it.

Like I said, I don’t care what they do behind closed doors. Too bad there a bunch of bad apples who insist on destroying the family unit and the sanctity of marriage.

Robert Jensen on August 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I’m sorry.

:P

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Heh.

The local NBC (I think) tv station just had a report on the vandalism.

davidk on August 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Robert Jensen on August 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Like you, I want private adult things kept behind closed doors,and away from children.

But, in the 80s, there were leaders of gay groups who menaced, “We’re in your schools and in your Boy Scouts. We’re everywhere, and we’re going to make your children ours.”

I take that threat seriously. And gays have the nerve to say they’re born that way?

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Yep, check with any member of the gaystapo and you will find they relish in “turning” someone to their dark side. I don’t buy they are born that way either, but are a result of some event in their upbringing. I blame the parents who are either the cause, or they did not protect their child from that life changing event.

Robert Jensen on August 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Robert Jensen on August 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM

There’s no definitive cause except, reasonably, some sense of corruption in the internal workings of the individual. That’s outside mom and dad, I find.

I tend to think it’s a matter of masochism on all counts.

Anyway, I think there is something very seriously wrong with people who choose to define themselves by who they take to bed.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Let them try this inside a mosque.

dthorny on August 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Let them try this inside a mosque.

dthorny on August 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

The queers will say that is Islamophobic.

I’m waiting for inthemiddle, the brat who boasted of taking other queers to the CFA kiss-in. I’m dying to know how that worked out.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

It must be great to know what your political adversaries are thinking.

Akzed on August 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Wow! If this isn’t the cleverest insult of the year!
People say words or write words. I have always presumed that they meant to give me some clue what they are thinking. Thanks to Akzed, I will no longer entertain such a foolish notion. In fact, I may just replace my sentences with a random string of nouns to commemorate the impossibility of communication. Pin cryptologist panacea Golan Heights goldenrod (color or plant?) imbecile.

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Oh, grow the frack up! You’re far less ‘clever’ than you think you are, by more than half.

You lost the debate there.

Well, you can always go to HuffPo, and be seated at the right hand of Obama, if you can rate.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

inthemiddleofobamasbuttcheeks has gone quiet on this today.

slickwillie2001 on August 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

inthemiddleofobamasbuttcheeks has gone quiet on this today.

slickwillie2001 on August 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I know, the creature is embarrassed, humiliated.

But I’m not going to let up on her/him.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Let them try this inside a mosque.

dthorny on August 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Mosques, like churches, are protected by Free Exercise. As states continue to recognize gay marriage, places of worship deserve to be defended when their doctrines exclude and condemn homosexual acts for their believers.

dedalus on August 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

The only way to treat liberals is by the same measure they mistreat us. And then some, on top of it.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM

cpaulus on August 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM

You’re almost right cpaulus. What they want is the homosexual lifestyle to be legitimized by the government. This goes beyond benefits, end-of-life decisions, or all the other stuff that is thrown up as the reason why sodomy should be deemed a legitimate lifestyle choice. What they want is to force organized religions to marry them, bury them, and everything else. They want to make it a crime to even express the idea that homosexuality is wrong.

But please understand that I am not talking about all gays just the ones that think Kiss-Ins and gay pride parades and “in your face” activism is the way that sodomites get integrated into society.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The radical queers speak for all gays, as they advertise themselves and as I accept from them all after so long.

So be it, then.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Hey–inthemiddle– *laughing at you, you miserable failure, loser*

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

From all that I’ve read, guess it turns out that the only things getting lip-smacked at Chik-fil-A Friday night were chikin, waffle fries and shakes. Hope they all stay home on election day, too.

stukinIL4now on August 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

You lost the debate there.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:04 PM

It is cool that you are the arbiter of clever and who wins a debate. How did you get the position?

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I didn’t ‘win’ anything.

You simply displayed yourself.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

So be it, then.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Yep and that is their problem.

It pushes the debate to the extremes but the media is far more interested in covering thong-clad “couples” at gay pride events than the serious organizations who deal with gay-related issues. They’d rather report on Kiss-Ins at CFA than deal with the substance of Dan Cathy’s comments about the nature of marriage.

In short, gays seem unwilling to understand just how stupid they are in being confrontational instead of trying to open dialogue. By which I mean trying to further their cause outside judicial rulings and legislative edicts. Wednesday’s support of the First Amendment did more to help with acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle than anything that occurred on Friday’s attack of CFA.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Nothing says homosexuals are ready for monogamous relationships like a three way with a caveman.

BohicaTwentyTwo on August 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

The queers are about sex. I mean, realistically–who walks into a deli, orders a sandwich, and announces, “I’m gay”?

Jim Cary did a joke skit on that when he was part of the “In Living Color” ensemble.

Who CARES about gay?

And that’s what bugs the queers–nobody really cares.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

But the protests appeared to draw far fewer people

could this be the under statement of the year?

DiabloAzure on August 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

DiabloAzure on August 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Nobody really cares who’s queer; they don’t rate.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Ohhhh…inthemiddle…where art thou to explain and defend your latest failure? Was it a result of the vast right-wing conspiracy?

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Yup.

Actually, it’s less about being “legitimized” than it is as an excuse to use the government to carry out their revenge and envy fantasies against Christians and heterosexuals.

The Obama Party’s primary weapon and selling point in life is blame-shifting. Everything is always someone else’s fault. You are poor because rich people steal from you, not because you chose to drop out of school and do drugs. You are HIV-positive because Christians are mean to gays, not because you spent a year alternating between dropping meth and bareback sex.

This is a powerful message that conservatives need to realize. The Obama Party appeals to peoples’ want to be childish — to avoid responsibility, to blame someone else, to never have to work, to get everything you want by breathing, and to most importantly, have godlike power to punish those who you don’t like.

This is why the vast majority of liberal activists — gay ones in particular — act like spoiled children. They are. They are used to screaming “I hate you!” and having their parents cave. They are used to preying on and exploiting the decency of others to get what they want.

Furthermore, like all spoiled children, there is no end to what they want. That is because they are addicted to the power trip, not to the outcome of it. What gets them off is seeing other people collapse and do their bidding, and they lack any sort of restraint — conscience, remorse, propriety, morality — that will limit their behavior, as much as we want to believe otherwise.

This election and this point in time are the ones at which the parent gets fed up with the lazy child, the teacher gets fed up with the disruptive thug, and the police get fed up with the constant vandalism.

And for those of you who are parents, teachers, or police, you know what that means. There will be screaming. There will be upsets. There will be tantrums. There will be riots. We are talking about hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, of emotional eight-year-olds trapped in bodies that are decades older.

But it has to be done. And that is why, as a gay person myself, I am willing to step up and say, “Enough. The community blew it. We failed to police ourselves, we allowed this to get out of hand, and now society’s judgment will be passed upon us. Do as you must.”

northdallasthirty on August 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Who CARES about gay?

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

You’ve got a great point there.

Sexual orientation is never part of the way I view the world. I have opinions about how sexual orientation should be viewed by society but that isn’t the same thing.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

You’ve got a great point there.

Happy Nomad on August 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I don’t care what consenting adults do in their bedrooms; not my business. By the same token, quit dragging the rest of us into them.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I feel like I’m in an alternate universe, I’ve been shown all of the polls and told how great Obama is doing in the polls, so how come:

1) The Chick-Fil-A supporters spontaneously out supported the haters about 100 to 1.

2) Almost without fanfare, Beck had 65,000+ at a recent rally.

3)Obama is playing to half full audiences.

4) and is having trouble raising money?

Seems to me when reading the polls most of the media based pollsters are skewing their polls to get a preferred story.

RCP ought to do an average modifying the polls to reflect a reasonable turn out model and ignoring media based polls.

Tater Salad on August 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Tater Salad on August 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Liberals tweaking of polls is their concept of ‘fair’.

Liberals believe it’s ‘unfair’ Obama is disliked, so they have to ‘balance’ the sample by +19 Democrat.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

northdallasthirty on August 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

+1000– It really isn’t about tolerance but submission..

melle1228 on August 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

+1000– It really isn’t about tolerance but submission..

melle1228 on August 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Submission isn’t good enough among the queers. Neither is surrender.

They want us to go away.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.

Rick Warren

thuja on August 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

There will come a day when there are no more of us Christians here on Earth, and you liberals will celebrate.

Then, you will be left to you own devices for only 3-1/2 years.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Then, you will be left to you own devices for only 3-1/2 years.

Liam on August 4, 2012 at 10:21 PM

That is a “time” right?

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Ah yes, the “private conduct” that “isn’t anybody’s business” that, of course, must be pushed “IN YO’ FACE!”.

Saltyron on August 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

That is a “time” right?

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM

The following 3-1/2 is going to be the worst part of it.

Liam on August 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM