Quotes of the day

posted at 9:02 pm on August 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mitt Romney has lost each of the last 40 days, each day in its own way. Now his campaign, finally reckoning with a summer of effective fundraising and disastrous messaging, is hoping the waters will recede, and looking for a safe mountaintop on which to land his weathered ark.

Romney’s aides — resigned to the current news cycle until after the Olympics end — said in interviews this week that they see a safe landing: The vice presidential announcement, followed up by the Republican convention, offer Romney a chance to retake control over his own narrative

Other Republicans are split between two conflicting bits of conventional wisdom: That the events of the summer, before swing voters start paying attention, do little to effect the outcome of the race; and that the narratives set in the summer will determine the fall.

***

The complaint in recent weeks, as Romney has remained in a tight race with Barack Obama and lingers slightly behind the president in some key states, is that Romney hasn’t presented voters with a concise, understandable plan to improve the economy. “I think if he came up with something that people thought was a clear plan, one that would actually be executed, that would change this race,” a senior Republican strategist said in an interview Wednesday.

Romney, these critics say, has spent a lot of time criticizing Obama and touting his own resume. All well and good, the critics say, but what is he proposing to make things better?…

[T]here’s something else about the Romney campaign that will likely keep Republicans nervous all the way until Election Day. Romney aides believe strongly that this race will play out like the 1980 campaign, in which President Jimmy Carter led Ronald Reagan for much of the race until Reagan broke through just before the election.

That would fill many Republicans with anxiety and prompt them to offer Romney frantic advice through much of the fall. On Wednesday night, for example, a senior Republican lawmaker noted the Romney campaign’s determination to stick to its long-term plan by asking: “Is it discipline, or is it stupidity?”

***

Romney needs to explain to voters why he’s not Bush 2.0. Republican politics have been off-kilter for several years now because a large segment of the conservative base does not look back fondly on the Bush presidency. The mainstream media’s various narratives about the Tea Party ignore a vastly more significant and powerful motivation than the various bigotries and conspiracy theories typically ascribed to them. The Tea Party feels the GOP under Bush’s “compassionate conservatism” gave up the store to big government…

I don’t believe the Republican party would punish Romney for a policy-heavy “Sister Souljah moment.” I’ve made this argument in front of numerous conservative audiences (and recently in the pages of National Review) with little to no objection. My hunch is that Bush himself would be happy to serve as a punching bag if it would help.

Romney shouldn’t attack Bush personally. Nor should he be strident in his criticisms of Bush policies. (There are substantive defenses of his record to be made.) But Romney is under no obligation to defend runaway spending by either party. Indeed, congressional Republicans admitted that, in the words of Representative Mike Pence, “we lost our way” during the Bush years. They subsequently won back the House in 2010.

***

The problem with the Romney campaign is that it is all sword, no shield. Romney has a fierce line of attack against Barack Obama. He lacks any defense against the Obama campaign’s counter-charges: that his wealth has isolated him from the concerns of working Americans.

Yet he once had such a defense, a defense he spent his term as governor of Massachusetts developing: Romneycare. The governor who achieved America’s first state-wide system of universal health coverage could be accused of a lot of things, but not of indifference to the welfare of everyday working people…

It’s not too late! It’s not a flip-flop for a candidate to overcome the misguided internal opposition of one party faction, and remind the country of his own prior actions on behalf of working Americans. Mitt Romney, the candidate who supposedly cares nothing for the middle class, in fact led the way on health insurance for all. It’s a message that can fit into a 30-second ad and onto a car bumper sticker. But what the campaign does not say, the country won’t know.

***

By now Romney must have noticed that there is no way he can win the communications battle. The deck is stacked against him. But that does not mean he will lose the election. His victory depends on enthusiastic and oversized turnout from the white working class and GOP base. He may recall that Newt Gingrich’s biggest applause lines during the Republican primary debates came whenever the former speaker trained his rhetorical artillery on the press, and criticized self-important television anchors as much as he criticized Obama.

Imagine the delight and excitement that would flood Republican hearts if their nominee—or his running-mate—gave a stem-winder attacking the “tiny, enclosed fraternity of privileged men elected by no one and enjoying a monopoly sanctioned and licensed by Government,” whose views “do not—and I repeat, do not—represent the views of America.” The press would lose its mind, but Republican enthusiasm would jump 10 points.

Take the cookies away. It’s time for Romney to find his own Spiro Agnew.

***

But I am not at all convinced that, in the end, Obama is actually winning over voters. Above all, the truly undecided are not really paying attention at the moment. They might have been swayed toward Team Obama a little bit, but I doubt they have been locked down. That being said, I do believe that the president has successfully laid the groundwork for his general election strategy, which Greg Sargent ably summarizes here. Basically, it boils down to the idea that, though the state of the union stinks right now, Romney is an uncaring plutocrat who will make it worse for the middle class. These ads have clearly forwarded that agenda.

We should assume that every voter by Election Day will know this argument by heart. However, they will also be able to recite the Romney rejoinder. The positive side of that case will lean heavily on his biography as a businessman, Winter Olympics fixer, and bipartisan governor to argue that he is the right man to repair the economy.

Team Romney, for various reasons, has only begun to make that case, meaning that the real action has yet to begin.

***

Don’t buy the doom and gloom pronouncements from conservatives telling you, “this is the most important election in history.” A loss for Mitt Romney would not necessarily spell long lasting disaster for Republicans, nor would it be the death-knell to conservatism. In fact, it’s possible a 2012 loss could lay the groundwork for a stronger Republican party and conservative movement.

Elections are almost always seen as urgent and morally imperative. But sometimes major victories can only come in the aftermath of what appear to be devastating defeats. John Kerry‘s loss in 2004 laid the groundwork for a Democratic takeover in 2006 and 2008, and Jimmy Carter‘s defeat of Gerald Ford in 1976 paved the way for the Ronald Reagan in 1980. In other words, it is a mistake to assume losing a presidential election is a permanent defeat…

Ultimately, it comes down to this: If one believes (as many do), that the country is hanging by a thread — that Barack Obama is out to destroy democracy — then it is clear he must be defeated. But if one believes that history is unpredictable, that sometimes winning is losing, and that the stable of “rising star” conservatives might need just four more years to fully mature, then the importance of this election becomes a bit less urgent.

It is impossible to know which theory is true. And while most conservatives would advise working hard to elect Mitt Romney, they should not assume that Obama’s re-election, should it happen, would be any more destructive to the cause of conservatism than Bush’s re-election was to the cause of liberalism.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9 10

BTW, in case you missed it, and as a palate cleanser (or if you just want to be thankful you don’t live in Berkley) take a look at Zombie’s pics of the day.

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

…another takes her place.

Carry on y’all, some one is whispering “come hither”.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM

..crushed, but one must have priorities, I suppose. We’ll persevere.

*pivots*

Howdy Lord Bmore and Jackie!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I like you’re style, B.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Well I’m out of here for the night.

Ya’ll enjoy the festivities. Please clean, sharpen and return the knives, swords, and scabbards to the armory when ya’ll are done, OK?

AZfederalist on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I know, I realize that a paper bag is the best you can imagine. And a cat. Right. O.K., then.

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

As an ally, if I could advise you to take a breath or two…

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

This is my all time fav of his… love this one…

Parisienne Walkways… enjoy!

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Stopping in for a pit stop…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

JUST FOR THAT!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

gee willikers, that was a great tune. Very classy. You sure know music.

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM

lol — this is what I was saying.

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Hey! Don’t you guys slobber on me… seriously! LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

GoodNight bazil9, Sweet Dreams. Xoxo

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Awww….I missed Baz?!?

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Stopping in for a pit stop…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Hi I had a Klondike bar today to cool off. It did the trick for a while anyway. They have a new low calorie Gatorade and it is better tasting than the original.

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

..if you’re explaining, you’re not winning.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

The explaining was directed to, and intended for the edification of, two people who joined (or, appeared here late, one of those was “annoyinglittletwerp” who I like and hoped to direct into a solution instead of this later mess by others), who asked about something using statments out of the cryptic, bent mind of a lunatic in comments who distorted (d’oh) what had already occured.

I don’t intend any “explanation” in general. What I wrote as to that was directed mostly for “annoyinglittletwerp”‘s benefit.

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I’d say the overreach and hysteria here is clearly with a few who play this sick game of Incite-To-Defame.

Meanwhile, I do think Flora Duh was rude, whateve, in what I read originally, that bluegill was reasonable, then what I later read by bluegill was offensive.

Oh, and don’t forget the perpetual obsession here about “17 hours, 17 hours, 17 hours…” by a few troubled souls.

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Please show me where I “piled on you”. You just stated you had never seen any of bluegill’s comments before today. I politely asked you not to comment on an issue you had no knowledge of, nor did you obviously know the history between bluegill and other posters before taking it upon yourself to act as thread monitor.

And with that, you were off to the races, so to speak.

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Excellent selection,, Scrumpy! One of my favorites, too!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Hey! Don’t you guys slobber on me… seriously! LOL!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Give them time, they’re short.

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

BTW, if you need to beat on anyone, I’m here for ya. (I know I deserve it. :) )

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Lol! No I’m not really evolved in this pissing match. It was meant more as an observation of the thread in general.

All is well. Thought you were a movie guy.lol!

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Wow, you could just warm yourself with the glow of love and camaraderie on this thread, huh?

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

SparkPlug on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Thank you, you’re very kind. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Stopping in for a pit stop…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Leave. Now. While you can…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Simma down, now!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Ooops, wow. Look at this thread…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Love that bumper sticker; the peeling Obama over the Kerry?

This was actually my favorite bumper of the whole day. The futility, pointlessness and fleeting-but-soon-forgotten enthusiasm of each campaign season is so poignantly illustrated by the layers peeling off, 2008′s Obama sticker so poorly made that 2004′s Kerry sticker is already re-emerging. Most hearteningly, there was no 2012 sticker on top of the 2008 sticker.

Love Zom.

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Leave. Now. While you can…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I see…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Yes he is..Excellent!..:)

Dire Straits on August 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

It came over from the other threads and won’t leave…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

O! I got to help with this, over there:

repeat: Love Zombie. :)

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Hey, bartender!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

roflmao..Good one!..:)

Dire Straits on August 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I cued this up the other night… but How about we all kiss and make up?

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Howdy Lord Bmore and Jackie!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

How have you been War Planner? Great thread going here. Not nearly enough tunes though. ; )

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:05 AM

It came over from the other threads and won’t leave…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Be afraid…be very afraid. It’s like the energizer bunny, it can go for hours.

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:06 AM

In the summer time:

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:06 AM

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Some have expressed concern. :)

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Good evening, War Planner. How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Stopping in for a pit stop…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Leave. Now. While you can…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I’m covered in steak sauce.

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Stopping in for a pit stop…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Evening OC, what ever you do don’t read this thread, just don’t bother, definitely not worth the time. I didn’t say anything that would upset you in the least. So, just don’t read the thread.

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Howdy Sparkplug Bmore and Axe and everyone… heavy nite lol…

Comment wise I mean… :-)

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Push bike song:

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

And with that, you were off to the races, so to speak.

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

You were piling on “bluegill” with, who was it, cozmo of course and bzell-whatever that ID is (not “Bmore” but hte bezil whatever).

At 1:47 AM I referred to:

“Flora Duh along with predictably irrational trollage here piled on me for “exist(ing)” at all.

Poorly worded because my intent was to relay an image of you with the two nuts you commisserated openly with here in your denigration of “bluegill”. And then “advised” me to not comment on something I “knew nothing about” or to that effect, on a public commenting stream. I was, as I responded then, not aware I needed to purchase a ticket to comment on public comments, publicly.

Take it easy. I think you’ve got some long standing argument going that I had no idea about, that your peers here are really awful people (those two you were welcoming in their putdowns of “bluegill”), and that what I later read from “bluegill” are objectionable as noted, which I had never read before you (much) later posted them.

MY ADVICE to YOU is stop holding what you regard as private interactions on a public commenting format/forum, and if you want someone’s opinion of someone else’s words, provide them with the full range of words you have in mind before you negate them (me, in this case) when I comment on a truncated presentation of those words.

The ridicule of other users here by some gets tedious and is, indeed, annoying; I’m surprised you’d not understand that. Whether or not I approve or like someone’s comments, openly, publicly ridiculing them is just plain old fashioned bad manners and I mention that not so much in reference to you (who I do think is generally mannered) but to those you associate with here who engage in it and ARE jerks in doing so.

Oh, but they claim it’s “funny”. I guess kicking puppies is “funny” to some people but I still don’t have to agree with them.

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Good Night OC, Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Good night AZ! It was really good “talking” with you.

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

..that is an absolutely stunning gallery; a truly depressing montage of pathetic souls shambling in lock-step to the strains if The Internationale (or other approved communist/socialist anthems). To those of you who have NEVER been in San Francisco or Berkeley, it is a real bring-down. These pictures only BEGIN to describe that. (I grew up in the Bay Area, son to an ultra-liberal Marin County mother.)

An anecdote: I was wisiting S.F. one weekend and my friend and I were walking through Golden Gate Park when I spied something like this on a bulletin board:

DEMONSTRATION
OCTOBER 19, 1984
AT 1:00 PM
PEOPLE’S ROTUNDA

..no mention of the cause nor the sponsoring organizations, etc.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

HEY, MAN!!! That ain’t COOL!
OC can read the g-d thread WHENEVER THE HELL HE LIKES!!!
Don’t make me tell you again!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Hi Scrumpy, saw you on the threads today. Good comments! ; ) some good advice. Now if we can just get em to take it. Lol!

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Nice pick, Scrump!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

It came over from the other threads and won’t leave…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Yes, when you’re Drunk Girl as you are, it all looks like ‘everything is everything.’

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Good evening, War Planner. How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

..good, Jackie, thank you for asking. I trust you are well? What’d you think of Clint Eastwood endorsing Romney?

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Guess not…. No Quarter

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Comment wise I mean… :-)

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Hi Scrumpy!

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

If you want to continue going on about this, send me an email.

Lourdes on August 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:08 AM

HEY, MAN!!! That ain’t COOL!
OC can read the g-d thread WHENEVER THE HELL HE LIKES!!!
Don’t make me tell you again!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Feel the love. Lol

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

This thread is a mess. Meltdown mode…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

HEY, MAN!!! That ain’t COOL!
OC can read the g-d thread WHENEVER THE HELL HE LIKES!!!
Don’t make me tell you again!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Lol! Psst,Psst, I already know you RC, you can’t fool me with that bait. Lol! ; )

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Thread Summary (I think we all know it don’t end well.)

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I am currently watching a zombie movie that is less gory than this thread.

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

repeat: Love Zombie. :)

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Me too — Zombie is hilarious.

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

..by the way, what’s this biz of Lourdes rattling on about how Flo savaged her..or whatever? Our beloved Flo? Ya gotta be kidding me!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

This thread is a mess. Meltdown mode…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Nah, it’s not that bad, certainly not worth reading, when you could be catching some shut eye. Just saying.

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Sometimes it’s just not worth looking in at the QOTD.

Lots of grumpy ass people around tonight, that’s for sure.

Wolfmoon on August 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Yes, I’m fine, than YOU for asking. I think the endorsement is better than not endorsing him and it seemed well timed. Eastwood occupies in interesting position with the Left. They want to idolize him, would love to call him one of their own.. but he eludes them… just. This endorsement, the timing and wording, will sting in LA.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

..and, again, thanks for the link! Didn’t know his stuff. Think I will become a repeat offender and visit him often.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Lourdes has a persecution complex. If you give her half a chance she will be up on that cross in a jiffy, pounding the nails in with glee.

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Feel the love. Lol

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Good tune, Nip.
But you gotta delete the “m.” at the start of your links:
Like here–Take a gander at this link in the status bar, and compare it to yours. You’ll see what I mean.

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

holy sh!t

jrsrigmvr on August 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

GREAT PICK, Jacko!
Love it!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:19 AM

jrsrigmvr on August 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Good evening, Fred. How are you?

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

..no mention of the cause nor the sponsoring organizations, etc.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:11 AM

LOL! Rebels without a cause — perfect description for Berkley, IMO.

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I know, I know. Tryin’ to stir the pot–that’s all! :)

(It was my Bishop maneuver for the day. :) )

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Battle of Evermore

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Feel the love. Lol

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Good tune, Nip.
But you gotta delete the “m.” at the start of your links:

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I know RedCrow. I tried, I really did, but I’m on an iPad and I’m somewhat, how shall I say, deficient in the use of this sucker. I swear it laughs at me with the tv when I’m charging it.

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM
:-) Thanks!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Thanks! tried to lighten things up a bit :-)

Hey Axe!!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Yeah total grumps, myself included… must be the heat! 113 again..

So am not saying anything much lol…

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Ezcellent..But I missed..I thought you might be going here!..:)

Dire Straits on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Ok, all, I’m going to bed.

War Planner — you’re welcome re: the Zombie link. You definitely should become a regular — he’s good.

Axe — thanks for easing my anxiety earlier.

Good night all.

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Good Night All.

KWR Sending love your way. XO

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

This endorsement, the timing and wording, will sting in LA.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

..I can hear the yelping just up the road from me now! Too bad more like Duvall and Sly Stallone and Adam Sandler don’t echo the endorsement. If they did, it would sure take the burnish off the fundraisers that Clooney and that skank Wintour did.

But I guess they gotta work in that town and — in fairness — it’s just as unseemly to their potential employers if they blatantly brandish their preferences as it would be a co-worker continually rattling on about The Pantload POTUS with us in ear shot.

Speaking about working, have you ever noticed the pathetic roles that Jon Voight has been given since he started dumping on Obama pre-2008?

That said, that man is someone I greatly admire. His spirit is clean and pure and he speaks a ton of truth.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I am currently watching a zombie movie that is less gory than this thread.

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I’m watching the first season of BasketBall Wives on Netflix. I think that’s why I got the sharp rock in my craw. I keep trying to throw water at the cat and chewing on the sofa.

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Excellent..But I missed..I thought you might be going here!..:)

Dire Straits on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Fixed!..:)

Dire Straits on August 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

TO all the spin meisters!!

Doing a lovely job tonite… Thank a million!

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Goodnight Bmore!!

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Good Night All.

KWR Sending love your way. XO

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

We’ll behave. Promise. :(
Goodnight. :(

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dark Star on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

..good night to you both. Grateful for the link; sorry we could not spend more time together this evening chatting, good friends. Be well and happy and God bless.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dire Straits on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

That’s an excellent pick! I hadn’t thought of it! Well played, Dire!

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

hi Jackie. I’m good. how are you.
I just finally got caught up. Read every comment. Took 3 hours. Still way behind on the tunes. You are doing an excellent job as tonghts dj.

jrsrigmvr on August 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

LOL. Once, when I was in college (Engineering college–oooh!), I made a fool of myself by taking about two minutes to turn an Apple machine on!!! (LOLLOLOLOL—!!!—!!11–Oh, good Lord! Funny!)

Needless to say, I fooled no one, and was red-faced the rest of the lab.

Still, it’s VERY funny to me, today. Shoulda seen me searching for a switch… :)

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Did Lourdes leave?

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

G’nite DS!! and anyone else I missed…

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Goodnight, Bmore. Sleep well. See you soon. Save me some PIE!I love blackberry pie! You lucky man. :)

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Dire Straits on August 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

WOW! Didn’t see you there, Mark! Good evening! How you been?

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

sharrukin on August 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

(partial) Lyrics from “Eulogy” by Tool

Come down.
Get off your f–kin cross.
We need the f–kin space to nail the next fool martyr.

Wolfmoon on August 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

After an hour of false starts…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

My favorite.

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM

jrsrigmvr on August 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Thanks, Fred. I’m glad you’re well. Its very nice to see you again.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Love Horses… great song!

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Did Lourdes leave?

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

..think so!

See where you had some T-storms there n Omaha and it’s somewhat cooler ~~ down to low 90s and high 80s. Probably need to get your long johns out, right?

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:31 AM

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Needless to say, I fooled no one, and was red-faced the rest of the lab.

Still, it’s VERY funny to me, today. Shoulda seen me searching for a switch… :)

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Yeah. We recently went from PC only to Apple. We fondled the iMac looking for a power button.
Glad we were alone.

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:32 AM

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Excellent tune. Very nice, indeed.

thatsafactjack on August 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Luv it luv it Red!!

Scrumpy on August 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM

..think so!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:31 AM

T storms split and missed us in Omaha. We are parched…

OmahaConservative on August 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

AllahsNippleHair on August 4, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Of course, mine was “user ignorance”, which is on me.

Yours was a “user interface problem”, or as we in the software industry like to say, “user error”. :)

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM