Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on August 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Ted Cruz’s stunning 14-percentage-point victory over Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst in Tuesday’s runoff for the Texas Republican Senate nomination gives the tea party explosive momentum heading into the remaining primaries nationwide and the November general elections…

“Anyone who wanted to question whether the tea party concept and ideals played out in 2010, I think you can argue they just got started in 2010,” said Chris Chocola, president of the Club for Growth, a fiscally conservative, free-market group. “And 2012 is a clear indication the tea party is alive and well and growing.”

***

Cruz received critical endorsements and millions of dollars’ worth of contributions and other forms of support from the likes of Gov. Palin, who campaigned for him; Tea Party hero and fundraising powerhouse Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C.; the D.C.-based Tea Party group FreedomWorks, which is led by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey; the anti-tax, pro-free market group Club for Growth, whose top executive is former Rep. Chris Chocola, R-Pa.; conservative columnist and ABC News commentator George F. Will; and National Review, the venerated magazine founded by the late William F. Buckley, Jr.

Ted Cruz, in short, was an establishment candidate in his own right.

“It is time to think differently about the Tea Party,” said Darrell West, a political scientist at the Brookings Institution. “In the early days, the Tea Party was basically a grassroots movement, didn’t have a lot of prominent people behind them, didn’t have a lot of money. But now they have big money. They can bring outside resources into a state election, and prove to be very decisive. So they are getting institutionalized as a movement: They have major political figures who are behind them; they have money that is behind them. So they have emerged as a different type of ‘establishment’ organization.

***

Cruz undoubtedly embraced the tea party movement, which rightly deserves a hearty share of the credit for his feat.

But Robert George, who taught Cruz constitutional law during Cruz’s undergraduate work at Princeton, said he would caution against simply branding him a pot-stirrer.

George sees Cruz more likely molding himself into a gray beard of sorts who sets out to accomplish big policy goals and is the point man on constitutional questions…

“Folks would say the tea party is rough about the edges. You can’t say that about Ted. He’s incredibly committed to the cause, but he’s smooth, polished and very articulate,” Elliott said. “It’s clear they’ve already identified him as someone who is going to join the leadership core in the U.S. Senate, perhaps for the next 20 or 30 years.”

***

Original Tea Partiers, who remember the days mass rallies and colonial outfits, say they don’t miss that chaotic moment. The newer, more efficient movement fits their needs.

“I don’t look at it as institutionalization, I look at it as getting the job done,” said Amy Kremer of Tea Party Express. “All that matters is that Ted Cruz is victorious. All that matters in November is that we take the White House and the Senate.”…

For a movement that has prided itself for the three years of its lifespan on being anti-establishment, the Tea Party — thanks to the slick abilities and organization of groups like FreedomWorks — is becoming its own establishment, kind of a counter-establishment on the right.

“It’s all about the credibility too – because we take on the party, that gives us this credibility,” Brendan Steinhauser said, adding that “We’re not afraid to bloody up their noses.”

***

“These guys [newly elected Tea Party candidates]” are going to force Romney to the right,” said Andrea Shell, a spokeswoman for Tea Party group Freedom Works. “That is our entire mission.”…

“If we can elect a really conservative House and Senate that will force Romney to go along with our bold conservative agenda,” Shell said. “He’s going to have to really, really go to the right. He’ll be working with guys in the House and Senate. He won’t be able to get away with too many middle of the road policies, especially on things like the deficit.”…

“It’s not going to be a Romney driven presidency,” Norman Orenstein, a researcher at the conservative think tank AEI recently told ABC News. “It’s going to be a Congressional, conservative, Republican driven presidency from Congress.”

***

DeMint argues the more tea party movement-backed senators, the less gridlock.

“(When) Ted Cruz comes in … I think he can help empower some of the Democrats to make those hard decisions,” DeMint told CNN.

The South Carolina lawmaker believes the more staunch conservatives in the Senate, the more Democrats will be forced to compromise and come the GOP’s way.

“I think there are enough Democrats, if we have a strong mandate election, who will work with people like Ted Cruz and (Sen.) Marco Rubio and (Sen.) Pat Toomey and these senators here, in a sensible way to change the course of our country,” said DeMint. “The good news is this: because the rest of the world is in such bad shape, if we make a few hard decisions about fixing our tax code, fixing our entitlements so that we’re on a sustainable course, America could be the best place to do business overnight.”

***

Some are already sensing a shift in the attitude of the Senate leadership.

“I notice that Mitch McConnell is speaking at a Tea Party rally soon,” Mr. Mourdock said in an interview on Wednesday. Mr. Mourdock campaigned with Mr. Cruz, who told him, he said, that he had taken his inspiration from Mr. Mourdock’s insurgent campaign in Indiana.

“Just the fact that the Republican leadership is willing to reach out to those folks is important,” Mr. Mourdock said. “If that kind of coalition comes together, on Day 1 it will be if not a literal majority a real large majority, and I think on Day 1 we will jump right into the frying pan.”

***

A final point here: One of the most underreported stories of this presidential election is how the Republican brand is in FAR WORSE shape than the Democratic brand. In our most recent NBC/WSJ poll, the GOP’s fav/unfav was 34%-43% vs. the Democrats’ 40%-40%. Indeed, the GOP has had a worse fav/unfav than the Democrats in every single NBC/WSJ poll (that’s 14 of them!!!) since Jan. 2011, after Republicans won control of the House. So as the Tea Party/grassroots/anti-establishment conservative wing of the GOP has become MORE powerful, the GOP’s overall brand image has gone down, especially with indies. It is hard not to believe these two facts aren’t connected. And this raises the question: Will this be a drag on Romney? Or here’s another way to put it: How can this not be a drag on him? Help us out with this riddle: When was the last time a presidential candidate won when their party was viewed MORE unfavorably than the other side?

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bazil9
Ya I just got a phone number for my best friend growing up, gonna call this weekend………;-)

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Anyone recognize this sumbeech in the vid ?

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I watched about 15 seconds of that before I had to turn it off. What a smug SOB.

gophergirl on August 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Excellent choices, Sir. I shall pop off and kill the shark myself this instant. I’ve only one remaining hand, but what of that? I live to serve Sir and Madam, and two hands is sacrifice unprizable.

Perhaps Madam will find my other hand as some small part of her Kabob! But — I’m unworthy to be eaten by Madam.

I’ll return shortly.

Axe on August 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Funny, you’re just how I imagined you…. Hi, Axe!

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Night Canopfor

Night jimbob
Night johnboy
nite daddy
night Elizabeth—-don’t go to sleep yet

Has Minnesturds head exploded yet………..;-D

angrymike on August 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

She was getting better and even posting a song here and there. Mayne it’s that—you know.

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Dire Straits on August 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM

OMG. You people are killing me. Crack me up. Bwaaahh.

*tries to catch breath*

Good one Dire. (:

Poppa would do whatever he could

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

What an absolutely lovely young lady. She will do well in life. I promise. Rachael right? You don’t happen to know wher that location was do you?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Schadenfreude on August 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Hey political elite ruling class…

Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration

Seven Percent Solution on August 1, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Thanks for that; for some reason, that song gives me hope for our country and has done so ever since seeing that video for the first time when it came out.

AZfederalist on August 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM

So are Mark Levin, Rush, Beck, and Palin all stupid? Have they all sold out?

LevinFan on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

No, they just have a different opinion.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Arnold
She made one of her snappy comments on page one, I figured I’d return the favor ……;-)

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Axe on August 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Funny, you’re just how I imagined you…. Hi, Axe!

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hehe. Axe is way funny. So are you. Man everyone is white hot with their shtick tonight. Who needs the comedy channel when you got QOTD?

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I usually ignore the Crusty Croissant, but once in a while…
Fallon on August 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I thought you changed the subject after I responded to this:

I can honestly say, I have not kept one of your posts, not one. You mean that little to me. I guess I should feel flattered that you keep mine but it’s kinda creepy, too.

Buy Danish on August 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

No. Zimmerman is a white Hispanic.

AllahsNippleHair on August 1, 2012 at 11:39 PM

*spits out drink*

I ponder..am I a white Hispanic? I am so confused.

bazil9 on August 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM

NYT needs to put out a flow chart.

AllahsNippleHair on August 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Schadenfreude on August 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Oh that’s priceless. We are WINNING. Believe it.

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Did you catch that interview Dustin? This is the woman you branded as too dumb to be a political leader in the mainstream.

koaiko on August 2, 2012 at 12:10 AM

hee…I had a good day and talked to an old friend. Life is good.

bazil9 on August 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Obama to EO a “Life is Good” tax in 3…2…

SWalker on August 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Don’t kill my buzz Walker.

bazil9 on August 2, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I ponder..am I a white Hispanic? I am so confused.

bazil9 on August 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Well, have you defended yourself against any African-American would be, rapists, armed robbers or attempted murderers???

SWalker on August 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM

… and are you conservative?

If all of the above apply, you might be a white hispanic. ;-)

AZfederalist on August 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Does that ‘intelligent’ bastard know what the 1st Amendment is? It’s not about teh gays, it’s about free speech. He exercised his and ironically is clueless about all the others’.

Schadenfreude on August 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM

So, today was the very first time I went to Chick-Fil-A, in support of the 1st Amendment. Period.

Schadenfreude on August 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Arnold
I just noticed the,”don’t go to sleep yet”…………lmao…..You dirty dog………lol

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Cozmo
Howdy……
well gotta go I’ll be back around 11:30…………..;-)

angrymike on August 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Great! So we can do the banal greetings all over again.

minnesoter on August 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You mean this one?
Sounds like someone put itching powder in her depends.

AllahsNippleHair on August 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Hate filled little creep lecturing others on how they gotta stop being haters?

Does no one on the left own mirrors?

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I saw the comment, was kind of surprised thought she had come around. Maybe she needs some love, liquor or chained up again.

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on August 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

*clink*

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

What a smart young lady, the definition of poise under fire. The jerk, well, if I had been serving him, it would’ve been the last time he went through drive through. Or anything else.

TXUS on August 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I love you, couldn’t help me self. lol

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

As I’ve stated from 2010-2011, we haven’t yet begun to fight. Well, now between Cruz and Chick-fil-A, I think we have begun. November will be the end of the beginning!

Christian Conservative on August 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

No, they just have a different opinion.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM

THIS IS THE ANSWER:

And you can influece the establishment, as seen below:

Some are already sensing a shift in the attitude of the Senate leadership.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Schadenfreude
I went to Chick-fil-a to support my love of good food, oh ya and that other thing to……lol

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I can’t wait for Friday. Post the videos for all to see the hate-filled rants of the radical left.

faraway on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Buy Danish on August 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Buy Danish, can I ask you a question without you getting mad at me?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

SparkPlug on August 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM
right now I’m helping Spawn. He’s been offered a transfer to a different department(and a raise) and I’m helping him changes his preferences in the computer.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Hate filled little creep lecturing others on how they gotta stop being haters?

Does no one on the left own mirrors?

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

And he’s “totally heterosexual,” too. Never mind that little tell-tale inflection in the voice, he’s definitely not a homosexual.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Funny, you’re just how I imagined you [...]

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Heh. Shark ate it, swab!

Too cool. :)

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

who cares? if the congress goes GOP it really doesn’t matter much who the POTUs is. If that gop Congress has the balls to stand up to Obama.

unseen on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

We need to shift Mitch McConnel the hell out of leadership. Boehner as well.

AllahsNippleHair on August 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Ditto that!

tencole on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Crap bad formatting, sorry Buy Danish .

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Arnold
She was kinda hot………When she got OLDER………..No more redheads for me though……never!

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Idiot.

The Tea Party is neither right nor left.

When did balancing the budget become ‘right wing’?

faraway on August 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hes back..

Thanks to new drawn CD districts..welcome the M Effer back.

bazil9 on August 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Buy Danish, can I ask you a question without you getting mad at me?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

No and hell no :)

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM

lolz..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Good grief.

I asked for a swing state where Romney was doing well, and somebody posts a poll of Arizona, LOL!!!! If Romney isn’t up double digits there and AZ isn’t locked up, then he’s going to be trounced McCain style.

BTW, that horrible Nevada poll for Romney wasn’t the Quinnipiac/CBS poll, it’s everyone’s favorite Rasmussen!!!!! So no whining about unfair sampling/registered voters, etc. Mitt can’t even be competitive in a highly Mormon state.

gumbyandpokey on August 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM

We need to shift Mitch McConnel the hell out of leadership. Boehner as well.

AllahsNippleHair on August 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Ditto that!

tencole on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I’d like to , what comes after ditto? Double ditto that?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Christian Conservative on August 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Indeed, it is entirely possible that America’s legendary silent majority has awoken from it’s long slumber, and quite frankly is pissed off at both being woken up, and what it has found upon waking. The biting insects on the ass of America’s silent majority are about to get the shock of their lives.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Yeah, I didn’t really believe that either. Not sure exactly what it is in the voice, but you can often tell.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

No and hell no :)

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM

LOL! It was the bad formatting wasn’t it?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

B
so how are you doing…….better?

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Here’s the same d!ck harrasing a Christian raising money for needy families.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM

gumbyandpokey, may I ask who you like in this falls Presidential election?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Or what?

Its great to bluster on about what Romney must do but there has to be an answer to the question…or what?

They couldn’t hold Boehner to account for a measly 100$ billion dollar promise in 2010. Why do you think its credible that they will hold the president accountable?

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

unseen on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

That gop congress will have a much more difficult time standing up to Mitt then they’d EVER have standing up to Obama.

It’s easy standing up to a marxist that’s trying to destroy our country…..standing up to a Republican who’s part of the establishment is a totally different ball of wax.
Holding Mitt’s feet to the fire that so many conservatives think they can do, is going to be very,very difficult…..especially with the gope, the Bushes and Rove hanging onto his ankles.

Just ask Mark Levin……we can’t even hold Mitt’s feet now, let alone after the election.

tencole on August 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

B
so how are you doing…….better?

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM

angrymike! How ya doing brother? I’m getting along. A little slower, hopefully none the worse for wear. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

SWalker@12:20
lets hope so friend, lets hope so. Its been a long time coming……….

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Gave it 45 seconds. I didn’t want to endure the discomfort longer than that.

gophergirl on August 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM

‘Zactly.

Besides, it wasn’t for us — it was for him and his peeps. Making his bones.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM

The sad thing is Buy Danish and minnesoter are both very conservative, well spoken. I just think they are a little too tightly wound—-ok, way too much.

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

B
maybe you should retire them water ski’s………yes?

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Bazil9

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I almost missed this-
Awesome Mike..the effort is worth it. You may pick up like it was yesterday. Let us know..and a waiting the gold pics.

bazil9 on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

ROTFLMAO… Yea, that dude is about as totally straight as Barney Franks is.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Buy Danish, can I ask you a question without you getting mad at me?

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

No and hell no :)

arnold ziffel on August 2, 2012 at 12:18 AM

That widdle piggy tells the troof.

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

unseen on August 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

We know that a Boner led Congress has no balls. They will do nothing as Obama goes even further out of control only enforcing laws he feels like and bypassing congress all together to do whatever he feels like.

Plus if obama is reelected and based on you best-case gridlock scenario, what if the public is really fed up with the GOP house for not getting anything done. You saw the polls AP linked to. Then that means there’s a good chance the GOP loses the House and/or Senate to the Dems in 2014. Then what happens to our country???

The answer is to elect as many conservatives as possible like Cruz, Mourdock, Lee, ROn Johnson, Rand Paul…etc and have them use their considerable influence to push the COngress and Romney. Remember when Bush was pushing for amnesty and the grassroots shut him down on it? Just imagine the momentum we’ll have now with the much more powerful Tea Party to influence the Romney administration.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Anyone recognize this sumbeech in the vid ?

burrata on August 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

gophergirl
on August 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM

How do we find this video on the regular Youtube site ?

I didn’t see enough clues on the Rightscoop site.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Here’s the same d!ck harrasing a Christian raising money for needy families.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:22 AM

He wasn’t a very loving or happy individual by the look of the vid. The young lady was just lovely however. I’m hopeful burrata will come back and let me know which store that was.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

SWalker@12:20
lets hope so friend, lets hope so. Its been a long time coming……….

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I do not hope, I pray, and I pray because the alternative seems inevitably to be a full on bloody civil war.

SWalker on August 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Good grief.

That would have been me…and my point is: you’re still trying to gauge the outcome of the election from polls 3 months before the actual election.

Show me a poll from Oct 1 to the actual election and then we’ll see…and even then, the most important poll is going to be on day after.

gumbyandpokey on August 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Shrug. What whining? Every poll has some aspect of correctness, but that doesn’t mean you can get *everything* from it.

I’m puzzled by your aching to it, unless you want to use it to browbeat the crowd into either not voting for Romney or not voting at all.

BlaxPac on August 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM

The creep seems to choose his victims in/around the Tuscon area.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

tencole on August 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

YOu’re missing the point with that Levin piece.

The GOP House has proven that it can’t and won’t stand to Obama. That’s major problem.

Plus given how bad the Boner House is, what if we lose the House/Senate in 2014? Then what happens if obama is in office??

The answer is to keep electing conservatives. Their influence will continue to grow and they will get more leadership positions. They will get Romney to sign some conservative bills and make some cuts.

And if we keep the House, take the Senate, and ROmney wins… then obamacare will be repealed.

What’s the alternative? Let obama get reelected and have no shot at all? That makes ZERO sense!

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

SWalker
you are absolutely right, ppl have been getting ready for quite some time, lets pray it averted ……..

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

B
maybe you should retire them water ski’s………yes?

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Funny you should mention that. My fav ski is within my view of sight. I will miss those animal boots. I will certainly miss that edge. Oh well better have had done than not at all.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

How do we find this video on the regular Youtube site ?

I didn’t see enough clues on the Rightscoop site.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

The little youtube button that appears when you start the video.

Or here

It was pretty disgusting.

He is catching heck in the comments there too.

The girl handled herself well and ought to be rewarded.

cozmo on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

SparkPlug on August 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Kewl. I hope it all works out for ya. Cha Ching.

BTW, on the form, where is says ‘Sex’, just put ‘NO’. He is too young. hehe.

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

How do we find this video on the regular Youtube site ?

I didn’t see enough clues on the Rightscoop site.

listens2glenn on August 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Here’s his page.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

The creep seems to choose his victims in/around the Tuscon area.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Tucson, thanks Cyndy.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Blaxpac
Long time bud, hows things??????……;-)

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Uh oh, what did you do?

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

That’s if the establishment guard doesn’t try to “co-opt” them and make them their allies like they’re already doing.

tencole on August 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Here’s his page.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Thanks double. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Good grief.

gumbyandpokey on August 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Yeah, yeah. 0bama’s totally got it in the bag. Your work here is done. C-ya.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

B
What you need is a hotrod on them country roads, its a blast, I think its better then skiing, and I’ve done both……;-)

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Feel free to ‘report’ the guy.

faraway on August 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Uh oh, what did you do?

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Nothing bad. ; ) just a wee bit more play than an old man should do. You know I love play. Lol!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Allahpudit and I missed that one big time!..I was thinking in the 4 to 5 range!..:)

Dire Straits on August 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Hey, Bmore, congratulations on that big TEA (taxed enough already) victory against the 1% sales tax increase in GA. 10 year effort from the left blown into the wind. Well done!

———–
It’s very schadenfreudig to see the McConnell brand die.

Schadenfreude on August 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM

tencole on August 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

YOu’re missing the point with that Levin piece.

That was Romney telling the GOP to fall in line with Obama.

Romney had told Republicans to vote for it, so they did.

The GOP house AND ROMNEY have proven they won’t stand up to leftists.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Romney and his advisors have made it clear that a repeal isn’t going to happen. Romney said in 2010 that he was going to tweak Obamacare, not repeal. Boehner isn’t going to suddenly develop a backbone and force Romney to do anything.

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

angrymike on August 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Lol!

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Awwww….you’re not that old! My husband is 51!

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM

1. Pain heals.

2. Chicks dig scars.

3. Glory lasts forever.

– “Ted” Theodore Logan

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

A super romantic song for my B9.

SUPERTRAMP (DOWNSTREAM)

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

listens2glenn on August 2, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Here’s his page.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Don’t click those. Unless you are doing research. I already surfed through there a while ago, and it’s damned depressing.

There’s something soul-sucking listening to people say insane, horrible, irrational things with complete confidence.

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

That was Romney telling the GOP to fall in line with Obama.

Romney had told Republicans to vote for it, so they did.

The GOP house AND ROMNEY have proven they won’t stand up to leftists.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Your answer is apparently to give up and let the leftists and GOPe win.

Mine is to continue to fight.

I noticed you didn’t answer my question:

What happens if Obama is in office and we lose the house/senate in 2014??

Also Romney has campaigned on repealing obamacare. He’s said on his first day he issues an EO to give all 50 states waivers.

So is he going to backtrack on his biggest promise?? It’d be political suicide.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Hey Stumpy, have you seen Scrumpy?

SparkPlug on August 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

This is the creep from the video. God, what a face.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

———–
It’s very schadenfreudig to see the McConnell brand die.

Schadenfreude on August 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I hope you enjoyed a peach shake with your sandwich today. I did.

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

One of the reasons Mark was so outraged was because it was Romney who had told them to vote for it.
“A George Bush republican congress redo” is what he called it.

“I really didn’t want to vote that way…..but Romney said”…..
“Cantor and McCarthy running around twisting arms” “give us a senate majority then we can stop stuff. what kind of stuff?…..I don’t know, we’ll wait for Romney to tell us.”

All in all, and especially with Boehner and McConnell at the helm, Mark is starting to figure out that holding Mitt’s feet to the fire, or trying to get him to lean more right…..will be very, very difficult.

tencole on August 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Here’s his page.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Comments are kinda fun to read.

a capella on August 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I’ve been enjoying the comments. This jerk made a slight miscalculation. I think he thought he was going to be a hero. Now thousands of people hate him.

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Awwww….you’re not that old! My husband is 51!

cynccook on August 2, 2012 at 12:40 AM

LOL! Couldn’t get that one by you could I. ; )

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Seems the culture at CFA is kinda old fashioned. All that courtesy, customer is always right, appreciation for the patronage, Blah blah blah! Animals….//

KCB on August 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

1. Pain heals. Yes it does.

2. Chicks dig scars. Yes? I didn’t not know that. You must be covered in scars and chicks. Yes?

3. Glory lasts forever. Which is not quite long enough with out my ski. ; )

– “Ted” Theodore Logan

Axe on August 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Bmore on August 2, 2012 at 12:50 AM

What happens if Obama is in office and we lose the house/senate in 2014??

Its more likely to happen with Romney in office. That is what happened with Bush. With Obama we had the 2010 victory.

So is he going to backtrack on his biggest promise?? It’d be political suicide.

LevinFan on August 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

That is exactly what he is going to do.

What he said…So some similarities, some differences, and I hope we’re ultimately able to eliminate some of the differences, repeal the bad and keep the good.

Now you want to believe he is NOT going to do what he said, but rather that he is going to repeal Obamacare which he also promised to do.

Both Romney’s can’t be right…clearly one of them is lying!

sharrukin on August 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM