Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on August 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Ted Cruz’s stunning 14-percentage-point victory over Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst in Tuesday’s runoff for the Texas Republican Senate nomination gives the tea party explosive momentum heading into the remaining primaries nationwide and the November general elections…

“Anyone who wanted to question whether the tea party concept and ideals played out in 2010, I think you can argue they just got started in 2010,” said Chris Chocola, president of the Club for Growth, a fiscally conservative, free-market group. “And 2012 is a clear indication the tea party is alive and well and growing.”

***

Cruz received critical endorsements and millions of dollars’ worth of contributions and other forms of support from the likes of Gov. Palin, who campaigned for him; Tea Party hero and fundraising powerhouse Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C.; the D.C.-based Tea Party group FreedomWorks, which is led by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey; the anti-tax, pro-free market group Club for Growth, whose top executive is former Rep. Chris Chocola, R-Pa.; conservative columnist and ABC News commentator George F. Will; and National Review, the venerated magazine founded by the late William F. Buckley, Jr.

Ted Cruz, in short, was an establishment candidate in his own right.

“It is time to think differently about the Tea Party,” said Darrell West, a political scientist at the Brookings Institution. “In the early days, the Tea Party was basically a grassroots movement, didn’t have a lot of prominent people behind them, didn’t have a lot of money. But now they have big money. They can bring outside resources into a state election, and prove to be very decisive. So they are getting institutionalized as a movement: They have major political figures who are behind them; they have money that is behind them. So they have emerged as a different type of ‘establishment’ organization.

***

Cruz undoubtedly embraced the tea party movement, which rightly deserves a hearty share of the credit for his feat.

But Robert George, who taught Cruz constitutional law during Cruz’s undergraduate work at Princeton, said he would caution against simply branding him a pot-stirrer.

George sees Cruz more likely molding himself into a gray beard of sorts who sets out to accomplish big policy goals and is the point man on constitutional questions…

“Folks would say the tea party is rough about the edges. You can’t say that about Ted. He’s incredibly committed to the cause, but he’s smooth, polished and very articulate,” Elliott said. “It’s clear they’ve already identified him as someone who is going to join the leadership core in the U.S. Senate, perhaps for the next 20 or 30 years.”

***

Original Tea Partiers, who remember the days mass rallies and colonial outfits, say they don’t miss that chaotic moment. The newer, more efficient movement fits their needs.

“I don’t look at it as institutionalization, I look at it as getting the job done,” said Amy Kremer of Tea Party Express. “All that matters is that Ted Cruz is victorious. All that matters in November is that we take the White House and the Senate.”…

For a movement that has prided itself for the three years of its lifespan on being anti-establishment, the Tea Party — thanks to the slick abilities and organization of groups like FreedomWorks — is becoming its own establishment, kind of a counter-establishment on the right.

“It’s all about the credibility too – because we take on the party, that gives us this credibility,” Brendan Steinhauser said, adding that “We’re not afraid to bloody up their noses.”

***

“These guys [newly elected Tea Party candidates]” are going to force Romney to the right,” said Andrea Shell, a spokeswoman for Tea Party group Freedom Works. “That is our entire mission.”…

“If we can elect a really conservative House and Senate that will force Romney to go along with our bold conservative agenda,” Shell said. “He’s going to have to really, really go to the right. He’ll be working with guys in the House and Senate. He won’t be able to get away with too many middle of the road policies, especially on things like the deficit.”…

“It’s not going to be a Romney driven presidency,” Norman Orenstein, a researcher at the conservative think tank AEI recently told ABC News. “It’s going to be a Congressional, conservative, Republican driven presidency from Congress.”

***

DeMint argues the more tea party movement-backed senators, the less gridlock.

“(When) Ted Cruz comes in … I think he can help empower some of the Democrats to make those hard decisions,” DeMint told CNN.

The South Carolina lawmaker believes the more staunch conservatives in the Senate, the more Democrats will be forced to compromise and come the GOP’s way.

“I think there are enough Democrats, if we have a strong mandate election, who will work with people like Ted Cruz and (Sen.) Marco Rubio and (Sen.) Pat Toomey and these senators here, in a sensible way to change the course of our country,” said DeMint. “The good news is this: because the rest of the world is in such bad shape, if we make a few hard decisions about fixing our tax code, fixing our entitlements so that we’re on a sustainable course, America could be the best place to do business overnight.”

***

Some are already sensing a shift in the attitude of the Senate leadership.

“I notice that Mitch McConnell is speaking at a Tea Party rally soon,” Mr. Mourdock said in an interview on Wednesday. Mr. Mourdock campaigned with Mr. Cruz, who told him, he said, that he had taken his inspiration from Mr. Mourdock’s insurgent campaign in Indiana.

“Just the fact that the Republican leadership is willing to reach out to those folks is important,” Mr. Mourdock said. “If that kind of coalition comes together, on Day 1 it will be if not a literal majority a real large majority, and I think on Day 1 we will jump right into the frying pan.”

***

A final point here: One of the most underreported stories of this presidential election is how the Republican brand is in FAR WORSE shape than the Democratic brand. In our most recent NBC/WSJ poll, the GOP’s fav/unfav was 34%-43% vs. the Democrats’ 40%-40%. Indeed, the GOP has had a worse fav/unfav than the Democrats in every single NBC/WSJ poll (that’s 14 of them!!!) since Jan. 2011, after Republicans won control of the House. So as the Tea Party/grassroots/anti-establishment conservative wing of the GOP has become MORE powerful, the GOP’s overall brand image has gone down, especially with indies. It is hard not to believe these two facts aren’t connected. And this raises the question: Will this be a drag on Romney? Or here’s another way to put it: How can this not be a drag on him? Help us out with this riddle: When was the last time a presidential candidate won when their party was viewed MORE unfavorably than the other side?

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Good Night angrymike, Sleep Well Brother.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Scrumpy must be reading. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

B
Bawaahaahaaa, are you a dancer, wow you almost stuck you foot in it this time………g-night….

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I was hoping that’s what you meant… but since you’ve always been a gentleman poolside I assumed it anyway, and answered above.

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Enjoy the shadows of your little black cloud. I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet.

AZfederalist on August 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM

THIS ^^^^ + 1000 !!!

I love the point about the Founders.

Look, no one is happy with the RINOs in COngress or our nominee. What are we supposed to do, just say screw it and give up???

If the naysayers spent half as much time actually trying to push for conservative candidates and defeating obama as they do
b!tching about Romney then we’d be all set!

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Exactly, I am not giving up so easily. My forefathers arrived in this great nation before it was a great nation, they fought and shed their blood to make it the great nation that it is, that it will again be. I’m not surrendering what they sacrificed so much for with putting up a fight.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Jammin!

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Be careful or you might vote for Gary Johnson!!..:)

PS..Nice tune!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Good night, Mike.. and that will be enough of that! :)

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

wow… that’s some intense studio work.

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Their critics say they are over-processed. But … they are kind of at the top of their particular hill — it’s how it’s done. :) IMO, etc. And that song’s strange, because that machine appears somewhere in the middle, and in the end, all that’s left is the machine, and it isn’t friendly. You are acclimatised and don’t even know you are on a conveyor belt. Anyway, interesting. If you are into it.

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Night Mike!

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:08 AM

PS..Nice tune!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Hee! It was the “shark attack” stuff earlier in the thread. :) I wondered if you’d see that.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

1. Yes is was political theater, but they will have to do it for real, there is too much public pressure and Tea Party pressure.

They will play Kabuki theater again and try to get it passed and you will see them in the great showdown with the Democrats. There will be stories of the steely glint in their eyes as they face off with those dastardly Democrats. Sadly our heroes will be forced by the villains to come to a compromise where they ultimately are able to eliminate some of the differences, repeal the bad and keep the good parts of Obamacare.

There could even be tears…actually with Boehner being involved that’s almost a certainty. Between sobs, Boehner will explain that they really, really tried, but they couldn’t get it through. One, two, or however many Republicans are needed will jump ship to vote with the Democrats. I am sure we could all come up with a list of the likeliest GOP candidates for that job.

2. Again, I don’t like these guys either, but what’s your alternative? Bury your head in the sand and allow Obama, Reid, and Pelosi to decide our fate??

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM

These GOP guys won’t stand up to the Democratic machine. Its like being stuck on a desert island and me telling you that the paper wings you built aren’t going to get us off the island. You can yell that I don’t have an alternative to the paper wings, but that doesn’t change the facts. The GOP weenies aren’t going to fight.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Could be better but I am NOT gonna complain! How are you?

I have had such a good laugh at so many of the comments here, someone up thread said, “we don’t need the comedy channel, when there is QOTD!”

I heartily agree…

I get here so late that all the good stuff on topic has been said, but yes, we have a fight on our hands…

Hope all works out in the long run, cuz it’s gonna take a long time, slowly but surely, a diffeence CAN be made!

I celebrate every small victory with aplomb!

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM

B

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Thanks for having my wing there big guy. Did you notice I corrected quickly. Huh?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Night Mike!!

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Be careful or you might vote for Gary Johnson!!..:)

PS..Nice tune!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Careful. You’ll wake them. Dire. -_- Leave them sleep. Please. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Very well said, indeed, Scrumpy! Me, too!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I am busted!! Lol…

Haven’t even had time to listen to the tunes tonite :-(

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

lolz..I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM

When the mood takes me. Why do you ask?

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM

The tunes have a romantic dance quality. I always wanted to learn formal dance. My Mom asked me a couple years back if I had any regrets in life, pertaining to the way she raised me. The only thing I could come up with was I wish she had forced me to take proper dance lessons. She was quite a Dancer I’m told. During the WWII dance was very popular with her crowd. Big band type. I enjoy seeing it done correctly. A little late now.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

lolz..I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I’ve about had my fill of that song and dance routine. LOL!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Peggy Lee & Goodman

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM

It’s never too late to learn Bmore! Go on give it a shot! You will enjoy it…

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Sorry you didn’t take it up sooner, B, its a great way to be close to someone… but its never too late to learn !:)

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Great minds think alike, Scrumpy!:)

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I enjoy seeing it done correctly. A little late now.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Bah… Dancing is for people busy making excuses for why they never learned to play an instrument… ;p

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

It’s never too late to learn Bmore! Go on give it a shot! You will enjoy it…

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I knew you were reading, I could tell. LOL! I don’t know. I think I waited a bit too long. Do you enjoy dancing Scrumpy?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

In The Mood

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:23 AM

It’s never too late to learn Bmore! Go on give it a shot!

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

lol

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Love the 40′s era, music clothes… My Aunt talked all the time about how great it was back then!

She had wonderful memories of that time…even saved clothes from then that I wore in the 70′s! Felt grand I did… :-)…

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:24 AM

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I have two close friends that can just tear it up on the floor. Its wonderful to watch them. They are so…….simpatico? ? ?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:24 AM

SWAY

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

*metal hands straight up*

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

In The Mood

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:23 AM

What about you Axe can you?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Easy for you to say. LOL! I’m tone deaf as heII. LOL! Two left feet to boot. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I love the point about the Founders.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted?

Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated…Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt…In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. – Patrick Henry

The founders also gave up on pointless political games.

I am not saying it has come to that, but I do recognize futility when I see it.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Maybe you should become an honorary member of Boner’s House b/c it looks like you aren’t going to fight either.

The Founding Fathers would be so proud of you and your ilk.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Oh yes I used too…

Learned ballroom more than the swing era… and latin dance…

Me poor ol’ bod can’t do it so much now tho…

I settle for foot tapping n shoulder shrugging n head bobbing now!! Lol

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Peggy Lee & Goodman

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM

One of my all time favs. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Oh, very nice, Axe! Love Glen Miller and that video is good, too!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

What about you sharrukin, you ever learn proper dance?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Too funny that! I can’t play a blessed thing! Oh wait… does a triangle count? ;-)

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Glenn Miller…. dreamy days… best Big Band sound around!!

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

While I genuinely appreciate the offer, The Peoples Republic of California is where I intend to make my stand. This is where my family is, and while we are primarily by choice peaceful law abiding tax paying citizens, if and when the SHTF, we are not the people you want to be phucking with.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM

And I thought I had it bad being stuck in New England–NH! This is the first state I’ve lived in that has a chance to go red though.

The last state I lived in was RI and I just heard today that Obama’s approval rating there is higher than even in Vermont!!

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM

What about you sharrukin, you ever learn proper dance?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I went to a sock hop once. Does that count?

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Me, too!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Don’t believe the polling data…

We just have to break through, I cannot stand to even think Obama will get another 4 years…

All I can do is vote n pray for the outcome we all want…

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Boy I missed that one!!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Oh yes I used too…

Learned ballroom more than the swing era… and latin dance…

Me poor ol’ bod can’t do it so much now tho…

I settle for foot tapping n shoulder shrugging n head bobbing now!! Lol

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Better to have then never to have. At least I think thats how the saying goes.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Dire, if memory serves, you’re not big on the whole formal dance thing. Correct?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I am not saying it has come to that, but I do recognize futility when I see it.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

It is very close to that, which is what makes it so very important to try now, because the alternative is to take up arms against our own countrymen. Believe me, I have no delusions of what taking up arms against our own countrymen means.

It will mean shooting it out with the local police, then with federal authorities. It will mean being branded as domestic terrorists and being accused by the federal government of treason. It will mean brutal violence and crushing poverty.

It will most likely mean livelink video’s of American military killing American’s in a manner similar to the war pron video’s we now see from Iraq and Afghanistan. It will mean, hell on earth here in America.

So yes, we need to try to achieve our goals by taking over the Republican Party and settling our differences at the ballot box while it can still be done.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Love this!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Having said all that about music, I am a classic rock fan… tho I like nearly all genres…

It’s been a swell nite…

God Bless you all!

God Bless America…

See you all late tomorrow nite!!

Take care now, til next time… :-)

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Ok, I’m about 60 seconds to beddy-by, but wanted to contribute SOMETHING !! (trust me, I’ll read every word in the AM.. hehe)

The LEFTIES just do NOT know what they’re up against !!
Let’s roll !!!
Can ya dig it ? :-)

pambi on August 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Boy I missed that one!!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM

O Yeah Man! That’s inside me too and I forgot about it.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Don’t believe the polling data…

All I can do is vote n pray for the outcome we all want…

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I know alot of the polls are manipulated with an oversampling of Dems and registered instead of likely voters.

However, I trust Rasmussen and even though Romney last I heard was up 47-44, it’s still way to close, much closer than it should be. Especially in swing states like OH (obama up 6, FLA (romney up only 1), VA, NC, WI, In, and CO.

HOnestly I don’t think we can we without taking both OH and FLA. We all need to donate, make phone calls, knock on doors, write letters to the editor… etc.

The time is now!

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Goodnight, Scrumpy! See you soon.

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Take care now, til next time… :-)

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Night Scrumpy!

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Beautiful serene and a lovely tune to close the nite out on… so romantic! Thanks thatsafactjack… applause!!…

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Have any of you ever stumbled upon this youtube channel? I did one evening. I really enjoy some of it. Well most of it actually.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:42 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Yes it is!!

Good nite everyone…

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Good Night Scrumpy, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM

California is not as blue as the Fifth Column Treasonous Media and the Marxist Democrats want you to believe. They have gerrymandered the living heII out of the state, but it’s really only the 30 or so miles right next to the coast that are blue. The rest of the State is pretty Red. The GOP here is basically run by Democrats so probably half of the States conservatives register as independents rather than as Republicans.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Robert Plant.. the tall cool one!:)

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Its nice to hear that because too often I hear people talk as if it will be easy and the leftists will just run away, we have all the guns, etc. It will be just as you said and we should do everything we can to avoid it.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Fully agree with this and the Tea Party and conservatives in general need to oust the Rino’s who are making the progressive domination of politics possible. This isn’t just a Democratic problem. Its the GOP as well. We desperately need the GOP to be a real conservative alternative to the leftist agenda or it will leave no political avenue open for the majority.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Good Night pambi, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:45 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I don’t think Civil War will happen but I do think we’re finished being that “shining city on a hill” if Obama is reelected.

We will be socialist ruin with crippling debt and massive lost of individual freedom – and once it’s lost it’s gone.

But yes we agree that we need to do everything we can to win this November. That’s why I don’t understand shakkurin, unseen, and the others. They’re good people and love Palin like I do but the answer is not to give up.

Elect Romney and fight with him instead of having the Marxist obama dictate to us!

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Scrumpy on August 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Its my pleasure, Scrumpy! And.. its ‘Jackie’ to my friends! Sweet dreams!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I think Cherly Burke and Kim Johnson on Dancing with the Stars are hot!..Does that qualify??..:):)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

What about you Axe can you?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I can make out while music is playing. :) I suppose I could box step. I have a fake jitterbug + facial expression that can bring the house down. Other than that … er, nope. :)

Took lessons for a couple of weeks when I was a little kid, but that was just because the instructor was an older hottie high-school chick trying to make walking around money. Her hair was brown, and the tights were coral and burgandy … don’t remember anything else. :)

I can sway.

I do some serious computer dancing. But that’s different. I mean, it’s my computer. We’re special.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Goodnight, Pambi! Sleep well!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

LOL! As they say, Close enough at half the cost. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM

This one is cool also..imho..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Can ya dig it ? :-)

pambi on August 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Night pambi! :)

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Elect Romney and fight with him on his behalf instead of having the Marxist obama dictate to us!

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Mr. Beach footwear hasn’t shown much capacity for your version….

Gohawgs on August 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM

You’re right! We’ve made some great inroads but it doesn’t happen overnight. The Tea Party took off just 2 years ago. Look at the big wins we had in the mid terms and some of the conservatives we have in Demint, Bachmann, Gohmart, Ron Johnson, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz…etc.

We need to keep fighting for candidates like that at all levels. That’s why I wanted Palin but she didn’t run. Then I supported Cain, then Bachmann, then Santorum. The last person I wanted to get the nomination was Romney — but he’s much better than Obama!

The influence of these candidates will continue to grow. I believe many of them are the real deal. They will resist the pressive from the GOPe to cave. They will take over leadership positions. They will also have a positive influence on Congress and President Romney.

Look even Rand Paul has endorsed Romney. Rand realizes that it’s much better to have someone you can work with than a Marxist who despises you and only wants to transform us into a socialist wasteland.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Electing Romney gives us time, that all it does. It give us time we will not have under Obama. Time for the Tea Party to take over the GOP, to kick out the Progressive Marxist’s masquerading as Republicans. To take back control of our country from sick and twisted traitors who are trying to transform America into a Marxist Utopia.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Cherly

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Don’t call her —

Gohawgs on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

You should consider taking it up, Axe.

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Bad as me I see. We used to go out to the Knights of Columbus down in ATL. Thursdays they had Zydeco night. Live bands, great food and lots of dancing. I tried my best. They would switch you off to some young filly and I couldn’t dance, I felt a fool, but it was a blast. The girls were always sweet to me. They could really dance. Used to get Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys in there once a month. Loved those guys. Great sound. Give em a tumble when you have a chance.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

That’s good to hear. I have a close friend who moved to Englewood (spelling?) I believe a few years ago. He wanted me to move out there but I always thought of CA as a great place to visit but not to live.

Skyhigh housing prices and cost of living right? Plus I know it’s on the verge of bankruptcy.

Gerrymandering is a major problem that most don’t even know about. It’s why Barney Frank and Ted Kennedy got reelected all the time too.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Drive

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Don’t call her —

Gohawgs on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Saw cane_loader was on a thread earlier. Dude you were making me laugh last night, thanks! ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

EXCELLENT. Sorry I was long to respond… couldn’t tear my eyes off of the video… :)

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Love this!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

See thats what I would love to dance to. It would just be great. Slow enough that even I might manage.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Pretty much sums it up.

I really disliked Romney during the primary. I want to like the guy now. He’s done some things I like such as camping out in front of Solyndra, talking about eliminating wind subsidies, talking about charter schools, and dropping the corporate income tax to 25%.

I think the corporate income tax to 25% would be a big step. When’s the last time something that major happened, I mean a move like that to actually cut something happened?

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I know this is a little different…but have you ever heard THIS ?

These guys were in the film “SCORCHERS”. They played, I think 3 tunes in the film. Its a good film. by the way, too.

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 3:01 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Yea, it’s spelled Inglewood, at one time it was practically the California definition of suburbia. A truly frightening place to this redneck…

View Larger Map

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Cheryl

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Don’t call her —

Gohawgs on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Thanks..Sorry..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Cowboy Mouth — Jenny Says

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Well enough dancing for one evening.

Good Night All. KWR sending love your way. xo

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

That was with Obama in the WH.

What do you think will happen when we have Romney who is further to the left of Bush. Look at 2006 and consider what happened.

Bush poisoned the conservative well and Romney will do worse.

Better is not the same thing as sufficient to do the job.

How will they continue to grow when people see Romney and Boehner as the face of the GOP and blame the entire crew for their behavior?

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 2:51 AM

If I thought Romney would fight then I would agree with you. I simply don’t believe it.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

In case people haven’t yet seen this. It’s beautiful (you have to watch the whole thing). For me, it perfectly summarizes this whole Chik-fil-A thing.

The guy bravely stands up to this young girl then, when he gets massive negative feedback on YouTube (something like 20 likes and 1009 dislikes and tons of negative comments), he bravely deletes it.

Treacher was nice enough to repost it for him.

29Victor on August 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I agree!..The guitar is awesome..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM

The best kind to dance. Close.

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Later Friend!..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Saw cane_loader was on a thread earlier…

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:56 AM

He HAD his chance!!!

Gohawgs on August 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Cowboy Mouth — Jenny Says

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Good one. Good night Jackie, thanks for the tunes. Dance lessons sometime pool side? LOL!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Goodnight, B. Sleep well. See you soon!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM

My pleasure, B!

thatsafactjack on August 2, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Night Be More!

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Have no idea what the hell I quoted there. Night, anyway. :)

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 3:08 AM