Video: “Skyfall” trailer

posted at 6:41 pm on July 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. I’m not a big Bond fan and didn’t care for the teaser trailer, but honestly, this looks as solid as an action flick can get. Like Ace, I think Daniel Craig makes a fine 007: He’s got star power to spare and I like the brooding contrast with Connery’s easy charm. Hard to imagine SC in a plot like this, where Bond is (or appears to be) fighting British intelligence, but Craig seems perfect for it. He’s a nifty blend of hero and antihero.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Craig is a good Bond, but his portrayal is extremely dark. I still miss Brosnan, who’s still the all-time best Bond in my book. He had the perfect blend of amorality and charm to pull the character off. Shame about his last Bond movie being so PC.

mrsknightley on July 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

mrsknightley on July 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

OMG… Reading that Brosnan was the all-time best Bond makes me want to claw my eyes out.

No offense.

taternuggets on July 31, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Trailer looks good. Craig makes a great Bond.

novaculus on July 31, 2012 at 6:51 PM

@taternuggets – I figured someone would say that. I hated the Bond movies till he was in them. But I will say at least I don’t hate them with Craig.

mrsknightley on July 31, 2012 at 6:54 PM

The new Bond’s credibility died with me when he racked the slide of his Walther, stuffed in a mag, and holstered the gun under his tux. Not even a rookie cop screws up like that. The new Bond is a doofus.

AV8R on July 31, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I still miss Brosnan, who’s still the all-time best Bond in my book.

mrsknightley on July 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Sean Connery

Rod on July 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Too bad the Empire is now Land of the Prancing Nurses.

pedestrian on July 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM

taternuggets on July 31, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Broson was the politically correct bond. No sexual harrasment, role sexual reversals, sins of England, etc.

Oil Can on July 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I think Craig is the most “true to the character” from the Ian Flemming novels…a dark, daring, relentless, ruthless, calculating orphan, a professional killer with a chip on his shoulder and no emotional attachments to anyone. I can’t wait for Skyfall

Strike Hornet on July 31, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Puke. Just what the world needs, another boring action film! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

terryannonline on July 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Looks good. I just hope Mendes keeps it apolitical.

Kataklysmic on July 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM

AV8R on July 31, 2012 at 6:54 PM

He couldn’t have been checking the chamber before loading? Or chambering a round and administratively reloading?

Frankly, I thought Craig’s own stupidity has done worse to the character. Talking about wanting Bond to be bi, about how he’s terrified of guns, etc etc. They’re even going to have him drinking Heineken in this new flick.

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM

but Craig seems perfect for it. He’s a nifty blend of hero and antihero.

And a good actor. Watch some of his older stuff. You’ll be surprised. Or maybe not. ;)

kim roy on July 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I like the brooding contrast with Connery’s easy charm

Yeah, can’t beat an emo, angst-ridden superspy working through his feelings, I say.

whatcat on July 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

@mrsknightley I will say that Brosnan wasn’t the worst.

taternuggets on July 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

(grabs fistful of steaming salted popercorn dripping with coconut butter oil and shoves into agape mouth)

Munch… Munch… Munch…

(slirps *clinky*)

Munch… Munch… Munch…

Seven Percent Solution on July 31, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I’ve never liked Craig as Bond – he completely ignores the humor of the role, which Connery, Moore, and Brosnan all had. The funniest thing I’ve ever seen Craig do as Bond is the Queen’s Olympic parachuting skit.

Waggoner on July 31, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Exit question: worst Bond movie?

(..and actually, Lazenby in OHMSS wasn;t not half bad.)

The War Planner on July 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM

DRAT! “wasn;t not half bad” == “was not half bad”, of course!

The War Planner on July 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM

AV8R on July 31, 2012 at 6:54 PM

MadisonConservative on July 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Most of these movies you have to check your brain at the door anyways. That’s the fun part. Sometimes we need simple and silly escapism.

As for Craig, he hasn’t called me a racist yet so I’ll still pay to see him in it. But yeah, it’s almost to the point where it’s just as well not to listen or read anything about them as they kill their own mystique. There’s something to be said about the old Hollywood system where the bosses had everything, including images, under control.

kim roy on July 31, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Exit question: worst Bond movie?

(..and actually, Lazenby in OHMSS wasn;t not half bad.)

The War Planner on July 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM

License to Kill w/ Dalton (imho).

Kataklysmic on July 31, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Puke. Just what the world needs, another boring action film! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

terryannonline on July 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I hear “Hope Floats 2″ is coming out on the 17th of Who Gives a Damn.

Kataklysmic on July 31, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Exit question: worst Bond movie?

(..and actually, Lazenby in OHMSS wasn;t not half bad.)

The War Planner on July 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM
License to Kill w/ Dalton (imho).

Kataklysmic on July 31, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Does the first “Casino Royale” count as a Bond movie?

Wethal on July 31, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I hear “Hope Floats 2″ is coming out on the 17th of Who Gives a Damn.

Kataklysmic on July 31, 2012 at 7:09 PM

You might not like dramas or romantic comedies but at least we don’t get bombarded with hundreds of them every year. Summer time is the most boring time of the year….I would like to go see movies. But it sorta of sucks that the theaters are filled with crappy action flicks.

terryannonline on July 31, 2012 at 7:17 PM

License to Kill w/ Dalton (imho).

Kataklysmic on July 31, 2012 at 7:08 PM

..possibly. I nominate “Live and Let Die”. A sweaty little film and vapid attempt to tap into the Blaxploitation stuff in the early 70s. (Actually, a surprising number of them, by “today’s standards” are pretty lame.)

The War Planner on July 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Forget James Bond!

I want to know when Craig is doing the second and third installments of the “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” trilogy!

If you haven’t seen him in the first film, you need to get and watch the Blu-Ray as fast as humanly possible!

pilamaye on July 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Daniel Craig is the absolute worst Bond ever.
Timothy Dalton was the best.

OK. Now lead me to the gallows.

kit dinker on July 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Daniel Craig – the baddest James Bond EVER !!! —- YES, EVER

jake-the-goose on July 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Doesn’t look remarkable; just typical. Craig is looking haggard. I don’t think he’ll be making many more of these.

rickv404 on July 31, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Daniel Craig is the absolute worst Bond ever.
Timothy Dalton was the best.

OK. Now lead me to the gallows.

kit dinker on July 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I’d be the one led to the gallows for liking Roger Moore best. I never understood Connery’s appeal.

rickv404 on July 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Best Bond: Dalton.
Worst: Moore, though some of his movies were among the better overall.

Best movie: The Living Daylights, full stop.
Worst: A View to a Kill. Absolutely nothing salvageable in that stinker.

KingGold on July 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Would they go after James Bond for saying that security at the London Olympics is sub par?

Electrongod on July 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

The War Planner on July 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM

You are quite correct about the Blaxploitation angle in LALD. I love the ’70s and early 80′s campiness of the Roger Moore Bonds. They’re so bad that they’re good. For Your Eyes Only is one of my faves.

Kataklysmic on July 31, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I can’t read anymore of this thread.

taternuggets on July 31, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Electrongod on July 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

..obligatory.

The War Planner on July 31, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Daniel Craig’s face looks like an old catcher’s mitt.

This is supposed to be Bond?

Really?

kit dinker on July 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Xaiver Bardem looks freaky! I like it!

JAM on July 31, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Meh.

Looking forward to Bourne Legacy much, much more.

salmonczar on July 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM

@kit dinker – yeah, I’m thinking age is catching up to him sooner than anyone expected. He’s not as old as his face would indicate.

mrsknightley on July 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Once the movies became unmoored from the books, I lost interest. And that happened a long time ago. Now Bond is just another superhero (which Fleming’s Bond decidedly was not).

rrpjr on July 31, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Daniel Craig’s face looks like an old catcher’s mitt.

This is supposed to be Bond?

Really?

kit dinker on July 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM

No – Hillary Clinton’s face looks like an old catcher’s mitt – soaked in Maker’s Mark – of course

Daniel Craig is just a BAD ASS James Bond – not a puss Bond

jake-the-goose on July 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Timothy Dalton (James Bond) vs Robert Davi (Franz Sanchez) in License to Kill. Best Bond flick ever.

maineconservative on July 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Brosnan never had a chance to grow in that role. He was perfect: wit, style, lethality. Craig is, well, a bit short on the wit.

Connery was the best. Seems Scots and Irishmen make the best English spies.

AshleyTKing on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Meh.

Looking forward to Bourne Legacy much, much more.

salmonczar on July 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I like both, but in reality I just really like the whole spy genre. I grew up watching all the Bond movies, and I feel like there was a pretty big gap where no good spy action movies came out. And now both the Bourne and Bond series have been churning out some pretty good movies.

Oh, and let’s not forget the greatest spy movie of all time:
Spies Like Us

strictnein on July 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Daniel Craig’s Janes Bond is more in line with the character in Ian Fleming’s novels.

Kim Priestap on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

@AshleyTKing – exactly. Speaking as a woman I can say Brosnan had that charm thing dead to rights, but I also believed he could kill someone without blinking an eye and go right back to seducing a woman, gambling, or whatever he was doing.

mrsknightley on July 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Fleming originally wanted David Niven for the role before Connery owned it. He’s the only actor who did too until Craig. This looks like a great follow-up to Craig’s Casino Royale, I can’t wait.

/what, there was a bond film after casino royale?

roy_batty on July 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Electrongod on July 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

…there’s guns in the movie so they will boycott it and we’ll never know.

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2012 at 8:00 PM

ha, if AP thinks that Connery wasn’t brooding enough, that was what they said of Moore in ’73. James Bond shouldn’t take himself that seriously. It’s supposed to be lighthearted entertainment with thrills and spills, not some angst-ridden psychodrama. The progressives who write the scripts these days weren’t even around when Bond was Bond. But somehow they think it would be cool to turn Bond into Dexter.

Hollywood can’t let the icons be just for fun. Regardless of the classic hero, they have to turn them into psyche studies. That is not where the entertainment value is to be found. If they ever do a remake of Gilligan’s Island, the Skipper will be a drunk with anger issues brought on by war-induced PTSD, Mary Ann will be dealing with the effects of child abuse at the hands of her father, Ginger will be a bitter, manipulative hussy with a drug addiction, Thurston Howell will be a Republican. His wife will resent him for it. The professor will be a black woman, who has always had to prove herself capable in a bigoted world, and Gilligan, he will be struggling to cope with his newly-realized homosexuality. And every episode will be a morality play, a metaphor about social injustice.

And it won’t be afternoon fare. It will air at 10 pm after you put your kids to sleep.

That’s what progressives do to anything classic they touch.

keep the change on July 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

keep the change on July 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

That was beautiful man!

roy_batty on July 31, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Kim Priestap on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I concur. Having read most of Flemming’s Bond books Craig definitely fits the Flemming mold for what Bond is supposed to be.

Those that only know Bond from the movies know nothing.

exsanguine on July 31, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Here’s hoping that the “Mommy was very bad” quote has nothing to do with the recent Olympic stunt with QE II.

Seriously, the previous movies in the Bond franchise have been all over the place including forays into metrosexual spies which nobody should be subjected to. It even turned to complete camp for a period in the 1980s.

This latest series with Craig is truer to the character and really does make for a better movie. And I think a lot of that has to do with the bad Bond movies. Technology has outpaced the gee whiz devices of the early movies. The latter movies just used gimmicks. The current series relies less on technology than gets back to the character. I predict a long run for this Bond franchise.

Happy Nomad on July 31, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Craig is a great Bond, I like the aura of heartlessness he emits for the part. Still, no one can hold a candle to George Lazenby.

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Looking forward to Bourne Legacy much, much more.

salmonczar on July 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM

And the cool thing about that is that you can watch the movies and read the books of the same name and see/read entirely different stories!

Happy Nomad on July 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Quantum of Solace was terrible and I didn’t appreciate the anti-American, anti-British ex-pratriot they’ve turned the Bond character into. The Bond films are also ripoffs of the Bourne films, and I absolutely can’t stand the shaky cam during fight scenes. I’m not big on Craig either, he has that weathered look to his face which gives the illusion of masculinity, but he doesn’t come across as tough to the core the way Connery did.

Connery could crack a joke with a wry smile and still kick butt – a true bad ass who would never touch a Heineken. I also liked Dalton’s Bond despite the criticisms of him.

Fleming’s Bond is a patriotic true believer from a working class background who served his country, not this Kurt Cobain angst ridden Bourne ripoff whose politics mirror the post colonialist rage of Obama.

Inthemiddle, you were whining about TDKR having a rightward slant, well here’s a movie for you. There are plenty like it, with many more to come, so I’m not sure why you flipped out over one Nolan flick.

In other words: Pass.

Daemonocracy on July 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Hell, if you read the ‘Doctor No’ book you are quickly introduced to the boozing, chain smoking Bond who has no problems killing a partner to save them from a terrible death, bedding woman after woman, then going on the job and killing anything that gets in his way.

exsanguine on July 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

That’s what progressives do to anything classic they touch.

keep the change on July 31, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Yes, and it’s what they are doing to this country politically and economically, as well. Republicans and conservatives are seemingly impotent against them and in many cases complicit.

rickv404 on July 31, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I can’t stand the lame pout Craig puts on in every scene. Mannequin Skywalker had a greater emotional range.

James on July 31, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I’m sure you’re being sarcastic but that one Lazenby flick is my favorite Bond of all. I also really like the scene where he’s hiding in the crowd by the frozen pond where people are skating, he looks frightened and vulnerable which really humanized the character for me.

Daemonocracy on July 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I am more pumped about Taken 2 coming out. Liam Neeson’s character in that would eat Bond for breakfast.

OliverB on July 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Me Like!

Opposite Day on July 31, 2012 at 8:24 PM

OliverB on July 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Ooh yeah. I saw the trailer for that attached to TDKR… looks good.

salmonczar on July 31, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Connery was the best. Seems Scots and Irishmen make the best English spies.

AshleyTKing on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

please oh pls stop talking about brosnan. I was 16 when he took over and was in a phase in my life when any “action” movie was awesome…but brosnan killed his bond movies. If your top speed sprinting is a leisurely jog you are not epic spy material. (I dont care how cool you think you are) Connery gets a pass because he did not think he was cool, he just was cool.

Craig is exactly how I would have pictured a younger/more driven sean connery 007. Still full of passion and untempered. Apparently if an englishman gets smoother as he gets older he turns scottish…and maybe becomes immortal?

airmonkey on July 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Happy Nomad on July 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Eh. I tried the books back in college and wasn’t impressed with the writing. Wasn’t impressed with Damon, either, needless to say, but man I will walk over hot coals to see Jeremy Renner in a good action flick…

salmonczar on July 31, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I’m looking forward to “Hope Springs” with Meryll Streep, I think she will really bring it.

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Happy Nomad on July 31, 2012 at 8:14 PM

You mean where everyone, good guys, bad guys, the hero, the villain, everyone carries a “.38 automatic” whatever the hell that is?

I got about 15 pages into the first Bourne book and decided it was going to be a huge waste of my time.

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 8:31 PM

The only film I go watch on opening weekend. Crowds be damned. Batman has to wait until it’s open 3 weeks before I grace it with my presence. See ya’ Saturday Bruce.

I just hope they have decided to inject some humor back into the series. I don’t think I laughed once during Quantum of Solace.

Craig has been solid. Thank God they didn’t recruit another Timothy Dalton or George Lazenby.

Hog Wild on July 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Mr. Bond….quit wasting your time saving the prog cesspool of Europe.

Get your *ss to the USA and undermine the OWS terror ring that is taking out Chick-Fil-A.

Don’t WASTE your talents.

KirknBurker on July 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM

2:14.

Yeah.

Jim Treacher on July 31, 2012 at 8:41 PM

It seems that Craig has done to Bond movies what Bale has done for Batman: turn the character into the mature, dark, brooding type that he was in fiction. I’ve no problem at all with Craig’s portrayal of Bond and thought Casino Royale was the best Bond flick of em all.

When I was a teenager, Brosnan’s portrayal of Bond was fine, but rewatching them in my 30′s, he’s a joke. He’s in the Timothy Dalton realm of Bond’s in my mind. Connery will always be a great Bond, but the movies are really showing their date. Moore was good as well even though he was a more jovial Bond.

Looking forward to this one and I’m willing to excuse the disaster that was the last one due to the writers’ strike.

njrob on July 31, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Hog Wild on July 31, 2012 at 8:35 PM

airmonkey on July 31, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Actually, the books are better stories. They are merely absent the “if you were in your office we would be having this conversation face-to-face” gimmicks of the movies.

But you have to read the books in order to appreciate and understand the story. The movies- hop in whenever you want!

Happy Nomad on July 31, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Hmm… thread seems to be on a huge delay swallowing posts.

If we’re going for true Bond classics, then you have to go with the one when he was just a kid in high school. Now this is an epic bond.

Star maker.

njrob on July 31, 2012 at 8:53 PM

The new Q is q-te. SEE WHAT I DID THERE!!!

It's Vintage, Duh on July 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM

The real James Bond. A much more interesting life.

BL@KBIRD on July 31, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 8:31 PM

…..cough cough….. colt m1900 …..cough cough…..

roy_batty on July 31, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Sean Connery met the ideal that Ian Fleming created the best…Brosnan did a good job modernizing it for awhile, but definitely, Craig would fit the modern Ian Fleming role the best. If
For the late 50 and early 60′s, he captured what was the true world spy…or the perception of.

He would now do the same with Craig, a bit more crude, ruthless, and not so “dashing”…if he were still with us and writing.

His books were absolutely the best spy books, and all the modern “spy” writers clearly have copied him in many ways…not Jason Bourne, a “child” of the James Bond books.

right2bright on July 31, 2012 at 9:30 PM

He’s a nifty blend of hero and antihero.

I think Steve McQueen already did that.

VorDaj on July 31, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Never been a big fan of the James Bond movies. I find them to be repetitive and rather tedious.

That being said, I have an endless crush on Ralph Fiennes. It makes me sad to see him clinging to the last vestiges of his hair. Wish he would just shave his head. But I totally find him sexy. No idea why. Perhaps it’s the suggestion of batsh*t crazy that seems to be inside of him.

What was I talking about? Oh, right, James Bond movie. Meh.

mjk on July 31, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Kim Priestap on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

No, Connery was…smooth, sophisticated, only the finer things in life…Craig is James Bond 3.0…

right2bright on July 31, 2012 at 9:34 PM

The best Bond film I ever saw was “Sherlock Holmes: A game of Shadows”.

VorDaj on July 31, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Here is a link to Flemmings description of his “Bond” Character…
this is not going to endear Bond to Rahm as it doesn’t reflect “Chicago Values”:

Another general attitude and prejudice of Fleming’s that Bond gives voice to includes his approach to homosexuality. Despite a number of gay friends, including Noël Coward and his editor, William Plomer, Fleming said that his books were “written for warm-blooded heterosexuals”.[67] His attitude went further, with Bond opining that homosexuals were “a herd of unhappy sexual misfits – barren and full of frustrations, the women wanting to dominate and the men to be nannied”, adding that “he was sorry for them, but he had no time for them

I think Bond would be arrested in London today for “hate speech”

Strike Hornet on July 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Actually, a 9mm is just a “.38 short”, considering that a .38 is actually .357 dia, and 9mm is .355. I just don’t here many people refer to it that way outside of us gun nuts.

BTW, the .45 was a direct replacement for the the .38 ACP (see previously note about .38 auto).

Fighton03 on July 31, 2012 at 10:43 PM

As for best Bond…Daniel Craig (but Mr. Connery will maintain honorary status).

The absolute worst, bar none, Roger Moore. Brosnan was a close second.

Worst movie….tie between Octopussy and View To A Kill.

Fighton03 on July 31, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I think Steve McQueen already did that.

VorDaj on July 31, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Puleeeeze, Robert Mitchum defined it!

/love hate

roy_batty on July 31, 2012 at 10:48 PM

One thing I did like Brosnan in was The Thomas Crown Affair.

Normally I would have laughed at comparing Brosnan to McQueen, but he played the roll so differently that it worked. But Faye Dunaway absolutely destroyed Rene Russo in comparison.

Fighton03 on July 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM

One thing I did like Brosnan in was The Thomas Crown Affair.

Fighton03 on July 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I concur…I thought Brosnan was perfectly cast in that film. He and Renee Russo had terrific chemistry…the soundtrack was outstanding as well (especially the classic “Windmills Of My Mind” performed by Sting and written by the legendary writing team of Alan and Marilyn Bergman)…

Strike Hornet on July 31, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Craig is an awesome bond, I just wish the producers would give him better stories/plots to work with. It looks like this one might be his breakout movie but trailers can be deceiving. Kind of like what Goldfinger was for Connery after the first two movies he did that were so-so. 3rd time is the charm.

JB-STLMO on July 31, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Strike Hornet on July 31, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Sinnerman! I can watch the movie just to hear that piece.

Fighton03 on July 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I still miss Brosnan, who’s still the all-time best Bond in my book.

mrsknightley on July 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Sean Connery

Rod on July 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I was always partial to Peter Sellers.

bmmg39 on July 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I was always partial to Peter Sellers.

bmmg39 on July 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM

ahhh..the power of celibacy….

Fighton03 on July 31, 2012 at 11:20 PM

The Bad Guy , I think, is the evil dude from ‘No Country For Old Men’.

I think he’s from Spain.

birdhurd on July 31, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Well, it looks better than Quantum of Solace but who knows.

I like Craig, I thought I wouldn’t but Casino Royale was a decent starter. Brosnan was good for the first one he did, then they progressively got worse as they brought in too much humor and made it too much like the Moore films. As someone mentioned they were too PC.

I’m still a Tim Dalton fan and his first, Living Daylights being my favorite Bond movie.

oryguncon on August 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Daniel Craig’s James Bond is more in line with the character in Ian Fleming’s novels.

Kim Priestap on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

So… what would Daniel Craig as Caractacus Pott in a remake of “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” be like?

Just wondering…

E-R

electric-rascal on August 1, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Best Bond: Sean Connery(up through Thunderball before he stopped caring)

Best Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Worst Bond: Roger Moore(except for The Spy Who Loved Me and For Her Thighs Only)

Worst Bond Movie: Live and Let Die(also a lame book except for the coral dragging and maiming of Felix Leiter which wound up being used in other movies)

BTW, I agree with the praise given to On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. A great Bond flick with my favorite Bond girl in Diana Rigg’s Tracy.

Doughboy on August 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM

My heart still belongs to Sean…but oh, that Daniel Craig..sigh..

Xango Annie on August 1, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Moonraker yet as the worst Bond. Also the most unrealistic Bond plot, which is saying quite a bit.

IMO, Moonraker was a reaction to Star Wars the way that Live and Let Die was a reaction to the blaxploitation films of that era. Both of those are on the list of worst Bond movies, but in my book Moonraker takes the cake.

KingOfTheRoad on August 1, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Craig seems to be suffering with depression in a world of maternal, usually wrongheaded authority while fighting real evil.

Reminds me of US conservatives.

But he gets the Aston Martin and Walther.

IlikedAUH2O on August 1, 2012 at 3:43 AM

But it sorta of sucks that the theaters are filled with crappy action flicks.

terryannonline on July 31, 2012 at 7:17 PM

“Crappy” is in the eye of the beholder of course, but movie studios tend to put out movies they think will make money. Action flicks make money and so more of them are made. I gravitate toward action flicks, but even I have some standards, unfathomable as they may be. Not interested in Bond movies but I’m eagerly awaiting Expendables II. Go figure.
As for why they release certain movies at certain times of the year, maybe it’s the teenager out of school summertime market that drives this. Seems obvious to me. As an adult, I will see a movie that captures my interest no matter what time of year it is.

SKYFOX on August 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Craig not aging as well as Connery, friendo!

Sherman1864 on August 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM