Official Chick-fil-A statement: Yesterday was “unprecedented”

posted at 5:44 pm on August 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

Last night’s question answered: Yep, they’re formally acknowledging Appreciation Day.

We are very grateful and humbled by the incredible turnout of loyal Chick-fil-A customers on August 1 at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country. Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day was not a company promotion; it was initiated by others.

We congratulate local Chick-fil-A Owner/Operators and their team members for striving to serve each and every customer with genuine hospitality.

While we don’t release exact sales numbers, it was an unprecedented day.

The Chick-fil-A culture and 66-year-old service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.

Our goal is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.

That’s from Steve Robinson, executive VP of marketing. An earlier version of this statement apparently described it as a “record-setting day,” which jibes with what Dan Cathy told Rick Warren yesterday. Not sure why the language would have changed; probably their PR guys just preferred “unprecedented” for stylistic reasons, since it better captures the atmosphere of the event. “Record-setting” is cold and bottom line. “Unprecedented” speaks to the spirit of the enthusiasm.

Either way, here’s what a friend received when she went to CFA today:

The only loser yesterday, besides many thousands of chickens, was this guy, who decided he not only needed to lecture a Chick-fil-A drive-through attendant, he had to record it too. That turned out to be a bad idea; as of this afternoon, he’s part of the 8.2 percent. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

While you make a cogent and rational comment, allow me to retort:

Jog on.

catmman on August 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Vante (medical device manufacturer) Tucson, AZ
2010 – Present Half Hour Ago.
CFO and Corporate Treasurer
2011 – Present Half Hour Ago.
Corporate Controller

portlandon on August 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Genius!

And I love the part how he had to point out he’s heterosexual in between accusing the nice young lady of supporting a “hate group”.

What a preening betamale sneering liberal d-bag.

Chuck Schick on August 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM

NaCly dog on August 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Good on y’all.

Just do it “off property”.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Why? His father built the frickin company.. If he wants his corporation to be one way then it is his corporation.

melle1228 on August 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM

while I think Mr. Cathy has served both his business and community with pride and distinction, I think that it would be in the best interest of both the corporation and the employees that Mr. Cathy resign his position as president and CEO, and let the process of repairing and rebuilding the brand begin. JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

ROFL. I’d say the brand is doing just fine. Unprecedented, even.

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM

“That turned out to be a bad idea; as of this afternoon, he’s part of the 8.2 percent.”

LOL. I wonder if he now can’t stand Vante’s hate. If I were Vante (of Tuscon AZ), I’d be taking that into consideration now, IYKWIMAITYD.

Dusty on August 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM

How does this compare in significance to tax day tea parties or 912 rally in 2009 I wonder. I am searching for some hope that America is waking up and I don’t see it in the polling data. I missed yesterday due to business trip, but went last Saturday and will go again this weekend once I get home.

earlgrey133 on August 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Yeah, those naughty Christians, they totally asked for it./

MontanaMmmm on August 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM

How much you want to bet Adam Smith will be staring a wrongful termination lawsuit against his employer is 3…2…1…

portlandon on August 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Let him

Corporate officers carry the reputation of their company every where they go. Unless the company is run by morons it will be in his employment contract too.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

We supported CFA yesterday.
Drove 49 miles (one way), waited in line 1-1/2 hours.

pastselldate on August 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM

…thank you to everybody that went out of their way!

KOOLAID2 on August 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM

This is why the good guys win. And incorporating by implication, how they lose. They are so much stronger.

deja vu — I guess I’ve typed that before. :)

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

So you’re not gonna’ try to sway some of the cuter gals tomorrow to cross over…for a while?

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I was told previously that hot lesbians are a myth and real ones look like Gollum.

So, well, yeah I might try anyways. :P

lorien1973 on August 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Let him

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

‘zactly.

catmman on August 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Thank you for your concern.

kingsjester on August 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Cody1991 on August 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM

good linky….just watched the 5 min clip…

excellent

cmsinaz on August 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

What damage?

Grovelling isn’t going to change a thing and the left isn’t going to stop if you throw them a bone.

This isn’t a church and what exactly does the church have to do with it? BTW, what’s an American Christian Church?

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Your brothers-in-arms are sick and tired of being pushed and they also happen to think that first amendment rights are a lot more important than decorum. Not that I actually buy the idea that the right has in fact done any such thing.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Someone should reward the drive-through attendant. She demonstrated she is a complete professional and great representative for Chick-Fil-A. Hope news gets to her that the creep who trolled her window got his just reward as well.

Delta Tango on August 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

while I think Mr. Cathy has served both his business and community with pride and distinction, I think that it would be in the best interest of both the corporation and the employees that Mr. Cathy resign his position as president and CEO.

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Dude… this is a PRIVATELY OWNED COMPANY.
It’s not like a McDonald’s franchise.

**rolling my eyes**

pastselldate on August 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM

A liberal lost his job for his intolerance. I love it.

rrpjr on August 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

d1carter on August 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM

now that one I do believe…

cmsinaz on August 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

NaCly dog on August 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

heh

cmsinaz on August 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Soon, it will be “Morning in America” again. Everyone is beginning to wake up. Yesterday was glorious.

kingsjester on August 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

pastselldate on August 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I think James was just making a fast pass,…kind of like a drive by.

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Kudos to the CFA employee. Well done. I’m sorry a jackbutt did that to you. You behaved responsibly and professionally in the face of outrageous, insulting remarks from a metrosexual hate machine.

You deserve to be part of the 8.2+ percent, dude. You have plenty of time for a sit-in now that you are unemployed, Adam Smith. I can’t believe anyone trusted you with responsibility given that you are intolerant of differing opinions and cannot act with civility toward other human beings.

You did not know this young lady’s beliefs; she’s just trying to earn a paycheck and may or may not share the opinion of the owners. Why did you even bother to harass this woman and record it? How self-important are you, anyway? Apparently too self-important. Haters be hatin’, and you are one of them, Adam. Maybe GLAAD will hire you to be a paid hatemonger.

Liberal fascism and intolerance in action.

Philly on August 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

A%% Clown getting fired…

… Made.My.Day!

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

earlgrey133 on August 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I don’t answer pollsters, sign petitions or join in boycotts (well, when Toshiba sold submarine technology to the USSR I stopped buying their products, but that was a special case).

I have been to two TEA parties and went to CFA yesterday. This is something the silent majority can take part in without disrupting their lives (family takes precedence). They let rabble rousers get the attention and use their power quietly, at the ballot box.

So, I’d say pretty big.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

kingsjester on August 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Yes it was!

gophergirl on August 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I am so happy to see that the jackass was fired.

ButterflyDragon on August 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I was told previously that hot lesbians are a myth…

lorien1973 on August 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

They ain’t…I know. Many are just confused.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

What a preening betamale sneering liberal d-bag.

Chuck Schick on August 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Yep. You caught that too.

In his zealous need to defend “The Gays” he had to mention he isn’t one, which smears them. Archie Bunker couldn’t have done it better.

portlandon on August 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

It wasn’t just this drive thru employee. Employees all over gave water to protestors outside their store…

melle1228 on August 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Adam Smith will really need free ice water now, won’t he? I’ll bet if he asked real nice,…..

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I have seen the face of hate, and it wasn’t the salesgirl.
Enjoy your food stamps, loser.

SailorMark on August 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Oh look, a nutball!

JPeterman on August 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

is untenable and utterly unacceptable.

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Urban dictionary should post this as an illustration of a concern troll.

Bouncing Beatnik on August 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Something tells me he’ll be signing up for more free things here directly. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

JPeterman on August 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM

**SNORT**

kingsjester on August 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM

melle1228 on August 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Sadly for them, what they want most — approval from society — cannot be imposed upon the population even at the point of a gun. Moreover, the more strident, in-your-face and hateful they become, the less likely they will get what they most want. They can only achieve approval of society by winning hearts and minds.

Like I said, I truly don’t care what consenting adults do and I support SSM. I am not, however, ever going to be driven to vote solely or even mostly on that issue.

If gays want the approval of society, they need to tell their militant, activist wing to start acting like they belong in society. For example, I can understand why homosexuals are proud to be out after having had to live in the closet. I get that. I really do. What I don’t get is how they think attending gay pride parades in ass-less leather chaps and performing sex acts in the middle of the street in broad daylights is going to further their cause. That kind of behaviour leads even moderates and supporters to say, “Hide the children!” After all, who wants their 6 or 7 year-old witnessing anyone giving or receiving a blowjob in public — heterosex or homosex?

Finally, I know that many lefties will claim that gays don’t really want the approval of society. They will say that they only want to be treated equally under the law, but I have debated many, many homosexuals on this subject and, at the end of the day, everything has always boiled down to “My homosexual relationship is just as valuable to society as a heterosexual one is and society should not only accept it, but approve of it. If society does not, then it is because they are homophobic.”

Even though I, personally, do not have a problem with homosexuality, society has always put a premium on a marriage between a man and a woman. This premium has never been extended to hetero couples living together, homosexuals or mums-n-sons sharing a home and expenses. It may be unfair, but that is just the way that it is and the only way that will ever change is through winning the hearts and minds and through evolution.

The entire purpose of the kiss-in tomorrow is to say, “Look at me, you hateful Christians! I am trying to get in your face and make you uncomfortable. I’m doing this, in all honesty, because I really want your approval and, if I have to use thuggery and the government in an attempt to achieve it, then so be it!”

Because of that, I predict that tomorrow’s kiss-in will resemble and pack the same “punch” as Ed the Red Schultz’s attempt to outdraw Beck in Washington, which was a colossal failure.

Resist We Much on August 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Are the lefturds hatin’ on Vante of Tucson yet?

stukinIL4now on August 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Adam Smith drinks Haterade.

Philly on August 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Gay activists are full of hate.

jaime on August 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Don’t know you, but as a general rule, unknown posters are required or at least it is suggested that you use one of these. / it is a sarc tag. At least until folks have a chance to understand your wit. LOL!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I loved how he pointed out that he was heterosexual. As if anyone had doubts…

Philly on August 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM

A liberal lost his job for his intolerance. I love it.

rrpjr on August 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM

No, he lost his job because he forgot that as a executive for a company, yes, HE can be held responsible for his actions.

If that kind of behavior is demanded from professional Sports players, then Jimmy Olsen in his Prius can do it too.

There’s a time n place to exercise your Free Speech rights, trying to score cheap points via Youtube isn’t the time or place.

I hope that company does an financial audit. I mean if he’s this stupid….:shrug:

BlaxPac on August 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I am so happy to see that the jackass was fired.

ButterflyDragon on August 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Same here. It’s so courageous to beat up on a girl, an employee who has to tolerate bad behavior.

What a pi$$ant he is.

Cody1991 on August 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Most businesses seek to be neutral in regard to political matters so to avoid detrimental impact of their brand and profits. While this short term sale explosion is tremendous, I think that the franchise has been permanently scarred by this episode, and while I think Mr. Cathy has served both his business and community with pride and distinction, I think that it would be in the best interest of both the corporation and the employees that Mr. Cathy resign his position as president and CEO, and let the process of repairing and rebuilding the brand begin.

You mentioned the conventional wisdom, and then suggested the steps conventional wisdom would require be taken — despite the evidence showing the conventional wisdom is wrong. Apparently, taking a conservative — even, Heaven forfend, a religious-conservative — stance on issues is good for business.

And the idea that they need to rebuild their brand is bizarre. How could their company possibly have more good will?

On a personal note, while I am indifferent to the issue of gay marriage/marriage equality, and find the entire “gay rights” movement absurd, unnecessary and redundant, there have been some very despicable things said in regards to gay and lesbian Americans that have absolutely no place in the American Christian Church. One of the defining characteristics about conservative Americans, such as the ones that have shown their support for an American business in peril, is their kindness, thoughtfulness, patriotism and devotion to common human compassion and decency, qualities that are absent on the American left. To watch my political brothers-in-arms sink to the pit of hatred and bile so common place in liberalism is untenable and utterly unacceptable.

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

That last is just strange. It superficially sounds like you are trying to be even-handed, even as you lob criticisms one would expect from a progressive.

This, for example:

When did this even happen?

Strange post.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Two Thumbs Up for Vante in Tucson!!!!

pastselldate on August 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM

You talking to me?

jaime on August 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Strange post.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Is the nom familiar to you? It isn’t to me. LOL!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Vante regrets the unfortunate events that transpired yesterday in Tucson between our former CFO/Treasurer Adam Smith and an employee at Chick-fil-A. Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

Bwahahaha. Stupid f****** yuppie showed his azz and got his comeuppance. The girl handled it great. I support gay marriage, but I don’t support fascist terrorism of trying to destroy those with opposing views.

Southernblogger on August 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

You talking to me?

jaime on August 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

LOL! No you are familiar to me. LOL! ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Gotta agree with you coz. About the hotness, and the confusion.

novaculus on August 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

There’s not a gay in me…

At the moment, no.

the new aesthetic on August 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I nominate that girl for Sainthood.
That guy just reeked of….everything bad.

AmeriCuda on August 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Did anyone notice from the resume that he has FOUR kids??? Ughhh. How would you like that for a parent ( notice I didn’t say father).

Aggie85 on August 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

LOL! No you are familiar to me. LOL! ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I didn’t think so, but I don’t want to offend any of my gay friends who aren’t hate-filled activists.

Which I know you are not. lulz …you know what I mean

jaime on August 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I loved how he pointed out that he was heterosexual. As if anyone had doubts…

Philly on August 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM

lol — cause that’s what I do. When I’m introduced, I nod in Southern style, stick out my hand, and say “Nice to meet you. I’m heterosexual.”

Perfectly normal for heterosexual men to greet others that way.

:) Didn’t even notice that.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM

BTW, they let him go awful fast. My guess is that king douche wasn’t all that and a bag of chips as CFO. Being a sanctimonious lefty twat was probably grinding on a lot of nerves at Vante. But I bet his job performance was sub-par as well. Looks like they just needed one more little reason to cut the cord.

AUINSC on August 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Just in case you were in a coma yesterday,

T
…THE…
B
R
A
N
D
(except that its owner and many that work for the company and support it will NOT bend to the demands of a minority…and that is just fine for “the brand”)

Resist We Much on August 2, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Smith firing up at Breitbart…

idesign on August 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Is the nom familiar to you? It isn’t to me. LOL!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM

He strikes me as one of the ‘we are better than them’ conservatives who are far more concerned about appearing uncouth than winning.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

OT/ sorry, guys!

Hugh Hewitt is interviewing a gentleman named David Parker (who is also a Mormon), and he is explaining some of the things Romney has done – beyond donating his entire inheritance. Pretty astonishing. It certainly shows a side of Romney that I was unaware of. Very impressive.

This is an interesting interview, but I think you have to join to get the podcast. It would be a great one to pass along to others.

Cody1991 on August 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Smith firing up at Breitbart…

idesign on August 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Hahahajajajjaa. May he languish in poverty forever!

tom daschle concerned on August 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

My brother said they had about a 300% sales increase yesterday at his store, he said it was crazy. He worked 14 hours straight.

He said that he expected to see a slight increase in sales yesterday but nothing prepared him for what happened:

The unofficial Chick-Fil-A Day!

WOW what a crazy day, never in my career at Chick-Fil-A have I seen anything like this, it was utterly amazing. Unfortunately I do not have many pictures because I was in the middle of everything for about 14 hours straight (7:30am to 9:40pm). Our store was able to stay open the entire time with us only running out of salads, coleslaw and fruit.

I don’t think anyone could have forseen this amount of volume in Chick-Fil-A stores coming; even to where I can admit none of us were able to fully prepare for the ramifications of this day.

I do not consider what our store had as a line, it was just a giant mob; people going from our front counter all the way across the hall to the sleep number store, swinging left, and going further down. We had not one complaining customer about the wait today. When on a normal day we average 1-2 minutes an order, today we were averaging around 10 minutes or sometimes more an order. We usually consider anything above 5 minutes very bad speed. We also had about a 300% increase in volume from a normal day, that’s crazy!

NerwenAldarion on August 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Effective immediately, Mr. Smith is no longer an employee of our company.

CFA… +1

CFO… -1

ITguy on August 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Damn. I wish I could have gotten to the YouTube page before it was taken down. Really wanted to see the comments. Even politically neutral sites I’ve been to the past few days have show overwhelming support in the comments sections.

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Allow me to join the chorus of “Mr. Cathy resign from the company his dad built, and which just had ‘unprecedented’ sales? And a company which is striking a pitch-perfect response along the lines of ‘thanks for your support, we will continue serving all quality food with respect’” messaging?

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I think it’s ludicrous…

cs89 on August 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

NerwenAldarion on August 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Awesome!

gophergirl on August 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

tom daschle concerned on August 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Hmmm. A quote. Seeems a bit naive about executive responsiblity to reputation of company. I guess the qualifier at the very end might serve.

While part of me wants to fist pump and revel in this schadenfreude, another part of me hesitates to celebrate. Sure, Smith is a doucher of epic proportions, but this was an individual on their own time acting like a doucher, not while representing the company. Companies don’t own their employees thoughts and opinions off the clock unless of course, that is your previously agreed upon arrangement.

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

There’s not a gay in me…

At the moment, no.

the new aesthetic on August 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM

LOL! Good one!. LOL!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Heh! thems chik’ns got it in the neck for freedom.

ted c on August 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM

It’s a good thing he kept reminding the cashier that he was opposed to hatred. Otherwise, the fact that he went out of his way to abuse the courtesy of Chik-Fil-A and its employees might have caused some confusion.

BlueCollarAstronaut on August 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM

The most expensive free water ever.

Vante responded surprisingly fast to Smith’s douchebaggary. I bet they were swamped with emails and phone calls.

NotCoach on August 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM

As a corporate executive or officer, his company expects him (and probably has held him to a written agreement) to behave at all times as if he is representing the company, certainly if he is in public.

You got what you deserved, hater. Stay classy, Adam.

Philly on August 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hung him upside down and slow roasted him over a small, hot fire. Very enjoyable.

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

sandee on August 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

“That’s ludicrous. D’s being undersampled by 80 points does not impress me.” – Inthementalward

NotCoach on August 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I always do one of these.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I wasn’t able to go yesterday… I’m headed to the local CFA now with my family…

Khun Joe on August 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

What a sanctimonious jerk. I was at this Tucson CFA yesterday, and there was no hate anywhere to be found. And BTW, this particular CFA does an enormous amount of good for the community.

This coward should have come inside and spoken to the customers, instead of badgering the female drive-thru worker. Instead of hate, he would have found an ethnically diverse variety of courteous and friendly Americans fed up with fascist busybodies (like this guy) who cannot tolerate the expression of any point of view or belief that differs from their own.

AZCoyote on August 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

They were not favorable towards him to say the least. Funny as all get out though!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I cringed watching that video…what an unbelievable douchebag. That poor woman…she handled it well, though. I don’t envy anyone out of work these days, but in this case three cheers for his company for pulling the plug.

changer1701 on August 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I commend Vente, the company for which neanderthal smith worked as CFO, for FIRING him for his sub-human display of hatred at Chick-fil-A.

TeaPartyNation on August 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

aw. If he doesn’t like Chick Fil A or their values, then he can take his business somewhere else.

ted c on August 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I always do one of these.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Well he seems to be a conservative, but he doesn’t post in any great detail, except today.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Dammit!!!! You bastards! I want to see that! I wonder if it’s cached somewhere.

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

That fella was really mean to that girl. Dan Cathy answered a question and this guy takes Cathy’s answer and position out on one of his employees?? Pretty low brow, Adam.

ted c on August 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Is that you, Mr. Smith?

Benedict Nelson on August 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

dongemarhu—go to breitbart and see dana loesch’s post

ted c on August 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Enjoys the headlines mostly. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Repairing and rebuilding the brand?

So being for traditional marriage is evil?? Seriously, get out of here.

Blake on August 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

While I am proud that an American business owner stood firm in his right to express his constitutional right to free speech, this episode is not what I would think as good business practice. Most businesses seek to be neutral in regard to political matters so to avoid detrimental impact of their brand and profits…
JamesSeanMcKeane on August 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

REALLY? Checkout the list of dozens of businesses that have joined the Glen Beck/Rush Limbaugh boycotts (hint, some of the largest and most visible “brands” in the world). It seems that if you boycott someone/thing the leftists don’t like, your “brand” is safe.

Strike Hornet on August 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I’m kind of over chickened at this point, but yes.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Nonsense. Just look carefully and pluck any growing feathers. I did. Tomorrow is Friday and I feel a peach shake craving. coming on. Have to eat somewhere.

katy the mean old lady on August 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

the youtube comments on homeboy’s video are…..brutal.

ted c on August 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

dude. i was totally craving me some of that Chick Fil A lemonade today…….

ted c on August 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Well, I found another copy on YouTube with lots of comments. Really enjoy reading them. Ha! The only thig is, people don’t know whether to thumb up or thumb down the video.

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I saw the original AND another he had posted of a bicycling event he was in… he is clearly full of himself.

This goes to show, people should really think first before posting personal stuff all over the internet.

MontanaMmmm on August 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I had the same thought. I don’t think the commenters are down twinkling the poster of the vid, just the guy in the vid. When I lst looked, if it’s the same page it had 1557 comments, the majority 1300 and some were thumbs down. Some really funny comments in there. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

The firing of Smith doesn’t change Smith’s personality or epic rudeness. It won’t prevent him from blasting another female employee at a business whose CEO disagrees with his political views. As far as feeling celebratory, I think I’m in the clear as conservatives didn’t call for Smith’s head like we see on the left with groups like Color of Change. No one pressured Vante. Vante, a private company, made this decision themselves and as a private entity have every right to do so. I support this right. The community didn’t make the decision to fire Smith, they did. This is the difference between the true belief in free speech as demonstrated by conservatives and progressives.

Beg to disagree. No one on the executive staff has something called “their own time,” or time where they are “not representing the company.”

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM

dongemarhu—go to breitbart and see dana loesch’s post
ted c on August 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Thanks. I’m on the train on my iPhone and my Internet prowess is greatly reduced. ;)

Dongemaharu on August 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM