Video: Long lines on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day

posted at 3:56 pm on August 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

An A/V follow-up on Rob’s post to give you a sense of how things are going. There’s no hard sales data yet, just anecdotal accounts of big crowds, but the photos are impressive. Twitchy has a nice gallery; this one, from Fox Atlanta, is local but also solid. And as for the lone CFA in the Chicago, Legal Insurrection’s got that covered. A reminder to Rahm and that dumb alderman who wanted Chick-fil-A banned from his ward: Gay-marriage opponents turn out. If you’re going to take them on and risk galvanizing them, at least avoid doing it via tactics that are obviously unconstitutional and therefore destined to fail. Good lord.

There are lots of videos of crowds at CFA franchises on YouTube today but the quickie clip below is the best I’ve seen at capturing the volume. If you’ve got a better one, e-mail it to us and I’ll update. One footnote on the timeline here: Huckabee’s initial Facebook post on July 22 calling for Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day didn’t mention any threats by government officials to ban the company from their districts. Unless I’ve missed something, the only pol to that point who had warned the company was Mumbles in Boston; the Chicago alderman’s ultimatums didn’t make a splash nationally until two days later. This didn’t start out as a protest of government overreach, in other words, but I think it’s become one in part, in addition to the basic statement being made in support of traditional values. I wonder how much extra money Rahm made for the Cathy family today.

The company itself has apparently had enough of being a cultural lightning rod, doing nothing whatsoever to promote Huckabee’s idea. Exit quotation from a Chick-fil-A customer: “He (Dan Cathy) said the exact same thing that President Obama said. And he gets negativity, and Obama gets positivity.” Yes, because Obama’s a cynical, self-interested liar and literally everyone knows it.

Update: Good question from John McCormack: “Just to be clear: Obama’s former chief of staff wants to trample on the rights of religious business owners, and Obama said nothing, right?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Good!

The Rock on August 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I went today and cars were lined up out onto the street. 3 cops were there too to handle the crowds.

I hadn’t eaten chick fil a in years, and man I forgot how good those sammiches are. You can tell a woman makes em. ;)

lorien1973 on August 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Lol, is it allowed to win your own thread right off the bat?

JeremiahJohnson on August 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Free Speech FTW!

melle1228 on August 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I live in a very liberal city in a red state. Cars backed up for blocks. The employees were taking orders way before the drive up. Great service with a smile..

Impressive for this town.

bluealice on August 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Wanted to go earlier, couldn’t deal with the traffic.

Going for dinner tonight I think.

John_Locke on August 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

We Americans love our chicken and our free speech!

Liam on August 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

lorien1973 on August 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

LOL- And you have never tasted my cooking. My hubby is a much better chef..

melle1228 on August 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

We conservatives are tired of the liberals setting the agenda.
On both sides of the aisle.

Amjean on August 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I wonder what the party leaders on both sides are saying about today?

kingsjester on August 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM

There are several Chik-fil-A’s in the Chicago suburbs and I’ve been hearing that a few of them were doing brisk business. One caller to a local radio station was there before 11 am and said it was already crowded.

stukinIL4now on August 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I had a 20 minute wait at the drive through at my NJ Chick-Fil-A. It was 11:30 and the place was PACKED. There were a couple of protesters out with signs. The customers were from all walks of life–guys in suits, ladies in dresses, car mechanics, military,old, young. The employees were chipper, friendly and polite.

Beaglemom on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Oh yeah?! Well just wait until Friday when teh gheys have their kiss in! Why inthemiddle herself has committed to brining a vanload of gheys for some hot PDA and she’s even going to try and get as ghey as possible next to the most conservative looking families! Take that you wingnutz!

Kataklysmic on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

In a red state, but fairly liberal mid-sized city…

I went early, at 10 AM. Even at that time, the drive-up was full (probably 10-12 cars) and inside, there were about 15 orders waiting (each order averaged 2 people). Service, with a very pleasant smile, took maybe 10 minutes.

I can only imagine that the lunch rush was crazy!

RedRightReturning on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Let’s not forget that this is a response to totalitarian intolerants who define the contemporary democrat.

tom daschle concerned on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I’m sure they got pushback from some store owners wringing their hands over the boycott, so that’s probably why they’re staying silent. Then again, they don’t need to say or do anything…people are indeed voting with their wallets.

changer1701 on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

The real question is is this getting national media attention? I’ve seen a blurb on the FOX website and local news in places seems to be covering this. But what about the other big cable/networks?

You can bet if they aren’t, they’ll have trucks all over the country for the ‘Kiss-Ins’ by the gay activists scheduled for Friday.

catmman on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

The two nearest PA stores were overflowing with hundreds of people.

Customer Quote: “This is what it’s going to be like in November”

forest on August 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Doing the same…

catmman on August 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

A friend of ours is a shift manager at the local CFA. He got called in on his day off because they’re swamped.

skydaddy on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Says the cynical, self-interested blogger. Enjoy your little culture war diversion.

lostmotherland on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

How many more kiss-in pictures will the Obama-caca-Beluga-caviar-eating-press show, compared to the crowds at Chick-Fil-A?

May they spontaneously combust for not protecting the 1st Amendment, which will do them in ultimately.

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Took our entire office to the Springfield VA location. There were already about 60 people in line at 11:45. My chicken wrap was delicious and the libs can suck it.

faol on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Michigan has only one Chick-fil-A and it is a bit out of my way. So the food has to be really good for me to hit it up after work if I am going to add an hours worth of drive time to my commute. Just how good are they?

NotCoach on August 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

BAm!

ted c on August 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I hate Obama as much as the next guy, but I hate waiting in lines even more. Count me as an absentee supporter of the cause.

jimmy the notable on August 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Leftists should all be for free speech, alas, the tyrannical Maos.

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

You can tell a woman makes em. ;)

lorien1973 on August 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I — I love you for that. :)

(Nothing weird though. Regular love. Nothing that would require me to turn my back on chicken sandwiches or hang out with PETA in a parking lot.)

Axe on August 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Thanks Rahm, you have probably given Chic-Fil-A the biggest sales day on record…I wonder what they will do with the added profits, whom will they support?

right2bright on August 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM

On vacation, otherwise I’d have joined in. Have to wait until I get back to Civilization (capitalized on purpose)

rbj on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

lostmotherland on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I notice you left out “liar”.

NotCoach on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

#1 – this isn’t really how boycotts are supposed to work, right?

#2 – Mitt needs to stop by a Chick-fil-A as soon as he gets back to the U.S.

darkegop on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Kataklysmic on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

LOL, nothing like doubling down on stupid.

Midas on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Let them, uh, cling to, uh, God, and, uh, guns, and, uh, uh, chicken.

- Barack Obamuh.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

People who stand in line for 30 minutes to get a chicken sandwich are people who are going to vote in November.

Call it the Occupy Chick-fil-A Movement…

Bruno Strozek on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

lostmotherland on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

And what is the evil Allah Pundit’s plan? What diversion do you speak of?

sharrukin on August 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I drive by a Chick Fil A on the way home and I’m going to swoop in and see what’s up. I betcha it’ll be a madhouse. That’s okay tho’ … I hope they killz them some delicious chickens.

BTW, Allah….do we really need to be called gay-marriage opponents? How about marriage supporters??

ted c on August 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I notice you left out “liar”.

NotCoach on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I noticed that too.

forest on August 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Yep.

Bitter Clinger on August 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Took my hubby an hour to p/u our food today! :D He said everyone was smiling and more than happy to wait! The drive-through line wound through the plaza and many people had to park further away and walk for quite a while to get there.

cynccook on August 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

catmman on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

If the MSM cover this, it will be with the spin that this is the biggest example of gay bashing in human history.

Liam on August 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

That spicy chick’n sammich is gonna Occupy My Belly 2nite…..

ted c on August 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Jam packed at noon today in Cary NC – drive thru line unending and 25 or so on line at each cashier (I think there were 6 cashier stations).

Fuquay Steve on August 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

lostmotherland on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Aww. Having a bad day?

Bitter Clinger on August 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Wanted to go earlier, couldn’t deal with the traffic.

Going for dinner tonight I think.

John_Locke on August 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Nobody boycotts there anymore, it’s too crowded.–Famous Yankee catcher.

Barnestormer on August 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Mitt is smart not to get involved. I am liking him more and more each day.

McDuck on August 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

“How to win friends and influence people”

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Why I, uh, uh, I had me, uh, uh, I had me, uh, a bucket of, uh, Chick-fil-A, uh, chicken, just, uh, uh, last night. And, uh, Michelle and the, uh, kids, uh, helped me eat it.

- Barack Obamuh

OhEssYouCowboys on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

i already saw a story in the LA Times that the tea party came out to support Chick-fil-A. So that’s their spin … it’s all the wingnut tea partiers again. So lame, old, and unoriginal.

darkegop on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Meanwhile………………….

Fans, protesters, PETA converge on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day
****************************************************************

On Friday, same-sex couples plan to converge on Chick-fil-A locations for National Same-Sex Kiss Day. At 8 p.m.,

they plan to publicly embrace to voice their displeasure against the millions of dollars Chick-fil-A is said to have donated to anti-gay marriage organizations.

A Facebook group dedicated to the protest pokes fun at Chick-fil-A’s slogan “Eat Mor Chikin” with the motto

“Kiss Mor Chiks.”

canopfor on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

6 P.M. this evening and I will get my peach milkshake!

honsy on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Too bad we can’t have Chick-Fil-A locations serve as official polling stations in November.

bobcalco on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Upon viewing the photos, I conclude that this is good practice for Election Day when we surprise libturds with crowds and crowds and more crowds at the polls. Tea Party defunct? Nope, just hangin’ back, chillin’ out and waitin’ for the charge onto the voting battlefield.

stukinIL4now on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

From Feb. 2012:

Chick-fil-A Achieves Record Annual Sales of $4 Billion. Chain to Create Nearly 7,000 New Jobs through New Restaurants and Sales Growth in 2012.

WooHoo! An American success story.

Reports from around the nation say business is BOOMING today in response to ‘Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.’

You can’t buy this kind of media attention.

I would like to extend a big ‘thank you’ to all those petulant homosexuals and their comrades for making this possible.

locomotivebreath1901 on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

By promoting sexual deviancy, the libtards have produced their first successful economic stimulus in years.

sentinelrules on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I’m going to laugh my butt off if business is so good today that Chick-Fil-A runs out of food and has to close for Friday’s Kiss-in.

meci on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I’ve never eaten Chick-Fil-A…not because of any boycott or anything, just haven’t done it…I think there is only one outlet in NYC, at NYU…and of course there is a facebook page on ousting Chick-Fil-A by a student org at the university.

The truth of the matter, that the ownership of Chick-Fil-A made a statement that he/she/they support so-called “traditional marriage” between a man and a woman. It’s blown up as tho the management of Chick-Fil-A has an official policy of homophobia or something. Which is far from the truth. Of course, these liberal militant activist types have no use for facts and truth when there’s a big stink to be made.

It’s no surprise to most HA’er that I do support gay marriage…aside from that belief, I’m conservative on fiscal and most social issues. If someone wants to boycott some place, and call on others to do the same, they really should stick to the facts of the matter, and not have the reasons “evolve” into something else, purely for effect.

Maybe I’ll head over to NYU and get some grub.

JetBoy on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

The Left are Boycott Bonkers!!

canopfor on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

canopfor

I’m sure the staff at Chick-fil-a will treat them with respect, despite it not being reciprocal.

darkegop on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

We win on gay marriage.
Regardless of questionable polls that show majorities favoring gay marriage, the intensity levels are way on our side. A small number of gay militants are intensely in favor, but for the most part those in favor of gmarriage are lackadaisical, could go either way (no pun intended), while the opposition is FIERCE. So tap into this opposition. Don’t wimp out. Don’t let this issue go by the wayside. Make it a rallying cry, and win. Because there are many O-leaning independents that can be swayed on the gay issue alone… if we make it a big issue (but not if it looks like Romney himself is lackadaisical on the issue).
And Romney, figure out how to maintain your genteel look, but still rise very strong against gay militancy, as well as gay marriage.

anotherJoe on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

This is one of the most powerful videos/pictures I’ve seen.
A video by Simon Conroy of WHO radio in Des Moines Iowa…..

tencole on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Chick-fil-A here in Ohio are packed. We went for breakfast and had an hours wait. We are planning to go for dinner but the radio stations are saying at least a 2 hour wait. The atmosphere this morning was great, people were very pleasant and we all felt we were part of something huge. The talk radio stations have had many, many calls by people who are FED UP and are tired of taking it from special interest groups. Maybe it woke up the sleeping giant? I hope so.

megthered on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I took my son to the local Chic-Fil-A in Montgomery Alabama and had to give up. There were car lines two blocks in both directions. Chic-Fil-A had a person outside the car line taking orders and calling them into the store. People were parking across the street and walking to the store. And this was at 2PM!

itsspideyman on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

darkegop on August 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Shouldn’t at least two brain cells rub together and worry them that such a huge turnout, Tea Party motivated or not, may indicate 2010 all over again?

NotCoach on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Also the mayor of San Fransicko Ed Lee who said this :

Closest #ChickFilA to San Francisco is 40 miles away & I strongly recommend that they not try to come any closer.” – @mayoredlee tweeted Thursday.

“Very disappointed #ChickFilA doesn’t share San Francisco’s values & strong commitment to equality for everyone.” – @mayoredlee added.

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Just came home with the Chicken Deluxe w/ provelone and an order of waffle-cut fries.

Long Lines in Torrance, CA!!

Tim_CA on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

There are some awfully bitter Trolls today.

Sho’ ’nuff hate it for ‘em.

This is a celebration of American exceptionalism.

kingsjester on August 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM

When will some d suggest a $5 tax on all chickens sold to CFA? Can’t have anyone making money now can we?

Gads, I should not have given bloomberg any new ideas?
L

letget on August 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Bloomberg Says Mayors ‘Are Wrong’
to Ban Chick-fil-A

Unless they serve salt, large sodas, or baby formula, I guess.

mrt721 on August 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Maybe I’ll head over to NYU and get some grub.

JetBoy on August 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I understand they’re closed for the season, with the regular semesters being finished.

Liam on August 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

This is the lead story on ABC right now: http://abcnews.go.com/

Stoic Patriot on August 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

God, country, family & chikin …

Lines wrapping around restaurant inside and out…Also all around for drive thru in Laguna Niguel, CA.

ocbrat on August 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

lostmotherland on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

AP is in favor of gay marriage. Way to miss the point though. This entire episode is about a war on the first amendment.

Kataklysmic on August 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

=====================

As Rahm stabs his chic-Fil-A chicken,with his steak knife…….

….Die…..Die…Die….and get the h*ll out of my city!
(snark)

canopfor on August 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Neither has Bostonian Romney, that coward.

AmeriCuda on August 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

NotCoach

My favorite is the Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Jack in the Box.
I went this morning and bought their version.

It was pretty darn good and actually a little spicier.
I enjoyed the pickles they served with it. Very southern.

I still prefer JITB, but it will make you feel good to still go and “protest”.

I feel like I voted against the Obama Machine!
Our Chick-fil-A here in Ft. Worth, next to the Carswell Air Force Base, was packed with people and cars lined up.

Typicalwhitewoman on August 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I had to drive nearly 40 miles (one way) to the nearest Chick-fil-A. There was a long line for food, but it moved quickly. I enjoyed my lunch there not just because of the good food, but also because it clearly pi$$ed off every lunatic-leftist in the area. In many cars driving by the restaurant, the occupants either gave the finger (d-cRAT socialists) or honked and waved their support (normal people who respect the 1st Amendment). The latter far out-numbered the former. It was an interesting experience.

TeaPartyNation on August 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Kataklysmic on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

And when they do, just ignore them. Just treat them like everyone else is treated every day.

It’ll drive those self-absorbed attention seekers absolutely bat-shit crazy.

BacaDog on August 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM

The “Press” was too busy protesting Team Romney in Poland…

… and the crickets in the White House Press Corps were telling the reporters to keep it down, they couldn’t hear themselves.

Seven Percent Solution on August 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM

You cannot claim to be a Christian, and support homosexual marriage.

To do so is to repudiate and, therefore, to renounce the teachings of Jesus Christ:

Mark 10:

[6] But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

[7] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

[8] And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 1, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Kataklysmic on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

If SHE and her friends are hot it might help business. Voyeurs like chicken too. Just sayin.

Buttercup on August 1, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Kataklysmic on August 1, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Yeah, that’s the irony of this. Rahm et al. made enemies even among people who agree with them on the merits of SSM. I wouldn’t have cared about CFA Appreciation Day if not for the thuggishness of threatening the company.

Allahpundit on August 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Liam on August 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Argh…I didn’t even think of that Summer break. As far as I know, that’s the only one around here…I’ll have to check. Someone mentioned waffle fries and that got my taste buds all tingly.

JetBoy on August 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

The restaurants are individually owned franchises.
And in Chicago – the owner made the point that they “donate to a wide variety of causes, including everything from churches to gay and lesbian organizations.”
So it seems a visit to this location is a good way to show your support for free speech as well SSM and Gay Rights.

verbaluce on August 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Next headline for the media: “Chick-Fil-A restaurants nationwide close early after popular demand runs them out of food.”

Liam on August 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I have been looking at all the pictures with the biggest smile on my face.

I love this country!

Next up – November 6th :)

gophergirl on August 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

#2 – Mitt needs to stop by a Chick-fil-A as soon as he gets back to the U.S.

darkegop on August 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Yup

This is one of the most powerful videos/pictures I’ve seen.
A video by Simon Conroy of WHO radio in Des Moines Iowa…..

tencole on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM

This is just a mild warm-up for the 2012 election. The sleeping dragon is awakened and stirring.

Harbingeing on August 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM

As Yakov Smirnoff says:

What a country!

kingsjester on August 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Similar reports observed here during a time-constrained lunch hour in Orange County, CA. Not actually at one of the stores, but I saw a story run on local news about these overflow crowds in at a number of stores in SoCal. Believe you me, I will be voting for free speech at one of these franchises as soon as I can!

Semi-tangential exit question: do you suppose this could be a harbinger of the seething undercurrent of disgust that will manifest itself — the overly Dem-skewed polls notwithstanding — on the first Tuesday in November?

The War Planner on August 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Allahpundit on August 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

The funny thing is is that I think that this has set gay marriage support back. It put a lot of people who didn’t care firmly into opposition.

melle1228 on August 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM

JetBoy on August 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Double check, yes. Given the controversy, they might have decided to reopen. If they did, bon apetite!

Liam on August 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Lafayette, IN checks in.

esr1951 on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I am Spartacus!

fraterjim on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM

The silent majority is saying something very loud…

d1carter on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM

As a libertarian who happens to be gay, I abhor this “issue”.

It’s so utterly stupid, divisive and yet very illustrative of the problem of Government force. The owner expressed his free speech. Those who disagree with him expressed their free speech. The problem is people on both sides are looking to the thugs of government to FORCE their opinion on EVERYONE.

Some Anti-Gay-Marriage conservatives seek to use government to deny homosexual couples the legal rights and/or wording of marriage. Then, some pro-gay people seek to use government to FORCE perceived anti-gay people to agree with them via non-discrimination laws. Both sides are attempting to use the force of Government to FORCE their opinion or view on those they don’t agree with.

THE ANSWER IS – STOP LETTING STATES DEFINE MARRIAGE AT ALL. The state should not be involved in the definition of marriage.

I am not boycotting Chick-Fill-A. And if I ever had the opportunity to explain the intricacies of homosexuality and the Bible to their owner, I would. In my opinion you can mend disagreements much easier through good will and harmony, not trying to silence/punish the other side through the force of government.

I think the owner is wrong, not from a legal standpoint but from a moral standpoint. I think he’s wrong from a Christian standpoint. But it’ll take another 20-50 years before my way of thinking becomes commonplace. And I’m at peace with that. The morality of marriage should be obvious compared to the immorality of sex outside of marriage. Marriage attempts to create stability through a long term and loving union between two people. When you understand that gay people are born gay, and will always be gay then that will allow you to make certain excuses for what you read in the Bible.

Those same excuses you make on hundred other issues. It just takes time for those walls to come down. The owner of Chick-Fill-A, when he says things like he says, really does sting. It hurts people. People who’re gay and not necessarily sexually active or in a marriage. It tells them that HE thinks they’re below him. They’re less than. This hurts, especially given the fact that we’re born gay. We can’t control anymore than you can control your eye or hair color. Nothing good will come from heartless judgement against gay people. It hurts your soul, your faith and ultimately makes society just more angry, bitter and divided.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO IGNORE SEXUALITY. SEXUALITY IS NEUTRAL, MORALLY SPEAKING, BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS A SEXUALITY YET IS NOT SEXUALLY ACTIVE. IN THE BIBLE, ONLY ACTS OF SEX ARE A SIN, NOT YOUR MERE SEXUALITY. JUST BECAUSE YOU LUST TO HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN OUTSIDE OF WEDLOCK DOES NOT MAKE YOU GUILTY OR PREMARITAL SEX DOES IT? LIKEWISE THE SAME IS TRUE OF GAY PEOPLE. JUST BECAUSE THEY LUST, DOES NOT MEAN THEY ACT ON IT. THEREFORE, SEXUALITY IS MORALLY NEUTRAL.

I’ve heard of gay couples who are together, yet don’t have sex. I hear straight couples complain about never having sex. And as for the biblical passages – yeah there are ways around those. Just like everything else in the Bible we’ve found excuses around.

fatlibertarianinokc on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Romney/EatMoarChikn Cow 2012!

tdpwells on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM

This is the lead story on ABC right now: http://abcnews.go.com/

Stoic Patriot on August 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

But not a mention that I could see on CNN or MSNBC. In fact, the former leads with some opinion column about the whiny GOP. Bet they’ll be sure to cover any “kiss-ins” Friday, though.

changer1701 on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Kataklysmic on August 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Buttercup on August 1, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Thats only in the movies.

sharrukin on August 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM