Quotes of the day

posted at 9:02 pm on August 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mitt Romney has lost each of the last 40 days, each day in its own way. Now his campaign, finally reckoning with a summer of effective fundraising and disastrous messaging, is hoping the waters will recede, and looking for a safe mountaintop on which to land his weathered ark.

Romney’s aides — resigned to the current news cycle until after the Olympics end — said in interviews this week that they see a safe landing: The vice presidential announcement, followed up by the Republican convention, offer Romney a chance to retake control over his own narrative

Other Republicans are split between two conflicting bits of conventional wisdom: That the events of the summer, before swing voters start paying attention, do little to effect the outcome of the race; and that the narratives set in the summer will determine the fall.

***

The complaint in recent weeks, as Romney has remained in a tight race with Barack Obama and lingers slightly behind the president in some key states, is that Romney hasn’t presented voters with a concise, understandable plan to improve the economy. “I think if he came up with something that people thought was a clear plan, one that would actually be executed, that would change this race,” a senior Republican strategist said in an interview Wednesday.

Romney, these critics say, has spent a lot of time criticizing Obama and touting his own resume. All well and good, the critics say, but what is he proposing to make things better?…

[T]here’s something else about the Romney campaign that will likely keep Republicans nervous all the way until Election Day. Romney aides believe strongly that this race will play out like the 1980 campaign, in which President Jimmy Carter led Ronald Reagan for much of the race until Reagan broke through just before the election.

That would fill many Republicans with anxiety and prompt them to offer Romney frantic advice through much of the fall. On Wednesday night, for example, a senior Republican lawmaker noted the Romney campaign’s determination to stick to its long-term plan by asking: “Is it discipline, or is it stupidity?”

***

Romney needs to explain to voters why he’s not Bush 2.0. Republican politics have been off-kilter for several years now because a large segment of the conservative base does not look back fondly on the Bush presidency. The mainstream media’s various narratives about the Tea Party ignore a vastly more significant and powerful motivation than the various bigotries and conspiracy theories typically ascribed to them. The Tea Party feels the GOP under Bush’s “compassionate conservatism” gave up the store to big government…

I don’t believe the Republican party would punish Romney for a policy-heavy “Sister Souljah moment.” I’ve made this argument in front of numerous conservative audiences (and recently in the pages of National Review) with little to no objection. My hunch is that Bush himself would be happy to serve as a punching bag if it would help.

Romney shouldn’t attack Bush personally. Nor should he be strident in his criticisms of Bush policies. (There are substantive defenses of his record to be made.) But Romney is under no obligation to defend runaway spending by either party. Indeed, congressional Republicans admitted that, in the words of Representative Mike Pence, “we lost our way” during the Bush years. They subsequently won back the House in 2010.

***

The problem with the Romney campaign is that it is all sword, no shield. Romney has a fierce line of attack against Barack Obama. He lacks any defense against the Obama campaign’s counter-charges: that his wealth has isolated him from the concerns of working Americans.

Yet he once had such a defense, a defense he spent his term as governor of Massachusetts developing: Romneycare. The governor who achieved America’s first state-wide system of universal health coverage could be accused of a lot of things, but not of indifference to the welfare of everyday working people…

It’s not too late! It’s not a flip-flop for a candidate to overcome the misguided internal opposition of one party faction, and remind the country of his own prior actions on behalf of working Americans. Mitt Romney, the candidate who supposedly cares nothing for the middle class, in fact led the way on health insurance for all. It’s a message that can fit into a 30-second ad and onto a car bumper sticker. But what the campaign does not say, the country won’t know.

***

By now Romney must have noticed that there is no way he can win the communications battle. The deck is stacked against him. But that does not mean he will lose the election. His victory depends on enthusiastic and oversized turnout from the white working class and GOP base. He may recall that Newt Gingrich’s biggest applause lines during the Republican primary debates came whenever the former speaker trained his rhetorical artillery on the press, and criticized self-important television anchors as much as he criticized Obama.

Imagine the delight and excitement that would flood Republican hearts if their nominee—or his running-mate—gave a stem-winder attacking the “tiny, enclosed fraternity of privileged men elected by no one and enjoying a monopoly sanctioned and licensed by Government,” whose views “do not—and I repeat, do not—represent the views of America.” The press would lose its mind, but Republican enthusiasm would jump 10 points.

Take the cookies away. It’s time for Romney to find his own Spiro Agnew.

***

But I am not at all convinced that, in the end, Obama is actually winning over voters. Above all, the truly undecided are not really paying attention at the moment. They might have been swayed toward Team Obama a little bit, but I doubt they have been locked down. That being said, I do believe that the president has successfully laid the groundwork for his general election strategy, which Greg Sargent ably summarizes here. Basically, it boils down to the idea that, though the state of the union stinks right now, Romney is an uncaring plutocrat who will make it worse for the middle class. These ads have clearly forwarded that agenda.

We should assume that every voter by Election Day will know this argument by heart. However, they will also be able to recite the Romney rejoinder. The positive side of that case will lean heavily on his biography as a businessman, Winter Olympics fixer, and bipartisan governor to argue that he is the right man to repair the economy.

Team Romney, for various reasons, has only begun to make that case, meaning that the real action has yet to begin.

***

Don’t buy the doom and gloom pronouncements from conservatives telling you, “this is the most important election in history.” A loss for Mitt Romney would not necessarily spell long lasting disaster for Republicans, nor would it be the death-knell to conservatism. In fact, it’s possible a 2012 loss could lay the groundwork for a stronger Republican party and conservative movement.

Elections are almost always seen as urgent and morally imperative. But sometimes major victories can only come in the aftermath of what appear to be devastating defeats. John Kerry‘s loss in 2004 laid the groundwork for a Democratic takeover in 2006 and 2008, and Jimmy Carter‘s defeat of Gerald Ford in 1976 paved the way for the Ronald Reagan in 1980. In other words, it is a mistake to assume losing a presidential election is a permanent defeat…

Ultimately, it comes down to this: If one believes (as many do), that the country is hanging by a thread — that Barack Obama is out to destroy democracy — then it is clear he must be defeated. But if one believes that history is unpredictable, that sometimes winning is losing, and that the stable of “rising star” conservatives might need just four more years to fully mature, then the importance of this election becomes a bit less urgent.

It is impossible to know which theory is true. And while most conservatives would advise working hard to elect Mitt Romney, they should not assume that Obama’s re-election, should it happen, would be any more destructive to the cause of conservatism than Bush’s re-election was to the cause of liberalism.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10

Now…that’s my best laugh of the day!

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:08 AM

..chief, you are to nice. I am gonna hafta quit winners on ya. It has been a distinct pleasure getting to know you better. You and Hawgs and JtL are kind people. Let’s do this again some time..

..I’ll bring the bottle!

73s.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM
John the Libertarian on August 4, 2012 at 4:11 AM

..post script: uh-oh, here we go for another ten pages!

:-D

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Yep. I always have the remote in my hand when O’Reilly’s on, too. (If he didn’t have the best guests I’d never turn his show on!)

As soon as he starts interrupting a good guest every three words, OR as soon as he tries to be FUNNY… FLIP!

(The guy has Dennis (frickin’) Miller on his show, and he thinks it’s a good time to interrupt him to be FUNNY!)

Would’ve written him a long time ago, but it wouldn’t get read. Unlike the other folks whose critcisms he reads on the air, he actually thinks that he has a great sense of humor.

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM

TWP,

We won’t play GA this year unless GA makes the SEC championship game…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 4:14 AM

JtL,

So, Alabama, Arkansas and LSwho plus take your pick…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Night, WP.
I’m not long for this board, either. :)
See ya next time.

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM

..I’ll bring the bottle!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Friday night? Must be a vodka buzz for me!

So check it out: WA state recently voted to end state-run liquor stores, and now booze is carried in the supermarkets. What did the state do? Impose a 20 percent tax on top of a “bottle tax” (yes, you heard that right, a double tax). So now, a $20 bottle of vodka under the state-run system costs $27, and the state doesn’t have to pay for employees, or storefronts, or pensions. It’s pure revenue to the state — isn’t life grand?

John the Libertarian on August 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM

So, Alabama, Arkansas and LSwho plus take your pick…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 4:15 AM

USC.

John the Libertarian on August 4, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Nite all…Nite JtL…

Gohawgs on August 4, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Nite Hawgs…

John the Libertarian on August 4, 2012 at 4:20 AM

In any event, Levy is extremely defensive of Judaism and Jews. Too much to be agnostic.

John the Libertarian on August 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM

I’ll certainly take your word for it. As a “religious” viewer of the online clips, I thought I heard him say the other day that he was agnostic.

But, he could have been joking. Also, I’m usually quite hammered when I watch those clips, as I leave them to time when I can have several (or more) drinks.

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Yeah, but — that reminds me of David Berlinski (I don’t know anything about Levy). He’s an agnostic, and also fiercely defensive of the merits of Judaism. I think it’s a cultural thing. It’s not necessary to swing out to humanism and become Marx; you can be plenty Jewish, enjoy what any number of Rabbis might have to say, and still say like Berlinski something like “I’ve had no authentic experience, so I really can’t say.”

Agnostic doesn’t mean anti-theist. Atheist does, more often than not, at least lately (touching an earlier point).

Apologies for butting in — it’s just your conversation was rational and interesting and … there was no bloodshed. :)

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Apologies for butting in

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM

No apologies necessary, Axe. It just seems that defenders of a faith tend to have belief in its tenets. I’ve been defending Christianity all day long on Facebook because of the Chick-fil-A outbreak, and I’ll admit that I’ve never been put in this position. The crap that is being spewed toward Christians is deafening.

John the Libertarian on August 4, 2012 at 4:28 AM

John the Libertarian on August 4, 2012 at 4:28 AM

lol — well, um, on behalf of myself, thanks for the cover. :) And I’ll try not to make you look bad.

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Lol. You’re welcome to stick YOUR INTERFERING HEAD RIGHT IN! IF YOU THINK YOU CAN…
Lol. Nope. I tried. Just can’t get fired-up enough! Lol.
Yeah. You might be right. I was speculatiing that a guy with a secret day job might scramble some of his beliefs, etc.

And, yes, I tthink I know the difference between agnostic and atheist

ARRRG!!! KEYBOARD!!! (Note: At the mmoment, I ant to crush this miserable piee of sh!t!!!)

Lol. Not correct at all.

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM

And, yes, I tthink I know the difference between agnostic and atheist

Lol. Not correct at all.

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:32 AM

I didn’t mean to imply you didn’t, if I did. :)

It was NUTS earlier in this thread! And a bummer too, because a lot of people showed up. Lost opportunity. Ah well, there’s always tomorrow. Isn’t there? ISN’T THERE!?

lol — *sip*

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 4:40 AM

lol — *sip*

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 4:40 AM

YOU DIDN’T IMPLY A G_D THING YOU…

Lol. Do you remember “A Christmas Story”? The dad had a mouth like a sailor? And the gibberish they made the actor say always cracked me up–unfortunate that I can’t type it!

See ya tomorrow! :)

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:44 AM

RedCrow on August 4, 2012 at 4:44 AM

Night Crow!

Axe on August 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Barack Obama here. Wow, are you naive. You have got to be kidding. Everything is going according to plan. America is dying. I am the reason. America is what is wrong with the world. You have to suffer. I can not believe you thought I was an American. No, I am not. I am a world citizen. Borders are illegal in my eyes. Plus, you stole this land anyway. You will not have a nation when I am done with you. I have not even begun to “transform” you. You will “change.” I will make you. Feel free to vote for me. Well, vote for me if you are suicidal. I hate you. I hate your children. I hate your parents for having you. See you in November–suckers. I am Barack Insane-Hussein Obama and I approve this post.

RasThavas on August 4, 2012 at 6:17 AM

..again, another beautiful vid. As long as we’re o the subject, my preference is a little greyer and more somber; somewhat heart-wrenching:

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM

There were a number of videos of the Tsunami disaster on Boxing Day 2004, on the side panel. Very unsettling to watch, seeing peace and bliss turning suddenly and unexpectedly into calamity. Count you blessings and enjoy you moment.

bayview on August 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM

THIS is what we need to stop.

This is what is coming for our healthcare.

THIS is what Mitt better get on the ball about.

Unless, Mitt is trying to throw the election like John McCain did four years ago.

NOT the Communist 2012
(unless he’s just going thru the motions because it’s his “turn” in the goo.)

PappyD61 on August 4, 2012 at 7:05 AM

good morning! who’s up for listening to santana’s black magic woman while watching a great belly dancer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDLLXUaqZxg

renalin on August 4, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Mitt Romney has lost each of the last 40 days, each day in its own way.

Romney lost the you didn’t build that narrative? Rasmussen has Romney up by 4. Good grief, some of our pundits are stupid.

The Democrat base is now 45%. Fortunately in this election Obama’s ceiling is probably 47%. With his appeal to minorities, those on welfare, government workers, females and social liberals, Obama is trying to raise the coalition above 50%.

If he gets a second term he will add significantly to the numbers in the first three categories. If he can raise his coalition above 50% the Democrats will have a permanent majority. Elections have consequences and those who think Obama won’t move the country in his direction if re-elected is fooling themselves.

Basilsbest on August 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM

The next Obama.

Gird your loins. It’s 2004 all over again.

And behold the face of the man who could fully integrate the US into a North American Union.

And seal the fate of the Democrats as the PERMANENT MAJORITY PARTY.

PappyD61 on August 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Basilsbest on August 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM

thanx for the reality check.

gracie on August 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM

PappyD61 on August 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Pappy, I luv ya, but it’s too early in the AM. Take your downners…

gracie on August 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM

……and THAT is why Obama went to Texas last week. He’s signaling that the Dems are coming after Texas.

Romney is only even in some states that the gop should have won easily 10-20 years ago (like Ohio, Florida, North Carolina) and imagine if the Dems ever become competitive in Texas?

How about setting up a Andrew Cuomo / Julian Castro 2016 successor ticket to Obama/ Biden?

Seal up the Northeast and rob the republicans of Texas?

Brilliant strategy.

Romney? Obama? They are so 2012.

PappyD61 on August 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM

PappyD61 on August 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM

He simply did not help himself, as all, yesterday, with average Americans.

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM

According to demographic data from the U.S. Census Bureau, 55.2 percent of Texas’ 2011 population was of a race other than non-Hispanic white, making it one of five “minority-majority” states in the nation. If the trend continues, Texas may well become the next California, a deep blue state.

bayview on August 4, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Romney’s doing all right. He has to be the official nominee before he starts spending big ad bucks in the swing states.And he can’t misfire like BO did with his “you didn’t build that.” the fewer unscripted things said the better. He’s not Sarah…we know we’ll get hell, fire and brimstone from her and we love her for it. Not Mitt. He is a measured, wealthy businessman by design. Be happy we got a pretty squeaky clean guy to do battle with BO.

gracie on August 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM

On balance, he’s been doing ok, this week, it might have been better to submit his recommendations on the Olympics, by email, but otherwise.

narciso on August 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM

mittens sux more and more as each day passes…why doesn’t he just throw in the towel and turn things over to a conservative who can win in november?

Pragmatic on August 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM

tampa will be a disaster for the gop if mittens gets the nod….

Pragmatic on August 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Pragmatic on August 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Like who? Sarah Falin? Gary Jonzzzson? Ron “evilracistJoo-8r” Paul?

MelonCollie on August 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

My take.

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 10:03 AM

The Dems are smart……..they lay the groundwork years in advance. They know if they get Texas they will be the PERMANENT MAJORITY party.

Florida is probably lost unless they get Rubio or Scott on the ticket.

Ryan would probably cost them Florida (scare the Seniors). TPaw or Portman, plain white boring safe and no threat in 2016 if Romney loses.

If Texas goes, so goes the country.

PappyD61 on August 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Liberals are the most intolerant, miserable people I have ever met.

All they do is look around for more things to fix not realizing that the things they want to fix were broken by them in the first place.

SparkPlug on August 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM

That’s pretty harsh; there are often sanctity of life issues involved.

Barnestormer on August 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Hey y’all, sorry about the mess last night. I’ll get right to work cleaning it up.

But y’all, can take care of (not at all) pragmatic.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM

But y’all, can take care of (not at all) pragmatic.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Lol!

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

938, hmmm

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Very impressive for a QOTD, especially since it didn’t have anything to do with Gov. Palin.

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I agree with the Washington Free Beacon, I think Gov. Romney is leaving some important stuff out of his ads. Maybe they will be worked in later as a fresh drip, drip drip. In the Solyndra ad there is no mention of the CEO being a top bundler for The Won. Maybe they can point that out using the “Bank of Washington” email from Solyndra.

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Mornin’, Sunshine! I want you and hubbie to read my blog when you get the chance. I think I got it right, today.

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I think I got it right, today.

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Pretty good. Except you have to be hard on all of them. Even Reagan.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

..you did indeed, K.J. My message on your blog was heartfelt. Next time you see schadenfreude, send him the link. I will as well.

It’s what we both feel down to our core.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM

..Cindy, your spirits picked up any? Was really concerned about you the other day. As K. J. might say, “..a day without sunshine..”.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Thank you, my friend.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM\

Ran out of space. Yeah, Reagan got some stuff wrong. But, he was the best president in my lifetime.

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Yes, thank you. I can never stay down long, I know there is a pony somewhere in this barn full of sh!t!. I wish Gov. Romney would hire someone to read the blogs, there are a lot of free good ideas out here.

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

But, he was the best president in my lifetime.

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Can’t argue with that…darn it.

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Maybe Mitt could lay out a great plan similar to “Hope and Change” Obama used in 2008. Very thorough analysis of where the nation stood and what Obama would change.

Herb on August 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

It is excellent. You know what Reagan did that I liked best? He told me that the American people can solve their problems. His message that government is the problem, not the answer. I think that Obama has made that more evident than ever. We have a system in the country designed for the success of any and all who want to take advantage of it. It is being dismantled and I want someone who recognizes that and will reverse the trend.

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Thanks, y’all!

kingsjester on August 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I know there is a pony somewhere in this barn full of sh!t! I wish Gov. Romney would hire someone to read the blogs, there are a lot of free good ideas out here.

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

..wow! You are back. Can I borrow that phrase (with attribution, of course)? And agree about the good free ideas.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I’d like to apologize for my participation in this thread’s derailment. The only explanation I can offer is that I’m sick and tired of people, on the left and the right, trying to tell other people what they can say and who they can say it to.

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Herb on August 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM

..RUMINATIONS: not to be argumentative, but I think he has. It’s on his web site. But, granted, he needs to be able to communicate this to the voters. However, the problems we face will not be solved by slogans. Someone objected a whole ago to his 57- or 159- or whatever-point plan. It goes to the fact that Romney is a pretty thoughtful and conscientious businessman and executive. If pulling all of those companies fat out of the fire were easy, then anyone could have done what Bain did.

As for the campaign, Romney seems to have some dark and malevolent scheme brewing. I noticve him NOT panicing while the forces of evil are freaking out. He has Obama spread-eagled, spending cash like..well..like he does with our taxes but still has remained within MOE in hopelessly D-skewed polls — and up in the Raz DT for the last couple of months while fundraising and hoarding cash. He still has a couple of aces to play: the VP announcement and the convention.

TANGENTIAL: Kristol, Goldberg, and the other looney-tune pundits can go pound sand. They are worry warts and paid by-the-angst bloviaters. Their “advice to Mitt” act is getting a little threadbare.

He is most definitely not Reagan, K. J., but he is competent and (for the moment) his expertise is what is needed to get government off our backs and this economy rolling again.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Pragmatic on August 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Why don’t you just shut up, you are sooo friggin ‘ boring and mono-ideatic, dude…get a life already…

jimver on August 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

LOL! I actually took it from Erma Bombeck although she wasn’t the garbage mouth I can be.

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

..you were within your rights, ma’am, and, as always, refreshing and invigorating to read!

We love ya!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

:-D

It’s called, seasoning, ma’am, seasoning. And, like Flo, you are a ray of sunshine and a day brightener!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

LOL! I am sure the hosts will take a near 1000 comment derailment any day of the week, especially since no one did anything bannable. I find that not replying is apparently equally maddening!

Cindy Munford on August 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM

“If you like your thread topic you can keep your thread topic”

CorporatePiggy on August 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Your participation was the redeeming part of the thread. No apologies. If anyone should apologize its not you. Have a lovely weekend. ; )

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

CorporatePiggy on August 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

..don’t bet the ranch, C.P. Again, tangential: it seems that the LGBTDVXYZ whatever tongue-sushi/liplock fest was a monumental flop here in SoCal:

..similar results elsewhere?

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Bmore on August 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

..morning, Mr B. Gotta scoot as the grand-kids clamor. BCNU all — tonight?

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

..similar results elsewhere?

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Interesting..but OC is a conservative refugee zone in SoCal…

CorporatePiggy on August 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Romney needs to do this, he needs to do that- Bullcrap.
All he has to do is not introduce his secret 2nd family because this is all about whether the people want 4 more years of 8+ % unemployment and falling income- no President has ever won with such numbers.
All Mitt has to do is point at Obama in the debates and say ” I’m not that guy”.
This isn’t an election- it’s a referendum.

jjshaka on August 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM

KJ, nice article. Too bad the Great Gipper was trampled on by the Pimp in Chief. May they both be rewarded, accordingly.

Flora, classy lady that you are, you apologized, when you had nothing to apologize for.

As to the ‘lovefest’ of all you “lonely Friday nighters”, get a life, will you? :)…note that you were accused by someone who was on line the entire Friday night, long after the “family” called for.

Irony is indignant.

Schadenfreude on August 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Interesting..but OC is a conservative refugee zone in SoCal…

CorporatePiggy on August 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM

..actually, not lately. It’s bluer than you think. Case in point, the witless Sanchez broad in Congress and her legion of “gimme, gimme” adherents in Santa Ana, California.

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

This isn’t an election- it’s a referendum.

jjshaka on August 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM

..you get an in-absentia Del Dolemonte A+ for that one, J. J.! Now everyone get out there and make it so!

The War Planner on August 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I’d like to apologize for my participation in this thread’s derailment.
Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Now you show up!

After I worked so hard to clean the blood off the walls. And the puke in the closet…who did that?

cozmo on August 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Decided I’m donating the equivalent of my union dues to the Romney campaign every month till election.

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Zero-sum politics ?

FlaMurph on August 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Zero-sum politics ?

FlaMurph on August 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

haha, something like that.

I hate knowing that a portion of my dues are used to fund the democrat anti-business machine.

tom daschle concerned on August 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Flora Duh on August 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM

You have nothing to apologize for..I’m glad to have you comment at HA!!..You are one of the best!..:)

Dire Straits on August 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM