Video: “Skyfall” trailer

posted at 6:41 pm on July 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. I’m not a big Bond fan and didn’t care for the teaser trailer, but honestly, this looks as solid as an action flick can get. Like Ace, I think Daniel Craig makes a fine 007: He’s got star power to spare and I like the brooding contrast with Connery’s easy charm. Hard to imagine SC in a plot like this, where Bond is (or appears to be) fighting British intelligence, but Craig seems perfect for it. He’s a nifty blend of hero and antihero.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I still miss Brosnan, who’s still the all-time best Bond in my book.

In order for me:
Connery
Brosnan
Craig (could supplant Brosnan for the #2 slot)
Dalton (the only one to actually play the literary character)
Lazenby (his Bond and that movie are a lot better than he/it gets credit for. The big problem was being the first one to replace Connery)
Moore (he was basically playing the Saint until “The Spy Who Loved Me” and his only truly great Bond movie was “For Your Eyes Only”)

crazy_legs on August 1, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Exit question: worst Bond movie?

Moonraker – easily #1 followed by a tie between Man with the Golden Gun and Live and Let Die (could’ve been such a good movie, since two major plot points were ignored and not filmed until For Your Eyes Only and License To Kill).

crazy_legs on August 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Such trivial nonsense /s. Let the serious conversation begin….So what is the best (and worst) Bond theme song? I vote for the Beatles “Live and Let Die” as one of the best.

AverageJoe on August 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Best Bond theme song: GOLDFINGER
Worst Bond theme song: tie between THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN and DIE ANOTHER DAY

Mibrilane on August 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I vote for the Beatles Wings “Live and Let Die” as one of the best.

FIFY. I agree – best thing about the movie. Goldfinger is the best Bond theme, though.

Worst? Maybe Man with the Golden Gun or Thunderball. Talk about trying to crowbar a movie title into the lyrics “And he STRUTS… like THUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNDER…. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL”

crazy_legs on August 1, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Exit question: worst Bond movie?

crazy_legs on August 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Everybody has an opinion. Columnist Lawrence Meyers at Breitbart gives “The Man With The Golden Gun” high praise in his reviews of the Bond films. I happen to like “Moonraker” and “A View To A Kill”. The only distraction of “Moonraker” was bringing the character of Jaws back. My least favorite Moore outing is “The Spy Who Loved Me”. Didn’t care for the angle of Bond getting friendly with a Soviet spy. I care for hardly any of the Connery Bonds. They are too tame by the standards of the Bond films that followed.

rickv404 on August 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM

AverageJoe on August 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM

It was Wings not the Beatles.

/facepalm

roy_batty on August 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

So… what would Daniel Craig as Caractacus Potts in a remake of “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” be like?

electric-rascal on August 1, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I see what you did there…..

/CCBB, best Ian Fleming story by far

roy_batty on August 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I vote for the Beatles Wings “Live and Let Die” as one of the best.

Yeah, I forgot that Paul McCartney moved on by then.

I also like “Goldfinger”, thought its a completely different style of song. Same with “Nobody does it better” and “You only live twice”.

AverageJoe on August 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Worst Bond? Easy – Octopussy, followed by Man With the Golden Gun, closely trailed by View to a Kill. Then, You Only Live Twice, which was a travesty because it is the best of the books.

Best? Casino Royale, then From Russia With Love and Thunderball.

For theme songs: Don’t forget the Jack White / Alicia Keys one – Another Way to Die. Love it! Can’t go wrong with anything Shirley Bassey.

Worst? Rita Coolidge? Ick. License to Kill (Gladys Knight)? Boring. Die Another Day (Madonna)? Yuck.

Special mention for the “secondary” theme from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service – Louis Armstrong doing, “We Have All the Time in the World.” That’s unbelievably good.

And, Diana Rigg – my favorite Bond girl.

Pablo Snooze on August 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Pablo Snooze on August 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM

You’ve got to be kidding. That was the absolute worst Bond theme. The only thing about as bad was that Madonna travesty.

rickv404 on August 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM