Official Chick-fil-A statement: Yesterday was “unprecedented”

posted at 5:44 pm on August 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

Last night’s question answered: Yep, they’re formally acknowledging Appreciation Day.

We are very grateful and humbled by the incredible turnout of loyal Chick-fil-A customers on August 1 at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country. Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day was not a company promotion; it was initiated by others.

We congratulate local Chick-fil-A Owner/Operators and their team members for striving to serve each and every customer with genuine hospitality.

While we don’t release exact sales numbers, it was an unprecedented day.

The Chick-fil-A culture and 66-year-old service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.

Our goal is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.

That’s from Steve Robinson, executive VP of marketing. An earlier version of this statement apparently described it as a “record-setting day,” which jibes with what Dan Cathy told Rick Warren yesterday. Not sure why the language would have changed; probably their PR guys just preferred “unprecedented” for stylistic reasons, since it better captures the atmosphere of the event. “Record-setting” is cold and bottom line. “Unprecedented” speaks to the spirit of the enthusiasm.

Either way, here’s what a friend received when she went to CFA today:

The only loser yesterday, besides many thousands of chickens, was this guy, who decided he not only needed to lecture a Chick-fil-A drive-through attendant, he had to record it too. That turned out to be a bad idea; as of this afternoon, he’s part of the 8.2 percent. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The douchebag bullying that girl is an Adjunct Lecturer at the University of Arizona.

reddevil on August 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM

University of Arizona is = to Berkley East. *sigh* Arizona used to be such a nice sane place to live but as the California socialist experiment got ugly those that voted in the roaches moved out and didn’t go North to Oregon or to Nevada. Nope, instead they came here and took over Prescott (where they caused such an uproar with their stupid ballot initiatives they had to hide their license plates until they got new ones and we still knew who they were because the new ones were NEW), they took over the suburbs of Flagstaff, they took over Tucson and the suburbs down there. The only places still RIGHT in Arizona are close to the New Mexico border. ASU is if anything WORSE than U of A in their fight to be more BLUE.

Even the “independent” redistricting committee was infiltrated and now safe seats are out for Republicans while Democrats sit back and laugh.

I’m not surprised this a-ole is from my state. I’m saddened though he lays the blame on the girl and says “you deserve better” – with 8.2% unemployment and your guy in the oval office? we all deserve better. He doesn’t see it that way though as he spews his hate.

athenadelphi on August 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Vante CFO Adam Smith got fired from his lucrative position for his painfully asinine video stunt?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Awesome.

FlatFoot on August 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Beg to disagree. No one on the executive staff has something called “their own time,” or time where they are “not representing the company.”

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM

You are employed and they pay you money because its a benefit to the company to do so. If you become a liability, it no longer makes any sense for them to pay you money.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Next up? The guy will sue his employer – he was on his own time.
AND since he was FIRED he’s eligible for unemployment which comes out of his employer’s department of economic security account – raising his former employer’s percentage that will have to be paid to the state.

the company should have waited an appropriate amount of time and fired him for something else. Not this. Its going to cost them big bucks now. All liberals sue. they have their hand out and think its someone else’s fault. its their M.O.

athenadelphi on August 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Damn. I wish I could have gotten to the YouTube page before it was taken down. Really wanted to see the comments. Even politically neutral sites I’ve been to the past few days have show overwhelming support in the comments sections.

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

It was bad. It was really bad. For what it’s worth, I am sorry that he got fired and I regret my part in helping his contact information be published.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

When you are felony stupid, your future employment chances are the same as a convicted felon.

meci on August 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Why?

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

and let the process of repairing and rebuilding the brand begin. JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I did my best impression of Brian Ross and found this on the net:
We join our over-zealous mobile phone officer, Jim (Shaun McKean), & his trusty, albeit naive partner Matt (Caleb Alloway)
//////////////

Back to you in the studio George.

hillsoftx on August 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM

While we don’t release exact sales numbers, it was an unprecedented day.

Record sales,some employees got some overtime(pay boost),all vendors had great sales,local,state and federal tax boost,utility use higher(revenue boost for them),gasoline sales up with people traveling to CFA,it can go on and on.The American people made a profound statement and so far nobody had to kiss anyone to do it.

docflash on August 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Glad he got fired. Too bad we can’t vote the kiss-in attendees off the island as well.

Rusty Allen on August 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hung him upside down and slow roasted him over a small, hot fire. Very enjoyable.

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

They were not favorable towards him to say the least. Funny as all get out though!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

He was being absolutely blasted from all sides, the comments were just pouring in. It wasn’t up very long and he had pages of comments, about 99% in the negative to blowtorch categories.

novaculus on August 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

People copied it before it was taken down.. Here ya go:

melle1228 on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I put that guy right up there with the kids bullying that poor woman school bus monitor…cowards filming themselves doing despicable things to nice people and looking for similar cowards, attention seeking sociopaths and miscreants to give their approval…what an embarrassment to his company, his family and his country…shameful behavior especially from an adult with his own children (according to what I have read about his background…
Is this REALLY the type of person the gay community wants representing them?

Strike Hornet on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Why?

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM

He’s entitled to express his opinion. He was obnoxious but I don’t think he was actually abusive to Rachel. I just don’t think that his conduct rose to the level of losing his means of supporting his family. I hoped that he would think about what he did in greater context and maybe post another video which would help defuse the situation and where he would apologize for putting her on the spot. Despite his claims, I think it’s pretty clear that he’s gay and I understand that this is an emotional subject for gay people. Toward the end, before he took down his video, people (not me!) were saying really, really disgusting, obscene things and telling him that he should kill himself, that they hoped he would die from AIDS, etc. Everyone makes mistakes and I think he just got caught up in the whole thing. I really genuinely assumed that he worked in a very liberal company where there wouldn’t be such drastic repercussions.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

While your statement was very well prepared, it seems to me that you are somewhat of a hypocrite. He did the right thing, he should quit, you are not for gay marriage, but no one should push back on it. Otherwise, your concern is duly noted.

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM

This Chick-Fil-A buycott is the best thing the crazy-azz left has done for the economy since taking over Congress in November of 2006…

Strike Hornet on August 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Does anyone know if he was actually fired? I just read the text of the company’s statement, and it says he has left the company, no longer works there, they regret his behavior, etc., but it does not say he was fired. It’s possible that he made the decision to leave voluntarily.

AZCoyote on August 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Thats up to the company employing him to decide and he should have known that being a jackwagon would reflect poorly on them.

He went out of his way to post that video and make it public. He wanted to do to that girl, what in fact happened to him.

I call it justice of a most poetic kind.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

He made himself a public liability by choice and the company cut its losses by terminating him. He had to face the real world consequences of his obnoxious actions. I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

More corporations should give to anti-gay groups. This would boost the economy! LOL!

pastselldate on August 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I don’t know if the company is liberal (it’s a medical device manufacturer), but this guy also works as an adjunct at the University of Arizona, which is a liberal echo chamber. Remember the Tucson event shortly after the Giffords’ shootings, which was treated like an Obama campaign event? The people whooping and cheering for Obama were U of AZ students, faculty and staff.

AZCoyote on August 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I think you are taking it too personally. And I’m sure he’ll be fine. He obviously has a skill set that’s useful.

AZCoyote on August 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM

That’s what an executive termination looks like. It’s always a resignation with mutual agreement.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

*He’ll get paid.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

The only thing he got caught up in was his own discusting, fat body. He is worthless and attacked a woman. He doesn’t deserve employment.

Rusty Allen on August 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I know you don’t, sharrukin, because you are a savage, take-no-prisoners marauder type, whereas I am the type of person who cannot help but put myself in the other person’s shoes and hope for the best for them.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

The only loser yesterday

Got Fired

Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

Gwillie on August 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

O’Reilly had the clip of the dbag.

KirknBurker on August 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

AZCoyote on August 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

His faculty profile page is gone, but that may be just to protect his personal information. He had a link to his CV with his contact information on it.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Are you gonna start talking about feelings and a conscience and stuff? Cause that sorta talk makes me uncomfortable.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

*He’ll get paid.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I’m sure you’re right. He has 4 small children. I think I may have been the person who found his UofA and employment information, but I was not the person who published his cellphone number. I merely suggested that people might email him with their concerns. Also I might have linked to his company’s website.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

The guy was a CFO – Chief Financial Officer – which meant he wasn’t supposed to be a dummy. I would expect that type of behavior from a high school or college kid – not a grown man who is holding a job making 6 figures.

His employer was going to find out & it’s doubtful you were the only one who informed the employer.

He acted like a punk & it was a beautiful thing watching his name come to light. Isn’t it Ironic.

He’s the new poster kid for how not to act with social media.

poppieseeds on August 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

The faculty info and photo are still cached on google and other search engines.

viking01 on August 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

But this was premeditated. “Mistake” makes it sound like he got caught up in the moment or something. An apology would obviously be insincere, thus meaningless. I’m saving all my sympathy for the girl in the window.

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Don’t get me wrong; there are some things that even I consider unforgivable. Warning: Awful, soif you can already imagine something awful-awful, don’t bother to click.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Absolutely it was and it’s clear that he was relishing the thought of some kind of heated exchange, but when Rachel was unfailingly sweet, polite and even sympathetic, he had to settle for going away with a whimper rather than a bang.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:17 PM

The faculty info and photo are still cached on google and other search engines.

viking01 on August 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I’m sure they are: the Internets are forever. I’m just saying that short of calling the UofA there’s no way to tell if he’s been fired from his teaching job, too, just because his profile is gone.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Eat mor chikin

Rusty Allen on August 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Yeah. My niece sometimes sends me stories like that and I really hate the ones that involve children.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

LOL!

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Not sure if anyone’s picked up on this, or not, but I hope the classy, young woman at the Chik-fil-a window knows this:

I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.
Mark 9:41

TitularHead on August 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Very unlikely the University fired him. Not for this stunt anyway. They’d be more likely to throw a parade in his honor.

AZCoyote on August 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 8:20 PM

It probably makes her feel better to let other people know about it. But it also sort of helps you see things in perspective, doesn’t it? I don’t know if you saw the original UTube post before it was taken down, but some of the people on there were really disgusting.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I’ve been fired for a lot less than this guy:)

What a moron.

faraway on August 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

LOL!

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM

LOL NO! I feel bad about it. Even Ace was like ‘let’s not destroy the man’s real life.’

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I’ve been fired for a lot less than this guy:)

What a moron.

faraway on August 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

! :)

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Youtube does have a reputation for being somewhat intemperate.

Even Ace was like ‘let’s not destroy the man’s real life.’

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Ace is a weenie. I am more in the…let’s hunt down the wounded school of thought.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Ugh…nice guy, huh?? I bet he feels like a real hero, bullying that poor girl who’s just doing her job. Wasting working peoples’ time, driving through to get his free water (wasting his own time, too, but I bet that guy has a lot of time to waste, the loser)…I loathe people like him, who do nothing productive but are the first to pat themselves on the back for “making a difference”…

ellifint on August 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM

The irony of this story is that the only person who was behaving badly at that Tucson CFA yesterday was . . . this guy.

I was there, for hours. People were waiting outside in triple-digit temps, in direct sunlight, and cordially talking and laughing with one another. No one was being hateful, no one expressed any anti-gay sentiments. People were talking about the First Amendment and freedom of speech and abuse of government power. They were also saying they hoped to see a big turnout like this on election day.

Everyone was unfailingly polite, and some people in line even offered to help clean off tables and sweep the floor while they waited, to take some of the pressure off the overworked staff. I have never been more proud of my fellow citizens in Tucson.

AZCoyote on August 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Stop with the guilt. Good grief.

This guy posted this bullying on a YouTube account with videos of his wife and kids. So everyone who knew him, knew who this guy was. His employees, his customers, people he had fired or laid off over the years, etc.

A CFO can’t run around doing stuff like this guy did. He had to be fired.

faraway on August 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM

A CFO can’t run around doing stuff like this guy did. He had to be fired.

faraway on August 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Okay, first of all: guilt is what we do. Secondly: I know you’re right. Thirdly: I’m sorry I got involved.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM

LOL I know you are. And that’s what it felt like: a pack of deranged wolves out for blood and on the trail of a hapless, effeminate tool who thought he would become the darling of the movement but who instead is now disgraced and out of a job.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Of course, it’s only information Smith chose to post anyway.

I’m sure those wanting to know if UofAZ takes him back will find out soon enough though given the counter culture retreads mostly running modern educayshun nowadays the likelihood of his getting a certificate of appreciation by the faculty senate (once the publicity fades) is probably high.

Tenure like herpes apparently is forever.

viking01 on August 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM

You say that like it’s a bad thing?

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM

You didn’t cause him to be fired. I am sure his employer found out what he did, which was pretty bad, and made their own minds up based on what they thought was best for their company. He should have thought about that before he put in on YouTube.

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Here is the problem cynccook. When a person is named an officer of a company (aka CFO) they are held to a higher standard and responsible for their actions.

Adam Smith became a huge sales liability for Vante once he uploaded that youtube video and people found out who he is.

From reading other blogs Vante’s website crashed throughout the day and their phone system was overloaded with people calling to complain.

He is an douche that deserves his comeuppance, Vante however does not and they took the correct action IMO.

F15Mech on August 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Many companies have on the job and off the job behaviour contracts. You sign it it you want the job.

tom daschle concerned on August 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Exactly. We had a CFO at a company I worked for who was canned but was leaving “for personal reasons” and was going to be a “consultant” for six months. Once he got canned, you never saw him again. Employment agreements can contain code of conduct clauses too. I love it when poetic justice comes together.

TxAnn56 on August 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Adam Smith should call Ward Churchill.

There’s bound to be room for another faker to stand with him outside that tobacco shop.

viking01 on August 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM

F15Mech on August 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Those are good points and I know that it was only a matter of minutes before someone else tracked him down. He was incredibly sure of his imminent fame and adulation. I do feel better, but I have to admit that I felt a little sick when I read Allah’s post…

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM

And, on the bright side, maybe he’s always been a pompous d!ck and they were just waiting for an excuse to part ways with him. I just feel bad for his family. They have a moron for a Dad.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

cynccook, you are too kind. Just know that Mr Smith would not be guilt tripping himself if he caused you to lose your job.

Resist We Much on August 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM

It should be remembered that angry loser Adam Smith’s primary motivation besides the usual fanatical Liberal idiocy was to cause harm to the employment prospects of an innocent Chick-fil-a employee.

No doubt Vante, Inc. carefully considered the present and future ramifications of an obviously and demonstrably unstable person handling the company finances.

viking01 on August 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I’m thinking they may have a gay moron for a dad. That guy has more problems than just being unemployed, and I could tell from his tone he HAS always been a pompous d!ck. This is probably a good life experience for him in the long run!

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM

viking01 on August 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM

AND he kept filming her even after she told him it made her uncomfortable. He deserved what he got.

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

He proved he’s a moron with that video.

the_nile on August 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I was sorry that people contacted his employers, I hate feeling sorry for condescending horse’s patoots.

Cindy Munford on August 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM

tom daschle concerned on August 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Correct.

CorporatePiggy on August 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Cindy Munford on August 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM

It would have gotten back to them one way or another. Condescending horse’s patoots always land on their feet, so there’s that!

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Absolutely.

Smith was a cheapskate loitering and creating a nuisance on private property yammering about his rights with total disregard for that lady’s rights. She signed no release form to be filmed. She had entered into no obligation to be Smith’s psychiatrist or to be harassed by him.

viking01 on August 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Freaking monster!
I wish I had been there and seen this! I really do not freaking care about trying to get along any more with idiots like this! All my life I have tried to get along with people regardless of their opinions and beliefs and differences! This guy is just a stinking big fat jerk of an idiot! Gets his thrill spitting on some defenseless waitress that has to be nice to him!
Hey.. he needs to be a real man and drive on down tot he local Islamic Center and spit on them!Call these morons out! Just like the Wellsboro Baptist idiots! They’ll protest everyone except the Muslims! They’re so freaking brave! I’m surprised he wasn’t blowing his whistle! I guess he couldn’t get his mob together so he only had enough courage for the drive thru!

I also so dearly love the hate crap! Yep! Spew hatred as you accuse your victim of being hateful!

JellyToast on August 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Resist We Much on August 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Serfs can’t be fired…..

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I’m kind of over chickened at this point, but yes.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Nonsense. Just look carefully and pluck any growing feathers. I did. Tomorrow is Friday and I feel a peach shake craving. coming on. Have to eat somewhere.

katy the mean old lady on August 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

My dad was a VP for Chicken Delight (I spent pretty much every day ’til the age of five getting stores up and running, picture of me stuck in a stuck in a big milk pitcher somewhere). My grandmother made grocery money on the farm by raising chickens to sell the eggs to the city stores (hens that slowed production became dinner).

It doesn’t take more for me to O>D> on chicken.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM

One last thing. About ten years ago I made a mistake that would have been cause for dismissal. I caught a break and after a reprimand I was allowed to stay on. I learned from that went on to serve that company for 6 more years.

I get where you are coming from however their are lines you never cross.

He crossed the line by posting his video to youtube for everyone in the entire world to see.

F15Mech on August 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Maybe Cher or Roseanne will hire hime.

Cindy Munford on August 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Somebody is nervous, TOTUS has risen been brought out of the closet.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Evolved.

Barnestormer on August 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Freaking monster!

JellyToast on August 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I firmly believe they use our good nature against us. They also use Christianity against us. Have you noticed the past few days how many liberals on this site have been tossing out Bible verses to try to show us to be unChristian toward them? They hate Christians, but they think they can shut us up by doing that. It’s insidious.

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Maybe Cher or Roseanne will hire hime.

Cindy Munford on August 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM

There you go, although his ego seems almost as big as theirs, they might clash.

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I would have like some specifics on the comments he was unhappy with.

Cindy Munford on August 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I would have like some specifics on the comments he was unhappy with.

Cindy Munford on August 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Do you mean the comments on his YouTube video? He wasn’t around any of the people that were there. He went through the drive thru to get his free water and then harrassed the girl at the window. I heard the comments on his video were really bad, and I think someone here posted a link from before he took the video down.

Night Owl on August 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Here’s why I don’t feel too sorry for that Adam Smith guy: he didn’t just harass the Chick-fil-A girl, he filmed himself harassing her and put the video online!!!!! That takes a special kind of arrogance, and, to use the word he seemed to like using a lot, “hate.” Also, after seeing a video like this of him, how could employees who worked under his authority have felt safe if they shared the values of Chick-fil-A? If he was willing to confront a stranger this way, can you imagine what he might be capable of if a co-worker of his happened to bring in a lunch from Chick-fil-A? And, by the way, this confrontation was so mild because the super-classy gal at the window totally defused the situation. The guy was itching for a fight–and something to post online.

And I hate that he lashed out at a worker. A worker stuck at the window. A worker who could not get away from him. He had to know, when he launched into his planned tirade, that she had no power to change the policy of the company or to do anything with his complaint other than just sit there and take it. That’s disgustingly abusive, I think.

Anyway…

I’m also slightly amused–in a “you can’t be serious” kind of way–that the new talking point that liberal friends are tossing around is that Focus on the Family is a hate group. Seriously? If by hate they mean “helping families thrive” (the slogan on their website)…but actually, anymore I think that is what they mean by “hate.”

butterflies and puppies on August 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Liberals are a hate-group.

Rusty Allen on August 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Remember when the refrain was “Keep your morals out of my bedroom?” I thought that was a statement with some merit.

But now it has evolved to, “I will flaunt my morals in your face and bully my way as the only acceptable view.”

Nas on August 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Americans made a statement yesterday: “This is OUR country.”

kingsjester on August 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Top three things Commies hate:
Christianity
Families
Chicken

Strike Hornet on August 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Top three things Commies hate:
Christianity
Families
Chicken

Oh boy, do you need to open a book.

Capitalism is the number one.

V-rod on August 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Rachel: 1
Purposeful: 0
Justice: Priceless

RushBaby on August 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Serfs can’t be fired…..

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Your regrets about what happened to this guy speak well for you. But, in the final analysis, he did this to himself.

More broadly, we’re in a fight for our country, culture and Way of Life. In order for us to win, they are going to have to lose. Given that they really seem to want all the crap that they want, they are going to be crushed when they don’t get it. (They’re not a very happy bunch at their best, anyway.)

Do you want to live under their thumbs in the kind of a world they want to create?

Then, get ready for the wailing and an ocean of tears.

trigon on August 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Amazingly there is actually someone in Arizona defending the bully.

Free speech? Not at Vante in Tucson

The author and the bully are both getting ripped in the comments.

aunursa on August 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

This isn’t about being Gay or even Gay marriage. It’s about that PUNK Rahm Emanuel. People are fed up with the leftist bullying and we are not going to stand by anymore. These are the same people (some of them literally) who thought spiting on soldiers coming home from Vietnam was a good idea. I was a dumb ass kid back then, but not anymore. I’ve stood against the “God Hates Fags” bunch a couple hundred times now. They got a right to think and say what they want BUT that doesn’t include bullying a family trying to bury their kid. And the same goes for that PUNK Rahm Emanuel. He don’t care about Gays, he’s just a bully.

Pole-Cat on August 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Oh boy, do you need to open a book.

Capitalism is the number one.

V-rod on August 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM

No, they LOVE “Cronie Capitalism” (aka: fake socialism/socialism for you, but not for me)…it is Christianity/Christians they loathe the most.

Strike Hornet on August 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM

The guy got fired? I don’t think he should have gotten fired. I think he is a big, intolerant, bigoted meanie who doesn’t mind taking out his anger and spite on a young women who he obviously feels is beneath the great him. Still, I think he has the same right to freedom of speech as does the Chick-Fil-A guy. But I don’t he thinks that. I think he thinks he’s entitled to free speech because he’s right and therefore good and that people who disagree with him don’t have a right to free speech because, disagreeing with him, makes them wrong and therefore evil and hateful and bigoted and unworthy of any rights what-so-ever, which IMO makes him a buffoon.

The leftie master plan of some lefties in play here, which has been in the works for, oh, about 10 years now is to make non-leftie opinions or religious beliefs akin to heresy so that anyone espousing such “hatred,” “bigotry,” “racism,” “homophobia” is demonized to the point that they just shut up and go away. It’s to ostracize and virtually criminalize many religions and pretty much any conservative political position.

I support gay rights but way too many lefties, with the tactics they are using these days, have gone full-out totalitarian fascist and I will never support that. They DON’T believe in debate or freedom of speech…if it’s different from what they think people should be thinking and saying at any particular time and place. They believe in thought control and in destroying anyone they perceive as an opponent at any particular time and place. They can call me whatever they want because I know what I am, what I am not and I know what they are too.

Oh and kudos to that lovely young woman at Chick-Fil-A for the way she dealt with this jerk. She’s great at customer service which will be a big plus in her work career as she moves along. Unfortunately, jerks are a part of life.

limmo on August 3, 2012 at 6:44 AM

The actions of Mr. Smith do not reflect our corporate values in any manner. Vante is an equal opportunity company with a diverse workforce, which holds diverse opinions. We respect the right of our employees and all Americans to hold and express their personal opinions, however, we also expect our company officers to behave in a manner commensurate with their position and in a respectful fashion that conveys these values of civility with others.

We hope that the general population does not hold Mr. Smith’s actions against Vante and its employees.

Original story from PewSitter.

WMBriggs on August 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I am late to this story, but this is not a freedom of speech issue. He bullied that girl and taped her without permission. Then posted it on the internet, hoping to be a hero. Instead, he’s a putz. His company had every right to fire him, he reflected badly on them and caused people to wonder if everyone at the company is as unhinged as this person obviously is. It would be a good idea for Vante to do an audit if he really is the CFO.

megthered on August 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I love schadenfreude in the morning it smells like libtard desperation.

neyney on August 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Next up? The guy will sue his employer – he was on his own time.

athenadelphi on August 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Nope. You’re wrong on both counts. This guy was the CFO, not a clerk. He’s upper management. He isn’t protected by the Fair Labor Act and it’s 99% certain he has a contract wherein he agrees to not be a public relations disaster for the company. And the unemployment? He was fired with cause. There’s NO unemployment, which is for folks who get layed off, not for people who break the company rules.

Portia46 on August 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 8:39 PM

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

dominigan on August 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

No Chick fil a on a bun for you “Chicago etal” residents, you live in the new age Decmocrt Party Reservations.

“Union made shit on shingle for you.”

All that hard work and danger your grand parents and parents went through to get you equal with all other Americans, and for that you chose to live as Democrat Voters and Reservation Slaves, just so you can be black when your could choose to be free and equal Americans.

Not a good choice this self imposed reservation life.

Think about it you with will could set yourselves free.

Yours true,

AnApachewhoknows of the non reservation life.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on August 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM